New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Wings of Twilight

My debut novel, Wings of Twilight, should be available for purchase on Amazon.com in both print and e-book by October 17th! The e-book will be $2.99, the print edition will be $13.99.

Wings of Twilight is a fast-paced, fun, fantasy story set in a world rich w/mythic history featuring a new take on romance, heroes & monsters.

For centuries, Twilight Dungeon has attracted treasure seekers and glory hounds to its depths. No one has ever returned.

Lord Strom Lightbringer, a crusader dedicated to stamping out wickedness, and his companions now seek the dungeon, convinced it is a den of evil. They believe they can cleanse the world of the taint within and claim the fabled treasure for themselves. Only Sarvesh, leader of the monstrous guardians of the dungeon, stands in their way, convinced he must repel the surface invaders from the only home he has.

Cover art by Rowena Aitken
    Maps by Jonathan Roberts

Who knows? I might bring a few copies to Gary Con (I know I'd certainly give one to Gary Gygax if he were still alive; I wouldn't be writing fantasy if I hadn't started playing D&D back in '82).

I wrote Wings of Twilight last November during NaNoWriMo. My wife proofread and edited the first draft from December - January (or so), then after I made those corrections, I paid a professional editor to go over the manuscript while I hired artists. Turnaround on the editing was much faster than I expected; had I know she'd have it for less than a month, I would have told them I wanted to start on the art BEFORE Gen Con, not after (especially since Rowen Aitken is currently recovering from a wrist injury sustained just before starting my art).

Hopefully, some people will enjoy it. I also might be able to swing a few complimentary review copies...for people who intend to review it for a magazine or website.
    Last edited by JediSoth; 2011-10-06 at 11:25 AM.
    JediSoth
    Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author, Gamer, Foodie
    Doctor StrangeRoll or How I learned to stop worrying and love all D&D

"The quality of our legacy is measured in the lives we touch."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Wings of Twilight

I love new takes on traditional fantasy cliches. There aren't nearly enough writers who go outside the traditional norms of good and evil. I will definitely be looking your book up when I next go looking for reading material. Good Luck!
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks intresting at least.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

4. - Top - End - #4

I put a product page with links to the electronic editions on my website:
    Wings of Twilight Product Page

I actually got all the work done early, so it's available for purchase now!

Unless you want the print edition. Waiting on proofs for review on that one. Probably another week or two to go due to the slowness of having it printed, mailed, reviewed, mailed back, etc.
    JediSoth

5. - Top - End - #5

While I realize the unlikelihood of anyone waiting with baited breath until the print version is available, if you don't mind ordering it directly, the Print Edition is now available from CreateSpace.

It will be more widely available, but it takes time to work its way through the distribution network. I'm told about a week until it hits Amazon.com, longer, perhaps even up to six weeks before you can get it from places like Barnes & Noble.
    JediSoth