New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 4

((That's fine by me.))

Again, Alysha keeps some reiatsu in the buckler as she moves into position. She moves to force the blade away again. She isn't showing any signs of getting tired yet.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #152

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Totally thought I'd replied to this. Sorry about that, Terry.

"And yet, the project is missing. Whoever did it was smart enough to find and disable the tracker."

He points to a wrecked piece of electronics, about the size of an American quarter.

"Kujo's group would be suspect, but they're too crazy to pull off an operation this clean. Plus, we've bagged and tagged some of their better operatives since the raid.

The Hollows...are a possibility, but a slim one. I'd wager they'd have tried more violent operations if they had been able to slip this far in.

No, I'm afraid this may well be a third party. A "wild card", if you will. As for the distraction, my guess would be it was during Kujo's attack and the chaos that surrounded it.
    "

He sighs and walks over to a wall display, pressing a few virtual keys on the LCD keyboard. Information flows into the 12th Division systems, and the audible alarm ceases, though the Blue Alert lights continue to flash slowly, and the increased state of alarm and readiness hasn't been dropped. A few more keystrokes bring up the display for a device that seems intended to wear around the arm...

"I'd been working on a side project to this one, intended for my personal use. The concepts are only somewhat similar and compatible, but these bits of my research should help the lab not have to start from total scratch. That's the worst part; this thing works, and I think it would have had incredible applications for us."
    "I do not understand. While insanity may be high in Kujo's membership, this does not mean they are not without suspicion. Kujo's group is the most plausible answer at this juncture."

She watches patiently as lights flash, and the alert continues.

"Perhaps your side project could take the place of the main one, Yoshi-san? I see no reason why it could not, if they are slightly compatible. Alternatively, you may be able to reclaim the research via the archived knowledge, or perhaps my databanks, as I do not believe they remove knowledge if it is removed from the dataspace I access it from. However, I would require the codewords to gain entry to the data." She's still standing there, completely complacent, a blank look on her rather pretty face.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    "I do not understand. While insanity may be high in Kujo's membership, this does not mean they are not without suspicion. Kujo's group is the most plausible answer at this juncture."

She watches patiently as lights flash, and the alert continues.

"Perhaps your side project could take the place of the main one, Yoshi-san? I see no reason why it could not, if they are slightly compatible. Alternatively, you may be able to reclaim the research via the archived knowledge, or perhaps my databanks, as I do not believe they remove knowledge if it is removed from the dataspace I access it from. However, I would require the codewords to gain entry to the data." She's still standing there, completely complacent, a blank look on her rather pretty face.
    "You have a point. We won't discount them entirely, but I'm not willing to solely blame them. Not yet. Hopefully the 18th Seats can use those Crime Scene Investigation classes to the best of their ability..."

He shakes his head, then taps his chin in thought at HECATE's suggestions. He then moves over to the wall terminal and starts accessing the archive. A slight grin comes to his face.

"Excellent, my private project won't have to fill in the gap. It looks like about 75% of our research and progress on this Project was preserved in the archives. Whoever came in tried to erase the data, but they only got the very "top" of it, if you see what I'm saying. Perhaps this will force the team to re-examine some of our previous conclusions, and improve on the design...Which might well help us change the device enough whoever took it won't have a total edge. Thank you for the reminder, HECATE-san."

He entered a few more keystrokes, cancelled the Blue Alert (though there was still a notice to all members to check inventory and such), and locked down the lab as soon as they personally exited it.

"We'd better get you back to your recharging station, so they can run diagnostics. Then I have things to attend to."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Some newer shinigami might be forgiven for not consciously realizing Ryouichi has 3 swords. Oh, you can see them on his waist, but when he's almost never pulled more than one in a fight in a while, it turns into a background factoid.

Masaru knew better. That's why he had 2 swords of his own. Where was that short sword of his.

Oh, there it was, spinning down through the air. Faster than many eyes could see, it was suddenly in Masaru's left hand. That hand swung the blade through the air to block Jihi.

Of course, there was no way he could really keep these two blades at bay for long like this. Ryouichi had always been a bit more physically powerful. Then again, Masaru preferred not to rely on phyiscal power alone. That's why he took a moment to shift the web of blades between the two men enough to get himself free. That freedom allowed him to dance backwards about 15 feet, his eyes locked on his opponent.

He didn't even seem to be breathing heavily, and there were only a couple drops of sweat evident on his body.

"Wondered when you'd step up the game."

Then suddenly Masaru was in front of Ryouichi, an engine of destructive attack, both of his swords slashing forward in the arcs of Zenmetsugata as he tried to put his friend off-balance. While the Commander was at least somewhat ambidextrous, he had only just drawn his second blade, and since it was also a long sword, up close it might hinder him just a fraction...
    Predicting Masaru's next move, Ryouichi saves the effort of fitting his second blade back into his sheathe, instead anchoring it into the ground nearby. He can then focus on his defense, efficiently deflecting the blows aimed at him and pushing back with every block.

Grinning widely, Ryouichi is only sweating to a point where it is barely noticeable, much like his friend. No, it would take days to really wind either of them with this light sparring. "I didn't want to overwhelm our pupil. Looks like we may have already failed at that."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Predicting Masaru's next move, Ryouichi saves the effort of fitting his second blade back into his sheathe, instead anchoring it into the ground nearby. He can then focus on his defense, efficiently deflecting the blows aimed at him and pushing back with every block.

Grinning widely, Ryouichi is only sweating to a point where it is barely noticeable, much like his friend. No, it would take days to really wind either of them with this light sparring. "I didn't want to overwhelm our pupil. Looks like we may have already failed at that."
    Masaru doesn't actually look, but he does fractionally nod as he continues to press the offense, now using his katana to try and occupy Ryouichi's single blade, while his wakizashi seeks a way through his opponent's defenses. His old friend can tell he's starting to blend some Sentougata and Gatotsugata in with his Zenmetsugata, though the Path of the Dragon is still very much dominant.

Kazuma merely sees a slight variance in his attacks, with the occasional twist of the wrist that would leave lesser men weaponless, or a thrust from the shorter sword, one that you would see more often with a straight-bladed weapon. Still, the overall style seems to be one of powerful attack and counter-attack. Considering who it's going against, it's not moving pas the proverbial wall, but it's certainly telling of Masaru's true skill levels.

"Do you want to impress him more, or keep warming up for a while?"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Your right-Neck height!"

Your left-Knee height!"

Straight on thrust-Chest center!"

Each of the strikes are now approaching actual attacks, though the speed is of someone who is an incredibly lazy fighter. Once the final stab is deflected, Koujin will hop a few feet backward and drop his sword to his side.

"Alright, it seems like you're starting to get the feel to the idea. I'm going to keep calling out the directions of my attacks, but now we'll move on to the next step." He turns to his other training partner. "Hachirou-san, feel free to start attacking. Alysha-san will need to learn to work around your movements, but try to stay about in synch with the speed I use. We shouldn't try to speed up too much until she gets the hang of this part. We can break again at that point, and move on further."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro watches the work out sessions that to him seems a little tame. He knew Alysha was an unseated officer but the fact was that it didn't seem like they were really pushing her. If they were they were being a little to slow about it. However he doesn't say anything as he heeds Tachi-chan's words about how not everyone trains the way he does and they still get results.

8. - Top - End - #158

"You have a point. We won't discount them entirely, but I'm not willing to solely blame them. Not yet. Hopefully the 18th Seats can use those Crime Scene Investigation classes to the best of their ability..."

He shakes his head, then taps his chin in thought at HECATE's suggestions. He then moves over to the wall terminal and starts accessing the archive. A slight grin comes to his face.

"Excellent, my private project won't have to fill in the gap. It looks like about 75% of our research and progress on this Project was preserved in the archives. Whoever came in tried to erase the data, but they only got the very "top" of it, if you see what I'm saying. Perhaps this will force the team to re-examine some of our previous conclusions, and improve on the design...Which might well help us change the device enough whoever took it won't have a total edge. Thank you for the reminder, HECATE-san."

He entered a few more keystrokes, cancelled the Blue Alert (though there was still a notice to all members to check inventory and such), and locked down the lab as soon as they personally exited it.

"We'd better get you back to your recharging station, so they can run diagnostics. Then I have things to attend to."
    HECATE nodded, almost almost absentmindedly. But the look in her eyes revealed no emotion, as always.

"It is no problem Yoshi-san. It was {HECATE Program Reassurance Protocol Not found. Attempt different Protocol? Y/N. Y Inserted.} I am certain this will not be a problem."

The blonde looked unaware of what she just said, and of how her mouth had stayed open, head tilted to the side, as she said it. She follows Yoshi quietly, before asking,

"Yoshi-san, why do you consider it necessary to change my conversation protocols around the other Shinigami? Is it because I am portraying the Twelfth Division in an improper light?"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

[Training grounds]

Hachirou nods to Koujin as a sign that he's heard him. Next time Alysha lowers her shield and before Koujin's attack, he'll move to aim a rapid, unchanted Hado #1 at Koujin's side.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #160

Training Grounds

Alysha nods her confirmation.

Hoo boy...let's hope I don't mess up too bad.

Alysha adjusts her stance a little, so she can keep Hachirou in her vision without having to look away from Koujin.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

HECATE nodded, almost almost absentmindedly. But the look in her eyes revealed no emotion, as always.

"It is no problem Yoshi-san. It was {HECATE Program Reassurance Protocol Not found. Attempt different Protocol? Y/N. Y Inserted.} I am certain this will not be a problem."

The blonde looked unaware of what she just said, and of how her mouth had stayed open, head tilted to the side, as she said it. She follows Yoshi quietly, before asking,

"Yoshi-san, why do you consider it necessary to change my conversation protocols around the other Shinigami? Is it because I am portraying the Twelfth Division in an improper light?"
    "I think you misunderstand my goal. You act as if you believe I wish you to change the protocols back. I do not. I believe keeping them active benefits you."

He turned to face the gynoid, his expression serious.

"A bit of it was me wanting to show our Division in a better light, that we're capable of helping construct an AI that isn't incapable of basic conversation. It's more than that, though. I want you to be able to more easily interact with other Shinigami in any Division. I want you to be able to better learn and adapt your responses as time goes on. I personally believe you have a right to be more than just a weapon. You're a sapient being, after all."

He lapsed into silence for a moment before turning and continuing down the hall. When he next spoke, it was casually, over his shoulder.

"Does that answer your question?"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Pixie in the Playground

Karite just rolled his eyes, shunpoing to the right, rather than the left this time, making a quick strike. However, he didn't stop there.

"Five Point Strike: Point One." The blade struck towards Seiko's side, and Karite vanished again, reappearing at Seiko's left. "Point Two."

Vanish. Reappear By Seiko's right leg. "Three."

Left. "Four."

In front of the tornado, using his sheathe to deflect the spinning blades as he holds the blade towards Seiko's face. "Five."

Out of the tip flared a blast of reiatsu, straight towards Seiko's head.
    How the hell did he move so fast?! Seiko thought, right as Karite's strikes started. Point one struck home, the blade grazing Seiko's side as he spun, attempting to right himself. He was honestly surprised that Karite found holes in his offense. But he himself was showing holes. Seiko knew these strikes. And he knew how to exploit them.

As Seiko slowed his spinning, Karite's blows started to get closer and strike harder. Seiko was gambling, but he was also confident. Point two also hit, scoring deep in Seiko's side, but he didn't even care. The instant Karite vanished again, but all Karite would see is a quick blur as Seiko slowed down. Karite's third hit struck Seiko's leg, as did his fourth. Seiko collapsed to the ground, getting back up just in time to face Karite's sword head-on, falling backwards to the ground with what appeared to be a dent in his forehead.

However, if Karite was still paying attention, he would notice two strange things. First, Seiko was wearing his shihakusho, which he usually didn't like because he claimed it restricted his movement. Second, only the shihakusho fell to the ground. Seiko wasn't there at all.

"It really is convenient that you move so fast. It kept you from noticing what I did until you were done, and I was ready." Said a voice behind Karite. He just kept getting back there! Karite would feel a sword slide in front of his neck as Seiko kept talking. "But I'll bet you're awful tired right now. You just kept on moving, and in Shunpo, with that limiter on. You have to be just about reaching your limit, huh?" Seiko's voice was mocking, but there was just a hint of actual concern that Karite would be able to discern.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

12th Division High Security Facility 52.
    Southeastern 12th Division Grounds.
    Time indeterminate.

A massive eruption of spiritual energy rocks the Seireitei, coming from the area above.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Masaru doesn't actually look, but he does fractionally nod as he continues to press the offense, now using his katana to try and occupy Ryouichi's single blade, while his wakizashi seeks a way through his opponent's defenses. His old friend can tell he's starting to blend some Sentougata and Gatotsugata in with his Zenmetsugata, though the Path of the Dragon is still very much dominant.

Kazuma merely sees a slight variance in his attacks, with the occasional twist of the wrist that would leave lesser men weaponless, or a thrust from the shorter sword, one that you would see more often with a straight-bladed weapon. Still, the overall style seems to be one of powerful attack and counter-attack. Considering who it's going against, it's not moving pas the proverbial wall, but it's certainly telling of Masaru's true skill levels.

"Do you want to impress him more, or keep warming up for a while?"
    Nothing like a nearby explosion to stop a friendly spar.

Wait, what?

Seconds before, Ryouichi was grinning, in the midst of answering his comrade's question. "Why don't we step it up a not-"

Then it happens. From the nearby 12th division, the explosion rocks the training grounds like a small earthquake. It doesn't send the Commander to his feet, however it does give him pause.

"...That's bigger than normal for Kazuo."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

In the aftermath of the explosion, a violet column of rotting fish smell rises from the ruins of the 52nd laboratory.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Time indeterminate.

A massive eruption of spiritual energy rocks the Seireitei, coming from the area above.
    Nothing like a nearby explosion to stop a friendly spar.

Wait, what?

Seconds before, Ryouichi was grinning, in the midst of answering his comrade's question. "Why don't we step it up a not-"

Then it happens. From the nearby 12th division, the explosion rocks the training grounds like a small earthquake. It doesn't send the Commander to his feet, however it does give him pause.

"...That's bigger than normal for Kazuo."
    In the aftermath of the explosion, a violet column of rotting fish smell rises from the ruins of the 52nd laboratory.
    Yoshi

Yoshi froze at the sound of the explosion, a freeze that lasted only a moment before he pulled up what data he could. He then cursed, and started running without looking back at the gynoid with him.

"HECATE! Come on!"

Masaru

Masaru was midway through a complicated series of steps to form his next attack when the explosion went off. He all but froze in place for a moment, a still shot of a sword master at work. In a blink, he was standing straight and frowning at the display.

"It is. We should investigate."

He blurred over to his discarded clothes, his swords sheathed on the way, before he dressed himself in another blur. He nodded to Ryouichi and Kazuma.

"Let's go. Stay alert; it could be sabotage."

With that, he headed off at his top speed toward the area of the explosion.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma bore a mixture of worry and annoyance at the event that cut the sparring match short. He tried to focus on the latter emotion in the event of sabotage, and followed Ryouichi and Masaru without a word.

Granted, his shunpo could hardly keep up with the two masters, but he tried to pace himself.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

Jiro wobbled on his feet for a few seconds before steadying himself. He then looks towards the explosion as he says, "That was at 12th division! Tachi-chan time for some action!" The Zanpakuto spirit quickly says that they should report to a higher up but Jiro is insistent. "Sorry Alysha but that training will have to come at a later time, see ya guys!" With that Jiro immediately starts shunpoing to the site of the explosion.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Ryouichi nods, fetching his haori and sheathing his blades. His look is cautious, and vaguely grim, but he manages to keep his composure. Though he himself could not quite keep up with Masaru, he did an admirable job.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Preliminary Data stored in the 12th Division Systems, Avaiable to Yoshi and Hecate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Facility 52: Isolated high security compound destined to dangerous research on unknown foreign artifacts.
    Last status: Selected by Captain Ryou Kazuo for scheduled testing of artifact 173,867-6: Leftover zanpakutou of deceased enemy of Soul Society, Kujo.
    Automated recording of procedures: Active. Acess restricted.
    Current Status: Destroyed. Dimensional damage detected. No shinigami signatures detected within the perimeter.
    Recomendation: Approach with caution. Voidspace security procedures recommended.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #171

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    How the hell did he move so fast?! Seiko thought, right as Karite's strikes started. Point one struck home, the blade grazing Seiko's side as he spun, attempting to right himself. He was honestly surprised that Karite found holes in his offense. But he himself was showing holes. Seiko knew these strikes. And he knew how to exploit them.

As Seiko slowed his spinning, Karite's blows started to get closer and strike harder. Seiko was gambling, but he was also confident. Point two also hit, scoring deep in Seiko's side, but he didn't even care. The instant Karite vanished again, but all Karite would see is a quick blur as Seiko slowed down. Karite's third hit struck Seiko's leg, as did his fourth. Seiko collapsed to the ground, getting back up just in time to face Karite's sword head-on, falling backwards to the ground with what appeared to be a dent in his forehead.

However, if Karite was still paying attention, he would notice two strange things. First, Seiko was wearing his shihakusho, which he usually didn't like because he claimed it restricted his movement. Second, only the shihakusho fell to the ground. Seiko wasn't there at all.

"It really is convenient that you move so fast. It kept you from noticing what I did until you were done, and I was ready." Said a voice behind Karite. He just kept getting back there! Karite would feel a sword slide in front of his neck as Seiko kept talking. "But I'll bet you're awful tired right now. You just kept on moving, and in Shunpo, with that limiter on. You have to be just about reaching your limit, huh?" Seiko's voice was mocking, but there was just a hint of actual concern that Karite would be able to discern.
    Karite grinned as the strike hit, then a small frown began to cover his face as he noticed what Seiko was wearing. "Wait a mi-" He began to turn, and then Seiko's sword was at his neck.

Damn. He really shouldn't have expended all that energy on such a pointless set of moves. He grit his teeth as Seiko spoke. He was tired. Dead tired. He'd wasted far too much energy on flashy moves, because he had always been able to do that. But it looked like he couldn't do that anymore.

That was kind of depressing. "I'm alright Seiko. Fine. Just a bit annoyed that you tricked me again. 484 to 482."

He shoves the other man away, sheathing his sword, before panting and grinning at his friend. "You got a bit too into that, didn't you Seiko-kun?" He smirks, before sighing, running a hand through his hair.

"Looks like you were right though... I'm gonna need to practice again, especially if I can't use my most basic moves..." He glowers at his arm, as if it was the arm's fault that he could no longer use his usual abilities.

"I think you misunderstand my goal. You act as if you believe I wish you to change the protocols back. I do not. I believe keeping them active benefits you."

He turned to face the gynoid, his expression serious.

"A bit of it was me wanting to show our Division in a better light, that we're capable of helping construct an AI that isn't incapable of basic conversation. It's more than that, though. I want you to be able to more easily interact with other Shinigami in any Division. I want you to be able to better learn and adapt your responses as time goes on. I personally believe you have a right to be more than just a weapon. You're a sapient being, after all."

He lapsed into silence for a moment before turning and continuing down the hall. When he next spoke, it was casually, over his shoulder.

"Does that answer your question?"
    HECATE blinks. "I comprehend." She shuffles her feet for a few seconds, before

Yoshi

Yoshi froze at the sound of the explosion, a freeze that lasted only a moment before he pulled up what data he could. He then cursed, and started running without looking back at the gynoid with him.

"HECATE! Come on!"
    HECATE nods, following Yoshi at a swift pace.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-11-30 at 01:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

And because Draken is distracted.

Ryouichi and Masaru arrive to a terrible scene. Nearly the whole of the 52nd laboratory is gone, what remains is crackling with violent stray reiryoku. There are scorch marks all over, blackened by unknowable shapes of ash and soot or wet with the remains of dried caustic substances, and clouds of various sickly colors billow about the range.

The crater is massive and empty, revealing the sprawling networks of Seireitei's sewers bellow, there is no rubble, the remaining edges are alternatively blasted, broken and twisted as well as cleanly severed or melted away by great heat. The air is oddly frigid, however, and there are frozen puddles as well as rime on a nearby tree. A number of insects flee the area, some squirming oddly on their way out.

Something really strange happened here.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Chikako is perplexed by tenfold at the sound, and the reaction.

"...What are you, zom?"

No, apparently she doesn't realize the irony. Or the terrible pun that this poster just made.
    "Extant data suggests this being may be the soul of an object or objects unknown. Removal of memories during this being's transition to Soul Society makes certainty impossible. Due to uncertain nature of this being, this being refers to self as 'this being', given this being's lack of identifiable species, gender and gender identity."

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Reikiku Nakamura

Skipping along, Reikiku goes about finding Emet. Upon sighting his group from afar, Reikiku yells excitedly towards him.

"Hey, Captain!"
    "This being offers greetings to 7th Division 5th Seat Nakamura Reikiku.This being inquires in to how-"

Time indeterminate.

As the sound and sight of the explosion reaches the group, Emet is silent for a moment as he processes the sensory data. But only for a moment.

"Explosion from the general direction of 12th Division barracks requires investigation. Demolition must be put on hold."

The captain summons forth a hell butterfly, and addresses a message to all members of 7th Division, save those present.

Spoiler
    Show
    7th Division, your Captain addresses you. This being orders all personnel not currently involved in demolition to report to location of explosion and begin clearance and/or rescue protocols as necessary."

As the butterfly flies off, Emet turns to face the others with him.

"We must relocate to the location of the explosion. With haste."

With that, the captain dashes off towards the site of the explosion, stopping short of breaking into shunpo.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

[12th Division]

Ryouichi looks over the ruins as he arrives, ignoring the stench and keeping a cool head. His mind is moving a million miles an hour as he searches the ruins for survivors. Or anything, really.

But there is nothing.

"Masaru, Kakushitsuijaku." His tone is flat and unemotional, though the meaning is clear, to attempt to locate Captain Kazuo in this disaster. He then turns to Kazuma. "Send a hell butterfly to 3rd seat Koishima Daisuke of 3rd division, to halt the execution of Suzume, and escort her back to 10th. If she has something to do with this we must know."

He quickly removes a satchel of black paint from his haori, marking his arms with the necessary schema for Tenteikura. "Black and white net. Twenty-two bridges, sixty-six crowns and belts. Footprints, distant thunder, sharp peak, engulfing land, hidden in the night, sea of clouds, blue line. Form a circle and fly though the heavens. Wu Wei #70: Tenteikura."

Ryouichi's broadcast covers the entirety of the Seireitei. "Attention. Seireitei is in a state of emergency. All officers must return to their division for orders from their Captains or other commanding officers. Recommended procedure for commanding officers is to begin systematic search of each division. Priority is 11th, 12th, and 13th divisions."

[7th Division]

Chikako simply stares at Emet as he explains.

...She could totally relate to that uncertainty. She doesn't have time to continue the conversation, though, for one, it was interrupted by the arrival of Reikuku.

Then the explosion. It almost doesn't register to the curious zombie girl, but she raises an eyebrow at the reaction of her new "Captain".

"...What's going on, zom?" She follows along in confusion, nonetheless! It would be a perfect opportunity to run, sure. But it didn't even occur to the girl. She seemed to have found someone like her. A curiosity wrapped in an enigma. And so she would follow him to the ends of the earth! Though 12th division would do for now, wherever that was.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

"Yes sir!" Kazuma replied in a very business-like tone.

Then he pulled out a small cage with a Jigokuchou.

Spoiler
    Show
    To 3rd division 3rd seat Koishima Daisuke, this is 11th division's 7th seat Amagatsu Kazuma, acting under authority from Tsukada-soutaichou. You are hereby ordered to halt the execution of the criminal Suzume and escort her back to 10th division's holding cells. An explosion has affected 12th division HQ and we are currently investigating. Please proceed with due haste.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

Jiro arrives just as Ryouichi sends out the broadcast for the entirety of the Soul Society. He then face palms as he talks out loud to himself, close enough that the other three can hear. "You gotta be kidding me. I get here only to learn that we need to go back to the division barracks? My luck is really killing me today. Still, what could have the power to do all of this? And without alerting anyone until the deed was done?...I've got a baaaaad feeling about this.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma largely ignored Jiro's 'woe'.

"Soutaichou, should I help with the immediate search, or should I head back to the barracks?" The 11th divisioner requested simply.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

The ruins are empty, really, really empty. There isn't even the debris that the destruction of such a large structure would have presumably left behind.

Some rubble next to Ryouichi crumbles and falls up.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #179
    Pixie in the Playground

Day 21, late afternoon

Taro Banzuke, 3rd Seat of the 10th Division (Acting 10th Division Captain):
    (Watching spar with his future his Vice Captain Aya, and old VC and now 6th seat of the 10th Myojin)

Upon hearing the emergency broadcast kido from the Commander General, Taro rises his large body from his seat and looks to his two officers. His voice is gruff, but even tempered.

"Enough, we will continue this later...let's get back to the Barracks as soon as possible. Once we are all back, gather all in the courtyard and do a head count, and cross reference it with those outside the Seretei, make sure everyone is accounted for. After that we will start sending out small patrols to help....now go!"

Taro gathers up his paperwork and moves to the door. He allows the other two to leave, before bowing slightly to the enormous arena and shutting the large doors closed, locking them and then shunpo'ing back to the 10th Barracks.
    ---------------
    Arriving there, much of the 10th Division in the Seretei would be getting into formation for a head count. Aya and Myojin would then commence an official headcount before sending out appropriate patrols. After that, Aya, would take Myojin and a group of 5 and head the other patrols, reporting back to Taro, who would oversee from the barracks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Day 21

Hirokatsu Goto, Vice Captain and Acting Captain of the 9th Division:
    (On the way to the practice grounds with his backup force for the Kido Corps action.)

A large explosion is heard in the distance. In the direction of the 12th Division barracks.

Hirokatsu, leading a double column of 9th Division Shinigami in his backup force for the Kido Corps mission, on their way to the practice grounds, stops softly in his path. His eyes are shut and his face shaded from the sun above by his open umbrella. He pauses until the emergency Kido broadcast from the Commander General is done before taking a moment himself.

Turning to his acting VC, Kaki, he nods and then turns to the rest of the division behind him. A black butterfly descends to his finger as he begins to speak to the detachment of 9th Division Shinigami. His voice is as soft yet clear as it has ever been.

"Per instructions from the Commander General, we are to head back to the Barracks immediately for a headcount. Each of you take a partner and go in separate directions and inform all other Shinigami from ours or any other Division to do so as well, per edict of the Commander General. you have 10 minutes to be back. Go."

Turning to Kaki.

"Kaki, you will stay with me and we will head straight back. Once there form the men in the standard formation for roll call and mission assignment. Also, send out hell butterflies to those on missions in the Rukon and get a check in on them as well....Once we are through with our count, we will send out our 3 man patrols to gather intel and help with patrols."

"yes sir" She said understanding clearly her duties.

As his patrols ran off in groups of two, he would then speak into the Hell Butterfly and send it off. Inside was a message to his 10th Division members assigned to his backup force, explaining for them to return to their barracks as today's practice has been cancelled, and to await further information for when the practice will be made up.

Then looking down to Kaki, he would nod once again, then the two of them would bolt off back tot he barracks at their top speed.
    ---

Upon returning to the 9th Division barracks he would already see much of the Division forming up per their normal morning formation. Standing at the head of the large formation in the green and lush grass of the open courtyard he would await the rest of the men, while Kaki continued to monitor and send hell butterflies to those outside the Seretei.

As all the men were accounted for Kaki would then instruct the men on their new assignments for intel patrol and order them off once again.

Hirokatsu stood, his umbrella over his shaded face, his eyes closed. In deep thought, he began to think about the explosion. The early intelligence he received was too unreliable, but an explosion at or near the 12th Division was seemingly the source.

Kaki stood near and continued to listen to new information as it came in. The two of them stood in the almost empty courtyard for some time before Hirokatsu moved slowly back to his office. As he did so early intelligence was already flapping through his front door as he walked passed it and sat behind his desk. Kaki, took her place and began filtering what she could and organizing the info as it came in for Hirokatsu to wade and ponder through.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Day 21

Eiji Ito, 4th Seat of the 1st Division:
    (Sitting at the 1st Division Command Table, taking in new information as it came.)

"Ugh...frickin 3rdd Seat...gets sick and gets time off and then everythign drops in the Seretei...one after another...fires, Royal Guard transfers, Maggot's Nest explosion, Kido Corps defection, assassination attempts...ugh...now this? Some explosion at the 12th? UGh...i am so taking a holiday once the 3rd seat gets back...that or i am gonna find a way to get sick too..."

Eiji thinks to himself as he begins to see the long lien of 1st Division members start to stream in the command room. Each 1st Division member reporting in personally for a head count before returning to their duties.

Eiji had the long 1st Division membership paperwork on the table and his special black and silver pen in his other hand. Marking an extremely flourished check mark next to his own name, he then waved the members to come forward so he could check them off.

"Come on..."

As the stream of shinigami came through he saw a particularly cute new member of the 1st come by and Eiji took extra time to check mark her name very beautifully, before flashing a smile to her as she went off.

In a glassy eyed daze he watched her go and thought to himself.

"Maybe this won't be so bad...at least i get a chance to see how more cute all the girls have got."

He smiled a bit to himself as the girl left the room, and he exhaled out loud.

CRICKBOOOM!

Eiji little fantasy ended in a smash of the large heavy and fat unseated bumping into the table as he awaited his check mark.

"Ugh.."

Eiji thought to himself as he then saw the long stream of men in the line behind the large fat Shinigami. HE started checking them off lazily, keeping his eye on the door for the next cute girl to come through.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

12th Division

Masaru
    Masaru's face is as blank as Ryouichi's as he surveys the damage. He takes a couple of moments to send a butterfly off to the Vice-Captain of his Division, instructing them to carry out the Commander's orders, as well as locking down all current strategic and tactical documents and simulations.

He then started his search. He began with a perimeter search, but stopped when he saw the rubble shift, and then fall up.

"Unusual."

That was when Yoshi and HECATE arrived, Yoshi's eyepiece active and feeding him information even as he waved a different scientific instrument around in each hand. As he engaged in dynamic scientist dual-wielding action, he moved up next to the Commander-General to speak. Masaru moved back, recognizing that Yoshi may have more data.

"Sirs. Just so it's clear, the Captain had selected this lab to test the leftover zanpakutou from Kujo. I don't have the full list of what tests were being undertaken, though.
    We're detecting dimensional-level damage to the area, and....And no shinigami signatures, excluding ourselves.
    Procedure recommends we initiate voidspace security protocols. I've taken the liberty of contacting the appropriate members of my division and they are on their way now. For the moment, it may be best to hold off until we can ensure there aren't further tears in the space-time fabric here, as well as trying to contain some of the most volatile environmental hazards. I don't even want to guess what some of those fumes might inadvertently do to someone caught unawares. Alongside the voidspace security, three hazmat teams are on their way.
    "

Spoiler
    Show
    Draken, help me out and fluff out what these teams might do, and what measures we might have to take to contain the gases and such.