New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default The Nest/K's Forest VI: Please Refer Inquiries on the Virtual Intelligence to Megan

This is a meta location, to prevent Home from being flooded.

Current Events

None.

The Nest

The Nest is a converted hotel in the Red Zone. It currently houses Rael Kairos, a 300 year old vampire, a large number of strange lifeforms he's created, and a couple of dozen other vampires that he's made, including Karyana. All of those are mine. Beans controls Zwei, formerly a stitchy undead deathknight, but now resurrected. Technoscrabble is pretty much in control of the Tire Geal here, although technically they're my characters. Mindfreak has Jimmy, a crazy guy that Rael has turned into a vampire.

The Nest also contains one of two permanent access points to K's Forest, the other being in Karyana's room in HALO.

Players: C'nor, Technoscrabble, Beans, Mindfreak

Frequently Used Locations:

The Roof:

This is exactly what the name says. Mainly notable because Ashley had taken up residence there before she left.

It also contains the only known permanent access to Ashley's Dimension, though that's been sealed off by the mage.

More locations later.

K's Forest

K's Forest is a formerly blank dimension that imprinted on Karyana. She then imprinted it on Zwei and Ashley, though Ashley has recently been removed from the list of

Locations of note within will be added later, but include the Moor, the Crystal Grove, and the City.

Players: C'nor, Beans

Ashley's Dimension

Sealed off. Direct inquiries to Rotting Baron.

Notes

Any players with their own location in this thread should post the description they want to go in the OP here or in the OOC thread.

Please post suggestions for an alternate subtitle here or in the Nexus OOC thread.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Nest/K's Forest VI: Please Refer Inquiries on the Virtual Intelligence to Meg

Lab

Fire? Thal doesn't really know what he thinks about fire. He's never really seen it first-hand, only in memories of his brothers raiding Inside. He knows it burns, yet Lorry has assured him there won't be burning.

But really he's just so excited by the prospect of seeing a new world, somewhere outside of the cramped, boring Excelsior barracks that a world with fire sounds as good as anywhere else. "Sure! Sounds great!"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Nest/K's Forest VI: Please Refer Inquiries on the Virtual Intelligence to Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Gaunts]
    'M okay...
    She shrugs.
    ---
    [Forest --> Glacier]
    Off they all go!

[Gaunts]

"Good... How are your various injuries healing?"

[Glacier]

And, so, they arrive! Karyana seems content to simply sit there and watch the aurora, though it might be a bit cold for the non-undead members of the group.

[Workshop -> Aemnosplain]

In that case, the three will likely end up teleported to a building made entirely of lava, save for the floor, which is some sort of glassy substance over yet more molten rock. Though oddly, the atmosphere itself isn't all that hot, though it is certainly warm.

His companions are, naturally enough, both in large bubbles of saltwater.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gaunts]
    They're good...
    ---
    [Glacier]
    Tsiln seems rather cold, as does Zwei...
    They're happy though.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5

Aemnosplain

"Whoa."

Not really much else to say. A building made of obsidian and molten magma? That's pretty darn awe inspiring. And also very much metal.

"What's this place for? Is it a forge or something?" Thal can't exactly imagine this place is used for a holiday home after all, and what with having to be super-ultra-extra careful not to touch the walls it wouldn't be much good for storing Rael's experiments.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-05-06 at 06:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Computer!
    The server Megan installed long ago whirls into motion as it begins to process a cross-dimension phone call direct to the computer!

The computer itself begins beeping loudly, and the screen shows that someone is trying to contact Karyana...
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gaunts]

Kiatili smiles at her.

"I'm glad... You told the Oracle about the restrictions on you for now, right?"

[Glacier]

In that case, Karyana tries to put a wing around her wife and the daemon, hopefully functioning similarly to blankets, and pull them up against her, increasing her body heat as she does.

[Aemnosplain]

Well, it was intended to be a diamond-ish floor, so that it looked like one was actually standing on the lava. But obsidian is still quite in-keeping with the theme of the place, so that works too.

"Nah. It's mostly just an experiment in world creation. Karyana figured that seeing if she could make fire that won't burn you wasn't a bad idea for a vampire. That, and it was fun, of course."

[Computer!]

Meanwhile, a plotclone of Karyana warps to the computer, and answers the phone!
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-05-06 at 09:24 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gaunts]
    She nods silently.
    ---
    [Glacier]
    They snuggle close gratefully.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

Aemnosplain

Ah. I had assumed it was obsidian 'cause you just said it was a "glassy substance" and my mind went Lava + Crystal = Obsidian.

"Somebody actually made this place? How? Do you guys have a world-makin' machine?!" Thal really hopes they've got a world-making machine hanging around.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gaunts]

"Thanks... What did she think about the hunting in pairs thing?"

[Glacier]

Karyana smiles happily, snuggling up to them as well.

"Are you two good for now, or should I bring in some actual blankets and such?"

[Aemnosplain]

It was a reasonable assumption, yes. And it might actually be a form of obsidian in the one with a clear floor too, now that I think about it... I have a piece of a specific type of obsidian that's clear, save for a mild tint.

"You know how some things
    will imprint on the first thing they see after birth? Karyana had a friend find her a blank dimension, and they do that too..."

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Computer!][/B]

Meanwhile, a plotclone of Karyana warps to the computer, and answers the phone!
    Computer!
    Oh hey! It seems that Megan is on the other end!
    Which is apparent because when Karyana answers it, Megan's face appears on the screen.
    "Oh hey Karyana! I was just phoning in to let you know I was planning on visiting Aseti today and that I'd be doing some maintenance on your computer while I'm there."
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Computer!
    Oh hey! It seems that Megan is on the other end!
    Which is apparent because when Karyana answers it, Megan's face appears on the screen.
    "Oh hey Karyana! I was just phoning in to let you know I was planning on visiting Aseti today and that I'd be doing some maintenance on your computer while I'm there."
    Well. That's awkward. Karyana was under the impression that Aseti and Megan were no longer together, and had thus brought her into the... Complexity would probably be the best term... that she has with Tsiln, Zwei and Paisley. But the fact that Megan is coming specifically to see Aseti, rather than her and anyone else that the clone knows in the Forest, would tend to imply that that's not the case. Which is probably the reason why the vampire looks rather startled for a moment, and sounds somewhat nervous when she replies.

"Hey Megan... Thanks for letting me know. I'll make sure that no-one bothers you while you're working. But could we talk for a bit when you get here, if you've got time? Preferably before you see Aseti?"

13. - Top - End - #13

Computer!
    Megan raises an eyebrow in surprise.
    "If you don't mind, I was planning on coming over right now. So we can talk now if you could teleport me in. Opening a portal over here isn't very...energy efficient."
    ((Beans was trying to PM you but your box is full...))
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

((Yes I am, and my message was:
    I was wondering if Aseti's relationship with Karyana and Zwei could be retconned to staying platonic so as to avert the problem continuing.
    ))
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Computer!
    Megan raises an eyebrow in surprise.
    "If you don't mind, I was planning on coming over right now. So we can talk now if you could teleport me in. Opening a portal over here isn't very...energy efficient."
    ((Beans was trying to PM you but your box is full...))
    ((Message recieved. Response sent. I'll wait to post here until I know what exactly is going on with that.))

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

((Retcon punch.
    Aseti sleeping around? Nope, never heard of that.
    As you were, gentlemen.))
    This post is not an all-IC post because there's a moth and Aseti has just eaten it in her sleep.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

Aemnosplain

"Oh, cool." Not as cool as getting to mess around with a world-making machine would have been, but still pretty cool.

"So... What do you two do around here?" Everyone else he's met or heard about here has been a scientist of one sort or another, but the twins don't seem sciency at all.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gaunts]
    "Hunting in pairs works."
    She nods, shrugging.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Aemnosplain

"Oh, cool." Not as cool as getting to mess around with a world-making machine would have been, but still pretty cool.

"So... What do you two do around here?" Everyone else he's met or heard about here has been a scientist of one sort or another, but the twins don't seem sciency at all.
    "We act as designers for new forms of life," Selka explains, shrugging. "And we also help to keep out visitors who would cause problems, keep the residents sane, things like that."

So they are sort of sciency, apparently. Just not as obviously as the rest of the people. Though admittedly, I don't think the Quill Wolves and D'Lattu that they met were really scientific in any obvious way, other than the fact that the humanoid members of the group were using laser rifles and power. armor
    [Gaunts]
    "Hunting in pairs works."
    She nods, shrugging.

[Gaunts]

"Sorry about yelling at you, by the way... I think I overreacted a bit there, even if it did work."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-05-09 at 04:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

K's Forest
    Woosh!
    Megan is teleported into Karyana's Forest, near the computer.
    Where she will immediately get to doing the tune-ups.
    Business first, fun second.
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gaunts]
    Theia stays quiet, nodding.
    ---
    [Forest]
    Aseti sees her and comes trotting over... but realizes that Megan is working and holds herself back with tremendous effort.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gaunts]

Kilari stays quiet as well, though she seems pleased about how things have worked out.

Aira, meanwhile, goes to pull Mela into her lap.

[Glacier]

Karyana smiles, nestling against Zwei and Tsiln.

"Is this warm enough? I could bring in some blankets or something if you're still cold..."

23. - Top - End - #23

[Forest]
    Aseti sees her and comes trotting over... but realizes that Megan is working and holds herself back with tremendous effort.
    Forest
    Megan happens to turn her head and see her.
    "Aseti?"
    Aseti may very well find herself being presented with flowers! Roses to be exact.
    "I'm so sorry for being so busy at the lab...I was working on a major project..."
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest]
    Aseti practically explodes toward Megan like a depleted uranium slug from a gauss rifle; the coyote girl hugs her tightly.
    HI MEGGY GUESS WHAT I'M NEVER LETTING YOU LEAVE AGAIN AM I SUPPOSED TO EAT THESE.
    She points to the roses at that last thing; she's so happy to see Megan that her brain hasn't had time to get in on all this and do anything about it.
    ---
    [Gaunts]
    Mela snuggles!
    ---
    Theia is silent for a long while.
    ---
    [Glacier]
    They snuggle close.
    We're alright...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gaunts]

Aira smiles, singing softly.

-----

Eventually, Kilari decides to break the silence, though she's still quiet.

"Something on your mind?"

-----

[Glacier]

"Good... How were things going for you before you came to stay with us, anyway?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gaunts]
    Mela sighs and closes her eyes.
    ---
    Theia shakes her head silently.
    ---
    [Glacier]
    I was alright, missed you a bit...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

[Forest]
    Aseti practically explodes toward Megan like a depleted uranium slug from a gauss rifle; the coyote girl hugs her tightly.
    HI MEGGY GUESS WHAT I'M NEVER LETTING YOU LEAVE AGAIN AM I SUPPOSED TO EAT THESE.
    She points to the roses at that last thing; she's so happy to see Megan that her brain hasn't had time to get in on all this and do anything about it.
    Forest
    Megan hugs Aseti back tightly as well.
    "I wouldn't be adverse to not leaving for a while...with the current project being finished I have a week off..." she said with a grin.
    "And no, you're not supposed to eat them. They're beautiful flowers for my beautiful lady."
    And to help Aseti forget about the week of no Megan too... >.>
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gaunts]

Since Mela seems to enjoy being sung to, Aira moves on to another song, stroking the Flyer's wings.

--------

"You just prefer quiet, then? All right..."

With that, Kilari, unless Theia has anything to say, or something of the sort, lapses into silence again, content to simply sit with her friend for now.

--------

[Glacier]

"I missed you too. But I'm glad you were doing well... I heard there's another Execuloth in HALO now. Do you know anything about that?"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gaunts]
    Theia sits silently, not wanting to talk and relishing the silence.
    ---
    [Glacier]
    Oh, I heard but I haven't met her.
    ---
    [Forest]
    Aseti giggles and snuggles close.
    Aawwwwwww, kiiiiitty.
    She pets Megan's ears, grinning.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

[Forest]
    Aseti giggles and snuggles close.
    Aawwwwwww, kiiiiitty.
    She pets Megan's ears, grinning.
    Forest
    Megan purrs.
    "Not that I hate the attention, but I'm almost done with the tune ups and updates on Karyana's computer."
    "Meet you in your room in 20 minutes?"
    she said a bit hopefully.
    She wanted to know what Aseti has been doing since she last saw her!
    Busy with Life