New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VI

Westside Children's Home

"Oh...Um...I used to have a cursed arm that made me blind or crazy sometimes...but it got shot off...so I got a new one," Riley raises his transparent robotic prosthetic to let the two see.
    "So one of you is ears and the other one is eyes? Like the kids from the story with the guy with the pipe?"
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Westside Children's Home

"Oh...Um...I used to have a cursed arm that made me blind or crazy sometimes...but it got shot off...so I got a new one," Riley raises his transparent robotic prosthetic to let the two see.
    "So one of you is ears and the other one is eyes? Like the kids from the story with the guy with the pipe?"
    The pair seem puzzled by the robotic arm, and his explanation of how he got it, but all that is forgotten at the mention of stories.

"Oooh, I don't think I've heard that one?"

"Me either. All the sisters have are boring old stories. How does it go?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

Riley hesitates for a moment.
    "Well...uh..."
    He rubs his good arm nervously.
    "There was this town. On a lake. A town called Hamlin. And there were a bunch of rats eating everybody's food, so the mayor hired a man called the Pied Piper, who played a song that made the rats follow him. And so he drowned the rats, but the mayor wouldn't pay him. So he played a song that made the children follow him, and he lead them all away. But a few years later, two came back, saying they'd been left behind because they couldn't keep up. One was deaf, and the other was blind, and they each had a bad leg, so they relied on each other. And they decided to try and go save the other children, and well...that's where the story ends...it doesn't say if they were successful or not."

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

4. - Top - End - #994

Westside Children's Home

The girl shakes her head, hair flying everywhere, "No, nothing like that. Michael isn't deaf, and both our legs still work, see?" She gives her legs a shake to prove it.

"It was still a great story though. Maybe after washing up you can tell it to one of the sisters and have them write it down."

"So where did you come from? You kind of just... poofed here."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

"I asked a puppy for someone to live with because I've been living in Trog's since I escaped and I got sent here..." Riley looks around.
    "Where is here, exactly?"

(Recaiden) He lives!

6. - Top - End - #996

Westide Children's Home

"It's the orphanage. All the kids come here to wait for their new parents. Cunningham runs it." the girl means the Order of Cunningham, but odds are Riley has never heard of them.

"Come on Lily, if a puppy sent him here that means the sisters don't know he's new yet! We have to hide him before they make us all wash!" Michael seems excited by the prospect of skipping another bath.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

"But...I'm not an orphan, and I don't know who Cunningham is, and bath's are supposed to be good for you, and-" Riley takes a deep breath and calms down like the good creepy robo doctor taught him.

(Recaiden) He lives!

8. - Top - End - #998

Westside Children's Home

"It's okay, I don't think they'll mind you not being an orphan. We weren't orphans when we got here, but then mom passed on in the hospital so we are now." Lily seems way too chipper for the subject she's talking about.

"I know baths are good for you, but they're so booooring. You just sit there and scrub, and you're all wet and cold when you get out. Blech." I guess that's one way of looking at it.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

Westside CHildren's Home

"Oh...I'm...sorry about your mom...I don't really know what it's like, because I never had one. That's why I'm not an orphan, I didn't have parents in the first place," Riley looks down at the floor.

(Recaiden) He lives!

10. - Top - End - #1000

Westside Children's Hospital

Lily seems to think for a moment, "You never had parents? Like ever? That makes you some kind of... super orphan!"

"Yeah wow! Like in the comics and stuff!" Michael's eye are bright and wide open. He must think Riley is the coolest thing he's ever seen.

"Hey come on, we'll show you them!" Lily reaches out and Michael instinctively grabs it and begins leading her to the children's quarters.

"Come on!"

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Westside Children's Home]

He will follow since it doesn't need to much strength to get him moving.

"Eon."
    Sister Gertrude brings Eon along until she encounters the other three kids in the hall. "Oh good, you've met Riley already. And this is Eon." Addressing Michael: "Can you show them to the boy's dorm and make sure they get a bunk and clean clothes. And a bath, of course. Lily, you could use one too. If anyone's hungry, you know the way to the larder."

Sister Gertrude gives the twins a look that says 'I know all about the stolen cookies.'

She'll disappear off into her player's deadtime, leaving the children to fend for themselves.

(Sorry to ditch you like this, but I've overdone it a bit for Thanksgiving today and need to rest. Feel free to invent some NPC caretakers if you like. The male title is Elder and the female title is Sister. Just remember that even if they're strict, they'll still be kind. No corporal punishment or emotional abuse. Except, you know, forcing children to bathe. The monsters! )
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-11-24 at 02:28 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

Westside CHildren's Home

"I don't have parents because I was bred to be food for Cthulhu...I do have powers, though..."
    Then Eon and Gertrude show up!

"Um...Hi...Eon...Uh...How did she know my name?"

(Recaiden) He lives!

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    ((Sorry about forgetting this, Earl.))

[Eastside - Hospital]

I imagine the monkeys will be able to keep track of them both, despite air ducts being terrible ways to be sneaky, padded feet or no.

[Exbourne Manor- Ramiro's Office]

Ramiro explains the same thing he did to Mouse to Mortius. Rot's presence was known only to a handful. "We already discussed the matter of your monkeys. Regardless, I'm glad you're here. Have you seen any sign of Valente or the woman he was with?"
    Eastside Hospital

It works on TV!

But I imagine that Mortius, as a powerful necromancer, probably has ways around the clanging which should accompany anything in the air ducts. Such as magic rags to wrap feet in.

Exbourne Manor- Ramiro's Office

"They are in the hospital of Eastside. I'd know where Rot went, too, but whatever took him burrowed underground where my monkeys cannot follow." Mortius frowns as he admits the last. He's a spymaster, and naturally nosy anyway. He wants to know what's going on!
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2011-11-24 at 06:15 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Troll in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower - Apartment]

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    Her footing isn't great, so Hilda is tossed, though she keeps hold of Nae's arm, and therefore isn't tossed far away. Still, this stuns her for a moment, during which Nae can try and get up and retrieve her swords, or take advantage in some other fashion.
    Nae's move isn't for her swords - but, instead, to spin on the floor, trying to haul Hilda up against her, and crank her hand around behind her back to pin her as a captive!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Our primary goal is to keep the common citizenry or Riverside safe and make sure the supernaturals and mundanes live together in peace, Elizabeth responds. The two things we need most are information and secrecy - we will be much more effective if we know as much as possible about dangerous supernatural occurences and if we remain hidden from other powers of Riverside. The vampires already know more about them than it's comfortable. In return, we can lend help your servants in their tasks and missions.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post

Nae's move isn't for her swords - but, instead, to spin on the floor, trying to haul Hilda up against her, and crank her hand around behind her back to pin her as a captive!

[Wellspring Tower - River]

"Secrecy is not something I favor." Notes Genesis bluntly. "Nor it is something I can or will assist you with. The River Court is founded on a far different principal, of heroics and glory, of achieving renown and creating a name, an identity. Riverside does not need assistance from the unknown, but those willing to take a stand and become icons to be followed."

"I will not stand against you taking such actions, but I will not aid you in such efforts. It is not my way." The fair folk says decisively.

Hilda is twisted up and her arm back, but she struggles hard against it, slamming her free arm's elbow back at the half drow in a defiant gesture, if not one particularly useful for freeing her from her current position. Hilda is fairly strong, and is quite slippery when it comes to wrestling, but her endurance leaves something to be desired, so if Nae can hold on for a bit more, she may win out.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, now I have you, now what should I - oof!"
    Naethalee's statement starts out in a sultry tone - that changes abruptly to a gasp fo air as Hilda's elbow connects with the half-drowess's ribs! The surprise almost causes her grip to loosen for a moment - then she tightens it once more, determined not to let go at any cost.

She knows a few wrestling moves as well.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

Hilda struggles harder, but ultimately she only wears herself out. Even so, she doesn't seem inclined to admit that Nae has won, though she's breathing heavily, and no longer making any direct attempt to resist. Her muscles are still pretty tense, and she's watching the half-drow in a way that suggests she's waiting for the moment to turn the situation back against her.

"Don't think you've won yet." She manages to say through her panting.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, of course I haven't, darling. The only way to win is not to play." Naethalee grins, not letting her grip slacken at all - but she does lean forwards in an attempt to plant a kiss on the back of Hilda's neck!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

Hilda responds to the kiss with a bit of half-hearted, exhausted struggling, but only for a few seconds before she gives up. She does, however, say something very unlady-like about Nae.

"You just going to hold me in this position or what?" She adds on, glaring at the half drow.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground

"Ooh, well, I have to say that's an extremely tempting proposition..."
    Naethalee chuckles and grins - then lets go of Hilda!
    ...giving her a firm push on the backside away.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Titan in the Playground

"You're really a pain." Hilda says as she gets to her feet. "You don't know when to stop." She makes it over to a couch and sits down heavily, catching her breath. "Well, we sparred. That good enough for you? You satisfied?"

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, I know when I should stop. I just don't know why I should," Naethalee drawls - but there is a hint of a frown on her face as she pushes herself to her feet and stretches. "It's...odd. And I'm not hardly satisfied - if you aren't." She grins, and goes to retrieve her swords, bending over to collect them.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eon doesn't say anything. he keeps his fists up in defence and throws glares around, like he waits for the next attacker.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

24. - Top - End - #1014

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Westside CHildren's Home

"I don't have parents because I was bred to be food for Cthulhu...I do have powers, though..."
    Then Eon and Gertrude show up!

"Um...Hi...Eon...Uh...How did she know my name?"
    Westside Children's Home

Luckily Lily manages to pull off a perfect poker face with regards to the stolen cookies, largely because she can't see the look Gertrude just gave her. Not that it would fool the wily old sister, but at least she doesn't look guilty.

Michael didn't steal any of them, so he should be okay. Gertrude may recall he prefers cheese and crackers over sweets.

"Pfft, sometimes I think she knows everything that happens around here. Come on, Michael can show you guys to your beds while I run the water. Then after the baths we can eat and play hide and find."

Michael doesn't speak, sullen at having to take another bath so soon after his last one. He knows Gertrude didn't specify him, but he also knows if he's caught without he'll be scolded.

So instead he just tugs on Lily's hand gently, leading her towards the baths. The blind little girl will gesture for Riley and Eon to follow the twins.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post

"Secrecy is not something I favor." Notes Genesis bluntly. "Nor it is something I can or will assist you with. The River Court is founded on a far different principal, of heroics and glory, of achieving renown and creating a name, an identity. Riverside does not need assistance from the unknown, but those willing to take a stand and become icons to be followed."

"I will not stand against you taking such actions, but I will not aid you in such efforts. It is not my way." The fair folk says decisively.
    Johann raises his eyebrow.
    I take it you don't care for the humble sort of heroism then, Lady Genesis - the kind that works behind the scenes and saves the masses from the threats it might not even percieve and whose sacrifices go unnoticed. This is the kind of heroism we Hunters were chosen for and I truly do not believe there is any less glory in it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

"Were it simply not my way, I would not stand so strongly against it. But more, I do not believe it is what this city needs." The fey emphasizes. "The people have been downcast, and downtrodden. As much as they need assistance, they need hope and spirit. They cannot get that from people who hide in the shadows. So I will not support you in that way. Even should I desire to, my power towards such means is limited. It is not within my identity to hide from public view."

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Orc in the Playground

Well, it sure took that kid a long time to get to the orphanage. I mean, really now. Is he slow or what?

Well, actually, he took a slight detour. Scrawny and underfed ten year old kids are puny, and he didn't feel safe at all. So, using his newfound powers of being able to enter houses without permission, he snuck in somewhere and swiped a pocketknife. The tiny weapon securely hidden in a pocket, the little orphan has actually made it to the children's home now.

Putting on his best "cute but miserable" face, which isn't actually that good, but in this form it doesn't have to be, the child attempts to simply walk into the orphanage. If it's locked, he'll be forced to knock and wait outside in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

The Hunters both nod. You make a good point, Lady Genesis, Elizabeth says. Perhaps we will consider acting more openly. This doesn't seem to be what the Messengers had in mind, but those circumstances are different than those the original Imbued had to deal with.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Eastside Hospital

It works on TV!

But I imagine that Mortius, as a powerful necromancer, probably has ways around the clanging which should accompany anything in the air ducts. Such as magic rags to wrap feet in.

"They are in the hospital of Eastside. I'd know where Rot went, too, but whatever took him burrowed underground where my monkeys cannot follow." Mortius frowns as he admits the last. He's a spymaster, and naturally nosy anyway. He wants to know what's going on!

"Thank you Mortius. Keep your eye on them, I will send someone after them. If we can keep them in Riverside, that would be best." Ramiro says. He'll be making a call presently if the lich has nothing else to say.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

"E-everything?" Riley scrunches up in fear and follows the twins closely.

(Recaiden) He lives!