New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [PH] The Incipio Campaign - IC

"Melady, look! "

"Hiss!" "Go faerther upz, den fire ze pain cannon at its face! Wit hope, its wings shall be too pained to flyes!"

Melady, the beam shall be ready...now!

"Fire it in its mouth next time it roars!! "

"Melady, its been shot right into its mouth!"
    Good buiez, dargonfly!

Spoiler
    Show
    The beam itself has a half- minute fire rate, but takes up nearly 10 percent of the ships energy to fire. This is no spamming weapon.

Also, I finaly got to use that line.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-10-27 at 03:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Direct hit! The Harridan screeches, dropping several feet, and keeping it's distance.

...but you can't call it a victory. Before, the paranids were merely active below. Now every one is still. Staring at you.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Finally escaping from the battle, the Space Mareines and scouts look down, the Paranids are writhing in pain from the beam, and soon several eldeer drop down to fight them one on one. Chuckling, Alexandrea watches the fight until the eldeer violently explode all over the place. Instantaneously the skimmer is covered in paranid and eldeer goop ".....Well, that was anti-climactic." she said to herself as she thought over the battle. Looking out of the front window she sighs and turns on the window wipers, monotonously watching it sway until the screen was clear. Peering past the goop they spot the craft flying towards the forest.

With a whisper Alexandrea orders the pilot to follow them from a safe distance. Going deeper into the forest the Pony's begin to fret and grow paranoid of the Paranids lying below. It is only the sound of a might Harridan that snaps them back into reality. Watching the beast plummet they remain gravely silent like the beasts below. Seconds became hours, minutes into days, and so on and so forth as the Ponies waited in this agonizing silence. As if the Hive was to great to bother to kill you outright, judging to see if they were worthy of a swift slaughter or assimilation. Choking them in this atmosphere of nothingness, a stone cold world that the Paranids were making deprived of emotion and insanity.

Not tolerating this atmosphere anymore Alexandrea commanded the plot to pull higher up, and once elevated above the elder, began to fire there weapons (Both physical and sonic) onto the craft. Mareines were built for war, they craved it, and if the world was not willing to supply them with it they would force it upon others like a mighty sword.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

4. - Top - End - #34

Flaymiester gulped at the sight of the chitinous swarms directing there attention at the ship. The rather small, undefendable ship with a gun that is only started recharging.

" Eldeer! Fly left as fast as you can and then go straight upz! We dont wish to leed these beasts to the ships back at ze base! If you cans, attemppt to fly over da mountians or the obsidion plain: there has ta be some beastys and feral hogz der-

.... What in de nine pitz of Camelroggz is dat bloodey noise?

"BAM!"

.....Screw the plan, go stright into space! Turn on the oxygen tanks and head straight for da camps! We are going ta unleash da beast on them drug-addled noisemares!

Spoiler
    Show
    Did not see Tys post. Also, you will learn to fear the beast. Guess what it is?
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-10-27 at 04:39 PM.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Running away is a valid plan. The Paranids aren't planning on a full invasion just yet.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #36

Meanwhile, at the main base:

The room itself was almost pich black; to a ponies eye. However, a creature such as a dog or a Eldeer could tell that, just from the vibration patterns echoing around the room, that it was simply massive.

The chamber itself was unfathomably large, considering that it was in the bowls of a ship. In fact, it was too large, for even the master craftdeer of Camelorragh where forced to inscribe runes to bend reality itself to meet the Archons reqirments. Not a issue, considering the vast wealth he has, but the real prize is what is in the miles-deep pit that takes up the center of the room.

A observent creature could see that the darkness permiating the room was actualy coming from the pit itself.

The chief members of the crew of Arlseares Flayskins, including the two Haemonculi on hand, a few choice raiders, Nurquist, and of course Arlseares himself, where gathered on a raised platform made out of the same substance as the chamber.They are gathered for one of the few war-meeting ever held by the crew.

"Now, Nurquist, please tell the rest of use what your deer have found so far."

"Sir, there is not much else to tell but the fact we have a rough idea of the location of both the ponies and eldeer forces on the planet, along with the location of a very well armed merc group consisting of many creatures united only by a mutral hatred of ponykind. Personaly, I think we should leave them alown, because they are a useful roadblock to the other forces advance."

"Wonderfull, and on the status of young Flaymiester?"

"I.. I dont know if she is alive, but her ship is still active."

"Oh, fine. Now, my deerest fleshwarpers, how is the beasts condition?"

"The experimental gorgonic parasidic pain tank is in status, sir."

"Good, good.", he said while taking a brief glance at the pits contents, " can it be awoken at any time?"

"With sufficant slaves, my lord, it could begin moving now.""Good, let us now go back into our regular duties until Flaymiester comes back with his report on the situation outside. I can only hope he did not do anything fawnish.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    Greymane's face hardened, and his lips pulled back into a snarl... But then, just as quickly, that face was gone, replaced by a low chuckle. "Congratulations, Commander. You're the first pony outside my entourage who's defied me in forty years. I think we shall get along splendidly. Very well then, since you insist on coming with me, our first stop should be my shuttle. I have all the important strategic maps and documents there for your perusal... And some ponies who you should meet sooner rather than later if you will be working with me."

The Inquisitor stood with a mechanical whirr and swept from the room, walking back the way he had originally come.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gonna need a map soon, with markers for the Soulstone deposits. I'll go ahead and put this comment up in the OOC thread as well.
    Lone Star followed him out. They soon arrived at the shuttle.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Been wanting to do this for awhile

IC:

The shuttle decloaked with a brain-bending ripple of warped light as the Inquisitor and his guest approached. The two massive bolters slung under the wings turned to track the Commander as he approached, but a quick glance from the Inquisitor powered them down.

As the two ponies walked up the boarding ramp they immediately came face-to-barrel with an enormous autogun being held by what was quite simply the largest Earth Pony Lone Star had ever seen. He towered within the confines of the ship's hold, standing easily on his two hind legs as forelegs with massive, bulging muscles held up the gun. His coat was a deep, blood red, and his extremely close-cropped mane appeared to be a dark brown. As he sees the Inquisitor, he tossed the gun lightly onto one of the seats nearby and flopped down into the seat next to it. He waved a hoof at the two ponies, and with a loud voice bellowed, "Hello tiny clanky-pony! Hello tiny wing pony! Welcome to ship!"

Unphased by the untraditional greeting, the Inquisitor responded, "Hello Brodda. How is everything here?"

"Tiny talky pony keeps making noise to hurt Brodda's brain. Pretty pony and mean pony are fighting in sparring room. Shuttle autopilot has flashing green light to make Brodda happy. And pretty pony made Brodda sandvich!" He produced the item in question, an extremely large sandwich which he balanced on one hoof as he bit in with a hearty "Nom."

"That's good, Brodda. Keep guarding the door like a good little pony and she will make you plenty more... sandviches." An absentminded kick hit the button to close the door with a mechanical whirr and hiss as Greymane said to Lone Star, "Pay little mind to him. He is extraordinarily strong for a pony, and a better shot with that monster of a gun than you'd think just looking at him. Unfortunately, he isn't all that bright, but he at least follows orders and accepts payment in food."

A small, frumpy unicorn mare with a yellow coat, grey mane, and data-slate cutie mark walked in. Upon seeing the newcomer, she froze in her tracks and her eyes widened hugely. Then, almost faster than pony ears could process, she started listing off facts about Lone Star: where he was born, where he was trained, his preferred tactics on the battlefield, fighting style, standard equipment, what mark of power armor he was wearing, etc. The Inquisitor simply walked over and laid a kind hoof on her shoulder. "That's enough, Binary."

The small mare blinked and shook her head, immediately ceasing the outpouring of information. "Oh... Um... Sorry Inquisitor... You know how I get around new people..."

"It's quite alright, my dear. He gestured from Lone Star to the frumpy mare and back in introduction. "Lone Star, this is my savant, Binary Data. She was raised on a forge world, you see, so names like that were quite common. She knows practically everything on any given subject within Equestria, and even if she doesn't, all she needs is a few moment's access to a data terminal."

The tiny mare flushed in embarrassment. "Oh... um... that's..."

She was saved by an enormous uproar from the rear section of the shuttle. A youngish charcoal pegasus flew through the room, shouting a hasty greeting to the assembled ponies before exiting just as swiftly. He was immediately followed by a large and gorgeous white earth pony mare with a purple mane, who was bellowing at the top of her lungs, "Get back here, you rapscallion! You were cheating, and you know it!" She paused for a moment upon seeing the Inquisitor and Lone Star, and composed herself, even going so far as to run a hoof through her already perfect mane. "Hello, Inquisitor, and hello, Commander. My name is Rarity, and it is my job to piece these hooligans together after they have made a mess of themselves, as they always seem to do."

"Brodda already knows what you do, pretty pony!"

*sigh* "Yes, Brodda, but you can see we have a guest. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mr...?"

"His name is Lone Star, and..." A quick glance from Greymane forestalled the incoming rush of information.

"Very well, Mr. Lone Star. You've met our little family. I trust you will be staying for awhile?"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Binary Data would know that
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lone Star was a voidborn that had no record of working with an Inquisitor before, preferred attacks in the night to attacks in the day, and wore dual hoof-mounted weaponry whenever possible. He would use his wings to hover and fire off the weaponry. She would also know that he had been elevated to the position of commander after surviving a decade aboard a space hulk, though she would have no record of the events on board the actual hulk.

Lone Star stared at Binary Data, eyes wide and mouth slightly open, apparently a little unnerved how much she knew about him. When Rarity spoke up he shook himself and looked to her, his face a mask of cold seriousness again. Long enough to help wrap up the good Inquisitor's business here. He replied. Afterward I will have to return to my brothers.

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Binary Data would know that
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lone Star was a voidborn that had no record of working with an Inquisitor before, preferred attacks in the night to attacks in the day, and wore dual hoof-mounted weaponry whenever possible. He would use his wings to hover and fire off the weaponry. She would also know that he had been elevated to the position of commander after surviving a decade aboard a space hulk, though she would have no record of the events on board the actual hulk.

Lone Star stared at Binary Data, eyes wide and mouth slightly open, apparently a little unnerved how much she knew about him. When Rarity spoke up he shook himself and looked to her, his face a mask of cold seriousness again. Long enough to help wrap up the good Inquisitor's business here. He replied. Afterward I will have to return to my brothers.
    "That is certainly acceptable." The beautiful mare sighed. "I suppose I should go set up yet another bed in the medical ward. Oh, and if you see a certain dirty-looking pegasus fly through, please send him to me. He and I need to have words." She turned and walked out.

"That was Rarity," said Greymane. "Yes, the same name as the Primarch. I'd suggest not drawing too much attention to it if you can help it. She's a bit sensitive."

"She was born on Carousel, you see. Not only that, she was chosen to become one of the Star Sapphires. Except she didn't quite make it through the selection process. So she has about half the enhancements of a Space Mareine, and she was trained as an apothecary, but she failed a test and nearly died. So now she's with us." The little unicorn looked somewhat conflicted, between her desire to share knowledge and the fact that she was sharing something personal about a friend.

"Binary, do you think you could fetch Quickhoof for us? Knowing him, he should be in the kitchen." The yellow mare nodded with a small "Eep!" and dashed off.

"So Commander, what do you think of my associates so far?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

"That is certainly acceptable." The beautiful mare sighed. "I suppose I should go set up yet another bed in the medical ward. Oh, and if you see a certain dirty-looking pegasus fly through, please send him to me. He and I need to have words." She turned and walked out.

"That was Rarity," said Greymane. "Yes, the same name as the Primarch. I'd suggest not drawing too much attention to it if you can help it. She's a bit sensitive."

"She was born on Carousel, you see. Not only that, she was chosen to become one of the Star Sapphires. Except she didn't quite make it through the selection process. So she has about half the enhancements of a Space Mareine, and she was trained as an apothecary, but she failed a test and nearly died. So now she's with us." The little unicorn looked somewhat conflicted, between her desire to share knowledge and the fact that she was sharing something personal about a friend.

"Binary, do you think you could fetch Quickhoof for us? Knowing him, he should be in the kitchen." The yellow mare nodded with a small "Eep!" and dashed off.

"So Commander, what do you think of my associates so far?"
    Lone Star frowned. "Rarity was given geneseed BEFORE she was tested? That seems... unorthodox. Binary's role is unclear - she seems too withdrawn for a warrior, and I saw no implants suggesting induction into a machine cult. Brodda seems to be tough but small-minded."

He turned his gaze to the Inquisitor. "I expected more soldiers. This seems an odd bunch for a war zone operation."

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #42

Lone Star frowned. "Rarity was given geneseed BEFORE she was tested? That seems... unorthodox. Binary's role is unclear - she seems too withdrawn for a warrior, and I saw no implants suggesting induction into a machine cult. Brodda seems to be tough but small-minded."

He turned his gaze to the Inquisitor. "I expected more soldiers. This seems an odd bunch for a war zone operation."
    "She was just about to be given the geneseed when she failed the test. She has spent the past hundred years with me finding various ways to make up for that loss, but she still feels it deeply. And while she is not quite a true Mareine, she is quite adept at combat and more than a match for your average pony... Or your average Xenos, for that matter. Ah, here is Quickhoof, the last of our little family."

Binary walked in shyly, with the struggling charcoal-gray pegasus in tow by his tail. "Gah! Gerroff me, pipsqueak! I swear, as soon as you let go of me tail, I'll..." Upon seeing the Inquisitor, he stopped in his struggles and landed, brushing himself off self-consciously with a hoof. "'ello, Quiz. 'oo's this fine figure of a pegasus?"

Seeing the opportunity to share some of her unlimited wellspring of knowledge, Binary opened her mouth... freeing Quickhoof's tail. He immediately swooped around and gave her a swift but light bonk on the nose, stopping her before she could take off. "Nah, I 'eard little miss mouth here spoutin' off about ya from the other room." He zipped over to the larger pegasus and firmly grasped a forehoof, being careful to avoid the trigger mechanism for the attached flamer, and began shaking it enthusiastically. "I'm Quickhoof, guv, an' I may not look it but I'm the fastest flyer in the whole Equestrian Empire. Quiz here saw me skills an' decided 'e just couldn't live without me. So I joined up to humor the poor cyclops. An' 'ere I am, with the best deal a pony could ever ask for." The pegasus stallion swelled up, absurdly proud of himself. The Inquisitor walked over to him and whispered a few words in his ear, making him blanch. He made some hurried excuses and zipped out of the room.

A few moments and a handful of commands later, Greymane and Lone Star had the entrance bay to themselves. "You are wise to question my choice of comrades, Commander, but you are not seeing the full picture.

"Binary is not meant to fight as a warrior, although she is an extremely accomplished markspony with both her needle pistol and her custom sniper rifle. Her main usefulness to me lies in her mind. Information is a greater weapon than a Trojan when placed in the right hooves... And what better hooves to put information to use than those of an Inquisitor? With her on my side, no enemy can remain in the shadows for long. All must face the purifying light of Her Majesty's Inquisition.

"Rarity, likewise, despite her skill on the battlefield, is less of a combat asset and more of a diplomatic one. I have found that little works to persuade intractable governors or military leaders to my side better than soft words from a beautiful mare... With the hard steel of a bolter backing those words up, of course.

"Quickhoof, despite all his bluster, is loyal to his core and more than capable of backing up any boasts made about his abilities. The reason I first selected him to join our little group is because he picked my pocket. That may not sound like much, but it wasn't that simple. He picked my pocket as I was perched near the top of a thousand-foot skyscraper, in the middle of a rainstorm, at night, while I was wearing a stealth cloak. And then performed a Sonic Rainboom as he made his getaway. He was more than happy to join us once I applied the right leverage, and now he truly enjoys his position and its privileges.

"Brodda was a conscript in a death squad walking under the feet of a Trojan in the Solstice Cluster campaign a few decades back. When I found him, he had just taken not one, but three bolter shots to the gut from a vile Traitor Mareine, and survived not only long enough to kill the enemy with its own chainsword, but long enough for me to get him back to a medic who could save his life. He's got more than a little machinery under that red coat to replace what couldn't be fixed, but he's proven his worth as a companion time and time again.

"You disapprove of my lack of soldiers. As a soldier yourself, I can understand that. However, what you must understand is that as useful and powerful as an army can be, there are times when a bit more... subtlety is called for. We are not Celestia's Sword, nor the Tip of Her Spear... We are the blade of Her Knife, and it is our fate to serve her quietly, in the shadow of the night, on those missions where the Sword and Spear are too cumbersome to wield.

"Besides, there is one thing a scholar of military lore such as yourself must have heard before: 'There is no battle better won than that won with not a single shot fired.' The great Twilight Sparkle herself said that, and her military doctrines are as true now as they were ten thousand years ago when she wrote them. That is our goal here, Commander: to win without firing a single shot.
    "

A thin, grim smile spread across the stallion's augmented face. "Of course, if that bastard Artriodactyla decides to show his cowardly antlers, I'm sure I could make an exception. For the glory of the God-Princess, of course."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Lone Star checks his ammunition pouches, he will find a few rounds missing. Don't worry, you're going to get Inquisitorial-grade equipment very soon, if you want it.

Also, @whoever is playing the Eldeer: I'm thinking it would be fitting if the Inquisitor and the Farseer have some history together, if that's alright with you.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If Lone Star checks his ammunition pouches, he will find a few rounds missing. Don't worry, you're going to get Inquisitorial-grade equipment very soon, if you want it.

Also, @whoever is playing the Eldeer: I'm thinking it would be fitting if the Inquisitor and the Farseer have some history together, if that's alright with you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought the Farseer was female

Also, Lone Star uses melta and flamers, not bolters. There's no ammo to steal

"...If you say so. You are in charge." Lone Star replied, frowning. "When do we go?"

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #44

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought the Farseer was female

Also, Lone Star uses melta and flamers, not bolters. There's no ammo to steal

"...If you say so. You are in charge." Lone Star replied, frowning. "When do we go?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Melta use cartridges, I believe... Except Lexicanum makes no mention of any of that at all. CURSES, MY PLANS ARE FOILED!

Interesting that you should mention that. We're leaving now. Binary tracked down a cache of soulstones not far from here, just inland on the main continent. Of course, given all the excitement she's been informing me of in excruciating detail, I doubt it will be as easy as running in, grabbing the soulstones, and leaving.... But that just makes it more entertaining, does it not?

15. - Top - End - #45

The currant leader of one of the most feared raiding parties in all the galaxy was injoying the fine pair of socks that he had made himself within his chamber. After all, after living for around 500 years, you have to get a hobby. Some learn to knit, while others swallow poisons to test there flavor. Its a hard life, being one of the most hated indivdual raiders in the star system.

"Now next time, I should go with a pony" , he mused to himself, "they tend to be more robust in what they can take".He noticed from his view from the carpet that there was a deer at the door, and to his surprise, it was not Nurquist. Rather, going from the unaturaly large and perma-dilated eyes of the too-thin doe (or at least he assumed, because it gets hard to tell with three pairs of genitila and it would be slightly rude to ask) that it was none other than Flaymiester herself, and that she was badly shaken up.

He rose to the door and, after unlocking it, invited the seemingly tramatised deeress into the room and onto the griffonpelt carpet. He could only ask "Well, what do you have to report?" The fact the young deeress was frightened by something made him slightly worried. She was not in his cabal for no reason: he had seen her make a manticore weep with her "toys" and make a loyal space mareine beg for the traitor princess herself to save her from the pain, and she had not even shove the necrosprite down her windpipe yet.

She cursed quietly at herself, and said in a very quiet voice," Sirz, I found whats seemed to be da hubs of di nids. We had issues with da chaos space marz, but we fled before they could do any harm to the ship propers." He could only raise his non-existant eyebrows at that. She would not be this scared even if she lost the whole crew and blew up the ships engine." Well, how did the combate go? How many Eldeer died in the conflict?"

" Sir, only a few, and that was due to us fireing mostly on the swarmez."
    "Interesting, how did the pain cannon upgrade go? " Finez...sirs.Its just daz, as we fleed da swarmes, I felts... somethings awakens. Something butiful and as terribal as the dawnz was borns, and it sang a song promising both pain and pleasure, moaning with pure agony and darkest delight. It promised unity and freindships in the same breath as telling alls its plan for the state of free willz. I...know it was not She Who Gnaws. She cares nots for unity and has never promest freindships. It was coming froms the center of that blasted forrtest that makes the sun-blasted Ever****ed look like a godsforsaken paradice!"

The poor dear finaly passed out, seemingly from exerting herself. He gingerly dragged her off the carpet and onto a warm spot on the floor, near one of the many piles of fur that where around the room. He could only think "Well, it seems that we should wait until the next big battle to occure to see what we should do next. That, and I owe Nurqist his rewared. I wonder how he will like venom sacks in his horns...
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-11-04 at 10:33 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Walking out of the Warroom, Nox stops halfway through to turn around and go back in. She takes a left into a metal door and walks into the Geand Observatory Deck. Rows of computers, sensors, and information inputs are orderly lined up until the center were a circular platform holds a few commanders looking at a large screen plastered over the front wall. Walking forward to the commanders Noxxionus makes them out. Two of them are Night Lady seargeants, the 3rd commander being Noxxionus' most trusted ally Drake Leon; a Corrupted Chaos Inquisitor.

Starring at the screen with him she steps up beside himwith only a snort from the two as aknowledgement, unwilling to move their eyes from the screen. Information from the scouting squads were already pouring in and the two were intent on absorbing as much as they can. After a while Drake decides that they have garnered enough information, he pushes a green button on a control panel presented to him; retrieving the scout parties to pick up zones where they will be transported back. With that out of the way he turns to Noxxionus, and with a deep almost bitter sweet voice he says "What is it that you seek; from this old mans heart cast so bleak?" turning her head to him Noxxionus replies "I seek your supervision over my sister when we begin deployment. You know the standard drill, just make sure she doesn't get out of hand and start rampaging in places that'll get her killed." With a nod he follows her out of the Observatory and down a long hallway. As they exit the hallway they pass by several sections of the ship: Torture rooms, armories, sleeping quarters, slave cells, sound rooms, and the occasional practice range.

After a while they finally enter the area they were looking for, the Terrordome. Opening the sliding door they enter the clean, brightly lit, white hallway with a cylindrical glass wall providing complete observation of the actual Terrordome itself. Looking down on it Noxxionus see's several ponies writhing in pain as sound waves pound away at them. Despite her best efforts she cannot hear the sounds herself, the truly ingenious part of the Terrordome as it acts like a sound room and a echo room meaning that the horrible sound is constantly ricocheting all over the place as more sound pours through. Lyndamere normally spends all her time here, experimenting on new sounds or torture methods, and yet her head set lies unattended while her songs are simply set on repeat instead of constantly getting new ones thrown on.

Continuing down the path they reach the ending, a pristine white door that leads into Lyndameres quarters. Opening the door the two stumble upon an open heart operation on Lyndamere. The mad scientist attempting this seems to be hooking up some sort of device to Lyndameres heart, like two mini amplifiers combined together. Noxxionus readys her guns to knock out the scientist but a blocking hoof from Drake is all that holds her back. Grumbling she waits for the operation to end and for Lyndamere to wake up. "What was that???" she blurts out at her sister, stomping her hoof down to keep Lyndamere's short attention on Nox."What can I say, her brain ain't her peak. Not much else to expect from a freak" Drake mutters to himself as Lyndamere attempts to clarify things "Come on don't worry, I just had my heart hooked up to an amplification device, now my own heart can be amplified to ear splitting levels in a steady controlled beat. Like a Doom Siren only not as powerful." she began to fiddle around with a bloodied scalpel, inspecting it closely and licking it clean of blood.

Shaking her head Nox walks behind Lyndamere and pushes her sister forward"Alright, now that your done cutting yourself open we have more important matters to attend to. For starters i'm going to need you to lead your fellow Noise Mareines to the planet so that we can claim hidden territory." she says as she leaves the room and goes towards the docking bay.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2011-11-15 at 10:36 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Melta use cartridges, I believe... Except Lexicanum makes no mention of any of that at all. CURSES, MY PLANS ARE FOILED!

Interesting that you should mention that. We're leaving now. Binary tracked down a cache of soulstones not far from here, just inland on the main continent. Of course, given all the excitement she's been informing me of in excruciating detail, I doubt it will be as easy as running in, grabbing the soulstones, and leaving.... But that just makes it more entertaining, does it not?
    "I'm not here for entertainment." He replied, trotting off in a random direction on the ship. "But we'll get to Spike's work, burning heretics and xenos, so why not? The Princess Protects, Inquisitor."

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #48

The main inforcer of one of the most feared raiding parties in all of Camelrogg was mearly sitting down on his well-worn sleeping mat, awating for any news of the outside. After having his new implants put in, he found that the headache from them was to much to risk falling from flying, so he took some down-time off for the implants to heal. Besides, by the time he was healed, a map of the area would have been compiled by his bucks, and the true fighting could start.

The room itself was nest-like, reminding one both of a wolven nest deep under the earth and of some great birds. Great ripped chunks of skin and parchment riddled the floor, and the massive chinks and outright missing peices of walls were a testement to the strength of the rooms owner when in some rare rage. The ceiling itself looked as if one took a tangled mess of metal and danced along the ceiling with it, so great was the wounds carved into it. Only the pair of power-hoofs, each toe with a wicked-sharp end, where laid in a neat little arangment on the floor, along with a modified partial chanferon and some light barding, showed any sign of care of mantinence within the room.

Nurqust could only sigh as he saw the assassin crouched a few feet away. Altho the deer was invisible, the crunching that he made while attmpting to avoid the paper on the floor was a sign that the deer had no forthought for the act he was about to commit. The deer, full of himself, could only scream as he was pushed down suddanly, implaled on his massive targets horns, and driven into the wall. After a though slaming of the deers body on the wall, Nurqist, being in a none-to pleased mood, than decided to alow himself to sample the pair of wolven teeth he was given on the poor saps face.

After several minutes of crunching bones and grinding teeth, he found out that not only did the deer had a mechanical brain case, but several spinal implants that where directly connected to the suit he had on. Putting two and two together, he know this was a stoway that thought he could bring the Nightshade clan some glory. Poor twit. Neverless, he looked apon the room he made and alowed himself to have some feeling for pity for the deer that, moments ago, would have ripped out his windpipe. He was simply folowing orders, much like himself. No doubt the reason he was here was because of some other lords wish to kill the currant "pet" of Arlseares. Why did he serve him, in any case?

He always kept this room like this to remind himself that he could have always been some piece of arena fodder, a job that ment swift death at the hands of some up and coming doe with a power weapon. This room, he reminded to himself, is almost like the one he was "found" in by the young raider that would eventualy become his boss and lord. Neverless, he knew that the blood around his mouth and the chunks of meat would attract notice from the crew, and promptly went to the washing rooms, passing a weak-hearted, mortified doe who nearly passed out at seeing a huge, bloody peryton with a rack with horns as thick as her legs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mostly a look into the mind of Nurqist. No actual talking, but Nurqist would not realy talk to himself. However, I think that this shows his personality, realy: Most Dark Eldeer fall on the CE or NE ranking, but he is somewhere along the LE, with LN tendencies. I mean, he feels no remorse from killing, but he is not, say, into flaying a ponies skin and making it into a garment. Not against it, realy, but it would not be the first thing in his mind to do to a captive.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Morian Coast

As the Inquisitor's ship flew over the beaches towards the first cache of soulstones, they would find it already stained with blood. Cultists and guardsmen forces had clashed on this beach, the former with no true objective beyond slaughter. The battle had left behind many corpses, and Brothers of Combat could be seen across the bloodstained beach, honoring the guardsmen with prayer before destroying all of the bodies - there was no such thing as overkill when on a planet with Paranids.

A single ranger slinked back into the shadows as he saw the ship flying over head, though no one below seemed to notice. He scowled at the obvious heat disturbances in the air, and found himself wondering, yet again, how the mare-keigh could be so... blind.

He opened communication with the main group of Eldeer. There is a cloaked ship over the coastline. It is probably the mare-keigh inquisitor. It's smell is quite horrendous.

The ship touched down at a section of the beach that oddly enough had seen little battle. There appeared to be nothing, but they were dealing with Eldeer soulstones. There never appeared to be anything.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #50

The lord of the ship was within the experiment chambers, a most horrid place by all standerds. The room itself was long, and spaced fairly evenly where the remains of varying creatures. A moldering griffon bloated with tumors was resting near a flabby mass whose scars gave away its identity as a pony whose legs have been sawed off. Arlseares inspected on young mare who was injected with the gorgons venom a few moments ago. The mare was perfectly still, legs and head in the same position as when he left, yet he could clearly tell the mare was not a statue from the pain in her eyes. He noted to himself that the venoms ability to stop the movement of the infectie was working better than expected, and that the whole body seemed stiff as could be. Putting some weight on a outstreched leg, the mare could only silently scream as the tense leg felt like it was being ripped apart.

Knowing that his prized creation was near compleation, he was alerted by the intrusion by a young female. She went up to her master and said

"Sir, we have the most interesting news! We have the lines of communication to the pony ship moving slowly down the coast. Would you like to contact them?" To him, the idea sounded amusing. The chance to annoy the ponies would be a rare delight. He then went down to the vidio chambers, where the ships computer was hacking the main screen of the pony ship.

The poor doe, never actualy getting a responce, waited for him in the chamber, getting the stench of decay on her very being.

On his apperance on screen
    Spoiler
    Show
    If he is talking to the inquisiter vi screen, he would be a blackish colored, vaugly femine deer with a short set horns, and who's eyes are yellowish and dragonic in shape. The deer would have several small cybernetic implants of unknown use, but there are few visable. If the spine is ever seen, it would have a bulky shape all along it up to the head. If some one with knowlege on implants sees it, could see it as a sign that there is a metal shell protecting his spinal cord and perhapes his crainium,
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-12-04 at 06:45 PM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

Soon after the landing, Greymane, Brodda, Rarity, Quickhoof, and Lone Star made their way through the dunes, guided by Binary's voice in their vox systems. Quickhoof often zipped ahead, scouting out the territory in the relative safety of his stealth cloak. The rest of the Inquisitor's band moved with an almost surreal coordination from cover to cover, advancing slowly but steadily towards their goal. As the sun went down overhead, they were nearly there. Greymane called a halt as Quickhoof made a quick pass through the area. When he got back, the news wasn't good.

"Didn't see nothin' Quiz, but they're out there alright. Means they probably know right where we are, too. We ain't gettin' these gems wiffout a fight."

"Thank you, Quickhoof." The cyborg stallion turned to Lone Star, his metallic eye flickering on and off from time to time. "Well, it would seem we have a fight on our hooves. Eldeer are cowards, and will always attempt an ambush if they think they can get away with it. If they know we're here it's really only a matter of time until they attack... But I need those soulstones. It's probably only a scouting group, at least, so we ought to be able to take them in a straight fight, but in an ambush we will almost certainly take losses.

So we have a few options. We could charge in, spring the trap, and potentially die. We could go back and recruit some of your fellows from the beach, but leaving the cache for too long could let them escape with it. Or we could play a deadly little game of Hide and Seek here in the dark with our Xenos friends. As the soldier here, I think it best if you make the call.
    "

Spoiler
    Show
    Quickhoof has a stealth cloak, no armor, and a hellpistol.
    Rarity is wearing power armor and carrying a custom bolter. Her med-tool can be used as a weapon in a pinch, and can be used to perform on-the-go heals during battle, although that takes her out of the fight.
    Brodda has carapace armor and his BFG.

(Thought a tactical overview would be helpful)

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Binary, can you do a thermal scan of the area and upload it to the Inquisitor? It may help spot the Eldeer. Lone Star was now wearing a Brother of Combat battle-helm. ...No time for reinforcements and losing the objective is unacceptable - We go in. Lone Star replied, checking his melta. I'll charge and draw their fire. Aim for wherever their shots come from. Oh, and... He glanced to the others. One chance is all they need. Don't take unnecessary risks.

Apparently Lone Star failed to notice that in this plan, he was at greatest risk, as he was basically running straight ahead to draw laserfire.

He readied himself to charge unless someone tried to stop him. The Princess protects.

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Farseer Artirodactyla smiled in triumph as the Swarm of lesser paranids were easily lured into a crossfire between her forces in the courtyard and the quick moving jetbikes and swooping hawks.

The warp spiders appeared silently into one of the hallways catching a few pony bodyguards off balance. Before they could turn their guns around they had already been engulfed in a web of quickly constricting microfibers which would soon strangle and cut the ponies to pieces.

The exarch and his squad made their way through the manor guided by the Farseer's instructions and the steady psychic pulse of their fallen brethren. A few times more they fought either against more ponies or the occasional scout beast for the Paranids but nothing they couldn't handle. Within no time at all they had reached their destination. The family chapel to Celestia.

The remaining guards had fortified themselves well but their efforts were in vain. The warp spiders simply activated their suits sending them through the warp to appear on the other side of the heavily fortified door. In response to the screams of the panicked nobleponies the guards opened the door only to be greeted by a well-timed rolled plasma grenade.

The ponies cowered before the Eldeer who coolly ignored them as they trotted up to the statue of Celestia above the alter. It seems the ponies had used the soulstone as her visible eye. The exarch calmly pryed the gem out of the statue and his sqaud entered the Warp once more.

Appearing before their Farseer they bowed with pride. Mission accomplished My lady. The exarch reported mentally. Good. now you and your squad shall escort my apprentice and I. The inquisitor has made his move and we must act fast to deny him the souls of our people. The rest of the army shall return to base and rest. The Farseer ordered as she called her Wave Serpent back over to her. The Eldeer swiftly left with their prize in hoof the rest of the ponies were of no concern to them.

The Nobleponies in question and their servants left the chapel after a few hours. The Eldeer attack on the Swarm had been very efficient and what scattered remains of the basic Parasprites had retreated. It seems that their prayers had been answered and that they would live. At least for a little while yet.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

24. - Top - End - #54

"Here you go. There are some fuzzy spots everywhere that might be hiding Eldeer, but with their stealth technology it's really a crapshoot. I'd suggest the northeast and due west as the most likely spots, but be prepared for anything."

As the pegasus prepared to charge in, a single mechanical hoof restrained him. "While I appreciate your eagerness, Captain, I can't help but notice that you are the only one at any risk in this plan. That is unacceptable. If we go in, we go in as a group. Although you are welcome to take point if you so choose."

EDIT: ye gods but Binary's speech is blinding... I'll tone it down in the future.
    Last edited by byaku rai; 2011-12-05 at 12:41 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

"Here you go. There are some fuzzy spots everywhere that might be hiding Eldeer, but with their stealth technology it's really a crapshoot. I'd suggest the northeast and due west as the most likely spots, but be prepared for anything."

As the pegasus prepared to charge in, a single mechanical hoof restrained him. "While I appreciate your eagerness, Captain, I can't help but notice that you are the only one at any risk in this plan. That is unacceptable. If we go in, we go in as a group. Although you are welcome to take point if you so choose."

EDIT: ye gods but Binary's speech is blinding... I'll tone it down in the future.
    ((You just notice this NOW?!))

It's the best option. He replied, utter conviction in his tone. Going together will just give them more targets, and I am Brother. With faith I shall not fall.

Brothers of Combat weren't known for being sensible - they were known for being faithful. To an almost appalling degree.

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #56

"Among faith's many positive qualities, there is a disturbing lack of protection against enemy fire. We go in together. This is not negotiable, Captain."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

"Among faith's many positive qualities, there is a disturbing lack of protection against enemy fire. We go in together. This is not negotiable, Captain."
    Commander. He corrected. And... fine. I have all the protection I need and more, but you're the Inquisitor. He readied himself again. Just tell me what to do.

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #58

((Commander. Sorry. x.x It was one in the morning when I wrote that))

"Time is of the essence. We move now."

((Now meaning whenever Forum Explorer and HalfTangible are ready. Forum Explorer can assume that the group has moved in and act accordingly.))

EDIT: ((And I'm ready for Pokonic's contact whenever.))
    Last edited by byaku rai; 2011-12-05 at 03:24 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

The lord of the ship grinned. Oh, this is going to be fun. Siliently getting himself prepared, he saw that he was finaly connected fully with the pony ships screens and rather loudly stated:

" Why hello, my little ponies, who is commanding this vessel?"
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-12-05 at 03:32 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    The lord of the ship grinned. Oh, this is going to be fun. Siliently getting himself prepared, he saw that he was finaly connected fully with the pony ships screens and rather loudly stated:

" Why hello, my little ponies, who is commanding this vessel?"
    He sees a dirty-yellow mare staring at him wide-eyed.

Who... Who are you? The Inq... my master says not to talk to Xenos... How did you get this channel?

She starts to mess with her mane nervously.