New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

I would just like my house and everything in it/under it.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

I guess you don't need to save my workshop or castle, since I am unlikely to attempt to install a bunch of mods I have no interest in using (given the difficulties).

Best of luck to you all!
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also, With the new world, I'm going to be converting the fortress to nuclear power. The CPU intensive Solar flowers have been dismantled, and with the move to the new world, The reactors will be set up.

Given this, I would like to request that the blast damage of a overloaded reactor to be reduced, to a level similar to TNT, if possible.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ettin in the Playground

edited due to the post I was replying to being deleted;
    I can't get on the server currently, as each time I try to log in I get the following error; Java.Lang.NullPointerException., Does anyone know what is causing this error(or is it simply due to having not updated IC yet?)

In addidtion, I am unsure about how to update IC to 1.0, as I was only able to figure out how to install the 1.8.1 version due to the server's loader thingy.

should I be unable to log on before we finish moving the server I would like my double chest of gold moved(it's in my mine, below the little hut on the river north of the western settlement, west of a bridge, with a little walkway of scaffolding and planks leading to it's door, with a construction foam platform floating above it, and an oak tree on it's roof) along with the construction foam building you teleport too using the teleporter labled "arcanamage's quarry"
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-01-03 at 03:00 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, i compiled all the mods into one zip for easy usage. Here you go.
    (Contents: Modloader, ModloaderMP, Forge, ScrollableControls, Rei's Minimap, BC 2.2.11, ICē 1.43)

Use this with a fresh .jar ("Force Update" on the launcher) and it should work. If you want to make really sure that it will work delete beforhand the "buildcraft" and "config" folders in your .minecraft folder.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-01-03 at 08:01 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm having trouble figuring out where to put the mods, do I need to unzip them before I place the ones in the mod folder into minecraft's mod folder?, And what do i need to do with the one that says that you need to put it in the mine.jar file(I cant figure out any way to do so, unless 7zip simply doesn't have that ability)

edit; looking closer I have no idea what soever what to do with the thingy, do you know if there are any tutorials explaining how to install mods?
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-01-03 at 11:12 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

7. - Top - End - #547
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hope I'm not to late to claim my structure to move, but as Sagitus suggested I'd like to keep the cabin with its attached power generation and basement with nuke reactors.

Thanks, all the cutting and cropping is a fair amount of work I'm sure I appreciate it.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ettin in the Playground

is the server still down?, Is that is causing the "Internal Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" error when I click join server?,
    Or have I still not figured out how to install the mods?
    Meow(Steam page)

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    is the server still down?, Is that is causing the "Internal Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" error when I click join server?,
    Or have I still not figured out how to install the mods?
    This, basically.

0. Make sure you have a fresh minecraft.jar

1. Get the .zip i provided

2. Extract it into your \.minecraft folder

3. Go one deeper into the \bin folder
    3a. Open Put_This_Into_Minecraft_Jar.zip
    3b. Rename minecraft.jar into minecraft.zip, then open it

4. Drag contents of Put_This_Into_Minecraft_Jar.zip into minecraft.zip

5. Rename minecraft.zip back into minecraft.jar

Done. (Oh, and of course make sure you dont have older versions of BC/ICē in your mods folder.)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-01-03 at 11:38 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ettin in the Playground

what does "drag the contents" mean?, I had thought it meant left click then move file to new spot thingy but it cant do that for some reason, also renaming minecraft.jar to minecraft.zip causes 7zip to crash, any ideas on how to get aroudn that?

when i add the zip file for the forge thingy, or whatever it's called to a zipped version of the minecraft.jar I get stuck at the screen saying "done loading"(which shows that message along with a progress bar at about 80%) when i start minecraft
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-01-03 at 12:23 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ettin in the Playground

...ok. Try this pack instead. It's one step further into the process. Just extract it into your \.minecraft folder.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ettin in the Playground

ty for helping me with this, with this most recent version I've finally gotten it working.
    Meow(Steam page)

13. - Top - End - #553
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ok, and here we go with another episode in my RPG LP. Return of reficules, or the one where I die. A lot.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

14. - Top - End - #554
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mario65889 View Post
    I would just like my house and everything in it/under it.
    I forgot about my wind and solar farm. those too.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mario65889 View Post
    I forgot about my wind and solar farm. those too.
    Are those adjacent to your house?
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Ok, and here we go with another episode in my RPG LP. Return of reficules, or the one where I die. A lot.
    I agree with some others on the server: you should do a final LP tour of the old world before we warp into the new one. It can be a tribute of sorts!
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

Y'know, I think I found a solution to my problem. I would nominate the Western Settlement (note that the underground quarries in it extend almost all the way to the spire to the north, so may as well include that) as my 'thing to move' instead of my Doom Fort on the condition that a copy of the level files be made available to us. That is, if I have a save file with all my old stuff somewhere, I would be much more willing to give up most of it.

3SC, perhaps we should still dismantle sub-Project POWAH and store the bits in the western settlement so that we can rebuild something similar when we begin the new map. No?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

@Xenowrath. Here is the plan.

A) The piping systems, not to mention the quarry machines themselves, are all gone (Buildcraft is not present on the server) so there is no point in porting them over.
    B) The Western Settlement as a whole is probably much bigger than Domo's acceptable dimensions for the port.
    C) Domo is simply going to recompense me for the solar panels used, as well as the cables/MFSUs/Mass Fabs/Batboxes. They will arrive in my Estate, along with the Legitimacy reserves we currently have.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-01-03 at 05:38 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Btw, for the SMP pilgrimage don't forget to move your personal belongings to the dome or onto the Spelljammer, including what you're carrying on your body.

(And yes, what Cultist said.)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-01-03 at 08:41 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Btw, for the SMP pilgrimage don't forget to move your personal belongings to the dome or onto the Spelljammer, including what you're carrying on your body.
    That reminds me... how are we going to port the dome? Are you just going to rip out the whole mountain?
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    That reminds me... how are we going to port the dome? Are you just going to rip out the whole mountain?
    Probably the only way to go about that, seeing how the dome itself goes all the way down to bedrock. Iska will have a hell of a time finding the right spot for the dome to be gated to.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ettin in the Playground

ah, so I can have some of my items available upon starting if i move some to the spelljammer or dome?
    Meow(Steam page)

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

Having some computer troubles right now. MY PC's network adaptor is having issues, so I won't be able to get on the server to move my stuff just yet. If we go to the new server before I have the chance, can I just have it refunded by an admin, or something?
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ettin in the Playground

Also; something I just realised; I dont actually know where the spelljammer is, is it near spawn?
    edit; also, does anyone have any idea why I keep getting attacked by slimes while in the hall of transport?, I'm getting a bunch of slimeballs, but it is odd to see them spawning so often.

edit; will I need to move my chests from my hut(the thing I wanted transferred) to the dome or the spelljammer, or will just leaving the items I wont need right as we restart on the map there be ok, to be retreived when my hut gets transferred?
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-01-04 at 03:33 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    If we go to the new server before I have the chance, can I just have it refunded by an admin, or something?
    Yeah, shouldn't be a problem. Do you want any structure in specific moved anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Also; something I just realised; I dont actually know where the spelljammer is, is it near spawn?
    edit; also, does anyone have any idea why I keep getting attacked by slimes while in the hall of transport?, I'm getting a bunch of slimeballs, but it is odd to see them spawning so often.

edit; will I need to move my chests from my hut(the thing I wanted transferred) to the dome or the spelljammer, or will just leaving the items I wont need right as we restart on the map there be ok, to be retreived when my hut gets transferred?
    1. The Spelljammer is docked on Pier II at the floating city currently. The teleporter is in the hall of transport, first corner on the left. (The slimes are because the hall is sitting that low. We'll make a better one in the new world.)

2. You only need to move the stuff you want immediately available upon arrival. The rest of your stuff will gate in together with your structure once a good spot has been found.

(2b. The Dome is Iskandar's structure and will be moved in the same way your hut will be moved. Nothing in there will be available on arrival.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

Frozen Islands was my structure of choice. I'd like to take the library too, but we only get one.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

Alright. I have recovered the majority of the rail materials on the server, as well as built up a very large amount of building materials. Therefore, I would like to offer my services to build the new spawntown rail hub/hall of transport. I have already built a prototype design (not quite finished yet, but it's getting there). I will link pictures after I get computer internet access (posting from my phone currently).
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Yeah, shouldn't be a problem. Do you want any structure in specific moved anyway?

1. The Spelljammer is docked on Pier II at the floating city currently. The teleporter is in the hall of transport, first corner on the left. (The slimes are because the hall is sitting that low. We'll make a better one in the new world.)

2. You only need to move the stuff you want immediately available upon arrival. The rest of your stuff will gate in together with your structure once a good spot has been found.

(2b. The Dome is Iskandar's structure and will be moved in the same way your hut will be moved. Nothing in there will be available on arrival.)
    ok, I'll probably move a few tools and some supplies such as seeds, saplings and some iron to the spelljammer for use while starting up on the new map, and leave things such as my gold and some of my coal at my floating huts chests

edit; also for the location of my hut once we get a new map, could it be floating on 3 block deep or deeper water?, perferably in a swamp if you can find a spot with deep enough water in one.

edit 2; ok, I've put the items I want right when we start on the new map into a chest on the spelljammer(it's on the fence right in front of the entrance ladder, as I couldn't find any other spots with enough room for a chest)

edit #3; how soon is the server going to move over to the new map, and how many pieces of the western settlement are planned to be moved to the new map(other than my hut there)?, If no other parts are going to be moved, should I dismantle some of the machinery there(such as the solar flower in the river, by the bridge, or the row of macerators at what used to be an ore processing plant) and place it into a misc machines chest on the spelljammer?, With the 1.0 version of IC wrenchs now only have a chance of reducing a machine 1 step at worst, instead of turning them all the way back into machine blocks when they fail to dismantle things perfectly, so dismantling the macerators and solar panels would likely still give us at least generators and some machine blocks(as the macerators are only one step above one) even if it failed to fully dismantle all of them(which would be very unlikely, as the failure chances seems to have been decreased)

edit #4(sorry about having created a wall of text with the edits): Just now found the ladders to the lower area, and also only now noticed the public supplies chests, I'll probably skip bringing saplings, wheat seeds, logs and cobble for now as we will have public chests containing them.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-01-05 at 01:15 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

In other news, episode 12 of my LP is up.

Comments are appreciated: http://youtu.be/nUv1ey8SPNw

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

30. - Top - End - #570
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Destro, there are going to be more plot points, right? I mean, your viewpoint character has been hinting at a magic-induced catastrophe for a while now, and there's really no way to stop it, given the tools available to him. However, it feels as though your character's just taking his time like he was in a video game, and if you're not oohing and aahing over the machinery he's constructed, it drags a bit. If it were me, I'd either have him find a way to reverse the magically-induced damage or get on with the catastrophe. Just so you know, this feeling has been growing on me since the unicorn vanished without explanation.

I mean, he promised to fix the moon, and yet nothing has been done in that regard.