New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Masks Underground

Jezebel frowns before delivering a slap to Xifra's face. "Strengthen yourself! I don't accept weak people into my embrace, Xifra. So don't start being one now." She hisses. "How do you need the tattoos broken?"
    Some time ago, Xifra had tattooed defensive runes into her body, and had used magic of her own devising to harness Cruelty as a weapon. Anyone who touched her without leave would feel its assault on their mind.

Of course, Jezebel had leave, even if the touch was a slap. Xifra had long ago made sure that her lovers within the temple were safe from her defences. But now Cruelty was awake, and aware that it was in danger. If it could drive this other away, then Xifra would return to Seeking.

The whispers attempt to drive claws into Jezebel's mind, trying to make her feel the tears, pain, and terror of decades of torture.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Dr. Kraken's Warehouse]

"Gah! Stop that!" Kraken does not appreciate the shaking! Not one bit. Assuming she stops shaking him, he continues more calmly. "All things in due time. We need a proper hideout and base of operations, out of Remnant's jurisdiction." He eyes her warily. "But maybe we could do something small? In preparation."
    [Dr. Kraken's Warehouse]

"Go on." Magister says after stepping back, putting her hands in her pockets as if restraining the urge to shake the doctor again. And again. Her voice warns caution- this better be good, else he may find himself captured and in the back of his own van again.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Underbed

Since she's held firmly in place by his shadows, Demon Queen can't do much to resist Jack's punch.

However, the first hit doesn't completely knock her out. It'll take two.

Once she's out, Ivaz nods appreciatively. That's a neat little trick.

Alright, let's get her to the room I prepped. Might need more restraints. She's stronger than she used to be.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Underbed

Jack nods and starts moving the pool of shadows along. It should take Zel and her bindings along for the ride.

"So, any particular plans for this one? I mean, a base spirit that can detect movement seems pretty...well, cool."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

5. - Top - End - #275

Underbed

Hm? Ivaz looks back to Jack, then shakes her head and waves her hand. Oh, no, Dee isn't a spirit. She's a normal human. Well, was.

No, I want her because she's friends with the shadow spirit. So, she knows where Rasslin is.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Underbed

[Color="indigo"]"Ah. So...when Rasslin gets here...is there a particular way I should kill her or...?"
    Jack follows Ivaz.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

7. - Top - End - #277

Underbed

No no no...no killing the spirit. Bad idea.

No, were gonna bind her. If you stab one of the spirits with an item through the heart, and hold it there, they become bound to that item. That's what we're gonna do.

When they reach the room, Jack will find that Ivaz has a table set up with many restraints, as well as another, currently empty, table nearby.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

8. - Top - End - #278
    Pixie in the Playground

[Blue Zone - Private Sector -Crier Pharmaceuticals - Building 3 - Precariously Dangling From the 3rd Floor's Uppermost Structural Support Beam]

Spec is still able to do nothing. Drat.

"How couldn't you remember arriving here? We all shelled out an ungodly sum of cash to walk these lands, if only for a brief period of time."

Growl! Grr! Anger and hatred abound!

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

[Blue Zone - Private Sector -Crier Pharmaceuticals - Building 3 - Precariously Dangling From the 3rd Floor's Uppermost Structural Support Beam]

"Look, I'm willing to accept that I might have amnesia. It certainly wouldn't be the first time. But would you mind telling me where here is?"

10. - Top - End - #280
    Pixie in the Playground

[Blue Zone - Private Sector -Crier Pharmaceuticals - Building 3 - 27th Floor to Street-Level]

"You're on planet Ubiquity in the Therma Solaris System. Now will you please abide by the rules of conduct and deactivate whatever machine you're using to freeze me in place!"

Grr! More rage! More rage! Even more rage! Feel all that rage!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

"Machine? Don't be a fool. I'm not using a machine; can't you see the runes?"

12. - Top - End - #282
    Pixie in the Playground

"Are you calling me a fool, cretin? I can be quite the pernicious woman, if properly motivated. Keep pushing it!"

"And yes. I see your repugnant tattoos. Ink can't do a single, goshdarn thing you garrulous, self-righteous troglodyte!"

Spec evidently is in possession of a strong aversion to cursing! That's good, right?

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, quite a few of them are branded into her skin or etched on the metal, though there are a few normal tattoos. Probably should have mentioned that earlier. In any case, Spec's point is likely unchanged.

"Right. So, this isn't anything? Feel free to tell me if your disbelief changes what you feel. Kyonisti!"

A brand beneath Trium's left eye glows red, and all of the nerves responsible for pain that Spec has should fire at once, and continue doing so for around ten seconds, at which point Trium says "Lomiata.", and a similar mark under her right eye flashes blue, thus ending the effect.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    It's really nice hat. And would be too large for the cyclopes if not for his comically over-sized head. As Pete staggers out of the car he tosses a weird black disk onto the sidewalk before jumping inside, taking cover in his portable hole!

He takes aim at Justin from his fox-hole and opens fire!

"Gah, I'm hit!" the taxi exclaims as it spins out of control!
    Overcome with fear, nausea, and centrifugal force Justin can't find anything much wittier to say than, "OH GOD!" Justin wraps his arms around the seat like a vice. Fearing for his life he won't even think of letting go until the world decides to stop spinning.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2011-10-23 at 12:47 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #285
    Pixie in the Playground

That's a splendid idea! There could be absolutely no horrible repercussions or mental scarring caused by stimulating all of a being's pain sensors as a result of this reckless and ruthless action! Not a one is fathomable!

Spec doesn't scream at all. How can she? Her system is flooded, nay, overloaded with the most agonizing and tortuous pain imaginable. Of course, her brain can't withstand this shower of mental projectiles fired from an oversized ballista! Spec is only human, after all. Her skills may be exceptional, but her body structure most certainly is not.

Her mind goes into a state of shock as she passes out, body going limp and likely falling the entire distance (after her light-katana, which is immediately released from her grip) to the sturdy ground is Trium is grasping her arm or hand with anything less that bone-mulching force. On top of that, her organs will probably begin to shut sometime within the next few minutes. Couple that with the leg and arm injuries Spec has already sustained, and Trium might find herself the proud new owner a battered body which even the most skilled paramedics wouldn't be able to preserve the life functions of.

Yep! No severe repercussions (or amazing robotic surgeons) there!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-10-23 at 12:50 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Trium hopefully stops her from falling by the immediate application of such force, and makes a mental note that doing that to people with the normal number of nerves is not a good idea. Also that she's far too used to people being made mostly, or at least partly, of metal, whether or not it's hidden. The heavily augmented woman also attempts to put Spec over one shoulder, and says "L'ell nomrikasha tanyol morkesh. Yral kindos faeli niem risalka. Tolshrik abadomer atikshreela."

Hopefully, this will heal at least some of the damage she just did.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Pixie in the Playground

Trium's healing spell probably won't do much to prevent Spec from rapping on Death's door. Most of the damage Trium caused is not tangible, being purely mental in its essential nature. Trium may well be able to heal Spec's leg injuries, but fixing her arm would require a physical application of force. Treating her for shock would require that Trium somehow convince Spec's brain that she is, in fact, not dying, a feat that might be nearly impossible while she is unconscious without the use of some sort of highly advanced medical technology.

Trium does succeed in tossing Spec over her shoulder. She is basically just a limp sac of flesh at current. As such, she is entirely godmoddable.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Trium continues her attempts to heal Spec, mentally calling for the others to come and help.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"My armour is traditionally worn by the person Dalachrech chooses for High Priest. The vision means that Dalachrech wants you to train as a cleric." Terrowin's smiling quite widely, especially at the description of 'bugs doing buggy things'.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Pansy magma-fearing no-beards. He says automatically. No offense to you, but they probably shave and try to be as tall as the bastard humans. The first real goblin siege would wipe them out. He says, finishing his drink and ordering another.
    They wear beards, actually, Reelshka points out. Most of them, anyway. And they've fought us many times, with varying results.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple of Dalachrech]

"Me? As a cleric?" Kail seems extremely surprised by this, "Why me though? I'm nothing special. Sure, I've been though a lot, but that happens when you travel with idiots."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"If I could answer that, Kail, I'd be closer to Dalachrech than any have ever been." It's because she's a PC not under my control. Though that's a fact which Terrowin is sadly unaware of due to my Fourth Wall Maintenance Policy.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Pixie in the Playground

Constantly healing Spec won't do much to keep her alive. There's nothing wrong with her body, per se. Her mind is rerouting blood because it mistakenly believes that there is something wrong with her. The first step to treating Spec for shock would be to render her conscious by some means and then ensure that she is distracted from her "wounds" until she calms herself.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-10-23 at 04:23 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

"Kyaal'dutir!"

Hopefully, this will jolt Spec awake.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-10-23 at 04:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple of Dalachrech]

I know. She doesn't, though.

"... Maybe it's because of the... child?" Kail lays a hand down on her stomach, thiinking heavy thoughts. the nights rest has gotten rid of a lot of the hurt, but she's still sore and feels not all that great

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"Dalachrech does nothing for no reason, though His reasons are often complex and beyond the comprehension of mere mortals like us. If you are injured, I have potions which will help with that." That seems like quite a standard answer a priest would give. Basically 'there's reasons, but He doesn't share them with us'.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Underbed

No no no...no killing the spirit. Bad idea.

No, were gonna bind her. If you stab one of the spirits with an item through the heart, and hold it there, they become bound to that item. That's what we're gonna do.

When they reach the room, Jack will find that Ivaz has a table set up with many restraints, as well as another, currently empty, table nearby.
    Jack directs the shadows to the table with the restraints.
    "What happens if I pierce her heart with my claws?"

(Recaiden) He lives!

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple of Dalachrech]

Something makes Kail chuckle, which gives way to a full laugh, when Terrowin says that. When she calms down she says, "Alright, I'll be a cleric of Dalachrech. what do I have to do?"

29. - Top - End - #299
    Pixie in the Playground

Spec groans as she ever so slowly comes to. She has no clue as to what is going on. She is tired. Oh so tired. Maybe she should just close her eyes and take a quick nap. Yeah. That sounds like a good idea.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

Terrowin's quite glad that she's capable of laughing after the events of the previous day and doesn't enquire as to what she found so funny. "Well, before you become a cleric, you must learn Abyssal- the language needed for His prayers. Only after that will you become a Novitiate, capable of casting some spells and learning His rituals." The learning of Abyssal is a process that normally occurs offscreen.