New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Oh wow, someone else remembers Bob and George! Yay!

Though truthfully I stopped reading midway through. I think it was the 5th game re-enactment or so. Still, I have good memories of it.
    Well, you only have one more game to go before it gets into the ending arcs and the website is still working...

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    And... What would following a fae creature through magic terrain while cursed do to an Exalt? You'd act as a singularity; meeting yourself is still impossible. Your timeline just gets curly.
    In Exalted? You've either got your shaping defenses up and/or are turning it into normal Creation, or you make a new character, because yours just turned into a pot of petunias.

With how I imagine it working in this instance? The universe gets a Divide by 0 error.

Now, if you actually try to time travel in Exalted? Either it doesn't work, or your thread in the Loom breaks and you die/suffer sudden existence failure.
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-10-08 at 11:14 AM.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Troll in the Playground

I'll see if some of the good ones are available locally. Thanks for the tip; I always feel so plebeian, being all "Ew beer lol".
    One final tip: try finding a brand you can at least tolerate, and have a bottle every day or two for a week. Then try a different style; with luck, your taste buds, accustomed to the old flavors, will experience the new ones more strongly and the subtler 'notes' will stand out and you'll realize "Holy crap! Beer has taste!" - at least, that's what happened to me...

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    The Remote:*TV stuff*

A Gift I Got:

So, much like how Phoe got that cute little Lyra figurine from an author she's helped, I came home today to a gift from an author (Sunset Rose, she wrote that side-story to Shades) I helped inspire to write. In my case, though, it was a piece of commissioned art, and oh my, is it amazing:

Spoiler
    Show

http://bamboodog.deviantart.com/art/...Dawn-262227876
    Glad to hear you had such a good time! And that art is definitely cool! Sounds like it was an awesome day.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    ...Wow, I legitimately typed class, not work. I need to get into the non-college mentality.

Now I'm depressed. I wanna be a college student again.
    ...tell me about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I shall not pry," said Charger to Second Hand, getting the feeling that he didn't want to talk about it. "For my part, I am simply returning home." She wanted to pry, actually, quite badly, but there was no polite way to do so.

"Yes, let us be on our way," she said to Ingenuous. "I apologise again for the device, but you seem to have it in hoof."
    Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Clockwork RP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Igneous saluted, a feat made only slightly difficult by the load he now carried, and fell in behind Charger.

Unfortunately, Igneous lacked the mare's tact and began to shoot not-so-subtle glances at their clockwork companion. It wasn't long before Igneous' self restraint gave way to his curiosity and he asked the question that had been niggling in the back of his mind for some time.

"Umm ... Sek? Can I ask you a question?"

The clockwork pony nodded.

"Well, I think I noticed something when I first got here, but it didn't really occur to me until now to bring it up."

Charger's ears perked, as Igneous paused for a moment to marshal his thoughts.

"I guess in hindsight it was rather obvious, so I don't rightly know why I didn't bring it up sooner. I also understand if you don't want to answer me right away, but given that we'll be travelling together I just had to know ... is there a reason you're not wearing a hat?"

Momentum achieved, the rest of his words spilled out in a verbal avalanche.

"I mean, no offence to the Princess of course, but that sun has been glaring in my eyes for the last while. I can't rightly get my helmet to give me any shade, but you're not even trying! I even packed a nifty cap I found before I remembered that I'm not allowed to take off the ole headwear while on duty."

He reached into his saddlebag, avoiding another arc of electricity, before retreiving a kahki legionneighers' cap. Holding the hat in his teeth, he offered it to his travelling companion.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charger was rapidly revising and re-revising her estimates downwards. But, blessedly, there was a chance to get a real question in edgeways. "I... yes. Forgive me for not offering a hat of my own, though my father makes them, I could provide one such once I am home -" She was aware just how tangential this was getting, but could hardly seem to stop herself. "- But," she said, pulling herself back on topic, "I confess I have never seen a metal pony before and do not know the appropriate etiquette."

Charger wasn't much better at communication than Igneous, when her roundabout way of speech got to her..

And r.e. ponythread:

how cooooould yooouu
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    For a moment, Sek was caught off-balance by the offered hat. He had been expecting a much different sort of question, the sort that Charger seemed to be hinting at. After a moment, the clockwork pony recovered, and gratefully donned the hat, before addressing his traveling companions.

"You know, you two have been really good about avoiding the obvious question here; most ponies tend to blurt it out as soon as they see me. Talking about it doesn't really bother me though, it just makes me feel...odd sometimes." The pegasus took a deep breath, or would have, if he'd needed to breathe.

"Like you can probably tell, I'm not a 'normal' pony; I'm mechanical, made out of bits of clockwork and scrap metal. The weird thing is, that instead of only doing one thing, like a sewing machine, or an oven, I can walk and talk and make my own decisions. I don't really know why, and neither did Dad; in fact, he confessed to me once that my original purpose was something along the lines of a wind-up toy..." The pony's irises contracted with a whirr, and for a moment he seemed almost wistful. "I'm headed to Canterlot to find this mechanic and see if he can figure out what's going on with me."

Sounds amazing! Please keep us posted, I'd love to see how this turns out!

Oh wow, someone else remembers Bob and George! Yay!

Though truthfully I stopped reading midway through. I think it was the 5th game re-enactment or so. Still, I have good memories of it.

EDIT: Cool Octavia pic:

Spoiler
    Show
    I have to agree, that is a neat picture, though I wonder why they chose Octavia to go with the alicorn background?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Heh

It lacks most of the characteristics of a true fractal. But it does look a bit like one. It was coded in Python using Pygraph and Graphviz. Not really all that complicated, although it took a while to compute. The 99 images were inserted manually, though.
    Clearly the only solution is to make a shipping fractal!

...It's ponies, all the way down!

Also, I have the strangest urge now to say something along the lines of: "I got 99 images, but a pony ain't one". I am a terrible person Inquisitor droid pony. I am a terrible.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

3. - Top - End - #903
    Bugbear in the Playground

RP: Blue Ponies Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Oh, we're kinda opposites in this because I prefer to live in small towns. It gives me a bit more freedom with weather formations than the cities do, plus I always enjoy being near forests, probably because of those years I spent in Colt Scouts.
    Oh, you were a Colt Scout? That's sounds like fun. I was never a Filly Scout, which I guess is just as well because I would probably have been terrible at selling cookies. I was in school chorus instead, I'm not really that good at singing but I do love it. She stretches and looks around. Huh, we seem to be the only ones left at the Blue Pony Meetup. Ah, do you want to go get some dinner or something?

FFRP: Finding Berry Ann
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Beeskee: "It should be parked next to the general store. They know that someone else other than me might be the one to pick it up, so there shouldn't be any problems."
    y'know, maybe you should go with Topaz, my balloony friend.

Starry sighs and looks over her shoulder at the... Ship. I suspect that once the door opens, there may be some sort of backflash, or... Really, I just want innocent ponies out of the metaphorical blast radius.
    Beeskee: The pony nods as he thinks about it, realizing it may have inadvertently sounded like he was volunteering Topaz to haul a heavy cart. "Y-yeah, that's a good idea." He manages to loosen the straps on his pack, and slips it off himself, urgently grabbing hold of a strap with his mouth before it floats away. A few moments later and he has it tied to a nearby tree, the balloons bobbing merrily in the breeze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy View Post
    *A quick crackling of static is heard, then a voice cuts in over it.*
    Is this thing on? Good. If you can hear me, I'm currently trapped in the chartered accountancy department. There may or may not be vengeful gods aboard, so please take caution! I've managed to create a control panel out of clip-boards and paper-clips, so I can open up the doors, and give you a safe route inside!

And for the love of Celestia, Don't touch anything! I'm not entirely sure what rules of physics this bunker is running on, but it does not like the pony skeleton. Good luck!

*With that, the blast doors open, and a blinding light is coming from the hallway beyond.*

You're probably the worst host ever, you know that?
    I'm kinda of busy here!
    Topaz' eyes widen. Ah. Right. Cart! Supplies! Come on, Beeskee, we'll get the cart!

Topaz' horn lights up as a circular platform appears. Beeskee also glows for a moment while being levitated onto the platform, as Topaz hops up as well, Once she does, a dome forms over the platform and it starts to fly away from the pier and towards the general store. It's no problem at all, Beeskee. I move cargo all the time, I'm used to it.
    Last edited by Topaz; 2011-10-08 at 11:42 AM. Reason: typo!
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

4. - Top - End - #904

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Also, I have the strangest urge now to say something along the lines of: "I got 99 images, but a pony ain't one". I am a terrible person Inquisitor droid pony. I am a terrible.
    Well considering how many F/F ships we have...

"I got 99 ponies but a colt ain't one?"
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Mask: *Noms*

"If it was up to me, I'd hold a grudge. But Mr. Biscuit here is being all chocolate-ey and forgiviness-ey, so I suppose you're off the hook."

Spoiler
    Show
    OMG SO CUUUTE

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    I was stealing schticks before it was cool.
    Stealing shticks is too mainstream. I invent my own

I have to agree, that is a neat picture, though I wonder why they chose Octavia to go with the alicorn background?
    Because she is inexplicable beautiful.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm waiting for some hipster to admit to liking X before it was cool before it was cool.

Added hipster depth.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I'm waiting for some hipster to admit to liking X before it was cool before it was cool.

Added hipster depth.
    Hipception?

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

8. - Top - End - #908

Added hipster depth.
    Pffft please Cerby, I liked admitting to liking things before they were cool before it was cool BEFORE it was cool
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Well, if that happens, then I've got no reason to not get a protege, like Scootaloo.

Don't worry about that. I just did what made sense and focused on boosting Inspire Courage. I also refuse to completely lose the Pinkie personality until I get an excuse to sing "Giggle at the Ghosties!"

Although, I am thinking of using my sixth level feat to get Acquire Familiar for a toothless alligator Familiar.

On a more serious note, I actually had to go back earlier in the thread to find the pixellated version because nearly all of the ponymotes come up as the small version automatically for me.

1) Find Luna in a box
    2) STEAL THE HAY OUT OF IT HER!
    3) Wait... we're not doing this anymore, are we?

Edit: Oh gosh! It sounded like I was planning to steal the box instead of Luna! Correcting that now!
    HNNGGHHH! Urge. To. Pull. Lever. Rising.

*pulls lever*

Release the magma! Muahahahaha!

Clearly, you've gone insane. Again. Moreso than usual. Quite a remarkable feat.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

Don't know if this has been linked before, but I just took the How much of a brony are you? test. I got a nice 84% (418/500) "Mega-brony".

Clearly the only solution is to make a shipping fractal!

...It's ponies, all the way down!

Oh I'd LOVE to make an actual shipping fractal. Only, I have no idea how

11. - Top - End - #911
    Troll in the Playground

Added hipster depth.
    How did the hipster burn his mouth?

Spoiler
    Show
    He ate his pizza before it was cool

Don't know if this has been linked before, but I just took the How much of a brony are you? test. I got a nice 84% (418/500) "Mega-brony".
    I did one of those (not sure if it's the same one). I got about 70%, which was better than expected really.

EDIT: New avatar! Woo!
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2011-10-08 at 12:48 PM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ettin in the Playground

I was half way through when the site went off line.
    *Insert rage here*
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-10-08 at 12:47 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

13. - Top - End - #913
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I was half way through when the site went off line.
    *Insert rage here*
    It did that for me too, it should remember your result, so just reload a little later
    Last edited by Deadly; 2011-10-08 at 12:47 PM.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Troll in the Playground

Oh I'd LOVE to make an actual shipping fractal. Only, I have no idea how
    Stand in between Midnight and Lix?

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #915

Everypony wish me luck! I'm off to catch a train to NYC to sleep there and take my CISSP certification exam tomorrow morning at 8:00. I'll check in by mobile but I doubt I'll be posting, as I'll be occupied by last minute cramming. Tomorrow I will either pass that test or DIE TRYING.
    Although I won't know which until 4 weeks from now. Actual deadness may vary.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ettin in the Playground

Out of curiosity does anyone know if there has been a FIM/ Sid Meier's Alpha Centuari crossover?
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Nice. I'd suggest going as DB Ox-King myself though. Or go with out a costume until the last day, then go as Bacterion.

I've been marathoning DB recently. Just finished The Roaming Lake.
    DBZ Ox-King is way easier also I already own slacks and suspenders and am a big guy, also i where glasses. Just needed the hat and the pink and yellow button up shirts. Also I can't do Bacterion based on my strict personal policy of being fully clothed in public at all time.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    How could anyone possibly have a problem with pink?
    Not sure, pink is fun!

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I did one of those (not sure if it's the same one). I got about 70%, which was better than expected really.

EDIT: New avatar! Woo!
    Dude.

Your avatar is AWESOME.

'Grats.

Guys! I still can't believe the Midnight Crew have never been ponified! I gotta add this to my signature or something...
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-10-08 at 01:07 PM.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Roninhirox View Post
    DBZ Ox-King is way easier also I already own slacks and suspenders and am a big guy, also i where glasses. Just needed the hat and the pink and yellow button up shirts. Also I can't do Bacterion based on my strict personal policy of being fully clothed in public at all time.
    Really? That's your only problem with dressing as Bacterion?

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #920
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Really? That's your only problem with dressing as Bacterion?
    *Thinks about it for a moment* Also I guess my hair isn't really suited for it Also he is horrible

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, that site is slow. And prone to crashing it seems.

I got 56%. Higher than I expected, given how many of the questions were about things I don't do, like writing fanfics, buying merchandise, and converting new bronies.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ettin in the Playground

Poor Twilight:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, I got a 70% on that test. Higher then I expected.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post

I got 56%. Higher than I expected, given how many of the questions were about things I don't do, like writing fanfics, buying merchandise, and converting new bronies.

Zevox
    Yeah, I think the slowness may be because it was just featured on EqD. Lots of new visits all at once.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Firbolg in the Playground

64% on the quiz. I think the gummy blog really shot it up though
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

I got a 66% on the Brony test but have to disagree on at least one question.

Applejack is clearly having trouble in Applebuck season because she's a silly pony. That answer should be worth triple points!

(To my shame some of the trivia I did not know though)

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Because it was featured on ED and therefore suffering a massive avalanche of Brony?

26. - Top - End - #926
    Pixie in the Playground

Esper Derek: Something just occurred to me. The arcane tome Princess Luna bestowed upon Trixie, leading to so many unpredicted consequences...was the title of it The Joy Of Hex by any chance?

*waits for ponies to start throwing stuff at me*
    I come and go where the wind blows me.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Orrrr... This could be construed as Sexual Harassment in the kingdom of Equestria.
    Aww. What if everyone has a funny saying though? That can only be revealed by poking their cutie marks?

I started clicking half a second after this loaded. Want. Waaaant.

Spoiler
    Show

FFRP: Finding Berry Ann

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Topaz' eyes widen. Ah. Right. Cart! Supplies! Come on, Beeskee, we'll get the cart!

Topaz' horn lights up as a circular platform appears. Beeskee also glows for a moment while being levitated onto the platform, as Topaz hops up as well, Once she does, a dome forms over the platform and it starts to fly away from the pier and towards the general store. It's no problem at all, Beeskee. I move cargo all the time, I'm used to it.
    Beeskee: He eeps as he suddenly feels like he's attached to the balloons once more, finding himself floating and letting out a quiet laugh as he realizes what is actually happening. "Woah! Oh hay, cool!" He settles onto the platform carefully, and admires Topaz' hoofwork on the seemingly solid surface and dome. "Very nice! Are you able to use this to move heavier things?" He closes his eyes for a moment and enjoys the sensation of flying.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Re: Other replies: I think I missed some responses, but now I can't find them. Sorry everypony.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    So, then, as you seem to have more of a clue than me, have you got any suggestions that I could try?
    Dude, if you're asking me for girl advice, you're totally asking the wrong guy!

First thing's first, even some of the greatest artists ever struggled drawing the ladyfolk. You'll be surprised at the amount of critics who would explain Michelangelo's formula for painting women as "Draw man, draw boobs, collect money." So, totally, don't get discouraged.

Keep in mind that a number of languages and cultures exist with the concept that if a gender is expected, but uncertain, it is typically considered appropriate to assume man. Furthermore, one of the easiest ways to distinguish between boy and girl, is a direct comparison between two specimen of the same species and guessing from the differences. So, the task at hand is to give us a reason to believe these are girls... Without letting us know what a boy is.

I mean, it's as subtle as naming them Uterobots, but the first thing I'd do is seriously reconsider how your mouths are working there. The less like us these things look, the less likely we are going to identify with them. If they had a mouth that more closely resembled stereotypical lips, you might be on to something.

I would personally round out the face more. Girls usually have more fat on their faces than boys, this hides their bone structure and is one of the reasons why people say girls have a "softer" appearance. Besides that benefit, you'd remove the "fishy" shape that we're looking at here.

If that last comment isn't going to have people jump down my throat in anger, this one will. Your model lacks a hair analogue. While many present cultures are continually shattering gender barriers on the hairstyle front, it is still generally awkward for a girl to be bald. I know you're going to run into a lot of trouble trying to find a style that actually works with how the head and body rotate, but where the only thing humanoid is the head, we need a hint.

Now, uh, the last thing I'm going to say is probably going to make you want to stab me. Stop examining these really close-up pictures. At 1 cm and 2.5 cm sizes, a whole lot of these suggestions are, flat out, going to be lost in your size reduction. Those eyes are going to be dots, and probably won't even have any topological difference. I know you don't want to be cartoony, but keep in mind that the roots of cartoon are in middle-age fresco painting, used to easily emphasize the strongest, most necessary details to a larger body of work.

Spoiler
    Show

I see a surprised Shredder, and then another Shredder that's planning his next scheme to get revenge on those blasted turtles.

I was just sharing a tangent story there for the sake of sharing, though. The way S curves compared to angles was explained to me was in relation to the Sublime versus the Beautiful, with such curves being used to define Beauty, and the general structure of a woman (thick head, thin neck, thick chest, thin belly, thick waist, thick hips, thin legs, thick ankles, thin feet) being used as an example of such. Thing is, I mean, this is personal observational anecdote here, but that's just generally how every skeleton works, counterantidisirregardless of gender. Yes, there are skeletal differences between male and female bone structures, but they still follow that same plan, and that's also setting aside cultures where fat bellies were "in".
    Not to mention one of the manliest things drawn ever is based on two tapered S curves with a couple of consummate implied triangles.

Also, um, just calling 'em as I see 'em, but Edmund Burke is one of the most pretentious writers I've ever read.

Then again, maybe my brain's just broken in regards to this sort of thing.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ettin in the Playground

Grah! I spend 20 minutes getting a reply post together and browser goes and crashes when I hit "preview" ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Huh, I only missed 25 pages.
    Sorry Sweetie, we'll try harder next time.

Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    For a moment, Sek was caught off-balance by the offered hat. He had been expecting a much different sort of question, the sort that Charger seemed to be hinting at. After a moment, the clockwork pony recovered, and gratefully donned the hat, before addressing his traveling companions.

"You know, you two have been really good about avoiding the obvious question here; most ponies tend to blurt it out as soon as they see me. Talking about it doesn't really bother me though, it just makes me feel...odd sometimes." The pegasus took a deep breath, or would have, if he'd needed to breathe.

"Like you can probably tell, I'm not a 'normal' pony; I'm mechanical, made out of bits of clockwork and scrap metal. The weird thing is, that instead of only doing one thing, like a sewing machine, or an oven, I can walk and talk and make my own decisions. I don't really know why, and neither did Dad; in fact, he confessed to me once that my original purpose was something along the lines of a wind-up toy..." The pony's irises contracted with a whirr, and for a moment he seemed almost wistful. "I'm headed to Canterlot to find this mechanic and see if he can figure out what's going on with me."
    Clockwork RP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Get out of town! So you're mechanical and self aware?! That's so awesome." Wide eyed, Igneous was regarding Second Hand as if seeing him for the first time. "Its a pity about the wind up thing, it sounds like a bit of a headache. Although, it does kind of remind me of a friend of mine, except for him its coffee instead of a turning-key."

"Speaking of which, how often do you need to rewind anyway? And where do you put the key ... ew, actually, nevermind that question. More importantly, have you ever tried coffee before?"

I got 78%, however I'm not sure how many of my fic and drawing points actually count since the drawings are just badly-done doodles when I'm bored, and the fic may never get out of the pre-production phase at the rate I'm going. (*reminds self to buy cattle prod to "encourage" more time spent on writing*)

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Everypony wish me luck! I'm off to catch a train to NYC to sleep there and take my CISSP certification exam tomorrow morning at 8:00. I'll check in by mobile but I doubt I'll be posting, as I'll be occupied by last minute cramming. Tomorrow I will either pass that test or DIE TRYING.
    Although I won't know which until 4 weeks from now. Actual deadness may vary.
    Good Luck!!

Out of curiosity does anyone know if there has been a FIM/ Sid Meier's Alpha Centuari crossover?
    Not that I know of, although the only fic site I frequent is ED, it might be hiding out on one of the other ones like Pony Draft

That said, SMAC was a great game. I loved how they actually managed to give Civilisation, the ultimate sandbox game, an overarching plotline. (Not to mention the incredible amount of background and backstory they wrote for it!)

Poor Twilight:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, I got a 70% on that test. Higher then I expected.
    Aww, Twi hiding with spike is almost as cute as bookfort Twi.

At least she's taking the story better than she did the first time she read it.
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-08 at 05:31 PM.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Banned

going to try and keep up with the RP even while slowly compiling quotes. I also just realized my compulsive tagging has just payed dividends. I can catch up on past RPs by using search results for the ponythreads, [FFRP] and specific titles

Sweet. So hey, does anypony want me to keep an archive of their RP as well? I need to catch up on my own stuff, but grabbing your guys' stuff shouldn't be a trouble.

-

[FFRP] Saving Berry Ann
    Spoiler
    Show

Beeskee: The pony nods as he thinks about it, realizing it may have inadvertently sounded like he was volunteering Topaz to haul a heavy cart. "Y-yeah, that's a good idea." He manages to loosen the straps on his pack, and slips it off himself, urgently grabbing hold of a strap with his mouth before it floats away. A few moments later and he has it tied to a nearby tree, the balloons bobbing merrily in the breeze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy View Post
    *A quick crackling of static is heard, then a voice cuts in over it.*
    Is this thing on? *Good. *If you can hear me, I'm currently trapped in the chartered accountancy department. *There may or may not be vengeful gods aboard, so please take caution! *I've managed to create a control panel out of clip-boards and paper-clips, so I can open up the doors, and give you a safe route inside!

And for the love of Celestia, Don't touch anything! *I'm not entirely sure what rules of physics this bunker is running on, but it does not like the pony skeleton. *Good luck!

*With that, the blast doors open, and a blinding light is coming from the hallway beyond.*

You're probably the worst host ever, you know that?
    I'm kinda of busy here!
    ... Mm-Hm. So this is our, uh, "ship". Vengeful deities, odds of bursting into flames and landing in the trees in the top percentile... Oh adventure, you so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post

Beeskee: He eeps as he suddenly feels like he's attached to the balloons once more, finding himself floating and letting out a quiet laugh as he realizes what is actually happening. "Woah! Oh hay, cool!" He settles onto the platform carefully, and admires Topaz' hoofwork on the seemingly solid surface and dome. "Very nice! Are you able to use this to move heavier things?" He closes his eyes for a moment and enjoys the sensation of flying.
    Starry watches the two fly away, still somewhat bemused by Topaz's platform. Well, good to know they are out of the blast zone... IM... *COULD YOU LAND? She shouts. I CAN'T GET UP THERE TO THE DOOR.

CAN YOU EVEN HEAR ME?