New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

[Outside]

"Of course you could! Why, every hero or adventurer needs a sidekick!" Misaki smiles. Reelshka is the least of the dangers she'll face on her adventures.

Well, okay, amybe she'll be one of the bigger ones. Angry goblin mothers are scary.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside]

Aunts, to be precise. Brinika is Reelshka's niece and is under her care while hanging out at GLoG. Brinika's parents live in Underside.
    And if Jamie becomes a hero, will you form a party? I've heard heroes always travel in parties!
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

Even worse! D=

"Of course!" Oh god, if they meet Vincent....

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside]

Jamie has already met Vincent. And joined his party.
    That's cool! Brinika hops up and down in excitement. We should find Jamie and tell her! Of course, deadtime would mean it could take a while...
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Orc in the Playground

Outside- By the Lake

"Myrim isn't a slave, she's a pet, stupid human. And she's my pet for her own good. It's all for their own good. We offer them food, shelter, healthcare, and they work in exchange. I have no idea what kind of squalid hut she dwelt in before I bought her, but I know that dwarfs eat their dead, minotaur are always moving and that lizardfolk tribes raid each other to eat the eggs of other tribes." The elf then turns back to staring out over the lake.

In her world, Mountain Dwarfs do indeed practice cannibalism; it's a ritualised part of their ancestor worship. They are not allowed to eat their dead when enslaved by elves, which according to their religion means that the dead are really dead, unable to live on in the bodies of those whom ate them.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #636
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Outside]

Jamie has already met Vincent. And joined his party.
    That's cool! Brinika hops up and down in excitement. We should find Jamie and tell her! Of course, deadtime would mean it could take a while...
    [Outside]

Misaki shakes her head. "I'm not ready yet. That's why I'm leaving tomorrow; to find a way to get grown up."

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

A night after Waterstrider regains his sense of self, he'll be found outside the hut, shaking off his blanket with his one paw before settling down on it once more for sleep. The air is a bit chilly, but with his thick fur, it feels nice.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Troll in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

Lily will have returned to her own home in Poplar Cabin, but she and Tito visit frequently during the day.

The Lake

While the elven woman is arguing with Andy, Brand slips away and into the woods, making his way quietly back to the lakeside in a spot that can't easily be seen from the main camp. He'll sit there and wait a while, to see if Myrim emerges.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut]

Renetta come out of the hut soon after Waterstrider settles down. She hesitates a moment, then kneels down in front of him. "Waterstrider... If you want, you could sleep inside with me tonight." She offers.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

The Wolfen looks up at her and gently shakes his head after a moment. "The last time you had horrid nightmares. I don't want to risk it again."

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut]

Renetta fidgets with the material of her shift where it stretches over her stomach. "It's fine, really. The nightmares have been getting better." Waterstrider has likely noticed that she has indeed been tossing and turning less in the night, but that's it really. "And... I want you to. Please?"

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

Waterstrider watches her fidget, his ears falling a bit to the side in reluctant acceptance. "If you start having nightmares though..." He starts, leaving the rest of it unsaid as it wasn't needed to be. The Wolfen will stand up to hug the elf gently.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut]

Kneel to hug her, rather. She'll need his help before any standing up happens. In any case, she returns the hug, acutely aware of the missing paw. "It'll be alright." She insists.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

"I know." Waterstrider nuzzles her cheek gently after helping her up and tries to guide her gently to bed. "Come, we should both rest."

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut]

Renetta nods and accepts the aid getting up and to the bed. She will curl up next to him, her back pressed against his chest. The wolfen will feel a certain amount of tension in her, but she's managing well enough.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

Waterstrider keeps his arms around her loosely and pulls the blanket over the both of them, hoping the extra warmth will keep her relaxed and help ease away her tension. "Sleep well." He whispers to her. <Beautiful Mother-Soon.> He adds in Wolfen. He'll slow his breathing, as if falling asleep, but stays up to pay attention to her, hoping she doesn't get any nightmares.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut]

Renetta murmurs something in response. She takes his hand and gives it a squeeze. Her eyes close and she slowly relaxes. Eventually she falls fast asleep. It isn't too much longer that she shifts a bit in her sleep and starts mumbling. He can't make out what she's saying, but she sounds agitated.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

Waterstrider's ears fall back, limp, sad at the fact that she's still having nightmares, especially around him. He begins to shift, as if about to leave the bed, but closes his eyes with a sigh. He couldn't leave without at least telling her. The Wolfen gently sets his good paw on her shoulder and tries to rock her awake easily. "Renetta? Please, wake up." He whispers.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut]

Renetta wakes with a start. Without any hesitation she turns over and tries to wrap her arms tightly around Waterstrider, burying her face in his fur. She isn't keen on letting go any time soon.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

Waterstrider closes his eyes and holds her gently, running his paw over her back to try and get her to relax. "It'll be okay." The Wolfen whisper to her over and over. "Just try to sleep."

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut]

Renetta will take longer to relax this time, and even longer to get to sleep. But eventually she will doze off. Unlike before, and what is usual for her, she sleeps peacefully. It might even be for the first time in weeks.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

The Wolfen doesn't sleep this night, instead choosing to watch over the pregnant elf to make sure she gets rest. He stays reluctantly, thinking it might be best if he left, but he didn't want to disturb her again by getting up and leaving.

She needed her rest. She and her child both.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut]

As promised, she stays asleep the entire night, not stirring in the slightest. When morning comes she opens her eyes slowly, and finds a wall of fur. "Good morning, Waterstrider." She shifts away from him just a bit, leaving her arms around him and her stomach grazing against his. She needs to, to look up at him and give him a brilliant smile.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

Waterstrider returns the smile gently. "Morning." He whispers to her a bit groggily. Even though his fur hides most of his tiredness, if she pays close attention to his eyes she might notice the weariness hidden there. Even through the partly mind-foggy state, the sight of her smiling so warmly to him after sleeping, made him feel it was all worth it.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut]

"I haven't slept so well in such a long time." The elf looks up into his eyes. It doesn't take her long to see the tiredness there. "Did you sleep well? I hope I didn't keep you up."

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

"Huh? Oh, no. I slept fine."
    He lies before closing his eyes and nuzzling against her throat gently. "Just think I want to sleep a touch more if that's okay with you."

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut]

"Well, okay. I'll just lie with you then, if that's okay. Maybe I can get a little more sleep too." It felt nice, after everything she's been through, to be able to be close to someone.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

Waterstrider growls something in reply, but quickly falls asleep in her arms, his muzzle burrowed against her throat and chest, with the rest of her in his arms.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut]

Renetta shifts right close to him again and buries her face in his fur. She lies awake for a little while, but soon enough she drifts off as well.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    [Outside]

Misaki shakes her head. "I'm not ready yet. That's why I'm leaving tomorrow; to find a way to get grown up."
    Brinika gasps. You're leaving? Where to?