Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Jazmith ooc, project

Well I'm also down for being twins, still want to be adventurers though

2. - Top - End - #32

Janet is a smart fighter, she tries to out think her opponents and studies the art of fighting alot.

3. - Top - End - #33

Two things

Can we use supplement books, I'm thinking there might be a sweet feat in the complete adventurer for Janet. And I forgot that Janet gets a total of five feats at 3rd level. 2 from levels, 1 from being human, 2 from being a fighter I added weapon focus.

4. - Top - End - #34

NinjaGuy

Which supplemental book are you referring to? And what feat?

Everything is up for/needs approval if its not in core.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

5. - Top - End - #35

complete adventurer, but eh, I just looked at the feat, deft strike, and you need to be a rogue so blah

6. - Top - End - #36

NinjaGuy

Need to know if you want to be general adventurers at the start. Looking at you stark.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Treasure hunters/Father Daughter sounds fine, but the whole idea of Otimorn being less intelligent than his fighter daughter doesn't work. Otimorn is really too conceited for that. I'm going to have to come up with a new character.

8. - Top - End - #38

I said we could be twins

9. - Top - End - #39

And besides, if he raised he daughter correctly, she would be more intelligent than him.

10. - Top - End - #40

RedWizardGuy

No, don't worry about it, I like the idea of the daughter prodigy who can outdo her father. Otimorn just doesn't fit.

Now I'm thinking Warmage. This Warmage saw some action in a past war, but graduated from his college shortly before the war ended. He spent a long time attached to several different units, making many friends, but he never rose much in power or rank. He decided to retire when his daughter was near to coming of age, but he still saw his old pals often. They were the ones that thought it would be harmless to teach the little girl how to hit the bullies at school where it hurts, and do it smart so she wouldn't get caught.

I'll let Dakuwan pick up the story from there.

Oh, and this guy's name is George, everybody likes a George.

11. - Top - End - #41

RedWizardGuy

Yeah, that's true, but Otimorn isn't really likely to have kids in general. I definitely like George for this better. I'm throwing his 9 in Wisdom, that kid got hers from somewhere else.

Let me know if the Warmage class from Complete Arcane is approved, NeverSleep.

12. - Top - End - #42

Ok, but I still want to do the general adventuring thing, and Janet just studied fighting in general than lucked upon some text on the subject and with her natural born wisdom began to develop the skills and abilities she studied, then applied then when her and George fell into such situations where she needed them.

13. - Top - End - #43

RedWizardGuy

I was thinking along the lines of Janet's mother is the wise one.
    I'm trying to come up with a craft or profession for George. He stayed retired from adventuring/combat until he discovered Janet wanted to go adventuring, or that she already was.

14. - Top - End - #44

Her mom or dad being wise is neither here nor there, the point is, she is. And whatever reason you want for adventuring is fine, it could be that Janet had studied so many different ancient places and legends that she wanted to see them for herself.

15. - Top - End - #45

NinjaGuy

Warmage is good. I'm close to having the scenario ready, just two more things.

Roll, this.

(1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[4]

Then I'm going to give you one thematic non-book ability. If you want to petition for something specific, please let me know soon.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

16. - Top - End - #46

RedWizardGuy

George:
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=340274

He's a bit of a history buff, no craft or profession other than war mage. He may have gotten out of the business for a while, but he got right back into it with his daughter.

Do we want to do anything with Janet's mother? Is she at home worried, dead, or out of the picture?

17. - Top - End - #47

RedWizardGuy

HP:

(2d6)[6][5](11)

18. - Top - End - #48

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NeverSleep View Post
    ... I'm going to give you one thematic non-book ability. If you want to petition for something specific, please let me know soon.
    I can't think anything right now. Maybe something that would have helped in camp, on guard, or on patrol. An ability useful in a fight would be nice also, but I'm not sure what sort of thing you're looking for in terms of power, usefulness, or where it should be applicable.

19. - Top - End - #49

NinjaGuy

Ok, I see your concern, here's some examples.

Jozan the cleric has an uncanny ability to know how someone died. Not through a knowledge check, but as part of the gifts his God gives him. Think forensics, but holy.

Tordek the fighter can read enemies in combat. Occasionally he will be able to predict the next move of a combatant. He does this by reading the body language and eye movements of the person.

Oregon the rogue can see the people who are speaking from behind the closed door. He can tell their race, age, and sometimes more specific details of the person. This information is all based on his hearing. He's hardly ever wrong.

Quaz the ice wizard has the ability to create ice. He has learned to do different things with it. He can make ice balls for throwing, ice cubes for beverages, and with steady patience, he can encase willing beings or inanimate objects in ice. The harder the task the more it takes out of him to continue.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

20. - Top - End - #50

NinjaGuy

Ok, I see your concern, here's some examples.

Jozan the cleric has an uncanny ability to know how someone died. Not through a knowledge check, but as part of the gifts his God gives him. Think forensics, but holy.

Tordek the fighter can read enemies in combat. Occasionally he will be able to predict the next move of a combatant. He does this by reading the body language and eye movements of the person.

Oregon the rogue can see the people who are speaking from behind the closed door. He can tell their race, age, and sometimes more specific details of the person. This information is all based on his hearing. He's hardly ever wrong.

Quaz the ice wizard has the ability to create ice. He has learned to do different things with it. He can make ice balls for throwing, ice cubes for beverages, and with steady patience, he can encase willing beings or inanimate objects in ice. The harder the task the more it takes out of him to continue.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

21. - Top - End - #51

RedWizardGuy

How about this:
    George can read the enemy line. He sees a group of combatants and he sometimes knows the weak link. He knows where to strike with his spells or to send his men to best break the opposing line or demoralize the enemy group.

I'd also like to say that George, in his career, attained a rank similar to that of a sergeant. He has led small groups of men (warmages and soldiers). If he ever gets to level 6 I expect he'll pick up Leadership if that's allowed.

22. - Top - End - #52

NinjaGuy

@Stark

That sounds good. We'll call it, "Battle Vision".

Battle Vision:

In the past you've noticed things during combat that less focused people wouldn't have even looked for. You have noticed things like: who the commander is, if they have a fake commander, if they plan on retreating, if the enemy is protecting an area or person, the existence of non-traditional escape route, amongst other things.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

23. - Top - End - #53

NinjaGuy

I still need you both to roll two separate d6's.

The resulting stats will receive +2 in the initial score

1 Str
    2 Dex
    3 Con
    4 Int
    5 Wis
    6 Cha
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

24. - Top - End - #54

RedWizardGuy

(1d6)[5]
    (1d6)[5]

Apparently a post in which I only roll 1d6 twice isn't long enough for this board. Go figure.

25. - Top - End - #55

RedWizardGuy

Interesting. Now, in his base abilities, George doesn't have any weaknesses besides being weak.

26. - Top - End - #56

for the win

(1d6+0)[2]

(1d6+0)[5]

27. - Top - End - #57

NinjaGuy

Dakuwan,

Still need an idea for your ability, unless you want me to assign you one.

Also, are you guys finalized in your sheets? Items all clear?
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

28. - Top - End - #58

RedWizardGuy

I have pretty well finalized, except I haven't calculated cash.

29. - Top - End - #59

NinjaGuy

Ok, Going to start the thread in a few here.

Any last words on your personalities and such? I don't mind finding them out as we go, but if you want me to know anything straight away, nows the time.

Here's the old House of Traia info, reposted here for your convenience.

Spoiler
    Show
    HOUSE OF TRAIA

Town: Jazmith
    Spoiler
    Show
    The house of Traia is in the crumbling city of Jazmith. Jazmith was once an extremely wealthy trade town until travel became nearly impossible after The Awakening.

Jazmith has a large population, and many districts within its large stone city walls. It's Western edge and castle are built into a mountain chain. The Eastern side is flanked by a calm sea port that leads to many rivers and the Deep Sea.

House of Traia
    Spoiler
    Show
    The House of Traia is a guild of ill-repute. At least that is the title they received after having been the first organization to unionize workers of its kind. The house was put together in times when men and women had money to spare. Its clientele and and employee's have severely dropped in number. So much that you are the only remaining two remaining "working ladies".

Workers of the house are distinct and must always present themselves with a large blue T on their scabbards and broaches. If not wearing an identifying signal, they are required to identify themselves as a member to everyone they speak with, and, before consenting to any "work".

The House of Traia is still run by the original Madam, Traia. The only other employee is Tupik.

The Awakening: 3 years prior
    Spoiler
    Show
    No-one saw it coming, no-one heard it coming, no books or legends predicted it.

The Befreier had always submitted to the other gods, yielding his animals and beasts both hideous and beautiful to the will of others. No more.

There was no conflict, just a change in... attitude...

Birds still flew, fish swam, bees buzzed. They just became more violent, and seem more intelligent and seemingly... organized.

The roads became unsafe to travel in small numbers, and the seas (although generally considered safer) were just as affected. Towns are subject to attack both by swarm and guerrilla tactics by animals they once never feared.

Its strange though. One will look at an animal and expect it to go along its normal business and it may change its mind and attack. Other times you may see an angry bear whom you've just disturbed, and it will just walk away.

Most people think it is best to just avoid most animals. Domesticated animals(including familiars, etc...) are just as prone to this behavior, therefore most have been abandoned to the wild. Even before attacking their master.

Animals/Beasts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Humanoids have never been able to communicate with most animals, except basic training signals.(includes druids and other wilderness classes)

Before the awakening they were normal, and would run if scared. Now, some will attack on site, some will run away scared, and some may lead you into a trap while hunting them. They don't seem to have a particular agenda, but they are violent towards humanoids.

The Nation: Travest
    Spoiler
    Show
    Travest isn't a large nation. It is actually fairly small, but contains two important cities: Jazmith and Jordan(the Capital).

Cities have gone into a Martial Law sort of order, since even armies may have a hard time traveling outside of a cities limits. Even so, a peasant army/militia seems to be enough for small hamlets to defend themselves.

The most important duty of all rulers is providing food for the people. Since the Awakening farming has become a dangerous prospect, and most individuals aren't skilled enough to hunt animals that attack back.

There is not much correspondence between Jordan and any of the smaller cities. It would seem that they have the defense of their own walls and feeding the people are their main priority.

The main contact between cities comes from Runners.

The Befreier
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Befreier is a Demi-God who is also known as "The Beastmaster"

Most stories about how and why he started the Awakening are just that... stories. Nobody of note has come up with a reason that the gods would let him do what he's done, or why they haven't stopped him yet.

The Deep Sea
    Spoiler
    Show
    Much of this world is yet to be discovered. The deep sea has seen men leave, and return with riches/scars and stories of other men who insisted on exploring further. Occasionally men from unknown lands will arrive at port as well with spices, plants, animals, etc... that have never been seen on our shores before.

Madam Traia
    Spoiler
    Show
    Madam Traia loves her girls(and guys) and has always been good to them. She doesn't work for profit. She loves love, and she promotes her women as though they were her own children. She is middle aged, but looks much younger.

The Madam unfortunately was robbed of her chance to procreate by a priest of Vecna. She has never told you how or why.

Tupik
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tupik is a youth who was publicly refused by the constantly hiring militia and army recruiters. He is also the son of the right hand man to the Freiherr(ruler) of Jazmith, Markov.

Tupik's father Travod most certainly has made an order that Tupik is not to be allowed into military duty.

Tupik and Travod don't speak to one another. This is well-known public information. It has been that way since Tupik became a teenager.

Tupik's job is to protect the working ladies. He never does anything beside wait outside the room though. He seems to have a fierce loyalty to the Madame, and you will occasionally hear him in his room alone crying.

Travod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Travod is publicly known as a wizard. One of few. Most who are gifted with magic are shunned, and have never been particularly organized.

It is a signal of great respect or fear to have a wizard sit amongst your advisors. Travod doesn't speak publically or in court, so his opinions and reasons for being included amongst the Frieherr's advisor's remain shrouded.

Runners:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Runners are messengers that specialize in getting through the wilderness. They seem to have amazing luck, and are never attacked by groups of animals.

Pelor's Presence:

Spoiler
    Show
    In times long since forgotten, when it is said that wars were as common as housemice, all gods waged war against one another using mortals as their chess pieces. As they were doing so they only realized that they were losing all of the people that they were trying to win over. Humanity had become nearly extinct. In a moment of compromise, all of the major gods agreed that the field of combat should be protected, no matter the alignment, race, or religious belief/disbelief of the participant.

All fields of honorable battle are protected by all gods. Any can ignore this protection in their opponent if they give it up themselves. The definition of "honorable field" changes depending on which god is watching at the moment It is considered extreemly poor taste drop Pelors Presence, and is a crime in most communities.

Assasination attempts are not covered, the gods deal with assasins themselves.

Magic, Personi
    Spoiler
    Show
    The language of magic has its own personality. It knows who weilds it, and how powerful they are. It can be fickle, and sometimes must be convinced. It is said it has some personality traits of Mystra herself.

Magic has been known to lend itself to a cause at times of great need or consequence... or fail.

Some hypothesize that magic has its own agenda seperate from Mystra's. Some say that Mystra's control over magic is absolute, while others say she created it, but now it is like an adolescent child - it is rebelling against her.

When it comes to the language itself, it is known to hide itself, or leave the minds of those who would weild it if they don't exhibit control. For example, a young mage listening or reading the words of an advanced spell, or a spell from a shunned school may hear words that sound like magic, but don't resemble the actual words at all. Other times the language is heard, then nearly immediatly forgotten.

The term that encompasses these effects is "Personi". Used like, I don't rememberwhat words he used because of the Personi. Or, "this is the first time Personi has let me hear that spell, the words were beautiful. Etc...
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

30. - Top - End - #60

RedWizardGuy

I still need to pick a 1st level evocation from the wizard list, almost forgot. Not too interested in Tenser's Floating Disc, so I'm looking in other books.

How about Ice Dagger from the Spell Compendium?