New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - The adventures of Scribly

"Yes... there... there have been some disturbing rumors that... that..." he pauses, takes a long sip of his wine and continues more composed.

"Well. I had heard rumors that Lady Regira has taken a great interest in the circumstances surrounding the death of our... former... friend..." he says and pauses.

"She had asked many questions, she kept pestering the council etc. I dont know details of why or how she got suspicious but she did... and then all of a sudden she stopped investigating as if she found something. And then the rumor that she is preparing to reveal something that will make the Council tremble surfaced and I admit I am worried! Have you heard anything? Have you noticed anything peculiar? I know you are probably laying low but still..."
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #662
    Troll in the Playground

"Wow, that sounds like bad news. I haven't heard anything about this, or seen her. I'm a pretty hard to track down kinda guy, so I should be ok. And as she is a foreigner, perhaps she has little sway over the council? Especially now you're on it?"
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

3. - Top - End - #663

"It is bad news... I have taken certain measures to ensure silence. The man you impresonated for example was a liability but you need not worry about him... and as of you well I know the Flint has a good service ensuring silence so I am not worried..." he pauses.

"I wanted to warn you though so you are aware of the danger. Regira may not be local but she has people in her pockets and influence... maybe even a Noble in her control so just be on your toes..."

4. - Top - End - #664
    Troll in the Playground

"I'll keep my head low, and my eyes open. Thanks for the heads up."

5. - Top - End - #665

He nods and shakes his head.

"Very well. Thats all I had to say... it pays to ensure co-conspirators are aware of issues my father always said..." and with that you are dismissed unless if you have anything further to discuss with him.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Troll in the Playground

As he leaves the mansion, Scribly realises he still has something to do.

He returns to the sewers and uses his gloves of object reading on one of the personel items there.

7. - Top - End - #667

Spoiler
    Show
    You need to be a bit more specific. Which item in particular. Reason I am asking is cause its very easy to get really wrong info with object reading...

8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If I remember correctly, he found some clothes there. He will use it on the mail clothes.

9. - Top - End - #669

Spoiler
    Show

The room after the iron door is a small 'safehouse'. It has two beds, a small washbashin and an old piece of furniture with many shelves where one can store clothes or food, there is also a large barrell filled with relatively clear water though its almost empty now. All in all its not bigger than 25 by 25.

The place might have been raided, as you assumed, but inside you find no extra clothes, no blood and no personal items and not even any food. The bags that you had seen the woman carry the provisions in though are there.

It seems to you more likely that the owners left after yesterday's attack than they were captured.

There actually arent any clothes or anything like that... the only thing that gives an imprint are the shopping bags.

Those belong to a random individual before the last owner and then the next owner is a female that fits the previously found imprint of the daughter and matches even the age of the girl you saw.

Extensive search ends up with you finding a few left over strands of blonde hair though!

10. - Top - End - #670
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oops... my bad. Now I'll never know if he is really a kobold!!

Scribly picks up the hairs.

Hmmmm, interesting, probably hers, but better have a look. With all those shapeshifters around; Scribly grins.

11. - Top - End - #671

Using the gloves he determines the hair are indeed the girls and they have had no other owner before.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Troll in the Playground

Hmmm, guess this lead is no good.

He heads back up, to the place where he guesses the sewer entrance might be.

13. - Top - End - #673

He has taken a few steps outside and towards the way he came when he feels a sharp stab on his kidney as a dagger plunged deep on his side causing (1d4+2)[3] and (3d6)[15] damage and filling his system with poison and a split second later a net is thrown over him.

Turning his head around he sees 4 kobolds, one of which has just thrown the net, another that is holding a small wand in his hands and two more holding daggers and wearing thin dark cloaks.

Spoiler
    Show

Fortitude save.

Initiative.

If you beat 12 you go first. You are also caught by the below:

Net

A net is used to entangle enemies. When you throw a net, you make a ranged touch attack against your target. A net’s maximum range is 10 feet. If you hit, the target is entangled. An entangled creature takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls and a -4 penalty on Dexterity, can move at only half speed, and cannot charge or run. If you control the trailing rope by succeeding on an opposed Strength check while holding it, the entangled creature can move only within the limits that the rope allows. If the entangled creature attempts to cast a spell, it must make a DC 15 Concentration check or be unable to cast the spell.

An entangled creature can escape with a DC 20 Escape Artist check (a full-round action). The net has 5 hit points and can be burst with a DC 25 Strength check (also a full-round action).

14. - Top - End - #674
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Fort (1d20+4)[12]

Initiative (1d20+2)[12] a tie means the highest mod win right? Or reroll? If reroll, go ahead and roll for me.

Kobold alert!!
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-02-28 at 05:18 PM.

15. - Top - End - #675

Spoiler
    Show

Are you immune to sleep/unconsiousness effects? Assuming not the below post counts.

If not... well... (1d4)[1]

And yea when you have a tie highest modifier goes first, if modifiers are the same dexterity matters more and if that is the same as well then re-roll.

In this case you would have gone first as I am using the lowest initiative when doing group initiative...

Scribly prepares to launch an attack of his own when he feels the spreading poison extend to his arms, legs and brain. He feels a certain drowsyness and inability to control his body and he collapses on the ground.

Spoiler
    Show

Will wait for you to answer above question before posting results. Dont be too worried, it doesnt mean death (probably)... also poison DC was 13...

Also roll me another fortitude save (for secondary effects) if you are not immune to it.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    No immunities.... yet.

New fort (1d20+4)[10]

17. - Top - End - #677

You wake up 5 hours and 1 minute later.

Your hands and feet are tied (left hand to right foot and right hand to left foot) and a pair of manacles has been put over that. Furthermore you feel a strange collar on your neck.

Spoiler
    Show

Does dispel work on your form changing abilities? And I mean both from psionic powers AND from Changeling racial abilities

As you blink you see that you in a large underground room somewhere in the sewers. At the end of one wall and on what looks like a primitive throne sits the largest Kobold you have ever seen in your life. Large as in obese rather than tall. It has thick scales, numerous rings and dressed in fine vestments.

It looks down from his throne towards you and to those assembled as it munches on what seems to be an unidentifiable piece of meat. Looking around you, you see the Kobold Strike Squad that brought you in but also another 8 kobolds all looking to be more seasoned than the average warriors.

At least two of them are obviously casters and you see they are especially on alert.

"Smuo... youmniam the one that hasmnouam bein tresspamniamssing in mymniam domain" he says spraying salive and pieces of meat on the ground.

Spoiler
    Show

Translation without the eating effect:

SO you are the one that has been tresspassing in my domain!

18. - Top - End - #678
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Dispel magic works on powers just as well, with the rules we're using. And my change shape is a SU ability, so should work as well....

"Ahh, this is the worst hangover ever....."

Then Scribly blinks a couple of times, then pinches himself. A mere second later his eyes turn to saucers..

"Not a dream, what happened? Where am I?"

19. - Top - End - #679

One of the kobolds that stabbed you slaps you on the head. The blow is more demeaning than hurtful.

"Show respect before the Big Boss man-thing. He has chosen not to eat you and that is not something many can claim! And be careful! He is dragonwrought!" he hisses at you.

"Haough haough haough" laughs the big kobold on the throne. He finishes the piece of meat he is eating and looks down to you.

"You stand before the great Big Boss, leader of the Kobolds and you should be carefull what you say you... whatever you are! My boys tell me they saw you running around the sewers and someone was in my domain there previous nights as well. No sense of proper manners to come and greet me and ask me my permission! Do you think my sewers are open territory?" he asks his voice reaching a level where his irritation is obvious.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground

"I see, pardon, big boss of kobolds, for not grasping the situation right away. Indeed I have trespassed into your sewers, for I am hunting the man with two swords and his lady thing. By no means did I mean harm to you or your kind."

Scribly also tries to shapeshift his ears, to see how well guarded he is.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-02-29 at 02:06 PM.

21. - Top - End - #681

Spoiler
    Show

A very clingy girlfriend type of question but...

Does Scribly actually mean it? Is he truly sorry he did it and does he really mean no harm to kobolds?

22. - Top - End - #682
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, he didn't go into the sewers looking for kobold trouble. Right now, he's worried about his survival though, and he wouldn't hesitate to take any kobold on, if the odds were good. .... which they aren't. Also, he is really sorry he ended up where he is right now.

23. - Top - End - #683

"You do seem honest but not contrite man-thing..." the huge kobold mutters and takes another bite of the hunk of meat.

"Wwfahat Dhumf makes thou thinfk that I whoulf lmufh letfou you out alflife? Fwhatf mcani tsyou 'mfre me?"

24. - Top - End - #684
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, the thing is, I was hired by two enemies of the two sword man to find him, so they could kill him. Now, I saw the two sword man fight with some of your men. Wouldn't letting me finish my job grant you and easy way to revenge? And since he left the sewers, it's safe to say you won't be bothered by him or me anymore anyway."

25. - Top - End - #685

He spits a small bone which can only be some kind of small finger at the mention of the swordsman.

"Clanky man yes. My boys told me he was quite the menace... Unfortunate that my experts got there after he left. So sure... you can hunt him down and break him for parts! But what does that leave me as profit? Sure we share a common enemy but he left my sewers as you say... if I eat you I gain... well in taste and eventually clanky mans enemies find him and kill him. What concern is it of mine?"

26. - Top - End - #686
    Troll in the Playground

"He gives you a bad name. Thinking he was smart, he made it so he looked like a kobold. Now you've seen how agressive he is. That means he could be fighting and making you knew enemies right now! You have no time to waste concerning his death. I can be a strong asset in this. I've fought him before, and can handle him with a little help. If he dies by your hand, or mine while proclaiming I work for you, you send a clear message to all kobold posers out there. As well as making clear your domain is not to be violated."

27. - Top - End - #687

He considers your words for a moment.

"Very well... but you do that and one more thing for me...!" he says and looks at you.

"My stocks are all but empty with all this foolishness on the above-world. I need you to bring me someone... shouldnt be hard for someone with your abilities... its more of a show of respect and tribute than an actual difficult task but it should suffice!"

28. - Top - End - #688

Spoiler
    Show

Bump bump and away?

29. - Top - End - #689
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yup, sorry, work bogging me down greatly.

"I suppose, for my life, that is a small price to pay. Who is the target?"

30. - Top - End - #690

"Its a gnome by the name of Aruna. She owns a small store selling flowers in Midtown. She is one of the few that have not yet moved their actual home to the gnomish Embassy..." says the Big Boss and pauses.

"You do realise I want her caught and brought to me alive right? Dont just kill her! If the meat has been dead it doesnt cook as well!" it explains sternly.