New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread VII: Playground Eternal Essence

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Also, Book, any chance of a revived deathlord game?
    Not a chance in hell.

I bit off waaaaaaay more than I could chew with that game, even if I still like the concept in theory (actually, the concept needs some work too, but anyway).

I'm open to STing another game at some point when I have the time, but it won't be that.

It'll probably be a Primordial War game. There's a setting I've been kicking around in my head for a while where the Dragon's Shadow discovers Autochthon while he's designing the Exaltations, and the Primordials steal half of the Solar shards before Sol can empower them. They create the Infernals millenia early, and the time table for the Primordial War gets accelerated in a big bad way. The Primordials retreat from Creation after the death of Mardukth (the only Neverborn thus far), and create a new world to use as a base from which to assault Creation. Yu-Shan is a warzone. The Underworld is ruled by a small number of Abyssal Exalted (Solars or Infernals who serve He Who Holds in Thrall, awakened by Infernals at the command of the Primordial King).

The War has been going on for almost two thousand years now, and it's in a constant gridlock.

The players would be newly Exalted, going to the front lines as quickly as possible to join the war effort.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2011-11-08 at 10:42 AM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Count me in ! Idea seems very, very awesome.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground

Hmmm.... would alchemicals be accepted?
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

Manual of Exalted Power: The Dragonblooded is 78 dollars for the cheapest copy on Amazon, and I can't find it on eBay. T.T

Solars dial normal human abilities up to 11, but is there anything that dials the abilities up to 9? I was thinking that maybe I could run an Exalted game in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians/The Heroes of Olympus setting, and in that, dragonblooded would be children of Zeus/Jupiter, Poseidon/Neptune, possibly Hephaestus/Vulcan for his rare fire-user child, and sometimes Hades/Pluto if their ability is power over the earth and not power over the dead (would that be abyssals?). In that, those guys are stronger than the kids who are just smarter/stronger/faster than average. Of course, fire martial arts were mentioned after I said Firefist Ace was a dragonblooded. Are there martial arts for each element that solars can learn?
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-11-08 at 12:34 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

5. - Top - End - #995

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Manual of Exalted Power: The Dragonblooded is 78 dollars for the cheapest copy on Amazon, and I can't find it on eBay. T.T
    Probably because it's out of print, now. White Wolf is moving entirely to PDFs and print-on-demand.

It's 18 bucks as a PDF, but I think you said you can't do that.

Sorry, man.

I was thinking that maybe I could run an Exalted game in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians/The Heroes of Olympus setting, and in that, dragonblooded would be children of Zeus/Jupiter, Poseidon/Neptune, possibly Hephaestus/Vulcan for his rare fire-user child, and sometimes Hades/Pluto if their ability is power over the earth and not power over the dead (would that be abyssals?). In that, those guys are stronger than the kids who are just smarter/stronger/faster than average.
    White Wolf has read your mind in the past and preemptively made a product tailored to you. They make Percy Jackson: The Tabletop RPG, except it's called Scion. It's pretty cool.

Of course, fire martial arts were mentioned after I said Firefist Ace was a dragonblooded. Are there martial arts for each element that solars can learn?
    Yes. Martial arts is a universal set of Charms (magic stuff) with three tiers that every type of being in Exalted can learn.

In particular, the image maker was probably thinking of Fire Dragon style (there are five elemental dragon styles created specifically for Dragon-Bloods).
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    White Wolf has read your mind in the past and preemptively made a product tailored to you.
    This is an amusing idea.
    What would happen if they could do that?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Titan in the Playground

I was able to find a hardcopy at my FLGS for 30 bucks, I assume you've checked though?

And yeah. Solars CAN learn Fire Dragon style or Wood dragon style or the other Immaculate Martial Arts as the major elemental ones are called. But good luck finding a teacher: they're practiced by people who believe one of the noblest services a person can perform for the world is violently murderizing a solar or lunar until they die from it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

I've also got an idea that's been floating around, plucking at my brain-strings, and it requires on a hefty bit of rule 0 to be wielded against the setting. In fact, some big things:

Spoiler
    Show
    >Two of the Maidens (Secrets and Endings) approached the UCS at the end of the Primordial War, and along with Lytek, did a little screwing around with a Circles worth of Solar shards.
    >The shards were changed so they would remove the person they Exalted from the Loom of Fate, as well as a few other less helpful things, such as making it very hard for all mortals (and quite a few Exalts) to even noticed that Solars presence, even if the Solar wanted them to. I feel that, between them, these four gods could pull it off.
    >Jupiter being Jupiter, it's unknown what her motives were for suggesting this plan, but Saturn could see the eventual need for it, and together they convinced the UCS.

The Exaltation of these shards would still be the standard fare of brillaint light, but would be nearly unnoticed by anyone that didn't have Essence-sight up at the time. Or something like 8/9 or more successes in their Per+Aware. If, by some slim chance, one of the other Solars of the circle was watching/nearby when the Exaltation happened, they'd see it as clear as day.

Luna was asked if they could so the same to the Lunar shards that were bonded to these five, but she declined on the basis that it'd be funny to watch her Chosen looking for something so hard to find.

Set before the Scarlet Empress vanishes, years before the Jade Prison is even discovered by the Yozi, the players would be these 5 Solars (and maybe an attached Lunar) and would spend the early game trying to work out what was going on with the invisible to most people and spirits thing, then, once they found their first Ancestor Hooks (manses/artifacts belonging to first Age Selves, etc) things would start getting more exciting and fate-of-the-world type stuff.

Of course, I'd make sure that the players were all met up and in a group before play started, because my god is it like herding mentally challenged cats trying to do it in-game. Or I could say "stuff it" and run five different simultaneous solo advent- yeah no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #999

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    This is an amusing idea.
    What would happen if they could do that?
    Sidereals and Lunars would have errata. Sidereal Martial Arts would be fun without being broken. meschlum would be an Ink Monkey. Craft would be one ability in canon. Of all of those, meschlum being an Ink Monkey is basically the only one I have any real ability to vouch for.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

Not a chance in hell.

I bit off waaaaaaay more than I could chew with that game, even if I still like the concept in theory (actually, the concept needs some work too, but anyway).

I'm open to STing another game at some point when I have the time, but it won't be that.

It'll probably be a Primordial War game. There's a setting I've been kicking around in my head for a while where the Dragon's Shadow discovers Autochthon while he's designing the Exaltations, and the Primordials steal half of the Solar shards before Sol can empower them. They create the Infernals millenia early, and the time table for the Primordial War gets accelerated in a big bad way. The Primordials retreat from Creation after the death of Mardukth (the only Neverborn thus far), and create a new world to use as a base from which to assault Creation. Yu-Shan is a warzone. The Underworld is ruled by a small number of Abyssal Exalted (Solars or Infernals who serve He Who Holds in Thrall, awakened by Infernals at the command of the Primordial King).

The War has been going on for almost two thousand years now, and it's in a constant gridlock.

The players would be newly Exalted, going to the front lines as quickly as possible to join the war effort.
    Assuming that it doesn't happen this november, and that I'm not sucked into Skyrim when it does, I would so play that.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground

White Wolf has read your mind in the past and preemptively made a product tailored to you. They make Percy Jackson: The Tabletop RPG, except it's called Scion. It's pretty cool.
    Ugggh. I love a lot of the fluff, but you thought that Exalted has rules problems, you haven't seen anything until you play Scion.

I would love to see the logs of that Primordial War game, incidentally, although I know I don't have the time to play it.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Titan in the Playground

Probably because it's out of print, now. White Wolf is moving entirely to PDFs and print-on-demand.

It's 18 bucks as a PDF, but I think you said you can't do that.

Sorry, man.
    Well, I'm hoping to get a netbook. Just as soon as I get another 100-140 dollars (25$ every two weeks means 125 in 2-1/4 months, probably 2-1/2 for 150 for the PDF as well))
    But that's like using Dungeons and Dragons to raid dungeons and fight dragons! And it's more things to buy.
    Yes. Martial arts is a universal set of Charms (magic stuff) with three tiers that every type of being in Exalted can learn.

In particular, the image maker was probably thinking of Fire Dragon style (there are five elemental dragon styles created specifically for Dragon-Bloods).
    I made it.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I was able to find a hardcopy at my FLGS for 30 bucks, I assume you've checked though?
    IIRC, the local gameshop doesn't carry Exalted, I remember seeing Pathfinder, D&D 4e, and Warhammer/W40k, but no Exalted. It's been almost a year since I've been there, though.
    And yeah. Solars CAN learn Fire Dragon style or Wood dragon style or the other Immaculate Martial Arts as the major elemental ones are called. But good luck finding a teacher: they're practiced by people who believe one of the noblest services a person can perform for the world is violently murderizing a solar or lunar until they die from it.
    Hm, I could make them all solars (except maybe the Zhangs, their family gift is more a lunar thing) and give children of certain gods exclusive access to the elemental martial arts.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-11-08 at 02:25 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Hm, I could make them all solars (except maybe the Zhangs, their family gift is more a lunar thing) and give children of certain gods exclusive access to the elemental martial arts.
    Well, another option for element-controllers are god-bloods descended from elementals with certain mutations/spirit charms to fit. They can't get Immaculate Martial Arts, though...there could be a way to get them that ability, though. Not sure about that...
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2011-11-08 at 01:44 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1004

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    The shards were changed so they would remove the person they Exalted from the Loom of Fate, as well as a few other less helpful things, such as making it very hard for all mortals (and quite a few Exalts) to even noticed that Solars presence, even if the Solar wanted them to.
    Umm, why?

I can pretty much guarantee, though, you won't get any social PCs in a game like that.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    I've also got an idea that's been floating around, plucking at my brain-strings, and it requires on a hefty bit of rule 0 to be wielded against the setting. In fact, some big things:

Spoiler
    Show
    >Two of the Maidens (Secrets and Endings) approached the UCS at the end of the Primordial War, and along with Lytek, did a little screwing around with a Circles worth of Solar shards.
    >The shards were changed so they would remove the person they Exalted from the Loom of Fate, as well as a few other less helpful things, such as making it very hard for all mortals (and quite a few Exalts) to even noticed that Solars presence, even if the Solar wanted them to. I feel that, between them, these four gods could pull it off.
    >Jupiter being Jupiter, it's unknown what her motives were for suggesting this plan, but Saturn could see the eventual need for it, and together they convinced the UCS.

The Exaltation of these shards would still be the standard fare of brillaint light, but would be nearly unnoticed by anyone that didn't have Essence-sight up at the time. Or something like 8/9 or more successes in their Per+Aware. If, by some slim chance, one of the other Solars of the circle was watching/nearby when the Exaltation happened, they'd see it as clear as day.

Luna was asked if they could so the same to the Lunar shards that were bonded to these five, but she declined on the basis that it'd be funny to watch her Chosen looking for something so hard to find.

Set before the Scarlet Empress vanishes, years before the Jade Prison is even discovered by the Yozi, the players would be these 5 Solars (and maybe an attached Lunar) and would spend the early game trying to work out what was going on with the invisible to most people and spirits thing, then, once they found their first Ancestor Hooks (manses/artifacts belonging to first Age Selves, etc) things would start getting more exciting and fate-of-the-world type stuff.

Of course, I'd make sure that the players were all met up and in a group before play started, because my god is it like herding mentally challenged cats trying to do it in-game. Or I could say "stuff it" and run five different simultaneous solo advent- yeah no.
    I'd play!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Mage View Post
    Sidereals and Lunars would have errata. Sidereal Martial Arts would be fun without being broken. meschlum would be an Ink Monkey. Craft would be one ability in canon. Of all of those, meschlum being an Ink Monkey is basically the only one I have any real ability to vouch for.
    Well, OBVIOUSLY. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Umm, why?

I can pretty much guarantee, though, you won't get any social PCs in a game like that.
    It's been rare for me to see a social PC at all really. But there will be things to allow social stuffs, I'm not going to force people into or out of a play-style.
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1007

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    Well, another option for element-controllers are god-bloods descended from elementals with certain mutations/spirit charms to fit. They can't get Immaculate Martial Arts, though...there could be a way to get them that ability, though. Not sure about that...
    There's not a way canonically, since that would break the setting rather badly.

For a specific game, though, there's any number of things.

18. - Top - End - #1008

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Well, OBVIOUSLY. xD
    Oh, and the writers of Infernals would have had some contact with each other. Yet again, something I can't yet personally vouch for.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Troll in the Playground

And Sol wouldn't be portrayed as a lazy bastard, the first age solars wouldn't be absolute monsters, and the setting would generally be better overall.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    And Sol wouldn't be portrayed as a lazy bastard, the first age solars wouldn't be absolute monsters, and the setting would generally be better overall.
    Or those things would contribute more meaningfully to the plot.
    Spoiler: Quotes Collection
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    I think we can pack it up and move to a different thread. aetherialDawn has won this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuna
    Sufficiently advanced paranoia is indistinguishable from complacency.

Avatar by me - sketch of Skywing.
    Exalted: Scriptures of the Castes PM me suggestions!

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

And Dragon-Blooded would be able to emulate the benders from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Or Avatar would get it's own system. Either way works.

22. - Top - End - #1012

So I've been thinking about the periodic storms of rage over Sol's personality and I thing I have a solution: Virtues need a rewrite. See, as they currently stand, virtues range from 1 to some value greater than 1, and Sol is supposed to embody all of them. However, The Ebon Dragon, who is supposed to, on some level, embody the opposite of the Unconquered Sun, is incapable of carrying out a plan, no matter how much it benefits him. Okay, so TED isn't really an ADD child who enjoys ripping the wings off flies and pouring vinegar down ant hills. However, at present, he gets no bonuses to making peoples lives miserable in the long term and lots of penalties.

So, I propose that virtues no longer go from 1 out to whereever they go, and instead go from 0 in both directions. Under this system, somebody with 0 valor would get no bonus to remain in combat, but he would also get to penalty to running away. With 5 valor, remaining in combat would be reasonably simple, but running away would be hard. With -5 valor, running away from squirrels and teacups would be child's play and staying in combat would require superhuman willpower.

My main problem is that I cannot figure out what to reward for taking negative temperance or conviction. Valor, obviously makes it easy to stay in combat for positive values and leave such for negative values. Compassion should make it easy to help someone for positive values and easy to kick puppies and steal lolipops for negative values (and generally be a self-righteous antihero). Conviction makes it harder to be swayed from your chosen path for positive values, and temperance makes it easier to forgo things, but what do they promote when negative?

Now, how does this change UCS? Well, firstly, we remove his current "I must suppress my virtues to do anything" and replace it with "I can perfectly succeed on any virtue roll where I have a positive bonus and perfectly fail on any where I have a negative bonus. When I have 0, I must roll as normal." Since all his virtues are equally large and positive(how positive doesn't particularly matter), he just needs a majority of the relevant ones to be encouraging his action to be able to succeed. He is stuck in the games because heaven has conspired to prevent anything from upsetting his current standoff between temperance and valor. Temperance tells him to take a break, but valor tells him to never quit. As such, he must roll whatever against the arbitrarily high requirement to leave the games. Since the games were probably designed by a Meschluminian Fey to keep the Primordials occupied during the mushroom races, leaving the games pretty much requires some sort of grace magic or a perfect effect.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

Isn't the only time that the Ebon Dragon actually can't do long term planning when he's in the equivalent of Primordial Limit Break? I don't see a problem there, given that during Limit Breaks you're supposed to be impaired.

And, your fix only seems to expand the scale from -5 to 5, instead of 1 to 5. Not sure I see the point.

As for Sol....I'm not sure what your 'fix' would do to actually change the situation. Can you clarify?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    My main problem is that I cannot figure out what to reward for taking negative temperance or conviction.
    I don't know why you use "reward" here, but AnitConviction would make you scatterbrained and really easily convinced, while AntiTemperence would make you basically a kid in a candy store, grabbing handfuls of all the pleasures (drugs, whores, killing people, whatever floats your boat) around and metaphorically* stuffing them in your mouth.

*usually.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1015

As far as I am aware, I am not an Ink Monkey (Fall of Night Shadows the Truth could deal with that problem, true).

However, I believe the standard reply applies.

The Iceflame

Cold burns when it is sufficiently intense, and so the Fair Folk do not understand why Creation should set the Northern and Southern Poles so far apart. In an attempt to illustrate their thesis, they forged the Iceflame, and sent it into Creation as part of a diplomatic party.

Since, to the Creation-born, diplomatic parties from the Raksha are mainly distinguished from raiding parties by the fact that the cursed fae just won't leave, most of the intruders were crushed. One Diplomat managed to escape, leaving behind a portion of itself for the Wyld Hunt to investigate - the Iceflame.

When the diamond failed to do anything un-diamondlike for a full week, the Dragonbloods relaxed their guard and brought it back to the Blessed Isle with the rest of their loot. there, it was largely forgotten until a discontented Earthblood found it a few decades later. Forela Machian, the Earthblooded, was a devotee of the Martial Arts, in particular of the Air and Fire Forms, but had difficulties with them due to the challenge of channeling the essence of other elements.

When meditating on her problem with the Iceflame before her, Forela felt closer to success than ever before. Quickly claiming the stone, she searched the House records to discover its source, and then vanished into the distant North.

The tales of a tri-elemental dragon rampaging in the Northwest some years later are believed to be unrelated - though the Iceflame still waits, offering enlightenment, to those who can understand is thesis.

1-dot Adjuration (1 committed mote): "I shall seek power in contradiction".
    Assumption of Air Form - imbues those who swear to it with the powers of Elemental Air, making them Air Aspected. Also gives a few side benefits.
    Assumption of Fire Form - imbues those who swear to it with the powers of Elemental Fire, making them Fire Aspected. Also gives a few side benefits.

The Ring of Supreme Understanding

Once the was an Anarch who ruled over the entire Wyld...

"This is tiresome," she said...

"I know the arts of the Sun and Moon...

And there is nothing left to learn..."

So Creation destroyed her.

The Anarch forged an Empire...

"Destruction is wonderful," she said...

"I see the path to endless Stars...

"And there is everything left to teach..."

So she was reborn.

Powerful (Essence 6) Anarch with Bulb of the Perfected Lotus and either Extinction of the Self or Assumption of the Person's Heart. Takes the form of a ring, and allows its wearer to use (and possibly learn) CMA. Even as a mortal.

Who said the Raksha couldn't do anything for the Dragonblooded?

Elemental Weavers

In the far Northwest of Creation, stories say that there is a small continent which was built to contain aspects of most of the Elements. Its people are rather insular, and were split into four tribes, though one is said to be extinct. While the tribes have different cultures, they have a number of common traits.

First, all people of this land are elementally aspected, though Wood (and, more recently, Air) are absent. The tribes are composed of people with the same affinity, those with better understanding of their element often rising to positions of leadership. Second, the most promising children of the tribes are taught, in a ritual as old as the land itself, to tap into the power of their element and 'weave' it.

Unlike the methods employed in the rest of Creation, a chosen 'weaver' will attain an awakened essence and, more importantly, gain the power to literally shape the element they favor with will, focus, and self control. The price for this ability, if it can be called thus, is that the weaver's element will have a significant impact on their personality, making them unpredictable - if quite potent - by Realm standards.

This factor, combined with distance and the difficulty of keeping captives who can sink your ship, burn it, and create vicious reefs at the same time, means that the Blessed Isle has not devoted much attention to the land of the weavers. If tales of a Fire-aspected empire being built there are true, things may have to change.

Weaver's Aura

Anyone born in the land of the Elemental Weavers is inherently linked to one of the four elements they acknowledge. Such people often show minor abilities with their element, being able to manipulate it and enhance it more than is purely natural.

4-dot Oneiromancy
    Assumption of the Living Kingdom - covers the world known to the weavers.
    Behemoth Forging Meditation - grants Elemental Adaptation (Air, Earth, Fire, or Water) depending on where people live (and possibly their ancestors). Depending on ST ruling, this can be done with one copy of the Charm, or with 4 (in the latter case, the Aura has no other powers).
    Ordinary Object Conjuration - creates extra amounts of Air, Earth, Fire, or Water when the proper motions are performed. If the ST requires distinct copies of the Charm for each element, there may be two Auras. Or it could be a 5-dot Oneiromancy.

This takes care of the population at large.

Lesser Weaver Initiation

The most promising youths of each elemental tribe are presented to their elders, and after a night of fasting and meditation are given a tattoo marking their training. These initiates all have awakened essences, and are then taught suitable Terrestrial Martial Arts.

1-dot Oneiromancy
    Assumption of Elemental Form - each Initiation looks like a suitable item for its element - a spectacular bonfire, an impressive stone, etc.
    Behemoth Forging Meditation - grants Awakened Essence.
    Emotion Weaving Style - those chosen for the Initiation are always loyal to the elders. Always.
    Adaptation to Adversity - while the Initiation is taking place, the element it is linked to does not harm the elders or initiates, despite terrible weather, rockslides, and such.

This covers granting essence use to those the elders favor. Or those who take over after removing the elders, of course. Note that there should be a Diplomat among the elders, granting the Initiates a Grace.

Intermediate Weaver Initiation

The most skilled of the lesser initiates are studied by the elders and the authorities, seeking the ones who have a truly creative spark. These are raised to the Intermediate initiation, gaining considerable power but often beginning to lose themselves to the passions of their element.

The tattoos this time are more intricate and personalized. It is worth noting that, in theory, a sufficiently skilled or lucky Initiate could gain the powers and Initiations from elements beyond her own. Whether this is worth the extra difficulty and effort instead of focusing deeper on a single element is not decided as yet.

1-dot Oneiromancy
    Assumption of the Person's Heart - the Intermediate Initiation is a part of those who adopt it, marking them until death and maybe beyond.
    Elemental Transformation - when aroused, the might of an Intermediate Initiate is terrifying, as they toss about bolts of flame, tidal waves, or other such attacks with mad abandon and are not troubled by piddling Essence costs. (Grants Dragon's Breath, aspected to element)
    Endless Yawning Void - given enough of his element, an Intermediate initiate can create a barrier of destructive power. This is similar to the Dragonblooded anima power, if somewhat less lethal and restricted by access to the element.
    Rarefied Air of Inevitable Victory - unlike the Dragonblood anima, an Intermediate weaver's aura will deflect blows as well as strike at a foe.
    Ordinary Object Conjuration - for an Intermediate Initiate, a handful of their chosen element is never far from hand, no matter what the circumstances might be.
    Heaven Rains Wisdom - to the great annoyance of the Sidereal Sifus, the Intermediate Initiates, while not invisible to Fate, are unusually hard to pick out.
    Mad God Mien - separating an Intermediate Initiate from her Initiation is no simple matter.

This lets your experts toss flame blasts / hails of stone / tornadoes at will. And grants a nice environmental aura.

Greater Weaver Initiation

Among the weavers, some can be said to have truly plumbed the depths of their element, understanding it at a level that mere mortals simply cannot comprehend. While they may walk (or float) across the land like any other, they are more than mortal, partly merged with the elemental spirits of their chosen element, and capable of miracles.

Reaching Greater Initiation requires a quest on the part of the would be initiate, and while it is conceivably feasible for an incredibly gifted mortal to become a Greater Initiate of multiple elements, such a being would be closer to a god than to a mere human.

Creation level Heroic Worker Raksha
    Essence 4
    Assumption of the Person's Heart - permanently melded to the Initiate
    Element Weaving Style - guess why?
    Style Improving Spirit - because sometimes you need to pull off crazy element aspected feats. Terrestrial Sorcery level effects are available.
    (Whatever else seems nice - All Consuming God Monster Stance is always a good idea)
    (Using 15 bp to boost all non-favored Graces to 2 allows two uses of Terrestrial Sorcery per season)

This lets you a) be scary and b) wave your hands and create freestanding, permanent fire sculptures.

Rumor hints that it may be possible to go even deeper into the art of elemental weaving, and begin to meld them or create new ones...

One Piece? Eh. Done the basic. Now if there's a specific character that begs to be made, then the Raksha may contemplate it (given an outline, of course). The trick to Grace Magic being not so much that the character can be made (any splay can fake it, probably), but that the Fair Folk can turn ordinary people into anyone. Probably.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

meschlum I haven't said it in a while but I love you. I love you with the white hot intensity of a thousand burning Day Stars - inna strictly heterosexual "buddies" kinda way.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, quick question;
    I'm trying to figure out Sidereal Astrology enough to sort out my characters Resplendant Destinies. I thought for a moment that I'd found an actually useful flowchart that summed up all the various maths on one handy printable page.

Voidstate's Sidereal Astrology Calculator

But on closer inspection, this seems like it might not actually be the edition I'm using, 2e. Can someone confirm which edition it is?

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

methinks there should be more ways for Dragon-Bloods to manipulate elements.

Charm Concepts
    Spoiler
    Show

Elemental Bomb Assault
    A charm that combines Elemental Bolt Attack an Elemental Burst Technique, basically creating a bomb of elemental energy then throwing it so that it explodes like Elemental Burst Technique

Elemental Ensnarement
    This charm enhances elemental attacks so that the elements stick around and slowing down or even fully immobilizing the foe, with an additional effect depending upon the element used

Elemental Missile Enhancement
    This charm enhances elemental bolt attack so that the bolt still exists after the initial attack and can be directed by the Dragon-Blooded as needed to make more attacks, however each tick that goes by reduces the damage the bolt deals by 1, and when it hits zero, it disappears.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    methinks there should be more ways for Dragon-Bloods to manipulate elements.

Charm Concepts
    Spoiler
    Show

Elemental Bomb Assault
    A charm that combines Elemental Bolt Attack an Elemental Burst Technique, basically creating a bomb of elemental energy then throwing it so that it explodes like Elemental Burst Technique

Elemental Ensnarement
    This charm enhances elemental attacks so that the elements stick around and slowing down or even fully immobilizing the foe, with an additional effect depending upon the element used

Elemental Missile Enhancement
    This charm enhances elemental bolt attack so that the bolt still exists after the initial attack and can be directed by the Dragon-Blooded as needed to make more attacks, however each tick that goes by reduces the damage the bolt deals by 1, and when it hits zero, it disappears.
    Er, I think the last one already exists. Been a while since I've looked at DB charms, but the last one was an EBA-focused fighter.

I think it's an interaction with their Thrown charm that lets things come back to them.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Troll in the Playground

I was playing a little bit of Dissidia today, and I realized that I don't know of any Exalted Charms that use the word "Fusillade". That seems like a pretty huge oversight. Nouns like that don't come along every day.