New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part II [4E]

(Eltain is left-handed. I have never mentioned this, so not knowing it is perfectly OK. He holds his shield in his right hand, so it's his right side that's more exposed.)

"Yeah, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks, Aramil." He sighs. "I should go find Lucan and get him packed and see what he found out about portals, so we can get going. Is there anything you want me to say to Limara for you, or will you just wait until we meet back up?"
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"There's a lot I'd prefer to discuss with her in person, and after I see my father again. So until then, just give her my best."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

OOC: For everyone's reference, since this would be common knowledge The Court of Stars.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms

Zyrr watches with sadistic glee as the ogres earn their pay. Once the trash has been disposed, he claps a hand on Lucan's shoulder. "Thanks for the help. I'll have to pay you back later."

---

Zyrr spends much of his time exploring Sigil's places and people. Quite aware that several drow want to kill him, he leaves Lucan's each day with a different disguise thanks to his magical hat. A fire genasi one day, a githzerai the next, each day gives him multitudes of new disguises, exotic new alchemical and culinary ingredients, and a lot of interesting conversation besides.

He also picks up some tools to train Eltain in thievery, should the half-eladrin wish.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Unlike Zyrr, Aramil is intent on heading out the very next morning.

6. - Top - End - #156

...In which case Zyrr settles for a night of drink and song at the inn the likes of which he probably won't have the opportunity for quite some time.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Once Eltain finally comes down from his training session with Aramil, Pavick marches up to him with a look of purpose. "I've come to a decision," he begins. "I would like to accompany you and Lucan to the realm of the winter fey for the days leading up to the Court of Stars. From my previous encounters with them, I know there are many there with darkness in their hearts. The best way to help them is of course to reach out to them in friendship. As a representative of the gnomish delegation, I would like to see what I can do about beginning that process a little early. What do you say?"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain nods at Aramil's decision.

"Indeed. Given everything..." He sighs. "I'm sure Toveliss is treating her well. He doesn't seem like a bad sort. Say, Aramil. Can I ask you to... Try to be kind to him during the court? I know he's with the Winter Court, but, well, that's what he was born to. It's like me and my own wintry nature, it's just how I was born. I don't think he really knows anything about what's going on, and I doubt he's part of it. I want to try to get him away from it, or at least try to get him to attempt to do something about it from the inside, if I can." He smiles. "Well, you know me. Always wanting to save everybody." He grins. "I'd better go see what Lucan's found out. I plan to leave as soon as possible. Good luck, Aramil." He gives the eladrin a fond, if somewhat chilly, hug.

He heads downstairs to find Lucan, but is intercepted by Pavick.

"I think that's a fantastic idea. Toveliss seems like a good place to start, he's certainly seemed friendly and honest enough so far. I'm hoping to win him over to our side. I'll give you the same advice I gave Lucan, though. Dress warmly, it's rather cold there." He grins. "Maybe snowshoes. I don't want to lose you in the snow."

He looks about for Lucan and finds him. He raises an eyebrow at Lena's new outfit, before it dawns on him what it's for, and a newfound respect for Lucan enters his eyes as a smile breaks out on his face.

"That's very thoughtful of you, Lucan. Most people just assume their familiars have no need of anything and ignore them, rather than trying to do things for them. It might seem a little bit embarrassing, Lena, but take heart. He's just trying to look out for you." He pats Lena on the shoulder reassuringly with his finger.

"What did you find out about portals? And I'd suggest packing if you haven't, I want to leave as soon as possible."
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2011-11-17 at 12:44 AM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf bard

"I still haven't finished replacing the supplies I lost in the Tangle," Lucan says. "But I can do that tomorrow. Lena's been making a list." He pulls out a tiny scroll about an inch wide, but a foot long. There's writing on it, but it's too small to make out. "We already got the first item: warm clothes. Just 96 more to go". He smiles happily, and Lena gives a cheerful little warble from by his shoulder. "Oh yes, portals. The closest I could find is about a day away from Certhiel's place."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain gives the two Ls a Look.

"You do not need all of this. You can't *carry* all of this. There'll be supplies in the winter lands, we'll stock up while we're there. The point of going is to leave as soon as possible, preferably today, so we have as much time there as possible to begin trying to forge good relationships with the winter court in order to try to put internal pressure on them to avoid hostilities. I'm hoping to try to avoid a war, or at least to make it less terrible. Time is of the essence."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Don't worry. I'll treat him like a brother... he is married to my sister, after all. I'm more worried about you, actually. Going back home may raise questions and rumors about your past. Don't let them cloud your pursuit of the truth and the future."

At Lucan's mention of supplies, Aramil adds "I suppose I'll need to make a quick trip to the market as well. I've been meaning to get magical storage for a while now."

(By which I mean that technically I've still 5000 gp on my character sheet that I've been neglecting to spend, and finally going to use it on a Handy Haversack.)

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

After some last minute shopping, Lucan, Eltain, and Pavick are ready to head to the Winter Lands. The portal nearest Certhiel's lands is a bit difficult to use, as it is barely wide enough for a person to fit through, and only rises two feet above the surface of the street. Pavick may be able to limbo-through, but Lucan and Eltain are forced to crawl on their stomachs, each clutching the hairball of an orange cat (which is not the strangest key you've heard of using to open a portal, but it is fairly odd.)

Emerging through on the other side, the first thing you notice is a sudden stillness. After the constant clammer and noise of the streets of Sigil, the sudden change is rather discomforting. The sky above is a pale grey, not a shaft of sunlight to be seen, and as far as you can see, the ground is nothing but a layer of fresh white snow. The few trees that you see across the landscape look as if they exploded from the inside, the bark snapped and twisted as the pressure from the frozen sap inside proved to be too much strain for even the mighty trees of the feywild. Behind you, mountains loom, their peaks looking to be on the verge of avalanche. A long, winding river completely frozen cuts a path through the mountain down into the valley below, and following it's path you can see where what would have once been a spectacular waterfall nearly a mile high, is now an unmoving cascade of ice, glistening in the ambient light.

Built into the frozen ice of the waterfall, thousands of feet above the ground below, is the town of Celanthir, home of the Sharma noble family. Celanthirhas no walls, but instead is a cluster of buildings made from ice coaxed out of the waterfall, each connected by a thick bridge of ice. Even from a distance, the various tiers of the city are evident.

The first buildings as you plunge down the side of the waterfall face are the temples and noble houses. Eltain instantly recognizes the walls of the temple of Corellon, the ice of the temple blue-tinted and gleaming in the faint light. Less grand, but still prominent, are the temples to Sehanine and The Raven Queen, the former for her connection to the Feywild, and the latter for her domain over Winter. Similarly, the palace of Certhiel rests on this upper level, removed slightly from the various temples, surrounded by the smaller manor houses of other influential Fey

The second tier seems to be filled with shops, smithies, taverns, and inns. This is clearly the business section of the city, and at this distance you can see figures moving across the ice bridges from store to store.

The final tier, lowest on the waterfall side, but still over a thousand feet above the ground below, are the homes of the various winter fey who live in the city. Celanthir isn't exceptionally large, but is home to all manner of fey beings, not only Eladrin, and this tier is by far the largest. Some of the ice buildings here are clearly houses, whereas some appear to be fountains and pools (no doubt the home of nymphs and sprites).

The path to the edge of the frozen river and waterfall below is a fairly easy journey, but navigating down the side of the ice chute will take some time. Eltain knows that stairs and ramps have been carved into the back-side of the frozen waterfall, but for non-winter creatures, even those can be treacherous for the careless.

You were fortunate to arrive during the day. There are only a few hours of light before the long, dark nights of the Winter Lands. Further into the Vale of the Long Night, the sun doesn't rise at all, and the only light comes from the pale glow of the always full moon.

----------------------

OOC: Are Aramil, Shep & Zyrr doing anything else in Sigil before heading back to the Printempest manor?
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2011-11-17 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Because the pcs whined about the name.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain's breath catches as he sees the city he was raised in for the first time in several years. His heart aches with sad nostalgia as he picks out familiar buildings, places he once saw nearly every day. To the others, he supposes, this must seem like such a harsh, dark place. To him, however, it has a very different feel: Even now, it's still Home.

"I never thought I'd see this place again... I have so much to show you, let's get going!" Eltain grins excitedly, the snow and ice crystals glittering about him blending in with the landscape. Here in the feywild in the winter lands, his nature is almost disturbing. Even more ice crystals than before cling to his face, his breath doesn't fog in the air and he's even paler than usual, his skin only very faintly toned pink. He leads the group to where the access routes are hidden.

"Be extremely careful. Teleport when you can, it's hard going, especially if you're not from around here. Me, I'm used to ice, but you guys..."

Spoiler
    Show

Eltain was 14 when he ran away, if you're wondering. Late 14, near 15.

Eltain is also going to bypass as much of any potential skill challenge as possible by teleporting down to the city rather than walking. Because he can.

14. - Top - End - #164

"Well?" Zyrr asks Aramil after Eltain and Lucan leave. "Shall we be off? I can't wait to see what weapons I'll be greeted with this time!" His tone is only a half jest.

((Zyrr has nothing to do before leaving.)

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick follows Eltain and Lucan through the snow. His several layers of thick winter clothing make him waddle slightly back and forth as he walks, but he puts up with it for the sake of warmth. The clothing does a fairly good job of keeping him warm, but he cheats a little using a prestidigitation to warm his scarf and hood to keep the chilly air away from his face.

He is pleased to see Eltain in a good mood at being back in his homeland. "You just lead the way. I'll do my best to follow," he says.

Once they reach the base of the frozen waterfall, Pavick pauses. "Hold on for a moment. His thick layer's mean he has a difficult time getting into his pack, but after a few moments, he pulls out a length of rope. "Here Eltain, Lucan," he says handing each of them an end while he holds the middle. "This way if one of us slips hopefully the other two can keep him from sliding all the way down."

Spoiler
    Show

Here is the mental image to use for Pavick all decked out in his winter gear.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain nods to Pavick.

"I'll scout ahead, that way if I run into a bad patch I can teleport to safety and obviously warn you."

He begins to descend, cautiously testing the steps as he goes.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: I assume it's skill challenge time?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf bard

Lucan accepts the rope gratefully, and then begins to climb down, being very careful as he does.

Spoiler
    Show

Athletics - (1d20+12)[28]
    Acrobatics - (1d20+13)[20]

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

OOC: No, no skill challenge. That was just flavor text. I'm not to the point where I'll make you take a skill test just to walk down stairs in a non-combat situation.

@Eltain, Lucan & Pavick

The next several hours are spent moving across the frozen planes towards the top of the waterfall. It's an odd sensation, to see a land so desolate of life, but still feeling an energy in the air that you would in a bustling city. As you track across the snow, you do see a number of strange sights. Every once in a while, a gust of wind will stir up loose snowflakes, and for a moment it seems as if they take the form of humanoids for a brief second before the wind dies down and the bits of frozen ice fall back to the ground.

As you reach the top of the waterfall, the stairs are not difficult to find. Around the entrance, glowing blue runes illuminate the area, acting both as a beacon, and as a ward against unwelcome visitors.

Moving behind the frozen waterfall, the still air seems even colder here than it did in the open behind you. Each breath you take freezes in the air, drops to the ground, and shatters; so your entire journey is punctuated by what sounds like shattering glass. Still, the clothes you purchased seem warm enough, and you're able to press on in spite of the gnawing cold.

Whatever caused this waterfall to freeze must have happened almost instantaneously. Peering through the ice, you can still see an occasional fish whose journey over the falls was forever frozen. The varying thickness of the ice warps the light passing through, causing the images of the creatures in the water to grow and shrink as you walk past. It's difficult to tell because of the light, but some of the eyes seem to follow you.

After a bit, you hear an odd medley coming from below. At first it simply sounds like wind, but after listening for a moment, there is a definite tune in the air. The tune grows ever louder as you descend, until rounding a bend in the staircase, you finally discover the source. A Satyr, sitting on a small stool, is moving his hands over a series of holes in the ice. After watching a moment, you eventually realize that the wind moving through the holes is causing the noise, and the Satyr is using his hands to alter the pitch of each of these makeshift pipes, creating an odd melody that sounds both natural, yet constructed.

After a few minutes, the Satyr looks up at the three of you and gives a half-grin. "Beautiful, isn't it? I'd heard of these pipes from my cousin, but had never gotten to play them until today." He resumes his playing, but glances back towards you from time to time. "So, what brings you to Celanthir? Most traders come from the base of the falls..."

----------------------

@Aramil, Zyrr, & The Shepherd

Back in Sigil, finding a portal that leads back to the Printempest household is proving rather difficult. It seems that the portals that exist are either unpredictable, or under the ownership of those who don't wish to share. In the end, the easiest task seems to be to take a portal back to Mythrassar, and using a public teleportation circle to return to Aramil's home.

The transition from Sigil to Mythrassar isn't as jarring as your companions faced. The portal opens directly into the city, so the transition is merely from one city to another. That being said the transition is still a bit odd, as the first city was dark, grey, and rainy; whereas the second is a neverending autumn paradise.

Navigating your way through the tall tall towers of Mythrassar is fairly easy, but takes longer than you would expect. The Noble families of the city, the Solielle and the Shynovinne, have begun their journey to Senaliesse for the Court. As per Summer Fey tradition, the Sidhe Lords make the bi-annual trek via the traditional litters carried by Fey servants rather than simply using magic to speed the journey along. The citizens of the city have lined the main boulevards to watch the procession, making travel through the city streets a rather difficult task for those unfamiliar with the back alleyways and side-streets.

OOC: I'm assuming there's nothing you want to do in Mythrassar. If there is, let me know and we'll back up to this point.

Eventually, you arrive at one of the public teleportation circles. A bit of gold changes hands, and soon you find yourself back in a familiar room in the Printempest estate.

As usual, there's the normal rush of nasuea and the sound of guards reading weapons at the sight of the Drow, but after a moment Aramil is recognized, and saluted.

Word is sent out, and a few minutes later Azula and Selene arrive. The golden haired Azula is again wearing the color-changing dress, and she quickly moves forward to greet Aramil. Selene remains at the entrance, ever the picture of a fey lady-in-waiting, eyes downcast.

Azula gives that same glowing smile that never quite reaches her eyes, and she slips her hand under Aramils arm and begins walking with him. "It is good that you've returned. Tomorrow the other members of the Spring Court are due to arrive, and we must plan how to address that nagging issue with our colder kin. Oh, and your friends arrived in the Winter lands safely. They're making their way towards Celanthir as we speak."

As she leads Aramil off, Selene approaches Zyrr and Shep, bowing slightly. "Welcome back, sirs. Can I show you to your rooms, or is there anything I can get for you?"

19. - Top - End - #169
    Barbarian in the Playground

The tall, willowy figure of the Shepherd leaned heavily on his oak crook, and nodded his head respectfully in reply to Selene's bow. Once Azula was out of earshot, the Shepherd's head took to a slight angle, like some great, flightless bird of stone and obsidian.

"Every time I see you, Selene, you look so serious, and almost melancholy." He began, taking deliberate time with his words. "I sometimes find myself wondering if you are actually content."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

Selene looks up at Shep, and the corner of her mouth twitches slightly. "I appreciate your concern, but you should not mistake discretion and subtlety for discontent and unhappiness."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf bard

Lucan stares at the instrument. "It is beautiful," Lucan says. "How does it work?"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

The Satyr motions Lucan over. "Come, I'll show you." he takes hold of the Bard's hands, and holds them out over the holes in the waterfall. "The ice acts as natural pipes, and..." he moves Lucan's hand's up and down, and beneath his gloved fingers Lucan can feel the currents of air shifting. "..by altering the flow of the air, you can change the pitch, just like with a flute or a pipe."

It takes Lucan a few moments, but after a bit you're able to adjust the flows of air to your liking, and begin composing. Yet try as you might, the pipes seem to force every song into a minor key, and the ever-present notes of the airflows you can't reach or can't spare a hand for give the medleys you create a haunting, somber tone. It's beautiful, in a way, but a far cry from the upbeat, cheerful music Lucan is accustom to.

After a few minutes, the Satyr eyes Eltain and Pavick. "Would either of you wish to play the pipes?" he asks, arching an eyebrow.

23. - Top - End - #173

The Shepherd rubbed the length of his nose.

"No, you're right, but sometimes one causes the other."

He could have launched into saying that the quietest goat is often the loneliest, despite all bleats to the contrary, but the Feywild never struck him as a place where words of goatly wisdom were appropriate.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

Selene's eyes drop again, but it seems to Shep that she's thinking very hard on his words. As she begins to lead you across the emerald field to the other buildings of the estate, she remains silent, but at one point, when there are few others around, she casually glances up at Zyrr and Shep. "I apologize if this is forward of me, but I am curious. What will you do if the Fey go to war?"

25. - Top - End - #175

There was a weighty pause before the Shepherd spoke, chewing on his thoughts.

"I cannot speak for my dark friend here, but it seems to me that my other companions already have a side they have chosen, whether they know it yet or not. For myself..." And here the Shepherd looked up at the sky, the stretch of unending canvas painted with ethereal wisps of clouds, "I don't know. The mountain weathers conflict and tumult, taking neither side, standing tall and resolute in the face of growing chaos. And when all has been bashed and battered and bloodied, the mountain remains. Perhaps the mountain is wiser than all of them." The Shepherd pauses, a slight frown on his face. "Or perhaps the mountain never had anyone it cared about."

The Shepherd waved the thought away with the back of his hand. "But I wonder, where does this conflict put you? I am afraid I do not know the politics of the fey even slightly. Are you not a spring fey? I think that's what the Printempest family is..."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"That's good to hear. I was hoping to get here in time to have a little get-together. I wouldn't want to represent the family unprepared, after all."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

------- Shep & Zyrr ---------

Selene's eyes flash, and you hear her voice drop its meek tone. She looks directly at you sounding anything but subservient. "A Mountain may whether the storms, but at what cost? The Spring rains will erode its face. The Summer lightning storms can destroy its trees and set fire to the grass on its face. The Winter Snows can rise so high that the mountain is never visible. The mountain may endure, but is it willing to pay the price?"

As soon as the words are out of her mouth, she calms, and her eyes drop. "I'm very sorry, good sirs. It is not my place to judge your reasons. I am merely a servant to the Printempest house, and whatever their choices I will abide by them."

--------- Aramil --------------

Azula and Aramil make their way to the center of the Printempest manor, towards the quarters of Aramil's father. Before the enter, Azula stops and looks Aramil in the eye. "Cousin, before we begin these preparations, I would like to know where you stand. Your father is furious at the poisoning he suffered, and will not back away from a confrontation with the Winter Fey."

She pauses, and glances around, before motioning Aramil to sit at a nearby bench. Azula adjusts her long gown, before taking a seat next to him, and speaks in a rushed whisper. "Lord Oran is still ill, possibly beyond any recovery, and the Green Court is now under the command of the Selephra, whose views on mortals are much too similar to the Prince of Frost's for my comfort. Stobhan will not act unless the Winter Courts invade his Oceans, and Sehanine only knows how the Gloaming will split over this."

Azula's grip tightens on Aramil's arm. "If the Winter Courts have completely rallied behind the Pale Prince, that means the only Archfey who can stand against him is Tiandra herself, and I don't know if we can count on her to oppose her own son." She glances around again, before leaning close. "Quite honestly, if it comes down to war, I don't think we can win. With your sister married into the Winter Courts, we are in a perfect place to choose our side in this matter. You must convince your father not to go ahead with this plan to ignite a war that I do not think we can win."
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2011-11-20 at 06:59 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

(OOC: Wait, if we're going *down* the waterfall, and took several hours to get to it, how did we see it or anything on it?)

Eltain's breath, disturbingly enough, neither fogs nor freezes as the group descends the stairs. He listens politely to the Satyr's playing.

"No, thank you. I've little talent for instruments. I'm a vocalist, alas." He spreads his hands in a 'what can you do' gesture.

"We've come from Sigil, and the closest gate was near the top. My companions are unused to the Winter Lands, so we chose the closest portal available." He shifts uncomfortably, unsure what the Satyr's intent is.

(Further OOC: I have no idea how to approach this because I don't know if it's supposed to be some kind of 'do this right or get in trouble' trap thing or random fluff to kill time. If ya'll want to get into it, go ahead, but I'm just going to leave it be until we fast forward to getting where we're going.)
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2011-11-20 at 09:22 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick listens appreciatively to the satyr's playing and then Lucan's. "It is quite lovely, and I would love to give it a try. I love to play, you see." He pats the small flute that is tucked into his belt. "Though I must admit, I've never seen an instrument as unique as this one. However, I can see that Lucan is having trouble reaching the appropriate holes to cover. My much smaller fingers are certainly not built for an instrument of this size."
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2011-11-20 at 09:44 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

----------- Eltain, Pavick, & Lucan -----------------

The Satyr's ears droop slightly, and the decline of Eltain and Pavick. "Ah, well, suit yourself. At the very least, I'm glad to hear you're both music lovers." He looks admiringly at Pavick's flute, almost leering. After a moment, he snaps out of it. "Well, if you're headed down into the city, it's just a couple hundred cubits down."

He shakes Lucan's hand, and waves to you as you continue on your path, but as you round the bend he gives one last look at Pavick's flute. A few minutes later, you hear the air-pipes begin playing once more, as the Satyr resumes his music.

Eventually, the staircase makes a sudden turn into the ice, where a large archway has been carved, and you find yourself on the outside of the waterfall at the gates to Celanthir. From here, you can see out into the entire valley below; where the frozen river stretches on for miles until it finally disappears around another large mountain. The gates, ice-covered-steel shaped like a woman's hand, swing open as you draw near, making it look like the hand is beckoning you inside. A pair of huge polar bears flank either side of the gate, and they stare at you as you enter, but make no effort to prevent you from entering.

As you cross the threshhold into the city, it seems fairly quiet. Snow is falling lightly, but here and there you can see eladrin, pixies, satyrs, naiad and sprites going about their business. You seem to be on the middle level, amidst the shops. The current platform you're on is only 15 feet to a side, but a number of large ice bridges connect it to other platforms frozen to the waterfall. A few platforms away, you can see a large, exquisitly carved staircase leading to the upper levels, and a number of smaller staircases leading to the houses below.

OOC: You can head to the upper levels if you want to go to Certhiel's place or any of the temples. There are inns on this level, or you can also try and find lodgings with one of the residents on the lower tier of the city.