New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 4

"Do we have a plan B in case said operation fails? Please tell me it's not 'go home and pray'." Sure, this was the freaking Commander-General, so jokes of THAT caliber he probably didn't make.

So why did this all FEEL like the butt end of a bad joke?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

" . . . "

" . . ."

Sayuri coughs. Soushi can probably feel her glaring death at him from the corner of her eyes. Ryouichi just... looks at him. They're probably not the only ones wondering why this joker was allowed in the meeting.

Then, the Commander-General lets out a chuckle. "No. We cut off the praying part due to time constraints."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

"Apologies for the poor joke, Soutaichou. But I wouldn't be Vice-Captain of the Strategy Division if I ignored the possibility that even a last resort can fail." Soushi noted without missing a beat, as if he hadn't even jested in the first place. "Committing everything to the surprise element is tactical suicide. We have no idea how unexpected we are, right now."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

"As much as I appreciate you playing the Devil's advocate, Nagamichi-fukutaichou, I'd rather you not be such a smartass about it. Some people here are in a hurry", Ryouichi replies, smiling. "You should know what the operation includes. It does not hinge on surprise, that is just a bonus."

"We have reasons to believe the Hollows are currently not at their best either. Last time I met Von Geister, everything suggested he is having some... trouble with his so-called Espada. This is nothing special, but while the situation persists, he can't devote all his attention to us. Even if he sees us coming, there's only so much he can do about it."

"Which is why I'm calling our shots now. Overall organization of our enemy has always been laughable compared to us, but now we're going to make the most out of it.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

"I see. Would it be alright if I readied a plan B, in any case? Or do you actually need me for something else?" Soushi noted, with some interest, that it couldn't be a coincidence he and Saiyuri were asked to be in the same room.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Pixie in the Playground

Day 21, late afternoon

Taro Banzuke, 3rd Seat of the 10th Division (Acting 10th Division Captain):
    (1st Division Barracks, Captain's meeting)

"Man...3 new Captains? WAR?" Taro thought to himself.

He listened to his Captain General as he spoke and decided to clamp down the Seretei. He had several patrols ongoing and there were many 10th Division members to round up.

He stood for a moment in line then turned and bowed to the General, then to the other Captain's especially the new ones. He kind of felt bad for them.

"I remember when a Captaincy announcement took precedent over everything else... things must truly be dire....i didnt even see them get handed their white robes..."

Taro thought to himself as he made his way out the room and the 1st barracks. He sent out Hell Butterflies as he went announcing to the 10th that they needed to be back at the barracks ASAP and that the 3rd and 4th seats, Aya and Myojin, would greet them and explain the new situation.

Taro did not head to the 10th Barracks, he headed for his Captain's residency. He did not want to interfere with his off-time, and he wasnt even sure he would find him there, but he figured he had no choice but to inform his Captain of the news.
    --------------------------
    (Captain Taiki's private residence)

Arriving at his Captain's residence he straightened his robes and knocked his heavy handed knock on the main door and took a breath in hopes of awaiting some kind of response.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Day 21

Hirokatsu Goto, Vice Captain and Acting Captain of the 9th Division:
    (1st Division Barracks)

Hirokatsu stood as he listened to the Captain General's voice as he explained the situation, his closed eyes hidden behind his large long and tufted eyebrows, and his mouth and lips only a hint of which showing behind his long mustache. His arms were behind his back and hands clutching his closed umbrella horizontally. His black haori jacket laid over his black robes down to just above his knees, and He too had felt the strangely active environment the Shinigami were in. So many strange occurrences, some seemingly good and others horrendous, in such a short time was not something to overlook. In fact Hirokatsu had reorganized the duties of the 3rd to accommodate this feeling.

Hirokatsu listened intently, as he described the full lock down of the Seretei and the Gotei 13. This had major implications on his division, as MOST of the their work was outside the Seretei walls. This was not a small thing, and it must have been obvious to the Captain General, so he must have had an idea of what this would mean to the 9th. Hirokatsu thought on the possibiliteis of how he could restructure and organize the 9th to better facilitate an intra-Seretei type of workload.

This inner dialog he had with himself however immediately stopped when he heard the Captain General call his name and ask him to step forward. He immediately took a single step forward and turned his head slightly to look to the Captain General. Then he heard the Captain General declare him (and the others called) "Captain". Even the not so keen of eye would have been able to see Hirokatsu long eyebrows go up a bit revealing his obviously opened eyes as he look in surprise to the Captain General.

Hirokatsu was truly surprised, he had only just taken over the 9th Division for his past Captain Kiku. And while few knew, he had only recently shown and used his Bankai outside his inner world. Hirokatsu was not surprised that he would be considered however only surprised at the timing of the announcement, he knew he was Acting Captain for a reason and definitely had the years put in, and he had even remember old 5th Taicho, Osamu, seemingly joking and warning Hirokatsu that if he kept doing such a good job that he was going to personally recommend him for a Captain seat.

"That Osamu...even in death he still find a way to guide me" Hirokatsu thought to himself.

His eyes and eyebrows receded slightly as he realized this appointment was not of importance at this time. He nodded to the Captain General in appreciation and recognition, as he told them all to step back. He listened as the Captain General continued ultimately referring to preparations for "war".

Hirokatsu had never liked the idea of war, however at this point ,and in this situation. Perhaps it was the thing to do. Mobilize and strike hard and fast.

"Picking my new Lt.?...." Hirokatsu thought to himself.

Hirokatsu had no doubt he wanted Kaki for the position, but in a time of war, was she truly the best choice for such a time. She was developing fast, and their bond was growing, especially after what happened in the Rukongai. But she was nowhere near ready for a wartime environment in his opinion. Perhaps he would have to look elsewhere for Shinigami for his new vacant seat. And how was he going to tell Kaki?

As the meeting ended Hirokatsu was left with questions for the Captain General, and though he had not been asked to stay, he could with no good sense not ask about his division's new duties.

As the other Captain's left and those who were asked to remain did, Hirokatsu stayed in his position in the Captain's line. His umbrella now upside down and held like a cane with his right hand, his other hand gently touched his wooden Lt's badge on his white belt which he had worn for so long.

He turned his head to the Captain general and spoke with confidence, his eyes open past his long eyebrows.

"Excuse me sir..."

He waited to be received by the Captain General, and then moved towards him while he spoke. He held his belt with his left hand and his umbrella clicked on the wood as he walked with it as a cane, though not leaning on it.

"You refer to 'specific permission' for actions outside the walls of the Seretei...however my Division's duties are at least %80 beyond those walls on both Earth and in the Rukongai. Are our duties to be now only confined by those walls, or are our actions to be delegated to 'specific permission'?"

He stopped a few feet from the Captain General as he concluded his statement. His eyes open to his Captain General as he stood undoubtedly in the midst of the others chosen to stay behind. He awaited the Head Captain's response an stood leaning on his cane held umbrella in front of him with both clasping it on top softly.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Bugbear in the Playground

[First Division Conference Room]

Damara had not expected to be called to the Captains' meeting. Despite his status as acting Captain, the meetings were still (usually) only attended by those who possessed the actual rank. As he arrives, he is surprised but also somewhat reassured by the presence of several other non-Captains. Clearly, this was to be an unusual meeting. He listens silently as Ryouichi gives his speech. It was a sensible, if extreme response; if Hueco Mundo truly was planning to invade, however, all of that and more would be needed. Damara watches with indifference as the three are summarily promoted. Ideally, they would be up to the task.

When Damara himself is called to step forward, he is surprised but does not show it, stepping forward with as much emotion as he typically displays, which is none. As Ryouichi delivers his orders, Damara wants to speak. He wants to say that he can't leave, there's no one to delegate to, that the Sixth Division would fall apart without his direct oversight. He wants to say that he has failed his training for the past ninety-nine years, so why should this next week be any different? He wants to say that he has all but given up, as his sword, much to his shame, has thus far refused to even test him. He says nothing, merely nods and steps back, his face clear of the turmoil that affects his mind.
    I'll test you when you're good and ready. You're not.
    When the meeting is dismissed, Damara walks back to the Sixth Division's compound, moving more slowly than his normal, efficient, pace. When he arrives, he makes his way through the compound to his office. He steps inside, unusually keeping his sword at his side. Moving over to the wall, he activates the intercom.

"Third Seat Sekkajin, Fourth Seats Chiyo and Sasakibe, and Sixth Seat Mariko, report to the office of the Vice Captain."

Damara takes a seat at his desk and swiftly writes out four letters, one for each of the called officers. One they all arrive, he quickly briefs them on the situation.

"Third Seat, you are now acting Vice Captain of the Division. I am still acting Captain. If there are any situations requiring a Captain's clearance or authority, contact me. Additionally, you will be in charge of deployment and the associated paperwork. Chiyo, I am assigning you to logistical duties and requisitions. Sasakibe, training assignments. Sixth Seat, you are to aid any of them should their load prove too great. Third Seat, your first act should be calling an assembly in order to make the announcement of war to the division at large. Are there any questions?"

Their silence is all the answer he needs. In truth, they are less concerned than he is; Damara is obsessive in his work, insisting that he handle everything that is humanly possible. As a result, he is more worried than he has necessary justification to be.

"You are all dismissed."

The officers leave the room, Sekkajin pausing at the intercom to call an assembly. Once he is alone, Damara closes and locks the door. Moving over to a clear patch on the wall, he slides a concealed panel out of the way and pulls a lever, causing a hidden door to open. He enters, descending down a staircase into a large room below the office. The room is rectangular, the walls, floor, and ceiling all made of uniform stone. In the very center of the room is a square of metal floor with a small, raised altar designed to have a sword inserted in it. At one end of the room is a pool of water fed by a small waterfall. At the other, a door is set into the rock that leads to a pantry. Damara himself enters on one of the long walls.

This room is the Hall of Trials. It was designed for this exact purpose: to give a secluded place for Vice Captains to train themselves to Bankai. Damara has been here a few times in the past, but never for long enough. There was always more work, and he could never devote the time. Damara frowns ever so slightly, then draws his Zanpakuto. Hesitantly, he steps onto the metal, plants his sword in the receptacle, then sits cross legged in front of it. He closes his eyes as he enters Jinzen.

Spoiler
    Show

Damara opens his eyes in the night sky. He glances around before settling his eyes on the pulsing star on front of him.

"Give me the test."

It flashes cheekily.

"Sure. Answer my questions."

The questions. Ever the problem. Once he had finally reached the level of ability necessary to manifest Shiro Hoshi, he had attempted to obtain Bankai only to have the spirit refuse to fight him. It required him to answer ten questions first. Damara had determined the answer to nine. The last was proving impossible.

"Very well. Let's begin."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

Myojin, left with no orders, is sitting cross-legged in the middle of the training grounds outside of the 10th division barracks. His zanpakuto laying in his lap, Myojin is obviously meditating.

Spoiler
    Show
    Myojin opens his eyes in the center of a brightly lit clearing surrounded by blooming cherry trees. in front of him is a large throne, with a large, old man full black o-yoroi. Next to him stands a young woman in white fencing gear. Myojin bows to the two.

Tatsumasa. Umezawa.

Myojin. Welcome.
    Good to see you again.

Friends, we are back where we started. War. We've been through it before. I trust we can get through it again.

The scarred old man smiles.
    Good. It's time all these koshinuke saw what we can really do.

The young woman looks between the two rather aged men, and smirks, chuckling a little.
    Once more into the fray, then, old friends?

Indeed.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

[1st Division]

Ryouichi watches his other underlings leave, but notices Hirokatsu is hesitant. "A moment, Nagamichi-san. Your task will be revealed soon enough", he says, then nods to Hirokatsu. The old-yet-recent Captain may see Ryouichi's eyes burning with hatred and despisal, though they are not directed at him.

"As I said, we've been betrayed, Goto-taichou"
    , he replies. "I hold my stance - I want everyone of our troops within the walls. There is no way Kujo and that accursed Primera could've pulled what they did without inside help."

"Now, there are several ways they could've obtained this information. To name one, Vice-Captain of my old friend Norenni-san went missing only few months ago - she was presumed dead, but in truth, we don't really know."
    Goto should recognize name of the previous 4th Division Captain, promoted to fabled 0th Division just a day before the attack.

"In any case, we must watch our own just as much as our enemies. Now, once all your troops have been recalled and we know for sure who is present, you'll have much leeway in rearranging their operations. You can authorize missions outside Seireitei to fulfill necessary functions of your Division."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki Takahashi

Taiki stands over Hikari's crib, his hands over his face while the child looks up at him inquisitively. He swings his hands outward as if on hinges at his face and whispers "Peek-a-boo!" Hikari swings her little infant arms around and laughs. Taiki smiles and pulls her up to his shoulder, Hikari's laughter filling the room. "You like that? Let's go flying!" He slowly walks around the room, holding Hikari on his shoulder as he goes, letting her swing her arms and legs and enjoy the movement.

After hearing the knock, Taiki puts Hikari back in the crib. "Come in, Taro."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

11. - Top - End - #251
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [1st Division]

Ryouichi watches his other underlings leave, but notices Hirokatsu is hesitant. "A moment, Nagamichi-san. Your task will be revealed soon enough", he says, then nods to Hirokatsu. The old-yet-recent Captain may see Ryouichi's eyes burning with hatred and despisal, though they are not directed at him.

"As I said, we've been betrayed, Goto-taichou"
    , he replies. "I hold my stance - I want everyone of our troops within the walls. There is no way Kujo and that accursed Primera could've pulled what they did without inside help."

"Now, there are several ways they could've obtained this information. To name one, Vice-Captain of my old friend Norenni-san went missing only few months ago - she was presumed dead, but in truth, we don't really know."
    Goto should recognize name of the previous 4th Division Captain, promoted to fabled 0th Division just a day before the attack.

"In any case, we must watch our own just as much as our enemies. Now, once all your troops have been recalled and we know for sure who is present, you'll have much leeway in rearranging their operations. You can authorize missions outside Seireitei to fulfill necessary functions of your Division."
    Day 21, late afternoon

Hirokatsu Goto, Captain of the 9th Division:
    (1st Division Barracks)

Hirokatsu looks on to the Captain General, noticing his displeasure, and is interested as to what might be the reasoning, as it seems to obviously involve those still present in the meeting. He pays it no heed though and focuses on the General's words and orders.

Goto understands his reasoning, though he knows it may cause for some gaps in intelligence gathering in the meantime. He himself knows he has several undercover missions going on at the present, and can only imagine the 2nd and 10th do as well. Recalling those troops will be difficult, even it is only to order them right back out to their posts.

Making a decision like this, potentially at the expense of these ongoing missions is a bigger deal than i believe many would know, is not one to be taken lightly in any sense.

Goto nodded to Captain General as he reiterated his thoughts and clarified his position on missions once all the Shinigami are accounted for. This made Goto somewhat happy as he knew that even a blink can result in not seeing what goes on. To Goto the Shinigami were rolling the dice a little on this move, but the risk must have been necessary.

"I understand sir, i will commence the retrieval of my Division immediately and do a full report on each of them...Once all are accounted for and are in good standing...i will send them back tot heir duties...and considering the situation i will cease non essential extra-Seretei missions until further notice."

Bowing his head slightly as he stepped back.

"The 9th Division is as ever at your service sir..."

Hirokatsu wanted to say thank you to the Captain General, he felt he should in someway let him know that he was grateful for his confidence. However Goto did nothing but bow his head and await a response. Goto knew, from his long years of service, that the best way to thank his General for this high honor was to do his duty. Festivities and accolades would have to wait, there was work to do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Taiki Takahashi

Taiki stands over Hikari's crib, his hands over his face while the child looks up at him inquisitively. He swings his hands outward as if on hinges at his face and whispers "Peek-a-boo!" Hikari swings her little infant arms around and laughs. Taiki smiles and pulls her up to his shoulder, Hikari's laughter filling the room. "You like that? Let's go flying!" He slowly walks around the room, holding Hikari on his shoulder as he goes, letting her swing her arms and legs and enjoy the movement.

After hearing the knock, Taiki puts Hikari back in the crib. "Come in, Taro."
    Day 21, late afternoon

Taro Banzuke, 3rd Seat of the 10th Division (Acting-Captain of the 10th Division):
    (Taiki's residence)

Taro heard his voice form inside the building, he somehow had tried to deny the fact that he felt Taiki's presence inside, his Captain's spiritual pressure was not one he could miss this close. In Taro's head he probably did so just hoping to not disrupt his Captain's family. A few knocks and no response and he would have all the reason to let them be.

However with hearing his response, Taro changed his stance and instead of being timid, he opened the door with the confidence Taiki had left with him. He entered as the Acting Captain of the 10th, not the 3rd Seat and not an underling to be denied. For him to show up like this meant it was absolutely necessary for his words to be heard, no matter the disruption.

Upon entering the home, he ad to turn sideways and duck a little get through the doorway, and being as respectful as he could he only took one or two steps in before bowing his head to his Captain. Noticing the child he tried to be as soft with his voice as possible and condense what he could, but there was no way he could do so without disrupting the child and any other family inside.

"Captain sir, I truly apologize for my disruption but i have come straight from the Captain's meeting and felt you should be aware of the situation...."

Taro then would dictate the happenings of the meeting to Taiki.

"...So that is about it sir...I will understand if you need to return sir, the men may need to hear this from their Captain at a time like this...."

Taro looked to his Captain, not with a look of 'needing' him but more of a respect for what Taiki i could offer the men that Taro could not. Acting-Captain or not Taro was not Taiki...Taiki was revered by the men and his guidance what they had leaned on.

Taro awaited his Captain's response, though he did try to get a peek at the child, he still had not seen it yet.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

[1st Division]

"You have my gratitude for that, Goto-san. Dismissed", Ryouichi replies.

Once the brand-new 9th Division Captain has left, he turns his attention to Masaru, Soushi and Sayuri.

"The reason why I only have you three here is because I don't want too many cooks for this soup. The details of this mission are not topical to the rest, only the results will be. Masaru-san and Soushi-san, you're here because planning is your job. Sayuri-ch-... excuse me, Yamamoto-san is here because your missions will take place simultaneously and in the same area, and I need you to be aware of each other if something goes wrong." It looks like Ryouichi quickly changed his manner of speech after noticing his Lieutenant giving him a particularly nasty glare.

"I've received some interesting intel about the high-school in Fushichou Town. It looks like lately, a defector from Soul Society, and a former Kido Corps member, no less, has been working there under the guise of a teacher. In addition, I have reasons to suspect the Headmistress of the school is an agent of Las Noches."
    Ryouichi pauses for a moment to let the potential implications sink in.

"I want at least the Headmistress apprehended and brought into Soul Society. I have a hunch whatever she's doing there is pretty damn important. I believe this is the reason why Old Ghost got personally involved in the incident that happened some time ago. He was worried of that idiot Septima of his screwing up something bigger."

"But I don't want the Old Ghost to know it's us. According to several eyewitnesses, as well as former 3rd seat of 13th, Yama Akio, the Hollow enemy nicknamed Elder has been around that city as well."

"Now, I have no idea if that thing is even in Japan anymore. Probably not. But I want you to make it seem like it's responsible for this. If we can get Von Geister send even one of his accursed Espadas on a wild goose chase after it, we're winning. If it rids us of Elder, even better."

"I don't care how you go about doing this. I'm sure you can work something out. Yamamoto-san, what this means for your operation is that in addition of dealing with the Kido Corps rebels, your operation will serve as a veil for this secondary mission. You'll be our means of maintaining plausible deniability. I also must ask you to stress stealth in your operation much more than priorly. At this point, it looks like a foregone conclusion the Corps rebels are working with our mortal enemy, but on the off-chance it is not so, I don't want to give accurate picture to Old Ghost of the scope and importance of your mission."

"I'll supply you with details of your target soon. Any questions?"

13. - Top - End - #253
    Pixie in the Playground

[1st Division]

Once the brand-new 9th Division Captain has left, he turns his attention to Masaru, Soushi and Sayuri.
    Day 21, late afternoon

Hirokatsu Goto, Captain of the 9th Division:
    (1st Division Barracks)

"Very well sir"

Hirokatsu nodded to the Captain General politely and turned his back on the small group. Trying to nod to each of them as he left, regardless if they were looking.

On the way back to the 9th Division, and after sending several Butterflies to the most covert and farthest away 9th Division members as well as note to Kaki to notify all more local 9th members of a Division-wide morning meeting for the entire division (save those at the farthest reach of the Seretei), Hirokatsu began to think to himself of his new position.

Walking the setting evening sun, his face and head still occluded in the shadow of his umbrella, he thought back, not on his many years of service in the Gotei, but back to his many years he studied and spent in the Goto household... HIS household.

The Goto had never had a member of their family attain the rank of 5th Seat before Hirokatsu and his attainment of the rank of Vice Captain was one of the main impetus' for the family naming him head of the family. Now that he was Captain, what would they say? Would all other members be evaluated to him? Would he be treated different? While they would undoubtedly respect him, would they begin to fear him in some way?

Since becoming the head of the family he had preached to them to raise the new souls to achieve their own personal bests. Though he heard the elders talk of him when he was not looking. Telling the young in SS how to emulate their head. Hirokatsu had let it go on, as he thought it a way to let the old traditions go. But he never liked how it made him feel. Them ore he gained in power, the more he felt different from the rest of the Goto and somehow not in line with their struggle.

It had been so very long since he had went looking for the women of his family, a rite that all Goto followed, yet an activity taken away for the current Shinigami resident and the two next in line, so that they may focus on their studies and Gotei work more. but it was something that made the Goto who they were, at least MOST of the Goto.

Those preparing for service and those in service always were segregated, honored, but still segregated. Captaincy no doubt would honor the family a great deal, but it also would leave the family distant, and all others, especially the two next in line for Shinigami residency always feeling as if they were a failure.

Hirokatsu prepared a Hell Butterfly for his family, a rarity in Soul Society for residents of the Rukongai, non-Shinigami, to receive. He also knew a formal letter would need to be composed to them, as well as a personal visit tot he household, though he had been home only a week or so earlier. the recalling of the entire family was always what was done when a Shinigami of the Goto was promoted, even the lowest rank. It was an honor the family bestowed and one that would not change even for Hirokatsu becoming Captain, even if he had willed it to not be so it was one of the few times when the Goto Shinigami had no say in the festivities, even if he was the head of the family.

Hirokatsu had gotten away with no festivities for his ascendancy to Acting Captain, as he played it off as being only temporary. Hirokatsu was never an outgoing man, even within the Goto he was quiet and introspective. for many of his early lessons within the Goto house he was thought to be unintelligent and unmotivated as he did not raise his hand when knowing answers, and not try to 'win' the foot races. Only when pressed did he show his potential, and then only when called for. Once he was in line for the Shinigami residency and while on his trip to Earth did he begin to come somewhat out of his shell.

He enjoyed the other lands he saw, he enjoyed hearing the conversations of people in the real world. He found that when given his own time and schedule to do things, he was actually more motivated and got better quicker. This was not the Goto way of teaching, but only a happy accident of his honored time on Earth. Once he was placed in the Shinigami Academy he was prepared not only to survive the schoolwork, which was far easier wit his earlier preparation, but he was also prepared for the ostracizing he got for being so much older than the other students, even some of the teachers.

He then sunk back into his quietness, and introspection, achieving all goals placed in front of him, not only by the educators but also himself. He no longer felt bound by his teacher's goals, they were a necessary end, but they were not HIS end. He pushed himself to graduate faster, he worked hard for the assignment to the 1st Division that he wanted and subsequent promotions within it. An when the open Vice Captaincy position in the 9th Division was available, he knew he was ready to take it. And when VC he did not stop working on himself, the Division and his family was first but he kept training, and attained his Bankai with no pushing or prompting by his Captain Kiku or old Osamu. He did so within his inner world, alone. And as he walked down the road to the 9th as Captain, he realized he has still more to learn more to get better at, much more.

He looked out from underneath his umbrella to the sky, looking up into the fading light of the sky, only the hint of warmth still emanating. He opened his eyes wider and took a deep breath in, then released it slowly. Nothing was different, it never was. Title, rank, all of it was only a nomiker of others on him.

Hirokatsu then looked forward and began to walk on from within his shadow. He strolled slowly and saw the 10th Division barracks approaching, which made him think of Taro Banzuke...the Acting Captain he saw earlier at the meeting. He was only 3rd Seat and was leading that prestigious division. Even Acting Captain for a 3rd seat was an honor, and deserved respect. Perhaps Taro would make a good Lt for him, but not knowing the extent of Captain Taiki's absence it would be disrespectful to even broach the subject. And even then, it was only a passing thought.

Then Hirokatsu thought of Kaki, she had been so brave only a week earlier in the Rukongai, there was no doubt she would make a fine Shinigami some day and a Lt with no doubt. But right now...with what may be going to happen, Hirokatsu just could not bring himself to call upon her in that way yet. She needed more experience and training.

Hirokatsu sighed again, and walked on.

A 10th Division member running passed him, who then slowed to almost a stop as he saw Hirokatsu approach.

His young and almost timid voice as he spoke made it easy to feel he was new recruit, but Hirokatsu did not let it be seen as he looked over to the young man.

"sir..."

bowing his head

"Captain, sir....Captain Goto...congratulations sir...Banzuke-taicho just told us..."

Hirokatsu nodded politely to the young man, who rushed immediately off almost as fast he spoke.

As the young man's footsteps faded Hirokatsu's long mustache raised a bit at the corners, smiling just for a moment to himself.

"Captain Goto...hehe"

He thought to himself as he moved on.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

[1st Division]

"The reason why I only have you three here is because I don't want too many cooks for this soup. The details of this mission are not topical to the rest, only the results will be. Masaru-san and Soushi-san, you're here because planning is your job. Sayuri-ch-... excuse me, Yamamoto-san is here because your missions will take place simultaneously and in the same area, and I need you to be aware of each other if something goes wrong." It looks like Ryouichi quickly changed his manner of speech after noticing his Lieutenant giving him a particularly nasty glare.

"I've received some interesting intel about the high-school in Fushichou Town. It looks like lately, a defector from Soul Society, and a former Kido Corps member, no less, has been working there under the guise of a teacher. In addition, I have reasons to suspect the Headmistress of the school is an agent of Las Noches."
    Ryouichi pauses for a moment to let the potential implications sink in.

"I want at least the Headmistress apprehended and brought into Soul Society. I have a hunch whatever she's doing there is pretty damn important. I believe this is the reason why Old Ghost got personally involved in the incident that happened some time ago. He was worried of that idiot Septima of his screwing up something bigger."

"But I don't want the Old Ghost to know it's us. According to several eyewitnesses, as well as former 3rd seat of 13th, Yama Akio, the Hollow enemy nicknamed Elder has been around that city as well."

"Now, I have no idea if that thing is even in Japan anymore. Probably not. But I want you to make it seem like it's responsible for this. If we can get Von Geister send even one of his accursed Espadas on a wild goose chase after it, we're winning. If it rids us of Elder, even better."

"I don't care how you go about doing this. I'm sure you can work something out. Yamamoto-san, what this means for your operation is that in addition of dealing with the Kido Corps rebels, your operation will serve as a veil for this secondary mission. You'll be our means of maintaining plausible deniability. I also must ask you to stress stealth in your operation much more than priorly. At this point, it looks like a foregone conclusion the Corps rebels are working with our mortal enemy, but on the off-chance it is not so, I don't want to give accurate picture to Old Ghost of the scope and importance of your mission."

"I'll supply you with details of your target soon. Any questions?"
    "Well, how much do we know of Elder to make it seem as if it was responsible? For example, is it prone to fits of random destruction, or is it more low-profile? The more we know about who we are, ahem, impersonating, the better. Right, Saiyuri-chan?" Glutton for punishment much?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Soushi suddenly feels like there is a pair of huge, malicious eyes behind his back, trying to burn holes through him with a glance. However, Sayuri merely "hmphs" and turns to stare at a wall in the opposite direction than Soushi.

"It has a known habit of destroying or driving away any other Hollows that might appear on its territory. It's also never been known to hold allegiance to Von Geister. That's why I think it's a perfect candidate", Ryouich replies. "For details of its behaviours, you'll have to interview those who fought it last. I've personally never seen the creature face-to-face. 13th Division should have more records on it for you to peruse."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

Soushi suddenly feels like there is a pair of huge, malicious eyes behind his back, trying to burn holes through him with a glance. However, Sayuri merely "hmphs" and turns to stare at a wall in the opposite direction than Soushi.

"It has a known habit of destroying or driving away any other Hollows that might appear on its territory. It's also never been known to hold allegiance to Von Geister. That's why I think it's a perfect candidate", Ryouich replies. "For details of its behaviours, you'll have to interview those who fought it last. I've personally never seen the creature face-to-face. 13th Division should have more records on it for you to peruse."
    What? No derisive comments? No snarky remarks? No accusations of stalking? No brandishing of restriction orders? Just the good old death glare?

Soushi is practically on freaking first base.

"Hmmm. Doesn't give us much to work with.

On to a trickier matter. No doubt the Old Ghost planted someone who's good enough at subterfuge it'll be tough to detect. That's not what worries me though.

I don't really see Geister trusting anyone with something of this magnitude. His Espada are in constant flux, aren't they? What happens if we're unable to bring the target back relatively unharmed?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sixth Division HQ
    Hall of Trials

Damara sits silently, communing with his sword in the center of the Hall.

Spoiler
    Show

"How old are you?"

"Two hundred and seventy two."

"How many names do you have?"

"One."

"Who am I?"

"My friend."

"Who are you?"

"No one."

"Why do you care?"

"Because I grew."

"What would you erase?"

"All that I have cast away."

"What is beauty?"

"Personal."

"How have you grown?"

"I can look up."

"How have you become less?"

"I don't know. That itself is the failing."

These questions blocked Damara for many years, but he had slowly worked his way past each one. Only one of Shiro Hoshi's questions remained.

"Why should I give you Bankai?"

The Division needs a leader. Captain Motoari would be disappointed. The Seireitei is about to go to war. The Captain-Commander has ordered it.

All wrong. Damara has worked the question over and over in his head, but simply cannot comprehend what it is that Shiro Hoshi wants of him. Every reason he can think of has been rejected out of hand; any attempts to divine more about the spirit's expectations are met with facetious evasions. Damara's patience has worn thin.

"If you don't, people are going to die! This division needs a Captain to protect it!"

Shiro Hoshi does a long bob, its equivalent of a sigh. Then, it flies into Damara's face.

"Look. Damara. We're pretty close. So I'm going to cut the crap for a minute. I. Don't. Care. We are separate entities. I am part of you, but I don't share your concern with the outside world. My attention is turned inwards."

Shiro Hoshi flares angrily. Damara recoils and begins backing up, but Shiro Hoshi pursues and keeps close.

"And if you think for a second I give a f*** about those peons in your division, you're kidding yourself. You think you can't protect them because you don't have Bankai? Grow up! You're not mature enough to handle it. Bankai is a tool; a powerful one, yes, but a tool nonetheless. If you can't figure out the real reason you want it, you don't deserve it."

Damara finally trips and lands on his back. Shiro Hoshi launches into the sky before arcing back down and landing in front of him.

"Now THINK! Do some god-d***ed soul searching for once. Think about yourself! Why do you want this?"

Damara begins to pull himself to his feet, but stops in a kneeling position, his head bowed to look at the "ground" beneath him.

"I...I..."

He trails off. He had never thought in this way. Damara sealed his desires and self-concern long ago. The division was more important. Emotions, wants, and selfishness were all things that represented an older time, one he just wanted to forget about. In that moment, Damara finds his answer. He rises, staring determinedly at Shiro Hoshi.

"Bankai is the pinnacle of the Shinigami craft. To acquire it is to reach the apex of achievement. When I do that, I will truly be Damara Shishihara, the Shinigami, and White Eye will be dead. The Division's needs are important to me. That drove me. But I want Bankai for myself as well."

Shiro Hoshi shines blindingly.

"Oh, YES! Finally, the truth comes out! You can see yourself! You are worthy!"

Damara's body begins to shine brightly as his eyes open. Shiro Hoshi explodes out of his chest as he rises to his feet and draws his sword from the slot in front of him. The spirit whirls around the room before coming to a stop in front of the Vice Captain.

"Alright, these are the rules. All you have to do is hit the real me with your sword. You can call a time out at any time, and you can rest for as long as you want before resuming. Any questions?"

"Striking the 'real you' means what, exactly?"

"Only one is real."

With those cryptic words, Shiro Hoshi explodes into dozens of smaller versions of itself, which fill the chamber. Damara looks around.

"Let's begin."

Immediately, Damara strikes at a nearby star. It nimbly dodges out of the way, then another flies past Damara's shoulder. As it does so, a light gash is cut into his flesh where the star flew.

"Be careful you don't bleed out!"

Every star in the room begins to move, until it has become a mosaic of bright lights. Then they begin to attack in earnest. Damara does his best to dodge while simultaneously seeking to hit as many as possible. This was not going to be easy.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Meeting]

Masaru has been sitting patiently, absorbing the byplay between the other three. Finally, he speaks.

"This seems better suited to 2nd Division, but...I accept this task. Especially since 2nd's a bit of a mess right now.

Soushi will have to handle the scouting and "setup". While I am not unskilled, he has a natural talent for stealth that will be invaluable. Whoever it is at the school, if they're an agent of the Ghost King, they're cautious and likely closely watched. We must have the utmost care.

Perhaps set up a signal system so I can help "spring the trap" when the time comes?
    "
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

"That might be pushing it. I don't think we'll be able to mantain regular comms without potentially tipping our hand."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

"You are right this is more 2nd's turf. But I don't trust them. While Suzume Kimi's accusations of Miyagawa-taichou are too outrageous to have an ounce of truth in them, the man was annoyingly blasé about all of it. Besides, I've grown to... dislike few his underlings."

"Co-operation with them is not off the table, though. If you feel it's for the best, go ahead."

To the line about communications, Ryouich replies with a relaxed wave of his hand. "Don't worry about comms. I can get 5th or 12th arrange you a pair of Reiphones connected to just each other, with an encrypted signal. It'll be practically impenetrable to any outsider. But you're right about stealth... there's a certain shop in the Mortal World I'd suggest you to contact, but be careful. Owner of said shop is known to not be too picky about her customers... there's a chance she's working for our target. I'd tickle me warmly to apprehend her as well, but she's a bit too visible in certain circles to disappear without notice."

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

"We could use that to our advantage, come to think of it. False intel." Soushi notes with a bit of a shrug.

"If I'm to infiltrate a school, it'd be probably best to go as a student. All we need is the proper history. The teaching body can remain unchanged and fairly unnoticed for years at a time - my money is on our little spy being a teacher or staff at the school."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Masaru's face darkened a bit as the Commander-General spoke of his suspicions of the 2nd Division.

"It's a dark day when we don't trust 2nd, even with their streak of...independence...due to their partial melding with the Onmitsukidō. Still, if that's your reasoning, I can understand. No one outside of this meeting will know of these plans.

As for communication security, that's good to know.

And you're on the right track as far as likely target, Soushi. My guess would be a teacher who's not in class all the time, or more likely some of the senior staff. Because they'd need chances to communicate with the Ghost King uninterrupted and with little suspicion.

I'm not sure how wise it is to simply insert you as a student. Seems like it would carry suspicion by nature of its suddenness, even with a convincing "back-story". Still...
    "

He shrugged, clearly not having a much better idea.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Orc in the Playground

"There's only so much we can do playing the surveillance game, taichou. I'm sure our potential spy is insulated enough against outside observers, or we'd have noticed some of their activity before now. We need someone inside, and I don't think we could use any of the students to do it. It's to our advantage, in fact, that I am suspected - it will make our target sloppier."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, you make it sound worse than it is, Masaru-san. I would've handed planning this commission to you regardless, because I trust your judgement best. Feel free to delegate tasks as you see fit." Ryouchi reaches to his pocket and pulls out a small folder. It has what seems to be an authentic school staff roster from Fuschichou High, with several pictures and names outined with a green marker pen, while two are circled with red - first seems to be of a boy who by all rights looks like he's ten, but is credited as history teacher of the facility. He has silvery blue hair, and heterochromic eyes - very unusual for a mortal. Name next to the picture reads "Hamasaki Hibiki".

Second is of a beautiful, fair-skinned woman with raven black hair and stunning fashion sense. She looks like a very prim and productive member of society, and it's hard to think she'd get herself involved in anything... unlawful. But she doesn't look japanese either and her name - "Lucaster Reene" - suggest a foreign origin as well.

It's hard to imagine the paper is from anywhere else than the mortal realm proper. There's a note of spiritual origin attached to it, though, one made in Ryouichi's own handwriting: it has file path and password for a folder containing more information and notes on the school personnel, accessible via 8th Division computers.

Ryouichi hands it to the 8th Divisioners. "Well, I must get going. I'm afraid I don't have time to stay involved in your brainstorming. Have fun, boys." He leaves to go to his living quarters.

Sayuri starts to leave as well. "Inform me when you have something concrete to work with", she replies mechanically, making sure she doesn't give Soushi even the briefest glance. It seems she's decided she's been in the same room as him enough for one day... or week... or a lifetime, really.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'm assuming the name of the Ghost Queen is unknown to Gotei so they can't immediately use it to draw a connection to her real identity.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

Soushi, on the other hand, seems to be more than unusually interested in offering Saiyuri a proper goodbye.

"Yamamoto-san, I do hope you are successful in your endeavors, I truly do." He says so placing a hand on her shoulder.

It seems for all his sneakiness and shadiness, he's trying to be earnest about this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Saiyuri could later find a slip of paper in the inner folds of her shihakusho.

Meet me after the meeting at location XXXX. It's really important. Soushi <3

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Sayuri doesn't look at Soushi, though she frowns like someone just placed a handful of cockroaches on her shoulder. "Duly noted", she says with a tone which makes Antarctica sound a particularly warm place, continuing to walk forward briskly so that Soushi's hand slides off under its own weight.

When she finds the note, she shudders. Her first thought is to burn it and never think of it again, but at a second thought, she finds an envelope for it and goes to file it away in 10th as evidence for a harassment case. Looks like she's going to spend another night in the common barracks with her colleague... those she trusts, that is.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2012-03-10 at 05:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    It was just like his sister to be so spontaneous. Not that the 11th divisioner minded; he liked that about her.

Kazuma shunpo'd right after her, though he aimed to go past and receive the ball. His control had definitely improved; though he didn't exactly intercept the ball, he did stop just a few meters ahead of where the ball would be.
    The ball flies just as Kazuma predicted, and he is easily able to intercept it. Reikiku appears somewhere below him for a moment, then fades away again. At this point, the ball and Kazuma should begin to feel the effects of gravity.

Reikiku shouts from a nearby rooftop, pointing toward the far south end of Sereitei. "Goals are in the same place as usual!" She waits to let Kazuma see her before she shunpos again, disappearing from view.

The game is on.

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Day 21, late afternoon

Taro Banzuke, 3rd Seat of the 10th Division (Acting-Captain of the 10th Division):
    (Taiki's residence)

Taro heard his voice form inside the building, he somehow had tried to deny the fact that he felt Taiki's presence inside, his Captain's spiritual pressure was not one he could miss this close. In Taro's head he probably did so just hoping to not disrupt his Captain's family. A few knocks and no response and he would have all the reason to let them be.

However with hearing his response, Taro changed his stance and instead of being timid, he opened the door with the confidence Taiki had left with him. He entered as the Acting Captain of the 10th, not the 3rd Seat and not an underling to be denied. For him to show up like this meant it was absolutely necessary for his words to be heard, no matter the disruption.

Upon entering the home, he ad to turn sideways and duck a little get through the doorway, and being as respectful as he could he only took one or two steps in before bowing his head to his Captain. Noticing the child he tried to be as soft with his voice as possible and condense what he could, but there was no way he could do so without disrupting the child and any other family inside.

"Captain sir, I truly apologize for my disruption but i have come straight from the Captain's meeting and felt you should be aware of the situation...."

Taro then would dictate the happenings of the meeting to Taiki.

"...So that is about it sir...I will understand if you need to return sir, the men may need to hear this from their Captain at a time like this...."

Taro looked to his Captain, not with a look of 'needing' him but more of a respect for what Taiki i could offer the men that Taro could not. Acting-Captain or not Taro was not Taiki...Taiki was revered by the men and his guidance what they had leaned on.

Taro awaited his Captain's response, though he did try to get a peek at the child, he still had not seen it yet.

Taiki nods through Taro's explanation, not interrupting him at all. He adapts a pose of contemplation, his hand on his chin and his eyes cast down. Once Taro finishes, he remains silent for a moment, then sighs.

"I suppose I'll have to come back for this. Ugh, what the hell is Soul Society coming to? It feels like we were at peace only a month ago."

He looks over at the crib. "She's asleep." Taiki stands and begins to pace, running a hand over his hair. "I suppose I can return to duty. Martial Law...I can't imagine that."

Taiki walks slowly from the room. A moment later, he returns with his captain's haori draped over his shoulders. "It's been a bit too long."
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-03-14 at 06:23 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

Though he can't use a Reiatsu platform, Kazuma can still use shunpou to keep himself from falling once his sister vanishes. He turns himself around so the ball will keep with him and races towards the goal.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Taiki nods through Taro's explanation, not interrupting him at all. He adapts a pose of contemplation, his hand on his chin and his eyes cast down. Once Taro finishes, he remains silent for a moment, then sighs.

"I suppose I'll have to come back for this. Ugh, what the hell is Soul Society coming to? It feels like we were at peace only a month ago."

He looks over at the crib. "She's asleep." Taiki stands and begins to pace, running a hand over his hair. "I suppose I can return to duty. Martial Law...I can't imagine that."

Taiki walks slowly from the room. A moment later, he returns with his captain's haori draped over his shoulders. "It's been a bit too long."
    Day 21, late afternoon

(Taiki's residence)

Taro nodded and looked to his Captain as he thought out loud to Taro.

As Taiki left the room Taro leaned his tall and big body over a bit forward and tried to get a peek at the young child. Seeing just its head a smile came to Taro's face.

Babies and children always fascinated Taro. His family were so large, he rarely saw tiny infants or children like Taiki's. He was offered to hold and kiss a child once in a match from when he was a star Sumo wrestler and when he held the child it was so small and fragile he could hardly keep from feeling as if he would crush it. Ever since then, he always was happy to see children and babies, but got very anxious and worried when offered to hold them.

Taiki would have re-entered the room surprising Taro slightly just enough so that Taiki would have noticed Taro looking at his child and that his kind smile was receding.

Straightening up a bit he nodded to his Captain once again. Then reaching into his chest pocket he retrieved the folded and battered with several torn pin holes in it from being pinned to his robes, Acting-Captain's authorization form, extending it out to his Captain.

"Yes sir, i understand...thank you for the opportunity you gave me, i hope i proved to do the squad well in your absence"

Bowing his head slightly.

As he rose his head he looked as if he wanted to say something, but stopped himself seeing as he had just handed over his authority to do so with such informality.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Masaru accepted the folder and notes with a short nod. He gave the most powerful man in Soul Society a half-smile.

"Try not to let yourself have too much fun, old friend."

He raised an eyebrow at Soushi's oddly affectionate gesture toward Sayuri. He also notices her rather cold response. That spawns a frown. He waits until she's gone, then steps up next to Soushi.

"While my own single status makes me an imperfect resource for advice, I think I still have room to offer a couple of thoughts, Soushi.

For one thing, you've clearly done something she finds offensive, and you're not really helping yourself...

Just what is going on that makes my Vice-Captain get such a look from the Vice-Captain of the First Division?
    "