New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread VII: Playground Eternal Essence

Wasn't the black boar initially in Greek myth? In fact, most yozi could be connected to myths.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    You are free to dislike what they wrote, but that does not make them incompetent like you seem to be constantly implying.
    That's the problem. They're not incompetent. They are more like the physical incarnation of Sturgeon's Law. They produce such wonders as MoEP: Alchemicals (I loves me some robot cyborg communists!), then they go and write Horse Skid Tricks (I do an ollie on my mustang! ROFL) or Golden Years Stained Black or whatever its called.

It means I have to pick through every piece of new material to see what is going to drive me nuts and which pieces I just have to use. It would make my life simpler if they'd just pick one and stick with it.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

I am making so much homebrew right now. You guys don't even know. It's gonna literally blow your mind. And I'm not just misusing the term 'literally' when I mean 'figuratively' or 'metaphorically'. Your mind will actually both physically explode and simultaneously be sensually pleasured.

(That's actually a Malfeas social charm.)

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, while staring deeply into the Abyss Xefas' avatar, a thought came unbidden to my head - would an Exalt who picked up a second head through Mutations have his caste mark on both heads?

If the second head has its own personality, does it have its own soul? If it does, can it Exalt?

EDIT: He changed it while I was posting.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-10-12 at 02:46 AM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

yea, and lately I've been homebrewing up a bunch of Lunar charms…..specifically craft and medicine charms at first……they are done….and a much better shapeshifting system for Lunars that is only four charms long….thats done to...

problem is, I'm not finished. still have social charms to get to, got a rough idea for charisma and for manipulation…..some immaterial and stealth charms should probably be appearance….

oh and I've made a couple charms that are Wyld-keyworded not Wyld-keyworded anymore…..they are much better now….I could go get them, but they would be first drafts, all of them….might need tweaking….
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    So, while staring deeply into the Abyss Xefas' avatar, a thought came unbidden to my head - would an Exalt who picked up a second head through Mutations have his caste mark on both heads?
    But that's not a second head D=. It's a Hellpony Familiar.

7. - Top - End - #187

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Never said it was a second head - just that looking at it made me think about stuff.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Never said it was a second head - just that looking at it made me think about stuff.
    Right, well, to take a crack at your question, I think negative on all accounts, for the following reason. Simply, I don't think gaining a second head conjures forth a second soul from the Well of Souls. And, without a soul, it can't Exalt, and since it isn't Exalted, it can't have a Caste Mark.

Maybe you could somehow create/call a soul and bind it to your second head/brain? (Is a brain required for a soul?)
    Last edited by Xefas; 2011-10-12 at 02:48 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

I want to see someone stat up Alucard... and Seras and Anderson for that matter....
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by meschlum View Post
    Rewriting Creation into MLP (or Sesame Street) is entirely feasible, and should make for a very supportive environment for the ED.
    Meschlum, I appreciate you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gensh View Post
    I was totally about to reply to this earlier but got distracted doing something silly.

BAM!
    Hey, any productivity is better than arguing in a thread! Of course, I'm allergic to Yozi, but that's beside the point. Will there be a PDF document?

Maybe you could somehow create/call a soul and bind it to your second head/brain? (Is a brain required for a soul?)
    I...think that the current theory is that no brain is required for a consciousness. All one really needs is the ability to shape Essence and one could probably attach any number of consciousnesses to, or into, a body.
    Last edited by Story Time; 2011-10-12 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Added Direct Link Content

11. - Top - End - #191

His theme (or, one of his primary themes) is being metaphysically huge. His title is the Black Boar that Twists the Skies, not the Fatass Boar that's Totally Doing Szoreny (although he is totally doing Szoreny).
    Yeah, and I have no problem with that. For whatever reason, though, he's been stated at least once to also be about being physically huge, which is silly because a boar, no matter how massive (seeing as how it's an unrelated quality altogether), simply is smaller than the vast majority of yozis who are geography.

Quote Originally Posted by Story Time View Post
    Hey, any productivity is better than arguing in a thread! Of course, I'm allergic to Yozi, but that's beside the point. Will there be a PDF document?
    Maybe once I get an entire set other than the dancing CMA done.

12. - Top - End - #192

Quote Originally Posted by Gensh View Post
    Yeah, and I have no problem with that. For whatever reason, though, he's been stated at least once to also be about being physically huge, which is silly because a boar, no matter how massive (seeing as how it's an unrelated quality altogether), simply is smaller than the vast majority of yozis who are geography.
    Maybe once I get an entire set other than the dancing CMA done.
    I think it's just like how the Ebon Dragon is in fact a Dragon, so the Black Boar is in fact a boar. It is a bit odd compared to the Sea, the City, the Forest, and the Desert, but ShWLIHN is just a bunch of spheres, which usually fit within the forest, and Adorjan and Hegra are both pieces of weather.
    Although Isidoros, admittedly, probably has some other jouten, the Boar that he is is just a relatively small jouten (And he can in fact change his size, although he is always massive and dirupting literally as well as metaphorically, as I understand it). They have a whole range of sizes.
    Cecylene (Infinite) > Malfeas (All of hell) > Kimbery (Water in hell) > Szoreny (One forest on one shoreline in hell) > ShWLIHN (A bunch of spheres in a forest on a shore) > Isidoros (A Boar in a forest) ~= ED (a Dragon in the sky)
    And to be honest, I'm not too sure about the size of a gust of wind or a tropical storm.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

I...think that the current theory is that no brain is required for a consciousness. All one really needs is the ability to shape Essence and one could probably attach any number of consciousnesses to, or into, a body.
    bah. if the Ebon Dragon/The Dragon's Shadow is any indication, you don't even need to exist to have consciousness.
    just ability to shape essence, you can literally not exist yet still influence the world and have a body because you shape essence. Exalted physics is weird.

and guess what? there are probably more nonexistent things in the Wyld from where the Dragon's Shadow came from.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so. The Emissary. Best fan theories about him. I personally like the theory that he's our missing primordial and that's why Jacint was able to recognize and pressure him. Also explains why (by and large) he's set up such a weird system of government: it's in his first excellency to pursue excellence that way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Like Unshaped is an existence that doesn't exist ?
    Last edited by Rikandur Azebol; 2011-10-12 at 10:11 AM.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

16. - Top - End - #196

...existence is not a measurement identified by the Loom of Fate. Existence is measured by the presence of Essence, of any sort, in a stable pattern. This means that the writhing chaos of the Deep Wyld, assuming it does work that way, is not alive or a form of existence.

Sapience then, in Exalted, is a pattern or collection of patterns of Essence which is capable of recognizing all of its constituent parts. Therefore, Deep Wyld storms are not alive and given distinction from powerful unshaped raksha.

Now...if we could just get the mechanics to reflect that descriptory theory I'd be much more happy.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Okay, so. The Emissary. Best fan theories about him. I personally like the theory that he's our missing primordial and that's why Jacint was able to recognize and pressure him.
    I'd always liked the First Age Solar Survivor shtick. It's probably not popular, but that was my first impression when I read the material.

17. - Top - End - #197

Okay, so. The Emissary. Best fan theories about him.
    I like the one where he's actually a group of young Lunars and Sidereals mucking around, just because of the sheer amount of facepalm that would happen after the reveal. I haven't decided what I'm going to do in my current game, but it probably won't be that or First Age survivor, seeing how there's already one of those running around in my Creation.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Emissary ? Simple. It's one of Meschlum's assumptions.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    and guess what? there are probably more nonexistent things in the Wyld from where the Dragon's Shadow came from.
    Well there is that Shinma who defines the principle of existing, so you're right about that.

(And yes, existence doesn't hinge on the Loom. Existence is a Shinmaic principle, like Conflict, Distance or Identity.)
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2011-10-12 at 12:45 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

20. - Top - End - #200

Okay, so. The Emissary. Best fan theories about him. I personally like the theory that he's our missing primordial and that's why Jacint was able to recognize and pressure him. Also explains why (by and large) he's set up such a weird system of government: it's in his first excellency to pursue excellence that way.
    Aren't there two surviving primordials? (Besides Auto and Gaia, that is). Or has something happened to one of them? I haven't read Scavenger Lands (Or whatever Nexus is in), as I don't have it, but I wondered about that.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

One of them (affectionately nicknamed 'Chungira') reforged itself to shed all themes not related to combat, started the Aftershock War, and then got killed.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Aren't there two surviving primordials? (Besides Auto and Gaia, that is). Or has something happened to one of them? I haven't read Scavenger Lands (Or whatever Nexus is in), as I don't have it, but I wondered about that.
    http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/i...of_Primordials
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    There are an undetermined number of Primordials that left after the creation, of uh, Creation. One of them came back and Sol murdered his face off.

So there could be any number of them out there.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

I love open ended settings.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

25. - Top - End - #205

Now see...when I read that post I hear an under-lying sub-text, real or not, that suggests the existence of a yet unknown Primordial named Norlix that likes ponies, androgeny, chocolate, games, and pointy or sharp objects which might resemble swords.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Now see...when I read that post I hear an under-lying sub-text, real or not, that suggests the existence of a yet unknown Primordial named Norlix that likes ponies, androgeny, chocolate, games, and pointy or sharp objects which might resemble swords.
    This sounds like a reasonable reading!
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-10-12 at 05:50 PM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    Only because they decided not to give the Primordials Motivations. Another case of not quite thinking things through when making the Makers of Creation. Besides, what's the functional difference between a Motivation and an Urge?
    Actually it's only the Ebon Dragon who doesn't have a Motivation.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Yes Lix, everyone knows your primordial sized ego is almost as big as mine.

I know that there is an unknown Primordial who likes having a large ego, mad science, Icefire, Creativity, calmness, imperfection and balance myself….
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2011-10-12 at 08:43 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Actually it's only the Ebon Dragon who doesn't have a Motivation.
    Oh, yeah, I can't believe I completely forgot about that. Ebby has a Charm that cuts off his Motivation. Transhumanism ahoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto
    One of them (affectionately nicknamed 'Chungira') reforged itself to shed all themes not related to combat, started the Aftershock War, and then got killed.
    "Got killed" is kind of a disservice to Ramethus. It single-handedly fought the entire Deliberative for over a century.

Probably why I find one of the most horrifying endings brought up in RotSE to be the one where Ebby loses, but remains free and alive, and runs off to do what Ramethus did. Can you imagine what he could do?
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2011-10-12 at 09:37 PM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Can you imagine what he could do?
    Depending on which freelancer you ask, either something really cool, or absolutely nothing of note because grimdarkness.