New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy tried gently shaking her. "Miss? Probably shouldn't sleep outside, what with all that's goin' on."

"What?"
    She seemed to half groan and lifted up her head to look at him. "I...don't be silly...I..I wasn't sleeping...I was just...something."

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"What?"
    She seemed to half groan and lifted up her head to look at him. "I...don't be silly...I..I wasn't sleeping...I was just...something."
    Sandy seemed to believe her, or at least not press the matter further. "Sorry, just looked it from a distance." He motioned to the nice cottage he'd just trotted from. "If you need a place to rest for the night, I've got room in my house."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-02-11 at 12:50 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy seemed to believe her, or at least not press the matter further. "Sorry, just looked it from a distance." He motioned to the nice cottage he'd just trotted from. "If you need a place to rest for the night, I've got room in my house."

"I..I...can't...I have to get back to my..."
    She foolishly and stubbornly disregarded her own state of being. She knew she didn't have the magical strength left in her to teleport back to her tower, nor did she have the physical energy right now to travel to her tower...and gulp, past those awful woods. But she was decidedly so, being unnecessarily stubborn.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

"I..I...can't...I have to get back to my..."
    She foolishly and stubbornly disregarded her own state of being. She knew she didn't have the magical strength left in her to teleport back to her tower, nor did she have the physical energy right now to travel to her tower...and gulp, past those awful woods. But she was decidedly so, being unnecessarily stubborn.
    Argh, and Sandy was in no state to be helping out either, but that wouldn't stop him. "Get back where now?" he asked, glancing back at his house. Replies usually took a bit longer to send, but he could always check before they left.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Troll in the Playground

Argh, and Sandy was in no state to be helping out either, but that wouldn't stop him. "Get back where now?" he asked, glancing back at his house. Replies usually took a bit longer to send, but he could always check before they left.

She was going to say 'my Grills' but she didn't want to leave much of an opening to probe, but, it didn't matter did that anyways by not finishing her sentence.

"I..uhm...my home...I have...important things to take care of.."
    She answered with closed eyes.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

She was going to say 'my Grills' but she didn't want to leave much of an opening to probe, but, it didn't matter did that anyways by not finishing her sentence.

"I..uhm...my home...I have...important things to take care of.."
    She answered with closed eyes.
    Sandy glanced at the houses all the way back in town. No way this mare could make it all the way there in her state, or at least not without him worrying. "And...uh, where is home exactly?" he asked with concern.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy glanced at the houses all the way back in town. No way this mare could make it all the way there in her state, or at least not without him worrying. "And...uh, where is home exactly?" he asked with concern.

"Through the Blighted Weld,"
    She answered and slowly but surely forced herself onto all fours.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

"Through the Blighted Weld,"
    She answered and slowly but surely forced herself onto all fours.
    The Blighted Weld...Sandy's vision panned over from the peaceful town to the dense, dark, howling woods. In the far, far, far distance he could just make out a tower. The pegasus started back as he swore he heard something hiss at him. "Miss, you sure you wouldn't want to just rest a spell first? That looks an awful long trot, and I've just put some water on to boil for cocoa." Not really, but if it meant keeping the silly mare from throwing herself in harm's way, then he could fib a little.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Troll in the Playground

The Blighted Weld...Sandy's vision panned over from the peaceful town to the dense, dark, howling woods. In the far, far, far distance he could just make out a tower. The pegasus started back as he swore he heard something hiss at him. "Miss, you sure you wouldn't want to just rest a spell first? That looks an awful long trot, and I've just put some water on to boil for cocoa." Not really, but if it meant keeping the silly mare from throwing herself in harm's way, then he could fib a little.
    She was being dumb, filling herself with unnecessary conflict with what she wanted to do and what her body wanted to do. She frowned as she stumbled forward her body winning the battle. "I.....very well...j-just a..just a spell."

10. - Top - End - #640
    Titan in the Playground

She was being dumb, filling herself with unnecessary conflict with what she wanted to do and what her body wanted to do. She frowned as she stumbled forward her body winning the battle. "I.....very well...j-just a..just a spell."
    Sandy motioned for her to follow and trot-stumbled his way back inside, still a little crispy and a lot tired.

His house was rather simple; the front lobby served as his sand-sculpting business that he never seemed to have time for. A counter housed a few statues of ponies in action poses, mostly pegasi in flight. He opened a panel on the counter to let the two of them through to the back living area. His dining room and living room were all rolled into one large space. A comfy couch rested on one wall opposite a small dining table and seat cushions. Recently he'd added a shelf to hold his "distraction books"; good reading for when he suddenly needed to stop paying attention to whatever Gear and Silverpine were up to. A staircase led upstairs to his bedroom; he'd left the door open when he went to go check on Gwyn.

Sandy yawned and motioned to the various seating options "Sit anywhere you like...I'll go, uh, check on that kettle." He trotted off to the side into another small room that presumably housed the kitchen. Gwyn might notice from the sounds he was been making that he hadn't actually put a kettle on.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Troll in the Playground

-snip-

Sandy yawned and motioned to the various seating options "Sit anywhere you like...I'll go, uh, check on that kettle." He trotted off to the side into another small room that presumably housed the kitchen. Gwyn might notice from the sounds he was been making that he hadn't actually put a kettle on.
    She quietly took a seat on a couch and sat on her haunches leaning against the upperleg rest. She was too fatigued to notice whatever was going on in the kitchen. She glanced around the living room taking in the small details when she found herself struck with the uncomfortable feeling of being in a stranger's house.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

She quietly took a seat on a couch and sat on her haunches leaning against the upperleg rest. She was too fatigued to notice whatever was going on in the kitchen. She glanced around the living room taking in the small details when she found herself struck with the uncomfortable feeling of being in a stranger's house.
    After a good ten minutes, Sandy returned balancing a tray with two cups of steaming hot chocolate. He pulled over a little end-table and set it down, pulling up a seat cushion for himself. Only after sitting down did he remember to check if his guest was actually awake.

If she was and she drank the hot chocolate, she'd find it to be quite good. Full of chocolaty goodness, with a little dash of peppermint kick. It was one of Sandy's favorite hot drinks, and his recipe had gotten better with each passing winter.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion-Sandy's House

It was pretty good rather tasty, but she wasn't going to give him visual satisfaction of knowing so. She lamely tried to keep a neutral expression. "I..thank you."
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-02-11 at 06:20 PM.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Titan in the Playground

Gwynfillion-Sandy's House

It was pretty good rather tasty, but she wasn't going to give him visual satisfaction of knowing so. She lamely tried to keep a neutral expression. "I..thank you."
    He tiredly smiled at his guest. "You're welcome." Thankfully, Sandy didn't use his magic for everything, so he at least knew how to use a cup magic-free. He took a slow sip of his own mug, savoring the taste and warmth in his belly. A good mix, though next time he'd try a little more mint. It was getting a little overwhelmed by the chocolate. Oh, right, the strange pony he'd invited into his house. He coughed awkwardly. "*ahem* Uh, I don't think I ever got your name, Miss..?"

15. - Top - End - #645
    Pixie in the Playground

Meanwhile, the creature everypony was worried over at that moment sat at the bottom of the lake...the one place he knew nopony would look for him...at least, no normal pony.

Especially since they would think he probably would avoid the place he had been imprisoned for so long.

"I must overcome this...weakness to lightning. I never in all my years thought it would be the first thing somepony would use on me. No matter...it might slow me down, but it will never stop me!"

He rubbed at the gem situated in his chest.

"If I can just catch three ponies, and copy them...I'll have enough power to cast the Dark Land spell. And while they're distracted, I can copy even more ponies and gain even more power! HAHA. It's FLAWLESS."

Of course, Simmer seemed to forget that the 'dark' glow his gem let off was visible through the rather clear waters of the lake...even at night.

Knack was on the porch of the Soda Bar again, looking at the sky, wishing she could have followed Soft in her teleport...wishing she could teleport herself.

"If I could trade my horn for wings...I could fly to you, and never have to worry about my stupid magic going haywire all the time."

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

16. - Top - End - #646
    Troll in the Playground

He tiredly smiled at his guest. "You're welcome." Thankfully, Sandy didn't use his magic for everything, so he at least knew how to use a cup magic-free. He took a slow sip of his own mug, savoring the taste and warmth in his belly. A good mix, though next time he'd try a little more mint. It was getting a little overwhelmed by the chocolate. Oh, right, the strange pony he'd invited into his house. He coughed awkwardly. "*ahem* Uh, I don't think I ever got your name, Miss..?"
    Gwynfillion-Sandy's Lakeside House

"Gwynfillion, or the 'evil enchantress of the blighted weald if you're the sort to believe those tales,"
    She said with a hint of bitterness as she took another sip.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

Gwynfillion-Sandy's Lakeside House

"Gwynfillion, or the 'evil enchantress of the blighted weald if you're the sort to believe those tales,"
    She said with a hint of bitterness as she took another sip.
    He...may have heard that once or twice. But he was the sort of pony who preferred getting the story straight from the horse's mouth, as it were. He took another sip of hot cocoa, seemingly unbothered by who she claimed to be. "Sandy Shores. I take care of the beach. Er, when I have a horn, that is." he added sheepishly.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Troll in the Playground

He...may have heard that once or twice. But he was the sort of pony who preferred getting the story straight from the horse's mouth, as it were. He took another sip of hot cocoa, seemingly unbothered by who she claimed to be. "Sandy Shores. I take care of the beach. Er, when I have a horn, that is." he added sheepishly.
    "I see," She raised a brow wondering if this was the work of that Smoothie. She took a sip from her magically held cup. "Well, I uh, well you've done a decent job on the beach." It was the closest she could muster as a compliment.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Titan in the Playground

"I see," She raised a brow wondering if this was the work of that Smoothie. She took a sip from her magically held cup. "Well, I uh, well you've done a decent job on the beach." It was the closest she could muster as a compliment.
    It did brighten Sandy's face slightly. "Thanks. With all this town throws at a pony, it's a relief there's one thing I can keep under control. Er, most of the time, anyhow." He remembered the stint as a foal, and the storm that followed. Princesses above, that took him nearly a week to fix up.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Troll in the Playground

It did brighten Sandy's face slightly. "Thanks. With all this town throws at a pony, it's a relief there's one thing I can keep under control. Er, most of the time, anyhow." He remembered the stint as a foal, and the storm that followed. Princesses above, that took him nearly a week to fix up.

"Ah...I, see, well relatively speaking,"
    The plum mare forced a small smile glancing at him for a small second before looking back at her cocoa. She wasn't much of a conservationist, especially around ponies she didn't know. You could say she was an introvert if we decide to label things.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah...I, see, well relatively speaking,"
    The plum mare forced a small smile glancing at him for a small second before looking back at her cocoa. She wasn't much of a conservationist, especially around ponies she didn't know. You could say she was an introvert if we decide to label things.
    Sandy smiled back, and then they nosedived into an awkward silence; both idly sipping at their cups of cocoa, Sandy trying to think of something to talk about. It would have gone on for some time had he not remembered why he'd gone back home to begin with. "Well! I'm going to go see if I've got a response yet. There's more cocoa in the kitchen if you want it. Feel free to rest here until you're feelin' up to the trip." He set his cup down and trotted upstairs. From her seat, she'd hear more rummaging about, unfurling of parchment, pacing, scribbling, a clatter and general grumbling about spilled ink, the sorts of noises that accompany writing letters.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Troll in the Playground

As warm a feeling the hot cocoa was, she still felt a lingering coldness, it didn't help that Simmer was just over in the lake, chilling at the bottom, plotting.

She didn't do anything but sit on that spot on the couch, whenever he returned Sandy would see that it looked like she never even moved from when he last saw her.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Titan in the Playground

As warm a feeling the hot cocoa was, she still felt a lingering coldness, it didn't help that Simmer was just over in the lake, chilling at the bottom, plotting.

She didn't do anything but sit on that spot on the couch, whenever he returned Sandy would see that it looked like she never even moved from when he last saw her.
    Some time later, Sandy would come back downstairs, a massive inkstain on his foreleg. He was honestly surprised to see her still there. He'd figured she'd have ducked out at the first opportunity and tried to brave the forest alone. Something must've been keeping her...

He sat back down and poured himself another cup. "Princesses said they'd be sending what help they could rustle up. Guard's mobilizing and headin' to the other towns, give 'em a chance if Simmer decides we're not worth it. Help should be reachin' here before too long." He didn't mention that they really weren't recieving much. He knew what sort of resources the Princesses commanded, and he hoped it was trust in the townsfolk's ability (not to mention his own) that directed that decision.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Troll in the Playground

Some time later, Sandy would come back downstairs, a massive inkstain on his foreleg. He was honestly surprised to see her still there. He'd figured she'd have ducked out at the first opportunity and tried to brave the forest alone. Something must've been keeping her...

He sat back down and poured himself another cup. "Princesses said they'd be sending what help they could rustle up. Guard's mobilizing and headin' to the other towns, give 'em a chance if Simmer decides we're not worth it. Help should be reachin' here before too long." He didn't mention that they really weren't receiving much. He knew what sort of resources the Princesses commanded, and he hoped it was trust in the townsfolk's ability (not to mention his own) that directed that decision.

"I see..."
    She whispered staring at her empty cup she floated in front of her above the cushion. She bit her lip thinking about her huge error in letting herself be fooled the way she was. And now she and Equestria were going to pay for her foolish actions.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

"I see..."
    She whispered staring at her empty cup she floated in front of her above the cushion. She bit her lip thinking about her huge error in letting herself be fooled the way she was. And now she and Equestria were going to pay for her foolish actions.
    Sandy picked up the kettle and offerred a refill. Once she either took it or declined, he set it back down and sat down himself. "They know what they're doin'. If Simmer's still causin' trouble a week from now, I'd eat my own sand."

26. - Top - End - #656
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy picked up the kettle and offered a refill. Once she either took it or declined, he set it back down and sat down himself. "They know what they're doin'. If Simmer's still causin' trouble a week from now, I'd eat my own sand."

She wondered if his taste buds were ready for a sandy assault. "Heh.." Was all she responded with. She felt really tired and the warm cocoa only made sleep more inviting, and the general comfort of the couch. She was barely holding her drink with her waning magic which was at its bare minimum for holding the drink. And then, her magic just flickered out as the cup went spilling to the ground.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

She wondered if his taste buds were ready for a sandy assault. "Heh.." Was all she responded with. She felt really tired and the warm cocoa only made sleep more inviting, and the general comfort of the couch. She was barely holding her drink with her waning magic which was at its bare minimum for holding the drink. And then, her magic just flickered out as the cup went spilling to the ground.
    Sandy nabbed a napkin and quickly spread it over the spilled drink. Most of it went in the carpet anyway, but that could be replaced. He hastily trotted over to the couch to see if she had actually fallen asleep, or her magic had conked out. The latter might require some assistance, the former would require blankets.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy nabbed a napkin and quickly spread it over the spilled drink. Most of it went in the carpet anyway, but that could be replaced. He hastily trotted over to the couch to see if she had actually fallen asleep, or her magic had conked out. The latter might require some assistance, the former would require blankets.
    "I'm...I'm sorry...." She whispered staring the stain on the carpet. She struggled against keeping her eyes opened, vision was slightly buried as she was hit hard with physical and magical fatigue and collapsed on the couch.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm...I'm sorry...." She whispered staring the stain on the carpet. She struggled against keeping her eyes opened, vision was slightly buried as she was hit hard with physical and magical fatigue and collapsed on the couch.
    Sandy waved off her apology as he did a basic once-over to ensure she was fine. "Don't you worry. It's just a carpet, I can clean it up later." He pulled a thick, soft blanket over the exausted unicorn. "You just get some rest, alright?" It seemed to be some sort of involuntary loss of magical control, likely from exaustion; not bad on its own, provided the pony was smart enough to get some rest.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy waved off her apology as he did a basic once-over to ensure she was fine. "Don't you worry. It's just a carpet, I can clean it up later." He pulled a thick, soft blanket over the exausted unicorn. "You just get some rest, alright?" It seemed to be some sort of involuntary loss of magical control, likely from exaustion; not bad on its own, provided the pony was smart enough to get some rest.
    The plum pony mentally struggled against staying here, telling herself she had to return to Grills. But it was not a war she was going to win against her body, which decided sleep was needed now. "Grills..."

/possibly end pony day