New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Now aside from ticking off our resident space lich without repercussion, is there any other ways I can take advantage of this?
    You need another perk?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    RP
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...why are they celibate? If it's moral reasons I'll disapprove but just chase you instead.
    RP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be honest, they were just the first ones to come up when I searched for "Ship-proof people willing to work in top-secret underground bunker being raided by vengeful god." To be honest, they were the only result. But they've managed to work through around 30% of the filing already!
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    You need another perk?
    I am nothing if not looking to scrounge every perk I can from every situation.

I mean, aside from ironic hipstertudening.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Troll in the Playground

MY most hated loverival!

Also, I remembered I was going to reply to SiuiS about beers! (Spoilered for non-pony):

Spoiler
    Show

Belgian beers (in particular abbey ales and lambics) are typically slightly sweet or lightly fruity. In terms of color, they tend to run from pale gold through amber and on toward brown; they also tend to have a high ABV for beers, but they’re made to be savored rather than chugged anyway.

Another option you might try is porters (or stouts). Most have flavors of coffee or toffee, and they tend to be milder and have less bitterness than lighter or hoppier beers; incidentally some of my favorite beers are porters and stouts, and many smaller breweries have excellent recipes for this family of beer.

If you’re looking for a company to try, give New Holland a shot. They’re small enough to have some good recipes without sacrificing flavor for mass production, but they’re large enough that you should be able to find some of their product most places in the US if you look hard enough.

Also, have some (related) pony:
    Spoiler
    Show

(Also, I just like Berry Punch)
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

@AotRS: Regrading feminine shapes, maybe try to model 'hair' similar to this cover of old CP2020 supplement? It was the most feminine robot art I remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy View Post
    RP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be honest, they were just the first ones to come up when I searched for "Ship-proof people willing to work in top-secret underground bunker being raided by vengeful god." To be honest, they were the only result. But they've managed to work through around 30% of the filing already!
    RP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Appears behind Shadowy* That's the best you can think of? How about hiring the... copies of the only pony our so-called goddess never dared to ship successfully, or at all, even? And I have absolutely no ulterior motives here, dear, not at all!

*Shakes head and raises hoof in scenic gesture* Really, I have no idea what you ponies would have done without me~! *throws smoke bomb and exits leaving contract in blanco on the floor*
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    RP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Appears behind Shadowy* That's the best you can think of? How about hiring the... copies of the only pony our so-called goddess never dared to ship successfully, or at all, even? And I have absolutely no ulterior motives here, dear, not at all!

*Shakes head and raises hoof in scenic gesture* Really, I have no idea what you ponies would have done without me~! *throws smoke bomb and exits leaving contract in blanco on the floor*
    FFRP: Finding Berry Ann
    Spoiler
    Show
    That security system was a complete waste of time wasn't it?
    To shamelessly steal a line, Eeyup.
    Last edited by Shadowy; 2011-10-07 at 08:31 PM.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

7. - Top - End - #817
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Hrm. I should just show up all-white with some paint and let ponies paint me.
    Paging Inkwell, Inkwell please see the white courtesy pony.

FFRP: Finding Berry Ann (What does FFRP stand for? Free Forum RP?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Beeskee: Beeskee smiles at the sight of a group of ponies already forming. "I have a cart with more supplies on the way. It's just hard for me to get good traction like this." He demonstrates, pushing forward as if to give a tug on an imaginary cart, but the motion sends him floating up into the air for a few seconds instead. The earth pony does an epic leg wiggle while waiting for his hooves to touch the ground again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh! My, but you're... buoyant. Are your saddlebags full of balloons? She looks out past the pier and waves a hoof. I think that might be the ship we're supposed to be taking, but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    is this why i havent been able to view EQD for the past 6 hours?
    It's been working for me. Maybe try clearing your browser cache?
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

Random images, Lyra edition:
    Spoiler
    Show

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #819
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

FFRP: Finding Berry Ann/Spontaneous RP:
    I've got the Ship, provided my own even.
    Beeskee: "Thank you for providing the ship for the mission." The rest of what Shadowy says goes over his head. He never even considered how valuable an accountant might be on this trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Paging Inkwell, Inkwell please see the white courtesy pony.

Oh! My, but you're... buoyant. Are your saddlebags full of balloons? She looks out past the pier and waves a hoof. I think that might be the ship we're supposed to be taking, but I'm not sure.
    Beeskee: The earth pony nods to Topaz, "Yes, I have a few bags of them, for emergencies. It's mainly these balloons causing it though." He looks back at the colorful array of inflated balloons tied to himself. They are carefully tied to his midsection via the saddlebag, which is fastened with double straps to hold it securely to the pony.

His ears perk up at the mention of the ship having arrived, and he takes a deliberate bounce, sending himself up a few feet and hanging there in midair, peering around to try and spot it in the thirty seconds before he descends.

(Supply run post)

(Edit: ICly, he figures she probably couldn't see them from the angle she was at, if she was just approaching.)

Blank pony
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-07 at 09:07 PM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Banned

Yes. No. xD
    That doesn't ma--OOOOOH
    clever devil, you are.

Do you not want to view blueblood sympathetically?
    Which reminds me. Need to go check that space in Raz's post.

Ick. Use magic to skip to the skeleton stage.
    well...

The thing is, that was technically impossible. Lichdom very specifically forced you into a half-rotten state, or something similar, as a consequence of having such a tenuous soul connection. According to all literature on the subject at the time; this is back when rather than being able to cast regenerate and then flay yourself to remove scars, you'd have to use a temporary and gruesome necromantic spell to graft new flesh for yourself.

The benefits of Lichdom (immortality, broad immunities, some undead powers - I'm told now that old liches didn't use up their spells when they cast them, but I've never read anything official on it) can come from so many other sources, and I didn't have any of the associated weaknesses. I value my flesh too much, in the end. Shooting towards modified outsider was my best bet in the end.

Reproductive Romances
    Matesprit: Red Romance. Equivalent to human love.
    Kismesis: Black Romance. PURE UNADULTERATED HATELOVE.
    'Platonic' Romances
    Moirail: The Pale Quadrant. Similar to a soulmate, but platonic.
    Auspistice: The Ashen Quadrant. An Auspistice negotiates between two people who hate each other to stop them devolving into kismesissitude. Without Auspistices, there would be widespread black infidelity.
    Ah, so I did have the right one in mind.
    I kind of don't see how being a third party arbiter would upset you, so I guess I do need more research. Fine. I'll try and go through your MSPA...

OK folks...i need a fact check on pony Canon.....

Has Fluttershy ever addressed Twilight as "Twi"?
    i am pretty sure Dash and AJ have but has Fluttershy ever been so informal?
    Nope. She's always um, Twilight. I suspect um, is a term of respect or endearment, like sir or the Japanese suffixes.

awww, she is fun in small doses...especially since even DisQorded the worst she could manage was what?
    play "Keep Away" with the book and trample Twilights flowers?

but normal Fluttershy is much better.
    She also slammed a bucket on Twilight's head and whipped her in the face, jabbed Pinkie's emotional wounds and really, what really hurts about it is Fluttershy would probably rather just forget it, but it'a going to be immortalized in art. Eveypony is going to be all "hey Fluttershy, remember that time you turned into Gilda? That was hilarious!"

I am exaggerating though. Personally, cruelershy got old after her first scene for me. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    So, um, tangent story time!

Back in third or fourth grade, I remember having one of my teachers demonstrate that triangles were used to reflect "graceful womanly" bodies, while squares and circles were more representative of "solid man" bodies and gave us an art assignment to draw one of each kind of body. *I didn't really understand why at the time, and really, it just felt like a forced explanation to me because you can make a square out of two triangles. *So, uh, yeah, I ended up drawing a football player and a cheerleader, and basically lost points on that for using angles on the legs of the football player, and circles for the pom-poms.

So anyway, here I am today, with a BA in Art Theory, and to be frank, that whole concept of masculine versus feminine shapes never appeared in any of my upper classes!

I mean, outside of what was needed for class, I can understand how, for example, your typical cartoon/comic/caricature of a girl uses two triangles a la an hourglass shape (Jane and Judy Jetson came to mind immediately), but I still also can't help but go out of my way to see triangles in manly men, too!

Er.

I mean.

PONIES.
    It's not just an art thing, though. S curves are feminine, but so are waspish figures. It comes about from all sorts of stuff, so I can't pin anything down for citation.

Spoiler
    Show

The heads are approximately the same size, but the bottom one looks smaller. I don't have the fine motor control to generate 'feminine' exactly, but it illustrates a point. Big eyes indicate feminine innocence, not feminine violence. The eyes should be more pronouncedly slanted but I fail at low-res finger painting.

These two are built on the same chassis, and would have approximately the same mass. The second one looks more feminine because the triangular forms create a sense of tapering, leading to "delicate joints" and "elfin features" so commonly associated by most folks as feminine. *Using the same size, but implied thinness, you can make something look petit when it's not.

It's not entirely art, it's obfuscation. If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's how to fake completion so I can skive off earlier than necessary. Faux depth in poetry, getting stuff across without really doing it, that sort of thing. Unlike Mask, I decided that I was somewhat morally opposed to it so I stopped.

I prefer this one.

One of the color sites I used when designing Topaz gives Slate Blue as #737CA1 and the complimentary color as #a19772. Redone in those colors bottom pony comes out like this:
    Spoiler
    Show

This. This is perfect. Cut, print, I want forty on every shelf for miles.
    also, I want this color site of yours.

[RP]Blue Ponies Yay!

Ah. I should visit Fillydelphia; my sister Green Eyes lives near there and says it's nice.

It's funny, but when I was younger I wasn't very social. Then I finally realized that what I liked to do was help other ponies, and the more ponies, the more that need help, right? So I kind of went from being a suburban pony to an urban one.

I came up with Pear Blossom and Jewel, close but not quite the same as Diego Havoc's idea.

Angry Birds?

A gathering of Ponies appeared above my head
    They sang to me this song of hope and this is what they said
    They said, "Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I can totally try!

I break the laws of physics just by existing, I'm not going to be admit defeat to perception laws without at least a spirited attempt to break 'em!
    Let's see.

AOTRS v/ Human Stupidity

AOTRS + Anything you could come up with < Human Stupidity

I'm sorry Bleakbane, but it's math. Math doesn't lie; you'll have to just wipe out the species at the appropriate time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Well, I got you to say High Caliber Boobies, so that's good enough for me.

Though I thought they were laser guns, do lasers actually have calibers?
    Dunno. They could, if only to reference barrel similarities, but then you have other issues of relying on it for power estimates.

And well played.

Yeah, but have you ever actually TRIED making beer bacon flavored? I mean, you wouldn't expect beer and fish to be a good mix, but beer battered fish and chips are amazing.
    beer battered stuff tastes more like slightly beer-y grease than it does the actual stuff

But no, I have not tried it. My dislike of beer is high enough that it doesn't sound anywhere close to appealing, AND I don't want to bread my bacon. Perhaps, at this hypothetical meet-up when I win the lottery...

Were the sad ponies even being aimed at you?

I honestly can't remember.
    Don't think so, I was just advising on their usefulness.

Well, with me it's made 85452284572^283482 times worse when there isn't another post for ten minutes after mine... I've been the last to post in more than a few threads, which made me view myself as a thread killer.
    Yeah, that's never fun

Quote Originally Posted by Roninhirox View Post
    Oh just to let all you ponies know for the next like two weeks I am going to be hyper busy and prolly not posting or even just lurking anywhere near as much as I have been. *I start a new job (yay) and have midterms and class projects due (boo) and get to go to NY Comic Con (yay) but its all going to deplete my free time in a way that I am not entirely used to. So do not be alarmed if my 1 to 2 posts a day decreases to 1 post every few days or even just once a week I am still here in spirit or at least cause i forgot to close my browser. *You may now return to your irregularly scheduled posts.
    Ok, I'll wait up for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Right, I've got to shut the iron idiot down before I go meditate, so I'll be offline for a while...I'm hoping, all being well, I'll be able to get back on tomorrow afternoon evening (maybe, it'll be a right kicked if I have to spend all weekend off the computer, since pretty much all my stuff is computer based nowadays - an I can't get to my PS2 either...!) but if I'm ominously quiet for a bit, that'll be the reason.

Either that or I'll have planned some horrible scheme of terrible revenge that will come to fruition when you least expect it!*

Muahahaha!

No, it's the first one.
    Hm. Careful mates, I think he's planning something.*

(What does FFRP stand for? Free Forum RP?)
    Free form. As opposed to rules-based like most pen and paper games. You could declare yourself a half demon cracking allicorn and all we could do would be to try and lop off the parts that offended us

Of course, free form usually has quite strict gentlecolt's agreements, so everypony can enjoy themselves.

In more seriousness, I add tags because, let's face it, looking at a quoted spoiler with a spoiler in response is... Frustrating. I am guilty of it often enough, but having a bit of a headline helps break up the monotony, and helps ponies like Soft Serve and others avoid things they don't want to see.

And more importantly, it let's someone not miss fun stuff! Before we started labeling spoilers, we had folks skip the thread entirely rather than dance around spoiler boxes.

is this why i havent been able to view EQD for the past 6 hours?
    Yep.

Personally, I'm ok with whatever sort of relaxation Phoe happens to find. It's rare for the poor filly.

-

Spoiler
    Show
    Beeskee: Beeskee smiles at the sight of a group of ponies already forming. "I have a cart with more supplies on the way. It's just hard for me to get good traction like this." He demonstrates, pushing forward as if to give a tug on an imaginary cart, but the motion sends him floating up into the air for a few seconds instead. The earth pony does an epic leg wiggle while waiting for his hooves to touch the ground again.
    I... See. Starry ***** an eyebrow at the epic hoof wiggle, then laughs. Come aboard, come aboard. You remind me of a wee filly aquaintance of mine. Adorable thing, always ballooning about...

Anyway, I'll see if we can't get somepony to help with that cart, once I find a boat.

EDIT: you're kidding me. This is a forum that discusses guns on a relatively regular basis. I can load a pistol, aim a pistol, take off the safety, but I can't **** a pistol except in the past tense? Can I even use the past tense?

"he cocked his hat".

11. - Top - End - #821

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    She also slammed a bucket on Twilight's head and whipped her in the face, jabbed Pinkie's emotional wounds and really, what really hurts about it is Fluttershy would probably rather just forget it, but it'a going to be immortalized in art. Eveypony is going to be all "hey Fluttershy, remember that time you turned into Gilda? That was hilarious!"

I am exaggerating though. Personally, cruelershy got old after her first scene for me. That's all.
    Maybe it got old, but I can't begrudge the scene that gave us this
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Your special talent is lightning resistance?" Charger asked. Well, that'd be convenient if nothing else. Awfully specific, though.

Clockwork RP
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, it's not just lightning, works on magic too! (Which can be rather inconvenient if you're a unicorn like me, let me tell you)" Igneous replied. "Thankfully it's rather easy to start and stop, it might be easier if I demonstrated rather than trying to explain it."

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post

RP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hands? Oh, well they're...like hooves, I think...Dad came up with the name though, and he was always a little crazy."

Seeing the machine give Charger a jolt, Sek was about to offer assistance, when Iggy stepped forward to volunteer. Well, who am I to get in the way of somepony's special talent?

Finished with repairs, the clockwork pony stood up experimentally, stretching his legs, and the pair of wings bolted to his back. "Alright! To Canterlot we go then!"

Spoiler
    Show
    "Very well then!" Igneous responded, still seemingly oblivious to the fact that the mechanical nature of his new companion. "To Canterlot!"

"Uh, just as soon as we decide what to do with this giant ... zappy ... thing?"

This just in! Coup d'état at Equestria Daily!
    Spoiler
    Show

More on this story as it develops...
    Quick! To the coup-mobile!!

*Hops into pony-shaped tank with "Lunar Republic 4 Eva" on the side and roars off in a cloud of dust*
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-07 at 09:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT: you're kidding me. This is a forum that discusses guns on a relatively regular basis. I can load a pistol, aim a pistol, take off the safety, but I can't **** a pistol except in the past tense? Can I even use the past tense?

"he cocked his hat".
    And don't even think about reciting a certain classic Scottish poem here.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

14. - Top - End - #824

I can't believe I didn't see this before. I've been trying to think of an appropriate element for myself, cycling through Stabbity, Treachery, SCIENCE!, Questionable Advice, and others. But after reviewing my last several posts I think my true calling is posting amusing links in this thread.

Therefore I hereby lay claim to the Element of YouTube
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Maybe it got old, but I can't begrudge the scene that gave us this
    Man, it took me so long to place this. You thing after listening to it for an hour straight I'd remember it.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ettin in the Playground

Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

17. - Top - End - #827
    Troll in the Playground

Because you usually played an evil character, so those encounters usually ended with fire and tree sap?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

18. - Top - End - #828

19. - Top - End - #829
    Colossus in the Playground

RP:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hands? Oh, well they're...like hooves, I think...Dad came up with the name though, and he was always a little crazy."

Seeing the machine give Charger a jolt, Sek was about to offer assistance, when Iggy stepped forward to volunteer. Well, who am I to get in the way of somepony's special talent?

Finished with repairs, the clockwork pony stood up experimentally, stretching his legs, and the pair of wings bolted to his back. "Alright! To Canterlot we go then!"
    Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, it's not just lightning, works on magic too! (Which can be rather inconvenient if you're a unicorn like me, let me tell you)" Igneous replied. "Thankfully it's rather easy to start and stop, it might be easier if I demonstrated rather than trying to explain it, but we'd need another unicorn for that."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, if it is a matter of efficiency rather than politeness..." Charger said, reaching behind her her to bite loose the clasp that held the pile of junk onto her back. With an unceremonious buck, she tossed the entire thing up into the air, and it hit the ground with a crash like an earthquake hitting a blacksmith's shop. Loose screws and bolts rolled away from the pile of junk.

"If it is not too forward of me," Charger said to Second Hand as she started walking, "What business does a - do you have in Canterlot?"
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-10-07 at 10:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Free form. As opposed to rules-based like most pen and paper games. You could declare yourself a half demon cracking allicorn and all we could do would be to try and lop off the parts that offended us

Of course, free form usually has quite strict gentlecolt's agreements, so everypony can enjoy themselves.

I... See. Starry RAISES an eyebrow at the epic hoof wiggle, then laughs. Come aboard, come aboard. You remind me of a wee filly acquaintance of mine. Adorable thing, always ballooning about...

Anyway, I'll see if we can't get somepony to help with that cart, once I find a boat.
    Eep! Hopefully you won't feel the need to cut anything off of Beeskee. He's just a simple earth pony. The balloons were made by unicorn magic so they'll last longer than a few days, but blame the shopkeepers for that! I've apparently had bad luck with characters recently, since I doubt my poor chubby chefpony survived the PonyFort massacre. *sniffle*

Beeskee: The pony grins playfully and nods, following along behind Starry with almost-gravity-defying bounces, enjoying the feeling of being light on his hooves. He double-checks his supplies, since he's carrying a small sampling of everything being brought. "The cart is waiting at the shop, but I imagine somepony from there would be willing to drop it off if we don't have anypony available to fetch it. Or I could bring it, once I stow these balloons."

I don't like word filters on RP forums since they tend to do just that.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-07 at 10:45 PM. Reason: for ponies!
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Barbarian in the Playground

0_0* Awesome...

Full Scale Photo of My Avatar!

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the super ponybeat! It's even better then Luna (Dream mode)...

C'mon guys, am I the only one obsessing over it? Your the pony thread! You type in fancy colors and roleplay losing your fingers! I mean, that doesn't necessarily imply anything about obsessing over a song, but still!

EDIT: HOLY CRAP I'M A DWAAAAAAAARF

WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Spoiler
    Show
    Is, uh, is there a list of all the ranks? I kind of want to know what they are...
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-10-07 at 10:16 PM.

23. - Top - End - #833

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    I'm suprised no one has mentioned the super ponybeat! It's even better then Luna (Dream mode)...

C'mon guys, am I the only one obsessing over it? Your the pony thread! You type in fancy colors and roleplay losing your fingers! I mean, that doesn't necessarily imply anything about obsessing over a song, but still!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Spoiler
    Show
    Is, uh, is there a list of all the ranks? I kind of want to know what they are...
    Hey! You a dwarf? Are you digging a hole, as well?

Which super pony beat? If it's the one about Discord Posted a little earlier, I've been listening to it all day.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Hey! You a dwarf? Are you digging a hole, as well?

Which super pony beat? If it's the one about Discord Posted a little earlier, I've been listening to it all day.
    Yeah! That's the one! Er, and no, I'm not digging any holes...

25. - Top - End - #835

Guys! Look!
    (spoiler for HUGE.... I think. Hard to tell on this phone >>)
    Spoiler
    Show

It's a pony! And it's mine no its mine Hey back off make me! I will punch you Try it filly *scuffles*

And it's all ours ^^
    Also, right past her nose you can see the wound that used to be my wart! :D
    This is the best version of a show accurate pony I have ever seen! And it's so well made!!
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

26. - Top - End - #836
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I mentioned a few pages back...

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    So, um, I don't know if any of you guys listen to Super Ponybeat, but I made a quartet of covers for it, sent it to Eurobeat Brony, and lo and behold all four of them showed up on his latest songvideo. I am inordinately pleased.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

27. - Top - End - #837

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    I can't believe I didn't see this before. I've been trying to think of an appropriate element for myself, cycling through Stabbity, Treachery, SCIENCE!, Questionable Advice, and others. But after reviewing my last several posts I think my true calling is posting amusing links in this thread.

Therefore I hereby lay claim to the Element of YouTube
    My old college roommate? Is that you? =0

*Capt. Ido has descended into a cold medicine fueled delirium and will be going to bed now*

28. - Top - End - #838

WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Spoiler
    Show
    Penguin mentioned it last night... Which is good because it's awesome, but bad because it was stuck in my head all day today.

For anyone NOT familiar with Eurobeat Brony, his original album is here

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    My old college roommate? Is that you? =0

*Capt. Ido has descended into a cold medicine fueled delirium and will be going to bed now*
    Not unless your name is Julian or Greg, and you went to a small college in Northfield, MN
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-10-07 at 10:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Clockwork RP
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, it's not just lightning, works on magic too! (Which can be rather inconvenient if you're a unicorn like me, let me tell you)" Igneous replied. "Thankfully it's rather easy to start and stop, it might be easier if I demonstrated rather than trying to explain it."

Spoiler
    Show
    "Very well then!" Igneous responded, still seemingly oblivious to the fact that the mechanical nature of his new companion. "To Canterlot!"

"Uh, just as soon as we decide what to do with this giant ... zappy ... thing?"
    RP:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, if it is a matter of efficiency rather than politeness..." Charger said, reaching behind her her to bite loose the clasp that held the pile of junk onto her back. With an unceremonious buck, she tossed the entire thing up into the air, and it hit the ground with a crash like an earthquake hitting a blacksmith's shop. Loose screws and bolts rolled away from the pile of junk.

"If it is not too forward of me," Charger said to Second Hand as she started walking, "What business does a - do you have in Canterlot?"
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The metallic pegasus cocked his head for a moment, as if thinking, idly rearranging his wings as he walked. "Well, I'm looking for a mechanic who lives there, an old friend of my Dad's. I'm hoping he can help me figure out..." Second Hand hesitated, "...uh, figure out some things..."

Yeah, like why you're such a screwy robot. The thought struck him with the force of a blow, and his eyes snapped back to the ground just in front of his hooves.

WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Spoiler
    Show
    I think one of the posts about Forum rules and policies has a list; something Rich posted. I think the progression (as far as I've gotten) is Pixie -> Halfling -> Dwarf -> Orc -> Bugbear

EDIT: Oops, left out Barbarian! Also some of the higher levels are Ettin, Troll, Firebolg, and Titan.

EDIT EDIT: And to keep things mildly pony-related - pony tabletop games - what's the D&D/M&M/Exalted/CoC/etc. equivalent(s) in Equestria?
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-10-07 at 10:39 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #840
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Actually, soft curves are more effeminate than angles. I'd only characterize angles as feminine if they were used to form other, more feminine shapes. There is a stylistic balance between curves and angles that yields maximum femininity, though.
    True. What I meant was "if curves are out, then you will have to rely on acute angles". Right angles tend to be masculine in their rectangularity, when making building blocks for robots.

All right, I'm prepared to call that 'enough' ships.
    I'm inclined to agree. This Masked being in a trench coat taught me everything I know about shipping.

You get your hooves off those credentials right now. I don't care who sent you to repossess them. I've got a pie, mate. I'll use it.

Which is why Rainbow Dash ships with everything. I mean, AppleDash, FlutterDash, RariDash, RockyDash, it just all sounds good.
    Eyup! It's just as legitimate as numerology and astrology. I totally buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post

Also, I remembered I was going to reply to SiuiS about beers! (Spoilered for non-pony):

Spoiler
    Show

Belgian beers (in particular abbey ales and lambics) are typically slightly sweet or lightly fruity. In terms of color, they tend to run from pale gold through amber and on toward brown; they also tend to have a high ABV for beers, but they’re made to be savored rather than chugged anyway.

Another option you might try is porters (or stouts). Most have flavors of coffee or toffee, and they tend to be milder and have less bitterness than lighter or hoppier beers; incidentally some of my favorite beers are porters and stouts, and many smaller breweries have excellent recipes for this family of beer.

If you’re looking for a company to try, give New Holland a shot. They’re small enough to have some good recipes without sacrificing flavor for mass production, but they’re large enough that you should be able to find some of their product most places in the US if you look hard enough.
    I see. I've tried some of what you're talking about, but the coffee/toffee 'notes' always end up as just a different flavor of blegh. I've had a, what was it, Belgian white pale ale (?) that was almost palatable, in the sense that I could nurse it rather than throw it out. I'm a horrid wuss when it comes to beer though and I don't know why.

I'll see if some of the good ones are available locally. Thanks for the tip; I always feel so plebeian, being all "Ew beer lol".

-

Ok, so this is what I have so far. I had something come up and lost some of Shadowy's stuff, so if I'm missing anything, somepony gather it up for me sil vous plait? Thanks mates, that was the one I was missing.

FINDING BERRY ANN ARCHIVE

Spoiler
    Show
    A green-garbed cream pony, mane of dark viridian, walks simultaneously into Bridle Shores, Ponyville, Ponythread and Pony noir. Finding a tavern, in, bar, public bulletin board, or pole of appropriate stoutness, this pony unrolls a suitably tattered, cartoon scroll, and hammers it onto the wall before fleeing (to avoid hassles about noise pollution and property damage).

Wall Scroll
    Spoiler
    Show
    ATTENTION EVERYPONY

Mysterious Wizard, Oneiric Captain & Archivist Extraordinaire
    STARRY NOTIONS

Seeks a crew of ponies or other to sail the sea of dreams to find HRM Dream Submarines, to follow and interrogate in interests of rescuing a princess from fate most cruel

Applicants are expected to help sail the ship, stave off attack, avoid mutiny and keep ship in good repair.

BENEFITS include an equal share of treasure, food, lodging and board games on Wednesdays. Travel expenses as required, funerary expenses, dramatic monologues, resurrections or off-screen time for healing as appropriate to genre of applicant.

Applicants please see the attendant outside the dock you will mysteriously find yourself next to after setting out.

Bring your own hooch.

Beeskee: Beeskee nods, and trots off toward the shops. He returns shortly afterward, wearing two large saddlebags that look to be stuffed full of supplies. He also has what looks like a hundred balloons tied to himself, and with each step he floats for several seconds before coming back down to the ground. "All set!"
    On the trot back, Starry grins fondly at the sight of the hopping pony.

Dreamscape? Do you need a navigator?.
    Why, certainly! That was fast. Hm.
    You're hired, provided you can stand here waiting for a ship to show up at this dock we are mysteriously standing next to, and screen the other applicants.

Don't I know you? Oh well time is a funny thing, really.

Beeskee: "I would say yes, but I don't even know what that is." He sorts through his bags, double-checking over the supplies.
    Ah, good to see we already have a crew going. Hm. Where is that Shadowy with the ship? If he spent all of those bits on a kerosene lantern and some Fluttershy autographs again...

*~*~*
    MEANWHILE
    ~*~*~

Well, now I'm glad that you took my corporal form again. *Forgot this! *I'm coming on the airship trip! **Activates hidden rockets in the bunker* *Ah-ha! *It can now FLY! *....She's still on-board. *I can work something out! *Activates maximum security mode* *Think about it! *Not even the lich can beat her, and his stuff makes even your best look like rocks! *You're not safe either! *I don't have a physical form anymore! *Do you think that would stop her? *.......

Run!
    We could try and negotiate by Rescuing, and offering Berry-Ann. *Make it quick! *Let's get to wherever the heck that wizard pony is!
    I've got the Ship, provided my own even, I've just encountered a slight.....problem. *Which is why I had the spend all of the bits, on the one thing that might prove useful against the current intruder!

*Activates emergency teleporter*
    Shipping god! *Come and get me if you dare! *For I know your weakness! *I've have a room of your kryptonite!

Celibate. Charter. Accountants.

That's a bit harsh, even for you. *I have a quest to partake!

~*~*~
    AT THE DOCKS
    *~*~*

Beeskee: "Thank you for providing the ship for the mission." The rest of what Shadowy says goes over his head. He never even considered how valuable an accountant might be on this trip!

Beeskee: The earth pony nods to Topaz, "Yes, I have a few bags of them, for emergencies. It's mainly these balloons causing it though." He looks back at the colorful array of inflated balloons tied to himself. They are carefully tied to his midsection via the saddlebag, which is fastened with double straps to hold it securely to the pony.

His ears perk up at the mention of the ship having arrived, and he takes a deliberate bounce, sending himself up a few feet and hanging there in midair, peering around to try and spot it in the thirty seconds before he descends.

(Supply run post)

(Edit: ICly, he figures she probably couldn't see them from the angle she was at, if she was just approaching.)
    I... See. Starry raises an eyebrow at the epic hoof wiggle, then laughs. Come aboard, come aboard. You remind me of a wee filly aquaintance of mine. Adorable thing, always ballooning about...

Beeskee: The pony grins playfully and nods, following along behind Starry with almost-gravity-defying bounces, enjoying the feeling of being light on his hooves. He double-checks his supplies, since he's carrying a small sampling of everything being brought. "The cart is waiting at the shop, but I imagine somepony from there would be willing to drop it off if we don't have anypony available to fetch it. Or I could bring it, once I stow these balloons."

Oh! I can fetch the cart, if you tell me where to pick it up. I'm good for that sort of thing. Um, if that really is our ship. But I see Starry, so I guess it is. And I can explain about the Dreamscape when I get back.

Beeskee: "It should be parked next to the general store. They know that someone else other than me might be the one to pick it up, so there shouldn't be any problems."

So, we are going, based on a joke and a rumor, to sail a Rocket powered bunker of all things, into mindspace, to find a Scoltish submareine, chase it down, and use it to somehow find a trapped princess?

I am surprised nopony else is getting in on this.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-10-08 at 02:21 AM.