New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default [OPitP] One Piece in the Playground Discussion Thread

Well, figured it took me long enough to get off my arse and do something about this, so, with all ado, let us discuss:

One Piece In The Playground!

First off, pasting some details from the OOC central.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    This is unlikely, as the AnimeitPs are based around the One Piece setting, but are an alternate universe where no canon characters exist. You could, however, make a swordsman character of your own.
    Pretty much this. Also, like Bleach In The Playground, it is very likely I will strive to have OPitP be plot-driven. Ideally, there will be enough people to create their own crews without having to resort to NPCs or playing multiple characters in a crew too much. There is also the possibility of playing a Marine, or the such.

Speaking of which, as of now, I am looking for dedicated individuals to play the top brass of the marines, the shichibukai, and likely the yonkou. Given this will be plot-oriented, they will likely be, where appropriate, the "antagonists" or driving forces behind the plot.

In addition, I would also vaguely consider having the same "Central 5" to make important decisions, in this context being the Gorosei, but it'd mostly be an OOC thing. I mean, there's some pretty much broken devil's fruit, at the least. Also, I feel it worth mentioning I don't think anyone should be able to have Haoshoku Haki without extremely good reason, and very likely said Gorosei's approval. It's basically a "Chosen One" skill, and given this is an RP, it wouldn't be fair to designate a main character or main characters over anyone else, and if it were freely allowed, there's no reason everyone couldn't take it, and thus the one-in-a-million thing would be pretty much null and void. Which I do not believe to be a good thing. Sure, it's basically a mook killer, but it's a legendary skill nonetheless.

These are just things I'd consider to be worth organizing in the RP, but feel free to correct me.

As for how I think it should be organized, I think we could possibly get away with playing the "early" game with the four seas (North, South, East, West) then eventually ease into the Grand Line.

Excuse me if my thoughts are rather incoherent, I have a lot of them on my mind. Feel free to ask my opinions on anything regarding this RP, but again, I'm not a dictator, I'll leave the ultimate organization of the RP to the players, not one person. As much as I think having organization is a good thing.

EDIT: Also, I'd vaguely consider keeping historical details of the world of One Piece.

As a secondary, I would not be opposed to the creation of new Devil's Fruits, either, within reason. I mean, hell, the whole thing more or less came from my own idea on a devil fruit.
    And here's the One Piece Wiki, too, for good measure.

With my own comments out of the way, let us commence. For what it is worth, I am currently working on a Shichibukai of my own, Avery Sloth. He will have logia-type fruit powers, the Boku Boku no Mi (wood wood fruit, however in English I like the sound of Bark-Bark fruit more) centering around the manipulation of plant matter. And finally, his ship will be the Isaac Newton. I'll work on creating a simple but thorough character sheet to display this information. XD

EDIT: And here's the IC thread.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-12-04 at 12:56 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [OPitP] One Piece in the Playground Discussion Thread

So to be clear:
    May I be one of the Top Brass?
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Don't see why not, I'm just one guy, I don't have authority, even if I will be trying to shape the story.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, count me in. I'm definitely for this.

Gonna be a little bit before I get a character up, but I'm definitely joining.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

5. - Top - End - #5

Don't see why not, I'm just one guy, I don't have authority, even if I will be trying to shape the story.
    Thanks!
    I'll have a character up in a little bit.
    After I play some El Shaddai!

EDIT:
    Is this character okay?

Preppa Olinozaku
    Alias: The Brilliant Admiral
    Female
    Race: Human
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Profession: Marine Admiral
    Power Rating: B+
    Description: A tall woman with long, blonde hair and freckles and green eyes. She wears her Marine Uniform constantly.
    Personality: To be developed IC
    Equipment: Marine Uniform, Gloves with multiple lenses on the fingertips.
    Ablities: After eating the Light-Light Fruit, she can exude light in high quantities from her body and control the properties of the light. This can be anywhere from blinding to a light glow. If she goes bright enough she can cause the air around her to heat up as well. She uses the lenses on her gloves by focusing the light she can exude through them, making the sunlight denser and into a beam of light that will actually singe and catch things on fire, if she makes it hot enough it can even become a laser. She is also trained in hand-to-hand combat and is trained to use many common Marine weapons.
    Back Story: When Preppa was a young girl, she wandered into a bar while shopping with her mom. There she saw a group of pirates hauling in loot and having a great time. A particular chest, one made of mahogany and with a heavy lock on it, caught her eye. When the pirates passed out she stole the chest and brought it home where she broke open the lock. Inside she found a fruit shape like a sun. She immediately ate it, curious to what it tasted like. That night she couldn't fall asleep as the sunlight she began to exude kept her up.
    She eventually learned how to control her powers, and found she had two weaknesses: The sea and bananas(they give her indigestion).
    Logically she joined up with the Marines because she remembered those pirates and she found that she hated them. She rose through the ranks till she was an Admiral, one of the highest ranks.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-10-31 at 12:59 PM.
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

I'm not exactly used to using alignment in RP, personally, only having experience in Bleach in the Playground. Also, I have no idea what the power rating is. XD

And now, this!

Avery Sloth
    Spoiler
    Show

Occupation: Royal Shichibukai, Captain and Shipwright of the Leaf Pirates

Epithets: The Forest Devil

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 168 lbs.

Bounty (former): B311,000,000.

Speaking Color: Dark Green

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avery Sloth is a gangly man with long but muscular arms, and distinctive long, messy green hair and forest green eyes. His chest is well-molded despite his laziness, though that is more from his devil fruit powers and diet than any huge amount of effort on his shape. He commonly takes to wearing his signature green captain's coat with black fur trimming around the collar over whatever else he is wearing at the time.
    It's rumored that he spends an hour trimming flowers and weeds from his hair every morning, and that if he allows his facial hair to grow, it takes the appearance of moss. It is also said that his hair shifts to accomodate different climates, however that's probably just a rumor.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Befitting his name, Avery is rather lazy and sluggish in casual conversation. Even while carrying out the orders of the World Government or Marines, he can take to procrastinating and taking his sweet time on missions. He can't be bothered to destroy every pirate he comes across despite his rank as a Shichibukai, and on occasion he has even hosted pirates on his ship (for those that aren't terrified of him) because he loves drinking with company. This has led to a few occasions where cowardly pirates stole from his ship after nights of partying, and got away because he wasn't inclined to chase after them, despite the hit to his reputation.
    Despite his languor state, he is rather serious about keeping his ship, the Isaac Newton in good repair (though it takes all but a thought for him to repair holes in the ship, being a Tree Man). He is also rather serious about keeping his skin healthy, as well as the skin of his crew, and he has been known to recommend herbs for proper exfoliation. He is also a rigid vegetarian, refusing to serve any form of meat on his ship.
    Despite his quirks, and his almost ridiculously slow rises to anger, when he gets down to business, he is a terrifying tactical fighter who uses his powers to full use. Though it takes nothing short of repeated personal attacks, or the wounding or killing of his favored crew to rouse him into such a state.
    Many are not sure why Avery became a Shichibukai. Some say he was too lazy to press on into the new world and take the position of a Yonkou. The truth is hidden from common knowledge, however, and it is often a sore subject for the shichibukai. He does not show overly strong loyalty to the World Government, and some say despite his laziness that they would rather have him as an ally than an enemy.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avery started his career 25 years ago, during the old age of piracy. Despite his nature as of now, he was a powerhouse on the sea, quickly becoming a feared pirate who sailed the Grand Line like it was a breeze. However, unknown complications arose as he passed into the New World five years after the start of his journey. He returned several years later a changed man, his former crew disappeared and his confidence a wreck. Instead of opting to finish him, the World Government offered him a position as a Royal Shichibukai, which he has held for nearly 15 years since.

Powers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Boku Boku no Mi: Avery possesses the power of the Bark Bark/Wood-Wood fruit, a Logia-type devil fruit, granting him power over plant matter. As such, he shares the nigh-invulnerability of Logia users, skilled in the use of his logia dodge as he transforms himself into leaves. He has displayed the ability to grow trees in moments, and also manipulate his body into an iron-hard wood. The full extent of his powers are unknown, given how many forms of plant matter there are.
    His logical weakness is fire, and he has been known to have an aversion to insects.

Skilled Swordsman: Avery is known as a rather skilled (though not a master) user of swordplay. However, people are often off-put by the fact that he uses a wooden blade. Given that it's usually made from his own powers, however, he is able to freely expand or contract the weapon, often catching foes off-guard.

Superhuman Strength: Avery has displayed amazing strength at times, being able to lift large redwood trees and fling them at enemy ships.

Crew: The Leaf Pirates
    Spoiler
    Show
    The original crew of the Leaf Pirates are presumed dead, however Avery gathered another crew after his inauguration as a Shichibukai.

Jolly Roger: (Excuse the terrible MSPaint)
    Spoiler
    Show

Crew:
    • Captain: Avery Sloth.
    • First Mate:
    • Navigator:
    • Shipwright: Avery Sloth.
    • Doctor:
    • Cook:
    • Misc.:

Ship: The Isaac Newton
    An odd ship in its own right, the Isaac Newton is a large Bark-type vessel, possessing three masts. It is as large as a Marine battleship, and is built of very sturdy materials, however its strength is in the fact that it was built from Avery's bark-bark powers, granting him nearly full control over it. The most unique feature of the ship is that the main mast is actually a massive oak tree, with sails built from leaves. The decks are covered in grass and moss, and often crewmembers have to tend the "gardens" of the deck more than any other job. However, the unique nature of the vessel allows Avery to always keep a supply of vegetables and grain-based foods on board, and even alcohol.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-10-31 at 03:25 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [OPitP] One Piece in the Playground Discussion Thread

One Piece in the Playground?

I will join this, even if it means I will have to break the laws of time and space to do so!

Which would fit with my desire to play a pirate, probably with a paramecia or Zoan fruit power.

Maybe a badger... with an eye-patch!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #8

Posting interest. A few questions, though. First, is there anything stopping someone from having high up characters in multiple factions? I have ideas for both a Yonkou and an Admiral/Shichibukai, but I don't want to step on anyone's feet.

Second, are you looking for Crewmembers for the Leaf Pirates?
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Posting interest. A few questions, though. First, is there anything stopping someone from having high up characters in multiple factions? I have ideas for both a Yonkou and an Admiral/Shichibukai, but I don't want to step on anyone's feet.
    I might suggest holding off on taking up multiple such positions, to give other people a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Second, are you looking for Crewmembers for the Leaf Pirates?
    Of course. Playing everyone in the crew would be boring. Though I figure Avery should have someone to crack the whip on him as his First Mate.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-10-31 at 03:30 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #10

I might hold off on taking up such positions, to give other people a chance.
    Very well.

Of course. Playing everyone in the crew would be boring. Though I figure Avery should have someone to crack the whip on him as his First Mate.
    Perfect. Is it alright with you if I create a first mate candidate?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Absolutely!

Sorry if it wasn't clear, I made an edit to say that holding back on holding multiple seats is my recommendation. I mean, it's already bad enough that Devil Fruits are one-of-a-kind, and that will probably be first-come-first-served.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-10-31 at 03:37 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #12

Excellent. In that case, I would like to make a claim on one of the Yonkou seats. I will put up both character submissions later tonight.

13. - Top - End - #13

I wanted to ask something. My knowledge of One Piece is more from the anime than anything else, and I'm not familiar with the Japanese terms you're using.

What is Yonkou and Shichbukai?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

The Shichibukai are seven pirates sanctioned by the World Government (basically privateers). They are extremely powerful in the canon universe. They have to obey the world government, but they're given leeway on breaking the law and more or less left alone.

Here's the article.

The Yonkou are, in contrast, the four strongest pirates in the New World. Considered the greatest threat to the World Government. The only two that have been on-screen up to now are Shanks and Whitebeard.

And here's the article on them!
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I definately want to get in on this. I'll make sure to put all that Nick and Kuroi have taught me into making a completely original character instead of basing them off of another pre-existing character.

16. - Top - End - #16

Ah, okay then. Yeah, I know those two groups. Just didn't know them by those names.

Okey dokey, thanks for clearing that up.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... I think I'm going to have a Martial Artist as one of the Yonko. And who is probably allied with any organisation like the one Dragon leads in Canon, as he's a major Defector from Decadence.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm in, if I can play a big-ass villain. Themed after myself. In Gene Simmons make-up and a suit.

I have trouble deciding what place in the world should he fill. A pirate? Government crook? Warlord of the Sea? One of the Four Emperors? Someting else entirely?

I'm all ears if someone has suggestions for what an evil trickster should be doing.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Okay then Here we go

Nigel Zeromus
    Spoiler
    Show

Occupation: Pirate Captain of the big blue Sea, Captain of the Crusher Crew Pirates
    Nickname: Crusher Z
    Height: "6'3"
    Weight: 178 pounds(base)
    Bounty: B180,000,000
    Speaking Color:Purple
    Ship: The Grand Terminus

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nigel is a rather burly man who has darkskin and blond hair that has been bleached to a near white by spending so much time in the sun. It comes down to his neck and is slicked back to keep it out of his eyes He is rather well muscled, much like a body builder and wears a five rings on each of his right hands fingers. His muscles tend to bulge under his clothes which consist of an open black vest that his chest and abs along with a white under shirt. He wears black pants that flare out a little at the bottom and wears steel toed combat boots. He has an X shaped scare covering his forehead.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nigel is loud and boisterous though chrasmatically so. He is a very big eater and enjoys drinking with his men, though most of the time he over does it and starts a bar brawl all in the name of good fun. He sometimes forgets that his punches can break bones with ease. He always enjoys a good brawl, he sometimes doesn't register them as fights to the death because of this fact. However despite all of these things he cares deeply for his Nakama and is willing to put his life on the line for them. He is also an eternal flirt and will often use his bulging biceps and rippling pectorals to his advantage in wooing the ladies. His quest "To become the ultimate pirate! And get laid a lot while doing it!"

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nigel started pirating as a cabin boy at the tender age of 13. Furious with teenage rage of being underestimated (that's just his opinion and how he tells the story, anyone else will tell you that he was a brat who was lucky to be a cabin boy after sneaking on a pirate ship in the first place.) he began constantly training his body to become stronger. At the age of 17 while the crew was asleep he stole a small boat and struck out on his own to form his very own pirate crew. He shipwreck and marooned himself on an island later due to his terrible sense of direction and navigational skill. He stayed on this island for 3 years surviving on the wildlife and training before he was rescued. It was on this island that he discovered and at the Grav Grav Fruit. After getting off that rock he continued on his quest. He managed to become competent enough in navigation to not end up in the middle of bum**** nowhere, at least not all the time. After 5 years he managed to assemble a crew and with said crew went into the Grandline and into the New World (Depending on where the story is taking place he is either still there or he has returned.)

Powers
    Spoiler
    Show

Grav Grav Fruit: While stranded on an island Nigel at this special fruit. It is a Paramecia Class devil fruit that grants him control over the force of gravity. He can repel things, attract them, crush them with gravitational forces, change the direction of gravity on objects, and create a zero gravity field. There may be more that he can do but at the moment this is the extent of his abilities, limited by his imagination.
    Swordsmanship:Nigel is a skilled swordsman, but uses a steel longsword. It is a rather unusual weapon for a pirate due to its weight. However with Nigel's power over gravity he can make it as light as any cutlass. A fact that he uses for surprise attacks on his enemy.
    Fisticuffs: Nigel loves using his hands to do things as he was always very active as a child. His preferred method of fighting is hand to hand because it actually allows him to feel the battle rather than just fight it. He also views it as the man's way of combat.
    Enhanced body: While he did train hard for his incredible strength that is not the only reason Nigel is as strong as he is. After eating the Grav Grav Fruit and becoming adept at its powers Nigel started to gradually increase the level of gravity on his body. He started out a 1.5 times normal gravity to start out and kept increasing it over the years. By increasing gravity on his body even swabbing the deck became a training exercise for him. His current gravity level is 5x gravity. He can release him self from these gravitic weights to increase his strength and speed.

Crew
    Spoiler
    Show

Jolly Roger: The top half of the Jolly Roger skull is in the shape of a ball of purple gravitic energy. The lower half of the skeleton has cracks in it to symbolize the gravity's crushing force

Captain:Nigel
    Firstmate:empty
    Shipwright:empty
    Navigator:empty
    Marksmen:Nigel
    Cook:empty
    Doctor:empty
    Misc:

Ship: The Grand Terminus is a head-scratcher to say the least. It seems to be somewhat mechanical with gears serving as rudders to the ship for when the masts don't have wind. The ship has six wooden masts with a sail on each. The sails are all black in color in contrast with the stark white ship. The inner parts of the ship have metal flooring and padding on the ships sides for defense reinforcement. The ship is very large almost as big as a battleship though slightly smaller. It is capable of moving at incredible speeds when the sails are taken down as Nigel can use his gravity powers to turn the rudders at incredible speeds. To finish it off the ship has six cannons on each side of the ship for sea battles.

So what do you think? Anyone want to join my crew?
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-11-01 at 09:02 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Okay, so I'm getting to character ideas going. One I would to serve under Mindfreak's character, hopefully as her next in command. The second, I would like to be one of the Shichibukai.

Any objections to those?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Okay, so I'm getting to character ideas going. One I would to serve under Mindfreak's character, hopefully as her next in command. The second, I would like to be one of the Shichibukai.

Any objections to those?
    As long as you make the shichibukai have a vague animal theme, sure. I should say at this point these characters are merely candidates, when we have enough of a player base to make decisions, as well as the C5/Gorosei.

Is it crass to nominate myself on that ground, by the way?

In other news, In the midst of character creation I'd like to propose a few guidelines on the context of the world, as I'd see it.
    • Gol D. Roger existed, and died, however his remaining crew have all disappeared and/or vanished.
    • The islands portrayed in the story of One Piece so far exist the same as they were geographically, however details of their inhabitants are changed to suit the "clean slate".
    • Yorki and his crew existed the same as Gol D. Roger; this would be the source for the lyrics behind Binks' Sake. However, they are dead as of 50 years past, as normal.
    • Tiger Fisher and the Sun Pirates existed, and the event of his freeing many slaves happened. However, Tiger is dead, and the original Sun Pirates have disbanded, leaving the Sun Pirates as an acceptable backstory. This, of course, also weighs to the Tenryuubito existing and still being massive tools.

If I'm missing anything, or if you have suggestions/modifications, feel free to comment.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

• Tiger Fisher and the Sun Pirates existed, and the event of his freeing many slaves happened. However, Tiger is dead, and the original Sun Pirates have disbanded, leaving the Sun Pirates as an acceptable backstory. This, of course, also weighs to the Tenryuubito existing and still being massive tools.
    Since my character idea can, at its very basic, be stated as 'Tenryuubito who isn't a massive tool and is pissed off at the ones who are', I vote yes on this.

Sure, I could just make him an ordinary noble who does the same, but why not go for broke?

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #23

I got no problem with you nominating yourself, Straw. You're the one starting this, so it makes sense to me.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post

Any objections to those?
    No problems here.
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

By the way, any objections to my (Secretly Tenryuubito) Martial Artist Yonkou?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I'm in, if I can play a big-ass villain. Themed after myself. In Gene Simmons make-up and a suit.

I have trouble deciding what place in the world should he fill. A pirate? Government crook? Warlord of the Sea? One of the Four Emperors? Someting else entirely?

I'm all ears if someone has suggestions for what an evil trickster should be doing.
    Perhaps he could fill one of the spaces that Crocodile(if I remember the name right) filled? Wasn't Crocodile rather respected in the town even though he was a pirate?
    Sounds perfect to me for a trickster. Running a large casino empire to keep up public image while being a pirate on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    By the way, any objections to my (Secretly Tenryuubito) Martial Artist Yonkou?
    I have no problem with this.
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Okay then Here we go

Nigel Zeromus
    Spoiler
    Show

Occupation: Pirate Captain of the big blue Sea, Captain of the Crusher Crew Pirates
    Nickname: Crusher Z
    Height: "6'3"
    Weight: 178 pounds(base)
    Bounty: B180,000,000
    Speaking Color:Purple
    Ship: The Grand Terminus

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nigel is a rather burly man who has darkskin and blond hair that has been bleached to a near white by spending so much time in the sun. It comes down to his neck and is slicked back to keep it out of his eyes He is rather well muscled, much like a body builder and wears a five rings on each of his right hands fingers. His muscles tend to bulge under his clothes which consist of an open black vest that his chest and abs along with a white under shirt. He wears black pants that flare out a little at the bottom and wears steel toed combat boots. He has an X shaped scare covering his forehead.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nigel is loud and boisterous though chrasmatically so. He is a very big eater and enjoys drinking with his men, though most of the time he over does it and starts a bar brawl all in the name of good fun. He sometimes forgets that his punches can break bones with ease. He always enjoys a good brawl, he sometimes doesn't register them as fights to the death because of this fact. However despite all of these things he cares deeply for his Nakama and is willing to put his life on the line for them. He is also an eternal flirt and will often use his bulging biceps and rippling pectorals to his advantage in wooing the ladies. His quest "To become the ultimate pirate! And get laid a lot while doing it!"

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nigel started pirating as a cabin boy at the tender age of 13. Furious with teenage rage of being underestimated (that's just his opinion and how he tells the story, anyone else will tell you that he was a brat who was lucky to be a cabin boy after sneaking on a pirate ship in the first place.) he began constantly training his body to become stronger. At the age of 17 while the crew was asleep he stole a small boat and struck out on his own to form his very own pirate crew. He shipwreck and marooned himself on an island later due to his terrible sense of direction and navigational skill. He stayed on this island for 3 years surviving on the wildlife and training before he was rescued. It was on this island that he discovered and at the Grav Grav Fruit. After getting off that rock he continued on his quest. He managed to become competent enough in navigation to not end up in the middle of bum**** nowhere, at least not all the time. After 5 years he managed to assemble a crew and with said crew went into the Grandline and into the New World (Depending on where the story is taking place he is either still there or he has returned.)

Powers
    Spoiler
    Show

Grav Grav Fruit: While stranded on an island Nigel at this special fruit. It is a Paramecia Class devil fruit that grants him control over the force of gravity. He can repel things, attract them, crush them with gravitational forces, change the direction of gravity on objects, and create a zero gravity field. There may be more that he can do but at the moment this is the extent of his abilities, limited by his imagination.
    Swordsmanship:Nigel is a skilled swordsman, but uses a steel longsword. It is a rather unusual weapon for a pirate due to its weight. However with Nigel's power over gravity he can make it as light as any cutlass. A fact that he uses for surprise attacks on his enemy.
    Fisticuffs: Nigel loves using his hands to do things as he was always very active as a child. His preferred method of fighting is hand to hand because it actually allows him to feel the battle rather than just fight it. He also views it as the man's way of combat.
    Enhanced body: While he did train hard for his incredible strength that is not the only reason Nigel is as strong as he is. After eating the Grav Grav Fruit and becoming adept at its powers Nigel started to gradually increase the level of gravity on his body. He started out a 1.5 times normal gravity to start out and kept increasing it over the years. By increasing gravity on his body even swabbing the deck became a training exercise for him. His current gravity level is 5x gravity. He can release him self from these gravitic weights to increase his strength and speed.

Crew
    Spoiler
    Show

Jolly Roger: The top half of the Jolly Roger skull is in the shape of a ball of purple gravitic energy. The lower half of the skeleton has cracks in it to symbolize the gravity's crushing force

Captain:Nigel
    Firstmate:empty
    Shipwright:empty
    Navigator:empty
    Marksmen:Nigel
    Cook:empty
    Doctor:empty
    Misc:

Ship: The Grand Terminus is a head-scratcher to say the least. It seems to be somewhat mechanical with gears serving as rudders to the ship for when the masts don't have wind. The ship has six wooden masts with a sail on each. The sails are all black in color in contrast with the stark white ship. The inner parts of the ship have metal flooring and padding on the ships sides for defense reinforcement. The ship is very large almost as big as a battleship though slightly smaller. It is capable of moving at incredible speeds when the sails are taken down as Nigel can use his gravity powers to turn the rudders at incredible speeds. To finish it off the ship has six cannons on each side of the ship for sea battles.

So what do you think? Anyone want to join my crew?

28. - Top - End - #28

Yay characters!

These will be my two main characters. I might make smaller ones later.

Arlene Runsio

Height: 5' 0"
    Weight: 100 lbs
    Speaking Color: Dark Olive Green

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arlene is small, with tanned skin, short brown hair, and golden eyes. She wears white pants held up by a pair of leather belts. The pants look like they could slip off, but never do. She also wears black boots and a blue half shirt. Over this, she usually wears a Marine longcoat, left open. Her swords hang on each side of her belt.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arlene has a kind of reserved personality. She always seems distant, lost in her own thoughts. She comes off as kind of cold. This isn't due to her not caring, she just doesn't show emotion often. She's not one for socializing beyond what she feels necessary. She takes orders with grace, trusting her admiral's judgement. But, she's not afraid to point out what she feels is wrong. Even if it means going against orders.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arlene has no special powers. However, she is very skilled with dual sword fighting. She also has above average strength and speed. She is an adept sailor and leader. She is able to handle a gun when needed, but she prefers swords, and is better with them.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stay tuned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Lioness"

Name: Talina Kirishi
    Height: 6' 1"
    Weight: 130
    Bounty(former): 260,000,000
    Speaking Color: Teal

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Talina is tall and thin. She has golden, shoulder length hair that spikes up in the front. Her eyes are yellow. She usually wears a short skirt and tank top, as well as hiking boots. Instead of a normal captain's coat, she wears a longcoat made of a lion's pelt. She carries no weapons on her, since her Devil Fruit powers provide those. On her upper arms, she has tattoos that resemble claw marks.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    For the most part, Talina has a care-free attitude, not really caring what anybody else does. However, she does have a short temper on certain issues, the biggest one being disobedience. She expects her crew to do whatever she tells them to do, no matter what.

Powers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When she was young, Talina ate the Claw-Claw Fruit. It's a Paramecia type fruit that allows the user to grow long, sharp, indestructible claws from their fingers and toes, as well as fangs. Talina has become very skilled with her powers, to the point of being able to grow and withdraw the claws so fast that it looks like she didn't even use them.

She has shown superhuman strength, able to drive her claws through solid steel.

Crew:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Talina's crew are known as the Jungle Cats. They tend to wear items relevant to the big cats of the world, such as tigers, lions, and jaguars. They also tend to favor clawed weapons, though several still use swords.

Though Talina is the captain, she also serves as the navigator. She is skilled with charts, and also doesn't trust anybody else to point her in the right direction.

Captain: Talina Kirishi
    Firstmate:
    Shipwright:
    Marksman:
    Navigator: Talina Kirishi
    Cook:
    Doctor:
    Other:

Jolly Roger:
    The Jolly Roger of the Jungle Cats is a human skull with slits for eyes and fangs. It has crossed claws behind it.

Ship:
    Talina's ship is called The Pride. It's made of lightweight wood, and has three masts. The ship is fairly long, but narrow. It's fast, which suits Talina fine. It's figurehead is that of a lioness. The most unique feature of the ship is the large pieces of metal on each side, running almost the length of the ship. These pieces of metal are actually blades that can swing out and lock in place at varying angles from the ship. Talina uses these blades and the ship's speed to run next to her enemies and tear into their ships.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stay tuned!
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2011-11-01 at 11:56 AM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Dammit, we need more up-in-coming pirates just starting out. On that note, another back story suggestion.

• Montblanc Noland existed, and his story is the same, which also means that Jaya was knocked into Skypeia. However, until now, there has been endless war over the earth/vearth.
    • Ohara was destroyed for researching the Poneglyphs, and as such the Void Century is still a thing.
    • Tequila Wolf exists, and is still being built.

@Frozen: On another person like Crocodile, I think we should try to make the story more our own, even if certain details of the world are the same. I actually liked that idea you had in PM about being the Warden of Impel Down.

And now, for something completely different. As said, I would like for OPitP to be story-driven, and since we don't want to have main characters, but the setting sort of begs for main protagonists, I'd like to propose a compromise. We set up the four seas, and in each sea there will be someone to take up the mantle of a "protagonist" crew. No one person in such a crew will be any more important than the other, just like One Piece (to a degree). And no one (let's call them:) Cardinal crew will be any more important than the other. They'll go through the same lengths to get a crew together, facing separate plots, and eventually move onto the Grand Line, where the plots will begin to intertwine. They might be rivals, they might face the same foes together. But ultimately, their aim will be to shake the foundations of the world together the same way the Straw Hats have.

On that note, I would like to propose a very powerful but plot-driven force to ultimately pull these crews together. A main antagonist, in the likes of Blackbeard, if you will.

Bertram Read
    Spoiler
    Show

Epithets: The Black Crow of Disaster

Height: 5'6" normal, 10'3" crow form, 7' hybrid form

Weight: 125 lbs. normal, 512 lbs. crow form, 220 lbs. hybrid form

Bounty: B430,000,000.

Speaking Color: Bold Slate Gray

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Despite his almost diminutive stature as a male, Bertram is no doubt an intimidating man. His black eyes are constantly active on his surroundings, however he is able to fixate on something for long periods of time without blinking. His head is shaved almost to the bone, however when he allows his hair to grow out it's got an almost feather-like quality to it. His weight is normal, and by no means is he a physical slouch, but given his powers he opts to save his time training his body physically for acting out his will. He always keeps the brand of the Tenryuubito on his arm visible when not in disguise.
    Bertram tends to dark clothing, and rarely updates his wardrobe, so he has very few pieces of clothing that aren't ragged from use.
    In his zoan animal form, Bertram is a truly huge crow with three legs (two in the usual place for a crow, one slightly behind).
    In his hybrid form, Bertam is a monstrous combination of man and avian, with wings protruding from his back, teeth like beaks, and a body covered in feathers. His legs end in talons, and only his right arm remains of his upper limbs, ending in a third (but more hand-like) talon that is more suited to manipulating things that a human could manipulate.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At first glance, Bertram seems to be a man bent on the destruction of the world as it is in the current age. He will let no one stop him in his hunger, even if he treated them as an ally before. He is a man that will stop at nothing to see the World Government and all who enable it--either through willing cooperation or inaction-- destroyed, even at the cost of millions of lives. However that is not to say that he risks his operation needlessly. He is cold and calculating from his many hate-filled years as a revolutionary, and always plans ahead before striking--even with his destructive power, he cannot take the world government on alone-- so he usually spends a long time merely observing a place before striking, earning him the moniker 'The Black Crow of Disaster' because he is always seen before utter annihilation of a city or fleet of ships.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bertram was not always so filled with hate. In his youth, he was a normal boy, son of the famous female pirate, Melanie Read, who angered the Tenryuubito by stealing shipments of their wealth and distributing it to poorer countries in their home sea, the North Blue. She would go unpunished for years, before eventually, she was caught in an ambush around one of the shipments. Her crew was slaughtered, however Melanie and her son were kept alive. As opposed to executing her, the Tenryuubito kept Melanie as a slave in Mariejoas, while Bertram was sent to Tequila Wolf.
    After a year, Melanie proved too stubborn as a slave of the Celestial Dragons, and in turn, a ten-year-old Bertram was consistently causing trouble for the building of the sea bridge, so he was brought to her and branded as a slave of the Celestial Dragons, in order to keep both of them in line. If Melanie disobeyed orders, Bertram was punished. And in turn, if Bertram disobeyed orders, Melanie was punished. For two years, this continued, many times the entitled World Nobles finding petty reasons to punish either of them. In time, resigned to her fate, Melanie took her own life by biting her tongue to save her son from further punishment on her own behalf. Shocked, Bertram's sanity began to waver even as the torment of the Tenryuubito continued. In this time, Bertram was fed the Tori Tori no Mi, to the amusement of the Nobles. However, they did not know the true power of the fruit, and that it would mean their undoing.
    Eventually, Fisher Tiger enacted his historic rebellion on Mariejoas, and in the process, the thirteen-year-old Bertram was freed. However, his mind was warped by the death of his mother and the treatment he received from the Tenryuubito, so in time, he found his way to the revolutionary army. For over ten years, he served loyally and gained the first support system he had since his childhood. However, his hate for the World Government was too much to repress and eventually he began to enact upon these impulses, sparing no one who did not align themselves with the revolutionaries, and angering many of the leaders of the revolutionary army in the process. This disagreement led to Bertram splitting from the main bulk of the Revolutionaries, taking the other ruthless undesirables with him. In the years since, he has earned his bounty and the moniker, The Black Crow of Disaster.

Powers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tori Tori no Mi: Model Yatagarasu: As typical of a Zoan-type devil fruit, Bertram is able to transform himself into a giant three-legged crow, the Yatagarasu. However, being a mythical-zoan type, this is only scratching the surface. In his crow or hybrid forms, Bertram gains the power of the "sun", destructive power that is based in the pure cosmic energy of a star. As such, he is able to create vast destructive beams of energy, the least effort of which compares to the power of a cannon. By standing immobile and concentrating, he can gather more energy to create much more powerful blasts.

Zoan Strength: Bertram possesses the usual superhuman strength and endurance of Zoan-type devil fruit users, however his natural strength is notably less so than other zoans.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-11-01 at 11:35 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #30

That all sounds good to me. And like I said, I'd be willing to make a few more smaller characters to join different crews.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS