New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1591
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - The adventures of Scribly

The small explosion shakes the building creating a large hole where the majority of the liquid was and sets fire to the roof as you are still dragging the man

You suffer 4 points of damage as you are in the extended and not close radius and have caught on fire as has the cloaked man.

Spoiler
    Show

By the way, I am not being 'nasty' in this... its just that whoever sent him against you again kinda realised you claimed the body last time and didnt want this to happen again. Still your idea to drag the body and all that means its mostly salvageable.

AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #992
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly rolls over the ground, trying to extinguish the flames.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex (1d20+8)[20]

Afterwards he tries rolling around the greenblooded fellow to extinguish the flames as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure what to roll here.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

3. - Top - End - #993

You extinguish the fire from yourself and from the man afterwards when you roll him on the part of the roof that is not on fire.

The fire on the roof is starting to spread though. Whatever that vial contained doesnt seem to go away or extinguish easily.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly picks up the body and tries to move across a couple of roofs, before heading down into an alley, hiding from onlookers.

5. - Top - End - #995

You manage to reach your destination and despite the size noone notices you.

The late of the hour and the raging fire on the nearby roof helps with this and as you get down safely you recall hearing a rumor about an increase in fires and arsons in the city.

Spoiler
    Show

PC activities set the city on fire all the time :D

6. - Top - End - #996
    Troll in the Playground

Carefully, Scribly cuts off the mans head, before searching him for anything of interest.

What is it with these green blooded men. Better check with Dreifus soon. ... Better clean up first though. This mess is getting bigger and bigger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-04-27 at 07:47 AM.

7. - Top - End - #997

You remove the head, gruesome as that maybe.

Despite your limited knowledge of anatomy you are pretty sure that except for the blood the insides of this man is in all ways similar to a normal person.

On the man this time you find again a dozen daggers, though none are magical this time, his now badly damaged chain shirt and a series of vials including 2 alchemists fire flasks and 2 acid vials (which have broken and caused serious burns on his now dead flessh)

8. - Top - End - #998
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly just takes the vials, looks at the headless corpse and sighs.

Things are going down hill ... fast.

Then he turns and heads back to the inn to clean himself up.

9. - Top - End - #999

As it is written, so it is done.

You get a few strange looks at the Flint given that even with some cleaning your clothes are still obviously dirty but noone stops you.

Spoiler
    Show

You also gain 1250 XP for surviving the ambush

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sweet! Almost lvl 8!

Scribly quickly heads out again, first visiting some shops for a new outfit, spending a whopping 100 gold pieces on new clothes and accesoires.

After that, he once again heads for the university and Dreifus.

11. - Top - End - #1001

You equip yourself with excellent quality clothes that are even double stiched giving you the ability to easily turn them inside out and use them with different colors and designs on them.

You arrive at the university and find Dreifus in the lab you left him in. He seems to be writting in a small ledger and you see the body you gave him heavily operated on, on the slab.

Its a bit eerie seeing the guy you killed a few days ago in his current state and at the same time knowing you killed him again tonight.

Spoiler
    Show

Your new clothes give a +1 on disguise and bluff checks when pretending to be a wealthy commoner/merchant.

Also as a point of interest your character (and hopefully you as well) is aware that generally there is no such thing as resurrection/raise dead etc... there are off course stories about reincarnation and also the only such spell that works is revivify...

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Nice! I'm still searching a bit about how I want him developed. I will probably start working towards getting a place for myself soon. Be it the sewers (going assassin/thief/neutral evil) or a nice place in eg Old town (going political force, lawful evil).

Also, I forgot to search the casters body.... Place is probably crawling because of the fire though.

Scribly greets Dreifus and starts asking.

"So, is it safe to talk?"

[should Dreifus acknowledge this]

"I was attacked again today ..... by this man ..... the SAME man. I killed, if he can be kiled, him again today. So I really hope you can tell me some more."

13. - Top - End - #1003

The goblin nods to your question about safety.

When you mention you killed him again his eyes go wide.

"Er... well..." he pauses and looks at you carefully before continuing.

"Can you tell me what other important item did we discuss apart from the man?" he asks you.

Assuming you answer about the clock-devise he seems much more relaxed.

"Okay just checking... if they are that good and maybe you and be can also not be trusted just by looking at each other!" he explains.

"So I examined the body and this man is 100% as a normal human his age would be. All the organs are there and all the bones are there. On the other hand his... internal... well... stuff seems very new. No internal injuries, no old age marks etc... as if he was born a few weeks ago or something" he pauses.

"At the same time I have researched at the library and find no connection between the blood and his condition and at the same time I am certain its not a clone created by a spell or a shapeshifter... its something else entirely. I need more time to collect information on the subject as its proving to be a tough nut to crack..."

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Troll in the Playground

"I see, would it help you if I brought you extra bodies? Frankly, I feel like their bound to pop up again."

"Also, apart from what they are, if you find any leads on where they come from or any weaknesses. I'd like to know."

15. - Top - End - #1005

"If you can yes! It will help me see if there are any differences between those two..."

"In general I believe by the end of week I can narrow it down to a couple of possibilities and then you can judge for yourself what fits the most... as for weaknesses as I explained so far this person is just like you and me... in the sense of a humanoid creature... it doest seem to be plant based or anything else that would indicate weaknesses. I mean aside from the same weakness that any mortal has towards being stabbed, burned etc..."

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Troll in the Playground

"Good work, Dreifus. Keep it up. Having fun studying my artifact?"

17. - Top - End - #1007

He gives you a guilty look and then nods.

"Er... yes. An amazing piece of equipment!" he mutters.

18. - Top - End - #1008

Spoiler
    Show

Bump! BUmpity bump bump bump!!! Show up damn you!!!!

It keeps giving error messages...

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Troll in the Playground

"I am thinking of selling it in the near future, so please let me know when you're done with it."

"Speaking of future, what are your plans Dreifus? After your studies? Hmmpff I realise I know very little about you actually. Tell me a little about yourself. How does a goblin end up in Aldhaven at the grand university, studying the arcane?"

20. - Top - End - #1010

He looks at you suspiciously without answering the part about the device.

"Er... not sure I can share the details... I have a humble past and humble roots and a community is behind me trying to get their share of glory and hope when I graduate..." he says and nervously touches his arm.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly smiles at him reassuringly.

"Don't worry. As business partners I expect us to have secrets for eachother. It must be nice to have a community behind you though. .... [awkward silence] ..... I can't even imagine what it would be like to have parents..."

"You must miss speaking to your relatives, or don't you? I know I haven't spoken to a changeling in years. Few of us around anyway, and hard to spot in crowd."

Spoiler
    Show
    Are we speaking in common or goblin?

22. - Top - End - #1012

He looks at you guiltily...

"Er... I actually see my family once a week or maybe once every two weeks... they live... er... they live in the slums just over the city walls beyond the Docks..." he explains

"As for changelings... dont really know much about them in the city. I dont think they are incredibly uncommon though... I guess the ability your people have helps them meet other people and thus well... er... procreate... I do find the whole gender changing part creepy... and... well... I want to ask but you will probably hate me if I do... but I assure you its... only... er... from scientific curiosity..."

Spoiler
    Show

If you first spoke to him in goblin when you met you still speak goblin. If you spoke common, then common. You wouldnt be bold enough to switch languages on you.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Troll in the Playground

"Th ... they live in the slums? I had no idea. I try to avoid them with the current troubles. Hope your family is doing well?"

"That makes me realise. Did you live there when the kobolds did? Must be tense times!"

"And about the gender, I am a male. And while are bodies can take any shape. Sexual feelings, in my case, only cover the opposite sex."
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-05-03 at 10:41 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1014

He shrugs.

"The slums are okay nowdays... I mean sure there is kind of the whole grievance with ratlings and skulks but the Extracity-Watch and the Blue Hands kinda handle the peace between them..." he explains.

"As for kobolds... dont really know... as far back as I remember the Kobolds where hanging out in Old Town... slums doesnt have riches or gnomes so they dont go there!"

When you mention your gender preference he nods.

"Well... what I wanted... er... to ask.... is that I heard that if a changeling makes himself a female she can actually have kids... then a day after she gives birth she can turn into a man and make a human woman pregnant! It seems... er... fascinating!"

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Troll in the Playground

".... uhm. ..." Scribly stammers. "Yeah, well, let's not go into that for now. I really have to go... I'll be back!"

Scribly quickly leaves, suddenly feeling very uncomfortable, almost becoming the subject of investigation.

26. - Top - End - #1016

The goblin does not stop you from leaving. Nor does anything else happen as you depart from the University.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure which plotlines are still open. I know about this one though!

Scribly heads out, carefully scouting out dark alleys before passing and glancing at roof tops. No more green surprises will catch him off guard again!

He changes to a goblin and goes to the female gnome's house. Scouting it out once again from outside.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-05-08 at 11:41 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1018

Spoiler
    Show

Er you may be annoyed but which goblin is that? You have too many hooks flying around for me to remember without going through 20 pages of the thread :D

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Fixed it..

30. - Top - End - #1020

Spoiler
    Show

Aha! Okay that makes much more sense!

Also... do you change into a goblin or a gnome before going to the gnomes house?

Noone ambusses you this time. Navigating the rooms is hard but easier than you would expect due to the chaotic nature of Aldhaven.

Things seem quiet. The store is closed and noone is inside. From the house windows though you see signs of light in more than one room.