New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    ((OOC:What about the person outside with them?))
    ((OOC: He could hear too if he really wanted to. It'd be kind of redundant as none of that statement was directed towards him, but he could. ))
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ettin in the Playground

"Absolutely. Now get in here; I need to take your measurements."

'Here' in this case was a changing booth inside the boutique. Kin danced inside first, holding a tape measure she'd grabbed on the way through, and beckoned Krystal to follow. Thanks to the extravagance of School Garden the booth was large enough to fit the two of them in it, with room to spare.

3. - Top - End - #513

Krystal obeys, dropping her bag once inside. So it doesn't get in the way.

While Kin takes the measurements, Krystal goes ahead and decides to ask something else she was thinking of.

Hey, Kin...I don't know if you follow American comics or not, but...well...heroes tend to team up a lit. So, I was thinking...maybe you'd like to do this too?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground

Rather than reacting with her trademark exuberance, Kin simply stared up at Krystal in honest confusion; A long way up, as it happened, because she was kneeling down and measuring the other girl's inside leg at the time. When she answered, it was in a very quizzical tone which seemed unsure about exactly what it was answering.

"What do you mean 'maybe'? Of course we'll be doing this together! You didn't really think I'd leave you to fight injustice all on your own, did you?"

5. - Top - End - #515

Krystal smiles. Well, I just wanted to be sure. Can't hurt to ask, right?

Course, that means we need a costume for you. And a name.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

"And a voice; And a walk; And a mood. If we're going to do this, we might as well do it *hrk* properly."

This grunt was accompanied by a tug on Krystal's leg; Apparently Kin was having a little trouble removing her hand from it. After a few more unsuccessful attempts she got herself loose, and proceeded to stand up and brush herself off as if nothing had happened, before moving on to measuring Krystal's waist.

"Hey, I just realised: Here we are, having taken the opportunity to toss away our masks, and what's the first thing we do? Start designing new ones. Now that's some top class irony."

7. - Top - End - #517

Krystal glances down at the leg pulling, and inwardly sighs.

She chuckles at Kin's observation. Yeah, but we're choosing these ones.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

"Exactly. The best masks are the ones which are as real to us as our own faces."

A flurry of further measurements followed, interspersed with occasional scribbling. With the amount of data which Kin gathered, it was easy to imagine that she'd been commissioned to make a 3D replica of Krystal, rather than just a costume for her to wear. At long last her examination ended, having catalogued the other girl's figure in every way that wouldn't result in a restraining order. As she'd said before, Kin believed that if a job was worth doing, it was worth doing well. And while school work didn't fall under her definition of 'worth doing', sewing a friend's perfect superhero costume definitely did.

"Done, done and done. Now all we need is a willing telepath to pluck that costume's image out of your brain and put it into mine; Or, failing that, a few good sketches."

9. - Top - End - #519

Krystal gets an idea. I'm not great at sketching, but... She opens her bag and pulls out a few comics. I got some reference material right here. She grins again.

Before I go through these, do you have any ideas?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

"For mine? A few metric tons' worth. For yours? None whatsoever. That's the way it's meant to be. I'm just a vessel into which you shall pour the results of your ruminations so that they might be given form."

For all the lighthearted way in which Kin spoke, there was a sense that her words came from the heart. She crowded in beside Krystal so that they'd both be able to see the comics from the same angle, and waited eagerly for their important design session to begin.

11. - Top - End - #521

Krystal smiles. Okay then.

She'll start showing Kin different characters whose costumes she likes, and talks about combining elements of them.

((I'd give links to pictures for better reference, but I'm posting from my phone right now, which isn't link friendly.))

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin of course paid rapt attention during all this. She hung on every word and gesture as if memorising each of them was essential to success. Every so often she'd ask for clarification on some point, with not even the most minor of ambiguities escaping unchallenged. And all the time the sound of scribbling could be heard in the background, as she filled page after virtual page of her palmtop computer with notes and drawings.

This cross examination would continue for as long as Krystal wanted. As far as Kin was concerned, they could spend the entire day sitting in this booth if that's what it took to get the design exactly right.

13. - Top - End - #523

After a while, Krystal closes the comic and looks to Kin.

So, yeah. That's it. Sound good to you?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin's hand paused in mid-scribble, along with the rest of her.

"W-we're done? Uh, yes, okay, that should be...enough..."

She hesitated. For some reason Kin suddenly looked a little apprehensive. While she busied herself with putting away her palmtop and prying the stylus off her hand (which had somehow become stuck there), she kept glancing down at the closed comic and then back up to Krystal. Finally she mustered up the nerve to speak.

"It's just...How can I be sure that I'm going to get it right? No matter how much we talk about the design, I can't shake this feeling that my version of the costume isn't going to match the one in your head. Maybe we should have tracked down a telepath after all..."

15. - Top - End - #525

Krystal smiles, and gives her new friend a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

Don't worry, Kin. You'll do fine. I have faith in you.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

16. - Top - End - #526
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carver was in a very cramped place.

He had no idea why or how, he just was, in fact he couldn't remember anything of recent events. That is certainly worrysome. He looks around it just seems to be a fairly cramped area for someone his size and from what he sees around him in the very dim light of his phone it appears he's in a ceiling.

"Ok then, this is certainly odd, where the crap am I."

He looks at the ceiling he's laying on and sees that it's made of removeable sections. Decideing nothing ventured is nothing gained he pulls up the section nearest to him and pops his head in.

With his head poking into the room he sees to young women aparently measureing each other and talking about something.

With a smirk he decides to have some fun, what good were awkward situations if you couldn't?

He says with a completely straight face looking around.

"Well this certainly isn't the magical land of cornwood now is it?" Looking at the two girls he asks "Do either of you know where I am right now?"
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2011-11-19 at 12:33 PM.
    There is good, there is Evil, and someplace inbetween.

The main difference is Evil is much more fun.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal smiles, and gives her new friend a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

Don't worry, Kin. You'll do fine. I have faith in you.
    "Fine isn't good enough, but thanks."

Krystal's vote of confidence hadn't done much to assuage Kin's doubts. When it came to this sort of thing, she was her own harshest critic. She was just opening her mouth to ask where they should go next, when:

Quote Originally Posted by Cole10000 View Post
    "Well this certainly isn't the magical land of cornwood now is it?" Looking at the two girls he asks "Do either of you know where I am right now?"
    Kin froze. Not unnaturally, the sound of a male voice calling out from the ceiling of a girls' changing booth was not something she'd been expecting. Without looking up, she replied to the mysterious interloper in what she hoped was a forceful tone.

"Y-yes, you're in a place where you definitely shouldn't be. And before you go any further, you should know that we're both skilled Espers and quite capable of defending ourselves."

18. - Top - End - #528
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carver respectfully looks the other way and says

"Yeah I kind of guessed that by now, but the truth is I really want to know where I am right now. I have no idea how I got here or why I was in the ceiling.

Carver pauses for a moment before adding.

"Oh, and the esper thing really isn't much of a threat, considering I'm a level four myself. For I am Carver... Lord of eyes! Do you like that name? I've been trying to come up with a new alias for myself and lord of eyes sounds good."

The two girls would most likely be baffled by the sheer odity of how Carver is attempting to hold a conversatin with his head sticking out of the ceiling. If they pay close attention however they would see that he is a young foreign man wearing an Azabu uniform with oddly a shade of deep blue hair.
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2011-11-19 at 02:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ettin in the Playground

If they'd met under normal circumstances, Kin might have got along well with this stranger. He was confident, unconventional and had a flair for the ridiculous. He even seemed to be creating a larger than life persona for himself, just like she and Krystal were. All things considered, they had quite a bit in common. Unfortunately, instead of crossing paths in a nice cafe somewhere, they'd met in a way that practically guaranteed a first impression of 'creepy ceiling pervert'.

"You're in one of School Garden's many boutiques. As for the alias, I don't like critiquing self expression. Now will you please get out of here?"

20. - Top - End - #530

Krystal was surprised by Carved's sudden appearance, of course. I mean, who wouldn't be?

So, she doesn't really have a response to his self title.

Yeah...you should probably not be there. Like, at all.

Carver should be able to tell that Krystal is also foreign. American, based on her looks.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #531
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carver nods with gratitude and says

"Thank you, now if you'll just excuse me."

As he says this Carver does something that surprises even himself. He somehow manages to jump down from the ceiling without landing on either of them, but also puts the ceiling tile back at the same time.

As he jumps to the floor both the girls are able to fully take in Carver's full body, not just the head. They see he looks to be fairly tall with blue hair as mentioned earlier.He also wears an Azabu academy uniform, and seems to be wearing a judgement band ((or whatever they're called))

In fact the two of them might even recognise him from the times he's obsconded with one of the lunches from Tokiwadai. One incident in particular he had been chased around the campas while screaming "Oh come on, the lunches here are so much better what do you expect me to do?"

but what catches their attention the most is the fact he has what appears to be finely crafted european longsword strapped to his hip.

"Sorry for the interuption, but if you'll excuse me I'm fairly hungry right now."

With that he walks out eliciting several curious glances from the patrons.
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2011-11-19 at 07:42 PM.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin jumped back against the wall as she saw Carver coming down, then braced for impact. When it failed to come she cautiously opened one eye and found him standing in their midst with barely a hair out of place. She took him in with a long, sweeping look which barely gave any time to his uniform or judgement band, and instead lingered on his face and the sword he wore. Not bad; Not bad at all. When she was sure he was gone, Kin turned to Krystal and let her face relax into a smirk.

"Okay, I have to admit: That was rather impressive. For a ceiling voyeur he has a surprising amount of charisma."

23. - Top - End - #533

Krystal also backed out of the way, though she kept her eyes open. She watched him leave, and was still staring through the door when Kin commented on him. Krystal nodded slightly. Yeah, I guess. I was just gonna call him strange.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #534
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ignoreing the many stares he recieves he walks out of the store and looks around. Seeing an area he knows moderately well he procedes to head toward the nearest eatery, wich happens to a small coffe shop next to the botique.

Carver sits down and orders some food and a cup of coffee. While he eats he tries to remember what happened. It had to be something big for him to get out the sword his Father gave him, and he doesn't even remember when he died his hair, although he does to that often.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin's smirk grew wider.

"As opposed to perfectly normal people like us? Strange is relative. Observe..."

With that she dramatically pushed the booth's door open, to reveal that every eye in the shop was now fixed upon them. Kin gave the assembled staff and patrons a jaunty look, before casually sauntering to the counter. She then proceeded to buy an expensive outfit and unabashedly walk out the door, presumably with Krystal in tow. Once outside, she turned to see how her friend was handling all that intense scrutiny.

"From their perspective we were very strange indeed. Can you imagine what they think we were doing in there?"
    Last edited by Anyr; 2011-11-19 at 09:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #536

Krystal didn't appear to be bothered too much by the patrons' looks.

She shrugs. Not really, no.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #537
    Dwarf in the Playground

All of a sudden they hear a shout coming from a nearby Cafe

"Well I have a few Ideas, wanna hear 'em?"

If they turn to look toward the noise they'll see Carver sitting there enjoying a cup of coffee waving with a wide grin on his face.
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2011-11-19 at 09:13 PM.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin raised an eyebrow at Krystal's indifference. She'd been expecting more embarrassment from someone so concerned with public protocol. Thanks to Carver, though, she didn't get the chance to compliment her friend on this commendable display. She turned to look at him, but didn't make any move to come closer.

"Well of course you can guess; You were there!"

29. - Top - End - #539

Krystal leans around Kin to see who shouted. And sighs when she sees Carver.

Oh, it's the loon again.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #540
    Dwarf in the Playground

Folding his arms Carver pouts and says.

"Well that's not very nice now is it. I could have been alot loonier though. Still can too, so don't push me. Oh, and annoying I'm good at that too."

Putting a straight face back on he gestures to the open seats.

"Would you mind sitting down for a minute, I'd like to treat you to something after that little incident. I would at least like to learn the names of two lovely ladies such as yourselves... Well that and I really don't like eating by myself."