New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 4

[Sif Amil]

Sakura is willing to put up with it, especially after what the burned dryad just went though. Of course, Sakura is clothed right now (I think) so there's no feeling the skin over her belly I would think.

Something occurs tot he dryad. "Do you have a name?" She asks gently, turning her head to look at the other dryad.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ogre in the Playground

Cinemag Theatre

Silly Magtok. Pat would know all about those things. After all, she has eyes, ears, and antennae in every room in the MagCave.

Pat grins at the idea and stands up with him. "Mistah M., I'd love to do that with you. But I think I should change out of this short dress if I'm going to be flying above people." She admits, gesturing down at her short skirt and flicking it. Luckily she doesn't have any tails to make things more awkward.

She takes Magtok's arm as they leave, and once out of the door, she heads right for a nearby alley. "Stay here for a moment. Please?" She begs before entering.

She travels to the far end, out of sight, and hunkers down behind a dumpster. After a moment, a small swarm of ants crawl out of their hiding places and cover her. She never went anywhere without them. She closes her eyes as the thousands of insects tear apart her clothing and nearby refuse for bio-matter even as they spin new fabric around her.

It takes several long minutes, but at the end, she gets to the mouth of the alley, propping herself up on the wall. She's shrouded by darkness at the moment, but her shape is different. "I'm ready Mistah M."

Jeremy's Realm

Jeff gives a nod. "Sounds like quite a trip. If you don't mind though, I'd like to ask you two to stay a couple days. If only so Rose can meet her uncle."

3. - Top - End - #933
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Sif Amil]

That won't be a issue actually, but as Harnel approaches the altar the world around him suddenly becomes more colorful like he's on some kind of wonderful drug.

Suddenly the idol on the altar appears to come to life and the foul head turns to look at Harnel and speaks to him.
    "Touch the altar and activate the sending rune."
    It speaks in a horrible deep demonic voice, it's eyes glowing like the pits of hell itself.

Harnel will feel strangely compelled to obey the voice as the demonic influence within his body grows stronger just by hearing it. This is the voice of a GOD.

The rest won't see any of this as it's all just in Harnel's mind. Sakura might feel a slight tug inside her head though as the corruption is brought to life within her.

"Aska." The dryad replies with a smile as she caresses Sakuras stomach. And Sakura is clothes yes, but she's probably pretty wet by now.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-12-06 at 08:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sif Amil]

Well now, that certainly catches Harnel attention. His eyes narrow though; he's never trusted things that don't present themselves to him. He looks back towards the others for a moment, but since they are obviously not hearing the voice, he thinks back to it Why should I?

It appears he's resisting the compulsion. For now.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sif Amil]

Ah yes, wet clothing. >.> Probably a tad see through too, just because she likes light, bright colours. Not that Sakura cares. =x

"That's a nice name." Sakura looks down at her stomach and Aska's hand. She tries to put her own hand over the burned dryad's. "I'm having a baby soon." She explains, not really sure how much Aska knows.

Sakura's too distracted to notice the tug, but Sarget certainly looks more attentive, and he was very attentive already.

6. - Top - End - #936

[Sif Amil]

"Oh jeez, what are you doing?" Old Oaks demands as Harnel seems to be speaking to himself.

To Harnel the idol moves it's wings and stares at him for a moment as if surprised to being questioned,
    "Do as I say and you shall gain purity. The seed is already within you. You might become great one day."
    The voice speaks as the corruption start to effect him even more just by hearing it's voice. He will get the compulsion to just kneel down and worship it, doing everything it commands.

"He might be under some type of spell, be weary, something is wrong." The elderly druid states as he looks at Harnel.

"Baby..." Aska repeats, staring in wonder at Sakura's belly.
    She might realize that Aska probably is much older then her despite her current mental state. The other dryad is at least about as tall as Adir.

Sakura might also note Aska is leaving traches of ash on Sakura's dress.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sif Amil]

"There's something talking to me in my head, and it's trying to tell me to do things. I think I'm just going to ignore it at this point and get on with it."

Harnel, this time completely ignoring the voice, brings his sword down on the altar, intending to cleave it in half completely.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cinemag Theatre => Waiting Outside Some Alleyway

Magtok stands around, doing as asked and leaning his back against a wall, watching out for any sort of slimy weirdos who might try to slip into the alley after Pat. He seems pretty alright with waiting at first, when a stray thought suddenly strikes him. Pat was wearing a short skirt. Magtok didn't see any pockets, and believe me, he would've definitely noticed if she had any. She wasn't carrying any particularly large bag or purse or hauling around any sort of backpack, either.

So where the hell is her change of clothes coming from? Is she arranging for some sort of impossible ant-powered helicopter airdrop? Picking a dirty rag from out of the dumpster? Cutting up her old dress and making an impromptu bikini out of it? Is she even changing at all, or is this just part of that elaborate alien seduction thing that will lead to her asking him to help with a zipper and then eating him alive in the alley? Oh gods, it's that last thing, isn't it?!

It is! It's the zipper and being eaten alive thing, it has to be! Can't you hear?! She's calling out to Magtok! Tell her to go away, Maggy! Tell her you're afraid of alleys, tell her you have a zipper allergy, tell her anything, just-

What's that? Oh, she said she's ready? Hmph. Okay fine, so she's not going to murder you yet. I still say she's totally an alien kidney-muncher, though.

"Then away we go!"

The paddleboat swoops down next to Mag. He stands up inside it, gives the wheel a kick with one leg, and it swings over to one side, so he can finally pierce the dark gloom and see what she's wearing, before reaching out to take Pat's hand and help her into the passenger seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sif Amil]

Sakura smiles and would say more, but there's something going on with Harnel. The dryad looks on at the half dragon with some concern, but he seems to have it under control. Thank goodness. They don't need anything else going wrong today.

10. - Top - End - #940

[Sif Amil]

"Purity won't be denied."
    The statue states calmly before it's cut in half, causing the circle around Old Oaks to fade away.
    "About time... I think I need to kill some more gnolls before I'm satisfied today." The elemental being states as she releases the mote into the air, causing it to fly up towards the sky and disappear.

"Who are you people anyway?" She asks, obviously meaning Sakura, Sarget and Harnel.

But at the same time the corruption is surging within Harnel's body, spreading much faster then in Sakura or Sarget.

"They're friends... I called them in. This was my idea actually." Azalea claims, which is totally true!... sort of.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-12-06 at 09:34 PM.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Cinemage Theatre

Pat takes his hand, showing a skin-tight red glove as she steps out into the light, a smile playing on her lips. She's dressed in what might as well be an exact copy of Harley Quinn's catsuit. "Oh yes, we're definitely going."

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sif Amil]

Interesting thing for Azalea to say, because if Harnel hadn't been here, this wouldn't be happening to him.

He clutches at his chest, giving out a grunt of pain, his eyes wide. He'll collapse to his hands and knees in a moment, still clutching his chest as the effect begins to spread at an increased rate.

"AAAAAUGH!"

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sif Amil]

"My name's Saku- Harnel!" Sakura cries out as Harnel collapses. She lets go of Aska and rushes over to Harnel, kneeling beside him and putting her hands on his shoulders. "Harnel? What's happening?"

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sif Amil]

Harnel just continues to hold his chest and pant, when Sakura comes over, she can see that on his right arm his scales are starting to blacken, and it's beginning to go up his arm to his chest and back. Once it reaches his torso, He can't hold himself up anymore, and collapses.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sif Amil]

Sakura tries to hold him up, but it's a lost cause. She's not that strong. =x Instead she's left feeling helpless as Harnel is changed.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Troll in the Playground

Jeremy's Realm

"Of course. I was hoping to get to meet all of Jeremy's family while we were here," Shawna says with a nod - then pauses. "Should I change back to a normal hair color before we rejoin the others, as well?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #947

[Sif Amil]

The group looks shocked at Harnel as the elder druid rushes over, "Excuse me child, let me look over him."

If Sakura moves away he will gently put his hand on Harnel's chest just to quickly pull it back again, "Corruption." He says shocked. "Something unnatural is changing his very nature."

Old Oaks raises an eyebrow, "Will he die?"

"No, but he might change completely mentally and physically, it have already started..." He looks saddened at Harnel. "And I can't stop it." He's probably feeling as useless as Sakura at the moment.

"Healing isn't really my thing either... I could mercy kill him though if that's whats needed."

She's given a look by the elder.

"What?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-12-06 at 10:31 PM.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sif Amil]

Sakura shoots a glare at Old Oaks and moves so she's just a bit more in between her and Harnel. "Don't even think that." She says harshly. Not her friend!

Her attention is soon shifted back to Harnel. What's happening to him?

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sif Amil]

Soon, Harnel's entire body will be covered in the black scales, the yellow ones on his stomach and along the bottom of his tail turning to a blood red. His horns also take on this red hue, but no other changes are visible. Harnel is very clearly having trouble breathing, and even in his sleep is grasping at chest pains.

20. - Top - End - #950

[Sif Amil]

Azalea stares in shock at Harnel, this wasn't what she wanted at all, she just wanted to get rid of that silly field.

Old Oaks nods, "Got it, no killing, but then-"

"Wait!" Azalea exclaims, turning to Sakura, "That sunlight Zelia gave you, it could help him, or at least relive the pain." She says to the dryad.

The elder raises an eyebrow, "Sunlight from the glade? Yes, it probably could... if used by a fey."

Aska looks a bit worried as she stares at Harnel and Sakura but doesn't seem to have anything to add.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sif Amil]

It takes Sakura a moment to comprehend what she means, then she remembers! The dryad shifts closer to Harnel and puts a hand on his shoulder. With her other hand she retrieves the sunlight. She seems to have some instinctive knowledge of what to do with it. She presses the light to his chest, hoping it will work.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sif Amil]

After a moment, Harnel's breathing settles, and he stops clawing at his chest. It doesn't undo the change, but still, that's something.

23. - Top - End - #953

[Sif Amil]

As Harnel seems to relax Azalea and the elder relaxes as well.

"Looks like it helped." The young druid says as she kneels down in front of Harnel.

"Not against the changes I'm afraid, we need something else." The elder says sadly. "But I know very little about the nature of this corruption, he did mention the gnoll saying something about poison did he not?"

"I could take them to a place where they could get better help." Old oaks offers.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sif Amil]

Harnel continues to lay there, now sleeping more peacefully. No more visible changes are present yet, but it's only a matter of time.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sif Amil]

"He did." Sarget answers, moving toward the group. "It may have been coated on the gnoll's weapons." He reasons.

Sakura gives Old Oaks a pleading look. "Could you? We need to get him help fast." She looks back to Harnel. At least he looks a bit better now.

26. - Top - End - #956

[Sif Amil]

"Sure, just hang on a bit. Where are these guys from?"

"Watchtower, it's a bit-"

"Seen it, let's go!"

"Wait, yo-"

There is a strong flash of as the entire group seems to transform into a wisp of pure electric energy which flies away.

[Sif Erath]

A moment later the wisp reaches Sif Erath and the three druids materialize there.

"I hate when she does that."

[Goblin Camp]

At the camp a confused goblin suddenly appears, "...I think I need a drink."

27. - Top - End - #957

Swamp of Not-Quite-Sanity

"Vel, duh. It's treasure schtorage! An vere dere's treasure, dere's dragons, so dere's gotta be a dragon down dere!"

Well, you gotta respect his tenacity. Nimrod is gonna find and kill a dragon, even if he has to make one out of wine barrels and loose change!
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Despair actually facepalms!

"THAT'S. NOT. HOW. DUNGEONS. WORK. Also, I'm fairly sure that's a wine cellar. I suggest we go up, then we can choose what to do with this."

29. - Top - End - #959
    Orc in the Playground

The door ahead is currently closed; going forward would first need to determine the state of the room beyond and/or the door's lock/state of rot.

There's almost certainly no dragons in the cellar. Perhaps in the actual dungeon...
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ogre in the Playground

[Swamp of Not-Quite-Sanity]

"Yeah... I agree with Despair. There's probably nothing down there." Jasmine looks at her companions expectantly before starting to move toward the closed door. Unless someone decides to talk some sense into her, she's just going to open it without even hesitating.