New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER the 13th

[Library]

"And there that is. Why do you pay tribute to them?" Harnel asks. Once again, his voice is fairly neutral, even though it's speckled with curiosity, "What, specifically, do you want?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

Library

Ariel can't help but give the half-dragon a glare for the moment, having hoped he'd have dropped the subject. "Nothing. But when one's parents follow them, its best to at least stay on their good side. Now, are we done with that? Or are you going to ask me more about my beliefs?" She asks angrily.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

Harnel shakes his head. "No, we're done with that. What do you do? How do you make your living? What sort of skills do you have?"

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

Library

Ariel allows herself a slight smile, always loving this question. "I craft music." She says, much happier than before. Harnel may note she didn't say "play" or "write" however...

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

Harnel smiles, curious, "I'm guessing you use magic then. Mind showing me what you mean?"

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

Library

"Too little room in here. Lets head back out."
    Ariel says before heading to go to the courtyard.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

Harnel will follow, of course, out into the courtyard. He waits patiently for Ariel to do her thing.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

Ariel sets her possessions on the ground before taking out her tuning fork and heading to the wall. She takes in several deep breaths, eyes closed as she gathers power within herself. Her eyes open, sheer white, and an energy begins to crackle round her, giving the air a sharp metallic tang. With a quick motion, she hits the tuning fork on the wall, making a loud hum that fills the air.

Ariel's hair begins to drift on an unseen breeze and she raises her hands, silencing the hum before giving a lazy sweeping gesture, starting her Music, unseen instruments playing, drifting through the air around the both of them. Her body raises slowly off the ground as her energies come into play.

Over the minutes, a mad grin seems to come to her face as she gestures with her fork, signalling the unseen "players", and Harnel might feel something deep inside of him give a tug of sadness, images he's never seen before coming to his mind. Dark moons being lost in a whirlwind of nebulous clouds, sucked into a void that he's never seen before. He might almost hear the quiet whispers of the things that lay across the threshold into The Warp, but if he pays attention to them, they vanish.

But then, right when the images seem to come quickly and not-whispers the loudest, it all vanishes, the music over with Ariel drifting down several feet till she touches the ground once more...

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

[Couryard]

Harnel, to say the least, is impressed.

Harnel looks at her curiously for a moment, before saying, "That was amazing."

He'd say more, but there's not really much to say. Almost like saying more would break the mood that Ariel created.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

"That is nothing."
    Ariel tells him. "That was just music. There's endless possibilities about what I could do with sound, empowered by my...connections." She says with a slight smile, obviously somewhat excited by the power still. She'll feel the drain later, but for now, she felt on top of the world.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

"You mean..." Harnel looks at her for a moment, trying to examine her, it seems, "You have a connection with the... what's the word? Warp, that's it. I suppose that should have been clear from your horns and tail."

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

Ariel nods. "Yes. I have it naturally due to Jezebel's state of being." She explains. "But, unlike psykers, my connection is stabilized by my ability to harness magic like Cessie."

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

"Two things working together to make something greater than the sum of its parts. Amazing." Harnel honestly seems genuinely impressed.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Cessie wanders out into the courtyard, curious about the music she heard, seeing Ariel and Harnel, she isn't exactly surprised. She didn't think anyone in watchtower could play such music, it reminded her of Aegnor in a way.

"Having fun?" She asks and hopes, maybe Ariel would end up liking Harnel after all.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

Ariel straightens herself out, dusting off her dress before nodding politely to Cessie. "I should have told you earlier, but I'm attuned to Sound. Partly due to my heritage I suppose."

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Harnel smiles as he sees Cessie, "Ariel was just showing me the magic she does. It's pretty amazing. I've never met a mage who can do something like that."

17. - Top - End - #797

[Courtyard]

"Sound? An interesting element, you can summon the other elements of course right?" She really hoped at least one of her children would be born with the gift. Hopefully Ariel was a proof that would happen.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

"I can." Ariel says, pleased that her "mother" has taken interest in her. "I can also draw power from The Warp to boost myself, but it can be unpredictable at times."

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

"It's pretty well straight chaos from what I've read, Ariel, so don't sell yourself short. If you were using it during that little performance I'd say you have a truly impressive level of control." Harnel says, still smiling.

20. - Top - End - #800

[Courtyard]

Cessie smiles at Harnel, "My, your just full of compliments today aren't you?" She's pleased he seems to try becoming friends with her. He was taking this really well.

She then turns to Ariel, a tad more serious. "So have you ever lost control? And is so, what happened?" There was a standard practice to attempt to make young mages lose control to see how they handled it. All mages had lost control at least once, it was to teach them how to deal with not being able to control their own magic for a while and how to regain control over it.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-10-23 at 04:41 AM.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

"I have." She admits, thinking back to when they were all forced to do so in class. "I got...manic I guess. Kept trying to work harder and harder to try and make the song that I hear in the back of my thoughts. Every time someone spoke, I'd steal their voice. And any time there was any other sound, I'd take that too. Thankfully I passed out after a while." Ariel says. "The others couldn't speak for several hours though."

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Harnel is curious as to how and why Ariel lost control. He'd have to ask Cessie about that, and if she ever lost control of her magic either. He's quiet for now, letting the mages talk.

23. - Top - End - #803

[Courtyard]

"Surely it was under controlled forms?" Cessie asks with a raised eyebrow. "And how long did it take for you to regain control?" The mage continues asking, trying to determine how skilled Ariel is at controlling her magic at this point.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

"Well, yes, but if no one outside the room heard anything, they'd come in and check, and..." She gives a shrug, knowing she'd figure the rest out. "And it took me about a day and a half to recover." Ariel admits sheepishly.

25. - Top - End - #805

[Courtyard]

"It's within reasonable levels, I heard of mages who could take a week to regain control. Sometimes having trouble with it just means that your energy is greater then usual so it's harder for you to control it." Sadly the alt-Cessie have probably already told Ariel this.

"So I assume your done with your basic training then? I saw heard that elemental you sent to me, how many elementals can you have summoned at once?." She continues asking.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-10-23 at 06:02 AM.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

"Not too terribly many yet."
    Ariel says. "I can control more smaller ones than big ones though. Just depends on what I'm doing."

27. - Top - End - #807

[Courtyard]

"I see, well I expect your mother to have greater experience then myself considering she's twenty years ahead of me so I expect her to be an excellent tutor." Providing she had time of course, Cessie knew she wouldn't have time for her own children all the time once they got older, that's what servants were for.

Cessie glances at her husband, Ariel still seemed to be unsure of him, something she intended to change. "So have Harnel told you about himself? He's an excellent swordsman, a warblade as he calls himself. If you have seen him fight you'll know his style requires a very keen intelligence."

28. - Top - End - #808
    Troll in the Playground

Corridor

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Main Room]

Ilpholin returns. She looks bruised in some places. This is largely visible cause she's not wearing her usual catsuit, but instead a large shirt that comes down to her knees and no pants at all. She heads straight for her room, though can be intercepted by anyone.

Posting will probably be particularly slow for a while though, so there's time to show up.
    Darcy spots Ilpholin in the corridor and immediately takes alarm. "Ilphy! Oh gods, you're hurt..."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #809
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Main Room]

Ilpholin returns. She looks bruised in some places. This is largely visible cause she's not wearing her usual catsuit, but instead a large shirt that comes down to her knees and no pants at all. She heads straight for her room, though can be intercepted by anyone.

Posting will probably be particularly slow for a while though, so there's time to show up.
    Main Room
    Katherine is slightly happy that Ilpholin is hurt!
    But she also feels bad for being happy about it and is all guilty about being happy to see that she was hurt.
    She keeps her mouth shut though, she thinks that anything she says would probably be taken the wrong way.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #810
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Zombie Entrance]

KR releases the field... and releases herself as well, sitting down fast into a convenient chair, and looking as if she hasn't slept in about 4000 years.
    The zombies... fall onto the floor. As still as they can of course, but still falling to the floor.

Least they're zombies and probably don't feel pain.
    Other than the pain of their people.
    Groaaaaan.
    Looks like it worked, Wenomir tells KR.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.