New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

There is a teleporter to 'zeno's forest' in the TP hub which leads to the location I'm thinking of. I only need my house, the chest area next to it, and the facility across from it from the settlement (Should only be about 15x20 blocks, really.) If you can, try not to smooth the edges. It's probably fairly delicate, so I can do that myself if needed.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-01-12 at 07:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

I will mark a spot for the nether globe (good thing quantum armor lets me swim in lava). The nether portal hangs over a large lava pool, so it will be near there.

Ok, spot is marked with pillar.
    Last edited by Sagitus; 2012-01-12 at 07:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Domo. There seems to be very little ore.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

I hate to beat a dead horse here Domo (especially considering the other requests), but would it be too much trouble to generate a map of the new world? I would very much love to get a feel for the geography, and I'm sure everyone else would as well.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

To make our complaints regarding ore clear:
    Iron is perfect, populous only in the mountains, and then as much as needed.
    Gold is found very sparsely in deserts. Deserts have NO other minerals.
    All other biomes have no minerals whatsoever.
    Some areas (Seemingly at random) seem not to have been affected by Mineral Veins at all, showing perfectly normal distribution.

Methinks something is wrong.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, so i did a few things now.

1. Ore veines are being reconfigured and reapplied as i post this. Lesse how that goes.

2. Here's a new map. A night shot, even.

3. Xeno, i can't quite find the place you want your housings to be gated into. Can you point it out for me on the map?
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh, it looks like I'm to the North, not the west. I'm using the minimap directions, I guess. Anyways, if you look North of spawn, (or south of my fort at Battleship Island,) there is a small area of pine forest just north of a normal forest and south of a large body of water. Near the water is a teleporter pad. Putting the house near the teleporter would be good.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, I've hit a bit of an odd snag with the next couple of Minecraft LP videos. Hey, Iskandar, how do you do that thing where you speed the video clip up? Do you just shorten it with moviemaker, or what?
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm. I've gotta admit Domo, that texture pack is really throwing me off. But no matter, I can see where the rails are headed now. This is good, this is really good. I anticipate to send the next progress report later today.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

List of things Domo owes each of Culist and I:

846 GFC

2 MFSU
    • 24 circuits
    • 72 lapis
    • 20 diamond
    • 150 redstone
    • 2 advanced circuits
    • 4 advanced alloy plates
    • 4 carbon plates
    • 32 refined iron
    • 8 copper wire (Ins)

16 batboxes
    • 48 batteries
    • 16 copper wire (Ins)
    • 80 wood planks

4 MFE
    • 32 refined iron
    • 16 diamonds
    • 128 redstone
    • 16 copper wire (Ins)

846 Panels
    • 846 furnaces
    • 6768 refined iron
    • 846 batteries
    • 2538 coal dust
    • 2538 glass
    • 1692 circuits
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Ok, so i did a few things now.

1. Ore veines are being reconfigured and reapplied as i post this. Lesse how that goes.

2. Here's a new map. A night shot, even.

3. Xeno, i can't quite find the place you want your housings to be gated into. Can you point it out for me on the map?
    ah so the weird ore was a bug, will the veins being reconfigured affect already explored areas, or only newly generated chunks?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

Ministry of Transportation Progress Report II:
    Vendin, 20th of Roil, 2296

Dear Minister,

I am glad to report first and foremost that the supplies that you sent are even now being put to good use in constructing the rail lines. The Hapsburg Line, as of yet without any branches, is nearly complete, running all the way from the crash site to the Ministry. The Carolingian Line has also made decent headway, with five new towers being built in record time. Unfortunately, the Romanov Line is proving to be a dilemma, as it bears right into the southern hills. A large amount of terraforming will have to be done in order to ready the terrain for our coming. Some of the new electric tools are being tested, but some of the workers do not know how to properly equip them. There have been nine accidents within the first week, two of them fatal. The foremen tell me that the men are adjusting, albeit slowly.

On the matter of teleportation, there have been significant developments. Apparently, one of the tunnelers found what looks to be a vein of tin below the Ministry hub. Unfortunately, this resulted in a cave in, and several of our warps were destroyed. We rebuilt them in short order, with some help from other locals. Indeed, our rune mage team has taken this opportunity to draft a list of all the waypoint destination signatures currently in use. You should find that a copy arrives with this letter.

Finally, several of the men working later at night are hearing strange noises. Many are scared, and wish to return home. I have been assured that the rail lines will be completed on schedule, but I am beginning to worry about the effects that are only now beginning to be made manifest. This world is ragged, and dangerous. I am only now beginning to learn the depths of this world's darkness. A request to the Prime Minister to send over a detachment of troops might not be out of place.

May your fortunes ever grow,
    3SecondCultist, Custodian
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-01-13 at 10:42 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Hmm, I've hit a bit of an odd snag with the next couple of Minecraft LP videos. Hey, Iskandar, how do you do that thing where you speed the video clip up? Do you just shorten it with moviemaker, or what?
    Yeah, windos movie maker allows me to select a section of a video, and then speed it up. Handy.

Domo, if you can find a big enough section of ocean you can drop the dome there as an island, thanks.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Preferably not in the one between my forest and my fort. I like that ocean...
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground

Captain's Log, Domochevsky writing.

1201142202:
    I may not be captain of a functional ship anymore, but my position still requires me to be the "major" of this new settlement, which affords me certain advantages. (And disadvantages for that matter. Like having to write logs. No offense to whoever made this a law.)

One of these advantages is that i am the first to receive recon from our scouts out at the borders of this rich but hostile world. A one-way message warped in half an hour ago, telling of alien sightings near a stronghold of sorts. Apparently they are hostile, if the lack of any further life signs from the scout is any indicator.

I'm fairly sure that this is of no concern to our regular settlers, however, as they are safe back here; therefore i have not informed them yet. (And who reads these public logs anyway apart from a bean counter back at home. Again, no offense.)
    I am going to wait for further commands from the minister in that regard.

In other news, we are apparently sitting on a giant uranium deposit near the landing site. Our prospectors say that the mountain is filled to the brim with this stuff. We will send a shipment back home for further analysis.

Unrelated: what is the word on the sudden massive decrease in creeper sightings back home? Have the scientists found a reason? It seems difficult to believe, in light of the hostility of the new world. Kinda like... nah, that would be silly.

End of log.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

16. - Top - End - #646
    Barbarian in the Playground

ZaIl corp has developed a way to convert Uranium into the much more useful UU-matter. As such, We"ll be willing to buy Any Uranium for 2 of the magic material.

-ZaIl corp.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

My quarries just exploded, and they were perfectly cooled. They cannot have exploded. I suspect some kind of attack.

EDIT: THings!!! THINGS!!! Lots fo them!! Get on NOW! Above the stronghold! GHASTS! TRAPS! aaH IT BURNS!
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-01-14 at 09:52 PM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for the double post. Something happened. The Stronghold was... invaded. We fought off the ghasts and disabled the traps, but it looks like this might soon happen again. Prepare yourselves.

On an unrelated note, it appears that combustion engines are somewhat buggy. They explode for little to no reason.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

19. - Top - End - #649

As informed by Our Recon officer and minister of transportation, 3sec, it appears we have been attacked by alien aggressors unknown. As such, a militia of sorts has been created, with the following people have been pressed into service volunteered for service.

Monarch, Iskandar

Maj. Domo. General commander
    Brigadier General Xenowarth, Infantry
    Lieutenant commander ZaIn, Navel forces and artillery.
    Officer 3sec Recon.
    Reaserch and development, Sagitus

anyone else should consider themselves Infantry under the command of Brigadier General Xenowarth unless they would prefer navel service.

Rundown of our forces

Project fortress, offering 10 Mark I reactors and a Mass fab for weapons production.

A newly commissioned Tesla-class battleship, the Nicolette.
    1 singular Spawn-class mortar overlooking the spelljammer.
    Spawn reactor, A singular mark one reactor.
    The ministry of transportation.
    and the newly commissioned fortress at spawn town

20. - Top - End - #650
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfPirate

I keep dropping out of the server for some reason.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    As informed by our Recon Officer and Minister of Transportation, 3SC, it appears we have been attacked by alien aggressors unknown. As such, a militia of sorts has been created, with the following people have been pressed into service volunteered for service.

Monarch, Iskandar

Maj. Domo. General commander
    Brigadier General Xenowrath, Infantry
    Lieutenant commander ZaIn, Naval forces and artillery.
    Recon Officer 3SecondCultist
    Research and Development, Sagitus

Anyone else should consider themselves infantry units under the command of Brigadier General Xenowrath unless they would prefer naval service.

Rundown of our forces:
    - Project fortress, offering 10 Mark I reactors and a Mass fab for weapons production.
    - A newly commissioned Tesla-class battleship, the Nicolette.
    - 1 singular Spawn-class mortar overlooking the Spelljammer.
    - Spawn reactor (singular mark one reactor).
    - The Ministry of Transportation.
    - Spawn Bunker.
    Several notes and updates. Firstly, the spawn town bunker/fortress is currently under construction, with the ground level all but finished at present. Also, Zain, please check your sources before reporting. I am no minister, merely a custodian until the genuine article actually arrives. Also, credit for the alien find goes to both the Brigadier General and myself, as we discovered what was going on at the End Stronghold nearly simultaneously. I will be uploading an early progress report to the Minister himself (within 24 hours to be sure) regarding the militarization of the colony. Hopefully, he will be able to send supplies or supplementary soldiers.

(Also, yes, I doctored your original message. This is what it should have looked like. )
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-01-15 at 01:52 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you, Recon Officer. I hereby propose a meeting of myself, the Lieutenant Commander, Recon Officer 3Sec, and Chief of Development Sagitus to discuss and prepare a strategy to present to the Monarch and General Commander at a later date. I also propose the drafting of infantryman ArcanaMage into Demolitions Corps in the position of Elite Selfdestruction Agent and his immediate equipping with several pieces of TNT with which he is to suicidally charge any further enemy fortifications, taking advantage of their flame-based traps. Furthermore, I propose that the Chief of Development looks into alternative ways of making things explode, so as to aid our newly promoted Selfdestruction Agent in his task(s).

In addition, I submit a proposal to prevent Recon Officer 3Sec from using the word 'simultaneous' or its derivatives in the future, both to prevent him from sounding like Indrick Boreale and to prevent him from thinking I didn't call him over to see what I found.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-01-15 at 01:53 AM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

23. - Top - End - #653

The as of yet unnamed warship docked at spawn should be able to provide fire support to Infantry teams on the ground. The plans call for 4 spawn class cannons upon completion, along with 6 Tesla coils, and 10 dispensers.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

Very good, comrade Zain. Perhaps stockpiles of lappacks for defenders and some MFSUs with reserves of energy might not go amiss either. Also, how about some kind of self-destruct in case of emergency? Perhaps a combustion engine or two?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

I am still snickering at the pun inherent in the name and rank of Major Domo.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

26. - Top - End - #656

That reminds me Destro, your the Chief Supply officer, as subcontracted to Yersulcorp.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

INITIAL REPORT ON TECHNOLOGY DISCOVERED IN RECENT ALTERCATION

I was able to unpower several of the turret defense systems that were used in the attack. By re-establishing power to these turrets I was able to reactivate them successfully. I did not find an intact flame turret to perform similar analysis. I Tried to repair a damaged turret but was unable to produce the mechanism. I believe the creation of these devices is beyond our capabilities at this time.

The device that allowed ghasts access to our world was destroyed in the battle so I was unable to determine the method by which they were brought to this world. No evidence of the lifeforms who constructed this outpost were found.

I am uncertain at this time if this was an attack, just an outpost pending an engagement, or merely a scouting mission, but that fact that these creatures can control ghasts and bring such advanced technology to bear in so quickly is troublesome whatever the case. The location above the stronghold may suggest that they were attempting to secure access to the end, although that is only speculation right now. I will attempt to translate some of the literature found in the stronghold to see if anything more about the end can be discovered. The egg we recovered in our initial expedition should also be guarded in case this was their objective.
    Last edited by Sagitus; 2012-01-15 at 11:59 AM.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I am currently doing some organizational work. I am repurposing my railroad surveyors to act as scouts and intelligence officers, should there be any more sightings. They will have their own two way comm arrays, independent of our command comm system. I will be sure to relate any significant findings to either Major Domo, Brigadier-General Xenowrath, or Lieutenant Commander Zain ASAP.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

An added note on the enemy technology: As we were destroying and disabling the traps, we did a bit of looking into how they work. They were destroyed afterwards to render them harmless, before we realized that we could not recreate them.
    They seem to rely on the redstone we know and love, but also on a secondary technology based in circuits resembling common signs. They come in two types, with one variant: "detector" types and "turret" types, some with the 'flame' subtype. Unfortunately, in the process of disabling the turrets, most of the "detector" circuits were destroyed. Perhaps in future battles, we should prioritize the isolation and preservation of several of these circuits for their future study.
    In other news, I am creating a training facility far from the main settlement for the purpose of training our infantry. We will also use the place to test new types of weapons.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Titan in the Playground

The Chief of Development and I are currently working on the spawn town fortress, which is doubling as the Ministry of Defense. Blast-proof (only at low intensity, however) and secure, it will feature personal lockers and bunks for all military personnel, as well as storage for some supplementary supplies.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.