New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

C 1012
    Don't think you're off the hook yet, my friend! I have more questions:
    • Which books can/should I use? The spell list of a death aspect druid is a lot more dependent on sourcebooks than most other classes. Of particular importance are Complete Divine, Spell Compendium, and maybe Sandstorm. The fewer sourcebooks are allowed, the more power gets funneled into the rest of the druid class features.
    • Druid casting allows them to be good with attack spells and battlefield control (BFC). Restricting the spell list to "I kill you" spells means they lose a lot of BFC options, which is a big deal. I can do one of the following to deal with this:
      1. Write in some class features that allow the druid to use BFC options.
      2. Keep BFC spells, but add footnotes for reflavoring purposes.
      3. Buff up the attack spell options in lieu of the lost flexibility.
      4. Let it go, and accept the lower-power druid.
    • A lot of the druid's utility (reincarnation, animal messenger, basically all their divination) doesn't fit the "I kill you" theme. I can keep these utility spells, or I can write in a few more class features. Your choice.
    • I kind of want to give the druid spontaneous casting (like a beguiler, but without the spell's known delay). If you don't like that, tell me now!
    • Spell Themes. Comment which you believe to be inappropriate:
      • Poison/Disease
      • Things involving ferocity (e.g. snake's swiftness, animal buffs)
      • Rust/Rot spells
      • Stronger, angry summons
      • Insects/Swarms?
      • Elemental attack magic
      • Anything that reduces healing
      • Anti-buff spells (see invisibility, dispel magic)
    Alright, now we're talking. I don't mind using any spell books, as long as you let me know where it is in advance, so I can print it out. And of course, feel free to make up anything you want, spells, class features, you name it.

I basically want this class to be the Big Bad at the end of one quest, and then a whole campaign having the PCs wiping out the Entropic druids.

I'm perfectly happy with BFC spells, like 'zone of rust/rot' would be great. The more reflavoring, the better. I feel like very few of the current druid spells would work for this build. For example, we can have something like entangle, but instead of roots/vines growing from the ground... something else. (This is why I need help. I'm fine with keeping many of the same spells in effect, but I'm terrible at reflavoring). I think anything that doesn't have to do with entropy/death/whatever else you feel is fitting should go (Trackless step, resist nature's lure, etc.) and should instead be replaced by something more appropriate.
    I am a big fan of spontaneous casting (as the perennial DM, it's basically what I do anyway; balancing is always nice), so go for it. I prefer the beguiler's kind (where you know all spells available TO know) rather than sorcerer (where you have to choose which spells to know).

All of those things sound like they'd make an awesome build, but for some reason I don't like the buffs. I mean, I want these druids to be all about the dark side of nature, and 'survival of the fittest' is definitely a theme, but... Hm. Maybe Bite of the [Insert evil animal here] buffs are nice, but I feel Cat's Grace would be a little out of place.
    Thanks so much, man.[/QUOTE]

Trees: The greatest weapon in 3.5
    Avatar by the amazingly talented and generous Smuchmuch

Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the art of war would read "Full casters or GTFO".

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

R1016
    Who read Deltora Quest? Cos i would LOVE to use a Vraal on my players
    I Am A:Neutral Good Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

C 1012

Nearly done with the class; events this week have thrown back my schedule, but the broad strokes of design are done. If it's for a Big Bad, then you'll definitely appreciate the final design, which just reeks of bad news.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    C 1012

Nearly done with the class; events this week have thrown back my schedule, but the broad strokes of design are done. If it's for a Big Bad, then you'll definitely appreciate the final design, which just reeks of bad news.
    Sweet bro, looking forward. I plan to delay this particular campaign anyway, thanks.

Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the art of war would read "Full casters or GTFO".

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ogre in the Playground

H 1009: Deep Mage
    "What has eight eyes and controls a legion of xenophobic cultists?"

Prerequisites:
    • Able to use a 2nd-level [Light] evocation at least once per day (can be a spell-like ability, spell, invocation, etc.)
    • Able to use a 2nd-level [Darkness] evocation at least once per day (can be a spell-like ability, spell, invocation, etc.)
    • Silent Spell
    • Must have lived in the underdark and made contact (friendly or otherwise) with creatures who serve Lolth

HD: d6
    BAB: 1/2
    Good Saves: Reflex
    Skills: As the monk

{table]Level|Special|Spellcasting
    1|Deep magic, speak language|+1 level of existing spellcasting class
    2|Sign casting|-
    3||+1 level of existing spellcasting class
    4|Spider familiar|+1 level of existing spellcasting class
    5||+1 level of existing spellcasting class
    6|Deep magic, improved sign casting|+1 level of existing spellcasting class
    7||+1 level of existing spellcasting class
    8|Spell Resistance|+1 level of existing spellcasting class
    9||+1 level of existing spellcasting class
    10|Deep magic, expert sign casting|+1 level of existing spellcasting class
    [/table]

Deep Magic (Sp): At level 1, you gain the [Light] and [Dark] evocation effects that you used as prerequisites for this class as spell-like abilities usable once per day with a caster level equal to your hit dice. If they are already spell-like abilities, you gain an additional daily use of them. You gain more daily uses of these abilities at levels 6 and 10.

Speak Language: You gain learn drow sign language at level 1, as if you had spent skill points to learn it through the speak language skill. If you already know drow sign language, you gain an additional skill point to spend this level.

Sign Casting (Ex): At level 2, you can use drown sign language to substitute to the verbal components of your spells. When you cast a spell, you substitute the verbal components for gestures using drow sign language, which obviates the need for verbal components. Effectively all eligible spells are treated as though under the effects of the Silent Spell feat.

You can only use this ability on spells 2 levels lower than the maximum you can cast. At level 6, you can use this on spells 1 level lower than the maximum you can cast. At level 10, you can use this on all spells you can cast. Sign casting applies to all spells you cast, not just the ones advanced by deep mage.

In addition, you can forgo the above benefit for an eligible spell to increase that spell's save DC by your dexterity modifier. However, the bonus provided by your dexterity modifier + the spell level cannot exceed 1/2 your hit dice.

Spider familiar: At level 4, you gain a small monstrous spider as a familiar. If you already have a familiar, the spider eats it, but the you suffer no experience point loss. The monstrous spider is treated as a normal familiar, using your deep mage level (plus all levels of classes that grant them the familiar class feature) to determine benefits.

Feats that grant different kinds of familiars (such as Improved Familiar) cannot change your familiar to anything except a monstrous spider. If you have any feats that grant you different kinds of familiars, you may choose feats to replace them. If you have another prestige class feature which grants a superior familiar (such as demonologist), you gain both familiars simultaneously.

Spell Resistance (Ex): You gain spell resistance equal to 10 + your hit dice, except when you use a standard action to reduce your spell resistance, it remains lowered until you use another standard action to raise it back to the default. If you already have spell resistance from a source, pick the higher one and increase it by 2, but its still subject to the restriction above.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-02-17 at 03:32 AM.
    All work I do is CC-BY-SA. Copy it wherever you want as long as you credit me.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

H 1016a: Lamia Monster Class
    "And shall I see thee made a serpent's prey?"

Your level in lamia must be your first class level, because it rewrites your race.

HD: d10
    BAB: 3/4
    Saves: Good Fort/Ref
    Skills: As the ranger

{table]Level|Special|Attributes|Spell-Like Abilities
    1|Lamia Body|-|Ventriloquism
    2|Bonus feat|+2 Str|Disguise self
    3|Maturity, Wisdom drain (1)|+2 Wis|Mirror image
    4|Clever magic|+2 Int|Major Image, Suggestion
    5|Large|+2 Cha|Charm monster
    6|Adulthood, Wisdom drain (1d4)|+2 Dex|Deep slumber[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Lamias are proficient with simple weapons.

Lamia Body: Lamias do not get to choose their race, because they are lamias. They gain the following racial traits (these are noticeably more powerful, because they also double as class features):
    • Attributes: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom.
    • Medium (Long): Lamias have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size. They are extra stable (as quadrupeds) for the purposes of combat maneuvers, carrying capacity, benefits of size, and athletics.
    • Magical Beast: Lamias are magical beasts, so effects such as charm person do not affect them.
    • Lamia base land speed is 30 feet.
    • Vision: Lamias have Darkvision out to 60 feet, and low-light vision.
    • Ancestry: Lamias come in two different kinds. Upon character creation, choose one of the following features, which affects the lamia's lower body:
      • Pride: Lower body of a lion, +10 ft. to move speed.
      • Secrecy: Lower body of a snake, gain a 20 ft. climb speed.
    • Claws: Lamias gain a single claw attack, which deals (1d4 + 1 1/2 Strength) slashing damage for a medium creature.
    • Natural Armor: Lamias gain a natural armor bonus equal to 3 + 1/2 their hit dice.
    • Skills: Lamias gain a +2 racial bonus on bluff and hide checks.
    • Juvenile: Lamias cannot take levels in any class other than lamia. They do not have a favored class.

Racial Spell-like Abilities (Sp): Lamias gain a set of innate spell-like abilities each level, which they may use once per day. The innate connection lamias have their abilities is stronger than those of most magic practitioners, so they use these spell-like abilities as a sorcerer whose level is equal to their hit dice + 1.

The save DC for each spell-like ability is 10 + 1/2 HD + Charisma modifier.

Bonus Feat: At level 2, a lamia gains a fighter bonus feat for which they qualify.

Maturity: A 3rd-level, a lamia is developed enough to branch off into new activities. Lamias of this level are no longer requires to take levels in lamia, and their favored class becomes Any.

In addition, level 3 lamias gain a second claw attack, their caster level for racial spell-like abilities is increased by 2, and they double their racial bonuses to hide and bluff.

Wisdom Drain (Su): Also at level 3, lamias gain a wisdom-draining touch. As an attack action, a lamia can make a touch attack that deals 1 wisdom damage.

At level 6, this touch attack drains the target of 1d4 wisdom instead. The lamia does not heal or gain temporary HP from the drain as most creatures do.

Clever Magic: Level 4 lamias understand how to make their magic efficient. If they have at least 1 more lamia level than necessary to use a racial spell-like ability, they can use that ability 3/day instead of 1/day. If they have at least 4 more lamia levels than necessary to use a racial spell-like ability, they can use that spell-like ability at will.

Large: A 5th-level lamia's size increases to large, but they gain half the attribute bonuses, and do not change their dexterity or natural armor.

Adulthood: Level 6 lamias have taken their final level in the lamia racial class. For the purposes of Maturity, their lamia level is equal to their hit dice. In addition, the drain from Wisdom Drain increases by 1 every 3 hit dice beyond their 6th (1d4 + 1 at 9 HD, 1d4 + 2 at 12 HD, etc).
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-02-17 at 04:31 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    My distractions are settling down, so I can devote the time necessary to make stuff again. Response-worthy stuff:

C 1003
    I thought I posted a sample monster, but the same Wi-Fi that killed my post last time killed this one, and I never bothered to check. I've also realized the monster was kind of crap, so I'll do this with your input. Pick one of the three (and feel free to suggest/add things, I'm just throwing out concepts), I'll make it, and you can put the other two in the queue if you like them.
    • Tag-team mirror monsters that act on the same initiative, mirror each other's actions, and share HP/status conditions.
    • Crazy mirror-replicators with mirror cloning shenanigans. Can make copies and go totally out of control, but all the copies die if you kill the original.
    • Light-abusing bruiser. Strong against attackers with dazzle/blind aura, strong against mages with unconventional immunities. It can hit really hard if it focuses 1 target for multiple turns, but gets taunted and distracted easily.

C 1009
    I probably should have asked. Questions:
    • What level of entry?
    • Should it have lots of drow flavor, despite allowing non-drow?
    • (If it doesn't have drow flavor) would you be OK with me removing the DSL part entirely, and making a signer of some kind?
    • Gish class or no?
    • Any type of spell focus?

R 1012
    In case afro doesn't get to this, I can wait to provide a backup. I'm thinking of a druid ACF (that way you can do it from level 1) that restricts spell list, and in exchange replaces all the nature-y abilities with stronger ones that involve killing things. That cool by you?

C 1015
    Base classes are outside the scope of the Request-a-Homebrew thread, but I'm willing to write the first 5-10 levels of the class for you. Here are questions and things for you to respond to:
    • Forcing players to spend invocations on weapon shapes instead of cool invocations is bad design, so I'd rather write a list of weapons they can use (6-100: blast, bow, thrown weapon, sky lightning, glaive, claw, sword, whip/chain)
    • Do you want this to advance powers and/or invocations?
    • Do you have a preferred style of combat for characters of this class? (negating attacks, assassinations, switching between weapons in combat, etc)
    • Certain class features you want to see included?
    • Any prestige classes you want to take this into?

Feel free to answer as many of these as you'd like, I will take creative liberties otherwise.
    C1013

Oh, sorry. Guess I should have read a bit more thoroughly.
    *The idea was that you could apply former blast shapes to the weapon, which you would have taken anyway on a Warlock, but changing it into weapons with similar abilities works too.
    *Perhaps advance psychic strike and invocations at a slower rate?
    *Seems like a mystic rogue sort of thing would work best, and if the weapons-as-shapes thing turns out then switching seems natural

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Halfling in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

C1004

I've been skipped over so I am commenting in order for the request not to be lost. Anyone with an epic progression for the 10 lvl version of the Occult slayer. It can be found here.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201012200...ult_slayer.htm

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ogre in the Playground

C 1015
    My problem with that is that there is no blast shape called "eldritch knife" or "eldritch bow", so just giving the warlock/soulknife (warsoul?) the current blast shapes prevents him from using other weapons, like longswords, knives, bows, lightning, whips, etc. Were you thinking of including those with the class, or am I missing something?

I'm thinking of a character that can either build knightly (tanky and slow) or roguely (powerful and fast), and accomplishes those things by switching between a large arsenal of soul-like weapons. They also get some invocations for utility outside of combat, so they can cast some illusions and maybe raise zombies. How does that sound?

C 1016b
    Do you want sourcebooks for this? I'm thinking of using the [Luck] feats from Complete Scoundrel, but if you'd rather not deal with another sourcebook (he's a new player, so that could be a pain) then I'll just write it up as a simple base class.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-02-18 at 04:26 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

C 1016b
    Do you want sourcebooks for this? I'm thinking of using the [Luck] feats from Complete Scoundrel, but if you'd rather not deal with another sourcebook (he's a new player, so that could be a pain) then I'll just write it up as a simple base class.
    I can work with just about any scource books, as long as the ideals in the class are simple. So Luck feats and simple Maneuvers are easy enough, but something like prepared casting or a binding would be something I don't want to deal with atm.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ogre in the Playground

I went for base class, riffing strongly off the jester. This class should have a pretty low optimization floor. If you pick up throwing cards with the exotic weapon proficiency, you can go full twisted fate.

AP twisted fate should focus on higher save DCs (increase intelligence, get ability focus and spell focus) and AD twisted fate should focus on more on strong attacks (increase dexterity, get rapid shot and ranged weapon mastery). Both like to boost sneak attack damage, balance checks, and they will totally need Precise Shot.

H 1016b: The Mystical Gambler
    "Never lost a fair game. Never played one either."

HD: d6
    Skill Points: 6 + Intelligence modifier (x4 at 1st level)
    Skills: Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis) Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha).

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|0th|1st|2nd|3rd|4t h|5th|6th
    1st|+0|+0|+2|+2|At 20 Paces, Ignore Components, Pick a Card|2|—|—|—|—|—|—
    2nd|+1|+0|+3|+3|Evasion|3|0|—|—|—|—|—
    3rd|+2|+1|+3|+3|Sneak Attack +1d6, Power Slide|3|1|—|—|—|—|—
    4th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Battle Weaving|3|2|0|—|—|—|—
    5th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Wild Cards|3|3|1|—|—|—|—
    6th|+4|+2|+5|+5|Sneak Attack +2d6|3|3|2|—|—|—|—
    7th|+5|+2|+5|+5|Loaded Dice +1|3|3|2|0|—|—|—
    8th|+6/+1|+2|+6|+6|Improved Evasion|3|3|3|1|—|—|—
    9th|+6/+1|+3|+6|+6|Sneak Attack +3d6|3|3|3|2|—|—|—
    10th|+7/+2|+3|+7|+7|Destiny|3|3|3|2|0|—|—
    11th|+8/+3|+3|+7|+7|Sneak Attack +4d6|3|3|3|3|1|—|—
    12th|+9/+4|+4|+8|+8|Piercing Magic|3|3|3|3|2|—|—
    13th|+9/+4|+4|+8|+8| Loaded Dice +2, Sneak Attack +5d6|3|3|3|3|2|0|—
    14th|+10/+5|+4|+9|+9|Seal Fate|4|3|3|3|3|1|—
    15th|+11/+6/+1|+5|+9|+9|Sneak Attack +6d6|4|4|3|3|3|2|—
    16th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+10|Gate|4|4|4|3|3|2|0
    17th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+10|Sneak Attack +7d6|4|4|4|4|3|3|1
    18th|+13/+8/+3|+6|+11|+11|Last Trick, Loaded Dice +3|4|4|4|4|4|3|2
    19th|+14/+9/+4|+6|+11|+11|Sneak Attack +8d6|4|4|4|4|4|4|3
    20th|+15/+10/+5|+6|+12|+12|Gamble with Gods|4|4|4|4|4|4|4[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A mystical gambler is proficient with simple weapons, light armor, and one exotic or martial weapon of his choice.

Spells: A mystical gambler is an Arcane Spellcaster with the same spells per day progression as a bard. A mystical gambler automatically knows every spell on his spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing them ahead of time, provided that spell slots of an appropriate level are still available. To cast a mystical gambler spell, he must have a Charisma at least equal to 10 + the spell level. The DC of the mystical gambler's spells is 10 + the spell level + the mystical gambler's Charisma modifier and the bonus spells are Charisma based. Mystical gamblers choose their spells from the following list (all spells are in the Player's Handbook unless otherwise noted):

0th — Alarm, Detect Magic, Secret Doors
    1st — Feather Fall, Identify, True Strike
    2nd — Blur, Dimension Hop (PHB II), See Invisibility
    3rd — Blink, Hold Monster, Locate Creature
    4th — Dimension Door, Freedom of Movement, Scrying
    5th — Shadow Walk, True Seeing, Prying Eyes
    6th — Foresight, Greater Teleport, Temporal Stasis

Mystical gamblers do not incur arcane spell failure when casting spells in armor with which they are proficient. Keep in mind the official ruling that initiating a combat with a (Teleportation) effect does not give you a surprise round.

At 20 Paces (Ex): Any ranged attack a mystical gambler makes has a range increment of 30 feet or his weapon's range increment, whichever is higher.

Ignore Components: A mystical gambler may cast spells from the mystical gambler list without using material components, regardless of whether they are costly or not. This has no effect on any spells that a mystical gambler casts from any other spell-list, or on spells he adds to his list (such as with the feat Extra Spell).

Pick a Card (Sp): A mystical gambler's bread and butter is his reliance on luck. As a swift action, roll a d4 and consult the following list. Based on the result, the first attack a mystical gambler makes that turn is treated as a sneak attack and has a bonus effect as listed below. All save DCs for this ability are 10 + 1/2 mystical gambler level + Charisma modifier.

1 — Deals bonus damage equal to twice the mystical gambler's level. The target must make a will save, or else the next spell that a mystical gambler casts does not use a spell slot.
    2 — Deals bonus damage equal to the mystical gambler's level, and all creatures within 10 feet of the attack target take the same damage and have their movement speed halved for 1 round. A successful reflex save halves the damage and negates the speed reduction effect. The attack target does not take the damage twice, but gets no save against the movement reduction.
    3 — The target must make a fortitude save or be stunned for 1 round.
    4 — Mystical gambler's choice.

In addition, a mystical gambler can take 10 on sleight of hand and bluff checks regardless of his situation.

Evasion (Ex): At 2nd level, a mystical gambler can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If he makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. A helpless mystical gambler does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Power Slide (Ex): If a 3rd level mystical gambler takes damage from an attack, he may allow himself to be flung backwards, thereby lessening the impact. He may make a Balance check with a DC equal to the damage inflicted and, if he succeeds, he suffers only half damage. This is a skill check, not a Saving Throw, so abilities such as Evasion do not apply. He is moved away from the source of damage by 5' for every 5 points of damage (or part there of) negated in this way. If there is not enough space for him to move, he suffers a d6 of damage for each square not moved. If he passes through an occupied square, the mystical gambler has to make a tumble check to avoid attacks of opportunity.

If this ability is gained from another class, the mystical gambler may choose to increase or decrease the total distance moved by 50% (so a Power Slide that negated 12 points of damage can cause him to move 5’, 10’, or 15’ at his choice).

Battle Weaving (Ex): If a level 4 mystical gambler moves at least his speed or makes an attack this turn, he can cast a spell he knows as a move-equivalent action.

Wild Cards (Sp): At level 5, a mystical gambler can infuse his attacks with magic, unleashing a barrage of damage on his foes. As a standard action, he can choose a 5' line from his person out to medium range, and all creatures in that line must make a reflex save or take 1d6 slashing damage per mystical gambler level as he bombards them a stream of magical weaponry.

A mystical gambler can shoot one of these lines per spell level he can cast (3 at level 5, 4 at level 7, 5 at level 10, etc.). Overlapping

Loaded Dice: At level 7, the DCs of a mystical gambler's spells increase by 1. They increase again at levels 13 and 18.

Improved Evasion: At level 8, a mystical gambler's Evasion ability improves such that if he fails an applicable save, he instead takes only half damage.

Destiny: When a level 10 mystical gambler casts a spell that would include a single creature as a target, he instead can target up to 1 creature per level of spells he can cast (5 at level 10, 6 at level 13, 7 at level 16).

Piercing Magic: A level 12 mystical gambler's spells break magical defenses much more easily than most. He gains a +10 bonus on caster level checks to defeat spell resistance, and enemies immune to his spells are instead treated as having Spell Resistance 20 + their hit dice.

Seal Fate (Sp): A level 14 mystical gambler can make a single ranged attack with their wielded weapon as a standard action. A successful hit is treated as a sneak attack and prevents the target from using spells or spell-like abilities for 1 round.

Gate: At level 16, if a mystical gambler uses a (Teleportation) effect to initiate a combat, he gets a surprise round.

Last Trick (Su): At level 18, a mystical gambler has a trick up his sleeve even when he's about to die. Any time he is killed or knocked unconscious, one of his spells known is cast as if it were spell in a contingency effect.

Gamble with Gods (Su): At 20th level, a mystical gambler doesn't need preparation to win his games. The first time he rolls a d20 each round, he can roll two and take the higher result.

Bonus Content: Throwing Cards
    Credit to Eiji-kun's throwing cards for inspiration.

Exotic Light Weapon
    Cost: 1gp (pack of 50)
    Damage (Small): 1d3
    Damage (Medium): 1d4
    Critical: 18-20/x2
    Range Increment: 10'
    Weight: —
    Type: Slashing

Appearing as simple playing cards, throwing cards are composed of a particularly stiff paper with the edges sharpened to razor thin blades. Even with its superior construction, it is still simply paper and it requires an expert hand to effectively toss these low-damage projectiles. A throwing card can’t be used as a melee weapon.

Because they look so mundane, throwing cards are not often seen as weapons, allowing crafty assassins and scoundrels to sneak in the deadly devices. Others must succeed on a DC 20 Spot or Search check to realize something is amiss. In addition, anyone proficient with throwing cards counts as possessing the Point Blank Shot feat while wielding them.

Although they are thrown weapons, throwing cards are treated as ammunition for the purposes of drawing them, crafting masterwork or otherwise special versions of them, and what happens to them after they are thrown.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-02-24 at 11:40 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ettin in the Playground

R 1011
    (Repost)
    I would like the following Celestial and Fiendish Polymorph spells for Pathfinder: Form of the Celestial I, II, III..., Form of the Fiend I, II, III. They should be as powerful as the Form of the Dragon line.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

R1017

Hi, i'm searching for a permanent ritual between a mage-type and a warrior-type
    of lvl 10 (capstone of the campaign) which would give something along those lines :

Cons :
    -Must stay within 1km of each other, or die after 10 days
    -If one dies, so does the other
    - ?

Pros :
    -unlimited telepathy with the other ?
    - ?

Needs to feel unique enough that you would risk your life for it, yet not OP so that the choice still weights on your conscience..
    Last edited by Nolthestranger; 2014-02-24 at 07:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Titan in the Playground

C 1017

I've seen things like that. Usually there's increasing penalties (to pretty much everything - saves, skills, ability checks) for distance past a limit, and past the outermost limit is incapacitation, not no-save instant death.

Might offer bonuses for being within 100' or so, similarly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #1185

H 1017

Pact of Two Souls

The Pact of Two Souls is a ritual performed by two powerful beings, one strong of body, and one strong of mind. It creates an unbreakable, permanent bond between them.

Requirements

The Pact of Two Souls has two sets of requirements, at least one needs to be met by each participant and both requirements must be met by at least one participant.

Body Requirements
    Base Attack Bonus: +9
    Special: Any of the following; Str 15, Con 15, Dex 15

Mind Requirements
    Caster Level: 9th
    Special: Any of the following; Int 15, Wis 15, Cha 15

Benefits

The Pact of Two Souls allows communication between it's participants and allows them to benefit from each other's power. These abilities only function as long as the participants are within one mile of each other.

Telepathic Link (Ex): Each participant in the Ritual of has a telepathic link with the other. This telepathic link enables the participants to communicate through emotions, visuals, sounds, smells, and any other stimuli, when one participant takes damage the other automatically knows the severity of the damage. Even without communication one participant will have the same connection to a place or item that the other does.

Share Spell (Ex): Souls that have participated in the Pact of Two Souls have a close bond that allows the to share spells that would normally affect only one. Whenever a participant is the target of a spell or spell-like ability (including those with a range of Personal) she may chose to have the spell affect the other participant as well.

Two Soul Protection (Ex): Whenever one participant would take damage, the other participant may chose to split that damage causing each participant to instead take half that amount.

Costs

The Pact of Two Souls has several drawbacks and costs caused by the souls becoming close together.

Incense: The Pact of Two Souls requires specially prepared incenses worth at least 2000 gold peices

Time: The preparation and rituals required for the Pact require 8 hours of concentration to complete.

Separation: If the two participants of the Pact of Two Souls are further than one mile apart they immediately lose all benefits of the pact. Every 24 hours they spend more than one mile apart causes them to take a cumulative -1 penalty to every ability score, these penalties immediately end when the participants come within one mile of each other.

Death: If the participants are more than one mile away from each other for 10 consecutive days, they both die. Also if one participant dies, the other dies as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

C 1017

Thanks a lot for the quick response !
    Seems fine by me ; since spells and pain sharing are an aspect i had completly forgotten it'll definitely be a unique feature in my campaign !

One question though, about :

Quote Originally Posted by Courier6 View Post
    H 1017
    Two Soul Protection (Ex): Whenever one participant would take damage, the other participant may chose to split that damage causing each participant to instead take half that amount.
    Would damage mitigation apply ? immunities, Dr, Sr ?

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TrueJordan View Post
    R 1012
    So I'm trying to make a druid character, but instead of serving nature regularly like most druids, I'm trying to make one that serves the Dark Side of nature, the entropy and death oriented, and apathetic side. In essence I want the same druid powers (or at least wild shape) but a whole different list of spells.
    Preferably powered by the blood of those weaker than him ('Survival of the fittest')
    Problem is, I don't really know the game well enough to think of any spells that'd fit. All I can think of are the rusting/rotting spells, but those aren't nearly varied enough for my liking.
    So, any ideas?
    Also it'd be cool to replace his abilities completely, but I guess I can work on that on my own; shouldn't be too difficult.

EDIT: I feel like a prestige class might work... Hm.
    Not to be impatient or anything, but two people offered to help and it has been three weeks, so if anyone wants to take a crack at it...

18. - Top - End - #1188

C 1017

The damage mitigation of the person taking damage would apply, however the second person (the person spitting the damage) would not reduce the damage any further, so for example if ParticipantOne has DR 10/- and ParticipantTwo has DR 15/- then ParticipantOne takes 36 slashing damage, ParticipantTwo chooses to split the damage so ParticipantOne's DR applies reducing the damage to 26 before splitting it to 13 each, ParticipantTwo's DR does nothing.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ogre in the Playground

C 1012: Anti-druid (name WIP)
    If you have a better name, I'm all for it. Flavor-wise, I'm looking at embracing the themes of Scary Nature (tendriculous-like creature), Disease/Rot (blights, undead), and Entropy (mind control, disintegration).

As this is primarily designed for NPCs (and I'm lazy), I want to make character design relatively easy and independent of the druid class (stat array + base abilities + tactics). My goal is also to make all minions relatively similar for ease to DM use, so my current plan for the class is:
    • Write spells for the three categories. You get something like 1 spell per class level, and there are suggested spells for different flavors of NPC. Feats will boost DCs, casting speed, or grant quasi-metamagic effects.
    • Choose between animal companion or wildshape.
      • The animal companion is beefy and proxy-fights while the druid drops spells everywhere. Feats will modify it to plant, undead, or vermin and can give bonus stats.
      • The wildshape comes earlier than the druid's and isn't as dumpster-divey (more like shapechange). Feats will modify it to plant, undead, or vermin and can give bonus stats.
    • Plot-affecting SLAs are handed out every once in a while at later levels, allowing high-level NPCs to do things with the plot without breaking the rules or sacrificing combat effectiveness. Feats probably won't affect this.
    • Bonus feats are occasionally given out, to pay the feat taxes incurred by class features and remove dead levels for prospective PCs

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

R 1018 Figurine of power (brown bear)

I’m in need of a 3.5 figurine of power. The animal summoned should be a brown bear. I would like it to appear fully saddled and capable of being ridden or operating independently in a fight. I would also like it to be intelligent enough to understand common but unable to speak. The bear should be able to be summoned often but not indefinitely, so maybe a set amount of time per day or week. Also really need a fair price for the figuring itself as I’m completely unsure of what it should cost given the parameters. As a bit of a bonus if you want, come up with an interesting alternate mode of transportation for it as it’s meant to be mostly a mount, such as flight or earth glide.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Pixie in the Playground

R 1019

Hello guys, anybody has any idea how to do a class inspired from this final fantasy character? I would prefer the complete class (it's ok as base class or prestige), but any hint is well accepted.

Here the video
    Sorry, English isn't my first language ~♪

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Dwarf in the Playground

Browsey, I'm a big fan. Two thumbs up already and I haven't even seen it yet!
    (Though I'm a fan of the name 'Entropic/Atrophic Druid' Though apparently those aren't words...
    Last edited by TrueJordan; 2014-03-01 at 08:51 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

C1019:

Quote Originally Posted by Persychan View Post
    R 1019

Hello guys, anybody has any idea how to do a class inspired from this final fantasy character? I would prefer the complete class (it's ok as base class or prestige), but any hint is well accepted.

Here the video
    Dare I suggest: http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Swordmage
    "Bender knows love, and love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"- Bender Bending Rodriguez

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TrueJordan View Post
    Not to be impatient or anything, but two people offered to help and it has been three weeks, so if anyone wants to take a crack at it...
    Good work takes time (not to mention, life was not friendly for free time in the past while). I hope this satisfies:

H 1012 (Spoilered for size)

Spoiler
    Show
    The Revoker

Nature is a powerful and unpredictable force, generous and bountiful but capricious and easily provoked. Many are those who serve the lifegiving aspect of nature - druids and rangers, shamans and even clerics of nature deities. All are in tune with the force of life and growth, reaping the bounty that nature offers and working in concert with its living servants of this realm and the worlds beyond.

The darker side of nature is feared and shunned by most; its destructive powers of disaster, disease and starvation are seen as things to avoid and deny. Too many seek out manmade or magical solutions to stave off nature's grasp when the time comes to pay for the harvest, when disease comes to cull the herd and disaster appears to reclaim nature's realm. It is the role of druids to fight those who would befoul nature; for those who deny it, who flee from it, there is the revoker.

Revokers are loners by nature, who travel with others only in support of their alien goals. Fearsome and unsettling, these silent harbingers of nature's wrath walk the earth, bringing about the winter and the fallow year. Their tread is the marching drum of death, their mere presence a bell tolling the end of life for those who can hear it. Where the revoker goes, death and disaster follow, as he guides nature's wrath into realms where it has been carefully walled out and kept at bay.

Revokers take up with adventuring parties surprisingly often, considering their natures. Though they shun most social contact and prefer to abandon all relationships, revokers find it helpful to associate with the living if only to help anchor their priorities and keep them from falling into the path of a meaningless destroyer. Revokers also benefit from having allies who can guide them on a path to new areas in need of the revoker's touch and aid them in breaching and eliminating difficult targets who are experienced at challenging nature and repudiating its grasp time and time again.

Revokers are cold and relentless as a general rule, but not necessarily evil. No revoker is neutral good, however; a good-aligned revoker must have a cause or purpose to associate with in order to maintain objectivity and clarify his purpose for good aims. Evil revokers are far more common; only the very worst of these, however, let the desire to destroy and kill overtake their sense of duty, dark as it may be.

The Revoker
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|0th|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th|6th|7th|8th|9th

1st|
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Companion in silence, nature sense, trespass|3|1

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Withering step|4|2|-

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Revoke 1/day|4|2|1|-

4th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Afflicting aura 5 ft.|5|3|2|-|-

5th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Lifesense 15 ft.|5|3|2|1|-|-

6th|
    +4
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Ally in silence, revoke 2/day|5|3|3|2|-|-|-

7th|
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Improved revoke|6|4|3|2|1|-|-|-

8th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |Afflicting aura 10 ft., bleak reward|6|4|3|3|2|-|-|-|-|-

9th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |Revoke 3/day|6|4|4|3|2|1|-|-|-|-

10th|
    +7/+2
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Culling ray, lifesense 30 ft.|6|4|4|3|3|2|-|-|-|-

11th|
    +8/+3
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Grim visage|6|5|4|4|3|2|1|-|-|-

12th|
    +9/+4
    |
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |Afflicting aura 15 ft., revoke 4/day|6|5|4|4|3|3|2|-|-|-

13th|
    +9/+4
    |
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |Greater revoke|6|5|5|4|4|3|2|1|-|-

14th|
    +10/+5
    |
    +9
    |
    +4
    |
    +9
    |Freedom of movement|6|5|5|4|4|3|3|2|-|-

15th|
    +11/+6/+1
    |
    +9
    |
    +5
    |
    +9
    |Lifesense 45 ft., revoke 5/day|6|5|5|5|4|4|3|2|1|-

16th|
    +12/+7/+2
    |
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    |Afflicting aura 20 ft.|6|5|5|5|4|4|3|3|2|-

17th|
    +12/+7/+2
    |
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    |Bringer of disaster|6|5|5|5|5|4|4|3|2|1

18th|
    +13/+8/+3
    |
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +11
    |Revoke 6/day|6|5|5|5|5|4|4|3|3|2

19th|
    +14/+9/+4
    |
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +11
    |Reaper|6|5|5|5|5|5|4|4|3|3

20th|
    +15/+10/+5
    |
    +12
    |
    +6
    |
    +12
    |Afflicting aura 25 ft., lifesense 60 ft.|6|5|5|5|5|5|4|4|4|4[/table]

Class Skills
    The revoker's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
    Skill Points at 1st Level: (2 + Int modifier) x4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armor Proficiency

As druid.

Spells

As druid. Revokers do not spontaneously cast any spells.

Oath of Silence

To maintain their impartiality and distance from life, revokers are encouraged to cease communicating with anyone except their companion in silence, to the best of their ability. A revoker is expected to speak at most 2d20 words per day, plus twice his class level. Speech in Aquan, Auran, Ignan or Terran directed towards his companion in silence does not count against this total. A revoker determines his limit each day and is aware of it ahead of time; going past the limit results in the immediate loss of a random slot from his highest-level spell slots remaining until he has rested; going more than ten words over the limit results in a loss of spellcasting privileges for the remainder of the day. If the revoker is subjected to a compulsion effect, any speech uttered during the effect's duration does not count provided it is not elective. Speech during a charm effect does count against the total.

Companion in Silence (Ex) A revoker begins play with a companion of sorts, a Small elemental which accompanies the revoker and may assist with certain tasks. This elemental will not enter combat on the revoker's behalf, rarely chooses to speak to the revoker directly, must be instructed in its own language (Aquan, Auran, Ignan or Terran) and can elect to depart from the revoker's presence for a short time (at most 1-3 days). A water elemental companion is capable of traveling away from the body of water in which it was first conjured, but must find a suitable water source or vessel in which to rest for at least 1 hour each day (a water elemental that cannot rest in this fashion is treated as though fatigued and sickened until rest can be obtained).

At 6th level, the revoker's commitment and sense of purpose have persuaded the elemental companion to ally with him. The elemental gains benefits as though it were an animal companion of a druid of the revoker's class level (minus the link and bonus tricks that an animal companion would receive), changing in size in accord with its extra hit dice. An elemental companion can change between its true size and Small size as a standard action. Once the companion has allied with the revoker, it will join combats on his behalf and communicate more freely with the revoker in its native language.

Nature Sense (Ex) As druid.

Trespass (Su) A revoker is a walking beacon of terror for the creatures of the natural world, a thing that should not be striding through the wilderness and leaving a wake of devastation. Animals, magical beasts and plants of Int 2 or less will not voluntarily come within 30 ft. of a revoker. Those with Int 3 or greater will automatically be treated as hostile toward the revoker. Any animal or magical beast entering within 30 ft. of a revoker must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 revoker's class level + Revoker's Charisma modifier) or become shaken for as long as they are inside the radius and for 1d4 rounds thereafter. Magical beasts get a +4 bonus on this save. An animal or magical beast which saves against this effect is immune to the trespass ability of that particular revoker for 24 hours.

Withering Step (Su) Starting at 2nd level, a revoker may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at his normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment, as the undergrowth wilts away from his passing. Thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion still affect him. Anyone attempting to track a revoker through an area of thick greenery or undergrowth receives a +4 bonus on the check due to the withered path he leaves behind. This bonus increases to +8 if the revoker is 10th level or higher.

Revoke (Su) The revoker's signature ability is accessed at 3rd level. Revokers are sent forth not only to spread disease and unleash disaster, but also to reap excess life force to balance nature's scales and spread the appropriate amount of death. Doing so reduces the resource demand of life in the area and reallocates energy to nature's more benevolent servants to employ in mending and defending; for this reason, revokers are often known to druids as "fallowmen," wreaking destruction so that new life may grow in its wake.

The revoker must make a touch attack to revoke life energies. If successful, he deals 1d8 damage + 1 point per class level (maximum +5) and attempts to rip out its life force. This effect is equivalent to the death knell spell cast as a cleric of the revoker's class level, except that it offers a Fortitude save instead of a Will save and ignores spell resistance. A creature with a fractional hit die affords that same fraction of the effect's duration. This ability may be used once per day, with additional uses as the revoker gains levels.

At 7th level, the base damage of revoke increases to 2d8 + 1/level (max +10). At 13th level, it increases to 3d8 + 1/level (max +15). At 19th level, it increases to 4d8 + 1/level (no maximum). The damage dealt by the revoke ability is not negative energy damage and cannot be used to heal the undead. Caster level and ability increases from this effect do not stack.

Affliction Aura (Su) Beginning at 4th level, the revoker's mere presence goes beyond unsettling and starts to exert a palpable chill on the life force of those around him. Living creatures within 5 ft. of the revoker must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 revoker's character level + revoker's Charisma modifier) or become sickened for as long as they are within the radius and for 1d4+1 rounds thereafter. This radius increases as the revoker progresses in level. This is not a mind-affecting ability.

Lifesense (Su) The revoker learns to sense lifeforce in his environment, becoming more sensitive as he progresses in his mission of desolation. A 5th level revoker notices and locates living creatures within 15 feet, just as if he possessed the blindsight ability. He also senses the strength of their life force automatically, as if he had cast deathwatch. The radius of this sense increases as the revoker grows in level.

Bleak Reward (Ex) At 8th level, the revoker has earned a special reward from nature for his service. The servant who quells and extinguishes so much life has his own lifeline protected. The revoker is immune to death effects and energy drain.

Culling Ray (Su) As of 10th level, the revoker can choose to sacrifice frequency for versatility when revoking. By expending an additional revoke use when revoking, the revoker can turn the touch attack into a ray, making a ranged touch attack at a range of 25 ft. + 5 ft/2 levels. If successful, the ray acts just like a normal revoke attempt.

Grim Visage (Ex) By 11th level, the revoker's life force is so masked and muted that he is as one of the living dead. The revoker heals from negative energy and is damaged by positive energy as though he were undead, though as he is still alive he takes only half the damage an undead creature would. The revoker is also treated as though permanently warded with hide from undead (save DC 10 + 1/2 revoker's class level + revoker's Charisma modifier).

Freedom of Movement (Su) Between nature's protection and his own antithetical existence, a 14th level revoker cannot be grappled, entangled or otherwise confined, as though he were protected by a permanent freedom of movement effect.

Bringer of Disaster (Su) A 17th level revoker is a master of invoking nature's devastation. His disaster spells have their areas of effect increased by 50% as though they were modified by the Widen Spell feat. If the revoker also modifies a disaster spell with Widen Spell, the effect is additive, not multiplicative.

Reaper (Su) At 19th level, a revoker has gained the power to go for quality over quantity when revoking life. By expending an additional use of revoke during a revoke attempt, the revoker can increase the damage dealt to 10 per revoker level. A successful Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 revoker's class level + revoker's Charisma modifier) halves this damage and leaves the target alive with at least 1 hit point remaining.

Revoker Spell List

0th Level
    detect magic, detect poison, flare, guidance, inflict minor wounds, know direction, mending, naturewatchSpC, read magic, resistance, touch of fatigue

1st Level
    animate fireSpC, aura against flameSpC, bestow woundBoVD, breath of the jungleSpC, bane, cause fear, cloudburstSpC, deathwatch, delay diseaseSpC, detect animals or plants, detect snares and pits, endure elements, hide from animals, horrible tasteSpC, inflict light wounds, longstrider, low-light visionSpC, magic fang, obscuring mist, omen of perilSpC, pass without trace, produce flame, shillelagh, thunderheadSpC, wall of smokeSpC, winter's chillSpC

2nd Level
    barkskin, blinding spittleSpC, circle of nauseaBoVD, countermoonSpC, creeping coldSpC, curse of ill fortuneSpC death armorSpC, death knell, decompositionSpC, delay poison, earthbindSpC, dessicating bubbleSpC, false life, flaming sphere, fog cloud, frost breathSpC, ghoul touch, gust of wind, healing stingSpC, inflict moderate wounds, living undeathSpC, malevolent miasmaSpC, mark of the outcastSpC, protection from positive energySpC, rebukeSpC, saltraySpC, sap strengthBoVD, scentSpC shatter, shroud of undeathSpC, silence, spinterboltSpC, summon swarm, warp wood, winter's embraceSpC, wracking touchSpC

3rd Level
    antidragon auraSpC, bestow curse, call lightning*, capricious zephyrSpC*, contagion*, corona of coldSpC, crumbleSpC*, dehydrateSpC, diminish plants*, greater magic fang, hailstonesSpC*, heatstrokeSpC, hypothermiaSpC, ice axeSpC, infestation of maggotsSpC, inflict serious wounds, junglerazerSpC*, know vulnerabilitiesSpC, nauseating breathSpC, neutralize poison, nondetection, poison, quench, remove disease, sinkSpC, sleet storm*, slow, spark of lifeSpC, spike growth, starvationSpC, suppress breath weaponSpC, tremorSpC*, vampiric touch, weather eyeSpC, wind wall, wither limbBoVD, wood rotSpC

4th Level
    antiplant shell, attune formSpC, blight*, consumptive fieldSpC, contagious touchSpC, control water*, crushing despair, death ward, delay deathSpC, dismissal, dispel magic, downdraftSpC, eye of the hurricaneSpC*, freedom of movement, greater creeping coldSpC, greater resistanceSpC, ice storm*, inflict critical wounds, languorSpC, miasma of entropySpC*, nature's balanceSpC, repel vermin, rushing watersSpC*, rusting grasp, skull watchSpC, spike stones, summon elementite swarmSpC, wind at backSpC, wrackSpC

5th Level
    break enchantment, call lightning storm*, cold snapSpC, commune with nature, control winds*, earth reaverSpC*, echo skullSpC, firewardSpC, freezeSpC, graymantleSpC, ice flowersSpC*, infernoSpC, insect plague, jungle's raptureSpC, life wardSpC, mass contagionSpC, mass inflict light wounds, memory rotSpC, ray of deanimationSpC, rejectionSpC, revenanceSpC slay living, stoneskin, swamp strideSpC, transmute mud to rock*, transmute rock to mud*, vulnerabilitySpC, wall of fire, wall of sandSpC, wall of stone, waves of fatigue

6th Level
    animate snowSpC, antilife shell, aura of terrorSpC, death throesSpC, drownSpC, eyebite, find the path, fire seeds, fleshshiverSpC, forbiddance, greater stone shapeSpC, hide the pathSpC, mass curse of ill fortuneSpC, mass inflict moderate wounds, miasmaSpC, move earth*, phantasmal disorientationSpC, poxBoVD, ray of entropySpC, repel wood, spellstaff, spider plagueSpC, stoneholdSpC, stone tell, summon greater elementalSpC, superior resistanceSpC, tidal surgeSpC*, withering palmSpC

7th Level
    blood to waterSpC, changestaff, circle of death, control weather*, creeping doom, extract water elementalSpC, finger of death, fire storm*, flesh to stone, greater bestow curseSpC, greater consumptive fieldSpC, greater dispel magicSpC, harm, hide from dragonsSpC, mass inflict serious wounds, pestilenceBoVD*, slime waveSpC, storm of elemental furySpC*, storm towerSpC, sunbeam, swamp lungSpC, vision, waves of exhaustion, wind walk

8th Level
    antipathy, avasculateSpC, banishment, deadfallSpC*, destruction, earthquake*, heat drainSpC*, maelstromSpC*, mass death wardSpC, mass inflict critical wounds, red tideSpC*, reverse gravity, steal lifeBoVD, stormrageSpC*, sunburst, veil of undeathSpC, whirlwind*, word of recall

9th Level
    cast in stoneSpC, elemental swarm, energy drain, foresight, greater whirlwindSpC*, heart of stoneSpC, hindsightSpC, horrid wilting, mass drownSpC, storm of vengeance*, summon elemental monolithSpC, transmute rock to lavaSpC*, tsunamiSpC*

Spells marked with a * are classified as disaster spells.

BoVD: Book of Vile Darkness
    SpC: Spell Compendium

Feats For Revokers

Existential Terror
    Your ability to draw out the life force of others brings a terrible chill to the soul.
    Prerequisites Revoke class ability, Cha 13+, evil alignment
    Benefit A creature that survives being subjected to your revoke ability is shaken for 1d4+1 rounds (no save is allowed). A creature that was already shaken becomes frightened instead.

Extinguishing Wave
    You cut down swaths of living creatures as you reap their life energies.
    Prerequisites Culling ray class ability, revoke class ability, Cha 15+
    Benefit You may spend an additional use of your revoke ability to turn your culling ray into a cone of the same length. All creatures caught in the cone are affected, though as normal neither caster level increases nor ability score increases stack, and the duration of any benefit you receive is the maximum individual duration you would have accrued, if any.
    Special You gain an additional daily use of your revoke ability.

Extra Revocation
    You are charged with extinguishing life more frequently than normal.
    Prerequisites Revoke class ability, Cha 13+
    Benefit You gain an additional two uses of your revoke ability per day.

Greater Spell Focus (disaster)
    Your disaster spells are more potent and harder to survive.
    Benefit Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against disaster spells you cast. This bonus stacks with the bonus from Spell Focus.

Lingering Instinct
    The last awareness of the life you extinguish floods you with sudden alertness and alacrity.
    Prerequisites Revoke class ability
    Benefit Instead of the Strength bonus normally provided by the revoke ability, you can take a +2 bonus to your Dexterity score instead.

Magnified Reaping
    You derive more enrichment than normal from the life force of others.
    Benefit The +2 ability score bonus you receive from your revoke ability is increased to +4. The caster level increase remains unaffected.

Nature's Avenger
    Your powers over the life force of others are amplified as you wield them.
    Benefit Instead of the Strength bonus normally provided by the revoke ability, you can take a +2 bonus to your Charisma score instead.

Peaceful Release
    Your call to the life force of others is a siren song for the soul.
    Prerequisites Revoke class ability, Cha 13+, good alignment
    Benefit The DC to save against your revoke ability and associated effects is increased by 2.

Savage Sage
    You find insight in the final moment of those you extinguish.
    Benefit Instead of the Strength bonus normally provided by the revoke ability, you can take a +2 bonus to your Wisdom score instead.

Spell Focus (disaster)
    Your disaster spells are more potent and harder to survive.
    Benefit Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against disaster spells you cast.

Stolen Vigor
    Lives you have extinguished feed into your own life force briefly.
    Benefit Instead of the Strength bonus normally provided by the revoke ability, you can take a +2 bonus to your Constitution score instead. You immediately gain the adjusted hit points associated with your increased Constitution score.

Witness of Mortido
    Your mind is sharpened with the release of another's death urge.
    Benefit Instead of the Strength bonus normally provided by the revoke ability, you can take a +2 bonus to your Intelligence score instead.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2014-03-01 at 11:47 PM.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Orc in the Playground

R1020

I need 2-3 decent encounters for my group of mildly optimized 5th lvl characters. CR 5-7 They are currently sailing for 3 months on a boat off of Chult(hot, jungle). At least one of the encounters within sight of land the others can be open ocean. I have 2 seasoned DMs in the group, one of which has like every monster memorized so i want to surprise them with something new. Any help would be appreciated. They are also the hack and slash type when they fight, flanking is about as complicated in tactics that they get.
    Last edited by Starchild7309; 2014-03-02 at 12:56 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1196

R1021

I would like to have a mechanic for a base class..

The class is actually an attempt to port "Warframe" over to D&D 3.5 and i've just started working on it..

My idea for the class is similair to a binder, but the character grows a exo-amour on himself instead of binding vestiges. He uses swords, axes, hammers, and guns..

However, one of the features of the class is a "Force-field / Shield" effect on the exo-armour which regenarates when not hit for a certain amount of time, which also serves as the ammunition for the class's guns.

For example, on reloading his pistol 5 points are deducted from his "Shield", 10 for his rifle and 15/20 for his sniper rifle?

As there are various different exo-armor available for the base class to "bind" or wear, i will need four different tiers of "Shield" effects that scale with level.

If anyone's willing to give ideas or help on the class itself (mainly on the stats of the various "Frames") it will be greatly appreaciated..

The class can be found here

Thankyou very much in advance!
    Last edited by Mavakith; 2014-03-06 at 05:43 AM. Reason: update

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: old thoughts, no longer relevant
    Show
    Couldn't think of a suitable bear-ish transportation mode (flight/teleport make no sense, swim/burrow are weird with a rider, earth glide is really powerful) so I threw in a different utility. Is that OK?

One of the problems with using a brown bear as a figurine is that it's a baller mount/cohort. Since it understands common, you can command the thing as a free action, which means a level 4 character could get double their level-appropriate action economy... like, check the bear's grapple mod, it's That Damn Crab all over again. So the minimum character level has to be something like level 5-6. But the bear also dies after a certain time (making high-gold investments very binary) and doesn't scale (so at higher levels, you lose out on money because your companion isn't level-appropriate). If you just wanted a mount that looked like a bear, I would probably modify something like Ebony Fly: Large mount that looks like a brown bear, makes no attacks, and comes ready to be mounted. Then the price could go down to something like 5,000gp.

So this is basically a 1/week "Get out of Jail Free" card + 50 HP. It can be ridden, and it can carry a lot of stuff (27 Str) while still moving 40 ft. per round, and it gets LLV and Scent if you're into those things. Despite not being a cohort as before, it still requires you to be level 6 to even consider buying one because passwall is awesome with a little divination.

H 1018: Figurine of Wondrous Power (Quartz Bear)
    Each of the several kinds of figurines of wondrous power appears to be a miniature statuette of a creature an inch or so high. When the figurine is tossed down and the correct command word spoken, it becomes a living creature of normal size (except when noted otherwise below). The creature obeys and serves its owner. Unless stated otherwise, the creature understands Common but does not speak.

If a figurine of wondrous power is broken or destroyed in its statuette form, it is forever ruined. All magic is lost, its power departed. If slain in animal form, the figurine simply reverts to a statuette that can be used again at a later time.

Quartz Bear
    When animated, a quartz bear takes the form of a brown bear under the command of its possessor, but cannot make attacks. The bear is trained to act as a mount in combat (like a heavy warhorse) and comes with an exotic military saddle designed specifically for riding it. The bear can be used in this form for up to 40 total hours per week. After 40 hours have passed or the command word is spoken again, the bear shifts back into a quartz statuette.

The bear also confers upon the rider the ability to use passwall once per week as a swift action, but only while in animal form. This form of passwall is special in that it is a supernatural ability but only lasts 1 round.

Moderate transmutation; CL 11th; Craft Wondrous Item, animate objects, passwall; Price 10,000 gp.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-03-03 at 01:57 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Couldn't think of a suitable bear-ish transportation mode (flight/teleport make no sense, swim/burrow are weird with a rider, earth glide is really powerful) so I threw in a different utility. Is that OK?
    C 1018 It's quite ok, I simply didn't know what else to add to it because I'm fairly new to the game and I'm still learning: whats worthwhile, whats over powered and what just simply sucks.

I like what you did there, the stone meld works just fine and fits with the character who will end up with it, a dwarven cleric.

It's meant to be a mount more than anything so I'm perfectly fine with it not being able to fight. What kind of a price tag would we be looking at if the bear gave the before mentioned earth glide say for a few minutes once a week. In an interval only long enough to get through a wall or a through a hill to either get away from someone chasing the PC or to gain ground on someone their chasing?

Anyway thanks for the build its much appreciated.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

C 1018

If you don't want it to attack, I can drop the price significantly and tack on some earth mobility.

To prevent potential "I glide through the earth unnoticed and then assassinate him from the ground" abuse (and thus, a price tag increase), would you mind me substituting in passwall? Moving through solid rock wins most dungeons so any kind of earth mobility is stupid expensive. But a bear that serves only as a mount and grants limited passwall would be in the realm of 10,000 - 15,000, while a similar item that grants limited earth glide would be in the realm of 15,000 - 25,000... I think.

The big problem with earth mobility is the ability to negate dungeons. Just one quick use of earth glide or passwall lets you ignore most doors via the walls, prisons via the ceiling, and lots of traps via turning the floor into a tunnel. Passwall at least forces you to make a cylindrical hole, but it's still a pretty big auto-win button.

What are your thoughts? Are you OK with the bigger price tag in exchange for the earth mobility, and (if so) which kind?
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-03-03 at 12:46 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

C 1018 I looked up the pass wall spell. It does seem a lot easier to manage. I can see what you're saying about it being a I win button for certain situations.

The spell description says it can be dismissed or dispelled. The duration is in hours. Is there any way we can have it last for only moments? Like once you jump through that's it. It snaps shut. That would make someone think twice about bypassing a wall unless they knew they could get back out in some other manner. I was thinking it should be a "oh crap" button.

10 - 15k gold sounds spot on.