New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VI

[Wellspring Tower - Library]

"Well, I don't know if my library will have anything, but I can look." Replies Sigrun tentatively.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

((You can bring out Vino if you want. We don't have anything planned out; this is spur-of-the-moment silliness. Even I don't know what Rot's going to do. ))

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Westside - Exbourne Manor]

Blame Tia. It was a proper vampire manor before. D=

Durin ignores the boring comment. "In his office." Without further comment, he'll lead Rot there. Not before subtly signalling a nearby servant, however. "Go inside." He says once they arrive.

It's still all of the vampires' fault. A proper one wouldn't stand for such conditions!

"Thank you."

Rot can be polite if he wants to. The vampire goes to open the door, stride inside the office, and close the wooden portal behind him. He still has his disturbing fanged grin on, though it's probably not too bothering to another vampire. If Ramiro is actually there and it isn't a sneaky trap.

"Greetings. I am Rot. I am here to talk."

The pale man casts his gaze around for a chair to lounge in, and will promptly sit in it unless something else happens or if there isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

[Eastside - Streets]

"I work in the name of Genesis, the Queen of Rings, Ruler of the Wellspring Court. Those that would oppress the poor of Riverside must answer to her judgement, and I, as her servant, do her bidding." Takara states this simply, without much aural flourish.

[Eastside - Light's Heart]

"Then I must know who holds this fortress, and why they do so. Only then can my doubts be assuaged, no?" The heron transforms back into a woman, looking towards the gate into the fortress.

[Eastside - Hospital Site]

Cierra will lead the others upstairs once Estella is ready to move on. She doesn't know what to make of what Estella saw, only that it is probably linked to what is going on here, and that they're on the right track.

[Cent Street]

Both groups might see the tall, blued robed, blond haired woman at the entrance to the carnival.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Streets]

"Very well. I don't know how she gained her authority, but it seems she enforces it, and that's the best I'll get here."

The one with the key places it in two links of the chain hooked to the middle Keserathi's collar, and turns it, causing the chain to fall away, a ripple of magical energy running to each of the ones next to her.

The semi-transparent woman slumps to the ground, breathing shallow. The two next to her follow suit a few moments later, their chains also slipping off.

[Cent Street]

The group from The Nest has indeed seen her, though what they're doing depends on what the Hunters do.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-10-19 at 02:49 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Is there anything here about "Children of the Sun" or "Eaters of Sin"? Both were the terms Lady Genesis used to describe us. Johann has never been one to look too much into Hunters' origins. He left such navel-gazing to the Visionaries. But now he feels like he's got some answers right in front of him.

[Cent Street]

A vampire? Well, that's enough to put the Hunters on their guard. One of them steps back and lets the others lead.
    As they move closer, it is revealed that one of them is a scrawny, bespectacled man with a short beard. He's dressed in a heavy jacket and holding a gun.

((Except in the outfit described above of course.))
    The other one is a bald, mixed-race, muscular man also wearing thick clothing and carrying an ax in his hand and a knife at his belt.
    The third Hunter is a short, stocky man with red hair tied back in a ponytail and a short goatee, dressed in a thick leather jacket much like the other two and also holding a hangdun.
    Which one of you is Takara? The bespectacled man asks. All three of them are ready to act should the bloodsuckers attack.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cent Street]

The group turns to face them, and Rael says "None of us, nor do we know who she is."

((Genesis only reffered to her as the Lady of Rings when she talked to the group from The Nest, so they really don't have any clue who the Hunters are looking for.))

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

"Hmm. Well, the lady does like to speak in riddles, I've noticed." Observes Sigrun. "The latter of the two titles is pretty obvious, but if it applied to you I think you'd know. Are you familiar with Sin Eaters?" Assuming he isn't, she continues on.

"Basically, if someone was close to death and hadn't been able to repent for sins, or wasn't able to, someone would be brought in to perform a ritual in which they took on that person's sins. It would leave the dying man clean and capable of entering his afterlife umblemished, but the Sin Eater would bear the burden in his stead. A lot of the time, Sin Eaters were outcasts, homeless people used for this purpose so higher class citizens could feel at peace." Explains Sigrun. "It was a pretty strange practice."

"I'm not really sure about the first epithet though."
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2011-10-19 at 03:25 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Wellspring Tower - River of Shadows]

[Kate Kyland]
    A body must have a frame before it may have meat. Your thoughts make sense to me, Kate, though these skills are not mine. Magic and fantasy are my elements, not the works of man.
    Yet I believe there are options available to you. Amil my Knight of Staves, has some understanding of this as well. Crissellea, Knight of Cups, has the resources to aid in such an endeavor, and Nadia, Page of Rings, has the power to create an infrastructure should the territory be claimed in my name. Sigrun may be able to provide spells that would be of use.

My power is stronger where my territory is solidified, as well. Perhaps you may wish to start by claiming territory, and building upon it from there.
    Kate finishes her phone call (suddenly, reception! No clue why!) and begins to ponder what Genesis has said.

Amil... that name sound familiar, but Kate can't quite put her finger on it...

Crissellea... resources... Kate need information, which is a resource.

Nadia... sounds like she would be helpful later.

Sigrun... also helpful later.

So, she starts looking for Crissellea.

Kate starts looking for a directory, so she can find Crissellea.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Johann nods.
    I suppose that makes sene. We Hunters are burdened with our mission so that others might live safe lives. Yes, I can see what she meant. Now, children of the sun... perhaps she's referring to those who are the source of our power somehow? We know little about them; only that they gave us messages and sent us on our hunt.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-10-19 at 04:14 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower]

Amil approaches!

Her shape ripples and wavers as she draws near, quickly settling into the form she's most comfortable with. Not a perfect mimic of a human, but close enough to leave her feeling secure. A subtle psionic field around her encourages those observing her to overlook her less than human features.

She offers a polite bow to Genesis.

"I've been given a unique opportunity. I felt helpless before. A victim. But I don't have that fear anymore. I want to use my gift to make the Nexus a better place for everyone. And so I stand before you again."

She's ready to help!

Yay!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "I never use most of this stuff, anyway. I didn't even know I had that." Defelent also admires Naethalee's new bracelet, though he's focussing more on her skin than the silver.
    But of course.
    Naethaelee smiles, and possibly poses just abit, before chuckling softly.
    "I suppose I should get dressed at some point, yes?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Black Haired Man]
    The man will inadvertently find that trying to draw in the mind of Genesis is as futile as trying to drink the sea or capture a cloud. Her identity swells around him, vast and strange, but will be more likely to overwhelm than be consumed, a river pouring into a cup.
    A strange plight you bring to me. Your shape is broken, a withdrawing tide where it should be a wall. There are many ways I might assist you, but if you were to willingly relinquish your hold on this form, I could draw you from it more easily than I could banish your enemy.
    I've spent a lot of effort on this body... He says. What about the other guys in here? They're generally a bunch of okay guys. For that matter, what would happen to me? He asks, suddenly concerned.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"Yes, I suppose we should. There's a service soon, would you like to attend? As soon as we're ready, that is." Defelent gives Naethalee a grin and continues running his eyes over her body.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post

It's still all of the vampires' fault. A proper one wouldn't stand for such conditions!

"Thank you."

Rot can be polite if he wants to. The vampire goes to open the door, stride inside the office, and close the wooden portal behind him. He still has his disturbing fanged grin on, though it's probably not too bothering to another vampire. If Ramiro is actually there and it isn't a sneaky trap.

"Greetings. I am Rot. I am here to talk."

The pale man casts his gaze around for a chair to lounge in, and will promptly sit in it unless something else happens or if there isn't one.
    Ramiro looks up from his computer, seemingly not all the surprised to see Rot. "I know who you are, and you know who I am, so you can go ahead and talk." He's being far more curt with Rot than he is with most other people. Understandable, really.

[Eastside - Hospital Site]

Estella shakes her head as if to clear it. She'll glance back at the window a couple more times as they leave the room.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Yes, I suppose we should. There's a service soon, would you like to attend? As soon as we're ready, that is." Defelent gives Naethalee a grin and continues running his eyes over her body.
    "Oh, I suppose that might be interesting, to see and learn how your religion works," the half-drowess says, leaning against the wall so he can have the best view, while casually reaching for a comfortable-looking piece of clothing.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

"Excellent! First things first." Rot scowls and gestures angrily with a hand, suddenly very agitated. "All you vampires here are pansies! You should be ashamed to call yourself vampires, running a place like this! You're cooperating with the humans! Cooperating!"

The vampire leaps to his feet and starts pacing, high-collared cape swishing behind you. "They're our prey! Do the wolves make concessions for the deer? No! They eat them! Those humans out there are petitioning to get rid of the darkness! If you were a proper unholy mockery of life, you'd have executed those dissenters and spread the darkness over the whole town long ago!" He probably talked to some of the citizens peasants about the darkness thing. Rot seems disgusted now. "But no. I know what's happening. You're trying to act human, like the day-walking bags of food! And that's just sad. You can't accept the fact that you're a monster, so you just pretend you aren't. But you all are."

The vampire pauses for a moment, calming down to looking only a bit bothered. "And you've decorated horribly. Call this a castle? The corridors aren't drafty and everything's too bright. Couldn't hurt for you all to at least try to dress properly also."

Rot sits back down, his rant apparently over, and leans forward to try to look Ramiro in the eyes. So he can try to force his ancient but, er, rotting will upon the other vampire. He's hoping the mental attack is surprising enough to be effective. "You all are going to have change your bloody ways, or I will personally stake each and every one of you fangless little cowards and take over this city myself."

He's craaazy.
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2011-10-19 at 05:51 PM.

Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [???]

"Are you nuts? There's nothing here." He raises his hands up to clamp them over his ears. Anything to block out the screams of the other man as the horror overwhelms him.

Only the door stands between the horror and them now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [???]

The screams stops abruptly as suddenly only the sound of dripping liquid can be heard outside.

Then there is suddenly a desperate trashing against the door. "Oh god... let me inside! let me inside!" A shrill female voice screams from the other side.
    ???

Cutter curses and tries to shove the man through the other door, away from the horror and through the other entrance. "Then we need to find some, hurry!"
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-10-19 at 08:00 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Ramiro shifts in his seat slightly, not looking the least bit put off by Rot's ranting. The only sign of his displeasure is the narrowing of his eyes. Something tells me that mental attack was less than effective.

He shakes his head. "You are savage, a barbarian. No better than a rabid animal that needs to be put down. I pity you, and those like you." He settles back in his seat, folding his hands under his desk.

[???]

This door leads to rougher hallway. It inclines downward slightly and only has the occasional light. Perhaps some manner of escape tunnel for just this reason. "Please no. Just let me go and run. The facility will be sealed soon and we'll be trapped inside." The man sounds desperate. It's understandable. He doesn't want to be sealed in with the horror.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

"You pity me? Hah! You think you're different than me, that you're any better? We're all monsters here."

Rot snarls at Ramiro and stands up again; and leans over the desk to growl in the other vampire's face. He's tensing a bit, getting ready to spring if he has to.

"You have to drink blood to survive, just like me. You've just put your food in a cage of words where you can feed on them without upsetting them. I may be an animal, but at least I'm not a parasite like you."

Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Westside - Exbourne Manor

"What? He's here?"
    Vino D'Angelis says, when told of Rot's presence. "This is perfect. Keep him here. We'll never get a better opportunity"

My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Kate finishes her phone call (suddenly, reception! No clue why!) and begins to ponder what Genesis has said.

Amil... that name sound familiar, but Kate can't quite put her finger on it...

Crissellea... resources... Kate need information, which is a resource.

Nadia... sounds like she would be helpful later.

Sigrun... also helpful later.

So, she starts looking for Crissellea.

Kate starts looking for a directory, so she can find Crissellea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Johann nods.
    I suppose that makes sene. We Hunters are burdened with our mission so that others might live safe lives. Yes, I can see what she meant. Now, children of the sun... perhaps she's referring to those who are the source of our power somehow? We know little about them; only that they gave us messages and sent us on our hunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Wellspring Tower]

Amil approaches!

Her shape ripples and wavers as she draws near, quickly settling into the form she's most comfortable with. Not a perfect mimic of a human, but close enough to leave her feeling secure. A subtle psionic field around her encourages those observing her to overlook her less than human features.

She offers a polite bow to Genesis.

"I've been given a unique opportunity. I felt helpless before. A victim. But I don't have that fear anymore. I want to use my gift to make the Nexus a better place for everyone. And so I stand before you again."

She's ready to help!

Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    I've spent a lot of effort on this body... He says. What about the other guys in here? They're generally a bunch of okay guys. For that matter, what would happen to me? He asks, suddenly concerned.

[Kate Kyland]
    Well, there is certainly no directory outside in the courtyard... but finding one in the tower is going to be a fruitless search as well. Yet, eventually she might find her way to the library, as it is the closest thing to an archive or database that the library has. Perhaps Sigrun might have some answers for her... or at least know where people are.

[Amil]
    Your presence and willingness is well marked, Knight of Staves. I believe I have use for you-
    Kate Kyland, one of those who met my test in the Masquerade, has a vision for how to aid this city. She believes it needs power, and an infrastructure to carry it. I have pondered on the matter, and I believe I have an answer.

The Queen of Rings draws attention to the River, and then sends imagery of rushing along its length to where the Eastside Dam lies. This structure represents harnessing the power of the river... yet it also takes control of the river and blocks its course, dampening its power and flow. If we were to claim it, and remake it in the image of the River Court, I might make it into the source of power we require.
    It is currently claimed by another, I believe, but they do not put it to proper use. How you claim it from them is your choice, but know that the resources of the River Court are behind you, as is my power.

[Stranger with a Strange Mind]
    If it is truly your desire, I will drive this intruder from you. But do not expect it to be easy, nor will it necessarily be swift. Genesis concedes.

Sigrun bites her lip. "Maybe. I don't really know what you're talking about, so I can't contribute." She stares at the table, thinking. "You know, there is one thing that comes to mind, but I don't know how much truth there is to. It's just a fable, as far as I know."

The library gets up and retrieves a slim yellow book from one of the shelves, then returns to the table and holds it out to Johann. "It could just be a coincidence, but this is a story from where Genesis comes from, that she told me about. The sun does play a prominent role in it, and at the very very end it mentions heirs..."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

It's worth a try. May I? Johann reaches for the book.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

[Cent Street]

Although Takara had been hoping to indulge in some theatrics with whoever was sneaking up behind, it seems like affairs require clarification. With a sign she turns around. "I am Takara, the Lady of Rings." She looks at the Hunters, and the other three gathered there, and possibly whoever was sneaking up on her.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Genesis will probably sense Cyra's grin spread internally. She actually does have enough poetic taste to really like that answer.

Interesting. Very interesting. But is what you say true? Or are you simply another would-be ruler with a Messiah Complex? This question is the one of I have come to learn the answer to, by my own observation. I admit I have been somewhat impressed so far, however. Then again, you might simply be putting on your best face for the crowd.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

[Eastside - Streets]

Takara tosses a small sack of coins to the drow. "Take this. It's enough to cover a few rounds. Hit a pub, and consider a new career." She beckons for the freed people to come over to her, and to follow her.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

[Cyra]
    Time will tell the truth more eloquently than any words of mine. Replies the Queen of Rings. Yet, consider this- if I weave a story, what use has this city for a villain? It is the role of the hero that is left unfilled.

Sigrun hands it over, and will allow Johann to read it, which he is presumably inclined to do.

The story within speaks of a rising sun, a powerful man from a distant land who rose up against his monstrous rulers, hideous beasts of unknowable precepts, with blade and gun he fought against them, with the moon and stars at his side. He drove the monsters back to the edge of their realm, yet could not slay them- so he called upon his heirs, the children of the sun, and with their support he drove the monsters from their land.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Streets]

"Thanks. Maybe we will. It hasn't been too profitable of late anyway."

The group starts to walk off.

Despair (the Tiefling) comes over, as do the Keserathi, though the semi-transparent people don't look so good.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Johann reads the book in silence. Curious. He'll have to think before telling his fellow Hunters about it. If this is true and they are heirs of the chosen champions of some sun god from another world, it's a lot to take in...
    That was enlightening. Thank you, Sigurn. I believe I'll be going now.

[Cent Street]

We are the Hunters. Your Lady Genesis directed us here so we could see her servants' actions by ourselves, the trio's leader says, also peering at the vampires. We'll try to aid you in whatever mission you're undertaking, if you'll accept it.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cent Street]

The group turns to face her, all three bowing deeply.

"Greetings, Lady of Rings. We were also sent by the Lady Genesis, for the same purpose as the Hunters."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

All the clothing is rather comfortable, though they might be slightly large for Naethalee. It's also all black. Defelent, though, is certainly appreciative of the position. Defelent goes to the chest and takes out a set of clerical robes. They don't look very comfortable, but Defelent puts them on anyway.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!