New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VI

Temple of Dalachrech

"Congratulations, Milady. It would appear that Dalachrech sent the vision to invite you into His clergy. Would you like to accept the offer?" She could say no, but nobody has yet. And only one male character has actually received the vision, and one person has failed the first test of worthiness.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne - A Room of Rot's Own]

Durin springs up into a sitting position. His fangs are fully extended, puncturing his lower lip, his hands a twisted into claws, and his eyes are bloodshot and dilated. He clutches his head, digging his claws into his scalp and making unintelligible, guttural sounds.

As for the memories, I'll get that info to SC sometime soonish.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Congratulations, Milady. It would appear that Dalachrech sent the vision to invite you into His clergy. Would you like to accept the offer?" She could say no, but nobody has yet. And only one male character has actually received the vision, and one person has failed the first test of worthiness.
    Naethalee's eyes widen in surprise!
    "Oh...oh my goodness," she says, looking...remarkably uncertain for the first time since they met. "I...guess so?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #394
    Orc in the Playground

[Exbourne - Durin's Head]

Pain!

Danger! The living has a stake! Murder! Devour! Gnash! Kill!

The fragment of Rot is apparently using Durin's eyes and other senses. And is giving him advice. That can't be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

Exbourne - Rot's Room

"Durin, say something,"
    Vino warns.

Kill, devour, or gnash would not be good choices for the 'something'.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Wellspring Tower - Celestial Gardens]

"Dangerous? Shape is dangerous. Your land is dangerous. Here, I am safe, for pain is only a form of conflict, suffering is a test of character, and even death is but the end of a story. In your world, things end if rules are not adhered to." Genesis counters. "Perhaps this land is dangerous to you. Shape does not correspond well with unshaped. Forms may... unravel if exposed to true primordial chaos. But I have endeavored to make sure that is not the case here. This place, particularly in my presence, is no more danger to you than the entirety of your lives."

"Some call me fey. I would say that I am from the fair folk, I am a raksha." Genesis replies to Cessie. "Though saying I conform to your definition is amusing. But... perhaps I do now. I have touched upon your world, and some aspects of my being are defined now, shaped as you are shaped. No longer am I as mercurial as I once was."
    [Wellspring Tower - Celestial Garden]

Harnel nods, thinking about that for a moment, "You're the anchor then, but I'm willing to guess that what you're built here will exist even without your presence, right? I certainly hope so. This place is beautiful." he motions grandly towards the trees and the open area around them. He's never seen such a picturesque landscape.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lavthos slowly steps back a bit from Durin, as if to inspect a piece of art fully. "Might want to keep an extra eye on him, that piece seemed to have been especially unruly." He comments.

"Raksha?" Cessie replies with an thoughtful expression. "The word seems familiar, but I can't place it. Probably something that shares a name with your kind in my world. Fey usually don't have that good reputation in Hestopia but I'm glad to see such prejudices proven wrong here. Surely you do anything else then build though? I saw your charity work last time we where here."

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

"The anchor is the river itself, the design of the land. Only when that is significantly changed will the power of my design begin to fail, and I have taken steps to ensure that such will not happen." Genesis replies. "The protection my presence offers is of control over the area- either way the structure could fail, I could ensure your safety so long as you remained at my side."

"Do not think that all of the raksha are as hospitable as I." The Queen warns Cessie. "We are many formed and strange, and I am but one, and my identity is displeasing to them. There is a reason I choose to live apart from them, in the midst of a strange land that would tear me apart but for my will. Should you meet another of my kind, you would be wise to be cautious.
    "As for what I do, I am building my court here. A family, to replace those I have left, a small gathering who are willing to take further steps into what little of my world I can bring to them, while sharing their world with me."

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel nods, "You became a queen to ensure that the people of Riverside are helped then. Very admirable, I have to say; not many people take on power while wanting to take on the responsibility."

"Would it be possible for the pair of us to have a place in your court then? I'll need to speak with Cessie about it, as this is just an idea I've had now, but I think we can both agree that helping a city full of people is a worthy cause."

He looks at Cessie, wondering what her response will be to that. He hasn't discussed it with her, but is presenting the idea in such a way that it can be refuted by either of the women present.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Durin pushes back the urge to tear Vino's throat out. "I'll be fine. He's just... stronger than I expected." His speech is impaired somewhat by his lengthy fangs. He hasn't gathered the control to compose himself.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

Rot's Room

"He's older than you, isn't he?" Vino asks. "Maybe older than any of us."

Yes, he includes himself as part of the vampire population, even though he's still mortal. I imagine the vampires see him sort of as an upstart teenager who thinks he's a man.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #402
    Orc in the Playground

[Exbourne - Durin's Head]

Graaaah!

Rot is frustrated Durin didn't listen to his sound advice.

He doesn't give any more coherent commands, though the mind-vampire does send waves of searing rage and hollow hunger at his "captor".

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #403

Cessie glances at Harnel, couldn't he have been slightly more discreet about things like that?

The mage nods "We'll have to talk about it." She already knew the answer though, she didn't want to join up anything else at the moment. Least of all another court, while she liked Genesis such decisions felt far too rushed.

"Anyhow, perhaps you could show us around?"

"As long as he's another person in your head you should be able to resist him. You should start worrying if it feels like he's becoming a part of you though. In fact, I would advise you to contact me once you managed to destroy him fully." Lavthos says, taking out a contact card which he offers to Durin.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Durin takes the card after a moment of internal struggle. "He must be. He's... very bloodthirsty."

"Can you contain him, Durin?" Ramiro asks, perhaps with the slightest touch of concern.

"Yes, Ramiro. I can." The drowpire says and stands. His fangs and claws are retracting, but not all the way just yet. Blood runs freely from his torn scalp.

[Facility - Eastside]

Fredrick answers quickly. A bit too quickly, in fact. "No. We hadn't had the chance to move against her yet."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-10-31 at 09:15 PM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

((Shadowcaller, I think you need to post for the hospital. Murkus, Ghar, and I have each given our responses.))

16. - Top - End - #406

Eastside - Hospital Site

Edward sniffs in the air as well, "That's strange..."

As Teq looks out the hall he can see seemingly real smoke rising from the floors below. It sticks in his nose but is still fairly light and easy to see through.

It's defiantly the product of combustion however.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

[Eastside - Hospital Site]

In the process of looking for the source of the smell, Cierra sticks her head out into the hallway, too, and her eyes widen. "Fire! We can't stay here. If it spreads..." Cierra did not want to become one of the victims of a repeat of the original disaster.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Hospital Site]

"A fire?" Estella says, moving to look as well. "It might be like what I saw before when I looked out the window." She doesn't sound completely sure, however.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Halfling in the Playground

((By the way, Neon, I posted for Tony's Teas recently in Mallside))

Eastside - Hospital Site

"Real or not, we should go. Is there a fire escape? Or another way down?"

Eastside

Hours later, getting on into the late hours of the evening, Teq reemerges and makes his way down the street. He's fast, and occasionally checks his back to ensure he's not being followed. Paranoid fellow. Still, he's not being too thorough, given that he has no reason to suspect a tail tonight.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #410

[Eastside Backstreet]

Again the strange Fog appears in the south part of Eastside. The does the same thing as it has done befor. It covers the backstreet so noone could see insoide of it, not even from above. Then it moves out to the more populated streets. each of the poor people who try to pass through it dissapear for a few minutes and return. The only difference is the fear in there eyes, there white skin and the fact that they only wear underwear. After a few people got robbed the fog will again disapear.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

[Cent Street]

What the hell's going on here? Michael asks Takara, figuring she might at least know who's shooting them.

[Eastside]

Dipsnig won't order the rest to follow immediately, instead following Teq's trail from a distance, confident in Viima, Tweetums and Ordo's sense of smell.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Genesis looks a little amused as she watches Harnel and Cessie. "Discuss the matter between yourselves and come to a consensus, I think. While I make no true demands, it is not necessarily a role to take up lightly."

The Queen of Rings gets to her feet and offers a hand to them both. "A tour? Is there anything in particular you might want to see? The library or armory, perhaps? Ouroboros Hall is a favorite work of mine, and I would be happy to tell its tale."

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel will take Genesis' hand, standing up as well, as he doubts it's to pull him up from his seated position. "Ouroboros... that's the snake of time, right? Sounds interesting."

24. - Top - End - #414

"I would love to see the library personally." Cessie replies with a smile, standing up from her floating air chair.

No Harnel, I can't become a member of her court. I couldn't stop you, but I'm already a member of Watchtower and I still have loyalties to Hestopia. Besides, we are going to move in to our new house yes? When are we going to have time to work for this court we hardly know anything about? I rather not increase my duties when I'm expecting children.

Eastside - Hospital Site

"A fire could easily spread to the rest of the hospital, we need to call the fire department right now." Edward says nervously as he sees the smoke outside.

The others might be able to recall that the fire escape is one the floor below them.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"Would you like some time to think about it?" Defelent's caught the surprise and uncertainty, and feels it's proper to ask.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"If it wouldn't cause offence," Naethalee says, gratefully. "I do not wish to offend Dalachrech, but this would be a great change for me. I would like to think for a few days if it would be permissable."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

27. - Top - End - #417
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"Of course. If you would like to stay and learn more about us before you make your decision, there are rooms for guests on the first floor." Those rooms are also for candidates for the priesthood that aren't yet Novices, but Defelent doesn't tell Naethalee that.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"I would like that, thank you. And, I would like to talk to some of my friends as well," Naethalee says with a smile.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #419
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"By all means. Would you like me to show you to your room?" Defelent grins hungrily. Though it's not a hunger for food.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

The half-drowess chuckles, giving Defelent a wink.
    "I believe that would be acceptable..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew