New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    She took a deep breath and heavily sigh. "I'd rather you did endanger yourself by going down to the Bar, but I get the feeling you're not the sort who's going to listen to my warning..." She wanly smiled and shook her head. "Very well."
    (She'd rather he did endanger himself? Wow, what a meanie-pants. )

Sandy shook her hoof firmly. "I appreciate the concern, ma'am, but the evacuees need the worry more than I do. I can handle myself just fine." His business concluded, it was high time he left the mare to her maps and small army of orange-vested volunteers. He trotted out, but not before giving her a little salute. "Thank you. You've been a big help here, ma'am." With that, he took off into the night sky in the direction of the bar, trying to quell the rising apprehension in his gut.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    (She'd rather he did endanger himself? Wow, what a meanie-pants. )

Sandy shook her hoof firmly. "I appreciate the concern, ma'am, but the evacuees need the worry more than I do. I can handle myself just fine." His business concluded, it was high time he left the mare to her maps and small army of orange-vested volunteers. He trotted out, but not before giving her a little salute. "Thank you. You've been a big help here, ma'am." With that, he took off into the night sky in the direction of the bar, trying to quell the rising apprehension in his gut.
    (Yes. No. Yes. I mean...let's just add it to Benson's increasing list of typos xD)

As Sandy left the mare tiredly smiled and whispered 'Good luck...' as she returned to doing whatever it was she was doing before.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy - Disbarred]

After a few minutes of swift flying, Sandy landed with a *poomf* in front of Soft's bar. The volunteers, true to the mare's word, had let him through without a fuss. From the outside, the bar seemed intact; a good sign for sure. Nopony at the front desk though. Shouldn't somepony at least be here to keep an eye on Simmer? he wondered. Heart pounding, Sandy tried the front door. If it was unlocked (and Amish can't remember if it was or not) he'd carefully (and silently) trot inside, listening for sounds of metal clanking or evil laughter. For hilarity's sake, he somehow arrived at the exact time when Simmer was left speechless by the Gender-Bender spell and Gwyn and Smoothie were just laughing (relatively) quietly.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-02-05 at 12:20 PM.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy - Disbarred]

After a few minutes of swift flying, Sandy landed with a *poomf* in front of Soft's bar. The volunteers, true to the mare's word, had let him through without a fuss. From the outside, the bar seemed intact; a good sign for sure. Nopony at the front desk though. Shouldn't somepony at least be here to keep an eye on Simmer? he wondered. Heart pounding, Sandy tried the front door. If it was unlocked (and Amish can't remember if it was or not) he'd carefully (and silently) trot inside, listening for sounds of metal clanking or evil laughter. For hilarity's sake, he somehow arrived at the exact time when Simmer was left speechless by the Gender-Bender spell and Gwyn and Smoothie were just laughing (relatively) quietly.
    Smoothie is finding it hard not to giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    As Gwyn looked up and at Smoothie, she would notice that the dark 'beam' still seemed to have some residual energy, and had 'bounced' off of her shield and, just now, hit Smoothie right in the back.

For Smoothie...it was cold...so cold. It seeped into her very bones, her mind, and even her magic felt frozen for a moment...and then it was all gone.

"Ah. Well, not exactly what I was going for, but I'll take it."

The gem was 'glowing' once again, only this time, the darkness was flowing away from it slowly and forming a blob next to Simmer. As they watched, is became the shape of another pony...another suit of armor, only this one looked just like Smoothie would if she wore such a thing.

"Say hello to your armor twin. She has all your powers, all your spells, and most deliciously, none or your physical weaknesses. Now...clone, do my bidding! Use your most...demeaning spell, and show me your power!"

The armor clone, now fully formed, armor horn included, did just that...and with a flash of a spell...nothing happened to Smoothie or Gwyn. Simmer, on the other hand, looked slimmer and quite feminine.

"Well? What are you waitin.....what the...what have you done!?!"

Simmer's voice had gotten much higher, and lost much of it's metallic ring. He'd been hit with Smoothie's infamous Gender Bender spell!
    "Hey, Simmerette, when I destroy that pathetic clone of myself, can I keep the armor? It looks kinda cool." she says, trying to taunt him.

In the meantime, she'd be trying to probe Simmer's mind, and the mind of the other consciousness for any information regarding him. Anything at all she could use against him. She wasn't sure it would actually work, but it was worth a shot.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Smoothie is finding it hard not to giggle.

"Hey, Simmerette, when I destroy that pathetic clone of myself, can I keep the armor? It looks kinda cool." she says, trying to taunt him.

In the meantime, she'd be trying to probe Simmer's mind, and the mind of the other consciousness for any information regarding him. Anything at all she could use against him. She wasn't sure it would actually work, but it was worth a shot.
    "WHAT?!? I am Simmer. SIMMER. The Steel STALLION! How DARE you call me that!"

And despite...her...attempts to lower her voice, she failed miserably, and even had a little whine to it!

And through all this, she penetrated beyond Simmer into the second conciousness....and was met with a vision where she saw a white pony with the cutie mark of a shield in front of a sword, and a sun/moon combination on the shield. He was big too. As big as Simmer, and in front of him was the very armor that Simmer now occupied, though it looked more gallant than evil here.

The pony was speaking, though he sounded far off at first...as if he was down a long tunnel. But as it came clear, he sounded worried.

"...mare over and over. The same one...where I'm a young foal and I've been shaved of my hair, standing before the whole town. That...is what Simmer was born from...and he hates it."

He was looking right at...well, Smoothie, if looking at her were possible in a mental contact like this.

"He has a weakness...caring. He, the Steel Stallion, must be shown by somepony real, true caring for his well being... he will no longer be Simmer...but Summer, the Stallion of the Sun. I'm sorry I can't be of more help...but if you remind him of his origin, he will leave for at least a short time...hopefully long enough to find somepony that can care for such a horrid pony such as Simmer....good luck."

And the vision vanished, as Simmer locked Garion away again.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

Smoothie breaks down in laughter again. "Oh Geez. So you're the incarnation of Garion's Nightmare that he'd gone bald?" she can barely contain herself. "My good dreams are worse than that." she says as her horn starts glowing.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Troll in the Playground

Most of the moment loses its humor after Simmerette starts on its exposition that Gwynfillion is capable of hearing since apparently Simmer/Garion is speaking out loud the same its showing the vision to Smoothie. Without the visuals for Gwynfillion she isn't able to get the whole picture, lame joke intended.

She can only lay there fallen on the ground with a 'bhwuh?' expression as the scene occurs.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy's ears perked up at the commotion; one...no, two voices. And one just claimed to be...

Oh no. No no no no no no no...

Sandy galloped for the back room; no time for stealth when there were innocent ponies at risk. He reached the backroom door, and it took all his willpower not to kick it open. Rule #1: Nopony, especially monstrous ponies, appreciated surprises in high-stress situations. Especially loud surprises. He opened the door, and couldn't suppress a gasp at what lay before him. Simmer, fully activated, and...looking a lot slimmer than he remembered. And ladylike? Focus, Shores. You have a job to do here.

He deliberately straightened himself up, tried his very hardest to keep his knees and wings from shaking, and gave the collected company a simple nod and short greeting. "Evenin'."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-02-05 at 09:47 PM.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Pixie in the Playground

"Oh you little twerp!!! I'll have YOU encassed in glass for that...once I'm back to normal that is. Clone, FIX THIS, you brainless dolt!"

The clone's own horn glowed brightly, and Simmer was back to being, well, Simmer.

"Much much better...now...I think I shall take my leave...for now. And when I return, I shall enslave you all for the Dark Powers!"

His own gem began to glow, the darkness juuuust beginning to wrap him in it's shroud, perhaps a teleportation spell of his own?

10. - Top - End - #580
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion briefly paid attention to when the odd albino pegasus pirate just walked inside. However her focus was returned to Simmer who was teleporting away.

There was also the armored Smoothie clone to deal with. Great.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh you little twerp!!! I'll have YOU encassed in glass for that...once I'm back to normal that is. Clone, FIX THIS, you brainless dolt!"

The clone's own horn glowed brightly, and Simmer was back to being, well, Simmer.

"Much much better...now...I think I shall take my leave...for now. And when I return, I shall enslave you all for the Dark Powers!"

His own gem began to glow, the darkness juuuust beginning to wrap him in it's shroud, perhaps a teleportation spell of his own?
    Unfortunately for him, at that moment, a comedically large boulder appeared over Smoothie's metal clone.

You know how they say when you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail? Well Smoothie has a sledgehammer, and her clone is about to be pounded into mush.

She hits the clone with the giant rock several times, attempting to flatten it like a pancake. She could always rework the armor later.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Pixie in the Playground

"Bah! I wash my hooves of you, you brainless clone!"

And with that, Simmer vanished in a cliche puff of smoke...evil laugh included.

The clone, on the other and, just stood there and let the boulder hit it...which seemed to have no affect other than pushing it further into the flooring...and then into the ground underneath...but not one dent, not one scratch, not even a little warping in the metal.

The clone seemed fine with this. Guess when Simmer said brainless, he wasn't far off.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

The clone, on the other and, just stood there and let the boulder hit it...which seemed to have no affect other than pushing it further into the flooring...and then into the ground underneath...but not one dent, not one scratch, not even a little warping in the metal.

The clone seemed fine with this. Guess when Simmer said brainless, he wasn't far off.
    Smoothie sighed.

"I get cartoony for once as per my sister's suggestion, and what does it get me? I have to fix the floor now, and it doesn't work as well as a half-way decent lightning bolt." she drops the boulder one last time and just fires a lightning bolt at the clone.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

And here we have a classical disadvantage of the non-surprising entrance; nopony seems to notice you. As Simmer poofed away into nothingness, Sandy cried out, "Wait!" but the monster was already gone. Sandy stomped his hoof in frustration. Simmer had gotten away. No telling what sort of damage he could do in the meanwhile. He'd have to get word back-

*CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG ZAPZAPZAPZAP*

Smoothie's incessant whacking and zapping brought him back to the Bar. Right; had to make sure all was well here first. He trotted over to the pair of unicorns, taking care to remain out of the line of fire. "I heard about the evacuation and came over as quick as I could. Sorry that wasn't fast enough, apparently. You two okay?" he asked, offering Gwyn a hoof to help her up.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-02-05 at 11:24 PM.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion-The Bar

Gwynfillion looked away from the strange pegasus' hoof. She could get up but she didn't want to, sulking and angsting on the inside about her foalish actions seemed choice right now. "No....I'm not okay....t-this...this is my fault....and now Simmer plans to enslave you all..." her thoughts went to Grills as she burrowed her face to hide an errant tear.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Pixie in the Playground

The armor fell over and fell apart from the lightning strike, the pieces scattering onto the floor into the ensemble that would easily be able to be put back on. Though now, instead of having the same colors as Simmer, it was almost bleach white...though it still had the shine of metal. Whatever kind of metal this was, it was most certainly not something normal.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

Gwynfillion-The Bar

Gwynfillion looked away from the strange pegasus' hoof. She could get up but she didn't want to, sulking and angsting on the inside about her foalish actions seemed choice right now. "No....I'm not okay....t-this...this is my fault....and now Simmer plans to enslave you all..." her thoughts went to Grills as she burrowed her face to hide an errant tear.
    Sandy felt a flash of anger at the mare. It's her fault Simmer got out?! Why would she do such a thing? Doesn't she care about any of the ponies in this town? But seeing her miserable and full of regret, he softened just as quickly. He withdrew his hoof and knelt down to get on her level. "Hey now, he hasn't won yet, has he? We're not doomed or nothin', not by a long shot." He wanly smiled at the downcast mare.

EDIT: (Derrrrrrp, got ninja'd while I was working this out. Is it alright if this just happens before Gwyn comments on the armor?)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-02-07 at 11:18 AM.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy felt a flash of anger at the mare. It's her fault Simmer got out?! Why would she do such a thing? Doesn't she care about any of the ponies in this town? But seeing her miserable and full of regret, he softened just as quickly. He withdrew his hoof and knelt down to get on her level. "Hey now, he hasn't won yet, has he? We're not doomed or nothin', not by a long shot." He wanly smiled at the downcast mare.
    [Deleted, it was a standalone throw away post anyway ;)]

She turned her head and glanced at the stranger and held her hooves tucked against her body. She then lowered her head trying to make herself small. "You're far too enthusiastic than you ought to be right now..."

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

[Deleted, it was a standalone throw away post anyway ;)]

She turned her head and glanced at the stranger and held her hooves tucked against her body. She then lowered her head trying to make herself small. "You're far too enthusiastic than you ought to be right now..."
    Sandy just shrugged. "Beats runnin' around in a panic or rollin' over and giving up." Not to mention I'm scared witless, but that's probably not a good thing to mention right now. he silently added. His wings were still twitching with the nervous energy he'd psyched himself up with on the flight over.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

Smoothie goes over to examine the odd armor.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy just shrugged. "Beats runnin' around in a panic or rollin' over and giving up." Not to mention I'm scared witless, but that's probably not a good thing to mention right now. he silently added. His wings were still twitching with the nervous energy he'd psyched himself up with on the flight over.
    Gwynfillion glanced away, her anti social tendencies creeping in. "Yea...but you weren't the one responsible for unleashing a great evil unto the world. I think I'm going to have a different perspective than you." Her snark creeping in too.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

Gwynfillion glanced away, her anti social tendencies creeping in. "Yea...but you weren't the one responsible for unleashing a great evil unto the world. I think I'm going to have a different perspective than you." Her snark creeping in too.
    Sandy withdrew slightly from her minor snark. "Sorry, I didn't mean to imply anythin'. I more meant there's better we can be doin' than sittin' around here talkin'." As much as he would have loved to stay and chat and help her through the post-monster-releasing funk, there was the matter of the monster on the loose to deal with. Preparations would have to made, and the sooner word got out, the better. And seeing how he was on the verge of conking out for the night, some assistance wouldn't hurt. He got to his hooves, again offering Gwyn a hoof if she needed one. "If you've got it in you, I could use a hoof gettin' things ready for when he comes back."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-02-07 at 04:18 PM.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Pixie in the Playground

The armor was, to say the least, lifeless and had no residual magic held within it. Besides being bleach white, and the perfect shape for Smoothie, there was really nothing obviously special about it.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

The armor was, to say the least, lifeless and had no residual magic held within it. Besides being bleach white, and the perfect shape for Smoothie, there was really nothing obviously special about it.
    Smoothie puts it away in her little pocket dimension. It could be useful later, but right now she didn't know what it was, or what it was capable of.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy withdrew slightly from her minor snark. "Sorry, I didn't mean to imply anythin'. I more meant there's better we can be doin' than sittin' around here talkin'." As much as he would have loved to stay and chat and help her through the post-monster-releasing funk, there was the matter of the monster on the loose to deal with. Preparations would have to made, and the sooner word got out, the better. And seeing how he was on the verge of conking out for the night, some assistance wouldn't hurt. He got to his hooves, again offering Gwyn a hoof if she needed one. "If you've got it in you, I could use a hoof gettin' things ready for when he comes back."
    She glanced at his hoof again and swapped it away with a hard frown. She mustered her strength and lifted herself up, as if she would accept help from a colt...or a very small stallion, either way. Heck, she was on the slightly short side for a mare and he was still smaller than her, it was an insult to the remains of her pride

She put on her mask of a scowl and glower, it was one she was most comfortable in. "He did seem to show a considerable weakness to electricity..."
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-02-07 at 07:12 PM.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

She glanced at his hoof again and swapped it away with a hard frown. She mustered her strength and lifted herself up, as if she would accept help from a colt...or a very small stallion, either way. Heck, she was on the slightly short side for a mare and he was still smaller than her, it was an instead to the remains of her pride

She put on her mask of a scowl and glower, it was one she was most comfortable in. "He did seem to show a considerable weakness to electricity..."
    Sandy didn't react much to getting his hoof slapped. To be honest, he should've seen that one coming. Must be rustier than he thought.

"Aye, it dropped that little one in a shot. That'll probably be our best bet for keepin' the area around Simmer clear." He rubbed a hoof on his forehead, collected his thoughts, and turned to both Smoothie and Gwyn. "Did you learn anything else about Simmer before I showed up? Anything at all?"

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

She looked up softening up her scowl and glower just a bit. "His gemstone....Majority of his power comes from that dang gemstone."
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-02-07 at 10:32 PM.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy didn't react much to getting his hoof slapped. To be honest, he should've seen that one coming. Must be rustier than he thought.

"Aye, it dropped that little one in a shot. That'll probably be our best bet for keepin' the area around Simmer clear." He rubbed a hoof on his forehead, collected his thoughts, and turned to both Smoothie and Gwyn. "Did you learn anything else about Simmer before I showed up? Anything at all?"
    "Well, do you want the good news or the bad news first?"

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    "Well, do you want the good news or the bad news first?"
    Why did it always have to have bad news involved? Just once, he'd like it to be the "good news and even better news". "The bad news first." Sandy said with a wince.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

Why did it always have to have bad news involved? Just once, he'd like it to be the "good news and even better news". "The bad news first." Sandy said with a wince.
    "Defeating Simmer is going to be really hard. The good news is, I at least know how." She says to Sandy quite simply.