New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    "Defeating Simmer is going to be really hard. The good news is, I at least know how." She says to Sandy quite simply.
    Well that wasn't all that bad. More like 'news he already expected' more than anything, really. "Go on..." Sandy said, intrigued.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-02-07 at 10:50 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Well that wasn't all that bad. More like 'news he already expected' more than anything, really. "Go on..." Sandy said, intrigued.
    "Somepony has to show legitimate concern for Simmer. He has to be shown real, true caring for his well being. And I mean Simmer, the Nightmare thing, not Garion the pony trapped in him." Smoothie says, not liking the odds of that happening.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

"Somepony has to show legitimate concern for Simmer. He has to be shown real, true caring for his well being. And I mean Simmer, the Nightmare thing, not Garion the pony trapped in him." Smoothie says, not liking the odds of that happening.
    Sandy breathed a sigh of relief tinged with nervousness. "That's it? I thought we were going to have to fight him or somethin', but that's not...so bad." He nodded to Smoothie before his nerves got the better of him. "You've found your 'somepony'; I'll do it."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-02-07 at 11:49 PM.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion just had a silent 'bhwuh' reaction. "You idiot, as if he'd even let a pony near him without trying to strike them down. You sound like he'll just let you waltz up to him and let you hug his 'problems' away with just a clop of a hoof."

5. - Top - End - #605
    Pixie in the Playground

"Not to mention it wouldn't be genuine."

Knack stood in the doorway, her strange eyes staring at where Simmer had stood.

"I doubt if you did manage to hug him, that it would do anything. He'd probably give you a dirty look and kick you to the dirt."

She looked tired, and back to her pony self, no longer the big strange bipedal creature her costume had turned her into.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post

"I doubt if you did manage to hug him, that it would do anything. He'd probably give you a dirty look and kick you to the dirt."

She looked tired, and back to her pony self, no longer the big strange bipedal creature her costume had turned her into.

"Any Bright ideas then Knack?" Smoothie asks her sister's fillyfriend.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gwynfillion just had a silent 'bhwuh' reaction. "You idiot, as if he'd even let a pony near him without trying to strike them down. You sound like he'll just let you waltz up to him and let you hug his 'problems' away with just a clop of a hoof."
    Sandy awkwardly scratched at his mane. "Uh, no, I wasn't really plannin' on huggin' him, I was more thinkin'-"

"Well of course it wouldn't be genuine, but I never actually said I was going to-"

"Any Bright ideas then Knack?" Smoothie asks her sister's fillyfriend.
    Sandy sighed internally, patiently waited for Knack to say her piece, and secretly dreamed of a world where somepony would finally take him seriously. He'd probably have to grow a few inches first...

8. - Top - End - #608
    Pixie in the Playground

"One that would involve tricking somepony...and I don't want to do that. It'd be downright wrong...and we'd be no better than him. No...somepony has to genuinely care for him, and I won't trick nopony into doing that."

She looked over at Sandy.

"No offense to you though, but when it comes to magic, as my teacher taught me, when certain conditions must be met on an emtional level, like caring, it must be genuine, or the spell trigger won't recognize it."

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

"One that would involve tricking somepony...and I don't want to do that. It'd be downright wrong...and we'd be no better than him. No...somepony has to genuinely care for him, and I won't trick nopony into doing that."
    Sandy agreed. He could guess what the plan had been, and it would've been far too risky for anypony involved anyhow.

She looked over at Sandy.

"No offense to you though, but when it comes to magic, as my teacher taught me, when certain conditions must be met on an emtional level, like caring, it must be genuine, or the spell trigger won't recognize it."
    Sandy waved off her apology. "None taken, I know what you're talking about. But like I was tryin' to say, I wasn't exactly plannin' on giving him a big hug and tellin' him I thought he was special. I was thinking more along the lines of, well, has anypony tried just talkin' to him? Try to figure out a bit more about him other than 'giant armor nightmare pony'?"

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

"Probably not. We could give it a shot." Smoothie says, shrugging. "Right now, I'm going to go make sure the town is properly evacuated."

Smoothie runs out the door, and meets Soft.

"Soft, get out of town, go to Ponyville, go to the Civic Center, do anything, just get out." Smoothie says, intending to run to warn others, but she's stopped by Soft who demands an explanation.

Smoothie explains the Situation.

That is probably the palest Silvermane has ever seen Soft.

"umm.....Sorry Silvermane. I have to get going. I'm too worried about Hullaballoo to stay here. I'll probably be back in a couple of days once things have blown over." Soft says, before her horn starts glowing and her and Hullabaloo disappear.

Unless Stopped by Silvermane, Smoothie will move on.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Pixie in the Playground

"For now...I think we should help make sure everypony will be safe. Somepony should contact the royal sisters about this."

12. - Top - End - #612
    Troll in the Playground

NPC MEEP Pony

There was a pegasus MEEP pony stationed outside the bar and turned around when she heard Smoothie, the pony who had alerted MEEP about Simmer. She approached Smoothie and acknowledged the other two with a nod.

"Miss Smoothie, is there any new word on the Situation? Should I go now to inform the ponies in the Civic Center on what's going on? I wager many are getting restless being out of the loop like they are."

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

NPC MEEP Pony

There was a pegasus MEEP pony stationed outside the bar and turned around when she heard Smoothie, the pony who had alerted MEEP about Simmer. She approached Smoothie and acknowledged the other two with a nod.

"Miss Smoothie, is there any new word on the Situation? Should I go now to inform the ponies in the Civic Center on what's going on? I wager many are getting restless being out of the loop like they are."
    "The Situation has officially gotten grave. He's out." Smoothie says to the MEEP pony. "Try to get as many unicorns as possible to put extra shields up. The Civic Center is by far the safest area in Bridle Shores right now, and with the entire town helping, it'll be even safer." Smoothie explains. "I'm going to look for any stragglers, and try to convince them to get to the Center soon." she says.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Troll in the Playground

MEEP Pony
    "Aye ma'am," She said to the much younger pony. She smartly saluted her with a face that read 'serious business' before flapping her wings as she flew off to the General thread.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

"For now...I think we should help make sure everypony will be safe. Somepony should contact the royal sisters about this."
    Sandy rubbed his eyes. He'd almost forgotten how late it was. "Agreed; keepin' everypony safe should be our first worry. As for the princesses..." He bit his lip nervously as he sorted through his thoughts, trying to pluck out the right way to voice them. Eventually, he sighed and started rummaging through his pockets. At this point, secrecy would be doing them far more harm than good. The pegasus plucked out a piece of metal and held it out for all to see; a badge bearing Princess Luna's cutie mark, with two eyes surrounding the crescent moon and his name, "Sandy Shores", neatly engraved below.

"I'll explain everything later, but long story short, I just need to get back to my place and I can contact the princesses from there. Can either of you two teleport?" he asked the remaining unicorns.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-02-09 at 10:14 AM.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Pixie in the Playground

Knack tilted her head at the badge.

"That looks alot like Princess Luna's cutie mark. Are you one of her guards?"

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

Knack tilted her head at the badge.

"That looks a lot like Princess Luna's cutie mark. Are you one of her guards?"

Sandy half-shrugged as he pocketed the badge. "It's...more like I work directly for the Princess on certain things. Like I said; I'll explain later once we make sure everypony's safe. I got a way to directly contact Princess Luna back at my place, but that's all the way over by the beach." He gave them both the exact location of his house. From their spot outside the bar, it would be a good while to get there, even by air. And after the haunted house and the stress of Simmer's release, the short, skinny pegasus looked as though he'd been run over by a herd of buffalo. Repeatedly. "If either of you could give me a teleport over there, I'd really appreciate it. Otherwise, I guess I'll see you at the Civic Center."

18. - Top - End - #618
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion remained in her silence, even though she was the one who started this, via accident, the situation was spiraling out of hooves. Moreso if the princesses were going to be involved. All she could do right now is go back to her tower and make sure that Grills was safe.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Pixie in the Playground

Knack blushed redder than she normally was.

"Um...I'm afraid I can't teleport very well. My magic isn't the most reliable thing."

She looked at Gwyn, knowing that she at least could teleport without problems.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

Knack blushed redder than she normally was.

"Um...I'm afraid I can't teleport very well. My magic isn't the most reliable thing."

She looked at Gwyn, knowing that she at least could teleport without problems.
    Sandy gave her a tired smile. "No worries. I'm not the greatest mage myself." Seeing how he was still a pegasus...yes, that was still technically true. He looked to Gwyn, unaware she'd teleported over here in the first place.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion glanced at the 'pegasus' looking at her. "Fine...but don't complain if you get burnt, haven't worked out the kinks in that yet."

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

Gwynfillion glanced at the 'pegasus' looking at her. "Fine...but don't complain if you get burnt, haven't worked out the kinks in that yet."
    Sandy gulped audibly. Really, he shouldn't be surprised by this sort of thing anymore. Huh, at least I'll probably stay a stallion... he thought to himself. He trotted over by Gwyn and gave a wave to Knack. "Stay safe now." he cautioned. With a deep breath, he steeled himself for inevitable scorching and nodded to Gwyn.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy gulped audibly. Really, he shouldn't be surprised by this sort of thing anymore. Huh, at least I'll probably stay a stallion... he thought to himself. He trotted over by Gwyn and gave a wave to Knack. "Stay safe now." he cautioned. With a deep breath, he steeled himself for inevitable scorching and nodded to Gwyn.
    She didn't do that whole teleporting others things often and when she did, it the few occasions she was teleporting herself and her stallion. But he was a fire pony, it didn't effect him in the way it would Sandy.

The mare concentrated what little remained of her magical energy, most of it having had been spent on powering Smoothie's electrical spell attack. She recalled that place where she and Grills had gone on that romantic picnic around sundown so long ago, it was at the beach and that's where she needed to go.

FLASH!

The two appeared at the beach some ways away from Sandy's home. The plum mare staggered a bit...alot... as she tried to remain standing. That really just took a lot out of her, and yes, Sandy was burnt, but he'll live.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

She didn't do that whole teleporting others things often and when she did, it the few occasions she was teleporting herself and her stallion. But he was a fire pony, it didn't effect him in the way it would Sandy.

The mare concentrated what little remained of her magical energy, most of it having had been spent on powering Smoothie's electrical spell attack. She recalled that place where she and Grills had gone on that romantic picnic around sundown so long ago, it was at the beach and that's where she needed to go.

FLASH!

The two appeared at the beach some ways away from Sandy's home. The plum mare staggered a bit...alot... as she tried to remain standing. That really just took a lot out of her, and yes, Sandy was burnt, but he'll live.
    The pegasus that appeared on the beach could hardly be recognized as Sandy. Rather, he looked like a black mass where a pony should be with two white dots for eyes. Why did this town insist on making his every waking hour painful in some way? Couldn't it take a break, just this once? Crisis break? Maybe? No? Drat.

He coughed up a puff of smoke. "Thanks...*cough*...for the ride...ow..." he croaked.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-02-10 at 12:57 AM.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Troll in the Playground

The pegasus that appeared on the beach could hardly be recognized as Sandy. Rather, he looked like a black mass where a pony should be with two white dots for eyes. Why did this town insist on making his every waking hour painful in some way? Couldn't it take a break, just this once? Crisis break? Maybe? No? Drat.

He coughed up a puff of smoke. "Thanks...*cough*...for the ride...ow..." he croaked.

"Yes...well.....uhm...yes,"
    The plum mare staggered before plopping down on the ground feeling taxed.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes...well.....uhm...yes,"
    The plum mare staggered before plopping down on the ground feeling taxed.
    Ohh, Sandy wished he could just plop down on his precious beach and sleep this mess off. The cool sand, the sound of water lapping against the shoreline-no! Bad thoughts! Sleeping could come later. "You...you gonna...be okay?" he asked Gwyn. As if he was in any state to help.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-02-10 at 10:58 AM.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Troll in the Playground

Ohh, Sandy wished he could just plop down on his precious beach and sleep this mess off. The cool sand, the sound of water lapping against the shoreline-no! Bad thoughts! Sleeping could come later. "You...you gonna...be okay?" he asked Gwyn. As if he was in any state to help.

"I'll....I'll be fine.."
    She lied closing her eyes trying to control her heaving chest. She still needed to teleport home,,,but she wasn't sure if she had the magic left in her to do so. Rest...maybe,,five minutes.....maybe..

28. - Top - End - #628
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll....I'll be fine.."
    She lied closing her eyes trying to control her heaving chest. She still needed to teleport home,,,but she wasn't sure if she had the magic left in her to do so. Rest...maybe,,five minutes.....maybe..
    Something told Sandy that maybe she wouldn't be keen on any sort of assistance he could offer. Best to let her catch her breath for now. "Alright, I'll *cough* I'll just be a few minutes." Still shaking off the charred bits of his costume, he hobbled over to his house. Up the stairs, into his bedroom, and to the closet he went. He clumsily removed the false back and took out a bottle pulsing with inner light. He scribbled a quick message, hoping the Princesses could manage to read his mouth-writing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princess Luna,

Still in Bridle Shores. Simmer freed within last hour, fled scene via teleport within last half hour. Plans to enslave all ponies, use their magic as fuel. Everypony here safe so far, holed up in town Civic Center (large floating building). Send help to secure building.

Simmer weak to lightning. Makes small armor clones, deactivated w/1 lightning bolt. Stop Simmer by showing real care for him, not Garion.

Will hold until further orders. Permission to engage?

Sandy Shores

He sealed the scroll and placed it in front of the bottle before uncorking it. A gout of flame erupted from the bottle and consumed the letter. The ashes magically collected and zipped out the window, heading in the direction of Canterlot. Now all he had to do was wait for a response. But in the meanwhile...

He trotted back outside to check on Gwyn.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion was just sprawled there on the sand, the waves from the lake were indeed sounding comfortable right now. She didn't even seem to notice at first when Sandy had left, let alone returned.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

Gwynfillion was just sprawled there on the sand, the waves from the lake were indeed sounding comfortable right now. She didn't even seem to notice at first when Sandy had left, let alone returned.
    Sandy tried gently shaking her. "Miss? Probably shouldn't sleep outside, what with all that's goin' on."