New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - The adventures of Scribly

You set the items in front of you next to the books you have collected that may be relevant.

The whole thing has taken you a couple of hours but you are confident if there was something to be found... it has been found.

As for the items they all give the following information (lets assume you checked the knives)

The current owner is *insert your details here*

The previous owner : Human, Male, 6 months old, Neutral, obtained through violence.

The previous owner: Human, Male, 27 years old, Neutral Evil, Purchased from creator.

The last owner: Human, Male, 42 years old , Lawful Neutral. Crafted the knives.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #842
    Troll in the Playground

What is up with these month old lab rats. There has to be some kind of maniac behind this.... somehow.

Then Scribly starts reading the books he found.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

3. - Top - End - #843

You learn alot. About creatures with strange anatomies and even stranger body fluids. About plants that have taken human form and about humanoids that took plant form.

About things that got born from such creatures and then mated with "normal" humanoids creating subspecies.

Nothing you find though seems to be as close to humanoids and have this type of blood as what you encountered. You were close to thinking you had an answer but it wasnt consistent with the fact that these creatures seem fully aged yet are only a few months old.

You end up where you started... without any info to go on about what kind of spawns these things are...

4. - Top - End - #844
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, not quite the solution. Perhaps it has something to do with my timecube. Different planes could have such effects. Time to look up Dreifus.

Scribly starts looking for dreifus, the goblin.

5. - Top - End - #845

It does take some more time to locate one student in a university full of them but you eventually find the goblin sitting alone in an empty lecture room eating what looks like an iguana on a stick.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

"Bonapetite, my friend. If I remember correctly, you must be Dreifus, the promising student I saw last week."

"Is that correct?"

7. - Top - End - #847

He gulps down the food he had in his mouth and eyes you suspiciously.

"Er... yes. How can I help you mister?"

8. - Top - End - #848
    Troll in the Playground

"A pleasure to meet you then, my name is Scribly. An entrepeneur of sorts. You seemed well versed in knowledge about planes and the space time continuum. I have come across some odd things, and would like your help."

9. - Top - End - #849

"I... I just like to read stuff..." he says and looks somewhat worried by the attention you are paying on him.

"I can... I can try to help you mr Scribly but not sure I can if others cant! I mean the school is full of worthy professors and geniuses and I am just a goblin!"

10. - Top - End - #850
    Troll in the Playground

"I saw how the other picked on you. I don't like that. As a changeling [turns head into that of a goblin and back], I've never really belonged anywhere or with any whome. As outcasts, we should help eachother out."

11. - Top - End - #851

"No you got it all wrong... they... they are nice guys! They dont mean it! Its just healthy competition between class mates no?" he asks and looks a bit downcast.

"But... sure I would like to have one more friend! It would be nice and I would be glad to help you..."

12. - Top - End - #852
    Troll in the Playground

"Excellent, first of all, I'm going to ask you a riddle. Then I'll show you something that may help you solve it. Here goes:

What has two legs, walks straight, has green blood and is only 6 months old?"

13. - Top - End - #853

Spoiler
    Show

I dont want to make any hints but just to tell you (assuming its the watch that you want to show him) that the green blood people you met when killing Master Erek and Malakai and not while hunting the Two-swords man (which was when you found the watch)

He looks at you curiously and then thinks for a moment.

"Well... most mammals have red blood. That is due to a tiny thingy living in your blood cold hemogoblin which has nothing to do with goblins... there are a series of baser life forms that use something called homocyanin in their blood and such creatures tend to have green, light green or blue green blood..." he says and then pauses.

"Most such creatures though are aberrations that are not natural or baser forms like deep sea fish and crustaceans... I am not sure how a very young humanoid walking on 2 feet could have higher functions and green blood..."

14. - Top - End - #854
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I was referring to the clock. It shows time for different planes, hence I was hoping he could point at possible planes with green bloods and show the differences in time between here and there. If that were the cause of it.

Hemogoblin!

Guess it's the crab people.

"My thoughts exactly, I was thinking along those lines as well. How on Aldhaven, can such creatures walk among us, without us noticing. .......... Guess I let that slip........ you see, they attacked me twice on the streets."

"Now for something else. I have a special artifact, in which you might have an interest. Have a look."

Slowly Scribly reveals the clock.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff (1d20+15)[31]

15. - Top - End - #855

Spoiler
    Show

Thats hemoglobin actually as opposed to hemogoblin which is a vampiric goblin :D

"Really? I havent seen any of them ever when I was out! Its good to know that I should be weary of such things!"

Showing him the watch makes for an awkward scene as his jaw drops open and he stares at it as if mesmerised...

16. - Top - End - #856
    Troll in the Playground

"I know, my friend. Fits in well with your studies, right? What can you tell me about it?"

17. - Top - End - #857

"I need time to study it... on first look it seems to be an astrolabe but it shows other universes and not just this one! Its impressive really if it works indeed and if it isnt just theoretical!"

18. - Top - End - #858
    Troll in the Playground

"Glad to see you are the quick mind, I took you for. Tell you what, you help me answer the green blood question and you can study this thing until you know everything about it. What do you say?"

19. - Top - End - #859

He shrugs.

"Okay... sounds like a good thing! Do you have one of the bodies or sample of the blood?"

20. - Top - End - #860
    Troll in the Playground

"I do."

Scribly hands him the napkin with the green blood as well as the "clock".

"I'm trusting you with my artifact, because we need eachother. Don't try and trick me, for that would be bad for your health. Now, you can spend equal time studying the clock and looking up the blood. I'll be back in a couple of days. I assume you spend all your time here, at the university?"

21. - Top - End - #861

"Well yea... except for the weekends... I go back to my family in the Slums during the weekends to help my mom..." he says as he takes the napkin and watch.

"By the way... once again I need to point out that a full body would be much more useful than just the blood..."

22. - Top - End - #862
    Troll in the Playground

"Hmmm, I might find one for you then. As for the weekends. I'll pick up the artifact on fridays and return it to you on monday. Right, I'll go looking to find a body. Got a good place where you could hide it?"

23. - Top - End - #863

He looks at you curiously.

"I dont need to hide it... we have a morgue here with a few bodies that are kept for the necromantic classes. Undead are forbidden in Aldhaven though so I will have at a most 1 week with the body before its cremated..."

24. - Top - End - #864
    Troll in the Playground

"Excellent, I'll be back in a couple of hours then."

Scribly heads back to the place he killed the knife guy. Hoping to find the body untouched, he scouts the scene, before closing in.

25. - Top - End - #865

Nothing disturbs him on the way there and he finds the location untouched. The body is there though its starting to smell.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Troll in the Playground

He loads it into his bag of holding and hurries back to the university and Dreifus.

"Got it. Where do you want it?"

27. - Top - End - #867

The little goblin takes you to the underground vaults of the University and you feel a cold sensation from down here. The goblin strides confidently ahead while you follow and even turns one to give you a reassuring look.

Eventually you arrive at a long corridor with doors left and right that have inscriptions like "Operating Hall" and a number next to them. There are also small tags indicating if one is used or not.

He chooses the one with the marking IV and writes his name on the tag.

Once inside you are basically in an empty, relatively chilly room with a large steel table in the middle and many drawers. He indicates that you should put the body on the slab and then takes a black wand from one the drawers and waves it around.

Your knowledge of the arcane indicates that he has just cast Gentle Repose on the corpse.

"Well thats all done then. I shall return later to examine him..."

28. - Top - End - #868
    Troll in the Playground

"Excellent, I'll be back."

Scribly leaves Dreifus to his studies.

Next stop is Oldtown. He changes to a new female human form and heads over. Spending the rest of the day hanging around food stalls, hoping to pick up a glance of the two sword couple.

29. - Top - End - #869

Spoiler
    Show

Lets see...

(1d100)[58]

and time

(1d8)[7]

30. - Top - End - #870

You do indeed spend quite some time waking. The movement of the city ebbs and flows. People come and go, buy and sell food, wares and other things. Everyone seems either busy and just trying to get it over with or more jovial and chatting with the vendors.

You have started to lose hope as the sun is going down when you finally see her. The girl, wearing a long coat with a hood is carefully walking around as if looking for particular supplies. You have the feeling that she is very careful and aware of her surroundings.