New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIX: The Spoilers have been DOUBLED!

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Lies! Lies and deception! Everypony is infatuated with Midnight; some are just better at hiding it.
    Candles isn't; he rarely thinks about such things! The Patron, on the other hand, would like nothing better than to secure for himself any bits and pieces of Midnight he could.

Although, you know, I suppose if he hangs out in Ponyville long enough, he may become infatuated? I haven't really thought it through.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

No, no. It's alright Pipsqueak. I wasn't using those organs anyway...

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    So cyuuuuute.
    LGBTitP

4. - Top - End - #904
    Orc in the Playground

Beeskee *finally* catches up on PonyThread... again... He gives all the ponies who are leaving or taking vacations a friendly hug.

I don't even have time to respond to the things I want to. I'll settle for one of the most recent.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    That is so cute it's almost weaponized.

Beeskee staggers into the newly-constructed pillowfort, finds an empty cushion, and flomps down onto it. He drags out a sign that reads, "Not sad, just tired. Hugs still welcome." He places it next to himself, then he promptly passes out. Zzzzzz.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    That is so cute it's almost weaponized.
    Not almost.

*coughs up syrup and caramel*

Not.. almosssssss....

*falls over dead*
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2011-10-25 at 09:19 PM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Troll in the Playground

The adorable is almost too much!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    D'awwwww. Big Mac and Rarity. Two of my favourite ponies and a stuffed animal... Having a working pancreas is overrated.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You know, I don't always d'aaaaaaw at ponies. I usually stoically bear it.

I d'aaaaaaawed at this.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Banned

Sig away Scion.
    Heh. Sounds Germanic.

And Uh... Can't remember what else I wanted to say. Mustn't stay up tonight readin Mage books.

:|
    :/
    :\
    :)
    :D

Yay~

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Rarity can rebuild her. Smarter. Sturdier. Cuter.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    You know, I don't always d'aaaaaaw at ponies. I usually stoically bear it.

I d'aaaaaaawed at this.
    Nope, I'm still stoic over here.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

12. - Top - End - #912
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Rarity can rebuild her. Smarter. Sturdier. Cuter.
    Can ya do it, doc?

We have the technology!

------

The look on Big Mac's face is just so forlorn...

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #913
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I think it may be an intentional misspelling of "bowel" which, while still wrong, is at least closer to the mark.

I absolutely agree. However cool it sounds, the wrongness made me cringe too.

I still say the "amniomorphic spell" has something to do with foalbirth. I'll take the implications of Twilight having an interest in such a spell over all the silly puns any day...
    Yeah, I like the idea of pregency related spells quite a bit. The only RPG I've even seen that actualy had a spell college related to childbirth was GURPS Technomancer. The spells they had were all of the "Holy crap, I want that to exist in the real world" variety, well thought out and useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

That would be where they are coming from, I would guess. Bit of a stretch, maybe, but the pun is worth it...

Actually, an amniomorphic spell sounds all kinds of awesome now...!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Egads! We would appear to have missed that detail. Thou speakest of course the truth in this matter, Commander.

A most tenuous stretch indeed, but perchance not beyond the pale of reason after all. We still maintain our original opinion that "amniomorphic" here doth relate to equine fetuses and the "bowls" within which they doth rest, and not to bowls of clay shaped by a craftsman, which we find most unsatisfying as the subject of a spell with such a rarefied name.

It really does take quite a bit longer to write this way
    I work at a large library, so I took the opportunity to do some research in the stacks, and I did indeed confirm the greek "Bowl for blood of the lamb" origin. However, the one and only place I found it was a 40 year old book on the entomology of medical terms. In other words, it's not exactly common knowledge. I'm thinking that if they wanted to make a potter pun, there were far less obscure ways they could have done it, so until one of the writers says "Yeah, that was totally intentional and a huge easter egg pun." I'm going to go with "They chose a word that kind of sounded cool" for an explication.
    "Ponies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, because I feel I have to share this with the herd, I recently downloaded the Saints Row the Third character generator unto my Xbox to fool around with until I can actually launch mind-control squid at my enemies (don't ask) and...well...just from the options present in the generator, you can make more stuff then you could shake a Scootaloo at!

After I got done with odder things, I found I was able to make a serviceable humanized Applejack and an eerily suitable (in my mind) human version of Pinkie Pie, down to the pink skin and hair.

Just wanted to share that you're able to make ponies on one of the most absurd games coming out this year with just the tiniest bit of effort.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    November's almost here.

It's around this time each year that I figure out what I like, and what I need, and how I can best rearrange my schedule so that I can simultaneously be a student/writer/big-brother/scout/person-who-sleeps-upon-occasion-and-doesn't-drink-coffee. And I've come to the realization that I'm going to have to cut out a huge chunk of Internet, especially the chunk of Internet that I'm half-addicted to checking every five minutes to see what's new, because that's killer for writing. Heck, I'd say it's the reason that Heroics and the Lion and the Unicorn have been taking so long to finish.

Add in the fact that I've been feeling, well, distinctly guilty as of late around here, and feeling like I've been more of a hindrance than a boon, and that I've got a reputation for being pony-obsessed already, and the fact that I've got college-apps to worry about, and then there's the speed issue...

What I'm trying to say is that I'm going to be going cold Pinkie on Ponythread for the next five weeks, if not longer. You guys are absolutely amazing, but I'm too flawed, as of right now, to add Ponythreader to the list of everything else I've got, because Ponythreader tends to push and shove at everything else.

I've been proud to be posting here for almost an entire year now; it's been at least ten months. Those ten months flew, but now, I feel that to invest more of myself here, rather than in my writing and academic work, is counter-intuitive and will ultimately be the sacrifice of long-term achievement for short-term pleasure, which is something I often struggle with. So... there's that, then. Be well, y'all.

(And for those of you who want to contact me, and don't hate my guts, I am freely emailable. Now that I've checked the "receive email from Playgrounders" option that I didn't know I had unchecked because I'm an idiot. Link's in my profile.)
    *hugs!* As others have mentioned, you'll be welcomed back at any time. Real life is important, and sometimes things have to fall by the wayside in the prioritization of your time.

As I've mentioned, pretty soon I'll very likely be dropping my (already limited) Ponythreading as a huge chunk of very important real life literally lands in my lap.

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Oh, so we're talking in Royal Canterlot voice, huh? Well, I guess I'm the big scary mod, I'd best join in.

Excuse me, while I get into character...

KRAKATHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

HAIL, PONYTHREADERS!

TIS WE, KPENGUIN, OCCASSIONAL PURVEYOR OF THINE ANTICS AND GUINOID CHAMPION OF MODERATION.

WORDS HAVE REACHED OUR EARS THAT THOU ART THINKING OF PUTTING TOGETHER AN IRC CHANNEL. IF THOU WOULDST LOOK AT MINE SIGNATURE, THOU WOULDST KNOW WE RUN THE IRC CHANNEL FOR CHOCOLATER HAMMER, GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND'S OWN UNOFFICIAL STEAM GROUP.

IF THOU WISHES, WE COULD AID IN THY ENDEVOUR FOR AN IRC CHANNEL. AN IRC CHANNEL IST NOT A GRAVE TASK TO UNDERTAKE, BUT TIS AN EASY ONE. THOU SIMPLY PICKS A SERVER, /JOIN A CHANNEL NAMED WHAT THOU WISHED AND NOT ONE ALREADY TAKEN, AND REGISTER THY CHANNEL WITH CHANSERV.
    QUOTED FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Just popping in again for two more things tonight.

Firstly, Raz, you will definitely be missed. Whether selling the latest printing of the Bunbunmaru, creating epic settings to answer the question "why would RazQuol be having a rock-battle against Phoe?" or kidnapping somepony in hilarious fashion, you have always been one of the posters I remembered as outrageous fun.

On the other hand, the other topic I had to breach was why I am I being missed? What did I ever do except bug people with reminders about The Thread: The Game or occasionally become the Starscream for a day or two? My largest achievements to date have been a hammy verbal sparring session against DBC and my part in the original Airshipping roleplay. I only left a post mentioning that my abscence from the thread was extending indefinitely because SiuiS PMed me about my leaving. I'm happy that people care about me (it's certainly a feeling that's relatively new to me), but I'm confused as to the reasoning behind it.
    Just adding my 2 bits to the chorus: we're Playgrounders and Bronies - we care about each other because we're Playgrounders and Bronies. Sometimes there doesn't need to be any reason other than we all belong to the same community, and caring about each other regardless of how little or much an individual contributes is what makes it community instead just a bunch of strangers talking at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Good News Everypony!

The #ponythread IRC channel is now online! Below is Jade's handy dandy guide to IRC! And for those who already know how IRC runs, the server and channel information is below the spoiler.

Jade Aurora's Handy Dandy Guide to IRC!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hi everypony, and welcome! I'm Jade, and I'll be your lovely assistant for this lesson! Not too many ponies are familiar with the Internet Relay Chat protocol, and that's where I'm here to help! For those who don't know, IRC is a chat protocol similar to AIM and MSN, instant messengers we're all familiar with. There's a few things you need to get IRC working, so let's take a look at what they are.

1. IRC Chat Client
    2. Server and Server Information
    3. Channel Name
    4. Brief List of Important Commands

1. IRC Chat Client
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, the first thing you need is a program that can handle IRC. These programs tend to be lightweight, and in some cases can be, or already are integrated into programs you already use every day. For example, do you use the web browser Opera or the Instant Messaging Client Pidgin? Then you already have a program capable of supporting your server. If this is the case, you can skip on down to the next section. If not however, you're gonna need to download one.

Personally, I recommend one such as XChat 2 or mIRC, but it's really not hard to find your own alternative. Just remember, don't be tricked into paying for an IRC client. There are tons upon tons of free options out there.

2. Server and Server Information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so you've got a program that can run IRC. Now what do you do? Well, first things first you need to do is figure out what server you're going to be connecting to. In our case, you will be connecting to:

This is usually pretty simple. It'll be a different process for each separate client, but they all tend to be pretty similar. There's generally a tools tab, followed by an options tab. There will be a field looking for the server to connect to. Type in what's in the quote box above, enter a username (you don't need to register it if you don't want to, that will be covered in section 4), and you're good to go! It should connect to the main page of the Sorcery IRC server. From there, you can go hunting for your channel.

3. Channel Name
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a pretty simple one. In our case, the channel name is:

And you know how you join that? Just type into the text box at the bottom of your IRC client "/join #ponythread" and you're in! There's a bit more we can do with chanels though. Say you want to see if there are any other pony related channels in the server. Well, from any window on the Sorcery server, you can type in "/list" to get a list of all of the channels on the server. From there, you can use the "/join" command to join that channel too! Most channels have a # preceding their name, so remember that.

4. Brief List of Important Commands
    Spoiler
    Show
    /msg [NAME] This allows you to send a private message to [NAME].
    /msg NickServ This allows you to send a message to the Nickname Server on the Sorcery IRC network. You can type "/msg NickServ HELP" from any window to get help with your nickname. This includes registering a floating nickname, changing the password on your nickname, and other different commands you can check out from there.
    /list This allows you to see a list of all channels on the current server.

This list will be edited as time goes on, and more commands become pertinent.

IRC Server Information Standalone:
    VERILY, ALSO QUOTED FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Now for something that's a little out of left field, but I think that Ponythread can get behind. In fact, I almost feel like issuing a challenge to the Ponythread (I'm particuarly looking at you, Thanqol). November in Australia Oatstralia is when Movember occurs. To quote:

During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces in Australia and around the world. The aim of which is to raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and depression in men.
    I'm interested to see if any Ponythreaders are interested in registering and/or donating to this worthy cause? Who out there is willing to sprout a Number 25 for their fellow bronies, or donating a little cash for those who do take up the challenge?

16. - Top - End - #916

As though the mere mention of No Shave November were the words of a Summon Ido spell, I'm back!

Hey all, we kicked my brother back to school after a long break fall break, and now I can post again! Because I don't have to dedicate my entire evenings to hanging out with him and friends![/sociallife][foreveralone]So how's it going, ponythread?

Obligatory derpy picture:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanqy: Hey! Hey! I posted something! In that other thread! Please don't hurt me!

edit: purposefully editing myself four posts back, so that I've posted early enough to properly celebrate Derpy's birthday!
    Spoiler
    Show

yaaaayyyyyyy
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-10-25 at 11:44 PM.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    As though the mere mention of No Shave November were the words of a Summon Ido spell, I'm back!

Hey all, we kicked my brother back to school after a long break fall break, and now I can post again! Because I don't have to dedicate my entire evenings to hanging out with him and friends![/sociallife][foreveralone]So how's it going, ponythread?

Obligatory derpy picture:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanqy: Hey! Hey! I posted something! In that other thread! Please don't hurt me!
    Hey Ido! Long time, no see. We have an IRC channel now, so that's cool. Check out Titanium's post above if you want to join.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #918

Hey Ido! Long time, no see. We have an IRC channel now, so that's cool. Check out Titanium's post above if you want to join.
    ooo, IRC! I... will learn how to use IRC and then I will try hopping in

19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground

I will be participating in movember and see what I can grow.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #920

You guys wanted ALL the pictures, right?
    Spoiler
    Show

<== this is my ponythread browsing face

Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-10-25 at 11:32 PM.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Banned

I can grow a moustache...

For JUSTICE?

How... How do I start? Do I have to be Hosstralian?
    Because if not, I'm just a dab of wax away from another civil war curly moustache. And accompanying beard so it won't get lonely.

Hi Ido! You're directly contributing to me losing a bet! *waves*

22. - Top - End - #922

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

For JUSTICE?

Because if not, I'm just a dab of wax away from another civil war curly moustache. And accompanying beard so it won't get lonely.

Oh sweet, and I'm not even trying! I've gotten good at this!

In celebration, I think I'll just leave this here...
    http://westy.cncfps.com/Pics/MLP/nums/

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

Oh sweet, and I'm not even trying! I've gotten good at this!

In celebration, I think I'll just leave this here...
    http://westy.cncfps.com/Pics/MLP/nums/
    Are those all really tiny or is it just me?

24. - Top - End - #924

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Are those all really tiny or is it just me?
    Nah, they're small on purpose. Filesize aside, they're good avatar sized dimensions.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

For JUSTICE?

No need to be Hosstralian. Just go to the Movember website, find your region, register, then start finding people to sponsor/donate for you.

All money raised goes towards Prostate cancer research, various depression initiatives and organisations, and The Movember Foundation which works globally to raise awareness of men's health issues.

Unfortunately I can't be directly involved this year, but I'm thinking next year of registering a "Mo-Bronies in the Playground" team and getting as many Playgrounders as I can to sign up. Or even submitting the idea to Equestria Daily and possibly organising a full-on "International Bronies" team.

Okay, now I'm curious...

You guys wanted ALL the pictures, right?
    Spoiler
    Show

VERILY, THIS IMAGE DOTH APPEASE US!
    Last edited by Dexam; 2011-10-26 at 12:12 AM.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Okay, now I'm curious...
    He and I made a bet in the shiny new IRC channel about the speed of Ponythread. Three pages in 12 hours and he owes me a drawing. Less and I owe him...

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

He and I made a bet in the shiny new IRC channel about the speed of Ponythread. Three pages in 12 hours and he owes me a drawing. Less and I owe him...
    Ah, I see.

Speaking of the shiny new IRC channel, I may be able to pop in occassionally, but it'll be during my evenings which is when the majority of the Poythread is probably asleep. [insert standard rant about time zone here]

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Ah, I see.

Speaking of the shiny new IRC channel, I may be able to pop in occassionally, but it'll be during my evenings which is when the majority of the Poythread is probably asleep. [insert standard rant about time zone here]
    It is quite the experience! You should check it out sometime, for sure!

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #929
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hmm so i thought i would share that today i went up against a Lich of some type. Naturaly i feared his ultimate ability to damage every one who opposes him on the battle field at once. as well as his array of AoE abilities and close quarters deterants. i was armed only with a double barreled shotgun. So what did i do? danced around him as he used up his spells, then in the 2 seconds window i had, dashed in, put my gun in his eye socket, and blew his head off his shoulders. and dashed out before his passive ability which allowed his to fight after being destroyed could land a spell on me.
    other times i would simply wait as the tougher teammates took his healthdrain to the face then fired an explosive shell at the back of his head, and danced just outside his range while his teammates ran for the hills.

I only died once. while delivering 10 killing blows to the enemy.
    a mediocre score overall but compared to the other team and my team i still came out top dog.
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

It is quite the experience! You should check it out sometime, for sure!
    Yeah! We need a cowbell player for The Ponythread: The IRC: The Band: The Electric Cowbelles.