New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadowmind View Post
    Is the 2.2.11 Build-craft not compatible with the other mods?
    This is the topic i'm going by when it comes to BC/IC2. Looks like they updated the port after i posted that stuff, so i guess tomorrow i'll give that another shot and see if anything breaks from there. (This is the unfortunate part of BC/IC2. Neither are native bukkit mods, so we're always behind on ports. Makes me kinda wonder if there are pipe/quarry alternatives there, since that is what we mostly use of it.)

Related: Yeah, the map is pretty damn worn by now, but i guess if this works we can keep it and continue on it. I have already done some major cropping, so it's cut down to size again, but we might need to apply another round of edge smoothing, due to changed biome generation code. Not sure how severe things are yet.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Can we access the End on this map? How about the new mushroom biome? The new Nether strongholds?
    yes, you can acess the end on any map, same with mushroom biomes, and as the nether is infinite you can find the nether strongholds as well

edit; ah, good to know that cuting & pasting parts of the server wouldn't be too difficult. the main thing I had been worried about was losing the ore and metals I had gathered(including several stacks of iron and gold, along with a few industrial diamonds and about 400-500 coal)
    Heck I would be fine even with my houses being removed as long as I could still have my chests of supplies moved over to the new map
    Last edited by Togath; 2011-12-31 at 02:05 AM. Reason: fixed a typo
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

3. - Top - End - #513
    Barbarian in the Playground

As much as I hate to say it, I agree with Iskandar, I mean, fortresses can be rebuilt, and dome and any other "legacy" projects could probably be ported over, but honestly? I mean, I've never really gone back to a projet once I've moved on, and while it would be a pain to rebuild project Fortress from the ground up, I'm sure it could be done. Besides, I've learned plently from building it, and there are several things I would like to change, and this is chance to do just that.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground

Also something I just remembered to ask; is the server running well enough for me to go and gather up my supplies into chests(and place those chests in a compact spot, to be ported over to the new map once we get one?
    edit; also once the server is running fine again will I need to update industiralcraft?(you download a mod by saving the file, then pasting it into your mods folder, and it also need mod loader as well[downloaded by saving then copying and pasting the folder in your bin folder, correct?], correct?)
    Last edited by Togath; 2011-12-31 at 02:37 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground

Mhm, Zain pretty much got a point there. I have yet to return to a project once i'm done building it. And we have quite a few unfinished things on the server as well. (Like the dragon or the Labyrinth or the former Far Home site.) And starting with a new map, porting structures over as required would leave a lot less oddities in the landscape.

(Togath, we could definitely fly a settler ship over into the new world, loaded up with all necessary materials for an easy start. Kinda coming around to that, actually, the more i think about it. Porting structures is easier than adjusting large swathes of landscape.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

should we revert the server back to 1.8 while we get stuff stored away for transport?, While I did update to 1.0, I can downgrade back to 1.8.1 fairly easy, and as it sounds like the server is pretty buggy in it's current 1.0 form, it may be easier to transport items using the 1.8 backup of the server.

edit; ah, you meant things such as a chest of iron, a chest of stone, a chest of wood, et cetera, correct?, in order to help the server in general start back up(another useful thing could be something such as 64 constructions foam pellets and a few sprayers, in order to get a shelter set up around the new spawn while we[the server in general] set up standard shelters and buildings)

also sorry about the large number of edits to this post
    Last edited by Togath; 2011-12-31 at 03:50 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm. Perhaps this might be salvageable, were we to port a few structures to the new world with us, as well as 'colony ships'.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I say bring a few things along, plus an arseload of resources. A lot of work has gone into the server, but it IS a bit of a mess...
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Yeah, I say bring a few things along, plus an arseload of resources. A lot of work has gone into the server, but it IS a bit of a mess...
    Well, the Dome comes to mind first and foremost, although moving something of that size and shape with any sort of precision might be tricky. I think that each player should get the option of choosing one project to bring with them, within reason.

The only problem I can see is that some structures are built into the landscape (i.e Frozen Towers, or my Estate) and thus the immediate areas around them would have to be ported over too.

I agree with the resource thing for sure. And it would be fun to build a new spawn, I'll admit.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-12-31 at 12:19 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

10. - Top - End - #520

I would port over the Fortress, provided I could find a nice ocean to port it into.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ok, since we seem to be somewhat in agreement, and since this is, more or less, my server I am going to go ahead and make a ruling.

Everyone is to choose one structure to be moved over, and then we will be starting over.

Domo, luckily for us 1.0 includes huge oceans. It should be a matter of drag
    and drop those structures as islands, and then the owners of those structures can then work it out from there, I think. Try the seed: -8699521000774744713
    although that might be more ocean than we particularly want....

Edit: This should be obvious, but in case it isn't, my structure will be the Dome. Duh.
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-12-31 at 02:18 PM.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

I would like to port over my Estate. That includes outbuildings, such as the watchtower, and my industrial centre, and rail station (without the rail lines themselves, obviously). I'm looking for slightly smaller dimensions than the crop for 1.8, but only slightly. It's already an island, so to speak (more of a little archipelago) so you can just crop the whole thing over, if you like.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, so a new world it is. Iska, i can't use specific seeds on server generation. That is SSP only. I can however generate some worlds and see what comes up.

So taking things along...

Iskandar - The Dome
    3SecondCultist - The Estate
    Domochevsky - Nothing
    Destro - Frozen Islands
    Zain - Fortress
    Detrepid - reinforced glass globe
    Shadowmind - Eastern House
    mario65889 - House
    Detrepid - Log Cabin
    DreamingMage - Western Settlement (limited)

Everyone else, tell me what you want to take along. The warp gate is hot. (Well, the porting won't happen immediately obviously.)

Related: Which ship do we want to use as Colony Ship? We have a couple options (at both floating cities) with varying reachability or we can build one designated for it.

Edit: Ok, i think i found a pretty good world to colonize. Even has a village nearby.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-01-06 at 05:14 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

That's a good question. Frozen Islands would be my first choice, but I put a lot of work into the Library, too...

Ah well. Let's just go with Frozen Islands.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #525

As mentioned above, I'd like to keep the Fortress.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ettin in the Playground

for my structure could I have the shell of my quarry in the desert south of the western settlement?, While we wont have buildcraft(as it's buggy currently) I do sort of like the weird little building(the building can be reached by taking the third(I think) teleporter behind mario's house's teleporter(it's labled arcanamage's quarry if I remember correctly)
    Meow(Steam page)

17. - Top - End - #527
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Can you port things from the Nether to our new Nether, because my reinforced glass globe would be my choice. I haven't talked to Detrepid in a couple days, but I'm guessing he would want the cabin with the nuke reactor in the basement ported over, since that's been his big project up to this point.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    As mentioned above, I'd like to keep the Fortress.
    Wait, so you're porting over a ridiculously laggy, CPU intensive project, akin to Sub-Project POWAH? I'm sure the rest of the world will appreciate that.

(I am assuming, of course, that you are referring to the Solar powered mass fab Fortress.)
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-01-01 at 12:10 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

19. - Top - End - #529

It's also quite probably the prettiest thing I've built on the sever, and with the fix of CPU useage in the updated industrial craft, I'm sure it will work fine.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    It's also quite probably the prettiest thing I've built on the sever, and with the fix of CPU useage in the updated industrial craft, I'm sure it will work fine.
    What fix?
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

My structure will be the Eastern house, near Domo's Eastern Reach.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #532

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    What fix?
    The update of industrial-craft promised to lower the solar panels CPU usage, and according to the patch notes, did so.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

Okay then. Well, I suppose I will let that particular double standard slide.

Regardless, I found a cool link to another server. You guys should really check this out. This is truly breathtaking, and inspiring work. And it made me realize something: With this new world, we have a chance to make something better than what we once had. A (relatively) fresh start, so to speak. Let us not squander it by making piles of gibberish nonsense structures all over the place.

(And yes, I am aware that there are almost definitely server commands at work here.)
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ettin in the Playground

Speaking of fresh starts... the warp to the new world will occur on the weekend (the 7th, probably). That should give everyone enough time.

Make sure you have declared your structures to be gated over by then and unloaded your worldly possessions (Your profiles won't move over) into them or into the Spelljammer. (The interdimensional ship that will transport our starting ressources and us into the new world. It's currently docked on the Floating City, up at Pier II.)

(Gating the actual structures into the new world will take a bit of time though. Finding good spots, getting the right coordinates, not running into any interdimensional interference...)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #535

Right, I am packed up and ready to go. My "plan" is to head into that ocean on the map, then mark out a claim near some Islands. Also, I plan on expanding into the neither, for the purpose of farming Neither warts.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

*pulls self up through water, reaches suface* GAAAAHHHHHH!!!
    Sorry, I've been without internet for a while, and yeah. Anyways, I'm sort of caught on what to bring. I think my original base would be my choice, but I have lots of important stuff to bring with me that is currently housed in other places. I will need time to move these things around. I won't have the kind of internet access I need to play MC until... the 10th, I think? Could we delay the move for a bit?
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ettin in the Playground

Hum... can you tell Cultist and/or others what you need moved so they can shuffle things around?

(Also, what building is your "original base"?)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-01-02 at 06:07 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

The original base would be the one labeled something along the lines of "House / Doom Fort".

3SC, would you terribly mind disassembling sub-project POWAH for me and storing the bits in... wait, first go get the stack or so of chests from the far-left chest in my Settlement house, then put all of those in the wooden expansion off of my doom fort, then put all of sub-project powah in it. Also, the generators in the Settlement, the nearby quarries, the chrono-trigger components at the spire near the settlement, and everything else from my chests in the settlement should be packed up in a similar manner. Oh, and all the electronics I invested in fixing the spider spawner. And all the lava from the Floating Gardens (You can put it in tanks). And the rest of the power infrastructure at the Settlement. And all the rail tracks on the parts of the railway near my house.
    Damn.

On the other hand, just give me a bit more time and I'll move it all.
    So, are we currently still running 1.8 or what?
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-01-02 at 06:17 PM.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

1.0 now, I think. I too need some time to pack up all my materials and get them carted off to Frozen Islands.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

I can't get online. Something was wrong with my copy of Minecraft (I suspect because I tried to swap mods and such when I had no internet, so my game crashed for a while) so I trashed it. Now, I have a vanilla copy of the game, with no idea how to effectively work my way through installing the various mods on a mac (it is quite frustrating).

So, effectively, I am cut off from the game until you help me out here.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-01-02 at 08:03 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.