New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

[Maple Cabin - Night Time]

As Sophie puts her arm around the girl she can feel that she's shaking quite a bit. Her face is hard to see behind the the mess which is her hair, so dirty and fat that it clings tightly to her.

She quickly looks away as Sophie is trying to take a look at her, "D-don't look at me, I'm a monster!" The girl shrieks as she covers her face with her arm.

Sophie might notice that the vampire girl seems to be wearing a grey collar with some sort of inscription carved into it.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

Calm down, you're not a monster... at least so long as I can do anything about it, Sophie says as she leans closer to the girl to try and read the inscription. Her aura is still active, which might make the girl more receptive to her words as a paragon of humanity.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Outside

"No, I don't know Butler. But I know Salix, she found me and led me here. To GLoG. And I met m'Reelshka, who said I could stay here. She's very nice."

She looks down at Brinka. She then gets down on her hands and knees, and looks her right in the face.

"You are so small. Why are you so small?"

Keo is not used to goblins. They are so small.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

[Outside]

I'm a goblin! Brinika explains. Like Aunt Reelshka. Goblins are small.

Misaki crosses her arms over her chest. "So, you're not from Felinia, then? Where are you from?"

___

[Some Other Point in Time]

"Yoo-hoo! Sophie!" Tarin is among the cabins, looking for Sophie. She's wearing her traditional purple dress and wide brimmed hat, apples and other fruit occasionally rolling off the brim to mark her wake.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground

[Some Other Point in Time - Garden]

Sophie can be found in the garden, kneeling in the dirt and preparing her plants for the winter.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Troll in the Playground

Sophie may get a tackle-glomp from behind as Tarin appears! "Sophie, dear, it's been so long!" Tarin will try to give her friend a peck on each cheek, smiling widely.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie is tackleglomped and drops her scissors and the wrapping for the plants in order to hug Tarin. Tarin! Yes, it has. How have you been?

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

"I've been great, dear! I had tea with Submission-Under-Adversity-Brings-Peace Halifx, had tea with Magtok, and got shot!" Tarin absolutely beams. "The Nexus is such a wonderful place!"

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie beams, before what Tarin just said sinks in. You got shot? She's sure not acting like someone who got shot. But then, it's Tarin. Getting shot is probably a great story.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

"Yup! With a gun! It was so exciting! She pulled the trigger, and it went bang! It was so loud and bright, and then I started bleeding everywhere. It was great fun!" Tarin is as pleased as punch as she relays the story.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Okaaaay. Sophie reminds herself that Tarin is a... she never gave her the name of her kind, if there is one, but she's a living story. It's probably very hard to kill her. And it had never happened to her before, probably, so it was a novelty.
    Oh my. Who was it? And why did she shoot you?

11. - Top - End - #701
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, it was one of the leaders of some place called WATCHTOWER, and this grumpy man covered in scars who wasn't a king, even though he had a crown. I was trying to lead the zombies to freedom, and revolt against her oppression of them, and then she shot me." Tarin grins at Sophie. "Isn't that great?"

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

Why yes, it is. From Tarin's point of view, at least. Didn't getting shot hurt, though? She asks, concerned. She wouldn't be surprised if hadn't, though.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, terribly! More than anything else I've ever experienced." Tarin pats Sophie on the shoulder. "But don't fret, dear, I'm alright."

14. - Top - End - #704
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie shakes her head. If you say so. You're the first person I've met to talk about it so casually. What happened to the zombies in the end?

15. - Top - End - #705
    Troll in the Playground

"They all went free!" Tarin strikes a pose, putting her hands on her hips. "You're looking at Tarin, the Zombie Liberator!"

16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie claps her hands with a smile. Great work, Tarin. I don't know what those zombies would have done without you. She can't help but wonder what Watchtower was really doing with those zombies. But they're supposed to be able to handle this sort of thing regardless. And who is... Submission-Under-Adversity-Brings-Peace Halifax?
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-11-13 at 12:34 PM.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Troll in the Playground

"A Remnant soldier. She tricked me and lied to me, but then she apologized and came to tea with me. She's very nice, but she seems to have problems with her family. I don't think they like what she does. So, I told her I was proud of what she does for us. And I am, really. Such a noble, dashing life, that of a soldier. I want to see her again soon." Tarin flops down into the dirt, propping her chin up on her hands, feet kicking behind her.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie sits down as well, wincing and reaching at her side as she feels a pang of pain in the wound. That was nice of you. Remnant does a good job and she sounds like a good person. And it's always bad when someone isn't appreciated by their own family.

19. - Top - End - #709

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Outside- By the Lake

"Myrim isn't a slave, she's a pet, stupid human. And she's my pet for her own good. It's all for their own good. We offer them food, shelter, healthcare, and they work in exchange. I have no idea what kind of squalid hut she dwelt in before I bought her, but I know that dwarfs eat their dead, minotaur are always moving and that lizardfolk tribes raid each other to eat the eggs of other tribes." The elf then turns back to staring out over the lake.

In her world, Mountain Dwarfs do indeed practice cannibalism; it's a ritualised part of their ancestor worship. They are not allowed to eat their dead when enslaved by elves, which according to their religion means that the dead are really dead, unable to live on in the bodies of those whom ate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Zamira is currently walking along the lakeside!

She doesn't hear the conversation, but looks on in interest. "Um, hello? What are you looking for?"

Not sure how the elf will respond to the foxgirl with silver tattoos...
    Outside- By the Lake

"And after all this isn't the third Elfisch Emipre nor the dwarfen, lizard, minotaur or any other of the areas you cam from. This is called the Nexus and here we have an other system."

Andy did at first not notice the foxgirl his attention is on the elf. He imagines that the elf soon will do something, which he has to stop.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #710

"But I'm so hungry..." The girl protests weakly before allowing Sophie to get a better look at her. She have dark skin which is covered in black tattoos going up from her legs, across her dainty form, all the way up to her face.

The inscription is rather hard to make out considering the collar, like everything else, is covered in a layer of dirt. The symbols doesn't look like normal letters though.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

That's fine. It's going to be alright. Just let me help, Sophie says as she tries to remove the dirt from the collar. What do you want to eat?

22. - Top - End - #712

Between the dirty curls of her Sophie can see the girl's green eyes staring at her for a moment before she starts to weep again, shaking her head. "Nothing, nothing..."

As Sophie touches the collar the markings start to glow and the hunter will suddenly 'hear' a message within her mind.

This is a tracking collar with number ></¤+ and the property of the sky fortress Malezchenar. If you can hear this please remain where you are and we will dispatch an agent to collect it. You will be rewarded for your patience.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-11-13 at 04:10 PM.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Forest]

Koro makes bear noises and follows along. It's impossible to tell if he has any idea what the dwarf is talking about.
    ((Sorry, I'm being really bad at posting.

Also, rereading what I've written, simple memory. ))

Forest

The dwarf starts running straight into the middle of the forest, apparently aware of where a deer is.

Maybe by smell? Dwarves have excellent senses of smell right?
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest]

Koro follows after her more than willingly. She has the gold after all, and Koro wants it!

25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Sophie sits down as well, wincing and reaching at her side as she feels a pang of pain in the wound. That was nice of you. Remnant does a good job and she sounds like a good person. And it's always bad when someone isn't appreciated by their own family.

"What's wrong?" Tarin looks at Sophie's side. "Are you hurt?"

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Between the dirty curls of her Sophie can see the girl's green eyes staring at her for a moment before she starts to weep again, shaking her head. "Nothing, nothing..."

As Sophie touches the collar the markings start to glow and the hunter will suddenly 'hear' a message within her mind.

This is a tracking collar with number ></¤+ and the property of the sky fortress Malezchenar. If you can hear this please remain where you are and we will dispatch an agent to collect it. You will be rewarded for your patience.
    Sophie frowns. This girl is someone's "property"? She won't stand for this. Where are you from? What's your name? She asks the girl. She's still not sure if she was inside the monster, or is that monster and changed shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post

"What's wrong?" Tarin looks at Sophie's side. "Are you hurt?"
    Sophie nods.
    I am, actually. I got shot too. By a man trying to kidnap someone from the campsite. Another member patched me up though, and I should recover.

27. - Top - End - #717

She sniffs a bit before replying. "K-Kyra, Kyra Silverleaf..." The girl replies as she touches her forehead, looking like she's trying to clear her head. "I'm from... Malezchenar, or do you mean from originally?"

28. - Top - End - #718
    Orc in the Playground

Outside- By The Lake

"I'm looking for my pet, Myrim. She's about this high" about three feet tall "with blue skin, aqua hair, gills and golden eyes. She jumped into the lake; have you seen her?" The noblewoman hasn't mentioned that Myrim is a Marsh Goblin. Then she turns to Andy. "I keep telling you, shut up!" Andy's making her really frustrated.

Outside- The Other Side of the Lake

After a while, Myrim does emerge. Her plain undyed linen clothing is wet, and clinging to her. She's rather shapely, though not very old as Marsh Goblins measure things- just out of puberty. "Hello. Thank you for your words; though she treated me well, it is good to feel such water about my gills."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

She sniffs a bit before replying. "K-Kyra, Kyra Silverleaf..." The girl replies as she touches her forehead, looking like she's trying to clear her head. "I'm from... Malezchenar, or do you mean from originally?"
    Yes, I do mean originally. Sophie nods. I also want to know how you were turned into that thing.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Outside- By The Lake

"I'm looking for my pet, Myrim. She's about this high" about three feet tall "with blue skin, aqua hair, gills and golden eyes. She jumped into the lake; have you seen her?" The noblewoman hasn't mentioned that Myrim is a Marsh Goblin. Then she turns to Andy. "I keep telling you, shut up!" Andy's making her really frustrated.
    "...I could always go looking in the lake for her. What species is she?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine