New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Armies of Undeath IC

Before you are rugged mountains. Behind you there are more rugged mountains. They restrict sight somewhat. The chill spring breeze is crisp and carries a fresh air from further north.

The path leading between, and sometmes up, the mountains is rocky and uneven, covered in a veneer of snow, yet still can be walked easily on. Downhill to the south is where civilisation can be found. Continuing north promises a small village just recovering from the winter chill. Off to the sides of the path are deep snowdrifts and rapidly steepening terrain.
    Thanks to Terry576 for the avatar !

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Armies of Undeath IC

Victor snapped a blonde lock away from his harsh, though elegant visage, ever keeping his mind within the fold from which he pulled his magic as he raised a hand from the hilt of his rapier to nudge Vladimir, gesturing at the three others sharing the road with them. He spoke not a word, that small gesture being enough for his purposes.
    Credit for the awesome avvie goes to emporer Ing.

TO EVERYONE: My life has taken a turn for the busy, and I have more things on my plate than I expected. I WILL respond to EVERYTHING, but I need some extra time and patience. Thank you all, in advance. Giantitp folk tend to be understanding and I'm infinitely grateful.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Wearing a simple, short cotton tunic, Xandria smiled maliciously. Maybe this time was the good one. She began to look the other walkings with interrest, seemingly not impeded by the cold. Her locks of red hair flowing free on her shoulders, she walks on snow and ice with a sure foot.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Hooded Figure

The hooded figure walks with such grace over the snow that with his cloak touching the snow, it seems he is floating. He looks warily at the other figures sharing the road with him, and he decides to walk behind all of them. He hugs his cloak closer to shield himself from the cold; he is not used to it, but it's not something he cannot adjust to. He looks forward to the north, trying to assess how much longer it would take for him to reach the village.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Though Vladimir recoiled mentally from that faint tactile perception, Victor's nudge drew his attention from that state of awareness necessitated of so fickle a safety these barren roads provided. Vladimir's first thought, reflected by the twitch of several fingers toward the hilt of that massive blade protruding elegantly from beyond that donned cloak, was purely reactionary to that vigil he'd kept.

Ultimately, though, he'd merely react in the manner desired. His hand, the inch it'd moved through the haze of reflex, lowered to its prior; his gaze, a silver as cold as was the weather the whole of them presently endured, regarded those hardy wayfarers discovered. For that momentary lapse in poise allowed, Vladimir mused on just how correct his assumption of their physical and mental fortitude had been, those knowledgeable orbs recognizing a distinctness among them not shared by common stock.

The swift shift in Vladimir's auras, Victor would likely feel, would demonstrate that perception; were these common souls, his ego would allow for little in the manner of the augmentation the two of them now harbored. Though their internal physique would reflect the loss of refreshment, Vladimir's drilling voice subsiding, they would gain the intrinsic presence of protection. Should the dogs be starved, Vladimir thought, before voicing that thought through whispered motivation.

Inclining his visage in acknowledgement of Victor's gesture, he would give a sweep of his surroundings, those presences alerting him of potential flankers. He exerted his aura through example, his body the means of communication; Victor a long time ally, he'd imagine his own careful demeanor would lend the desired effect.

Spoiler
    Show
    Note, Vladimir is merely acting through protocol; he does not wish to engage, and is merely being weary of these seemingly powerful, wandering strangers sharing the road with he and Victor. Free action, changing from Enduring March aura to Resist Piercing (tactical advantage: ranged weapon defense), and one Swift action to project Major Aura: Motivate Care(AC bonus of +7).
    ‎"He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.." -Leonardo da Vinci

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

It was cold, but not terribly so. The wind did make him shiver a little, but isn't giving him frostbite at the moment.

While he is aware of the other travelers, he isn't sure what to do about it, so he settles on flashing a polite smile and saying "Hello".

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hearing no reply, he volunteers more information.

"I'm Thalos. I'm heading to the village north of here. Are you heading there too?""

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Her smile grow bigger.

Hello. I am Xandria... and I'm not heading in a particular direction, I'm simply looking for people. For nice people to meet, and for wicked people to hunt down.

She looks serious, but something is strange about what she says.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Hooded Figure

The hooded man looks at the direction of the other traveler who tried to engage in conversation, fixes his eyes upon him, and begins to study his features and his movements. But he makes no move to reply. After a while he resumes to looking forward up the road, but his ears are trained on the conversation that has now began with the man who calls himself Thalos and a woman who introduces herself as Xandria.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Victor tossed his head back haughtily, returning the mans hail.
    I am Victor Ivanovich Straud du Cherbourg, and who are you to ask my identity and destination, traveler?

TO EVERYONE: My life has taken a turn for the busy, and I have more things on my plate than I expected. I WILL respond to EVERYTHING, but I need some extra time and patience. Thank you all, in advance. Giantitp folk tend to be understanding and I'm infinitely grateful.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Thalos shrugs, saying "Just a traveler making small talk to take his mind of the cold." as he walks. "I say, perhaps its fate that we meet here."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Victor scoffed at the man before him, drawing himself to his full height as he approached, confident that he would find Vladimir close behind.
    Men rule their own fates, and ought to fight to keep it that way, Thalos.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

That is exactly what I wanted to say.

She then makes a little sign to the hooded figure.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Hooded Figure

The hooded man continues to make his way through the passage in silence, in that same graceful manner. He continues to look forward but listen in on the conversation, from which he gathered the names of some of the ones who share the road with him. He then notices the woman called Xandria motion something at him from the corner of his eyes, prompting him to shift his gaze towards her. Two pools that seem to radiate some sort of glow from within the shadow cast by his hood focus on the woman for a few seconds, measuring, studying her features, then goes back to the direction of north.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Victor let a sigh heave out from his thin frame, rearranging himself to lean against a small outcropping of rock as he waited for his companion's stride to return them to the flanks of one another. He idly threw his cloak over his shoulder, the emblem of the silver head and face of a large arctic fox emblazoned across the otherwise white fabric.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Vladimir

Vladimir resigned to observation, though failed to operate under the assumption that the given dialog denoted a benevolent party. His defenses bolstered, eased into his extraordinarily clear perception of the scenario at large, guided him toward his ultimately passive actions. His frame, too buried beneath the various layers of generally off-white apparel present, carried itself, with graceful steps, to occupy the flank of his comrade. He merely stood in noticeable inaction, his approach much less obvious.

Still, a smile was flashed. White teeth, set against pale skin, reflected the present climate; though hardened he appeared - cold as the air the five of those gathered shared - a dismal, if ethereal beauty was abundant. His voice was as chilling as it was pleasant, to the common ear.. "The pleasantry of chaos.." Something, though, lingered. He imagined his voice didn't hold quite as much sway among those present, as he'd generally expect of a wandering soul. "..is that, perhaps, fate is beguiled by destiny." He'd again detach, a wandering eye absorbing the scenario. His gaze drifted toward the hooded figure, whereupon it would remain. A hail was thrown in the form of a raised hand, as though motioning for approach.
    ‎"He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.." -Leonardo da Vinci