New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VI

[Exbourne Manor]

Ramiro nods. He is in full agreement. "Security has been something we have been lacking in for some time." Ramiro pauses, considering. "You have the job. Your first assignment is setting us up with proper security. If you could have the various sensors provide feed to my computer as well as a separate security room that would be best."

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

Mouse blinks, somewhat stunned by the sudden acceptance before collecting herself and nodding. "Do you have a room in mind?"

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Wellspring Tower - Lounge]

Naethalee listens intently, taking in the words of the Fey Queen, somehow both making her feel better and more confused at the same time.
    "Essentially...nothing in life is free?" she asks rhetorically, nodding. "I understand that. It is just...I am willing to trade. But I do not wish for it to become a trade, then a trade, then a trade, until I have nothing left. That is my fear - that literally or essentially, being a cleric will consume me."
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    [Radiant Ocean]

Takara glances at the Queen, and then looks back to observing the guests and the Knight of Cups. "And what sort of ring does one give to a serpent that one has tamed?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Wellspring Tower - Courtyard]

"I understand, words are after all just vessels we fill with meaning. My liege is however very interested in what you do, what you are. He wishes an audience and for you to grant me the permission to observe your court here at times. I have other duties as well, but it would be an honor to see you work." Cybil replies dutifully.

[Radiant Ocean]

"Tamed? I certainly hope not." Distaste flickers across the face of Genesis. "I desire servants or peers, not exotic pets." She seems quite displeased that Takara would name herself as such.

"An audience may be arranged, but even an observer cannot truly understand. One may only understand by taking part." The unseen eyes of the fair folk fixate on Cybil, weighing her intently. "Would you take up such a role?"

"It will. It will demand your ideals, your actions, and your time. You will sacrifice yourself to the cause of a distant being. For some, this is less costly than others, but your fears are quite justified.
    "I would never advise another to become a priest. Treat the gods as you would a merchant, or even a friend- but do not become their slave. Of what use is that to you?"
    Gracefully, the fair folk queen rises from her place.

"That is my advice to you. Use it as you would." She adds as an afterthought.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Be advised. Sudden acceptance may or may not be a part of player laziness.

"There are a number of unused rooms in the building. It's only a matter of clearing one out to serve your needs. On the second floor perhaps? Or would the main floor be preferable?"

5. - Top - End - #605
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ApeofLight View Post
    [Radiant Ocean]

Crissellea turns to see the three approaching. She quickly stands and curtsies before blushing. " O-o-oh, no no, I didn't really do anything. I think all I did was... Well now that I think about it all I did was help the people that were living in the building this used to be. Ah, where are my manners, my name is Crissellea Lachoneus it is a pleasure to meet you. " She says and curtsies again. The pale woman certainly looks tired but she seems surprised just as much as the others at the transformation of the land around her.
    [Radiant Ocean]

"Helping people is a noble cause in itself. I myself haven't had the chance to help anyone in a long time. It's inspiring to see others like yourself act so selfless. Do you need any monetary aid perhaps? I think I need to ease my own guilty consciousness a bit after seeing all this." The mage offers.

Cybil finally looks up at Genesis and observes her for a still moment, "What exactly would I take part of my lady? My code of honor still binds me to serve my liege in first hand."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-11-09 at 07:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

Crissellea chuckles and shakes her head. " Oh, no no no, I have more money than I actually know what to do with. I do however know the names of several good charity organizations. " She then looks between Harnel and Cessie. " So, you two are married? " She asks probably making sure she understood Harnel when he introduced them.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

"We are," Harnel says, grinning, "I honestly don't know what she sees in me. I must be a pretty terrible hassle." he chuckles as he looks lovingly towards Cessie.
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-11-09 at 08:20 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

Mouse nods. "If you give me 48 hours, I'll have it all set up. Is there anyone else you want me to train to use it all? Other than yourself."

Eastside - Facility

Cutter listens closely to the door and opens it warily, blade ready in case someone or something is around to attack him.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-11-09 at 08:08 PM.

9. - Top - End - #609

[Radiant Ocean]

The sorceress nods, "Indeed, we are." She returns her husbands gaze with a smile. "Harnel is soon finished with our new home in fact. Right now we just live at Watchtower."

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Facility - Eastside]

"Things? What kind of things?" Robin asks, her voice wavering with fear. Though she was a lot more resistant to damage than a normal human, the Muse could still be badly hurt. And if these were the wrong sort of things... she shuddered to think about it.
    "I- I don't know. It looked like a person then it... changed. I was far enough away that I escaped." The girl's horror is plain on her face.

[Exbourne Manor]

"The woman that met you at the door, Maria, as well as [insert a small number of people here to be filled in as needed]." Ramiro says.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

Crissellea giggles at Harnel's joke. " Well, at least you have a sense of humor Harnel. Oh, I've heard of Watchtower, hmmm do they... oh never mind. That's nice to hear. Are either of you part of Genesis' court? " She asks her hand lightly touching the ornate silver sword at her side.

-Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #612

[Radiant Ocean]

The mage shakes her head, "No, neither of us are. This is in fact the second time I'm in Riverside so I'm rather unfamiliar with this city. I am already the council member of watchtower actually so it might be a bit much. We deal with protecting people outside of Inside and the other major organizations." She explains.

[Eastside - Facility]

Nothing seem to attack him right away though there is a lot of blood and body tissue laying all over the floor together with an single human eye and a part of a torso.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

"I'm considering joining, myself, but honestly I don't know if I can. I have obligations elsewhere, as amazing as the court is. That said, as long as you're still helping the people of Riverside, you certainly have my support." Harnel nods.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

Crissellea nods. " Well that does sound like your both busy. What really matters though is that people are getting helped. " She says with a bright smile before sneezing. She blinks a few times and looks slightly worried. " Oh dear, I think I might have a cold coming on. "

-Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #615
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    "It will. It will demand your ideals, your actions, and your time. You will sacrifice yourself to the cause of a distant being. For some, this is less costly than others, but your fears are quite justified.
    "I would never advise another to become a priest. Treat the gods as you would a merchant, or even a friend- but do not become their slave. Of what use is that to you?"
    Gracefully, the fair folk queen rises from her place.

"That is my advice to you. Use it as you would." She adds as an afterthought.
    "I see. Thank you." Naethalee bows her head respectfully to Genesis, still unsure, but grateful. "Now I ask, what may I do to help you? For you have given me much to think of, and your advice, and I wish to return the favor, if I may."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #616

Westside

Driving down the streets is a long black lemo, heading for Exbourne Manor. Someone wants answers, and it knows the best place to get them is at the seat of power in this part of the city.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

Facility - Eastside

Cutter stomps on the eye before going on his way to try and find Robin, following Fredrick's directions.

Exbourne Manor

After some more details are worked out, Mouse leaves for a couple hours before coming back with a load of equipment. She'll take the doorwoman with her as she starts installing the various cameras and sensors, showing how how each one works, what it'll see, and most importantly, what it won't see.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside]

Nobody will interfere with them, since public streets and all. It shouldn't take too long to find the manor. It's a bit of a landmark in these parts.

When they arrive the gate is open to receive them, as it generally is during waking hours. There's no one outside at the moment, though there is some movement from a window.

19. - Top - End - #619

Exbourne Manor

The car stops outside of the gates, and then a group of five people get out of it. They form up, to shield the final person in the car, who steps out after they do this. And that person, is Gordon himself, who has the group go towards the manor door.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

No one will stop them approaching the manor.

Just inside Maria hears the vehicle and peaks out of the curtain. "Looks like trouble. Six people." The vampire walks over to the other side of the room and retrieves a pistol. She stows it behind her back. She then proceeds to send a warning to Ramiro on what looks like a normal cellphone.

21. - Top - End - #621

Exbourne Manor

At the door, one of the bodyguards knocks on the door, while the other bodyguards keep watch for any hostile actions. Gordon himself keeps silent, this is when he lets the people he hired take the majority of the actions.
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2011-11-10 at 12:42 AM.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

Mouse raises an eyebrow and patches into the camera feeds she'd been testing on her dataslate. After she sees who's there, she frowns and sets it away. "Its Gordon. Careful, he's somewhat unpredictable." She tells Maria before readjusting a couple rings on her hands and flicking the safety off her laser pistol. She keeps it holstered, but she doesn't hide, staying next to Maria. She'll give a nod to the girl to open the door when she's ready.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

"Of AMEN?" Maria doesn't appear pleased to hear this. What could he want?

She gives Mouse a nod, then opens the door. Her eyes wander over the group, settling on Gordon longer than the rest. "Can I help you?" She asks, perfectly polite.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    Eastside - Hospital Site

Cierra scowls and storms over to Teq, leaving her coat on Estella (if Ghar actually responds to that action, and if it succeeds.) "This isn't about money anymore. I don't care about getting paid. I care about stopping whoever did this. Don't you get it? This could be big. This could affect all of Riverside, and even beyond. This is too important to be squabbling about money! How can you stand there and say that?"
    "Oh, I'm sorry. Certainly. I can die for some fools I just met, and my children can starve." Teq waves a hand angrily, exchanging glares with Cierra. He grits his teeth. "If you want to risk your life, fine. But don't get on a high horse and call me greedy if I ask for some compensation, you stupid, self-righteous little woman."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #625

Exbourne Manor

"Yes, you can tell me what you did to Rot. I know he's a violent idiot, but he's my violent idiot, so I have to go and get him back. Though coming to Riverside is certainly the highest of his stupidity."

Gordon notes Mouse's presence, but ignores that for now. There are more important things for now, like having this talk go well.

(You know, you never did finish up Mouse's interview with Gordon, I waited but you never replied.)

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

(I remember. I believe after a while I just figured Mouse wasn't AMEN material and vice versa. Thought I had mentioned that though. )

27. - Top - End - #627

(I don't think you did. Unfortantly, I have to deadtime for the night.)

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Maria just regards him coldly a moment before saying, "I don't know anything about Rot. If you can't keep track of him, I would recommend getting him a collar. That way if someone finds him they'll know where to send him." There's a certain amount of sarcasm in her voice, but she doesn't appear to be lying about knowing where Rot is.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

(Go ahead without me as Mouse won't react unless something stupid occurs)

30. - Top - End - #630

Outside Exbourne Manor

As Gordon and his men are pulling up to the manor they are just as Magtok was, watched.

[Radiant Ocean]

"I certainly hope not, perhaps you should check with a healer? Or maybe lady Genesis can do something for you? I must admit I don't know the full extend of her powers but I guess considering her current display she might be able to help you with a common cold at the very least."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-11-10 at 07:53 AM.