New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    This is a PrC and may be 3.0/3.5, but other than that it might be what you are looking for.

Cybernetic Gunner
    Unfortunately that requires the Black Rain discipline, plus a race/feat from Eberron. You could substitute race for Android easily, but I don't know what to do about the maneuvers since Pathfinder is sorely lacking.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    Unfortunately that requires the Black Rain discipline, plus a race/feat from Eberron. You could substitute race for Android easily, but I don't know what to do about the maneuvers since Pathfinder is sorely lacking.
    Option 1:There are alternate rules for an arcane-based version of Cybernetic Gunner in the post of Cybernetic Gunner.

Option 2:Ask around for how to port initiating classes and maneuvers over to Pathfinder.

HERE is a listing of some homebrew base classes in case you want something that won't require you to buy the book. You can find anything that matches Black Rain's feel, because the disciplines never got cross referenced with all the classes and PrCs, which means that the classes listings in Black Rain itself basically mean nothing. Note that Black Rain is open to all the classes that are in the actual Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Swords.

Also, I think that both the Warblade and "Reference Cards" for all the ToB maneuvers, including Diamond Mind, are availible on Wizards of the Coast's site..
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-05-16 at 01:01 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    This is a PrC and may be 3.0/3.5, but other than that it might be what you are looking for.

Cybernetic Gunner
    All right, I can work with this. I'll just have to take away some power and add some things to extend it to a traditional class, but this'll be an excellent starting point. Maybe I should ask Pramxnin for permission and maybe some ideas if he's still here.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I'm in need of a Big..Big favor from some wonderful person who is good at homebrew.

I need an Incarnum Version for an Incarnate of the pathfinder Spell. Ant Haul.

My current party is having a bit of falling out at my warforge's ability to pull a cart at a run... the only way it would work in a certain opinion is if it was a light load...and right now; it eeks barely into my medium.

Plus..after thinking on it; I think a "incarnum" semi-version of the bag of holding would be neat..the difference is being I can just carry alot..but it still looks like I'm carrying alot.
    I would use the spell...but my forged has almost no way to access magic herself.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMists View Post
    I'm in need of a Big..Big favor from some wonderful person who is good at homebrew.

I need an Incarnum Version for an Incarnate of the pathfinder Spell. Ant Haul.

My current party is having a bit of falling out at my warforge's ability to pull a cart at a run... the only way it would work in a certain opinion is if it was a light load...and right now; it eeks barely into my medium.

Plus..after thinking on it; I think a "incarnum" semi-version of the bag of holding would be neat..the difference is being I can just carry alot..but it still looks like I'm carrying alot.
    I would use the spell...but my forged has almost no way to access magic herself.
    Here's my opening volley!

H903:
    Wayfarer's Pack
    Descriptors: None
    Classes: Incarnate
    Chakra: Shoulders or heart
    Saving Throw: None

You shape incarnum into a sturdy backpack that is just wider than your shoulders. Despite its cumbersome appearance, you are not hindered in the least.

While worn, the Wayfarer's pack grants a +2 bonus on Survival checks and Constitution checks to avoid fatigue from a forced march. This bonus increases by +2 for each point of invested essentia.

Chakra Bind (Shoulders): Your pack binds itself to your shoulders. The leather becomes taught and the straps settle into a comfortable position.

For every point of essentia invested in this soulmeld, your Max Dex increases by 1, your encumbrance penalties are reduced by 1 (to a minimum of 0), and your movement increases by 5ft.

Chakra Bind (Heart): You channel the soul energy of pack rats and vagabonds through your heart chakra turning your Wayfarer's Pack into a small, extradimensional storage space almost as pliable as cloth, and as resilient as adamantine.

When Wayfarer's Pack is bound to the heart chakra, it acts as a Handy Haversack. The middle compartment, though, acts as a Type I Bag of Holding. For every pont of essentia you invest, the bag weight increases by 15 pounds, the wieght limit increases by 500 pounds, and the volume limit increases by 50 cu ft.
    "Bender knows love, and love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"- Bender Bending Rodriguez

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ettin in the Playground

R904:
    I have a request for a rather niche Pathfinder PrC called the Faithful Blade. It's a combination Paladin-soulknife (The Dreamscarred Press version). It would based on the soulknife's psi-implement becoming the divine bond. Ideally, it would have options for both offensive and defensive characters (the planned character will be a shielded blade/sacred shield).
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

7. - Top - End - #637
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xaotiq1 View Post
    *snip*
    C903:

That's actually. Wow. Exactly what I was looking for, I never even though of treating it like a shoulder/haversack idea.

Thank you Very Much Xaotiq1.

The Encumbrance rules at a little odd; Do you think it would be overpowerd if the shoulder Chakra bind was changed to something like...

"For every point of essentia invested in this soulmeld, you carry capacity is raised as if you had 2 extra Strength."

Early Levels; it's not much; just enough to make somewhat heavier things lift-able...at higher levels (10 in my case) it's enough to push the capacity up 4 points and do things like pull wagons easily.
    At higher levels; it's strong, as it opens to 6 extra str; and then 8...

This would also encompass the encubrance rules; but only the weight side of it..if armor still encumber's you; your S'O'L.

Speed bonus's? I'll leave that to the boots ^_^

Again; Thanks!
    Last edited by DrunkenMists; 2013-05-16 at 05:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa View Post
    R. 897

While the Vile Shaft (ugh, that's a name to remember) discipline as all fine and good I was talking more along the lines of this when I said Abyssal Archery. Think of marksmanship augmented by netherworldly powers and necromantic might.
    Any takers for this job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    It's worse than the time some friends used a silver piece, a platinum piece, a delayed blast fireball and a scroll of passwall to make a nuclear explosion in a game...
    Quote Originally Posted by nagora View Post
    Chatter is usually a sign that it's time to break out the Lego pirates and start firing marbles at each other's ships instead of role playing. Some nights, we're just not in the mood!
    My fantasy/RPG blog A Voyage Into the Fantastic

9. - Top - End - #639
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMists View Post
    C903:

That's actually. Wow. Exactly what I was looking for, I never even though of treating it like a shoulder/haversack idea.

Thank you Very Much Xaotiq1.

The Encumbrance rules at a little odd; Do you think it would be overpowerd if the shoulder Chakra bind was changed to something like...

"For every point of essentia invested in this soulmeld, you carry capacity is raised as if you had 2 extra Strength."

Early Levels; it's not much; just enough to make somewhat heavier things lift-able...at higher levels (10 in my case) it's enough to push the capacity up 4 points and do things like pull wagons easily.
    At higher levels; it's strong, as it opens to 6 extra str; and then 8...

This would also encompass the encubrance rules; but only the weight side of it..if armor still encumber's you; your S'O'L.

Speed bonus's? I'll leave that to the boots ^_^

Again; Thanks!
    Sweat it not! You take this wherever you need to. Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa View Post
    Any takers for this job?
    Gimme a couple days. Hmm, maybe a week. We'll see what we can do.
    Last edited by Xaotiq1; 2013-05-16 at 10:15 PM.
    "Bender knows love, and love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"- Bender Bending Rodriguez

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

R.905
    A Aberrant-Focused Paladin.
    That is all, thank you.

Zaydos got this.
    Last edited by ShadowFireLance; 2013-05-17 at 11:48 PM.
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

H. 905

Detect Magic: At 1st level an Aberrant Paladin may use Detect Magic as a spell-like ability at-will. This replaces a standard paladin's Detect Evil ability.

Smite Divine: At 1st level an Aberrant Paladin gains the ability to once per day attempt to smite
    a creature capable of casting divine spells or with one of the alignment subtypes with one normal melee attack. She adds her Charisma bonus (if any) to her attack roll and deals 1 extra point of damage per paladin level. If the paladin accidentally smites a creature that is not capable of casting divine spells or with an alignment subtype, the smite has no effect, but the ability is still used up for that day.
    At 5th level, and at every five levels thereafter, the paladin may smite divine one additional time per day.

This replaces a standard paladin's Smite Evil ability.

Divine Grace: As a standard paladin.

Life Siphon - At 2nd level an Aberrant Paladin gains the ability to siphon life with a touch. This ability functions like Lay on Hands, except it may be used to heal or damage any creature. If used to heal a creature the Aberrant Paladin loses hp equal to the amount healed. If used to damage a creature the Aberrant Paladin gains hp equal to the amount damaged.
    This replaces a paladin's Lay on Hands.

Fear Aura (Su): Beginning at 3rd level an aberrant paladin radiates an aura of unease and terror. Your special mount, and any ally who has traveled with you for at least 1 week are immune to this aura. Other creatures within 10-ft of the paladin must make a Will save (DC 10 +1/2 aberrant paladin level + Charisma modifier) or be shaken for as long as they remain in the aura and for 1 minute afterwards. Any creature that successfully saves is immune to your fear aura for 1 day.

This replaces a standard paladin's Aura of Courage.

Rebuke/Command Aberrations (Su): Beginning at 4th level an aberrant paladin gains the ability to rebuke and command aberrations as an evil cleric rebukes and commands undead. An aberrant paladin may use this ability 3 + Charisma modifiers times per day as a cleric 3 levels lower than his paladin class level. You may use these rebuke attempts to fuel Divine feats and Domain (or Devotion) feats as if they were Turn Undead attempts.

This ability replaces a standard paladin's Turn Undead.

Special Mount: An Aberrant Paladin's special mount has 1 less HD than a regular Paladin's mount but gains the Psuedonatural Creature (Lords of Madness) template.

Touch of Madness: As sixth level you gain the ability to make a melee touch attack which causes creature to become confused (as Confusion spell) for 1 round/class level. This is a supernatural mind-affecting ability with a save DC of 10 +1/2 your class level + your Charisma bonus. At 9th level and every 3rd level thereafter you may use this ability 1 additional time each day.

This replaces a paladin's Remove Disease ability.

Spells: Unmodified except for list (below). Only changed the PHB spells if you want someone to change the SpC spells I can look at them but that might take more time (based most of the changes here off of Paladin of Slaughter's changes).

1st—bane, cause fear, color spray, create water, detect poison, divine favor, endure elements, entropic shield, lesser confusion, nystul's magic aura, magic weapon, protection from good, protection from law, read magic, resistance, virtue; 2nd—blindness/deafness, bull’s strength, cure light wounds, darkness, delay poison, eagle’s splendor, owl’s wisdom, resist energy, undetectable alignment; 3rd— arcane sight, cure moderate wounds, deeper darkness, dispel magic, greater
    magic weapon, heal mount, prayer, magic circle against good/law, vampiric touch; 4th—break enchantment, confusion, cure serious wounds, dispel good, dispel law, freedom of movement, unholy sword.

Not sure if you need a new Code of Conduct or would rather make one of your own that fits the setting so here's a go at one anyway
    (Provisional) Code of Conduct
    An aberrant paladin must be of a non-lawful non-good alignment
    and loses all class abilities if she ever willingly serves a non-aberration god dwelling in the Outer Planes.
    Additionally, an aberration paladin’s code requires that she acts to spread the power and taint of the Far Realm into other worlds, and does not oppose its incursion.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2013-05-18 at 05:49 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

R906 (crossing my fingers that this time i might actually get some suggestions/assistance)

I am in need of a 2nd and 19th level ability for my Hexblade retool

I would prefer the 2nd level be some kind of out of comat use, maybe even the 19th levle one.. though I would also love to see the 19th ability be a group buff of some sort.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    R906 (crossing my fingers that this time i might actually get some suggestions/assistance)

I am in need of a 2nd and 19th level ability for my Hexblade retool

I would prefer the 2nd level be some kind of out of comat use, maybe even the 19th levle one.. though I would also love to see the 19th ability be a group buff of some sort.
    H906
    The problem with this is that it's your homebrew and you've written so much stuff that other people will need to read the whole thing and figure out what you're trying to do (as in it's not a small project anymore), or they'll suggest something that likely doesn't fit and gets shut down (kind of hurts the desire to even try). This is also at a critical level where quality control is going to be highest, and at a level so high that basically no one will ever use it. I'll give it a shot, though.

2nd: Omen of Peril with a 1-minute meditation, once per day.
    19th: Permanent nondetection effect.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    H906
    The problem with this is that it's your homebrew and you've written so much stuff that other people will need to read the whole thing and figure out what you're trying to do (as in it's not a small project anymore), or they'll suggest something that likely doesn't fit and gets shut down (kind of hurts the desire to even try). This is also at a critical level where quality control is going to be highest, and at a level so high that basically no one will ever use it. I'll give it a shot, though.

2nd: Omen of Peril with a 1-minute meditation, once per day.
    19th: Permanent nondetection effect.
    I like the omen of peril idea, though I am not sure by what you mean by 1 minute mediation.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

The standard omen of peril requires 1 round to cast, meaning you could pop it in a chase scene to figure out whether the door you're planning on running through is a good one or a bad one. I recommend changing the casting time to 1 minute, that way you don't get the same kind of awesomeness in time-sensitive situations.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Please number your Requests as #R, your Homebrew as #H and Comments as #C as it helps to keep things in order (See first post).

C# 906

How about stealing the Fickle Finger of Fate ability from the Fatespinner Prestige Class (Complete Arcane)? It is similar to misfortune though it encompasses more (it can be any roll).

How often can a hexblade use a Jinx? You didn't put that in. Is it once a day for each jinx? They should be Supernatural Abilities (you have Charisma-based saves).

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

R907

Hey there, in my ownw orld i have combined some less than desireable feats. for example i have combined great fortitude and endurance, and lightning reflexes and dodge

my issue is I cannot think of a feat to combine with Iron Will, or even a similar theme ability, SO i come here asking for such

SO please help me create a second ability to attach to Iron Will.

here are my Great fortitude
    Spoiler
    Show
    Great Fortitude [Combat]
    Prerequisite: None
    Benefit: You get a +2 bonus on all Fortitude saving throws. In addition, You gain a +4 bonus on the following checks and saves: Swim checks made to resist nonlethal damage, Constitution checks made to continue running, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from a forced march, Constitution checks made to hold your breath, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from starvation or thirst, Fortitude saves made to avoid nonlethal damage from hot or cold environments, and Fortitude saves made to resist damage from suffocation. Also, you may sleep in light or medium armor without becoming fatigued.

and Lightning Reflexes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lighting Reflexes [Combat]
    Prerequisite: None
    Benefit: You get a +2 bonus on all Reflex saving throws. In addition During your action, you designate an opponent and receive a +1 dodge bonus to Armor Class against attacks from that opponent. You can select a new opponent on any action.

A condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses. Also, dodge bonuses stack with each other, unlike most other types of bonuses. The bonus from this feat increases by 1 for every 4th base attack bonus.

feats so you can better understand what power level im shooting for

18. - Top - End - #648

H907

Deep Stubbornness
    You gain a +2 bonus on all will saves and checks to withstand intimidation. Similarly, all diplomacy DCs are increased by 2 when applied to you. Also, gain a +3 bonus on concentration checks.
    Special: This feat count as Iron Will and Skill Focus(concentration) for purposes of prerequisites.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

R908

I am looking for a Egyptian themed Prc for a 'paladin' of Ra. Id like the requirements to be divine grace and 2nd levle divine spells, as the character in question is going to be going paladin 2/ then into oracle.
    I want the PrC to be more around the theme of supportive buffs in abilities, and id either like it to give full or near full casting progression or maybe its own spells ala ur-priest.

im thinking something along the lines of liek the warpriest where I get haste and heroism or other such supportive buffs X a day

also C907 that is awesome!

20. - Top - End - #650
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

R909

I'm looking for a Dark Magic user base class (low tier 3 or high tier 4), in the vein of Beguiler, Dread Necromancer. I guess, similar to the Dread Necromancer but without the focus on creating/controlling/becoming undead.

If possible, although this is a much larger request, I'm looking at 4 base classes to replace the wizard, all low tier 3 or high tier 4:

• Deception specialist (I.e something like a slight rework to beguiler)
    • Dark Magic Specialist (see above paragraph)
    • Battle Mage (could just be slight changes to Warmage)
    • Abjurantion and Protection specialist

Thanks in advance.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

H909 Sorry, i got teh bare bones of it down, but dinner is needing to be fixed so i'll finish it later. i hope at least the items i have so far are decent enough. Edit #1 3 hours later well the spell list took a lot longer than I had thought it would. Edit #2 8 hours later

Dark Mage
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |0lvl|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th|6th|7th|8th|9th

1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Dark Arts: Black Spell|5|3|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—

2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|Dark Familiar, Vision Through the Shadows|6|4|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—

3rd|+1|+1|+1|+3|Advanced Learning|6|5|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—

4th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Dark Arts: Dark Sustenance|6|6|3|—|—|—|—|—|—|—

5th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Armored Mage|6|6|4|—|—|—|—|—|—|—

6th|+3|+2|+2|+5|Advanced Learning|6|6|5|3|—|—|—|—|—|—

7th|+3|+2|+2|+5|Abolish Illumination, Dark Arts: Mimification|6|6|6|4|—|—|—|—|—|—

8th|+4|+2|+2|+6||6|6|6|5|3|—|—|—|—|—

9th|+4|+3|+3|+6|Advanced Learning|6|6|6|6|4|—|—|—|—|—

10th|+5|+3|+3|+7|Dark Arts: Soul Feeder|6|6|6|6|5|3|—|—|—|—

11th|+5|+3|+3|+7|Beshadowed Magic|6|6|6|6|6|4|—|—|—|—

12th|+6/+1|+4|+4|+8|Advanced Learning|6|6|6|6|6|5|3|—|—|—

13th|+6/+1|+4|+4|+8|Dark Arts: Dark Guidance|6|6|6|6|6|6|4|—|—|—

14th|+7/+2|+4|+4|+9||6|6|6|6|6|6|5|3|—|—

15th|+7/+2|+5|+5|+9|Advanced Learning|6|6|6|6|6|6|6|4|—|—

16th|+8/+3|+5|+5|+10|Dark Arts: Shadow Form|6|6|6|6|6|6|6|5|3|—

17th|+8/+3|+5|+5|+10||6|6|6|6|6|6|6|6|4|—

18th|+9/+4|+6|+6|+11|Advanced Learning|6|6|6|6|6|6|6|6|5|3

19th|+9/+4|+6|+6|+11|Dark Arts: Reaving Spell|6|6|6|6|6|6|6|6|6|4

20th|+10/+5|+6|+6|+12|Dark Perfection|6|6|6|6|6|6|6|6|6|6

[/table]
    Alignment: Any Non-Good
    Hit Die: 1d4

Class Skills:
    Class Skills Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (int), Decipher Script (Int), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Arcana) (Int), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), Knowledge( The Planes), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Spot (Wis).
    Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int modifier) × 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A Dark mage is proficient with all simple weapons and with light armor, but not with shields.

Spells A Dark Mage casts arcane spells, which are drawn from the Dark Mage spell list. Like a sorcerer, he can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. When a Dark Mage gains access to a new level of spells, he automatically knows all the spells for that level given on the Dark mage's spell list. Dark Mages also have the option of adding to their existing spell list through their advanced learning ability as they increase in level (see below).

To cast a spell, a Dark Mage must have an Intelligence score of 10 + the spell's level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Dark Mage's spell is 10 + the spell's level + his Intelligence modifier. Like other spellcasters, a Dark mage can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on the above table. In addition, she receives bonus spells for a high Intelligence score.

Spell List
    0 Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Read Magic, Touch of Fatigue
    1st Cause Fear, Charm Person, Chill Touch, Deep Breathe, Disguise Self, Doom, Ebon Eyes, Ectoplasmic Armor, Entropic Shield, Expeditious Retreat, Inhibit, Mage Armor, Net of Shadows, Night Shield, Obscuring Mist, Sleep, Spectral Hand, Spirit Worm, Undetectable Alignment, Unseen Servant, Wall of Smoke
    2nd Belker Claws, Blur, Cloud of Ewilderment, Command Undead, Curse of Ill Fortune, Darkness, Daze Monster, Detect Thoughts, Fog Cloud, Invisibility, Knock, Mirror Image, Obscure Object, Phantasmal Assailant, Phantom Foe, Ray of Weakness, See Invisibility, Scare, Shadow Spray, Silence, Summon Swarm, Touch of Idiocy, Veil of Shadow, Wall of Gloom, Wave of Greif, Wracking Touch
    3rd Blacklight, Blindness/Deafness, Cairaudience/Clairvoyance, Claws of Darkness, Clutch of Orcus, Contagious Fog, Darkfire, Deep Slumber, Deeper Darkness, Desecrate, Dispel Magic, Displacement, Fly, Glibness, Hold Person, Invisibility Sphere, Mind Poison, Nauseating Breath, Nondetection, Phantom Steed, Ray of Exhaustion, Shadow Binding, Shadow Phase, Slashing Darkness, Slow, Stinking Cloud, Vampiric Touch
    4th Animate Dead, Bestow Curse, Charm Monster, Confusion, Consumptive Field, Crushing Despair, Defenestrating Sphere, Dimension Door, Dimensional Anchor, Enervation, Evard’s Black Tentacles, Fear, Giant Vermin, Globe of Invulnerability, Greater Invisibility, Locate Creature, Otiluke’s Resilient Sphere, Phantasmal Killer, Poison, Rainbow Pattern, Shadow Well, Solid Fog, Sword of Deception, Wrack
    5th Baleful Polymorph, Blight, Break Enchantment, Cloud Kill, Crawling Darkness, Darkbolt, Dismissal, Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Fiendform, Hold Monster, Lesser Planar Binding, Magic Jar, Mass Curse of Ill Fortune, Mind Fog, Mordenkainen’s Faithful hound, Night’s Caress, Nightmare, Nightstalker’s Transformation, Phantom Stag, Shadow Hand, Slay Living, Spirit Wall, Teleport
    6th Aura of Terror, Circle of Death, Eyebite, Disintegrate, Flesh to Stone, Fleshshiver, Freezing Fog, Globe of Invulnerability, Greater Dispel Magic, Mislead, Planar Binding, Ray of Entropy, Repulsion, Shadow Walk, Shadowy Grappler, True Seeing, Veil
    7th Banishment, BlackFire, Create Undead, Control Weather, Ethereal Jaunt, Evil Glare, Finger of Death, Greater Consumptive Field, Insanity, Mass Hold Person, Phantom Wolf, Power Word Blind, Reverse Gravity, Sequester, Spell Turning, Stun Ray, Sword of Darkness
    8th Antipathy, Binding, Dimensional Lock, Discern Location, Greater Bestow Curse, Greater Planar Binding, Heat Drain, Horrid Wilting, Maddening Whispers, Mass Charm Monster, Maze, Mind Blank, Power Word Stun, Trap The Soul
    9th Dominate Monster, Energy Drain, Etherealness, Foresight, Greater Create Undead, Imprisonment, Mass Hold Monster, Phantom Bear, Plague of Undead, Soul Bind, Wail of the Banshee, Weird

Class Abilities

Dark Arts {Ex or SU:} A Dark Mage learns his magic from from forbidden tomes and less than righteous tutors. As he increases in power and dark knowledge he gains certain abilities and powers that are unlocked.

Black Spell {Ex} A Dark Mage that uses this ability casts a spell, taking one full round to do so. The spell then becomes a Black Spell, a quater of its damage dealt becomes untyped and so ignores any resistances. If the spell does not deal hit point damage instead the spell gains +2 bonus to its save DC. A Dark Mage can use this ability a number of times per day equal to his Wisdom Modifier.

Dark Sustenance {Ex} A Dark Mage find shimself privy to powers that are beyond his understanding. He no longer need to breathe and only needs to eat 1 meal a week.

Mimification {Su} The Dark Mage can mimic another casters spells, doing so take 2 full rounds. The spell can be of no level higher than the highest level spell the Dark Mage can cast -3, furthermore the spell is cast at half the Dark Mage's caster level. Only spells that have the Darkness, Cold, Evil, Glamer, Figment, or Fear descriptors can be mimicked. A Dark Mage cna use this ability a number of times per day equal to his Wisdom modifier.

Soul Feeder {Su} If a creature dies within the round it was effected by a Dark Mage's spell, the Dark mage heals 1 HP for every HD the creature had.

Dark Guidance {Su} The powers a Dark Mage attains his magic from also know secrets long buried or hidden, but at a price. Once a day a Dark Mage may cast Vision as a spell Like ability., Suffering a -4 penalty to Consitution and Fatigued for 2 hours.

Shadow Form {Su} Once a day, the Dark Mage can transform his body into a terrifying creature which manifests as a large shadow-like monster with fiery eyes and mouth. Transforming into this form takes 1 full round. When in this form, the Dark Mage gain a large number of benefits. The Dark Mage becomes immune to charms and compulsion, has a 50% chance to negate critical strikes, is immune to poison and disease. Further more he gains +4 Strength and +4 Constitution as well as twice his present HD as temporary hit points for as long he is in this form or until lost, all attacks on the Dark Mage has a 20% miss chance because his body is half made of shadows. This ability lasts a number of rounds equal to 3 plus his wisdom modifier.

Reaving Spell l{Su} A Dark Mage can use this terrifying abilty a number of times per day per Wisdom Modifier. A use of this ability allows the Dark mage to empower his spells with dreadful effects. Targets of his spells suffer the suspension of regeneration and fast healing like from the spell Graymantle and take extra damage equal to the level of the spell for 5 rounds.

Dark Familiar At 2nd level a Dark Mage attains a familiar in the same way as a wizard or sorceror. THe familar though differentiates in that it possess the Dark template. If the Dark Mage ever attaisn a different or alternate familair such as through the improved familair feat, that too has the Dark Template.

Vision Through The Shadow {Ex}: The Dark Mage gains an enhanced form of Darkvision out to 60 feet. this allows him to see through magical darkness as well.

Advanced Learning At 3rd level, a Dark Mage can add a new spell to his list, representing the result of personal study and experimentation. The spell must be wizard spell of a level no higher than that of the highest-level spell the Dark Mage already knows. Once a new spell is selected, it is added to that Dark Mage's spell list and can be cast just like any other spell he knows. A Dark Mage gains an additional new spell at 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, and 18th level.

Armored Mage {Ex} at 6th level members of this class can cast Dark Mage spells while wearing light armor without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance. He still incurs the normal arcane spell failure chance for arcane spells derived from other classes.

Abolish Illumination {Su}: A number of time per day equal to 3+ the Dark Mage's Wisdom modifer he can use this ability. As a standard action he produces a 20 foot cone of darkness similar to a Deeper Darkness spell, any light within the area of affect is subject to dispelling as if by greater dispel magic In addition any Good aligned creatures within the cone suffer a -2 penalty to all rolls for 1 minute. At 13th level this cone lasts for 3 rounds and at 19th level the cone blinds Good aligned creatures for 5 rounds and gives Evil aligned creatures a +2 bonus to all rolls for 1 minute.

Beshadowed Magic {Su}: A Dark Mage casting a spell with the Darkness or Fear Descriptor find the spell bolstered. The spell creates a Shadow (which have bonus Temporary Hit points equal to the HD of the target) that look identicle to the affect Target(s). The Shadow immediately attack the target untill desroyed.

Dark Perfection {Su}: At 20th level a gains a modifed Dark template. Gaining Cold Reistance 10, low-light vision, a +6 perfection bonus to Hide and Move Silently, the Ability to use Cause Fear as a Spell Like Ability a number of times equal to 3 + Wisdom modifier, and Fast Healing 1.
    Last edited by ngilop; 2013-06-03 at 01:52 AM.

22. - Top - End - #652

R910 Could I get some stats for a swordcane, for DND 3.5 please?

23. - Top - End - #653
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    C910: I'm unsure that needs stats. Isn't it basically a sheath, just one that looks like a cane? Where is there anything but fluff to change?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #654

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    C910: I'm unsure that needs stats. Isn't it basically a sheath, just one that looks like a cane? Where is there anything but fluff to change?
    C910.2: Maybe it could have the option of doing bludgeoning damage (sheathed) or maybe piercing and/or slashing damage (unsheathed)? I don't know pretty much anything about them other than they look cool.
    It seems kind of practical for a high ranking woman though. She'd have her body guards obviously, but if whatever's attacking makes it past them, she'd have a weapon of some sort to at least attempt to protect herself.
    Last edited by gurgleflep; 2013-06-08 at 12:08 PM.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gurgleflep View Post
    C910.2: Maybe it could have the option of doing bludgeoning damage (sheathed) or maybe piercing and/or slashing damage (unsheathed)? I don't know pretty much anything about them other than they look cool.
    It seems kind of practical for a high ranking woman though. She'd have her body guards obviously, but if whatever's attacking makes it past them, she'd have a weapon of some sort to at least attempt to protect herself.
    C 910.3: Well, as a baseline, it's a walking stick with a thin sword (probably a Rapier in D&D terms) in it, and the sword's handle is decorated such that it looks like part of the stick. So you're basically suggesting "hit someone with the stick," which for practical purposes would be an improvised weapon - it wouldn't have enough heft for a greatclub or club, but it'd be too long for a light-weapon equivalent (call it a Size -1 club, or a lethal-damage sap)

I'm not saying it's impractical as a thing, just that there really isn't any crunch involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #656

Oh, okay. Thanks for the advise.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

C910
    Really, the critical part of the sword-cane is the Spot check DC to notices it isn't just a cane. I'd say that for a good-quality one (such as is almost certainly the case here) that it should be at least DC 20, from within 10' (IE short enough for no penalties for distance), for someone especially looking for it. At least a +10 bonus if actually holding it, and thus probably using Search instead of Spot.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-06-08 at 02:30 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Orc in the Playground

R911

I need three new races of Outsiders.

The Enforcers (or something like that): these are extraterrestial creatures that judge your soul after you've passed on. They have a vaguely humanoid appearence, but lack any distinct features. A halo of Silver light makes it hard to look at them directly. They float. When you die, you spirit pops up on the Ethereal plane where a Enforcer is waiting. He then sums up your deeds, intentions and aspirations and decieds too which afterlife you should go. You can't attack an Enforcer if you died and normally apeared on the Etherial Plane, but if you travel there by means of magic you can hurt an Enforcer. If at all possible, I would like three ranks of Enforcers. the Least, who would just judge the normal people. The Lesser Version, which is sent to judge a person who could hurt or even kill an least enforcer. And a Greater Enforcer, which is sent to the Material plane to stop someone who has lived past his normal Experation Date somehow. (like a lich, or someone who obtained inmortality trough a Wish effect)

The Seraphs: the CG outsider race. ( I didn't like the fluff of Eladrins, so I replaced them) I'd try to describe what they look like, but these pictures, found by Man on Fire, depict them way better. ( I actually took the idea from his post on another Thread, so if Man on Fire ever reads this: thank you!)

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    I could see it this way:
    - CG are all those bizarre Angels, like the ones decribed in Bible and other holy texts, the higher in hierarchy they are, the more bizarre and inhuman and chaotic they look. Most powerful ones look like this, this or this, some steps lower in hierarchy there are guys like this one. The lowest are still a bit more humanoid, but even they have some really bizarre traits. Like this, this, this, this or this. Maybe they have some connection to fey.
    The Chaotic Neutral Race: I have a vague idea of what I want these creatures to be like, but it's not completely lined out. Basicly I want a bunch of creatures of different strengths that keep shifting form. Wether they can just adopt any form they want, or don't have a form of their one, or both I'm not sure.

(am I asking for too much? if so, if you guys only do one of them, I'd be really happy )

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

Change the names of modron creatures to match the Enforces.

Change the names of eldran to match the CG angels.

Change the names of one of the outsiders to fit your CN races.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    There is already an official swordcane in Cityscape. Wizards of the Coast has kindly put up a web enhancement that includes the stats for it here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070314a

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread