New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

C 1001
    Because stirges are terrifying, I'm thinking of doing something with stirge tactics, where the monster runs in and deals some damage, then runs away to digest its meal. Is that OK or would you rather have them be fight-to-the-death monsters?

I have two ideas for monster in mind, tell me which you like more:
    • Fishing Spiders (cat sized) that leave their feelers in the water waiting for prey, and jump of things that move. They hunt in small packs and come with a staggering poison that paralyzes you if you roll really low.
    • Waterbug mosquito things (swarm) that mates and breeds in eddies by the aqueduct. They run around and eat faces, block vision, and do that regular swarm thing.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-01-25 at 06:12 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Orc in the Playground

R1000

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    [b]

C 1000
    As usual, questions:
    • What level are you looking for to enter here, and do you have a preferred length? I'm thinking this fits into a 5-lvl PrC, and would do well for cleric 4 entry.
    • How much cleric spellcasting are you looking for? Do you mind if I only grant 3/5 casting?
    • Is there a certain class you want to look like, or do you want to look like any of them?
    • When you say "mount" do you mean a special mount?
    • I don't really have a preferred length
    • Considering the concept of the class I think 3/5 is fair.
    • I would prefer the ability to look like a wide variety of base classes
    • I would prefer a mount a can summon and unsummon, even if i have to feed it and otherwise take care of it.
    Last edited by Ra_Va; 2014-01-25 at 07:51 PM.
    High Priest of the Fellowship of Xykon's Blade.
    Member of below-average standing in the Class-Maker Guild.
    Thanks to linklele for my Avatar.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Dwarf in the Playground

C 1001
    Because stirges are terrifying, I'm thinking of doing something with stirge tactics, where the monster runs in and deals some damage, then runs away to digest its meal. Is that OK or would you rather have them be fight-to-the-death monsters?

I have two ideas for monster in mind, tell me which you like more:
    • Fishing Spiders (cat sized) that leave their feelers in the water waiting for prey, and jump of things that move. They hunt in small packs and come with a staggering poison that paralyzes you if you roll really low.
    • Waterbug mosquito things (swarm) that mates and breeds in eddies by the aqueduct. They run around and eat faces, block vision, and do that regular swarm thing.
    C1001

All of those ideas sound fine. As a matter of fact, if I had both I would use both. A swarm might be more appropriate because they're in an ancient ruin deep in the jungle, which would probably be a decent place for bug swarms, but tiny size spiders might be more fun for the party. Overall, I think probably swarms, although I am also very interested in fishing spiders. I will leave it up to your discretion. Only problem is, the session I was going to use them in is coming up tomorrow, so I need 'em quick! Even if we don't make the deadline, though, I use a lot of water-based enemies, so they'll see use either way.
    Last edited by LordotheMorning; 2014-01-26 at 03:50 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ogre in the Playground

C 1000
    I tried meshing nondetection thingies with getting a mount, but I couldn't get a good theme to jive there. So I've separated the features: the disguise abilities are a prestige class and the mount summoning is a feat/ACF.

H 1000a: The Faceless Apostle
    "We all see what we want to see."

Prerequisites:
    • BAB: +3
    • Skills: Disguise 6 ranks
    • Spells: Able to cast an Illusion spell of at least 1st level that grants a bonus to Disguise checks.
    • Special: Must have at least some human or changeling heritage. About as much as a half-breed or planetouched is sufficient. The DM is allowed to smack you with this rule if you (for example) play a half-orc with fiendish heritage feats and a fire giant bloodline.

HD: d8
    BAB: 3/4 (as cleric)
    Good Saves: Will
    Skill Points per Level: 6 + Intelligence modifier
    Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Disguise, Forgery, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (all skills, taken individually), Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Profession, Speak Language, Spellcraft, Spot

{table]Level|Special|Spellcasting
    1|Subtle Aura, Pass Me By, False Face|-
    2|Overlooked Attire|+1 level of spellcasting class
    3|Fooling the Third Eye, Magic Aura|+1 level of spellcasting class
    4|Mental Barricade|-
    5|Faceless|+1 level of spellcasting class[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The faceless apostle gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Subtle Aura (Ex): The faceless apostle begins his craft by obfuscating the nature of his alignment. If he has an aura based on alignment, he no longer has that aura. In addition, the faceless apostle may project an aura corresponding to any alignment as a free action. The power of this aura is calculated as though he were a cleric with level equal to his hit dice, though he may make the aura weaker if he chooses.

Pass Me By (Su): The faceless apostle is difficult to detect in crowds. When he mingles in a populous place, no one can recognize him unless they did so less than a minute beforehand. This makes it tough to trail apostles in big cities.

False Face (Sp): As a 1-round action, the faceless apostle can use disguise self at will. When he uses this ability, the apostle is momentarily surrounded by dark energies and an unearthly moan can be heard from a far dimension... so it's generally not a great thing to use in public spaces.

Overlooked Attire (Ex): With a few minutes, some dirt, and a couple rags, the 2nd level faceless apostle can put together functional disguises. For him, creating a disguise requires only 1d10 minutes and he can grant allies a +5 bonus on disguise checks to remain overlooked (such as when guards might be looking for them).

Fooling the Third Eye (Su): The faceless apostle becomes even more mysterious at 3rd level. He may now hide his alignment from detection, and as a free action may alter the alignment others would perceive him as. This only works against magical effects such as detect evil, not against deductions made from interaction.

Magic Aura (Sp): As a 1-round action, the 3rd-level faceless apostle may use magic aura at will, except it effects all objects the apostle is wearing and touching and the duration lasts until the apostle uses this ability again. Like False Face, use of this ability is accompanied by swirling energy and creepy noises.

Mental Barricade (Ex): The presence of the faceless apostle is almost unnoticeable. They cannot be detected by divination as if they were under a constant nondetection effect. Additionally, they are unhindered by mundane and magical [Mind-Affecting] effects that inflict pain (such as mundane torture or power word: pain) and cannot take ability damage or drain

Faceless (Ex): The faceless apostle reaches their peak of power here. Their identity disappears entirely, consumed by a void. They may bear an identical appearance to their former self, but it's as if who they used to be simply disappeared from the earth. Anyone who doesn't know the apostle very well effectively has no memory of them.

In addition, the apostle can shift the physical properties of their body. They may mimic the effects of an alter self spell at-will as a 1 round action, but in the process their body bubbles and stretches unnaturally as it morphs (making use of the ability very noticeable). A true seeing spell no longer detects the face of the apostle, but instead sees a featureless shape where their face would be.

H 1000b: Summoned Mount
    "Look at my horse, my horse is amazing."
    Prerequisite: Turn or Rebuke Undead
    Benefit: You gain the services of a mount that you can magically summon. It lives in the Outlands, but heals at a normal rate for a creature of its kind and has the same needs (it must be fed, it must sleep).

You can summon this creature as a full-round action by spending a turn or rebuke attempt, and can dismiss it as a free action. The creature is an animal or magical beast whose CR must be equal to or lower than your hit dice - 3. For every point your level exceeds the monster's CR - 3, it gains 1 hit die (to a maximum of your level). The creature gains 1 attribute per 2 hit dice instead of normal attribute or feat increases, and losing or obtaining a summoned mount is treated as per an animal companion.

EDIT1: Formatting errors resolved. Now looks like an actual class table.
    EDIT2: Added mount dismissal, quote text, and changed a little class text formatting.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-01-26 at 11:37 PM. Reason: how do i even formatting

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Barbarian in the Playground

C997 You skipped mine over

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Orc in the Playground

C 1000
    I tried meshing nondetection thingies with getting a mount, but I couldn't get a good theme to jive there. So I've separated the features: the disguise abilities are a prestige class and the mount summoning is a feat/ACF.

H 1000a: The Faceless Apostle
    "We all see what we want to see."

Prerequisites:
    • BAB: +3
    • Skills: Disguise 6 ranks
    • Spells: Able to cast an Illusion spell of at least 1st level that grants a bonus to Disguise checks.
      [b]Special: Must have at least some human or changeling heritage. About as much as a half-breed or planetouched is sufficient. The DM is allowed to smack you with this rule if you (for example) play a half-orc with fiendish heritage feats and a fire giant bloodline.

Good Saves: Will
    Skill Points per Level: 6 + Intelligence modifier
    Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Disguise, Forgery, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (all skills, taken individually), Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Profession, Speak Language, Spellcraft, Spot

1|Subtle Aura, Pass Me By, False Face|
    -

2|Overlooked Attire||+1 level of spellcasting class

3|Fooling the Third Eye, Magic Aura|+1 level of spellcasting class

4|Mental Barricade||
    -

5|Faceless|+1 level of spellcasting class

[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The faceless apostle gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Subtle Aura (Ex): The faceless apostle begins his craft by obfuscating the nature of his alignment. If he has an aura based on alignment, he no longer has that aura. In addition, the faceless apostle may project an aura corresponding to any alignment as a free action. The power of this aura is calculated as though he were a cleric with level equal to his hit dice, though he may make the aura weaker if he chooses.

Pass Me By (Su): The faceless apostle is difficult to detect in crowds. When he mingles in a populous place, no one can recognize him unless they did so less than a minute beforehand. This makes it tough to trail apostles in big cities.

False Face (Sp): As a 1 round action, the faceless apostle can use disguise self at-will. When he uses this ability, the apostle is momentarily surrounded by dark energies and an unearthly moan can be heard from a far dimension... so it's generally not a great thing to use in public spaces.

Overlooked Attire (Ex): With a few minutes, some dirt, and a couple rags, the 2nd level faceless apostle can put together functional disguises. For him, creating a disguise requires only 1d10 minutes and he can grant allies a +5 bonus on disguise checks to remain overlooked (such as when guards might be looking for them).

Fooling the Third Eye (Su): The faceless apostle becomes even more mysterious at 3rd level. He may now hide his alignment from detection, and as a free action may alter the alignment others would perceive him as. This only works against magical effects such as detect evil, not against deductions made from interaction.

Magic Aura (Sp): As a 1-round action, the 3rd-level faceless apostle may use magic aura, except it effects all objects the apostle is wearing and touching and the duration lasts until the apostle uses this ability again. Like False Face, use of this ability is accompanied by swirling energy and creepy noises.

Mental Barricade (Ex): The presence of the faceless apostle is almost unnoticeable. They cannot be detected by divination as if they were under a constant nondetection effect. Additionally, they are unhindered by mundane and magical [Mind-Affecting] effects that inflict pain (such as mundane torture or power word: pain) and cannot take ability damage or drain

Faceless (Ex): The faceless apostle reaches their peak of power here. Their identity disappears entirely, consumed by a void. They may bear an identical appearance to their former self, but it's as if who they used to be simply disappeared from the earth. Anyone who doesn't know the apostle very well effectively has no memory of them.

In addition, the apostle can shift the physical properties of their body. They may mimic the effects of an alter self spell at-will as a 1 round action, but in the process their body bubbles and stretches unnaturally as it morphs (making use of the ability very noticeable). A true seeing spell no longer detects the face of the apostle, but instead sees a featureless shape where their face would be.

H 1000b: Summoned Mount
    Prerequisite: Turn or Rebuke Undead
    Benefit: You gain the services of a mount that you can magically summon. It lives in the Outlands, but heals at a normal rate for a creature of its kind and has the same needs (it must be fed, it must sleep).

You can summon this creature as a full-round action by spending a turn or rebuke attempt. The creature is an animal or magical beast whose CR must be equal to or lower than your hit dice - 3. For every point your level exceeds the monster's CR - 3, it gains 1 hit die (to a maximum of your level). The creature gains 1 attribute per 2 hit dice instead of normal attribute or feat increases, and losing or obtaining a summoned mount is treated as per an animal companion.
    thank you, this should work, I would also like your permission to post this on a website, credit will be given and such.
    High Priest of the Fellowship of Xykon's Blade.
    Member of below-average standing in the Class-Maker Guild.
    Thanks to linklele for my Avatar.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by CaDzilla View Post
    C997 You skipped mine over
    C997
    Don't take it personally. The `brewers, like the folks who make avatars, do the ones they feel they can do and are still within their comfort zone/abilities to make. Or it was overlooked.
    Last edited by gurgleflep; 2014-01-26 at 10:53 PM. Reason: fixed a word

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

C 997
    Though gurglflep is correct, I actually thought I had posted my response to this, but I think I may have forgotten to submit it or gotten distracted. Questions for you:
    • Diabolist and Demonologist are both pretty different. Flavor as listed below:
      • The Demonologist focuses on level-appropriate demon summons and anti-demon abilities with minor casting to back it up. Their fluff is a demon hunter. A yugolothologist (name suggestions are appreciated) would do similar things by binding and summoning yugoloths.
      • The Diabolist does evil magic with evil damage, getting full casting and +1d6 evil damage every 3-5 levels, but thematically they're supposed to gain the powers of devils by advancing in the class. A yugololist (heh) would gain yugoloth powers and some minor magic.

Which of those two concepts were you looking for, or were you looking for something else? I could also write up a new theme (like someone who makes Faustian bargains for Yugoloth-granted powers).
    • Did you want it to advance spellcasting (diabolist does, demonologist doesn't)? If you don't want it to advance spellcasting, how strong of casting do you want?
    • Did you want it to fit a certain adventuring or combat role? (Demonologist is a summoner, diabolist is whatever the caster beforehand was)
    • Is it OK if I skimp and only make this 5 levels, or do you really want it to go 10 levels?
    • What are you favorite yugoloths? Give me 2 or 3 names (and books they're in please).

Quote Originally Posted by Ra_Va View Post
    thank you, this should work, I would also like your permission to post this on a website, credit will be given and such.
    C 1000
    Go ahead. If you give me credit, you can do whatever you want.

C 1001
    Ach, I wasn't planning to do it till tomorrow. If you still want it, I'm thinking the better choice is the giant fishing spider. Dudes in heavy armor will probably be having enough trouble as-is with water, there's no need to make them fight monsters that can't be stabbed.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-01-26 at 11:07 PM.
    All work I do is CC-BY-SA. Copy it wherever you want as long as you credit me.

9. - Top - End - #1119

C997
    Pathfinder has the Souleater prestige class. It's not very similar to the diabolist and demonologist in abilities but it is daemon (PF's yuguloths) themed.
    Last edited by The Cats; 2014-01-26 at 10:48 PM.
    BokaliMali
    Catatar By Sensate
    Shoop-da-Whoop

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Pixie in the Playground

R1007

A bit of an awkward request but I would like a template for a stom giant. I would like to incorporate it as a race but not the classes that are given in the books. I was wondering if you could help me in making a template for these guys so that I may be able to more develop their social culture in my world. I would like to request it be of version 3.5.
    My main focus is making these giants like feudal Japan so a samurai flavor would be great because I'm looking for a favored weapon of katana.

Thank you
    Azacreth
    Last edited by azacreth; 2014-01-27 at 12:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1121

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by azacreth View Post
    R1001

A bit of an awkward request but I would like a template for a srom giant. I would like to incorperate it as a race but not the classes that are given in the books do I was wondering if you could help me in making a template for these guys so that I may be able to more develooe their social culture in my world. I would like to request it be of version 3.5.
    My main focus is making these giants like feudal Japan so a samurai flavor would be great because I'm looking for a favored weapon of katana.

Thank you
    Azacreth
    You're actually R1002.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Dwarf in the Playground

C1001:

By all means, I am still interested. I had to make up my own version (based on your tiny-sized, stirge-like concept) for the encounter today, which worked fine, but as I said, I do run a lot of water-based dungeons, so if you make it, it will definitely see use.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

R1002

A bit of an awkward request but I would like a template for a stom giant. I would like to incorporate it as a race but not the classes that are given in the books. I was wondering if you could help me in making a template for these guys so that I may be able to more develop their social culture in my world. I would like to request it be of version 3.5.

Thank you
    Azacreth
    Are you a DM and want these creatures as background characters? In that case, it'd be pretty simple just to add onto their normal stats.

If you want their stats in the form of a race, that's possible.

What precisely do you want altered or homebrewed, though?
    On a quest to marry Asmodeus, lord of the Nine Hells, or die trying.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Are you a DM and want these creatures as background characters? In that case, it'd be pretty simple just to add onto their normal stats.

If you want their stats in the form of a race, that's possible.

What precisely do you want altered or homebrewed, though?
    I would like this as a race

15. - Top - End - #1125

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by gurgleflep View Post
    You're actually R1002.
    Technically Incorrect; 1007. See Below. (check back a Page if you don't beleive me).

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    R1002:
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    R1003
    Quote Originally Posted by beowulf_gr View Post
    R1004
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cats View Post
    R1005
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMists View Post
    R1006:
    I only mention this because I hope these requests don't get lost in the shuffle due to the actually well thought out [R]equest/[H]omebrew/[C]omment System thats in place.
    Last edited by DrunkenMists; 2014-01-27 at 07:14 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Pixie in the Playground

Technically Incorrect; 1007. See Below. (check back a Page if you don't beleive me).

I only mention this because I hope these requests don't get lost in the shuffle due to the actually well thought out [R]equest/[H]omebrew/[C]omment System thats in place.

Thank you the post has been edited

17. - Top - End - #1127

C 997
    Though gurglflep is correct, I actually thought I had posted my response to this, but I think I may have forgotten to submit it or gotten distracted. Questions for you:
    • Diabolist and Demonologist are both pretty different. Flavor as listed below:
      • The Demonologist focuses on level-appropriate demon summons and anti-demon abilities with minor casting to back it up. Their fluff is a demon hunter. A yugolothologist (name suggestions are appreciated) would do similar things by binding and summoning yugoloths.
      • The Diabolist does evil magic with evil damage, getting full casting and +1d6 evil damage every 3-5 levels, but thematically they're supposed to gain the powers of devils by advancing in the class. A yugololist (heh) would gain yugoloth powers and some minor magic.

Which of those two concepts were you looking for, or were you looking for something else? I could also write up a new theme (like someone who makes Faustian bargains for Yugoloth-granted powers).
    • Did you want it to advance spellcasting (diabolist does, demonologist doesn't)? If you don't want it to advance spellcasting, how strong of casting do you want?
    • Did you want it to fit a certain adventuring or combat role? (Demonologist is a summoner, diabolist is whatever the caster beforehand was)
    • Is it OK if I skimp and only make this 5 levels, or do you really want it to go 10 levels?
    • What are you favorite yugoloths? Give me 2 or 3 names (and books they're in please).

c997
    This class (Daemonologist, Lothian, Lothologist...) should focus mostly on enchantment and illusion for manipulation purposes. The class should also gain some combat skills as bards are the targeted entrance class, but there should be some form of entrance for rogue/sorcerers and fighter/sorcerers. My favorite yugoloths are the ultroloth , nycaloth (manual of the Planes) and the skeroloth (Fiend Folio). This class should have 10 levels with a new spellcasting level gained every 2nd level. This class should also give the player some yugoloth qualities such as minor damage reduction and energy resistances.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I would like this as a race
    C1007

What level of power are you looking for in a race?

Is this something a player could reasonably have, or is it to be a powerful background race?

A direct translation of Storm Giant as it is now would produce a character with about nineteen racial hit die and an unknown level adjustment.

It's important to make clear what it is you desire.
    On a quest to marry Asmodeus, lord of the Nine Hells, or die trying.

19. - Top - End - #1129

HalfOrcPirate

Thanks for the correction, yikes that would've been a whacky mess-up!

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    C1007

What level of power are you looking for in a race?

Is this something a player could reasonably have, or is it to be a powerful background race?

A direct translation of Storm Giant as it is now would produce a character with about nineteen racial hit die and an unknown level adjustment.

It's important to make clear what it is you desire.
    C1008

I would it to be about 15 racial hit dice if possible and this is for an npc character that is going to be apart of a brute squad that helps the players he will be a rouge so I wanted to be able to change its wepons and armour and if at all possible its level. I hope this is enough info for you to work with.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ogre in the Playground

H 997: The Daemonist
    "I have paid my soul to the Yugoloth lords. In return, I am given an eternity to take the throne of Khin-Oin."

Prerequisites:
    • BAB: +4
    • Skills: Knowledge (The Planes) 8 ranks
    • Feats: Evil Brand, Willing Deformity
    • Spells: Able to cast at least 2 of the following spontaneously: Alter Self, Darkness, Invisibility, Scare, Summon Monster II
    • Special: Must make non-violent contact with a yugoloth other than a skereloth.

Good Saves: Will and Reflex
    Skill Points per Level: 4 + Intelligence modifier
    Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (The Planes), Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Speak Language, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device

1|Battle Weaving, Hellbound, Yugoloth Resistances|-
    2|Skereloth Familiar|+1 level of spontaneous class
    3|Gray Magic, See Invisibility, Desecrate|-
    4|Telepathy, Petitioner's Grasp|+1 level of spontaneous class
    5|Gift of the Oinoloth|-
    6|Fiendish Theurgy|+1 level of spontaneous class
    7|Magic of the Wastes|-
    8|Hellwalker|+1 level of spontaneous class
    9|Fiendish Theurgy|-
    10|Elder Petitioner|+1 level of spontaneous class
    [/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A daemonist gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Battle Weaving (Ex): A daemonist's first talent allows them to throw spells while in the midst of battle. If they make an attack as a standard action, they may cast a spell or use a spell-like ability as a swift action even if it would not normally be usable with that action. This ability must have a normal casting time of 1 full-round action or less, and provokes attacks of opportunity for use if it normally would.

The spell must be from the Illusion or Conjuration (Summoning) schools, or have the a [Darkness] or [Fear] descriptors.

Hellbound: Daemonists have sold their soul to the Gray Wastes of Hades in order to gain the powers of the Yugoloth. They no longer age, but when they die they will be sent to the Gray Wastes as larva.

In addition, a daemonist no longer dreams (though effects that send them dreams or visions still affect them). Every time a daemonist gains a level in this class, they have one vivid and gruesome dream of the Blood War which leaves them exhausted the next morning.

Yugoloth Resistances (Ex): A daemonist gains damage resistance overcome by good equal to half their hit dice, and energy resistance against acid, cold, fire, and electricity equal to their hit dice or 10 (whichever is less).

Skereloth Familiar: A 2nd-level daemonist gains a skereloth (Fiend Folio) as a familiar. If they already have a familiar, the skereloth devours it, but the character suffers no experience point loss. The skereloth is treated as a normal familiar, using the class level of the daemonist (plus all levels of classes that grant them the familiar class feature) to determine benefits.

Gray Magic (Ex): The ability to make power from nothing is key to the genesis of Yugoloths, and 3rd-level daemonists find a way to harness this technique. When casting a spell, the bonus to the spell DC based on spell level at least equal to the daemonist's HD / 2, rounded up.

See Invisibility (Sp): A 3rd-level daemonist can use see invisibility as a spell-like ability at will, with a caster level equal to his hit dice.

Desecrate (Sp): A 3rd-level daemonist can use desecrate as a spell-like ability at will, with a caster level equal to his hit dice.

Telepathy (Su): 4th-level daemonists can communicate telepathically with any creature within 100 ft that has a language.

Petitioner's Grasp (Su): The daemonist's visions of the Gray Waste begin to bleed into reality, allowing them to use magic to devastating effect. When the daemonist of at least 4th level casts a spell or makes an attack against an incorporeal creature, there is no longer a chance that the spell will fail to affect the target or that the attack will miss.

Gift of the Oinoloth (Ex): A level 5 daemonist is strong enough that the Yugoloth lords take interest in him. His damage reduction from Yugoloth Resistance doubles, and he becomes immune to the effects of poison, disease, and acid damage.

Fiendish Theurgy (Sp): Power surges through the veins of daemonists who make it this far. At 6th and 9th levels, a daemonist chooses 1 spell on their Spells Known list. They forget the spell (and do not replace it), but may now use that spell as a spell-like ability at will, with a caster level equal to their hit dice.

Hellwalker (Su): An 8th level daemonist is strong enough to manipulate the magic that binds them to the Gray Waste. They do not become larva when they die; instead they are reincarnated as a Yugoloth with hit dice equal to their hit dice.

In addition, a daemonist can open a gate (travel version only) to Hades, and ignores the entrapping effects of planes such as Hades and Elysium. If the daemonist spends a week with allies in an entrapping plane, those allies may make 2 rolls to avoid entrapment and take the higher result.

Elder Petitioner (Su): At the peak of their power, a daemonist is a force to be reckoned with. Their type becomes Outsider (Yugoloth), with an (Augmented) subtype based on their original race. Despite being an outsider, they are still resurrected upon death.

The daemonist is also capable of being almost like a petitioner. They can become incorporeal as an immediate action. Using this ability leaves them stunned for 1 round and staggered for 1 minute after. They may dismiss their incorporeality as a full-round action.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-03-14 at 06:41 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Orc in the Playground

R 1008

Requesting the Fiendbinder prestige class (Tome of Magic, P.221) To be made into a base class. The only real request I have for it is to keep all of it's original features, adding new features is welcome, but not at all necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Well, I'm firmly convinced that gelatinous cubes simply hold static in one point and force the world to move around them to their mobility desires.
    Awesome G.Cube avatar by Savannah!

Please forgive any spelling or grammar mistakes I may make, it is quite difficult to type with a pseudopod.

23. - Top - End - #1133

C997 Perfect. Thank you
    Last edited by CaDzilla; 2014-01-30 at 04:19 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1134

R1009
    A spellcaster that uses drow sign language as verbal components and dexterity as its casting stat
    R1010
    A Vasharan baby-eater
    Last edited by CaDzilla; 2014-01-31 at 06:44 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

H1001: Dire Fishing Spider
    Tiny Vermin
    Hit Dice:
    4d8 + 12 (30 hp)
    Initiative: +8
    Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares), Climb 25 ft.
    Armor Class: 18 (+4 dexterity +4 natural +1 size), touch 15, flat footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3 / -1
    Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d8 and poison)
    Full Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d8 and poison)
    Space/Reach: 2 ½ ft / 0 ft
    Special Attacks: Grab On, Poison
    Special Qualities: Leap, Racial Skills, Water Walker
    Saves: Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +1
    Abilities: Str 10, Dex 19, Con 16, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 2
    Skills: Hide +11 (+15), Move Silently +11 (+15)
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse
    Environment: Dark places with water
    Organization: Solitary, Packs (2-4)
    Challenge Rating: 3
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always true neutral
    Advancement: 5-8 HD (Small)
    Level Adjustment:

Dire fishing spiders hunt in packs, despite the territorial aspects of their predecessors. They cling to walls or banks and leave their legs in the water, allowing them to sense vibrations in the water surface. This long-distance detection allows them to detect and avoid or prepare for incoming creatures. Dire fishing spiders are almost never caught off-guard.

Combat
    When dire fishing spiders decide to attack creatures that they detect with Water Walker, they hide and lie in waiting. If the prey travels in groups, the spiders will wait until they see the weakest target, and then try to attack from behind.

Grab On (Ex): Dire fishing spiders are adept at hunting creatures of all sizes, and their tactics are demonstrate this. A dire fishing spider can make a Grab On attack against a tiny or larger foe as an attack action. The action requires a touch attack—success allows the spider to grab their opponent but they deal no damage. Once a spider has grabbed their opponent, it is considered grappling (but the target is not).

At the beginning of the grabbed creature’s turn, they can make an opposed roll of d20 + BAB + Dexterity modifier to throw off a dire fishing spider that has grabbed them. The spider gains a +4 racial bonus on this roll (for a total bonus of +11). If the creature ties or beats the spider, the spider falls in a space the creature occupies and is no longer grabbed on. If the creature rolls lower than the spider, they must spend avoid getting bitten as a standard action or provoke an attack of opportunity from the dire fishing spider.

Poison (Ex): The dire fishing spider has a poisonous bite. Foes affected by the poison must have a fortitude save (DC 15) or become staggered for 1 round. If a foe is staggered and fail their save, they are paralyzed for 1d6 rounds. If a foe is paralyzed and fails their save, they fall comatose for 1d6 hours.

Leap (Ex): As a swift action, a dire fishing spider can jump 10 feet forward. They can leap off any surface they can walk on, and they do not provoke attacks of opportunity for this movement.

Water Walker (Ex): Dire fishing spiders’ bodies distribute their weight in such a way that they can walk on water at their normal movement speed. In addition, their legs are finely tuned to the motions of water around them and when they gain blindsense 200’ when they stand still on water.

Spoiler: Thoughts
    Show
    The dire fishing spider is basically a SoD melee assassin. They have good perception when standing still, and high initiative, so they get the jump on people usually. With a move -> leap -> grab on combo, they can travel 60 feet and ignore AoOs, and then latch on to the squishiest member of the party. Every round after that, they bite and try to get the 1d6r stun, after which point they leap to another foe and wash, rinse, repeat.

The power of dire spiders multiplies in groups. For an optimized party of level 7, 4 dire spiders in waist-deep water is about EL 8 and should provide a decent challenge. Each additional spider beyond the first is basically a free attack (and chance to stagger) a foe. The spiders don't have much HP, and they're flat-footed when they're grappling an enemy, so combat should probably end in the squishy character passing out while the rest of the party slaughters the spiders.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-01-30 at 05:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by G.Cube View Post
    R 1008

Requesting the Fiendbinder prestige class (Tome of Magic, P.221) To be made into a base class. The only real request I have for it is to keep all of it's original features, adding new features is welcome, but not at all necessary.

This thread has slowed down a bit lately, I've decided to give this a shot as my first brew! When I'm finished I'll come back and take some requests. Let's jump start this thread back up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Well, I'm firmly convinced that gelatinous cubes simply hold static in one point and force the world to move around them to their mobility desires.
    Awesome G.Cube avatar by Savannah!

Please forgive any spelling or grammar mistakes I may make, it is quite difficult to type with a pseudopod.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ogre in the Playground

H1002a: Bearded Hound

Medium Outsider (Extraplanar, Good, Evil, Lawful)
    Hit Dice: 6d8 + 12 (39 HP)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 40 ft (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 19 (+1 Dex, +8 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 18
    Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+8
    Attack: Greatsword +8 melee (2d6+3/19-20) or Bite +8 melee (1d8 + 3)
    Full Attack: Greatsword +8/+3 (2d6+3/19-20) and Bite +8 (1d8+1)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Menacing Frenzy
    Special Qualities: Spell-like abilities, damage reduction 10/good or evil, darkvision 60 ft., immune to poison and petrification, resistance to acid, cold, electricity, and fire 10, see in darkness, spell resistance 16, eyes of judgment
    Saves: Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +5
    Abilities Str 15, Dex 12, Con 15, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 11
    Skills: Climb +6, Concentration +11, Diplomacy +1, Hide +10, Jump +6, Listen +9, Move Silently +10, Sense Motive +9, Spot +9
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Ability Focus (Menacing Frenzy), Aura of Dedication**
    Environment: God knows where
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 4
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Usually lawful neutral
    Advancement: By character class
    Level Adjustment: +0

The offspring of a bearded devil and a hound archon, bearded hounds are a discordant mix of good and evil. They radiate strongly of both good and evil, and people give them a lot of crap for that. As a result, bearded hounds tend to stay away from civilization.

Combat

Menacing Frenzy (Ex): As a free action, a bearded hound that isn’t fatigued or exhausted can work itself into a frenzy of battle which lasts 1 round per hit die (6 rounds). While in a frenzy, the bearded hound gains +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, a +2 bonus to Will saves, and a -2 penalty to AC. In addition, any hostile creature within a 20-foot radius of a bearded hound must make a Will save (DC 17) if they can see him, or take a -2 penalty on attacks, AC, saves, and ability DCs until they exit the area of effect or successfully deal damage to the bearded hound (after DR). A creature that makes the save or deals damage to the bearded hound is immune to the effects of that hound's menacing frenzy for 24 hours. A bearded hound may prematurely end its menacing frenzy as a free action. After a frenzy ends, a hound is fatigued for the remaining duration of the encounter.

The DC for this ability is Charisma-based, and includes a +2 racial bonus and the bonus from ability focus.

Spell-like Abilities (Sp): A bearded hound can use greater teleport at will, as the spell (caster level equal to twice hit dice, 12) except it can only transport itself and 50 pounds of objects. In addition, a bearded hound can use continual flame at will (caster level equal to hit dice, 6), but only 1 flame may exist from this effect at a time.

See in Darkness (Su): Bearded hounds inherited this ability from their devil ancestors. They can see perfectly in darkness of any kind, even that created by a deeper darkness spell.

Eyes of Judgment (Su): A bearded hound is at all times considered to be under the benefit of detect evil, detect good, and tongues.

**H1002b: Aura of Dedication
    You are devoted to your cause, and that devotion manifests as magic energy that breaks things.
    Prerequisite: Lawful good or lawful evil alignment, Hide or Spot 9 ranks
    Benefit: As a swift action, you radiate energy in all adjacent squares to you, so that all hostile creatures treat it as difficult terrain.

In addition, if you are evil or have the evil alignment subtype you may radiate darkness (akin to a deeper darkness spell) and if you are good or have the good alignment subtype you may radiate light (akin to a daylight spell) and deal an addition 3 light damage per 2 HD to hostile creatures. These effects also occur in all adjacent squares to you.

Spoiler: Thoughts on Design
    Show
    The bearded devil is designed as a teleport bruiser. They frenzy, then teleport into the squishiest member of the party and wail on them. On the other hand, the hound archon looks made to tank, since they get better DR and a debuff aura. So when I combined the two, I went for light tank who jumps on squishies and defends himself with his aura.

This guy has good damage output with a greatsword and his aura of light. If he wants, he can fight as a teleport assassin jacked up on fury and shrouded in darkness, or he can play as a bruiser with an aura of holy fire and anti-mook debuff. Remember that the darkness gives him total concealment (which turns off his menacing frenzy) and the light deals bonus damage at the start of each enemy's turn (meaning the first instance of damage is generally unavoidable).
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-02-03 at 11:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ogre in the Playground

C1002:

Perfect. Thank you.

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ettin in the Playground

R 1011

I would like the following Celestial and Fiendish Polymorph spells for Pathfinder: Form of the Celestial I, II, III..., Form of the Fiend I, II, III. They should be as powerful as the Form of the Dragon line.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

Things I'm skipping
    C 1004 and C 1005, as I do not know the rules for epic D&D or Pathfinder (respectively)

C1003a: Mirror Golem/Elemental
    Having chewed on this for a while, I can't say I can comfortably write up a mirror quasielemental or mirror golem without making a really frustrating monster or totally ignoring the normal traits of elementals and golems. I'm going to tackle (b) instead.

C1003c: Elder Mirror Brains
    I don't have a damn clue.

H1003c.1: Half-Nerra
    "The plans my ancestors have enacted are millions of years old. I am only a pawn to the nerra, and you are only a nuisance."

"Half-nerra" is an inherited template that can be added to any living, corporeal creature with an Intelligence score of 4 or higher of any neutral alignment (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

A half-nerra uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Size and Type: The creature’s type changes to outsider. Do not recalculate the creature’s Hit Dice, base attack bonus, or saves. Size is unchanged. Half-nerra are normally native outsiders.

Speed: A half-nerra gains no differences in its speeds.

Armor Class: Natural armor improves by +1 (this stacks with any natural armor bonus the base creature has).

Special Attacks: A half-nerra retains all the special attacks of the base creature and also gains the following special abilities.

Mirror Jump (Su): Half-nerra can move through mirrored and reflective surfaces at will. This functions identically to the Mirror Jump ability possessed by all nerra (Fiend Folio, p.127).

Shard Spray (Su): Three times per day, a half-nerra can release a spray of mirrorlike shards from its hands that flay flesh and cause massive lacerations. The spray is a 30-foot cone, and it deals 1d6 damage per level of the half-nerra. In addition, a wound resulting from the half-nerra's shard spray attack bleeds for an additional 1 point of damage per 2 HD of the half-nerra (round up) each round. The bleeding persists until stopped by a successful heal check (DC 10) or the application of any cure or healing spell (heal, healing circle, or the like).

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): A half-nerra with an Intelligence or Wisdom score of 8 or higher has two or more spell-like abilities, depending on its Hit Dice, as indicated on the table below. The abilities are cumulative unless listed multiple times, and the save DC is Charisma-based.

{table]HD|Abilities
    1-2|Mirror Image 1/day, Disguise Self 1/day
    3-4|Mirror Image 3/day, Disguise Self 3/day
    5-6|False Vision 3/day
    7-8|Disguise Self at-will
    9-10|Mirror Image at-will
    11-12|Mislead 3/day
    13-14 |False Vision at-will
    [/table]

Special Qualities: A half-nerra has all the special qualities of the base creature, plus the following special qualities:
    • Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    • Immunity to disease.
    • Resistance to fire 10, cold 10, and electricity 10.
    • Sonic vulnerability
    • A half-nerra's natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
    • Spell resistance equal to creature’s HD + 14.
    • Reflective Spell Resistance (Sp): As the nerra ability of the same name.
    • Exotic Weapon Proficiency with any shard weapon as a bonus feat.

Abilities
    Increase from the base creature as follows: Str +2, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +0, Wis +4, Cha +4.

Skills
    A half-nerra gains skill points as an outsider and has skill points equal to (8 + Int modifier) × (HD +3). Do not include Hit Dice from class levels in this calculation—the half-nerra gains outsider skill points only for its racial Hit Dice, and gains the normal amount of skill points for its class levels. Treat skills from the base creature’s list as class skills, and other skills as cross-class.

Challenge Rating
    HD 5 or less, as base creature +1; HD 6 to 10, as base creature +2; HD 11 or more, as base creature +3.

Alignment
    Always neutral (any).

Level Adjustment
    Same as base creature +2.

Spoiler: Notes
    Show
    LA +4 is terrible for the stuff that the half-celestial and half-fiend templates give you, so when I copypasted their formatting and balance levels, I also knocked down the LA on this guy. I suggest doing the same for any other half-whatevers you find or write. Half-nerra also don't get any SLAs after level 13 (which is when enemies start having true seeing), so the LA gets bumped down another notch. If enemies aren't optimized, this is probably worth +3, but only in the long run.

The half-nerra has decent travel and anti-divination abilities, and contributes in straight fights by acting as a magitank. The SR is 10% higher than level-appropriate (which would be ECL + 10 or HD + 12) and the spell reflectivity means casters never ever want to use SoDs on these guys. However, the mirror image at-will means melee is also going to have a problem with them, so the nerra are kind of trading flat stats (BAB, saves, HP) for giving controllers the middle finger. True Seeing really shuts them down really hard, and the classic no-SR spells (solid fog and black tentacles) kill them too. Clever nerras that aren't on their home plane should carry some mirrors around and throw them before the fight starts.

H1003c.2: Jaanis
    "Light reflects off him like a polished shield. It's the strangest thing."

Jaanis characters possess the following racial traits:
    • Attributes: +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma.
    • Medium Outsider (Native)
    • An jaanis' base land speed is 30 feet.
    • Darkvision: Jaanis can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
    • Racial Feats: A jaanis gains exotic weapon proficiency with one shard weapon of its choice.
    • Disguise Self (Sp): Once per day, a jaanis can use disguise self (as the spell) with a caster level equal to its hit dice.
    • Resistances: Fire 5, cold 5, and electricity 5.
    • Automatic Languages: Common, Nerra. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Auran, Aquan, Celestial, Ignan, Infernal, Terran,
    • Favored Class: Rogue.
    • Level adjustment: +1.

These can be made into lesser planetouched if aasimar can.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-02-04 at 12:55 AM.