New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Dr. Who/Torchwood Question (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

So I'm currently watching both of these series on Netflix at the moment, but I'm at a dilemma. The next Dr. Who episode in my lineup synchs up with Torchwood, but, not wanting accidental Torchwood spoilers, I'm trying to catch up in Torchwood to that point. Problem is: I don't know how far I need to go to catch up in Torchwood, and I'm afraid any real amount of research on my end will give me spoilers I didn't want.

The episodes I've seen so far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In Dr. Who, the last episode I've seen is the one where Donna Noble gets attacked by a bug which makes her experience a dystopian alternate reality where she never met the Doctor and the Doctor ended up dead. Then one world disaster after another happened until Rose appeared and helped her fix things. Then there was the whole "Bad Wolf" thing everywhere, which I remembered from when Rose was still around but still never made any sense.

In Torchwood, I just finished the episode where Captain Jack Harkness and the Japanese girl go back in time to WWII-era London where they meet the real Captain Jack Harkness.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dr. Who/Torchwood Question (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Alright, so you're approaching the end of Season 4 of Doctor Who, and of Season 1 of Torchwood.

In order to not get spoiled at all, you need to watch an entire other season of Torchwood. The next episode of Doctor Who takes place after the end of Season 2 of Torchwood, and several major spoilable events happen in that season (for obvious reasons, I mean it's a whole season). It happens before "Season 3" of Torchwood, which is the "Children of Earth" miniseries.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, Torchwood Season 2 finale explains a very important aspect of the Doctor Who season 4 finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Current characters: None, looking for a game.

Homebrew!

Wow, it's been a while. Sorry for the unexplained absence!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Oh yeah, before I forget - there's also a minor spoiler for the Sarah Jane Adventures, because Season 4 of Doctor Who took place just after the end of Season 1 of SJA.

This is not a big deal if you don't watch SJA, but frankly it was a better show than Torchwood, so I say go for it.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Haven't checked out the Sarah Jane Adventures. Frankly, the only Dr. Who spinoff I knew about was Torchwood. I'll check to see if that's on Netflix as well.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Haven't checked out the Sarah Jane Adventures. Frankly, the only Dr. Who spinoff I knew about was Torchwood. I'll check to see if that's on Netflix as well.
    It's not. At least, it's not available via streaming.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.