New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VI

[Westside - Cierra's Loft]

"Unlimited? I'd first check to find out if the Nexus is linked to all universes, or just a finite group. If the latter, I would want to know the basic qualities of each universe, and how much they overlap into Nexus. I would run an exhaustive battery of magical and scientific tests to help pinpoint Nexus's basic mechanisms, ranging from determining the precise nature of its gravity and the structure of its matter, to figuring out its source or sources of magic and how they may or may not affect the underlying nature of reality.
    "I'd interview the vast majority of the citizens of Nexus, where they came from, their understanding of Nexus and their home realm, and sift through the information looking for patterns."

Grace throws out the various ideas rapidly, but eventually shrugs and sips her coffee. "It would probably be a pretty long and tedious process, interspersed with interest at the very unusual discoveries, I'd imagine. Lots of data collection and research."

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Exbourne Manor

Mouse breathes a sigh of relief as she's not attacked right away. Her vision's starting to clear, but it's going to be a while longer since she got a direct look at Ilpholin. Right now, best she can do is blurry shades of color.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Troll in the Playground

Outside Exbourne

"GAAAAH!" Rico is being pulled down into the earth with Rot! He reaches out a hand, digging his claws into the ground to try and slow their descent. Since I suspect this is about as effective as digging his claw into butter when his opponent is able to control the earth, his claw simply is pulled through until it snags on a thick tree root. He grabs hold of it with all his strength while he bellows for help. His other arm is wrapped around Rot. He's trying to save himself and the situation, but it's possible he'll let go and lose Rot if it comes down to it. Theoretically, he should know that he won't suffocate underground, and that whatever it is, likely isn't able to kill a vampire, but it's hard to think theoretically when you're being swallowed by the earth.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Exbourne Manor]

The woman moves quickly toward Rico's cry. She's probably too slow, as she's still mostly blind, but it's worth a shot if she can do anything.

Valente is... still blinded? Maybe even more so now? Not sure if the blinding beauty has worn off, but regardless he will support her. "Let's get out of here." The vampire starts moving toward the gate, more slowly and with only a vague direction if he's still blinded.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Exbourne Manor]

The blinding beauty attack was a one shot deal. The effects can be anywhere from a few seconds to a few hours to permanent until you find something equally ugly to look at. But it shouldn't get any worse than the initial blast.

Grrrr... something else was grabbing Rot from... the earth? Out of nowhere? Dang. Well... too little too late anyways. Making good on a escape mattered more now. She starts with Valente towards the gate, moving as fast as she can with her support.

Mister Squiggles bumps into a building and starts walking backwards up it, stumbling a bit along the way, since he can't really see where he's going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Troll in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower - Apartments]

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    "Just weapons." Hilda sighs at Nae's pose. "You'd best take this seriously or I'll beat the tar out of you." She warns, before darting forward in an attempt to land a stinging first blow on Nae's torso. She's strong, and has some training, but really, the sword isn't her best weapon and she's a bit slower and more awkward with it than she should be.
    "I assure you, I'm very serious."
    And as Hilda darts forwards, Naethalee nimbly spins aside, getting only the slighest brush from the armourer's sword against the side of her torso, her own blades flicking to tap her opponent's legs, aiming for one tap to each side.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

Hilda twists out of the way of one hit, but gets rapped in the right shin by the other. Gritting her teeth, she turns quickly and presses forward, trying to get into a range at which Nae will have a hard time bringing her swords to bear. Following her movement, she'll slam a heavy elbow at Nae's shoulder.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Troll in the Playground

Nae dances back, but not fast enough - the elbow slamming into her shoulder, and knocking the half-drowess backwards. Landing on the floor on her backside with a loud thump, wincing from the impact against her bare skin - even as she grins broadly, rolling with the motion to her feet.
    "Oh, goodness, this is so much fun..." she declares.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #909
    Titan in the Playground

The handler presses her advantage, baring her teeth in a grin as she slashes swiftly with her sword at Nae's legs while she's trying to get up. "Better be quicker than that." She taunts. "Or I'll have you covered in bruises."

10. - Top - End - #910
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower - Throne of Rings]

Labthos have actually sonar-like senses which gives them the ability to 'sense' vague shapes and so on. So I guess he's turned in the direction of the throne and Genesis, if they are even detected by such things.

The vampire looks slightly surprised by her conclusion, but nods after a while. "Very well... perhaps we have different perspectives what makes a lord then. None the less I won't bother you if you find me unworthy of your presence. Cybil can stay if she so would desire however, I have other businesses to attend to." He makes another bow and then slowly leaves, leaving a confused-looking Cybil looking after him.

Outside Exbourne

More of the earth vampire emerges from the ground, making the hole larger while pulling Rot even harder, not giving up until Rot have been pulled into the hole with it.

As the hole grows larger, gravity should help the earth vampire who is at least as strong as a regular vampire if not stronger. Or rot's arm is pulled off, who knows?

Eastside - Hospital Site

The elevator stands still, no ghostly shenanigans taking place while you're in it.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-11-21 at 12:22 PM.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Troll in the Playground

Outside Exbourne

Rico remembers that he's an npc, and therefore shouldn't be too heroic. Either that, or Rot's arm gets ripped off. Because that would be hilarious. But of course that's up to Rot's player.

Either way, the Earth vampire escapes with Rot, and Rico screams in fury.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #912
    Orc in the Playground

[Outside Exbourne]

Riiiiiiiiiip!

Rico obtains one severed Rot arm. Gross.

And the rest of the vampire's body gets pulled down into the earth by the earth vampire! Whee!

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #913
    Troll in the Playground

The handler presses her advantage, baring her teeth in a grin as she slashes swiftly with her sword at Nae's legs while she's trying to get up. "Better be quicker than that." She taunts. "Or I'll have you covered in bruises."
    "Maybe I wouldn't mind that," Naethalee counters, spinning away not not escaping the slashes entirely, the stinging of the blade against her skin making her yelp - before she spins round and leaps into the air, her blades flashing as she descends upon the handler, aiming to thwack each shoulder on her way down!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Exbourne Manor]

The woman, who successfuly remains nameless, seems to have recovered her sight and is going to help Rico from his hole in the ground.

And it looks like Valente and Ilpholin make it out of the courtyard and are rapidly making their way away from the manor. Or will be rapidly in a moment, hopefully. "I could carry you if you want." He suggests. She's been shot after all.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Outside Exbourne Manor]

Cybil drags the rest of rot's body with her, closing off the tunnel as she goes, planning to drag him quite far away from the city, all the way to outside in fact to hide him in a underground lake she found.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Troll in the Playground

"Unlimited? I'd first check to find out if the Nexus is linked to all universes, or just a finite group. If the latter, I would want to know the basic qualities of each universe, and how much they overlap into Nexus. I would run an exhaustive battery of magical and scientific tests to help pinpoint Nexus's basic mechanisms, ranging from determining the precise nature of its gravity and the structure of its matter, to figuring out its source or sources of magic and how they may or may not affect the underlying nature of reality.
    "I'd interview the vast majority of the citizens of Nexus, where they came from, their understanding of Nexus and their home realm, and sift through the information looking for patterns."

Grace throws out the various ideas rapidly, but eventually shrugs and sips her coffee. "It would probably be a pretty long and tedious process, interspersed with interest at the very unusual discoveries, I'd imagine. Lots of data collection and research."

Cierra nods, a bit saddened that they can't actually do that. "Unfortunately, as you said, that's impossible. So... what are you doing instead? There must be something we can do with to better help the Nexus."

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Exbourne Manor]

Oh they're definitely moving rapidly. The problem is the blood. Ilpholin isn't certain, but suspects vampires are like sharks when it comes to sensing and tracking down blood. But they do have other problems right now too.

"Thanks, but that'd just slow us down, wouldn't it?" Ilpholin says as they hustle. Hustle hustle.

Mister Squiggles reaches what he thinks is the top of the building and stops and stays there. Poor guy has nine eyes. He's nine times as blinded as Mouse was.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside - Streets]

Oh yes, the blood. Thankfully Valente has a rather lot else no his mind right now. So much that even the insistent need to feed is placed second.

"Well, I'm strong enough to lift you easily, but if you're fine..." The vampire sounds rather concerned. "Where are we going now? We should probably get out of Westside." If not Riverside altogether.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside - Streets]

"I am most certainly NOT fine. If you can carry me without being slowed down..."

Ilpholin says.
    As for where to go... that's a hard one. Going to Watchtower would not be preferred, but she can't think of any other place close enough to provide the medical attention she needs.
    "They have hospitals in Eastside right?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside - Streets]

Valente stops long enough so he can pick Ilpholin up. Then he's off again, likely faster than before. He does his best not to jostle her too much. "Yeah, it should take too long to get there. I'll need to put you down once we get in the sun, though."

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside - Streets]

"Oh. Yeah. Heh. That's... problematic, isn't it?" Really limits where you can go!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #922
    Orc in the Playground

Westside- Streets

Mortius has been trying to keep Valente and Ilpholin within the sight of his many monkey-eyed minions since they left the Manor. They're trying to keep out of sight as much as possible, although it's up to Ghar & Rein as to how effective they are.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Labthos have actually sonar-like senses which gives them the ability to 'sense' vague shapes and so on. So I guess he's turned in the direction of the throne and Genesis, if they are even detected by such things.

The vampire looks slightly surprised by her conclusion, but nods after a while. "Very well... perhaps we have different perspectives what makes a lord then. None the less I won't bother you if you find me unworthy of your presence. Cybil can stay if she so would desire however, I have other businesses to attend to." He makes another bow and then slowly leaves, leaving a confused-looking Cybil looking after him.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post

"Maybe I wouldn't mind that," Naethalee counters, spinning away not not escaping the slashes entirely, the stinging of the blade against her skin making her yelp - before she spins round and leaps into the air, her blades flashing as she descends upon the handler, aiming to thwack each shoulder on her way down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post

Cierra nods, a bit saddened that they can't actually do that. "Unfortunately, as you said, that's impossible. So... what are you doing instead? There must be something we can do with to better help the Nexus."

Silence reigns in the throne room for a time, then Genesis addresses Cybil. "Is there anything you would like to say, Cybil?" It is a sincere question, not assuming any particular reaction from her.

Hilda isn't quite quick enough to raise her sword to block in time, or move out of the way, and so she gets struck hard, forcing her down on one knee. Perhaps she had a witty retort in mind before, but the shock of the blows stun and distract her somewhat.

"At the moment, I'm just regathering my resources. Aurora fell through, and Celestial Dynamics isn't supporting me anymore, so I need to just collect what I have, gather support, and see what I can do from there. Things are still a bit of a mess at the moment." Grace explains with a sigh.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside - Streets]

"Yeah, a bit, but I can tolerate the sun. It's just that I get really weak when I'm in it." Not like silly Rot bursting into flames. "So I'll still be able to go with you." Valente says.

He doesn't notice the monkeys, if only because he's intent on either Ilpholin or getting to their destination.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside - Streets]

Ilpholin is exhausted from... activities, overusing her abilities and wounded. Even so, she probably notices something, but even if she did, she wouldn't have anything in particular to do about it. Best just to continue on their way and hope Valente is fast enough to lose them.

With undead monkeys, I doubt it.

"Ah, well. That's certainly better than exploding into flames that I thought would happen." She gives Valente that adoring smile of hers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside - Streets]

Valente returns the smile. He's sort of dreading asking her what went on at the manor, but how could he not trust her?

Anyway, looks like they're at the edge of Eastside. The darkness fades away gradually, so when it starts to change he gently lowers her to her feet, ready to support her in any way.

At least it's got to be later in the day. Running from pursuit will soon be an option. Hopefully Ilpholin gets time to recover, though.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Streets]

Guess we'll find out.
    Ilpholin will support herself on Valente, keeping him on the left since that's her wounded leg.

"I don't know where the hospitals and/or places of healing are around here. You'll have to show me."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

Hilda isn't quite quick enough to raise her sword to block in time, or move out of the way, and so she gets struck hard, forcing her down on one knee. Perhaps she had a witty retort in mind before, but the shock of the blows stun and distract her somewhat.
    Naethalee, the adrenaline rush of the fight racing through her body, brings her training swords around once more in an attempt to knock Hilda's sword clear from her hand.

She'd be disssapointed about cutting out witty retorts, but at the moment, she isn't thinking too much about them...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Streets]

As they enter the sunlight, Valente grows visibly weak. It's much more difficult for him to support Ilpholin, but he does his best.

"Right, it's not too far now." And he guides here there. Barring any interruptions, they should get there in not too long.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

Exbourne Manor - Ramiro's Office

Ramiro will find Mouse storming into the office, a look of anger on her face. "Why the Cog wasn't I informed that Rot was being held captive here?!?"