New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 4

"I can't claim to understand much of what you're talking about, but... if I understand it right, Kazuo-taichou could have fallen into a hole to another dimension?" Kazuma obviously had some difficulty grasping the concept. "If so... how is he to get back?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Mostly inter and intra planar barriers, canon 12th division apparently can raises those in the mortal world, doing it in SS itself wouldn't be hard.

A stray puff of smoke corrodes the leaves of a nearby tree into tarnished aluminum.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Kazuma largely ignored Jiro's 'woe'.

"Soutaichou, should I help with the immediate search, or should I head back to the barracks?" The 11th divisioner requested simply.
    "Go, help your division." Ryouichi continues looking down to the crater.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    12th Division

Masaru
    Masaru's face is as blank as Ryouichi's as he surveys the damage. He takes a couple of moments to send a butterfly off to the Vice-Captain of his Division, instructing them to carry out the Commander's orders, as well as locking down all current strategic and tactical documents and simulations.

He then started his search. He began with a perimeter search, but stopped when he saw the rubble shift, and then fall up.

"Unusual."

That was when Yoshi and HECATE arrived, Yoshi's eyepiece active and feeding him information even as he waved a different scientific instrument around in each hand. As he engaged in dynamic scientist dual-wielding action, he moved up next to the Commander-General to speak. Masaru moved back, recognizing that Yoshi may have more data.

"Sirs. Just so it's clear, the Captain had selected this lab to test the leftover zanpakutou from Kujo. I don't have the full list of what tests were being undertaken, though.
    We're detecting dimensional-level damage to the area, and....And no shinigami signatures, excluding ourselves.
    Procedure recommends we initiate voidspace security protocols. I've taken the liberty of contacting the appropriate members of my division and they are on their way now. For the moment, it may be best to hold off until we can ensure there aren't further tears in the space-time fabric here, as well as trying to contain some of the most volatile environmental hazards. I don't even want to guess what some of those fumes might inadvertently do to someone caught unawares. Alongside the voidspace security, three hazmat teams are on their way.
    "

Spoiler
    Show
    Draken, help me out and fluff out what these teams might do, and what measures we might have to take to contain the gases and such.
    "...Very well. Seal the area, but make sure to petition the 6th division to help search your division for any intruders, or Captain Kazuo." Ryouichi does not bother to say what he was thinking. Given the circumstances, it was possible Kujo was still alive...
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Day 21, late afternoon

Taro Banzuke, 3rd Seat of the 10th Division (Acting 10th Division Captain):
    (Watching spar with his future his Vice Captain Aya, and old VC and now 6th seat of the 10th Myojin)

Upon hearing the emergency broadcast kido from the Commander General, Taro rises his large body from his seat and looks to his two officers. His voice is gruff, but even tempered.

"Enough, we will continue this later...let's get back to the Barracks as soon as possible. Once we are all back, gather all in the courtyard and do a head count, and cross reference it with those outside the Seretei, make sure everyone is accounted for. After that we will start sending out small patrols to help....now go!"

Taro gathers up his paperwork and moves to the door. He allows the other two to leave, before bowing slightly to the enormous arena and shutting the large doors closed, locking them and then shunpo'ing back to the 10th Barracks.
    ---------------
    Arriving there, much of the 10th Division in the Seretei would be getting into formation for a head count. Aya and Myojin would then commence an official headcount before sending out appropriate patrols. After that, Aya, would take Myojin and a group of 5 and head the other patrols, reporting back to Taro, who would oversee from the barracks.
    Of course, sir.

Myojin sheathes his sword after quickly bowing to Aya, then follows Taro back to the 10th Barracks.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2011-12-01 at 11:13 PM.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Reikiku Nakamura - With Emet and Company

Reikiku opens her mouth to prepare a response to her Captain's query, but the sudden explosion pulls her attention. Her eyes go wide with surprise, then quickly shifts to fear. "What was that?"

At her Captain's order, Reikiku nods and falls into pace behind him, matching his speed as they move towards the explosion site.

Taiki Takahashi - Home

Taking a break from his meditations, Taiki spends a little time playing with Hikari, mostly enjoying some peekaboo. At the sound of the distant explosion, however, Taiki immediately shifts into a defensive role, moving swiftly toward the door to get a glimpse of outside. Scanning the horizon and based on the sound, either that explosion was incredibly close or it was at 12th and incredibly large. Neither option seemed very comforting.

For the rest of the day, Taiki keeps Benei at his waist and maintains a hair trigger on his blade.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    Of course, sir.

Myojin sheathes his sword after quickly bowing to Aya, then follows Taro back to the 10th Barracks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies. Increased work responsibilities is kicking my arse

Aya was about to launch into a counter-attack when the rumbling forced her to break off her maneuver and leap away from Myojin.

After hearing Taro's instructions, Aya salutes fist to heart and returns to the division in a swift Shunpo.

---------------------------------------------

Once the appropriate headcounts and personnel tally is done. Aya leads Myojin and the other patrols to head down to the 12th Division to see what happened.

Aya's own Execution Team has been dispatched the moment they had sensed the explosion and will wait for their leader's arrival to update her.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Fujiwara Akira looks into the direction of the explosion and a quick count of the volume and vibrations as well as the general direction could tell immediately that it came from the vicinity of the 12th Division.

Sending a Hell Butterfly to contact Aki and inform her to head down and join her, Akira sends another Butterfly to inform the 4th to be on standby for a possible surge in the injured on the hospital grounds.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I can't claim to understand much of what you're talking about, but... if I understand it right, Kazuo-taichou could have fallen into a hole to another dimension?" Kazuma obviously had some difficulty grasping the concept. "If so... how is he to get back?"
    "We can't be certain if that's the case until we get more data."

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mostly inter and intra planar barriers, canon 12th division apparently can raises those in the mortal world, doing it in SS itself wouldn't be hard.

A stray puff of smoke corrodes the leaves of a nearby tree into tarnished aluminum.
    Finally, 12th Division teams begin to arrive on site.

First are the ones putting up the multi-level dimensional sealing. A general dome goes up to ward off outside interference. Then, several machines are placed slightly inside the perimeter that will keep any new rifts from forming inside this area.

More men and women, many wearing bulky protective suits, begin to move around the area, trying to neutralize clouds of gas and pools of liquid, and even any dangerous solids of one sort or another.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    "Go, help your division." Ryouichi continues looking down to the crater.

"...Very well. Seal the area, but make sure to petition the 6th division to help search your division for any intruders, or Captain Kazuo." Ryouichi does not bother to say what he was thinking. Given the circumstances, it was possible Kujo was still alive...
    Yoshi nods as the teams are rushing in.

"Way ahead of you on the sealing, sir"

He turns to one of the officers scurrying around, leaning over to speak with him for a moment. The other officer nods and jogs away.

"We'll send a message to 6th, as well as bringing the whole Division to its highest alert status. All other experiments should already be on hold, or be there soon, depending on their nature. All sensors will be turned to their highest setting, and so forth."

As he spoke, containment and scanning was swinging into high gear. Hopefully they could at least figure out what happened to their Captain...
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Fujiwara Akira

While waiting for her vice-captain to show up, Akira approaches the Commander Captain. "Permission to set up a temporary medical station for the injured sir. The 4th Division is being mobilized."

And the Hell Butterflies Akira had sent out should have reached their destinations by now.

__________________________________________________ _________________

Konpaku Aya & Isamaru Myojin

Aya appears moments later and bows before the Commander Captain. "Sir, 10th Division 4th Seat Konpaku Aya at your command."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koujin moved in with a slow "Your left and upward-waist-high."

He then started a strike that was finally approaching the speed an attack should possess while informing Alysha, "Hachirou-san's right shoulder-from above." The decidedly unusual rumble and Jiro's hasty disappearance didn't prevent him from finishing the attack, but he was distracted enough to get knocked on his butt from Hachirou's kido.

"...What?"
    I dunno.
    Perhaps it came from over by the 12th Division facilities?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alysha does fairly well, though she's starting to show signs of getting tired.

The unexpected rumble catches her attention as well. She looks off in the general direction of the noise, expecting to see something.

Um...think we should check it out? Maybe?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Fujiwara Akira

While waiting for her vice-captain to show up, Akira approaches the Commander Captain. "Permission to set up a temporary medical station for the injured sir. The 4th Division is being mobilized."

And the Hell Butterflies Akira had sent out should have reached their destinations by now.

__________________________________________________ _________________

Konpaku Aya & Isamaru Myojin

Aya appears moments later and bows before the Commander Captain. "Sir, 10th Division 4th Seat Konpaku Aya at your command."
    Myojin stands just behind Aya, silent, holding his hat under his right arm.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Karite grinned as the strike hit, then a small frown began to cover his face as he noticed what Seiko was wearing. "Wait a mi-" He began to turn, and then Seiko's sword was at his neck.

Damn. He really shouldn't have expended all that energy on such a pointless set of moves. He grit his teeth as Seiko spoke. He was tired. Dead tired. He'd wasted far too much energy on flashy moves, because he had always been able to do that. But it looked like he couldn't do that anymore.

That was kind of depressing. "I'm alright Seiko. Fine. Just a bit annoyed that you tricked me again. 484 to 482."

He shoves the other man away, sheathing his sword, before panting and grinning at his friend. "You got a bit too into that, didn't you Seiko-kun?" He smirks, before sighing, running a hand through his hair.

"Looks like you were right though... I'm gonna need to practice again, especially if I can't use my most basic moves..." He glowers at his arm, as if it was the arm's fault that he could no longer use his usual abilities.
    Seiko was honestly glad that Karite had admitted defeat when he had. He did not want to the one responsible for working Karite to death. Hayashi-taichou was a scary woman, even more so now that pregnancy wasn't slowing her down anymore. He put away his sword.

"Feel up for round 3, or would you prefer to take it easy?" Seiko asked, just slightly mockingly. He sheathed his sword, expecting Karite to decline. It was about then that he saw the explosion.

"What the hell?! Sorry Karite-kun, we're going to have to postpone this. I need to go check on that." Without another word, Seiko vanished in shunpo towards the lab 52.

[Laboratory 52]

Seiko arrived, still missing his shihakusho, though this wasn't abnormal for him. He looked around, seeing both the Captain-Commander and Masaru-taichou.

"What happened here, and can I help?" He asked them.

[3rd Division]

Daisuke was just preparing to receive Suzume when the most unwelcome Jigokuchou landed on his shoulder. You've gotta be kidding me, he thought. With a few quick words and another message for the butterfly, the group disbanded. Daisuke sent the message to 10th to return Suzume to her cell, then released his Shikai and made his way to the lab. Maybe he'd have someone to execute there...Where the hell had that thought come from?

What's the matter, Dai-chan? Feeling a little...off?

Daisuke shook his head to clear it and kept moving.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2011-12-06 at 12:47 AM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Seiko was honestly glad that Karite had admitted defeat when he had. He did not want to the one responsible for working Karite to death. Hayashi-taichou was a scary woman, even more so now that pregnancy wasn't slowing her down anymore. He put away his sword.

"Feel up for round 3, or would you prefer to take it easy?" Seiko asked, just slightly mockingly. He sheathed his sword, expecting Karite to decline. It was about then that he saw the explosion.

"What the hell?! Sorry Karite-kun, we're going to have to postpone this. I need to go check on that." Without another word, Seiko vanished in shunpo towards the lab 52.

[Laboratory 52]

Seiko arrived, still missing his shihakusho, though this wasn't abnormal for him. He looked around, seeing both the Captain-Commander and Masaru-taichou.

"What happened here, and can I help?" He asked them.

[3rd Division]

Daisuke was just preparing to receive Suzume when the most unwelcome Jigokuchou landed on his shoulder. You've gotta be kidding me, he thought. With a few quick words and another message for the butterfly, the group disbanded. Daisuke sent the message to 10th to return Suzume to her cell, then released his Shikai and made his way to the lab. Maybe he'd have someone to execute there...Where the hell had that thought come from?

What's the matter, Dai-chan? Feeling a little...off?

Daisuke shook his head to clear it and kept moving.
    An invisible, all-costumed-up Soushi felt positively disappointed. He dragged himself out of the execution grounds and received his own message.

"Hai, hai..." He replied to himself with a very disinterested expression. Oh well. Duty called.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

14. - Top - End - #194

HECATE's eyes glazed over, and her mouth opened slightly. Despite Yoshi's... misgivings with her current way of accessing the database, this was the quickest and most simple way.

"ACCESSING VIDEO ARCHIVE FILES"

The voice was... less than human, a cool metallic tinge to her usually emotionless tones. However, while her words may have lacked emotion, her voice never had that metal sound.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    Koujin moved in with a slow "Your left and upward-waist-high."

He then started a strike that was finally approaching the speed an attack should possess while informing Alysha, "Hachirou-san's right shoulder-from above." The decidedly unusual rumble and Jiro's hasty disappearance didn't prevent him from finishing the attack, but he was distracted enough to get knocked on his butt from Hachirou's kido.

"...What?"
    I dunno.
    Perhaps it came from over by the 12th Division facilities?
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post

The unexpected rumble catches her attention as well. She looks off in the general direction of the noise, expecting to see something.

Hachirou stops his assault when it becomes apparent neither of his comrades are focusing. Then, the alarm sounds and a jigokucho drifts by, announcing orders for all officers to return to their posts.

"... okay, what in the blazes is it now? The end of the world?"
    , he mutters, then turns and bows to Alysha and Koujin. "I'm sorry, but it seems we have to continue on better time. I have to hurry and switch to my uniform. I hope you have a good evening." He then walks out of the room, before quickening his pace and Shunpoing through the streets towards his own division.

---

[Meanwhile, elsewhere]

Zaraki Nasumi is clueless about the state of things, having just woken up in the hospital with a loud yawn. Rubbing her eyes, she noticed there's some sort of an event going on... but she decided not to stay and watch, and is now doing her best to sneak out without interrupting anyone. Maybe, seeing everyone is distracted, she could slip out completely unnoticed!

... but that would be wrong, so she sheepishly tip-toes to the service counter to check out instead, face bright pink from nagging conscience due to having though naughty thoughts.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    HECATE's eyes glazed over, and her mouth opened slightly. Despite Yoshi's... misgivings with her current way of accessing the database, this was the quickest and most simple way.

"ACCESSING VIDEO ARCHIVE FILES"

The voice was... less than human, a cool metallic tinge to her usually emotionless tones. However, while her words may have lacked emotion, her voice never had that metal sound.
    At HECATE's access, a stray Kazuo-vision on its programmed patrol flies down to the area, its image turning on to show the former 52nd laboratory.

The camera is centered on a zanpakuto on top of a pedestal, with the nameless intruments of the 12th division hanging all over and around. Kazuo is next to the sword, and there are no other researchers, only a couple of artificial soul assistants.

"This is captain Ryou Kazuo of the 12th Division o Court Guard Squads recording file number 97.263.111-39, codename 'Ranmyaku' referent to the leftover zanpakutou of deceased enemy of Soul Society 'Kujo'. Preliminary research yielded all information I am expected to acquire on this artifact. Ranmyaku has been classified as a kidõ-type zanpakutou, its ability releases a discharge of reiryoku on impact, this discharge disrupts the relations of cause and effect, making it so that the strike can have effects other than the expected cutting. Because of this effect, I have determined it unsafe to run any tests, because... Well, in this particular scenario, repeating actions expecting similar results is madness."

While Kazuo speaks, one of the reigai behind him keeps looking up at the ceiling.

"I have determined that the zanpakutou is too unsafe to attempt destruction or use..."

A fly appears in the background, heading down towards the sword.

"...I will be issuing orders to seal it as an M.V.L. class threat and-"

And when the fly lands, all hell breaks loose, and the recording ends in a blue screen.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

Upon watching the video, Ryouichi goes pale, but only to a point where it is vaguely noticeable.

"...Very well, all but authorized 12th division members evacuate the area." He barks, though it doesn't have his usual push. In short order, he turns to move away from the ruins, his brain racked with options. He quickly sends a Hell Butterfly to all captains except Masaru (whom was present, also possibly Seiko?).

There would be a Captains meeting. In one hour.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro looks on in shock at what happened here. He had been about to leave when he had saw the video. He then starts walking away towards the 11th division barracks. Tachi-chan is also shocked at what the video showed. Was Kujo really so powerful that even when he was dead that his Zanpakuto caused such destruction? This thoughts rattle in their head on the way to 11th.

19. - Top - End - #199

Upon watching the video, Ryouichi goes pale, but only to a point where it is vaguely noticeable.

"...Very well, all but authorized 12th division members evacuate the area." He barks, though it doesn't have his usual push. In short order, he turns to move away from the ruins, his brain racked with options. He quickly sends a Hell Butterfly to all captains except Masaru (whom was present, also possibly Seiko?).

If Hecate was human, she would have blushed, wallowing in misery.

She ruined everything. Now all of the people who weren't in her division couldn't be around.

"...I apologize for my actions Ryouichi-soutaichou. I would like to request a way to make them up to you."

The dead eyes and blank look remain, as they always have.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-12-13 at 09:41 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"We had to know, HECATE-san. You did no wrong here."

Still, Yoshi is shocked. His own coutenance has paled, and for a few moments, he just stands there, shocked. Then, he shakes his head, and suddenly all emotion has left his face.

"All containment units: Initiate wide-area M.V.L. threat containment procedures. We need to determine if Kujo's sword is still present. I want cleanup proceeding slow and careful, you understand? Good. Let's lock this down, people."

He barely paid mind as the others left. This was a job for 12th, and no one else.

Meanwhile, Masaru was walking away, his own face expressionless, if a bit pale. He sent a short message to Soushi, one his Vice-Captain would understand.

Walnut acknowledges Root. Evening draws, petals close. Prepare for winter.
    It was a message to lock down 8th even tighter, and prepare for potentially dire changes in Soul Society. The implications weren't clear, but it was clear something was happening, and it wasn't good.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

Soushi seemed to perk up slightly as he got the message.

It predicted good times.

His specialty was information, and as such, he knew exactly what to do with his orders.

Soushi ran off to the 8th division's barracks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Say Berry, does a Captain's meeting also include Vice-Captains?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki Takahashi

Taiki receives a Hell Butterfly. For a moment, he contemplates his response. Hikari cheerfully gurgles in the next room as he thinks, and in turning to look at her, he knows his answer.

"Sorry sir, but I am currently unfit to return to duty. Please expect Taro Banzuke to attend the meeting in my place."
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-12-14 at 02:58 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post

Koujin stands and looks in the direction of the commotion.
    "Um...
    He turns back to Alysha.
    ...Well, I suppose that if support was needed, some kind of alert would be announced. Then again, it's probably a good idea if we reported to our divisions anyway. Let them know we weren't caught up in whatever that was..."
    And...?
    Oh.
    "...And maybe we could meet up here at a later time? So you can keep practicing? I'll see if I can find someone to work with us, unless you know someone already...?"

24. - Top - End - #204

Alysha nods in agreement. Okay, yeah. That sounds like a good idea.

And yeah, we can meet back here. I don't know of anybody off hand. But, if i find someone, I'll bring them.

And unless Koujin has more to say, Alysha will return her zanpakuto to normal, sheath it, and head for the fourth division barracks.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

25. - Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Day 21, late afternoon

Taro Banzuke, 3rd Seat of the 10th Division (Acting 10th Division Captain):
    (In the 10th Division office)

"Get back to your patrol Ren-san...thanks for the update"

Taro said to the unseated 10th Division member as the young man bowed to his Acting Captain and ran back out of the office and to his duties.

Acting Captain of the 10th Division, Taro Banzuke, sighed to himself as he reached to a large cup of water. As he did so the message came through for a Captain's Meeting. Taro's eyes widened and he wasn't exactly sure what to do. He wasn't the Captain, hell, he wasnt even going to be the Vice Captain once Taiki-taicho returned.

Taro's large face grimaced as he knew clearly he was acting Captain and it was his duty to go the Captain's Meeting, and he knew it wasnt uncommon for a Vice Captain to fill in for Captain when they were away and a Captain's Meeting was called. But, Taiki-sama WAS around, and if this indeed was something so important to call for a Captain's meeting, he wasnt so sure he shouldnt go and interrupt his Captain's 'alone' time.

"Maybe i should ask Myojin or Aya..."

Taro thought to himself as he took a swig of water. Some of it dribbling down the front of his black robes and onto a few papers on the desk.

Then Taro leaned back, the creaking of the, obviously in pain, chair under his massive weight struggled to stay rigid as it was put to the test. Taro then leaned back forward shaking his head and letting a little smile creep from his mouth.

"BAH!...this is what the Captain wanted me to do...he didnt pick Aya for Acting Captain...he picked ME...he obviously is testing me...and i cant let him down..."

He thought to himself wryly.

Taro then got up from his chair and whispered a few lines into a Hell Butterfly telling Aya and Myojin of where he was going, before he straightened his robes up and tucked his fan and zanpaktuo into his belt. He also took off the pinned letter from the Captain showing that he was Acting Captain, and tried to fold it nicely and tuck it into his belt as well, just in case someone did not know of the field promotion.

He reached down and grabbed another drink of water and then wiped his mouth with his sleeve and set out the door and on to the Captain's Meeting.

--

Arriving to the 1st Division Taro felt a little awkward, seeing as he rarely came to the 1st for any reason. After having to show his letter from Taiki to prove his rank and get in for the meeting, he made his way through the cramped hallways (for him) to the meeting area. It reminded him of his first sumo match at the big arena. He wasnt scared, but he did feel a little intimidated.

Taro only hoped that he would feel as calm stepping into the line position of the 10th Division, as he did when he first stepped into the ring for a wrestling match.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Day 21

Hirokatsu Goto, Vice Captain and Acting Captain of the 9th Division:
    (In his office at the 9th Division Barracks)

As Hirokatsu received notification of the Captain's meeting he immediately set down the reports he was reading, stood, and looked over to Kaki. His eyes opened and his voice calm, he spoke succinctly and kindly.

"The Captain General has called for a Captain's meeting. I leave the 9th Division to you while i am at the meeting, keep the information flowing and make sure our members are in constant rotations until there is new word and orders from the Captain General. I will return as soon as I can."

Kaki nodded and replied.

"Yes, of course, Goto-sama"

He then picked up his umbrella from behind him, which was leaning against the back wall, and brought it up to his shoulder, then made his way for the door. A host of black Hell Butterflies flapped their way up to and perched atop of his umbrella as he moved through the door. It wasn't the longest road to the Captain's meeting area, but by leaving now, he could still get some work done along the way, as well as think on what the meeting may pertain to besides the recent explosion. It seemed odd to Hirokatsu that a Captain's meeting would be called for THIS event and not in light of the many recent events of varying magnitudes.

He stepped down from the porch and raised his umbrella to its opened position, before he escaped the shade of the overhang, and moved towards and out the Barracks door and into the streets. His eyes closed and his gait steady, the fluttering of the perched and flapping Hell Butterflies made for an interesting sight as he moved down the center of the street to the 1st Division Barracks and to the meeting.

----

Upon arriving at the 1st Division, he would pass through any and all formalities, as he had learned while in the 1st as well as in his time since he left the 1st so many years before. finding

He had not been to a true Captain's meeting as t he leader of the 9th Division yet, only filling in a few times when Kiku-taicho was away on a mission, so he tried to look for others as he made his approach to the hallowed room.

He did his best to continue doing his work until he saw the time to enter, making sure to be courteous to the other Captains as they arrived.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koujin and the voices in his head watch Alysha leave.
    ...So...she's just going to know when to meet up next...?
    I'm certain we'll figure something out.
    You think that guy we fought with a while back would want to help? Or just going another round?
    Crossdale-san? I suspect he might be interested. The last time we sparred was certainly enjoyable...

You're forgetting something...
    Um...
    The fact that someone didn't want to beat up on that kid because he was 'teaching' or something?
    ...no. Shut up ______.
    Oh! Right. Go check in with my division, let them know I didn't get exploded.

Koujin blinks hard and shakes his head lightly, the first movements he's made since Alysha left. He smoothly sheathes his sword and turns toward the 6th division.
    -----
    After a brisk walk and an additional minute to mentally process the partly destroyed barracks, Koujin begins to search for his superior, Damara.

(Actually, what is the condition of the 6th's structures? I only know the place was attacked.)

27. - Top - End - #207

Sixth Division
    Southern Grounds

Very unusually, the Sixth Division Vice Captain cannot be found in his office, which is where he seems to live these days. A message left on the door, written in the Vice Captain's neat handwriting, gives directions to the southern part of the Sixth Division's compound, a few minutes of a walk away. As Koujin arrives, Damara is overseeing the repairs on one of the most heavily damaged buildings, which had a large section of its roof collapse due to the destruction of a load-bearing pillar.

((Several buildings scattered sporadically around the compound received significant damage. Nothing was outright destroyed, but the repair process will take some time.))
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Vice-Captain? I...Um..."
    Just be concise. He seems to appreciate that.
    Koujin frowns, then shrugs and walks closer.

"Shishihara-san, I'm reporting in after finishing with managing the back logs from storage rooms N-3 through N-46. Also...I'm wondering what exactly happened here..."

29. - Top - End - #209

Due to the use of power tools by the workers in the immediate vicinity, Damara does not hear Koujin's first attempt at speaking. The second, more confident speech does reach his ears, however, and he turns to face the approaching twelfth seat. He listens, as always, impassively to Koujin's report.
    My, my, isn't he being formal. Maybe you scare him, Damara.
    "I see. Please submit a written report on your assignment to fourth seat Kiyal when you have the opportunity."
    Aw, that's cold. Come on, at least give him some encouragement. Like, "job well done."
    He turns back to the reconstruction. At first, it seems as though he is ignoring Koujin's question, but after a few seconds of (relative) silence, he speaks.
    Here we go...come on, there's nothing you could have done even if you were here.
    "I assume you are aware of Kujo's recent assault on the Soul Society. During this attack, one of his subordinates, another rogue Shinigami named Suzume, created a series of explosive kidō traps around the compound. A few were discovered and disarmed, but it was impossible to arrange a full sweep of the area before the rest detonated. As a result, we have sustained significant structural damage to roughly 37% of the Sixth Division's facilities. We are currently in the process of repairing, with the assistance of the 7th Division."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    "I see. Please submit a written report on your assignment to fourth seat Kiyal when you have the opportunity."
    Koujin nods, his face lacking even his usual uncertain expression."Understood."
    ...More paperwork? If I never see paperwork again...
    You mean that rather extensive portion of Koujin's work?
    Yeah! He should just stop doing that stuff.
    That would be counterproductive at best, and once again shows why he shouldn't listen to you.
    ...would you two stop talking as though I weren't here or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    "I assume you are aware of Kujo's recent assault on the Soul Society. During this attack, one of his subordinates, another rogue Shinigami named Suzume, created a series of explosive kidō traps around the compound. A few were discovered and disarmed, but it was impossible to arrange a full sweep of the area before the rest detonated. As a result, we have sustained significant structural damage to roughly 37% of the Sixth Division's facilities. We are currently in the process of repairing, with the assistance of the 7th Division."
    "I was only...told of the event. Thank you for the information. Unless you need my assistance, may I have your leave? I'd like to go check on the condition of my quarters."
    ...both from the damage it might have taken, as well as my extended absence...
    I bet it's destroyed...not like you had much in there anyway. So, hey! no real loss!
    That would be my luck...
    It should be alright. Damara said that only about a third was significantly damaged...