New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VI

[Eastside - Light's Heart]

Takara smiles. "It is a good thing reality told this story, then, and not you, for this story is true. I saw it with my own two eyes." She deliberately does not answer the demon's question about Genesis, at least for now.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Wellspring Tower - Library]

"Oh, um, I think I can quickly make a copy for you..."
    Sigrun offers, fetching a piece of paper and a quill. It's a fairly simple map, and Sigrun seem pretty quick and accurate- besides, she can answer questions while she writes it out.

"The Church of Telasur has been here a while, about a year, but I honestly don't know what they stand for." Admits Sigrun. "They're not particularly loud about what they do- I do know they've offered a little charity, and made the dam, but that's about it."
    "Huh. Do we have money to buy it with, or do we only have our wits and personal skills?"

Cause we have wits, but the personal skills...

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Exbourne - A Room of Rot's Own]

"Excellent. Let me get started then." Lavthos approaches Rot and then gently puts his right claw against rot's ear.

What the others might not see is that his palm opens up revealing a maw which will extend into a mouth that will start go into rots ear and towards his brain.
    It's able to effectively dig through him to get there while the rest of the maw feeds upon the blood which would have sprouted through the eat by now. Once it's there it will release a web of jelly-fish like nerve threads which will infect the brain.

If there is nothing preventing this Lavthos will start to feed off Rot's memories, specifically the ones involving the ones where he keeps his coffin.

The demon is silent for a moment until asking, "I'm not one to disregard a good act but your queen took a risk and won. If she is as wise as you claim she is, it must have been a calculated one. However, you still haven't answered my question, why did your queen send you here? WHy are you telling me this story?"

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

"I was not sent here. I came here of my own initiative and will. And I told you that story because it is why I do not doubt my Queen, and know that she is no tyrant."

5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground

Oh. Well there's some trouble with that. Rot's actual physical brain isn't really... working. At all. The nervous connection fails, but the inherit magic in such a procedure lets Lavthos tap into the vampire's consciousness. Which is trapped and paralyzed by the stake at the moment.

Pure rage is the first thing Lavthos finds in Rot's fragmented memories. The anger is undirected, since the vampire's not conscious when he's staked, but it's still very powerful. A boiling hunger lies under the hatred. If Lavthos has no defenses prepared, he might well be overpowered or influenced by the emotion.

Rot's actual memories are jumbled and confusing, most of them dulled by sheer hunger and bloodlust. The starkest ones are the memories of the vampire's many feasts on blood. Luckily, the memory Lavthos is searching for happened quite soon after a meal. Admittedly, a bad-tasting henchman meal, but one that took an edge off the hunger anyway. It may be a bit hard to find at first, since the vampire did not actually move the coffin himself. Rather, he made a call to have it moved... to a certain mansion Outside, known by no official name, but said to be Most Definitely Not Suspicious or Haunted. Said to be by the monsters of course, as the grim humor accompanying the recollection tells.
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2011-10-26 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #306

The procedure itself is magical in nature actually despite it's rather physical display.
    Lavathos feeds on memories, he have feed from other creatures much like Rot with only hate, anger and hunger as their driving force. He's used to it by now, it's his food after all. His mind is perfectly adaptable on feeding memories of any kind.

Now he searches for more memories about the manor, possibly including the way there.

"So you have faith, very well. If you believe she guides you as the burning light guides me I think we may have something in common. If you talk to your queen again, tell her that the burning light salute her fair spirit and will support her work, but it does not serve her." He pauses a moment.

"As you have given your name, I should surrender mine. I am Tarim of the burning light."

7. - Top - End - #307
    Orc in the Playground

Eventually, Lavathos will find those memories. Rot's had some good times at the mansion. Lots of people killed and such.

Actual directions to the mansion are not in his memories. Rather, the actual journey from AMEN, dodging around some rivers because he can't cross them, and then the winding dirt trail through a dark and leafless forest are what Lavathos will find. To actually pinpoint it's location in the Nexus and get real directions, one would have to know a bit about Outside and the layout of the land. Of course, Lavathos is blind...

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Takara bows from the waist. "Thank you for your time, and your consideration, Tarim." Goodness, Tarin, Tarim, Tirin... how confusing. "I will now take my leave. Again, thank you."

9. - Top - End - #309

And he's never been much outside riverside anyway. Unless you count the world he's from of course.

Seeing nothing of further value for now, he speaks out loud. "He recalls a manor in outside. Ironically said not to be suspicious or haunted at all. Likely near a village where such rumors could spread. The directions are a bit hard to read however as most of them are based of visuals which is unfortunately a sense I lack." He pauses. "I could give the memories to someone else but, ah, they might be hurt in the process." He turns to Ramiro, "So anything else I should look for while I'm inside?"

[Light's Heart]

"Faith inspires me and if you truly have this much faith in this queen of yours then perhaps she have done good here. We will see, I sincerely hope your faith in her will be rewarded in the end." The demon replies.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-10-26 at 09:35 PM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Cent Street

"I'm afraid I don't know much, I have very little knowledge. Sorry." Derros says nervously, biting his fingers and nibbling at the fake fur on them. "I- I was hired just yesterday, I'm a musician, I play music, I was supposed to go around telling people about the carnival. At first, everything was normal, but just a few hours everyone suddenly fell asleep, just went to sleep all of a sudden. Then everything started going wrong, cars were crashing everywhere, people dying, a fire broke out just a little ways away from where I was, so I ran back here and hid. All the other carnival workers are gone, I think they're inside the big tent... A little bit ago I saw, saw something drag two people into there." Darros's feet never stop moving as he talks, tapping at the pavement as if he's just waiting for a chance to run, or expecting to be attacked At any moment. Or maybe both.

Meanwhile, the assembled questants might spot a very definitely awake figure on one of the nearby roofs, a short, squat little creature like a goblin, although it's hard to discern any details over such a distance. What is quite obvious, however, is that the creature has some sort of weapon and is about to open fire.
    ((Oh crap, I forgot about this.))

[Cent Street]

If she does see the creature, she doesn't respond to it. Takara does not move an inch as she regards the man's story. "Interesting... and why are you lingering here, if such danger awaits you? Why have you not sought out help?"

___

[Light's Heart]

Takara takes her leave, returning to Wellspring Tower.
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2011-10-26 at 09:42 PM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Halfling in the Playground

Herald's Hideout

Orrey gives Zefir a glance. "Hey, if Danny stays, he stays. He's good at blowing **** up. Just try not to step on his toes." The thug looks back at their equipment. He sighs, holstering his gun and walking towards the mess. "You kids up for some highway robbery?"

Eastside Hospital Site

Upon seeing what appears to be a summoning circle, Teq's hand disappears into his coat. With the garment pushed aside, the hilt of a sword can be seen.

Otherwise, he does nothing. The soldier's merely here to capture a ghost or two. Not take down an entire cult.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-10-26 at 10:27 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #312
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Wellspring Tower - River of Shadows]

[Tony]

I'll see what I can do then. Where may I find you, when I am ready? Would you prefer to stay here?
    Here would be great, and I think most of us will agree to stay here. he thinks to Genesis, before retreating further into his mind - further than it would be polite for Genesis to go without permission, certainly - before re-emerging. It probably won't be a problem, but if I start speaking in a Russian accent, can you hold me here, please?
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Ramiro nods. "I don't believe we need any more information." He turns to Vino. "Unless you have any suggestions?"

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

[Cent Street]

The Hunters do notice the creature and the short, stocky one steps forward, trying to slowly approach Takara. Once there, he erects an invisible force field between the creature and Takara. The scrawny bearded leader of the trio raises his gun and aims it at the creature.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #315

Herald's Hideout

"Yeah don't do that."
    Zefir comments the last sentence from Orrey about him.

The glare and glance got ignored from him. He don't thinks orrey has in any case a reason to be angry. Without him he may have ebded dead and since these guys don't really accept him Zefir will be the only one who offers orrey some backup.

[Eastside Backstreet]

In another Backstreet, now at the southern end appears this strange Fog again. And another poor prople will robbed out while going throught the Fog.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #316
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

She might recognise it; it was in the chest with the manacles, whip and catgirl underwear. It was 'palpably evil' then, too.

Defelent grins. "Excellent. Please, follow me." Defelent will then lead Naethalee down to the altar room, the chamber with two doors leading to the front garden of the houses the Temple is disguised as. The altar room is huge, stretching right across both houses, but it's sparsely used; most of the pews are empty, and most of those which aren't have just one or two people sitting on them. Despite being here for four threads, the Temple is secretive and doesn't want to be located by the other religions of Riverside; therefore, there's not been many converts as the priests made sure that the potential converts were trustworthy before converting them.

Defelent walks up to the front of the altar room, and stands behind the altar, a stone block carved with a large two-tailed scorpion symbol and bearing a gold idol of a centipede-like being with the head and mandibles of a stag beetle, three scorpion tails and praying mantis claws. He leads the prayers, thanking Dalachrech for sparing those gathered here from the giant mosquitoes which are found in parts of Eastside, and asking for a good harvest of honey for the beehive in the Temple's back garden, amongst the occasional prayer in Abyssal; they ask Dalachrech to ensure the Burning Light remains unaware of their presence, as well as the Cult of Skaal. It also asks for aid in the giant mosquito's lifespan, for they aren't as established as Defelent would like. Defelent keeps surreptitiously glancing at Naethalee, assessing how she's taking the information.

Naethalee will likely discover the following information about Dalachrech's dogma: Dalachrech doesn't like people killing invertebrates unless their life depends on it, and would prefer people to avoid areas prone to hostile invertebrates rather than try and tame them- so that's avoiding the cultivation of locust-prone areas and not living near swamps. Dalachrech will help His followers by diverting locust swarms from their crops and ensuring a bumper year for mosquito-eating invertebrates, but He prefers to let insects do as they will without His guidance away from human lands. Other than that, though, there's few prohibitions, apart from the obvious 'respect the clergy' and 'do not harm your fellow worshippers'.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #317
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower]

Wits and personal skills are certainly useful!

"Buying a share in the control of the dam would probably be the easiest way to go. I'm sure Lady Genesis could spin gold out of dreams or something without much trouble."

Amil scrunches her lips off to the side a bit.

"Though whether or not this church is willing to take it is another matter..."

Hmmm...

"Church of Telasur... I can't say that I've ever heard of them either. Though if they've only been active here in Riverside I can understand why. I never spent much time over here."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

[Temple of Dalachrech

She does recognize it. But says nothing!

And she follows Defelent, silent, watching quietly as she absorbs the service. She files away the names of the Burning Light and of Skaal, respectfully bowing her head at the proper times in recognition of the Lord of the Flies' (as the irreverent part of her mind can't help but think of him) domain.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #319

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Eastside - Hospital Site]

Estella looks at the gate uncertainly. She's out of her depth here. "I suppose I could see if there's any spirit activity around it." The young woman goes p to the gate and kneels before it. She produces a blue piece of chalk and scrawls a series of runes. The intended effect is to pick up on spirit activity within the last week, and especially now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post

Cierra stands back and lets Estella work. "There's not much a can think to try, but if it is a gate, we should be careful."

As the runes are scribbled down, they start to glow, revealing that there have been a ever fading spirit activity within the room for the last week inside this room. It also seems like the runes around the gate are reacting to Estella's runes, glowing with spirit activity.

If she looks at them closely however she can see that they are very slowly fading.

"Interesting." Edward says as he looks at the spectacle, "Is that supposed to happen?"

"As you wish." Lavthos replies, withdrawing the mouth from Rot's brain, probably leaving the vampire with a number of memory lapses which can be determined by his player.

"Was the information in any way useful to you?" He asks once he left Rot's brain (both physical and magical) alone, smiling a bit.

[Riverside - Skies]

Cessie comes flying with her husband over Riverside. "So I suppose you should introduce me once we arrive. Anything else you might want to mention before we arrive?"

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riverside - Skies]

Harnel shakes his head, "I'm not sure, honestly. I don't think so, but just be prepared for things to be a bit weird, I suppose."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

21. - Top - End - #321

[Riverside - Skies==> Wellspring Tower]

"Very well, let's just deal with it as it comes then." She replies before they descend to the entrance of wellspring, assuming they are greeted there by someone.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Ramiro nods. "I don't believe we need any more information." He turns to Vino. "Unless you have any suggestions?"
    Unfortunately, SC's guy withdrew his mind-mouth before HT realized there was a post here for her to respond to, or Vino might have suggested trying to verify that coffin destruction was the way to perma-kill Rot. Assuming Rot even knows.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

[???]

The man is thrown! And flies right through the door, colliding with Fredrick. Both men fall in a heap and the door stops moving. Seems it needs someone there to keep it closing. Cutter definitely has time to get through now.
    ???

Cutter dashes through the gap and looks for the control. If he's able to find it, he'll try to close the door the rest of the way, ignoring everything else in the meantime.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower]

A tall woman in a blue robe pauses just before the door to the tower proper as she sees two people descending towards the court yard. She turns and regards them lightly, her bright blue eyes seeming curious but not overly so. She walks towards them, and bows slightly before them, a strand of sandy colored blonde hair slipping out of place to flop against the deeply tanned skin of her forehead, the same tone as that on the rest of her body. "Greetings, and welcome to the Wellspring Court. I extend our hospitality to you, and hope that you will find it pleasing. I am Takara, Lady of Rings. May I ask your names, and what you seek here?"

[Eastside Hospital]

Cierra continues to watch and wait for a moment.
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2011-10-28 at 07:59 AM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

As the runes are scribbled down, they start to glow, revealing that there have been a ever fading spirit activity within the room for the last week inside this room. It also seems like the runes around the gate are reacting to Estella's runes, glowing with spirit activity.

If she looks at them closely however she can see that they are very slowly fading.

"Interesting." Edward says as he looks at the spectacle, "Is that supposed to happen?"

"I think so." Estella pulls out a note pad and quickly starts drawing the gate runes as accurately as she can. These would need further study.

Once she's done, she addresses the group. "These runes definitely have something to do with the spirit activity. I can't say exactly what, though."

[???]

The control is fairly simple, so Cutter will have little trouble. Though he might want to watch out when the two men stand up. The thrown man just runs for his life. He is out, time to make good his escape. Fredrick, on the other hand, produces a syringe, steps toward Cutter, and tries to stick it in the horror. If he can manage that, Cutter will have the same substance that disabled him days ago injected into his system.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-10-28 at 01:25 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Eastside Train Station

Chezzy will have no problems taking the hat, but as he picks it up, a stick of out dynamite tumbles out and rolls down the pile of coal, only a second or so from detonation. At nearly the same time, the invisible assailant leaps down from it's hidden perch atop the boxcar, trying to land on Cyrus and knock the planeswalker to the ground.
    If The Wolfman is Referred to as 'Chezzy' one more time, he'll Eat ThirdEmperor's FACE. He looks at the Explosive. "Arf?" He states. In order to make Chez less overpowered and Cliche, he now is Incapable of Human Speech and Regenerates Slower. He's also more weak to silver, now. But this Stick of Nitroglycerin shouldn't do much harm. Unless it's C3N3H5O9 + Ag, not C3N3H5O9.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    [Wellspring Tower]

A tall woman in a blue robe pauses just before the door to the tower proper as she sees two people descending towards the court yard. She turns and regards them lightly, her bright blue eyes seeming curious but not overly so. She walks towards them, and bows slightly before them, a strand of sandy colored blonde hair slipping out of place to flop against the deeply tanned skin of her forehead, the same tone as that on the rest of her body. "Greetings, and welcome to the Wellspring Court. I extend our hospitality to you, and hope that you will find it pleasing. I am Takara, Lady of Rings. May I ask your names, and what you seek here?"
    [Wellspring Tower]

"For the most part, we're here for a social visit," Harnel says, "I am Harnel Mithar, and this is my wife, Cessie. I have to say, this place is quite enchanting, isn't it? Like something right out of a story book."

Harnel is wearing a black outfit because it works with his scales. It's fit for his human heritage as high nobility.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower]

Takara gives an enigmatic smile, that doesn't have much mirth to it. "Not all faerie tales are enchanting, Mr. Mithar." She gestures towards the Tower. "So, you have already acquainted with the Queen of Rings, then? I can take you straight to her, if you'd like."

29. - Top - End - #329

[Wellspring Tower]

Cessie returns Takara's bow, "Yes, I understand my husband have been here before so he suggested we should pay another visit together. And I must agree with him, it's a truly lovely place."

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower]

"It would be appreciated, Takara. Her highness is honestly one of the most interesting people I've met here in the Nexus, and that's saying quite a bit." Harnel chuckles, smiling at Cessie.