New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VI

[Wellspring Tower - Nadia's Cellphone]

"Oh, yeah alright. Where do you want to meet?" Nadia picks up on that something might be wrong, but that's something to talk about then.

[Estella's Mindscape]

Whatever itis will encounter some resistance, but without Estella able to form a conscious resistance, it should be able to get in.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower - Nadia's Cellphone]

"Meet me here at the manor, I got a little surprise for you." Irena replies mysteriously before hanging up.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower -> Suncrest Manor]

Oh, that certainly sounds better than she was suspecting. "See you soon." Nadia hangs up and goes to change into something a little less casual than she has now. A little more flattering too. One benefit of being a vampire, she can wear something lower cut and on the tighter side despite the colder weather.

A little while later, there'll be a knock at Irena's door. Nadia has arrived, and is rather curious about what Irena has in store for her.

4. - Top - End - #1114

[Wellspring Tower -> Suncrest Manor]

Irena opens the door, dressed in a flattering low cut... dress? It's hard to tell if her fashion sense have improved or not here.

She actually blushes slightly and looks down at the floor as Nadia enters, "Uh, hi. I was... well, I wanted to try something new." The witch says as she regains her wits and looks up at Nadia. "Glad you could make it so quickly... you look great,"

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Thanks, you too. I like the dress." Nadia says, a touch breathily. She pushes her hair back behind her ear. No doubt it'll soon work it's way into her eyes again. "So can I come in?" She asks jokingly.

6. - Top - End - #1116

[Suncrest Manor]

"Yes, yes of course... sorry." Irena says awkwardly, moving away from the door and leads her into the hall. She wanders up to a nearby table where two glass are waiting for them.

She fills one of them with wine and hands to Nadia, "I didn't want to start without you." She explains before pouring a glass for herself which she takes a sip from.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-12-02 at 03:30 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia looks at her newly acquired glass of wine, then back up at Irena. This is a touch awkward. "I can't really drink wine." She says apologetically. Irena seems to have forgotten the dietary requirements of vampirism.

Unless of course Irena had the foresight to have Ichor Liquor. If that's the case, Nadia will take a sip. "Thanks."

8. - Top - End - #1118

[Suncrest Manor]

Well, whatever it's in those drinks aren't really important anyway. <.<

"Don't make yourself too comfortable, we're going to leave soon." Irena says mysteriously as Nadia might hear a car pull over outside.

"It's early." She observes, "Might as well..." Irena slowly offers her hand to Nadia, smiling slightly. "May... may I take you for a ride?" She asks, attempting to be courteous with a clumsy bow, acting generally un-Irenalike.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia glances toward the door when she hears the car. Now she's very curious. She reaches out and takes Irena's hand before shifting to stand closer to the other woman.

"You don't need to sound so formal. I'd love to go for a ride with you." There's a slight trill to Nadia's voice out of excitement and nervousness. Irena's taking her out on an actual date, and some kind of surprise too.

10. - Top - End - #1120

[Suncrest Manor]

"Heh... sorry, I just wanted it to sound special." Irena admits as she squeezes Nadia's hand, smiling at the vampire as she gently leads her outside.

By the street a limousine is waiting for them. The witch let's go of Nadia's hand and let's her inside first like a real gentlewoman before she takes a seat as well. There appears to be a TV there, champagne in ice, a minibar and some comfortable looking armchairs.

"Plenty of space at least." The witch says with a laugh as she slumps down. She seems a lot happier then before.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

A limo? Nadia certainly seems to be impressed. She grins at Irena as she slips in and takes a seat. "Wooow. Just wow." The vampire slides closer to Irena. "This is amazing."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-12-02 at 04:52 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Orc in the Playground

Exbourne Manor- Within The Walls

Since it confirms that the monkey is indeed next to Ramiro's Office, it is useful. The monkey then settles down to wait. Since it doesn't have its own seperate personality, it can't get bored and can wait as it is until the end of the world. Or until something interesting happens, anyway.

Exbourne Manor- Ramiro's Office

"Of course, as you wish. I shall see you whenever something interesting comes up or when I find something about that blackjack I'm looking into." Mortius means club. Specifically, Club Pulse.

Club Pulse- Behind The Bar

The monkey glances at the air vent. If it's well-fastened, it's a useless hiding place. If it's not, the monkey will dash over and unfasten it to hide within, holding it up behind itself to make it seem untampered with. If it's well-fastened, the monkey will look elsewhere, possibly beneath the bar amongst the bottles presumably stored beneath. I have never been in a club, so I don't know if there's bottles beneath the bar.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #1123

The air vent will also be a bit hard to reach and it won't tug despite the monkey's efforts.
    It's possible to hide in the bar however, but there are no bottles there, it's completely empty at the moment.

The cleaning lady will pass the monkey without noticing it however, whistling on some obscure melody as the takes out some keys and opens up the door to the cellar and then starts to walk down the stairs.

[Suncrest Manor]

"I know right?" Irena asks as seems pretty much as impressed as Nadia is at the interior of the car.

She puts her arm around Nadia and brings her a bit closer, "I wanted tonight to be special so I hired it." She declares proudly. "Want something from the minibar? I specifically told them to bring more then one type of blood drink though I'm honestly not sure what else there can be beside blood though."

Nadia can probably hear the engine starting as the limousine starts to move.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor - Ramiro's Office]

"Thank you, Mortius. Call me as soon as you find anything of importance." Ramiro says before presumably hanging up.

[Limo]

Nadia puts her arm around Irena in turn and gives her a peck on the cheek. "You're the best, Irena." She glances at the minibar. "Hm, I'll that one." And then one of the drinks starts flowing out of the bottle, through mid air, and into her glass.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-12-02 at 06:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1125

[Limo]

"Drink as much as you want. I was going to take you to restaurant enchante but then I remembered you don't eat anything but blood so we're going elsewhere." Irena explains with a smile as Nadia kisses her.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ogre in the Playground

[Limo]

"Oh, and where's that?" Nadia asks curiously. She sips at her blood. part of her isn't expecting an answer. Irena probably wants it to be a surprise or something. =x

17. - Top - End - #1127

[Limo]

"You'll see." Irena replies with a smile. "I'll tell you all about it once we arrive." She continues as she then grab some champagne to drink directly from the bottle.
    "So have you ever wondered what all that blood in your drink comes from? Some sort of bloodbank?"

The limo drives out into the roads of outside...

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

[Limo]

Nadia raises an eyebrow and smiles. Now she's extra curious! "No idea. I imagine they have some kind of legitimate source if they've been selling it this long though."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-12-05 at 07:02 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Orc in the Playground

Well, even if there's no bottles to hide amongst, hopefully the janitor won't look beneath it if that's where the monkey ends up. Either way, it darts out and through the door shortly after the janitor (so it doesn't get shut out). If the stairs are along a corridor and walled on both sides, the monkey has to be careful not to be spotted. If there's a gap or railing on one side as the stairs descend straight into the cellar though the monkey will jump off the edge (if it can see the bottom) and look around to see if there's anywhere to hide or any other doors away from this chamber.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Eastside Backstreet

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Murdock turns, giving Shin an irrate look bordering on a glare. He didn't sign up for the police just to be told to sit back and watch while a bunch of "heroes" do all the work. "Actually, sir, I believe that this badge quite clearly states that it is my job to investigate this phenomenon, while you, lacking a badge, are a civilian." He says, trying to keep his tone of voice calm as he whips out his badge and displays it to Shin. "Now, I won't stop you from trying to help, vigilantes are fully encouraged as long as they follow the spirit of the law, but I would appreciate it if you didn't try to tell me how to do my job." It's worth noting that while he's berating the would-be hero, Murdock is right at the edge of the mist with his back facing towards it, making him a prime target.

The poor sap has only has three days till retirement.

Shin simply shrugs as he says, "Okay then, more power to ya. Although now that I get a good look at you shouldn't you be retired or something old man? I mean this cannot be good on the old bones. You sure you don't want me to take care of this while you go home and rest" While Shin is actually doing this out of consideration for the old man he still sounds like an arrogant teenage jack*ss while doing it.

21. - Top - End - #1131

Eastside Backstreet

The fog is still there and noone is even going to drag someone inside. Why risk something if you have the fog on your side. There aren't anylive forms near the fog on the main street you stand.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #1132

Eastside- Backstreet

Hoo boy. Shin has earned himself a death glare from Murdock, who certainly doesn't appreciate the concern. "Might I remind you that getting in the way of a police officer is a crime? And I'd also like to restate my previous statement; don't try to tell me how to do my job." Stupid punk kids with their superpowers and their good intentions!

Wrecked Ship

Reynar drops down to the floor, rubbing his neck gingerly as he stands up. "See? That w♠sn't s♦ hard, w♠s it? Your lusi's up ♠t the swimmin deck, l♦ng with ♠ll the ♦ther w♠ter bre♠thers. ♠ course, you're gonn♠ heheh♠ve to be p♦lite t♦ ♠ll those heheheh♦ity-t♦ity se♠-dwellers, c♠use they're ♠lre♠dy pissed ♦f enuff t♠ just kill y♦u fer bein rude." He says, unable to keep the laughter from creeping into his words as he imagines Sei actually trying to be cordial while talking to a bunch of irate, stuck-up nobles. Truly, a recipe for hilarity with a side of disaster.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Eastside Backstreet

Shin raises hands up in surrender as he says, "Whoa there cowboy! Allright I won't get in your way and you won't get in mine. That way everyone's happy. Also I was just saying your a little old for this. I wasn't telling you how to do your job." With that Shin's had enough with talking and walks into the mist to try to investigate it. A lot of people had been complaining about it. It was just that he was doing bigger and better things at the moment. Now however it had his full attention.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Eastside - Hospital Site]

Estella looks rather perturbed by the music, if not too worried. Though she should be as she has no resistance to the compulsion to sleep like Teq. She'll slump against the wall and be out soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Eastside - Hospital Site

The speaker is shoot but it continues singing a horrible broken version of the lullaby.

Hush, little... *croak* baby, don't say a word,
    Ma-ma's going to buy you a *Kssh*

If that diamond ring turns *Krsh* ash
    Mama's going to buy you a looking Glaaaa *crack*

And with awful crack the music goes silent.
    Teq straightens slowly while the music winds down, a feeling of triumph overriding the urge to sleep. His nostrils flare and he holsters his pistol, swaying on his feet. The soldier moves toward Estalla, attempting to seize one of her shoulders. He'll shake it vigorously.

"Estalla!" Teq barks, sounding for all the world like some deranged drill sergeant.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

Estella's eyes snap open and sits bolt upright. "Huh? What happened?" She's sure awake now.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Eastside- Backstreet

Hoo boy. Shin has earned himself a death glare from Murdock, who certainly doesn't appreciate the concern. "Might I remind you that getting in the way of a police officer is a crime? And I'd also like to restate my previous statement; don't try to tell me how to do my job." Stupid punk kids with their superpowers and their good intentions!

Wrecked Ship

Reynar drops down to the floor, rubbing his neck gingerly as he stands up. "See? That w♠sn't s♦ hard, w♠s it? Your lusi's up ♠t the swimmin deck, l♦ng with ♠ll the ♦ther w♠ter bre♠thers. ♠ course, you're gonn♠ heheh♠ve to be p♦lite t♦ ♠ll those heheheh♦ity-t♦ity se♠-dwellers, c♠use they're ♠lre♠dy pissed ♦f enuff t♠ just kill y♦u fer bein rude." He says, unable to keep the laughter from creeping into his words as he imagines Sei actually trying to be cordial while talking to a bunch of irate, stuck-up nobles. Truly, a recipe for hilarity with a side of disaster.
    Sei just happens to be one of those stuck up nobles, although he hates the lot of them more than any lowblood ever could.
    "FinΣ thΣn. DirΣct mΣ to thΣ vault."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

27. - Top - End - #1137

[Limo]

Nadia raises an eyebrow and smiles. Now she's extra curious! "No idea. I imagine they have some kind of legitimate source if they've been selling it this long though."
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

Well, even if there's no bottles to hide amongst, hopefully the janitor won't look beneath it if that's where the monkey ends up. Either way, it darts out and through the door shortly after the janitor (so it doesn't get shut out). If the stairs are along a corridor and walled on both sides, the monkey has to be careful not to be spotted. If there's a gap or railing on one side as the stairs descend straight into the cellar though the monkey will jump off the edge (if it can see the bottom) and look around to see if there's anywhere to hide or any other doors away from this chamber.

Estella's eyes snap open and sits bolt upright. "Huh? What happened?" She's sure awake now.
    Eastside - Hospital Site

The elevator abruptly stops all of sudden but the doors don't open. There is a strange sound above you however, like there is someone drumming on the elevator, desperate to get inside.

There actually is a railing where it can slink between and the bottom isn't too far below. The cleaning lady slowly wanders down the stairs, completely oblivious of the monkey. It will find plenty of places to hide as it seems the basement have been converted into a wine cellar.

It could just hide behind a barrel.

Otherwise the room is pretty ordinary, the distribution board the only thing noteworthy down here. It looks like the cleaning lady just went down here to scrub the floors.
    However the monkey might realize the cellar looks far too small for the club, like if this was only half of the basement floor.

[Limo]

"I'd hope so..." Irena replies, showing a hint of that old vampire hunter side of hers.

But who cares about that? Off to outside!

28. - Top - End - #1138

Eastside Backstreet

Seems like the persons in the fog are either shy or smart. If Shin has his life sign search still on he notice that there are two in the backstreet currently. Since I don't know how far this thing goes or what it showes I can't tell you much more.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Eastside Backstreet

Shin turns towards the lifesigns his eyes narrowing. His lifesign detector was pretty basic. It had a range of about 50 meters, but it has the drawback of only being able to detect the basics like heart rate, height, weight, gender. Any in depth stuff like weak bones, age, immune system, diseases, and lame limbs were not on his radar.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Orc in the Playground

Club Pulse- Basement

The skeletal monkey will remain behind a barrel for the duration of the cleaner's stay. As soon as she leaves however it shall explore the room more thouroughly. When it notices the size of the room and realises it should be bigger, the monkey will look again, examining everything that looks out of place.

Being an undead construct with no need for rest, food, water or oxygen, it shall continue examining the room until it either finds something or it is disturbed by somebody entering the cellar.