New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

Outside Infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Jamie winces at Ironbeard's words, and shoots the dwarven ghost an annoyed look like only a tween/teenaged girl can.
    "Um...well, you know how people age fast around here sometimes, right?" she asks Vidalia.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A tweenaged girl - or an angry toddler!

"The lass should be glad she isn't still in diapers," Ironbeard says.
    Vidalia shakes her head no. As long as I've been here, I've never noticed this. She looks to Ironbeard. Diapers? Then back to Jamie. Oh you are not coming with me. I refuse to be watching over an infant. No matter how grown she looks. Or sounds.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-11-16 at 08:11 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #842
    Barbarian in the Playground

Under the Cabins

The rats begin to move closer, and the ones that are closest may begin to do all the things rat owners find absolutely adorable. They've been trained to attract anyone that looks like they're interested in them and try to become their pets.

"Chktchktchkt."

The closest rat tries to put its paws on Annabelle's arm and yawns cutely.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under the Cabins]

"I'M NOT SURE WHAT'S GOING ON HERE." Annabelle says, "BUT YOU'RE MAKING ME FEEL REALLY BAD ABOUT CONSIDERING EATING RATS." she pouts a little, reaching out to pet one of them. She'll have to find something else to try and satisfy her ghoulish hunger with. Maybe fish.

Strange creatures like her tend not to keep pets, however, as adorable as they make themselves seem.

4. - Top - End - #844

Under the Cabins

The rats understand a small bit of common, just a few phrases their master taught them, and what she just said is definitely one of the warning phrases they've been taught to avoid.

"Chktchkt ~EatingRats?~"

"Chktchkt ~Run-flee!~"

In unison the pack of rats attempts to flee the ghoul, all except the one she's petting, who forgot to pay attention to what she was saying in favor of receiving pets.

Well, if she changed her mind about the pet... or the snack, now would be time to capitalize.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under the Cabins]

Annabelle looks surprised and vaguely upset!

"I WASN'T GOING TO!" she tries to reassure the fleeing rats. She continues petting the one who stuck with her, but slightly upset at her terrifying the poor little rats, she slowly pulls herself out from under the cabin.

Even rats run away from her! Everyone's scared of her.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Lake 3.0

"I can't believe you swim this time of year," Pansy says. *peel peel peel the potato* "But once they saw you in the water, Lily wasn't going to rest until she was in it too."
    Lake 3.0

Waterstrider gives a slight wolfen smile using his ears and a single wag of his tail. "She's a good kid. You and Brand did great by them." He tells her sincerely, reaching out to set a paw on her shoulder reassuringly.

7. - Top - End - #847

Under the Cabins -> Behind the Cabins?

The one rat she was petting espies an opportunity to do his duty! He'll scamper out from under the cabin and attempt to latch onto the Ghoul's skirt as she's getting to her feet and scurry up to sit on her shoulder. Assuming that succeeds, it'll start to lick her cheek, chittering in between licks.

"Chtchtchtchikachikachikachika Chick!"
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-11-16 at 09:01 PM.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Lake 3.0

Waterstrider gives a slight wolfen smile using his ears and a single wag of his tail. "She's a good kid. You and Brand did great by them." He tells her sincerely, reaching out to set a paw on her shoulder reassuringly.
    "With your help, yours and your brother's," she says, reaching up to squeeze his paw.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

[Behind the Cabins]

Annabelle isn't sure what to think about her hitch-hiking rat. She raises a hand to pat it. How else should she respond? She's not mean enough to throw it away, especially since it's the one rat that didn't run from her. Maybe she'll just let it stay there for now. She's undead anyways, so it's not like that any weirder than the rest of her.

She'll continue her roaming around the camp, with the rat on her shoulder.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake 3.0

Waterstrider takes a seat by her and pulls his knees up close, looking at the lake. "Where do we go from here?" He asks, not really expecting a literal answer, just seeking the wisdom of someone his elder.

11. - Top - End - #851

Behind the Cabins -> Wherever Anna Goes

The rat will continue to lick Annabelle all over her cheeks and neck unless she decides to stop it. It will seem like it is grooming her, but in reality its just going after the salty taste of her skin, ignoring the light covering of dirt she must still have from being buried so long.

They must make a pretty odd pair, but then Anna on her own was fairly odd. The still nameless rat will attempt to switch shoulders so it has better access to her other cheek.

One last thing. If Annabelle goes into her standard ghoul pose as she's walking, the rat will soon catch on and try to mimic her, standing on its hind legs with its forepaws out in front of it and tail sticking out straight behind it for balance. Every so often a step will cause it to wobble slightly and the tail to sort of helicopter about so it can regain its balance.

If the rat was a bit bigger, and black with red eyes, and foaming at the mouth this pose would be menacing... dare I say terrifying.

As it is the little fuzzball looks absolutely adorable.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Troll in the Playground

Lake 3.0

"They grow up so fast. All we can do is treasure every day." Pansy says. "Do you think about returning to your tribe?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wherever Anna's Going]

The Ghoul has a hard time not squealing girlishly every time the rat does something cute, finding it almost unfair the way it seems to be doing everything in its power to appear so. Maybe she'll give it a name, when she thinks of one. But for now it's just that cute rat on her shoulder posturing itself to act like her.

If only she knew where she was going, and those location tags are hardly helpful in situations like this - not that she can read them in the first place, however. That'd be a little too silly even for her.

"WHAT SHOULD I CALL YOU? HMM..." she thinks for a few moments, and then comes to a decision, eyes lighting up.

"I'LL CALL YOU SQUEE."

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake 3.0

Waterstrider is quiet for a moment as he looks in the direction of Pathfinder's Hut. He gives a bit of a sad sigh as he remembers his tribe. "Yes, but...it's not my place any more." He says, ears falling back.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Troll in the Playground

Lake 3.0

"We'd like to go back one day, but not yet. We need stability, and this is a good place to raise a family. Maybe when the children are older, we'll be willing to take the risks of a journey."
    Pansy says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #856

On Anna's Shoulder

The newly dubbed Squee notes his nickname, as he does everything Anna says/does/smell and tastes like. Of course, how he is going to get away from her long enough to report these things, or whether or not he even wants to leave her any more, will be left up to a later date when such things matter.

For now, it just concentrates on not falling off, one step at a time.

Step. Wobble.

Step. Wobble.

Ad infinitum until someone notices the ghoul with the rat on her.

Except... the noises it's making have changed slightly.

"Chktchikctsqueechikachikachika."

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [By the Lake]

Phoenix shakes his head.
    "There is always another alternative to violence. If reasoning fails, then you try something else. It could have been as simple as refusing to let her leave without the slaves. We have the means to do that, I'm sure. Or you could simply free the slaves, and take them under protective custody. Resolving something peacefully doesn't mean bending to someone else's will, it just means finding a way around them instead of meeting them head on. But if your next resort is to slam them into the ground and telling them they're going to die for their sins, then you've already failed."
    Zamira's expression has defenite hints of 'you don't understand'. She sighs. "Do as you will with her. I'm going to free the other slaves she has."

Aaaand she starts heading towards the entrance again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #858
    Troll in the Playground

((Want me to have Shrike catch Zamira?))

[Outside Infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Vidalia shakes her head no. As long as I've been here, I've never noticed this. She looks to Ironbeard. Diapers? Then back to Jamie. Oh you are not coming with me. I refuse to be watching over an infant. No matter how grown she looks. Or sounds.
    "I'm not an infant," Jamie snaps, probably sounding downright perturbed by this point. "I might be only two real world years old -" and here the Fourth Wall Masons' Union produces wailing and gnashing of teeth - "but I've grown fast and I've spent time in faster dimensions. So there!"
    And she stomps her foot!
    Very maturely.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

{{Sure }}

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Troll in the Playground

In that case, Shrike is heading on a trajectory that will intercept Zamira near the gate.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Zamira's expression has defenite hints of 'you don't understand'. She sighs. "Do as you will with her. I'm going to free the other slaves she has."

Aaaand she starts heading towards the entrance again.
    [By the Lake]

"As you wish."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

She may intercept Zamira heading for the front gate and the slaves beyond!

And her expression's pretty much unreadable.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #863

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Forest]

Koro suddenly changed direction and goes for a mighty headbutt. Oh dear.

Poor Koro won't know what hit him.
    The dwarf certainly won't do anything to avoid this headbutt - she's wearing a helmet.

She will grin maniacally though.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

24. - Top - End - #864
    Bugbear in the Playground

[By the Lake]

Andy in this time takes a look at the elf and if allowed he tries to drag her away from the lakes beach (since I thought we are here).
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest]

Bam! Heads collide! Koro seems fine for a moment. He doesn't even move backward, leaving the dwarf to just bounce off. After a moment of just staring forward, he takes a few staggering steps backward. This proves to be too much for the stunned beargon, and he collapses in a heap.

26. - Top - End - #866

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Forest]

Bam! Heads collide! Koro seems fine for a moment. He doesn't even move backward, leaving the dwarf to just bounce off. After a moment of just staring forward, he takes a few staggering steps backward. This proves to be too much for the stunned beargon, and he collapses in a heap.
    The dwarf, staggers backwards a bit, but manages to stay conscious. She'll try and drag the (probably quite badly mangled) deer corpse away from Koro, and she'll start slicing it up there and then with her wooden axe.

You can't beat a dwarf in a headbuttin' contest. We're the best there is.

Show

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest]

Koro makes some rather pathetic bear noises. Hey, at least he's still conscious... and alive. >.>

28. - Top - End - #868

You did alright, I guess. The dwarf says, handing the beargon a bar of gold and a fresh piece of deer steak. But you have to not eat the kill until I slaughter it, alright? The dwarf says, raising her eyebrows at Koro.

Show

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest]

Koro growls, but there's not a lot put into it. Why are there two dwarves standing in front of him? @.@ He'll take that gold though, you better believe it.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside Infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "I'm not an infant," Jamie snaps, probably sounding downright perturbed by this point. "I might be only two real world years old -" and here the Fourth Wall Masons' Union produces wailing and gnashing of teeth - "but I've grown fast and I've spent time in faster dimensions. So there!"
    And she stomps her foot!
    Very maturely.
    Vidalia nods. Okay. she says with a smile.

She then raises her hand, palm up. Out of nowhere, a small onion appears, which promptly jumps down and rolls over to Jamie, nuzzling against her foot. Jamie! it says.

Well, I'm going back inside to see if Quinn's ready. and she does so.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody