New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside II

[HypnoHottie Ground Zero]

"Sounds like a plan to me." Moff rubs his hands together in anticipation.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Hypnohottie Ground Zero >> Parking Lot

Moff heads for the parking lot, taking the opportunity to grab Moff's ass along the way.

M'usic

"How about Take a Chance on Me?" Darcy suggests, her mind obviously fixated on ABBA.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #483
    Bugbear in the Playground

M'usic

Mil C. Noce, stands back at the counter and watchs the pair of ladies. This should be good, and with the minor magic in the mic to make things sung into it sound better, a sale should be coming up.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

M'usic

"Alright."

Ilpholin knows better than to argue with someone so fixated.
    So she heads up, clears her throat and starts singing.

There's a few notable differences of course. For starters, her version has no back-up singers. Secondly, her voice is a lot more sultry. It's like everything she sings has provocative innuendo behind it, even when there truly is none. This is pretty much just how her singing voice is and is not really intentional.

Turns out she has a pretty good singing voice as well. Able to keep the rhythm, hit the right notes most of the time, remember most of the words. Like she's a natural. Must be a bard's daughter.

Now that's not to say she's perfect. She'd need a lot more practice and some teaching for that. Ilpholin does mess up a few times during the song. But the raw talent is definitely there.

It might draw some customers in if anyone passes by.

Hypnohottie Ground Zero

"Burning orks in the face! I'm totally in with this plan!" Whatever this plan is. He thinks he recalls sleeping with some hottie after something happens and someone breaks up or breaks something or other. Hard to say. But if he gets to burn orks in the face for looking at them, he's totally in. "Just tell me when and where ba-bie." Stu poses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Barbarian in the Playground

Operation HypnoHottie

Rocid's clothing quickly morphs to that of the courier, and his face shifts a little as well, becoming more homely and downtrodden like a proper NPC should be.

"Let's keep things simple. If you can get a courier truck or something similar, I'll lead him out to the lot saying his gal has sent him something big and I need him to sign for it. We'll have a few guys in the front of the truck disguised like I am, and one in the "package" in the back, maybe Stu because I'm pretty sure he'll stick out, and I don't think he needs to breath."

Rocid put alot of thought into this, but it relies Magtok having access to an Inside courier van, or there being one nearby they can jack.

((Edit: I should clarify that Rocid knows Stu volunteered to be on his team for the mission, but thinks it's too risky to have him anywhere near the guy while they're still out in public. That and he just wants to stuff Stu in a crate; that's reason enough alone to suggest it.))
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-11-06 at 09:15 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

M'usic

Darcy likes it anyway, despite any mistakes. It being live music makes up for any flaws - plus there's magic improving the quality of the music. "You sound amazing, Ilphy. Do another one, one of your favourites."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #487

M'usic

Mil smiles, not bad, not bad at all. Sale is in the wings.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

A man in an expensive blue suit walks past the fountain. After a moment, he turns around and walks back to the fountain.

A quick flick and a quarter lands in the pool. Suddenly, the whole fountain runs with red, grey and blue.

Oh, nice.

He continues down the mall, viewing the stores.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

Erin's Emporium

Crissy smiles back at Alice, squeezing her hand then hurrying behind the counter to where she knows the sweets are kept.

====

H2GZ

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Hypnohottie Ground Zero]

Moff is totally her with Mag and Co. Hypnotizing the hottie is clearly the best plan. He's glad they're doing this plan. And now if only the other Moff wasn't censored.
    HypnoHottie Ground Zero

Magtok cracks his knuckles and grins. Time to let go of your frustrations with Stu, cyborg. Time to let the Moffs do their thing, time to stop facepalming and just roll with it. Time to kick ass, take names, and most importantly of all, have fun.

"Ladies and gentlemen and cerebellums, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to kidnap the individual known as Gus, to show this buffoon why you don't go out with people as smelly and ugly as Commander Vasquez, and lastly, to convince him to drive a stake right through her leathery, garlic-scented heart.

We won't be running in with our guns blazing, because this is a mall and I have a store here and that'd just make us look like asshats. No, we'll need to be considerably more subtle than that. One half of our team, heretofore known as 'Team Sexy Rattlesnake Parade' will be tasked with convincing Gus, of his own free will, into going to the parking lot outside. The other half, 'Team Grab His Stupid Ass and Run Away' will, obviously, be tasked with setting up an sneaky ambush in the parking lot and escaping with the guy before he can scream for help or let anyone know he's being abducted."

Magtok clears his throat, and then turns towards Becky and Stu.

"Now, I understand you guys aren't here for Gus. I get that, and I'm willing to make some concessions to accommodate that. Here's what we do: Before the killing thing, we have the boyfriend break up with her, gently, and tell her that he has two really awesome friends she might be interested in, instead. While she's on the rebound, you guys make your moves and such. He comes back later, begging for forgiveness, they have make-up sex, and then he stabs her in her smelly Remnant leader-heart. Deal?"
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Hypnohottie Ground Zero

"I am totally on team Ass-grabbing" Moff says. Because the other team will have to rp with Gus more. And also because it lets Moff get to say ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    M'usic

"I... guess I could." Ilpholin nibbles her lip a little more.
    "Anything in particular or should I pick?"

HypnoHottie Ground Zero

"Hmmm... ok deal, but I get to be on Team Sexy Rattlesnake Parade." Stu likes that name better than grab and run.

Moff raises his hand. He has something very important to ask. "If I'm on team Ass Grab do I actually get to grab his ass?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Magmart

Rocid, unable to surpress the blueness that the die has cursed him with, layers an illusion over himself. He's now a rather dapper looking man in a blue suit.

"I can do cleanup duty, but since everyone else seems to want to wait in the parking lot I can also be the one to lure him out if you've got a courier's uniform I can look at. Should be no trouble to convince him I'm here on official business from his lady love."
    HypnoHottie Ground Zero

Magtok shrugs towards the Moff. "Sure, whatever. Just don't let it stop you from actually completing your assignment. And remember, if he gets away or screams for help or something, you'll never get another chance near him again."

He then turns towards Stu, trying to contain his excitement and gleeful enthusiasm for his own admittedly preposterous and haphazard scheme. I don't think he's even taken off the heartsy sunglasses, either. "Alright Stu, but I'd appreciate you try to keep your role in this part of the operation kinda small. Your skill's with the ladies, not the gentlemen. If the Mall Kopz catch on and start coming at us, though, you can providing a distraction with the flamethrower."

Lastly, he turns towards Rocid, whipping out a new hologram, this of the standard Inside courier outfit, if there is one. "Alright, you'll be the one to approach him, then. Can you come up with a good explanation for the rest of Team Rattlesnake to be in the area, or would you rather us just blend in a crowd and watch from afar?"

"Sounds like a plan to me." Moff rubs his hands together in anticipation.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Hypnohottie Ground Zero >> Parking Lot

Moff heads for the parking lot, taking the opportunity to grab Moff's ass along the way.

M'usic

"How about Take a Chance on Me?" Darcy suggests, her mind obviously fixated on ABBA.
    Operation HypnoHottie

Rocid's clothing quickly morphs to that of the courier, and his face shifts a little as well, becoming more homely and downtrodden like a proper NPC should be.

"Let's keep things simple. If you can get a courier truck or something similar, I'll lead him out to the lot saying his gal has sent him something big and I need him to sign for it. We'll have a few guys in the front of the truck disguised like I am, and one in the "package" in the back, maybe Stu because I'm pretty sure he'll stick out, and I don't think he needs to breath."

Rocid put alot of thought into this, but it relies Magtok having access to an Inside courier van, or there being one nearby they can jack.

Becky grins, rubbing her hands together gleefully and nodding to everything that comes out of the cyborg's mouth. "This is a good plan. A cunning plan. And I do love it when a plan comes together..."

A small bit of shadow swirls and vanishes into the shadows...
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2011-11-06 at 09:13 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #490

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    En route to Magmart

"My eyes?" Dawn gestures towards them. "I'm a deva. It's an kind of angel who chosen to live a mortal life, or many mortal lives. When I die I will be reborn again as a full grown new deva." She explains, hoping it made sense.

She looks down on the ground. "We are usually considered... aesthetically pleasing by humans as well. Something I should be grateful of, far from all mortals are blessed with that." The deva looks up at him again. "None the less, your comment is appreciated, your company have been nothing but pleasing so far."
    Magmart - we had to get there eventually.

"I don't know a lot about angels, but I have heard of that reincarnation sort of thing." As they approach Magmart, he holds open the door for the Deva, trying to live up to the visage of a gentleman he seems to have created. "So, is this your first mortal life or do the memories just not pass on? You did say hygiene stuff was new to you.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

M'usic

Ilpholin takes a while to think of one she'd sing. She actually doesn't know that many songs. That one's too cheesy, that one's a duet, that one's too depressing, and that one she knows but considers folly.

She finally settles for one she used to listen to a lot back when she was pining for KR. And sings.

She's a lot better this time around, due to knowing the song better. Though the sultriness she exudes likely feels a little out of place in this one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Aurora Fountain

A man in an expensive blue suit walks past the fountain. After a moment, he turns around and walks back to the fountain.

A quick flick and a quarter lands in the pool. Suddenly, the whole fountain runs with red, grey and blue.

Oh, nice.

He continues down the mall, viewing the stores.
    As the man is walking away from the fountain, a young woman is coming the other way. Arel stops and looks at the coloured fountain water curiously. "Excuse me, sir." She says to the man. "How did you do that?" She's had a certain interest in magic as of late, and that certainly looked magical.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

The man smiles at her.

"I had heard that if you threw a coin into the fountain, you could change it's color. I thought it rather silly, but decided to try it anyway. And, look at that."

"Not the best color scheme, is it? Perhaps you have a better idea?"

He offers her a quarter.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aurora Fountain]

Arel smiles warmly at the man and takes the coin. "Oh, really?" She walks over and gives the coin a little toss into the fountain. It enters the water with a little splash, and suddenly the waters change. The red remains, but the blue and grey are replaced with shimmering streams of gold and silver.

Arel turns to face the man again, still smiling. "That's quite nice. Thank you for the coin. My name is Arel by the way, and you are?"

15. - Top - End - #495
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

He smiles. That is better.

"Tabor. This really is an interesting place. Not only this Mall, but the whole of this... Nexus, as they call it. Such an interesting place. It seems to me like the kind of place where many people can find a place to belong."

He admires the fountain for a bit.

"If you don't mind me asking, what is your place in this... Nexus? I don't mean to pry, of course."

16. - Top - End - #496

Cecily's Millinery und Hat Magic

Prometheus steps into the shop, looking distinctly uncomfortable. There are so many people in Mallside, surrounding him on all sides, filling the noise with meaningless chatter that drowns out all other sound... And any one of them could have a knife, or a gun, a thermal detonator... It doesn't bear to think about.

"Er, hello? I am looking for a hat?" Prometheus asks, looking around the shop, trying not to let on how nervous he is. All this dancing nonsense, that's what the problem is. Why on earth did he ever agree to this!?
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aurora Fountain]

"It's no problem at all." Arel says. "I've only been here a few days myself. I've already got a job at the Gambling League of Gambling, though. I'm actually here to buy a uniform today." Presumably she was give some money for Magtok for that. At least, if he's a good boss in any way shape or form.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

Cecily's

"Goot day. Vat kind uf het kan Hy interest hyu in today?" Cecily asks cheerfully.

As she does, the shop hut suddenly stands up and starts roaming the mall. It may be a bit disconcerting.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #499
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

"Well, I am rather new, too. In fact, I'm a businessman and venture capitalist looking for something to invest in."

A slight pause.

"The Gambling League of Gambling? Hmm. I may look into that. It sounds a bit silly, but so does "Horseshoe Casino." I was going to browse the shops and see if I can find any solid investments."

"Of course, any casino is often a stable investment. Often surprisingly so. I presume it is legal? For that matter, I assume it is a casino?"

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aurora Fountain]

"That's right, a casino. I assume it's legal. I mean, it's a big place. I can't imagine they could hide anything if it wasn't." Arel would be rather unhappy to find out she worked for an illegal establishment. Thankfully that's not the case.

21. - Top - End - #501

Cecily's

In Prometheus's current state, "disconcerting" is rather liable to cause an over-reaction. Which it does. As the shop lurches beneath his feet, Prometheus grabs onto the nearest inanimate object for balance, likely leaving an imprint of his claws on some unfortunate hatrack. With his free hand, he draws a .44 magnum from his coat, aiming at Cessie. "What was that!?" Prometheus snarls, convinced this is some insidious plot against him.

((Note: I'm not trying to cause a fight, as I know Mallside is supposed to be a combat free zone. Prometheus certainly won't actually shoot anyone. Unless, y'know, they try to shoot him first.))
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-11-06 at 11:16 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

Tabor nods.

"I shall have to look it up. It seems to be a promising prospect. I don't suppose you have a business card on you? Or a name or phone number for me to contact?"

He is giving his undivided attention to Arel at this point. She is her only lead on this, after all.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aurora Fountain]

"Just a name and address, really. Magtok is the name of the owner." She also gives him an address in the Red Zone. "I can't tell you much more. I've only been there once to ask for the job."

24. - Top - End - #504

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Magmart - we had to get there eventually.

"I don't know a lot about angels, but I have heard of that reincarnation sort of thing." As they approach Magmart, he holds open the door for the Deva, trying to live up to the visage of a gentleman he seems to have created. "So, is this your first mortal life or do the memories just not pass on? You did say hygiene stuff was new to you.
    Magmart

Dawn smiles gently and nods to Justin as he holds the door open for her (I think magmart might have one of those automatic doors however but it doesn't matter).

"The memories pass on, but they aren't very clear. I can only recall skills that I have used at some point before, such as words, talking, writing and so on. I think this world is different from the ones I'm usually born in. I can't recall any of the hygienic products which are supposed to be sold here for instance." She replies.

Now they just need to find a magbot...

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    M'usic

Ilpholin takes a while to think of one she'd sing. She actually doesn't know that many songs. That one's too cheesy, that one's a duet, that one's too depressing, and that one she knows but considers folly.

She finally settles for one she used to listen to a lot back when she was pining for KR. And sings.

She's a lot better this time around, due to knowing the song better. Though the sultriness she exudes likely feels a little out of place in this one.
    Darcy doesn't like the song as well as the previous one, but admires the performance. "You're very talented. Why don't you sing more?"

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Cecily's

In Prometheus's current state, "disconcerting" is rather liable to cause an over-reaction. Which it does. As the shop lurches beneath his feet, Prometheus grabs onto the nearest inanimate object for balance, likely leaving an imprint of his claws on some unfortunate hatrack. With his free hand, he draws a .44 magnum from his coat, aiming at Cessie. "What was that!?" Prometheus snarls, convinced this is some insidious plot against him.

((Note: I'm not trying to cause a fight, as I know Mallside is supposed to be a combat free zone. Prometheus certainly won't actually shoot anyone. Unless, y'know, they try to shoot him first.))
    As Cecily sees him drawing his gun, she draws her M1 Rifle. Though Prometheus started first, he actually had to get into his coat, while Cecily's was merely mounted under the counter. So the two guns end up aimed at the same time.

"Put dat tink avay, hyu fool. De schop iz on legs. If hyu hed paeed attention, hyu vould hef known dis."

It might also occur to Prometheus that if he kills the shop owner, the shop itself might object to him leaving alive.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #506

Magmart

(Bleh. If the doors are automatic he'll just stand in the way.)

Magbots? Justin don't need no stinkin' Magbots. Mostly because he's been in Nexus for a few days tops so he has no idea who this Magtok guy is or what the heck a Magbot even is. He starts looking for the hygiene section himself. If it is anything like Target and Walmart there should be signs pointing the way. (Maps, no-go. Signs with pointing arrows, no problem.)

"Hygiene products aren't that hard to understand," he starts to explain along the way, trying to walk and talk, "I may not look it now, but I was raised in a pretty sanitary environment. What exactly are you curious about?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

M'usic

Ilpholin doesn't know many ABBA songs. Of course Darcy doesn't like it as much.

"Oh, you know, just cause..." Ilpholin says with a blush, putting the mic back and stepping off the stage.

I didn't know it was possible to embarrass her. Yeesh. *eye roll*
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #508

Operation HypnoHottie
    Spoiler
    Show
    Operation HypnoHottie

Magtok nods. "Alright, I like that plan, but I just had an idea that would make things a hell of a lot more fun and exciting."

He turns towards...Stu?

"Stu, change of plans, at least as far as you're concerned. I want you to find a mall kop, any of the mall kopz, and start throwing insults his way. Yo Mammas, comments about his body odor, whatever you've got. Get him as angry as you can, and then challenge him to a fight in the parking lot closest to MagMart. Closest to MagMart, because that's the opposite side of the mall we'll be doing the kidnappy stuff, got it? Invite him to bring over as many friends as he wants to watch, so they'll be busy with your big and awesome and violent distraction, while the rest of us handle the sneaking around and talking and target-grabbing and stuff. When everything's done, I'll let you know, and then you can finish off the ork with the best roundhouse turbo-punch you've got."

He smiles towards the rest.

"Everyone else, you know what you're doing, right? Brain guy handles the guiding of the target to Team Grabass, while I keep watch. Meanwhile, you guys go find a courier van. I don't care how you do it, I don't care who gets knocked out when you do it, and I don't care if it somehow turns out to be an ice cream truck underneath six different layers of magical illusions when you do it. Just get it done and be ready to get him when Brainy's in position."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

A robot enters. It's shaped like a human (female), with hair formed from fine gold wire, and 'flesh' of bronze. It's wearing what looks to be a fairly expensive black dress, which is covered in an elaborate crimson design.

For those that can tell, it's steam-powered.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Aurora Fountain]

"Just a name and address, really. Magtok is the name of the owner." She also gives him an address in the Red Zone. "I can't tell you much more. I've only been there once to ask for the job."
    Tabor nods. "Thank you, I will have to check it out. Now, if you will excuse me I must be off. Things to do. I hope to see you around, and I wish you a fine day!"

And with that, he strides off. He examines the shops as he passes them, occasionally stopping in front of one that catches his attention, and continues down the mall.