New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VI

[Wellspring Tower - Library]

"So their powers only function within this realm?" Cessie asks curiously. "It does seem this type of power changes people somehow judging by your servants. Such powers does not come naturally after all."

I'm not sure Harnel, aren't your duties within Watchtower? If you were both there and here in riverside... when would you ever be home? I can't say I'm positive to this idea.

[Eastside - Hospital Site]

Edward seems to panic slightly, "What?! Alright, keep calm, I'm sure we can figure something out..."

The window frames could be used as foot holds, but the windows are a bit too small to stand in.
    They can see the fire escape underneath them however which they could attempt to lower themselves down to.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

"I think we can climb down here!" Cierra shouts to the others, as she looks at the route down. "Come on!"

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "I am usually here, though sometimes you can find me at my house at [Defelent's Home, in the Home Thread]. Feel free to visit at any time; I'm sure that Tracy would like to meet you." If you visit Defelent's Home, please PM me to ensure I don't miss it. "Or would you prefer a date?" The latter is said with a grin.
    "Oh, I certainly wouldn't mind meeting this Tracy - nor would I mind a date." The half-drowess grins widely in return, giving Defelent a bow!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #484
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"Tracy accompanied me to the party, but I told Omid to pick her up after I left. I'm not sure if you met, actually. So, a date. How about Club Pulse tomorrow evening? It's just about the only place I know in Riverside." Unfortunately, Mallside's in Inside and therefore too far away from the temple for Dalachrech to visit except on official business.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"You're on for a date at Club Pulse," Naethalee says with a grin. "I'll be sure to wear my very best dress..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #486
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"And I shall have to find a nice suit, won't I? Oh well, I'm sure Tracy can help. She's a genius when it comes to clothes." Which is another reason all the clothes he keeps in the temple are black- it's so he can't choose anything which clashes.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

[Temple of Dalachrech]

"I'm sure you'll look marvelous," Naethalee says with a smile. "Well, then, if you would show the way out?" she asks.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #488
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"Of course, Milady Nymriia. Please, follow me." He opens the door and, motioning for her to go first, will head towards the stairs down. To get there, he grabs the front of his borrowed robes and hoiks them upwards so he doesn't trip.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

Naethalee smiles, and heads down the stairs gracefully. Possibly distracting Defelent a bit. Or perhaps not.

Either way, her player scurries off for a bit.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #490
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Exbourne Manor]

Ramiro nods. "Of course. I believe I can arrange a number of contacts for you. In fact, I'll offer you the services of one of my people. She has experience in this sort of work. She will answer to me first, but for all intents and purposes, she will be working for you. If you'd like, I will arrange for her to meet you at your new MagMart location soon."
    Magtok carefully represses the urge to protest over the whole 'she' thing. Gods fudging dammit, he doesn't work exclusively with women! Why do people keep doing this to him?!

"That sounds entirely alright with me, Mr. Ramiro. How will I recognize her when she arrives?"

Names are fine, but distinguishing characteristics are a lot simpler to observe and way easier to remember.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-11-04 at 08:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

"Very good. Her name is Samona Mase. She is a vampire. Short, dark hair, very dark eyes, if I know her at all she'll be wearing a suit." Ramiro replies. He's rather pleased with this whole arrangement, though he keeps that mostly off his face.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Barbarian in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

Magtok continues to hold back his urge to whip out a wooden stake and jab Ramiro's chest repeatedly until he runs out of chest that hasn't been staked. It's just a coincidence, Mag. Just a harmless, innocent coincidence. It's the only person he had available, and he's definitely not trying to set you up with a vampire or anything as stupid as that. Keep your fists at your side and don't say anything terrible. Don't even frown, don't let him know anything about what you're trying to keep yourself from doing to him.

"Alright then, I'll start getting things ready, then."

You used 'then' twice in the same sentence, Magtok. You're letting the implications get under your skin. Stop doing that.

"It's been a pleasure speaking with you again, Mr. Ramiro. I remember the way to the door, so if we're done here, I can see myself out."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Ramiro's evil plot is coming to fruition. Bwa... ha... ha...

Back in reality, Ramiro nods. "I believe that is everything. It's been a pleasure speaking with you, Magtok."

That post at MagMart will likely come on Sunday when I'm less busy with RL stuffs.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-11-04 at 10:02 PM.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Orc in the Playground

[Exbourne - A Room of Rot's Own]

Wait! That's a Magtok I smell, the dirty combination of machine and clone blood!

Rot stirs in Durin's mind.

Kill him! Kill him right now!

Durin will be shown memories of the cyborg making Rot sparkle. Quickly, act now before the Exbourne vampires are all doomed!

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

Exbourne

Vino returns from moving Claudia and Petros to a new place - one that Durin doesn't know about. He probably smells pretty disgusting to the vampires, as he had some delicious garlic bread at lunch. Made sure Claudia and Petros ate plenty of it too.

Out of courtesy to his friends and relations, he'll stay out on the porch until summoned, smoking a cigarette.

Meanwhile, he uses bird scouts to try and get a sense of what to expect at Rot's Haunted House.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #496
    Halfling in the Playground

Herald's Hideout

"Yeah... he can go first." Orrey agrees, smirking with more than a little bloodlust. He goes to get a few things. Weapons and drugs, mostly.

Eastside - Hospital Site

"Go." Teq says, staying at the rear of the group. Given his strength, and his ability to filter harmful toxins like smoke, he'll help lower anyone down who needs the help.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

Estella hurries along with the rest of the group. When they need to climb out the window, she doesn't hesitate, not for long at least. She accepts any help that Teq offers. Training as a mage of any kind doesn't tend to leave one very strong.

[Exbourne Manor]

((I'll post here tomorrow.))

18. - Top - End - #498

Outside Exbourne Manor

As Magtok is leaving, there is a lone figure watching him from afar, having standing there quite a while. It makes no effort of following the cyborg however as it it suddenly seems like it's swallowed by the earth. Literary.

Eastside - Hospital Site

As they open the window they are met by a cold wind, cutting through their clods, making the trash on the floor swirl as the sound of the smattering rain grows into a thundering.

It's a real storm outside, making the window frame slippery and wet.

If they manage to get down to the platform below it cringes as the old rusty screws holding it into place loses up a bit. They have to use a ladder to climb down the rest of the way and then leap to the ground below.

There is a window there, giving them a good view of the burning hell inside the nursery as the flames have quickly spread to the other rooms on the floor.
    It might be their imagination mixed with the sound of the flames with the rain outside but it's almost as if they can hear babies cry on the other side of the window.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Troll in the Playground

Cierra does not have a fun climb down. Her boots scrabble against the wet building wall as Teq lowers her down. The ominous cringe of the worn metal fire escape causes her to try to descend the ladder rapidly; her foot slips on a rung, and she bashes her shin against the ladder before finally making it to Terra Firma, wet, somewhat bruised, but better off than she would be inside.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Durin manages to resist the urge to kill Maggy. He doesn't risk entering the same room as the cyborg, however. Her grits his teeth, fangs extending to stab into his lower lip yet again. That is a particularly potent hate.

After taking a few moments to compose himself, the vampire goes to meet Vino. He's wearing the new armour from EI. He's opted to use his own magic blade rather than the Infernal Edge swords. He does have a knife from EI, though.

"Are you ready?" He asks Vino. He keeps his distance from him. The garlic isn't exactly subtle after all.

Transfer to plot thread will likely happen any time now.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

Exbourne

"Just the two of us?"
    Vino asks.

Plot thread!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #502

[Club Pulse - Office]

"...and remnant is reported to maintain their quarantine over large sections as the zombie invasion continues. The survivors are reported as being unusually uncooperative to the aid supplied within the effected areas..."

Lavthos turns off the radio and finish his cup of coffee and turns himself in the direction of the door which a few moments later is opened by a trench-coat dressed woman.

"Back so soon Cybil? Where you drawn in by the beautiful tones of daft punk perhaps?" He asks with a smile, reaching for the coffee machine on his desk to refill his cup.

"Lord Magtok was just at Exbourne, I thought you should know." She replies, the music from the club underneath barely audible.

"I think he prefers to be called 'Magtok' only now dear, royalty isn't much worth here, such titles just makes you seem pompous." Lavthos fills his cup and takes another sip, seemingly enjoying it intensely.

Cybil looks at him for a moment, "Not interesting enough for you sir? I swear, nothing else interesting happened around there besides Durin and the that vampire hunter leaving and we already know all about that don't we?"

"We do." He agrees with a nod, seemingly listening to the music in the background at the same time. "Don't worry about it knight captain, Exbourne don't interest me especially at the moment. I got the information I need. No, what about you concentrate on Magtok himself once your donet? See what he's up to?"

"Magtok? Do you think that's wise sir? What about remnant? or the council?"

"Hmm..." Lavthos spins around the mug on the desk with his index finger, looking at it with a thoughtful expression. "No, go with Magtok, call it a hunch. Strike up a chat with him, you know what they say, he got a weakness with women." He grins at his companion who looks away for a moment.

"As you say sir, I try to come up with something. Until then though... I guess we should proceed as planned?"

"Yes, as I said. Little steps Cybil. Always thread carefully in new environments." He waves his hand dismissively at her. "Your dismissed knight captain. Go and do your job."

Cybil nods and turns around, but before she can leave Lavthos adds. "Oh and... try to be more discreet the next time you feed okay? Maybe leave the food alive possibly? I hate if it could be connected to us."

She takes a deep breath and turns to face him, "I promise sir, no one will ever know."

"That's my girl. Why don't you get up some drunk brat to my office while your down there? I could use some memories to feed on."

She nods and disappears down the stairs once again, Lavthos putting on the radio again.

"...and now time for the weather, a large storm is said to be approaching Riverside..."

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

"This is the tooth and weapon of the Earth Consuming Tide, a champion of the Sea Born Court. A monstrous wave, legendary beast, and peerless knight, he could not be defeated so long as he resided in the water." Sigrun explains to Harnel. "He assaulted the coastal cities, but they could not find a champion that would stand against him. Finally a sorcerer rose up from the land itself, and moved the earth beneath the monster, dragging it from its home and binding it with oaths. The sorcerer took away his weapon, leaving the monster incapable of harming any other until he reclaims it.
    "Eventually, it came to reside here."

"For now, yes." Genesis affirms. "But if it is cultivated and strengthened, it may even be worked outside of the bounds of this tower, though I have found few who desire to put that level of commitment into it yet.
    "And the power does not change people- to be able to use it, one must change. A slight, but important difference. The reason is simple. Could you breathe, without your lungs? Could you walk, without your legs? It is not magic that I grant, it is a new state of being. These capabilities are natural... just not to your kind."

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

This is why we're talking about it Cessie, and why I said I'd discuss it with Genesis before deciding. I don't want to be away from you or the children either.

Harnel thinks about that for a moment, trying to imagine the creature that wielded the harpoon. Based on the design and length, it was probably a fairly tall humanoid. not outside the range of pissibility for a human being. Champion of the depths? Perhaps it was a merfolk. Harnel won't respond to Sigrun, but it's clear he's thinking about the subject.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

25. - Top - End - #505

"I understand, fascinating really, so different from my own home." Cessie replies. "You probably would think it was quite dull if you ever came around, it have been the same for hundreds of years." Or well, at least the same if you compared it to this.

"It's really interesting to meet a person who have such a dissimilar viewpoint of things. I see why Harnel was so entranced by you. Personally I think I'm too stuck in my own way of thinking to really embrace such change, it's the way of my people I guess." She smiles gently at Genesis, as if excuse herself.

Yes, lately it feels like you have been dragging me around to meet all your new friends when I just want to relax. You can't help everyone Harnel and you shouldn't sign up for it either. Take it easy okay? The mage sounds mildly annoyed.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

Sigrun fidgets uncomfortably and winds a bit of her hair around a finger. "U-um, would you like to know anything else?" She asks Harnel tentatively, a bit uncertain about his silence.

"Tradition and patterns are common in your world. It is in part what makes it appealing." Genesis says in quiet agreement. "Without them, there is little point. But go too far, and there can be no point at all. It is a careful balance to walk." She smiles, to say that none of this was meant as criticism, only an observation.

"Was there anything you were interested in seeing, or should we move on?"

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel blinks and looks at Sigrun, "Ah, sorry, I got a bit lost in thought there. Can you tell me anything else about the wielder? This 'Earth Consuming Tide'?" Harnel asks.

Alright. I'll stop dragging you around. I'm sorry about that.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

[Riverside - Westside]

They leave their horses behind when they enter Riverside; the pained beasts are too conspicuous. So are they, really: a fancy gambling type in a suit, a half naked man whose reddish skin is practically tanned, and a similar fellow in moccasins and deer skin clothes.

Their inquires are also pretty blatant: they introduce themselves as bounty hunters and revenge seekers, looking for the infamous vampire known as Rot. Hopefully, they'll get directed somewhere useful.

29. - Top - End - #509

"I have to trust my follow countrymen with that balance my lady." Cessie replies with a smile. "Personally I like to get to meet some of the people of your court, for reference. I'm sure an individual such as yourself have drawn equally interesting people to serve you."

I didn't mean it like that Harnel, I just want you to... well, try to finish helping one person before you start helping someone else. Don't promise things you can't keep. If your going to stay home and help me take care of the children I'm not sure you can help people all day as well. Or tie yourself up to more organizations.

[Riverside - Westside]

The group will likely hear that Rot have made enemies with the vampires of Exbourne manor who think he gives other vampires a bad reputation.

However as they are looking around they are approached by a blond woman dressed in a black trench coat.
    "I heard you're looking for Rot? I might be able to help you with that, for the right price of course." She gives them a cold look.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

[Riverside - Westside]

Swede steps forward to do the talking, not looking too impressed, and rather cold himself. The two Indians give them some distance, but if alert enough, the visitor will notice that they're close enough to intervene if necessary, and that they're positioned so that they could advance to try and cut off her retreat and surround her. "Oh? What kind of price are we talking, here? Because, I know you've got to spend money to make money, but I still got to keep my overhead costs down. You understand what I'm saying, right?"