New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

There are, yes. This episode was sort of a breather before the next big plot episode, largely because I was having computer problems at the time I was filming it, and just wanted to get something done. I may have issues with pacing. Will try to improve on that.

But yeah. Next episode is planned to be somewhat plot heavy.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    There are, yes. This episode was sort of a breather before the next big plot episode, largely because I was having computer problems at the time I was filming it, and just wanted to get something done. I may have issues with pacing. Will try to improve on that.

But yeah. Next episode is planned to be somewhat plot heavy.
    Oh goody! Those are always fun. Not least because I get to speculate shamelessly and baselessly on the magic physics you use without contributing anything else of value to the thread!

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

@3SC & Domo: Ok, so my quarries are gone. I still have most of my valuables either on me or in my settlement chests, and I have no way to recover them in time. For my settlement stuff (the contents of the chests and the nuclear reactor, as well as the stuff in the quarry chests), could someone move them as per my previous instructions (that is, put them in the wooden expansion to my Doom Fort in the chests I left in the far left chest in the settlement)? Or, as I noted earlier, I would be perfectly happy to just take the settlement along (it's smaller than the dome) if we can have a copy of the old world once we've moved on. I like my old projects, and visit them regularly. I would like to keep at least copies personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

I would, but I'm going to have little internet access myself, and the majority of my time on the server is being spent securing my future as railroad baron.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, looks like my choice is going to have to be the Settlement (including the quarry sites, as if I remember they each have several chests of diamonds in them). Like I said, even including the Spire, it's not bigger than the dome (I think. I mean, the spire renders from the settlement, which is more than can be said of the other side of the dome...) The only remaining problem for me is the stuff I'm wearing. I don't suppose my profile could simply be copied over? I don't want to loose full quantum, electric jetpack, mining laser and drill, and full diamond tools, not to mention whatever else I have on me.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Problem with copying the Profile over is that you'll end up at the exact same quardonates as you are in the current world, and given that the world has not generated yet, could very much in the middle of a mountain, or a lava lake, or any other natural hazard.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

DM, the settlement would be a pain to transport, since it (as opposed to the dome) is not a rectangular structure, which is what i need due to that being how MCEdit works. (Selecting rectangles.) The settlement is pretty sprawled out, biting a ugly piece out of the new terrain.

Speaking of stuff in chests... i can collect the stuff for you and move them to your structure of choice. That isn't much of a problem and what you personally carry with you can be replaced later on. (Just keep a list of what you carry and i can refund you together with the buyback materials for the solar panels. Zain's right here. You could materialize inside a mountain!)

Oh, and yeah, i can make the old map available once we move. No problem there.

One day to go! o/

Edit: Oh yeah, everyone, don't forget to take your machinery (Like batboxes) with you as well if you can, from structures that aren't getting gated.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-01-06 at 05:04 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so I am ready with all of my things for the exodus to the new server. My personal chest on the Spelljammer is full, and my Estate reserves are packed to the brim with materials. Now Domo, here is a list of the materials DM and I would like refunded from Sub-Project POWAH:

Solar Panels x 1365 (21 stacks)
    Glass Fibre Cable x 1557 (24 stacks)
    Batbox x 112
    MFE x 16
    MFSU x 4
    Mass Fabricator x 2
    Coal x 768 (12 stacks)
    Recycler x4

I have done nothing to the Western Settlement yet. I will wait until DM decides what he wants to do with it.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-01-06 at 01:39 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I've packed up my stuff. Put a few things on the Spelljammer.

The stone pickaxe, bed, steaks, and crafting bench in one of the chests are mine. Ready to go.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

10. - Top - End - #580

Right, reactor Materials stored apon the spelljamer, as well as 5 macerators, 5 electric furnces, 4 compressors, 4 extractors, and 2 reclycers for the spawn town on demand power station and workstation. As for my personal stuff, Quantium suit legs and boots, then Nano-suit chestpeice and helm, and 4(?) stacks of dirt, 2 signs, and two stacks of porkchops.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Are those adjacent to your house?
    Yes they are.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, I think I can get on for a bit. I'll try to move all my stuff into the chests in my settlement house. Can I designate my settlement house, the dump next to it, and the reactor building across from it as my thing? Just a small area.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for the double post. I got most of what I care about into the chest dump next to my settlement house. I didn't have time to get anything to the spelljammer, though, so Ill have to find somewhere to put the settlement fairly soon when we arrive. So yeah, I'll use the section of the settlement consisting of my house, the dump next to it, and the reactor complex/workshop next to it as my thing to move.
    Good to hear about the map being available, too.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Just wondering, will the underground stuff be included?(my chest room)
    Or does it only cover the top layers :/

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mario65889 View Post
    Just wondering, will the underground stuff be included?(my chest room)
    Or does it only cover the top layers :/
    That kinda depends on how easy it is to see for me. Should be in there though.

The engines are heating up! (Once i'm done with breakfast we're gonna fly.)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-01-07 at 08:13 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ettin in the Playground

Captain's Log, Domochevsky writing.

1201071305:
    The spelljammer successfully entered subspace. It took us a bit of effort to get all the passengers and their possessions onboard. Apparently some of them don't quite get what "only the necessities" means. Jeesh, it's like they won't be able to survive until their actual homes gate in.

Speaking of which, i heard from one of the engineers that they will be making use of some new experimental technology to generate the power needed to gate entire landscapes over to our designation. I'm kinda curious how that will work.

1201071448:
    We are still in midflight and everything is quiet. The passengers are playing cards inbetween the chests full of gear and raw materials. The mood is pretty high. Everyone seems to be excited to see where we will land. Some of them lack patience though. Specifically this one guy keeps asking me if "we're there yet".

I had the opportunity to get a guesstimation of our destination from one of the engineers, and it looks like we will arrive on a nice little beach site with above average temperatures. That sounds like a great spot for a vacation.

1201071456:
    We got hit by something! The Spelljammer is shaking and apparently we lost at least one of the stabilisators. The passengers are asking questions, but i told them that this is normal inflight events and that things can get shakey. I don't think they actually know what happened, so there's no point in worrying them about things they can't affect.

According to the chief engineer we won't be able to make it to our destination like this, so i ordered gating in at the nearest possible space. Right now we just need to get out of this... situation.

1201071500:
    Another hit, just as we're about to exit subspace! This is gonna get rough...!
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #587

Right, well now that we have arrived at the new world, I've been clearing off the Cape for settling.

EDIT TO ADD

The spawn Town Reactor and workshop has been set up. Using what I'm calling a Rainwater on-demand Reactor System. There are 5 macerators, 5 Electric furnaces, two compressors, two extractors, and a recyclers available to the public, free of charge.
    Last edited by Zain; 2012-01-07 at 12:46 PM.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm seeing the Electric furnace interface for iron furnaces and visa versa
    Anyone else getting this problem?
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #589

Yeah, I believe you have to change the block ID, switching the two.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ettin in the Playground

Right, in your IC2.cfg you have to switch the block IDs of those two. 33 and 34.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    Right, well now that we have arrived at the new world, I've been clearing off the Cape for settling.

EDIT TO ADD

The spawn Town Reactor and workshop has been set up. Using what I'm calling a Rainwater on-demand Reactor System. There are 5 macerators, 5 Electric furnaces, two compressors, two extractors, and a recyclers available to the public, free of charge.
    Wait, what? I hope that you didn't just go off in a random direction. I have already cleared a space for spawn! Didn't Domo tell you to go south?!?!
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

22. - Top - End - #592

Yes, then after walking for 5 minutes, I decided that it was to far from spawn for my liking, and started clearing off the cape to the north of the ship.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sure it'll be fine. It's probably better to have the reactor a ways from spawn-town proper anyways.
    Edit: also, the server appears to be down. Anyone else getting that?
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-01-07 at 03:25 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Server is fine for me.

Edit:
    Now its down.

Edit: wth is a spelljammer?
    Last edited by mario65889; 2012-01-07 at 05:58 PM.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ettin in the Playground

Found out something interesting today after my main computer overheated and destroyed it's power core/engine thingy(what ever the thing is that allows it to receive electricity); the video card on it was mostly broken(as in the fan had even fallen off), so now tha I've tried it on my laptop(which i picked for good ram) i'm receiving about double my old frame rate, while using slightly higher graphics settings then I was on my main computer.

Also; I'll probably pick up my stuff from the spelljammer later today and start on making a small base of some kind near the new map's spawn.
    Are we near any swamps or tundras?

edit; darn, server appears to be down again
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-01-07 at 05:37 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

Server's back up again. Zain's and Mario's structures have been gated in with only minor anomalies. Still within the expected frame.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #597
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

tiny problem. My chest room+machine room isnt there

28. - Top - End - #598
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfPirate

BlackPants Industries has set up shop in the North.
    Please look out for the beacons, as beyond them is private property.
    Last edited by SilverSheriff; 2012-01-08 at 01:13 AM.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mario65889 View Post
    Edit: wth is a spelljammer?
    Quote Originally Posted by TV Tropes
    Flying ships, called spelljammers (not to be confused with the Spelljammer, a legendary ship miles in length) traverse wildspace, the void within each sphere, traveling from world to world (which always seem to support life no matter their distance from the sun).
    Basically that. This link leads to the D&D module where the term arose.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ettin in the Playground

Found a good swamp to gate my hut into, it's to the south-west of spawn and seems to have fairly deep water
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]