New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

[Garden]

"She isn't yours!" Tarin keeps pulling at Sophie, trying to rip into her essence. "I'll tear you right out!"

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

Tarin will find that Sophie's essence is pretty much normal mortal essence... but something else holds it firmly in its grip, something that has transcended its humanity long ago.
    CHAMPION.
    WARRIOR.
    MUST CONTINUE.

At this point, the chorus magnifies, three hundred voices speaking in unison:
    INHERIT THE EARTH.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden]

"It's not fair! You can't do this to her!" Tarin's grasping has become weak, as she realizes the futility of her struggle.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

NECESSARY.
    WORLD CHOKED BY MONSTERS.
    WORTHY WERE CHOSEN AND SENT TO FIGHT LIKE BEFORE.

RECKONING.
    The next voice is quiet and gentle, especially when compared to the deafening roar of the other Messengers:
    SORRY...
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-11-15 at 03:14 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Yes, of course. I'll step outside. She promptly does so, even though she feels dog tired and would really like to go back to sleep.
    [Maple Cabin - Night Time]

Time passes outside but no one is letting her in, could something have happened?

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie re-enters the cabin, worried.

[Other Side Of The Lake]

Reelshka approaches Brand and Myrim, walking quickly. Do you know why Andy and Zamira are arguing with that elf? She keeps mentioning a slave.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Troll in the Playground

Other Side of the Lake

Brand looks up. "Myrim, this is Reelshka. She's one of the council members here." He wants to make sure Myrim isn't frightened by her sudden arrival. "The elf... keeps slaves. I told Myrim we would offer her sanctuary."

If he knew about the minotaurs and carriage guards, he'd want to go and free them as well. But he doesn't. He only saw a woman with a goblin kept on a chain, and stood up to her.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #788
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sophie will find a newly washed Kyra asleep in a coach just outside the bathroom. She's only wearing a robe but it's still better then her recent nudity. It looks like she basically collapsed there once she got out of the bathroom.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    Misaki crosses her arms over her chest. "So, you're not from Felinia, then? Where are you from?"
    "The Katchiki Tribe. We wander in our area of the high plain, and go into the forest of Gei when the herds thin. In the cold times we return to the gates of Mei where we cooperate with other tribes to survive."

She says it like a recitation. And she locks eyes with Misaki. She's trying to shape Misaki up, memorize her body shape, body language, and voice. Alas, she does not yet have the skill to analyze people for their attitudes yet. She still has to get to know people the hard way.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Orc in the Playground

Other Side of the Lake

"Hello." Myrim is a Marsh Goblin, with blue skin, greenish-blue hair, feathery gills in her neck, golden eyes and webbed fingers and toes. She's wearing a plain white robe, which is ringing wet since her swim in the lake. "She won't believe this is the Third Great Elvish Empire, where all non-Elves are slaves."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Sophie will find a newly washed Kyra asleep in a coach just outside the bathroom. She's only wearing a robe but it's still better then her recent nudity. It looks like she basically collapsed there once she got out of the bathroom.
    Sophie decides to go back to sleep as well. From what Kyra said, the extraction party shouldn't be there by the time they wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Outside

"The Katchiki Tribe. We wander in our area of the high plain, and go into the forest of Gei when the herds thin. In the cold times we return to the gates of Mei where we cooperate with other tribes to survive."

She says it like a recitation. And she locks eyes with Misaki. She's trying to shape Misaki up, memorize her body shape, body language, and voice. Alas, she does not yet have the skill to analyze people for their attitudes yet. She still has to get to know people the hard way.
    Brinika looks from one catgirl to another curiously.

[Other Side of the Lake]

Reelshka's ears fall back in indignation. That's intolerable. Let's hope Andy and Zamira manage to get it into her head that she's not in her "empire" and that we won't stand for owning slaves. Are there any other slaves here with her apart from you?

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

Other Side of the Lake

"She might need an elf to tell her otherwise," Brand says. "I don't think Renetta should have to face her though. Do we know any elves in any of the other groups we could call in?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #793
    Orc in the Playground

Other Side of the Lake

"It might be a good idea to give her time to cool down, too. She told the human to go away and shut up, and he's not doing it. She's not used to anybody, least of all a non-elf, disobeying her orders. She's getting angrier and angrier whilst talked to." Myrim doesn't seem confident with her orders; she knows Malaaraha well, but this is an alien situation for her ex-mistress meaning that she has no idea how the elf will take it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

14. - Top - End - #794
    Troll in the Playground

Other Side of the Lake

"Is she travelling alone? Did she bring other slaves - or other slave owners - with her?" Brand asked, worriedly.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #795
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Quinn, after a brief conversation with Jamie, starts grabbing stuff. Medicine stuff. And arms. Looks like enough to start a small war.

Outside the Infirmary

Jamie walks outside in a huff. Or maybe a minute and a huff.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

{Infirmary -> Outside Infirmary}

So are we going to save Tobias now? she asks as she follows Quinn and Jamie out. She'd been waiting patiently this whole time.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

17. - Top - End - #797
    Troll in the Playground

Outside Infirmary

"Mom's going. She says I have to stay here," Jamie grouses, sitting and resting her arms on her knees. "She says it's too dangerous."

Quinn is still inside. Looks like she's putting on body armor.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #798
    Troll in the Playground

{Outside Infirmary}

She just doesn't want to lose both you and your father. But don't worry. I'll be there to protect her. Vidalia reaches out to pat Jamie's head.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Troll in the Playground

Outside Infirmary

"Thanks." Jamie manages a smile at Vidalia!
    "I just wish I was all grown up so that I could go and help instead of being stuck here."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #800
    Troll in the Playground

Outside Infirmary

"Could be worse, lass. You could be your actual age," Ironbeard points out as he floats through.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #801
    Troll in the Playground

{Outside Infirmary}

Vidalia raises an eyebrow. Your actual age? What does that mean?

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Lake 3.0

Both children squeal, are dunked, then squeal again.

"It's cold! I told you it would be cold!" Tito yells indignantly. While laughing. Somehow.

Lily laughs and dives right back under the water to try and grab Waterstrider around the neck and pull his face back under the water.
    Lake 3.0

Waterstrider laughs as he's pulled back under, and continues laughing underwater. After a moment, he twists free of Lily and dives deep, out of sight.

Plotting...

23. - Top - End - #803
    Troll in the Playground

Lake 3.0

Ah, the difference between two siblings, raised by the same parents in the same environment:

Tito is smart enough to scramble out of the water, wet and shivering.

Lily is adventurous enough to stay in, swimming around and watching for Waterstrider's next 'attack'.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake 3.0

It'll be several minutes, but Tito might see a dark spot growing rapidly under his sister as Waterstrider swims upwards with incredible speed. When he breaks the surface, he roars. He leaps into the air with great enough speed that he's completely out of the water for a moment before he curls up into cannonball, to land right next to the halfling girl.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Troll in the Playground

Lake 3.0

Like a loyal brother, Tito... says nothing. Ha! Teach her to call him coward and make him jump in cold water in November!

Lily screams in that way that children do that means either 'I'm having the time of my life' or 'I'm being murdered'. Loud enough that Brand looks up from his conversation with Myrim and Reelshka to see what's happening, and chuckles softly. Pansy is also watching over the children, from a chair by the waterside, where she's peeling potatoes.

The girl dives after Waterstrider and tries to grapple him underwater, so that when he next comes up, she'll be clinging to him.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake 3.0

After a few moments of grappling underwater, Waterstrider rises to the surface, carrying Lily on his head, chuckling. "I think that's enough for now." He tells her, grinning in a human manner.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

Lake 3.0

Her teeth are chattering loudly. "But I'm having fun!"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #808
    Troll in the Playground

Outside Infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "Could be worse, lass. You could be your actual age," Ironbeard points out as he floats through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Vidalia raises an eyebrow. Your actual age? What does that mean?
    Jamie winces at Ironbeard's words, and shoots the dwarven ghost an annoyed look like only a tween/teenaged girl can.
    "Um...well, you know how people age fast around here sometimes, right?" she asks Vidalia.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #809
    Troll in the Playground

Outside the Infirmary

A tweenaged girl - or an angry toddler!

"The lass should be glad she isn't still in diapers," Ironbeard says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #810
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Forest]

Koro takes a moment to consider. Well, he is a bit hungry. There, considered. The beargon runs at top speed after the weakest looking deer of the bunch. He uses his wings to give him some extra speed. He's a mean, green, killing machine. Rawr.
    HAHA! THAT'S THE SPIRIT! The dwarf bellows, firing bolts with wild abandon into the group of deer - although none fly towards Koro, and only a few hit anything.

The young deer is startled for a second - a second too long as it turns out, Koro will easily be able to catch it, and murder it good.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show