New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HT's plots

Beachside

An entrepreneur has moved her cart full of beach towels down to the site of the Giant Wave to make some money. And she makes money fast, as a few Moffs buy out her stock and start passing out towels to try and save the half drowned beach party.

Freddy achieves a towel!

So does Butler!

The towel girl runs off to invest her loot wisely before someone mugs her.

"I'm okay," Moff 4 says, and flops down on his back in the wet sand.

On the surfboard, Moff 101 grins at the lifeguard. "Oh, that was a shorthand way of saying 'I find you physically attractive and approve of being handled by you.'"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #872
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Beachside]

Well this seems like a largely unnecessary and pointless exercise.
    Silly little creatures, these are.

"It will be easier without the robe..."
    Wet normal clothes make swimming hard enough, but a wet robe?
    That'd be a pain.
    Beachside

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

Magtok's not removing the robe! That's...that's like his thing!
    Well, one of them, anyway.

Another thing of his is apparently going along with Moff shenanigans, even though he knows it's probably getting sand in his joints, salty water all over his shiny bits, and eventually, some ugly corrosive damage on at least a couple of his vital systems. Water doesn't immediately ruin him, of course, as otherwise showering would be tantamount to suicide, but salt water isn't exactly the same thing, is it?

As for swimming, he doesn't seem too keen on the idea. Something about being enveloped by that much liquid without a consistent level surface beneath him confuses his anti-grav implant, so it's of little use here. The robe, despite being the humongous burden it is, isn't going anywhere unless someone tries to yank it off, and Magtok's shiny metal bits...well, they're not making this any easier either. I wouldn't say Magtok is drowning, that would be a bit of hyperbole right now, but...well, as hard as Magtok might be trying, he's not exactly doing the best job of floating, is he? Unless the Moffs feel like dragging him back out, he's just going to exhaust himself and then get swept into deeper, shark-infested waters.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside

"It's a pleasure."
    Jezebel tells Fettina with a wry smile as she sets an arm around Shae's shoulders and wraps one of her legs with his. After looking between 'Tina, Kirk, and Dena, she gives a chuckle. "So another friend of Kirk's. I must say, I approve of your methods."

4. - Top - End - #874

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Beachside
    On the surfboard, Moff 101 grins at the lifeguard. "Oh, that was a shorthand way of saying 'I find you physically attractive and approve of being handled by you.'"
    Beachside
    He blinks a few times.
    "Oh..."
    Then he grins.
    "Thanks, stranger. What's your name?"
    "Oh, by the way, you might want to get on my back, this surfboard wasn't meant to move with two."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Beachside - Bar]

"Can't be. They're Moffs. And doing that would be doing a Good Thing," Erin quips, taking a rather deeper drink of her own drink.

"Depends on how they view it,"
    Lellienth points out, grinning, and taking a bit more of hers as well, apparently unsure about, though not displeased with, the drink's flavor. "Maybe they're trying to drown him."

And, on seeing that they've apparently ceased to push Magtok, and he's simply floating out there in the water, sort of, she tries to make a tactile and visual illusion of a shark brushing his foot.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-04-13 at 06:18 PM.

6. - Top - End - #876

[Beachside]

Oh boy!

Towels!

Freddy begins rolling on one like a dog would roll around on grass when happy. Or in other words, he rolls around on the towel like a dog would roll around in grass pretty much whenever.

Yup!

Still wet.

But getting better.

"I've still got water sloshing around in my feet," the Huldra reports to Butler. "But I think I'll be fine once I dry off completely. Water doesn't agree very well with people made of fire."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-04-13 at 07:22 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #877

Beachside

Magtok blinks. Was that a...

No, it couldn't be. I mean, we're not that far from the shore, what would a shark perfectly harmless guppy be doing all the way out here? That's ridiculous. You're letting your paranoia get the best of you again, Magtok. Don't spaz out and embarrass Libby in front of everyone, okay?

...However, you must admit, this is the Nexus. It's entirely understandable that there might be some strange, less than entirely sensible, monstrously evil man-eating sharks discarded surfboards out here. I mean, it wouldn't be the weirdest thing to ever happen, so...

"I umm...shark. I felt a shark. Can we go? And also saw it. I'd like to get out of the water. Shark. Shark. Oh gods."

Speak up, cyborg! Sharks can't hear you, after all, and you'll never get those Moffs out of the way and then get out of this alive if you don't scream!

"S-SHAAAARK!"
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-04-13 at 07:12 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

8. - Top - End - #878
    Troll in the Playground

Beachside

The Moffs are about to drag Magtok back to shore, satisfied that they've gotten there answer, when he starts blathering about sharks.

They all look at each other. A shark sighting could ruin the party!

A Moff grabs Magtok, hand over his mouth, and hissing, "Shut up, shut up, shut UP!" while dragging him back to shore*, while two more Moffs grab a third, cut him up a little, and throw him into the water past where the "shark" was seen.

Yes, they're sacrificing one of their own to save the party.

Meanwhile...
    "Moff 101," Moff 101 says, as he climbs on top of the lifeguard's back. "And what can I call you, besides smokin?"

Elsewhere...
    Shae's mind sort of goes blank and he lets Jezebel do whatever she wants with him. @.@

*attempts
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-04-13 at 07:22 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #879

Beachside
    Meanwhile...

"Moff 101,"
    Moff 101 says, as he climbs on top of the lifeguard's back. "And what can I call you, besides smokin?"
    Beachside
    As the lifeguard begins manuveuring the board back towards the shore, Moff might notice that from the top of his head to the bottom of his neck is a slightly lighter shade from the tanned beauty that is the rest of his body.
    As if he constantly wears something there.
    "The name's Johnny. Johnny Smith."
    Or just smokin' hawt might be a better name, if Moff is so inclined.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-04-14 at 05:21 AM.
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

There a combination of things that determine the direction that Harnel walks now. He was going to head to the bar, but a distraction has occurred. Despite his attempts at ignoring her and going on to get a drink of something, Harnel finds himself drawn over to Jezebel.

Part of this is the fact that he doesn't like being on bad terms with people. You never know how they may respond to that fact in the future, and it pays to have friends.

Part of the reason is because this is a party of a sort, and people are around to socialize. Jezebel is surrounded by a group, so it's likely any drama that may arise because of Harnel approaching will likely be kept to a minimum to keep from causing a scene.

Part of it is because she's naked. And glistening. And naked. He's married, and he wouldn't do something to jeopardize that, particularly with kids on the way, but damn.

"Hello Jezebel. Who are your friends?" Harnel says this politely, as if from one friend to another. The look on his face asks a question - 'do you mind if we can be friends?' Less complex than Harnel would maybe hope for in a conversation, but there's no need to drag all that baggage into this.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-04-13 at 07:31 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Beachside]

"Oh, we do lots of things to keep fit." Says Bartuc in his smoky, small-font, seductive voice.
    "Do you want to see?" Says Balthamel. By now both of the devils have basically abandoned pretense and are feeling Haruki up with abandon, rubbing his chest and stomach in a most scandalous way.
    At least they aren't naked. Yet.
    [Beach]

Haruki doesn't mind at all!

....until it starts to get a little.... too scandalous. It goes from nonchallantly letting them touch his chest to making him a little uncomfortable.

"Uh... no, it's OK, I'm not working out today, you need to rest a bit, or else things can really... GAH!"

Oh, no! Giant wave! It crashes down on him! GAH!

12. - Top - End - #882
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside]

Libby opens her mouth to interject at some point, probably where Maggy starts drowning.
    She was gonna save him! But the Moffs seemed to be on top of that.
    Okay.

Then they hush him up about sharks.
    That kind of makes sense. Don't want to panic people.

And then they bloody up one of their own and toss him out to sea?
    ...is that supposed to be...sane?
    Well, guess not, considering the Moffs. And Nexus. And the proximity-to-Maggy-making-everything-more-insane effect.
    "Can we...not kill people? On purpose or accidentally?"

Libby doesn't really expect anyone to pay attention to that, but it had to be said. She really hopes that Moff doesn't die. It's her lazy day.

Oh well. Might as well at least liberate Maggy...
    With that thought in mind, the reaper scoots on over to where the cyborg is being hushified and waves her hands in a little "shoo! shoo!" manner at the Moffs.
    "I think you guys are done with him now. Let go please."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

13. - Top - End - #883

Beachside

Magtok is silenced, dragged, and witnesses a human sacrifice in the works before getting dumped back onto the sand near Libby. He mutters something foul about luck goddesses and the world getting way too creative and wildly inconsistent with its torment of Maggy. In his frustrated, ham-fisted, and mostly unintelligible drunk sputtering, he even manages to find a way to accuse Dionysus of having some culpability in all of this.

Once he's done with that, he sets about picking himself up off the ground, only to slip on his soggy robes about two or three times. Being quite inebriated didn't help much with his balance either, of course. At least there's Libby by his side though, right? Let's hope she's not feeling vengeful about that little Jezebel mishap, since her arm is more or less essential to his plans for picking his sorry rear up off the ground.

"C-cold. Also mouth full of taste of salt water. And robe is being stupid and clingy. Pretty sure my heart is trying to punch its way out of my chest. Plus I think something might rust later. And I'm drunk."

Well yes, I'm pretty sure we were all more or less aware of that. Are you just trying to get your hands on some goddess pity or something? At least tell her what you'd like her to do or something, so she doesn't offer some silly remark about how you're still alive and in possession of most of your blood or some wacky nonsense like that again.

"Could I have a hand, please? And maybe a shoulder to lean on? Not sure I can do that whole walky thing very well right now. Oh, and if we could do something not in the water and dry and away from gambling Moffs that'd be nice too."

Magtok doesn't have much in the way of hope left, but maybe now that he was put through a near-Libby experience with a shark, exposed to corrosion-inducing salt water, hit in the face with a mouthful of sand, and accidentally positioned his face much closer to Libby's legs than considered publicly appropriate, the world will finally see fit to show a little mercy on the cyborg.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yo, drinks guy. Get my friend here something fruity and delicious."

Skaan is served a fruity cocktail with a mild amount of alcohol - just enough to add a kick to the flavour of what is otherwise a mixture of fruit juices. Possibly enough to get a normal human a bit tipsy, if they were unaccustomed to alcohol, but not staggering drunk.
    [Beachside - Drinks Hut]

Skaan, still nibbling on her recently obtained lunch, blinks and sniffs curiously at the cocktail. Her antennae twitch as she leans in and taps them lightly along the glass...

Finishing her swift consumption of the hot dog, she can now devote all of her attention to determining the nature of this strange and colourful drink. She is not at all familiar with alcohol, so lets hope it's not enough to affect her too much.

Taking it into her hands, she takes a small sip, wrinkling her nose slightly at the unfamiliar bite in the flavour. The fruit tastes good, but she's not sure about this after-taste.

She returns to placing her head down low to peer into the glass.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Beachside
    As the lifeguard begins manuveuring the board back towards the shore, Moff might notice that from the top of his head to the bottom of his neck is a slightly lighter shade from the tanned beauty that is the rest of his body.
    As if he constantly wears something there.
    "The name's Johnny. Johnny Smith."
    Or just smokin' hawt might be a better name, if Moff is so inclined.
    "Very nice to meet you, Johnny." Moff 101 says. He waves to Romeo and Dave as they approach the shore

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    [Beach]

Haruki doesn't mind at all!

....until it starts to get a little.... too scandalous. It goes from nonchallantly letting them touch his chest to making him a little uncomfortable.

"Uh... no, it's OK, I'm not working out today, you need to rest a bit, or else things can really... GAH!"

Oh, no! Giant wave! It crashes down on him! GAH!
    A Moff hands Haruki a beach towel. It's the giant size kind with lots of colourful stripes!

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    [Beachside - Drinks Hut]

Skaan, still nibbling on her recently obtained lunch, blinks and sniffs curiously at the cocktail. Her antennae twitch as she leans in and taps them lightly along the glass...

Finishing her swift consumption of the hot dog, she can now devote all of her attention to determining the nature of this strange and colourful drink. She is not at all familiar with alcohol, so lets hope it's not enough to affect her too much.

Taking it into her hands, she takes a small sip, wrinkling her nose slightly at the unfamiliar bite in the flavour. The fruit tastes good, but she's not sure about this after-taste.

She returns to placing her head down low to peer into the glass.
    "Is there a bug in your drink?" Moff 104 asks Skaan. Though given Skaans usual diet, I doubt a bug in the drink would bother her.

The Sacrificial Moff bleeds in the water and finds that no shark is coming after him. How odd!

After deciding that no shark panic seems to be occurring, and that his presence is no longer needed, he swims through a portal and away, taking some of the bloody seawater with him.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #886

"Very nice to meet you, Johnny." Moff 101 says. He waves to Romeo and Dave as they approach the shore.
    When they reach the shore, Johnny will help Moff 101 off of the surfboard and then give him another grin.
    "Looks like this is the end of the road, handsome."

Dave, however, doesn't wave back.
    Instead, he groans when he sees his brother.
    "Oh god...I completely forgot that my brother was a lifeguard here."
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #887

"Your brother is the life guard?" Romeo asks as he waves back at Moff. "That's pretty neat. What do you do, aside from surf really well?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

18. - Top - End - #888

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Your brother is the life guard?" Romeo asks as he waves back at Moff. "That's pretty neat. What do you do, aside from surf really well?"
    Beachside
    "Me? I'm a doctor. And a ninja."
    "And it isn't neat that my brother is a lifeguard here. Now I have to watch him try to pick up guys."

Oh the shame Dave is feeling right now!
    If only he had a brother who wasn't so into trying to find his soul mate!
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #889

Beachside

"I suppose you don't have to look. Unless it's a brotherly thing." Romeo's an only child. He wouldn't know if it's common to watch your brother pick up dudes.

My Characters

20. - Top - End - #890

[Beachside]

Aiden starts to walk along the beach, seeing if there's anyone whom he can talk to. Anyone who wants to approach him can do so.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Halfling in the Playground

Beachside

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Beachside]

Kirk just laughs at Dena. It was well worth the repercussions that are bound tome come later.

"Believe me, I didn't forget." He replies to Jezebel. He looks her over once more. Honestly, how could he?

Oh, and here's Fettina. "Ah. Fettina, Dena. Dena, Fettina. Fettina, Jezebel. Jezebel, Fettina. Now we're all acquainted." It really has been too long since he's spent time with Fettina if he had to introduce Dena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Beachside]

"Wow, there is another person who can stand Kirk for more then five minutes at the time?" Dena says with an look at Fettina. "I bow before you're diligence sister." She says with a little bow as she stands up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Beachside

"It's a pleasure."
    Jezebel tells Fettina with a wry smile as she sets an arm around Shae's shoulders and wraps one of her legs with his. After looking between 'Tina, Kirk, and Dena, she gives a chuckle. "So another friend of Kirk's. I must say, I approve of your methods."
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Beachside]

There a combination of things that determine the direction that Harnel walks now. He was going to head to the bar, but a distraction has occurred. Despite his attempts at ignoring her and going on to get a drink of something, Harnel finds himself drawn over to Jezebel.

Part of this is the fact that he doesn't like being on bad terms with people. You never know how they may respond to that fact in the future, and it pays to have friends.

Part of the reason is because this is a party of a sort, and people are around to socialize. Jezebel is surrounded by a group, so it's likely any drama that may arise because of Harnel approaching will likely be kept to a minimum to keep from causing a scene.

Part of it is because she's naked. And glistening. And naked. He's married, and he wouldn't do something to jeopardize that, particularly with kids on the way, but damn.

"Hello Jezebel. Who are your friends?" Harnel says this politely, as if from one friend to another. The look on his face asks a question - 'do you mind if we can be friends?' Less complex than Harnel would maybe hope for in a conversation, but there's no need to drag all that baggage into this.

"Nice to meet you guys." Tina gives a low chuckle at Dena, returning the small bow with a wry grin. "Believe me, it's not always easy." The musician's gaze drifts between Jezebel and Kirk. "Forty-eight hours, though? Maybe Dena and I shouldn't complain."

Her attention returns to the naked heretic woman, not because she's naked, but because of that little comment. Tina arches a brow. "Methods? What do you mean?" A newcomer arrives not a moment later, and just so she can shorten the next round of introductions, Tina says, "Tina. More like a friend of a friend."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-14 at 05:26 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside

"I meant Kirk's methods."
    Jezebel says jokingly. Looking up at Harnel, she smiles slyly before yawning and giving a slow stretch to work out the kinks in her arms and legs. "Meet Shae, Kirk, Fettina and Dena." With a short glance back at Shae, she chuckles. "Though, he is a bit stunned from the looks of things. It's nice to see you again, Harnel. Care to take a seat?" She asks, patting the ground on the opposite side of her than Shae. "Sorry about last time, but I was trying to somewhat make amends in a strange, roundabout way. Hope it worked out for the better."

23. - Top - End - #893

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Beachside

"I suppose you don't have to look. Unless it's a brotherly thing." Romeo's an only child. He wouldn't know if it's common to watch your brother pick up dudes.
    Beachside
    "You don't get it, and it's hard to explain why it bothers me. So let's wait for your friend to come over and I'll teach you how to surf."
    "Do you have a board?"
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

"Is there a bug in your drink?" Moff 104 asks Skaan. Though given Skaans usual diet, I doubt a bug in the drink would bother her.
    [Beachside - Drinks Hut]

Skaan looks over at him, tilting her head confusedly. There are no bugs in her drink, and that certainly wouldn't bother her anyway. She might even see it as a bonus.

"Skaan." she gurgles, sniffing at the drink some more. Weird rainbow drinks! With another sip, she wrinkles her nose again. What a strange creature she is.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beachside

"Oh, Kirk don't really have a method, he's more of a drinking fountain, anyone can drink from him. He just shows that he's available." Dena says with a smile before turning to Harnel, ogling the half-dragon curiously.

"Dena, nice meeting you." She tells him with a smile. "I think I saw you at the auction." He was the guy that got kicked out. "How do you know Jezebel exactly?"

26. - Top - End - #896

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Beachside
    "You don't get it, and it's hard to explain why it bothers me. So let's wait for your friend to come over and I'll teach you how to surf."
    "Do you have a board?"
    Beachside

"Yep," Romeo says patting the board. "Got it from the rental place."

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #897
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside]

So far this party has a been a great idea on Libby's part.
    Has there been even a five minute stretch of something not awful happening to Magtok?
    She's not sure, but she hasn't been watching a clock.

A hand is offered to help him up, and a shoulder for support offered just as simply. It would be callous to not present either or both, when she partially responsible, and moreso if she truly cared for him.
    Which she does! More than the cyborg is comfortable with, but that hasn't stopped her so far.

She looks around for a moment, trying to see if there's anywhere that is less-Moffed at the party.
    "Those fellows seem to be more or less everywhere here...
    But there's a drink place over there? Maybe if we just sit down for a bit we'll be fine."

By "we" she means "you", but hopefully some company in the statement will make him feel better! Hopefully.
    Doubtfully.

An ugly feeling of guilt is starting to swirl around again.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

OH hey! Towels!
    Butler is more than happy to accept one and dry off with it before tying it off around his waist.

"People aren't made of fire ma'am. If people were made of fire, they'd burn to death ma'am." Butler explains to the obviously confused Decker!

Not that Butler's confused about anything himself or anything. What with Freddy being not Decker, a guy, and on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Troll in the Playground

"Thanks for saving me," Moff 101 says, and gives Johnny a thank you kiss.

Moff 104, feeling he's done his good deed for the day in procuring food for Skaan, gets a drink for himself and goes to sun himself and ogle hot men.

Shae waves a wing at the people he was just introduced to.

A Moff hands Maggy a beach towel. It has transformers printed on it. But not just any transformers - unlicensed knock off transformers!

HT isn't feeling well and hopes people will carry on without her for a while. x.x
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-04-15 at 07:37 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #900

Beachside
    Johnny grins.
    "You're certainly welcome. Call me sometime, though."
    He'll hand Moff 101 his phone number on a slip of paper.
    Why does he carry those around?
    You never know when you might find some hot guy.

"Good, OH GOD THERE THEY GO AT IT." he said as he looked at his brother, covering his eyes.
    Busy with Life