New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

The Town of Bridle Shores

Far to the west of Canterlot, further still even from Ponyville, a quiet little town is quickly springing up near a large lake.

This is Bridle Shores, situated along a large lake with a natural beach. Not far from town is Mt. Trotia, with a waterfall that feeds into the lake. The town is surrounded by a lush forest which the ponies of the town both use and nurture with delicate balance.

A small business district has started to grow, with a bakery, Dress shop, Grill, Greenhouse, Dojo, Saw mill, snow cone stand, dance academy, and even a soda bar popping up for the citizens of the town.They are also experimenting with new technology such as Floppy Disk’s computer shack or the Doctor's friendship harnessing lab. In addition, there's a farm and a wizard's tower on the outskirts of the town.

Much of the forest is quiet and peaceful, but deeper within the forest lurks creatures far more dangerous…

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Recruitment Thread

Mane Pony Thread

OOC Thread

Locations Covered in this Thread.

Soft Serve's Soda Bar:
    Soft's Bar is her dream business. The bar exclusively serves soft drinks and has almost any drink you can think of. If she doesn't have it, she'll find a way to make it.

Mount Trotia:
    Mount Trotia is the mountain range near Bridle Shores. Ponies rarely go there and as a consequence, not much is known about them.

Public Library:
    The library is an old abandoned place that has fallen into disuse. You can probably find a book on just about anything here, and it has recently been redone. Smoothie plans on taking care of it, but would be more than willing to cede it to somepony else.

Nightclub: Description to come once it actually opens.

School: It's a school.

Karaoke club: description to come once it actually opens.

Please list which location your character is currently at to make this flow as smoothly as possible.

Soft Serve's menu. Up for editing at any time.
    Spoiler
    Show

shakes
    Blueberry shake
    Blue Raspberry shake
    Red Raspberry shake
    Blackberry shake
    Strawberry shake
    Boysenberry shake
    Mixed berry shake
    Vanillia shake
    Banana shake
    cupcake shake
    chocolate shake.
    Chocolate chip cookie dough shake
    Peppermint shake
    Cotton candy

Sodas

Coca cola
    Cherry Coke
    Dr. Pepper
    Root Beer
    Cream Soda
    Cupcake Soda
    Pepsi
    Sprite
    Orange Soda
    Grape Soda
    Strawberry Soda
    7-up
    Mountain Dew

Hot drinks

Coffee (Varieties would be nice)
    Hot cocoa

Juices

Apple Juice
    Orange Juice
    Grapefruit Juice
    Pomegranete juice
    blueberry juice
    Strawberry juice
    Strawberry kiwi Juice
    Pineapple Juice
    Blue Raspberry juice
    Red Raspberry juice
    blackberry Juice

Reality breakers

The Pinkie Pie (100% soda, 200% Hot sauce, 300% liquid awesome. Tastes like a cupcake with hot sauce. Pink colored)
    The Rainbow Dash (200% Superman ice cream shake, 200% caffeine, 500% liquid awesome. Glowing Rainbow colored.)
    The Soft Serve (100% soda, 500% sugar, 400% liquid awesome. Tastes like a good version of whatever you're in the mood for. Glowing blue colored)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

Reposting for the new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    There... um... might be a demon down there. Picture recounts his experience with the Library's ghost. But there are totally periodicals! Picture returns to happy bouncing.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

There... um... might be a demon down there. Picture recounts his experience with the Library's ghost. But there are totally periodicals! Picture returns to happy bouncing.
    "Demon?" Icy said, frowning. Her mind flashed back to that evil spellbook which dumped her in Gwyn's tower. "Right. Why do we keep demons in the basement?" she directed the question at Smoothie, as if it was nothing more than a normal occurance. Icy was steadily getting used to the town's weird antics, and somehow... things like this just doesn't faze her anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Well Sandy is paying afterall, I might just want to try each drink, regular ones of course,"
    She winked and trotted out of the back room with him.
    "Great idea! Smoothie! One of everything. Normal drinks," he called, waving at the barkeep. He gestured at Sandy. "He's paying, so don't worry."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Demon?" Icy said, frowning. Her mind flashed back to that evil spellbook which dumped her in Gwyn's tower. "Right. Why do we keep demons in the basement?" she directed the question at Smoothie, as if it was nothing more than a normal occurance. Icy was steadily getting used to the town's weird antics, and somehow... things like this just doesn't faze her anymore.

Don't look at me. I have no idea what the dragon who owned this library got up to. Gods tend to have odd hobbies. There's one who's a famous singer in Appleloosa. Smoothie says.

Yes, there really is.

"Great idea! Smoothie! One of everything. Normal drinks," he called, waving at the barkeep. He gestured at Sandy. "He's paying, so don't worry."
    Soft Serve is the Barkeep. Smoothie is the librarian.

Soft gets one of everything.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantion View Post
    Cypress almost jumped when he saw his friend come out of the back of the restaurant. "Sandy Shores!" he exclaimed, running towards the pony.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy trotted out to the front where Cypress and the Doctor were. He brightened up considerably upon seeing his pegasi friend. "Cypress! Good to see you...especially still full-grown." He eyed the small crowd of foals behind him. "I was beginning to think me and Soft were the only ponies who shrugged this age nonsense off."
    "Well, I never ran into it, if that counts." Night Jewel winked. "Unlike most of the town, I'm an all-natural filly. Anyway, Mr. Cypress, I'm Night Jewel, contraption expert and professional 'rat'. How about you?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Don't look at me. I have no idea what the dragon who owned this library got up to. Gods tend to have odd hobbies. There's one who's a famous singer in Appleloosa. Smoothie says.

Yes, there really is.
    And there's a printing press. Picture magics a trap door open. Lets go!
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

And there's a printing press. Picture magics a trap door open. Lets go!
    Why did a dragon have a printing press? Smoothie mutters to herself as she walks down into the trap door.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Why did a dragon have a printing press? Smoothie mutters to herself as she walks down into the trap door.
    Icy rolled her eyes and followed Smoothie down the trap door.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Icy rolled her eyes and followed Smoothie down the trap door.
    The room is a large empty wine cellar with the wine racks stuffed with old newspapers and magazines. About half of the racks are labeled with dates and the others are unmarked. Unlike the rest of the library this room is covered in dust and mold. The floor is mildly damp. As promised there is an aging printing press in the corner. Picture grins Observe, the periodical room!
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Yay, more cleaning up. This library is every chore I ever hated all rolled into one big ball of miserable, and then several more I'm sure were just invented to spite me, put on top like a cherry. she says, doing a light facehoof, and then proceeding to clean up the mold and get rid of the dust.

(Just a reminder, Smoothie is constantly in the process of reading the minds of ponies around her.)
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-10-22 at 12:47 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

"My beloved Silverpine...I challenge you..to a drink off of these cold drinks. First to get a brainfreeze and whine about it loses,"
    She grinned as pulls towards herself one of the cold drinks Soft got out.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Yay, more cleaning up. This library is every chore I ever hated all rolled into one big ball of miserable, and then several more I'm sure were just invented to spite me, put on top like a cherry. she says, doing a light facehoof, and then proceeding to clean up the mold and get rid of the dust.

(Just a reminder, Smoothie is constantly in the process of reading the minds of ponies around her.)
    Icy moved to help Smoothie, her mind began wandering to the date she would be having with Fox tomorrow. The image of Fox in a tuxedo and bowtie suddenly struck her, causing her to flush a little. She began cleaning up at the farthest corner in the room, hoping nopony noticed. (Fat chance. )

"My beloved Silverpine...I challenge you..to a drink off of these cold drinks. First to get a brainfreeze and whine about it loses,"
    She grinned as pulls towards herself one of the cold drinks Soft got out.
    "You're on!" he said with a grin, reaching for the cold drinks. "Bottoms up!" he declared, emptying the mug.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Icy moved to help Smoothie, her mind began wandering to the date she would be having with Fox tomorrow. The image of Fox in a tuxedo and bowtie suddenly struck her, causing her to flush a little. She began cleaning up at the farthest corner in the room, hoping nopony noticed. (Fat chance. )
    Have fun on your date tonight. Smoothie says to Icy. After cleaning up a bit she looks at the printing press.

Well, this is a library. We don't need a printing press and can't use it. I wonder if Whadda Scoops would want it. Plus, some extra money would really help out Spark. she says, thinking out load. Unless somepony can think of a reason why we need this here, I think I'm just going to sell it, or give it to somepony who needs it.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

"You're on!" he said with a grin, reaching for the cold drinks. "Bottoms up!" he declared, emptying the mug.

And so the two began their little silly challenge with neither probably not wanting to lose. At least for Gearstride I can speak for, she drank cold beverages one after the other until..she did get a brainfreeze. But she was determined not to make a peep about it despite the pain. Though really, why everything was a competition with Gearstride, I don't even know.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Well, I never ran into it, if that counts." Night Jewel winked. "Unlike most of the town, I'm an all-natural filly. Anyway, Mr. Cypress, I'm Night Jewel, contraption expert and professional 'rat'. How about you?"
    Cypress

Cypress smiled at the filly. "A rat? How does one come into that profession? I'm a scholar, by the way."

Magnolia
    Magnolia had made her choice by now. "Uncle C!" she yelled across the store. "Can I have a cupcake milkshake?"
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Have fun on your date tonight. Smoothie says to Icy. After cleaning up a bit she looks at the printing press.

Well, this is a library. We don't need a printing press and can't use it. I wonder if Whadda Scoops would want it. Plus, some extra money would really help out Spark. she says, thinking out load. Unless somepony can think of a reason why we need this here, I think I'm just going to sell it, or give it to somepony who needs it.
    Library newsletter? Besides, we could make more money over a longer time by charging for individual prints. Pictue is thinking of a vague and ill-defined newsletter. It shifts with ideas.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

And so the two began their little silly challenge with neither probably not wanting to lose. At least for Gearstride I can speak for, she drank cold beverages one after the other until..she did get a brainfreeze. But she was determined not to make a peep about it despite the pain. Though really, why everything was a competition with Gearstride, I don't even know.
    Sliverpine had his brainfreeze after his ninth drink. Unlike Gear, he wasn't really into winning, but more into the fun of it. "Youch!" he cried, as the brainfreeze hit him like a sledgehammer, forcing him to put down his tenth drink. His favourite, root beer ironically. The colt laid his head on the table, massaging his temples.

"Uh... no more..." he muttered.

Library newsletter? Besides, we could make more money over a longer time by charging for individual prints. Pictue is thinking of a vague and ill-defined newsletter. It shifts with ideas.
    "I don't think Smoothie here is looking to make money off this..." Icy commented.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight followed the others out of the back room, beginning to feel better. She took a seat next to the other foals, observing their contest with somewhat of a detached interest. She was never really into those kinds of competitions, though when dragged into one she was about as stubborn as a mule. She rubber her horn slightly, making a note to ask the doctor about it when she had a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't think Smoothie here is looking to make money off this..." Icy commented.
    Icy is right. I'm not particularly trying to make money for this, and there's nothing we could gain with a library newsletter. There's nothing in the library we need to inform people of, and I can't get any large gatherings going due to my tendency to either fall unconscious or Celestia forbid into a coma when more than a dozen or so sapient beings are in a variable radius around me. She explains. I figure I can either get some money for it, or I can give it to somepony who can actually use it, and we still might be able to gain something from it. Plus, this probably costs a decent number of bits to keep in working condition. she informs Picture book.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Sliverpine had his brainfreeze after his ninth drink. Unlike Gear, he wasn't really into winning, but more into the fun of it. "Youch!" he cried, as the brainfreeze hit him like a sledgehammer, forcing him to put down his tenth drink. His favourite, root beer ironically. The colt laid his head on the table, massaging his temples.

"Uh... no more..." he muttered.

"Ha! I win!" Cheered the filly as she downed her 11th drink in victory. Finally after holding in the pain, it just...rushed out like...like...*buffy-speak* something really hard.

And thus there were now two silly foals with painful brain freezes. They could only blame themselves, sigh.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

So, what happens to the loser of your little contest? Usually the winner gets some sort of prize, or the loser escapes some form of punishement. Soft reminds the foals.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Icy is right. I'm not particularly trying to make money for this, and there's nothing we could gain with a library newsletter. There's nothing in the library we need to inform people of, and I can't get any large gatherings going due to my tendency to either fall unconscious or Celestia forbid into a coma when more than a dozen or so sapient beings are in a variable radius around me. She explains. I figure I can either get some money for it, or I can give it to somepony who can actually use it, and we still might be able to gain something from it. Plus, this probably costs a decent number of bits to keep in working condition. she informs Picture book.
    Picture sighs, do you know any one to sell it to?
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ha! I win!" Cheered the filly as she downed her 11th drink in victory. Finally after holding in the pain, it just...rushed out like...like...*buffy-speak* something really hard.

And thus there were now two silly foals with painful brain freezes. They could only blame themselves, sigh.
    Heartflight looked at the foals with brain freeze, then back at the menu.

"Um, can I have a hot cocoa?" she asked. "With lots of whipped cream?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

So, what happens to the loser of your little contest? Usually the winner gets some sort of prize, or the loser escapes some form of punishment. Soft reminds the foals.

"I don't really know....because right now it feels like I'm losing instead,"
    She moaned still clutching her head trying to use the tongue against the roof of one's mouth to dissipate the brain freeze technique. Ooh, run on.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

So, what happens to the loser of your little contest? Usually the winner gets some sort of prize, or the loser escapes some form of punishement. Soft reminds the foals.

She moaned still clutching her head trying to use the tongue against the roof of one's mouth to dissipate the brain freeze technique. Ooh, run on.
    "Can't think... brainfreeze," Sliverpine mumbled, head resting on the table.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Bar]

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantion View Post
    Cypress smiled at the filly. "A rat? How does one come into that profession? I'm a scholar, by the way."
    "Scholar? Sounds interesting." Night Jewel nodded, and chuckled at his question. "Obviously, it's not a literal rat. It's sort of-"

She noticed what the other foals were doing and grinned. "I think you both lost, in a way."

With that, she turned back to Cypress. "Anyway, it's sort of a metaphor for the small, sly, quick types. And then you have the cats, who are bigger than rats, but still sly and quick, and then you have the foxes on top of that little hierarchy, and then you have dogs hunting them... Are you still paying attention?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

"Can't think... brainfreeze," Sliverpine mumbled, head resting on the table.

Guess you both received punishment anyway. Darn, I was really hoping to pie somepony. she says.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

A hefty yawn and some clopping into the bar annouced that Knack had finally awoken from her slumber.

"Oh dear. I could use a pick-me-up."

She did look rather dreadful...though that might be they greyness talking more than the rest of her looks.

The dark gem's anti-glowyness..ness..ness [aw you know waht I mean] was starting to gain speed in its growth, now at least a good 4 inches from the gem's surface, and spreading, as it say there doing nothing else.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [The Bar]

"Scholar? Sounds interesting." Night Jewel nodded, and chuckled at his question. "Obviously, it's not a literal rat. It's sort of-"

She noticed what the other foals were doing and grinned. "I think you both lost, in a way."

With that, she turned back to Cypress. "Anyway, it's sort of a metaphor for the small, sly, quick types. And then you have the cats, who are bigger than rats, but still sly and quick, and then you have the foxes on top of that little hierarchy, and then you have dogs hunting them... Are you still paying attention?"
    "Yes, of course," responded Cypress, "And I understand the way food chains work. How is a rat an occupation?"
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    A hefty yawn and some clopping into the bar annouced that Knack had finally awoken from her slumber.

"Oh dear. I could use a pick-me-up."

She did look rather dreadful...though that might be they greyness talking more than the rest of her looks.

Soft gets Knack a combination of Hot cocoa and some form of coffee. Hot cocoa to warm Knack up, and the coffee to help wake her up.

The dark gem's anti-glowyness..ness..ness [aw you know waht I mean] was starting to gain speed in its growth, now at least a good 4 inches from the gem's surface, and spreading, as it say there doing nothing else.
    Smoothie looks at the gem and nudges it, examining what the problem with it was. Naturally, she nudges it with something NOT attached to her body.