New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

I'm afraid I'm going to be talking a leave form the sever, As school has decided to rear it's ugly head.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Similarly, I should soon be back from my education-related leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadowmind View Post
    Domo I've picked X -136, Y -8, as the center point to where my home is to be wrapped to. It is near the mountain temple.
    Repostinging, I can't really outline an area without blocks to do it with, and I can get blocks if I can't avoid dieing due to lag.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

Personal Log, YersulCorp Adjutant

The Spelljammer crashed on arrival, and we now seem to be stuck here. Most unfortunate. Similarly unfortunate is that we're under attack, and from what I hear the attack has hit home as well. War is not something I particularly wanted to find myself stuck in the midst of, but I'll have to make the best of it. I seem to have been conscripted as supply officer of some sort, given my ties to YersulCorp, most likely. I always figured that was the only reason they decided I could come along on this trip.

I've got the branch office set up, at any rate. It's small, but it'll serve. I've got a few instruments set up to study any alien tech I can "acquire," as well as a few pieces of the Spelljammer's engines that I salvaged. Gating things is massively energy intensive, but that's the only way to set up a trade line between us and home. With the attack back there they won't be able to spare much, but with war comes the need for resources, and a quick look around here confirms we have plenty. Should be able to turn a nice tidy profit, for me and the company.

Soon as I get the bloody gate working, anyways.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-01-25 at 12:59 PM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

Ministry of Transportation Progress Report III:
    Mercadin, 25th of Proliferation, 2296

Dear Minister,

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the lack of reports over the past several months. I hope that my message is not the first that spoke of the recent attacks. We have had several hostile encounters with what appear to be alien species. They possess technologies that are advanced in ways that ours are not, although we seem to have the upper hand so far. The colony here has been re-organized drastically, with the majority of the population having been drafted into the new militia force. I have been appointed as Recon Officer, in charge of maintaining intelligence and any other special operatives in play. To say anything more in an unencrypted message would constitute a breach of the new security protocol, therefore I will refer you to Major Domochevsky, the colony's acting commander, for any other developments on the military front.

Progress throughout the colony has ground down nearly to a halt, with nearly all of the workers being recruited. However, we have managed to continue several ongoing tasks. First and foremost, the Hall of Transport is complete, taking up the B1 floor of the Ministry building. All eight alcoves have been taken. Excavation of the second level, in preparation for new arrivals, has been completed ahead of schedule as well. Unfortunately, these developments took place before the attacks began, so a level of commitment set that high is optimistic at best.

There have been multiple unrelated security incidents, near both the Hapsburg Rail line and the Ministry building itself. This has led to what is now being called the Arcane Protocol. All of the entrances to the Ministry from the rail level have been replaced by doors, and supplemental lighting is now required on both the tops and bottoms of all rail towers. The safety of the colonists when traveling is one of our highest priorities, and with the recent troubles, such standards are expected. It seems now as if every time I open my mouth, bad news spills out. I hope that I will be able to get in contact with you soon, and that I have more hopeful tidings.

May your fortunes ever grow,
    3SecondCultist, Custodian and Militia Recon Officer
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

Personal Log, YersulCorp Adjutant

Well, that's something, at least. I've got a gating machine up and running, using a few of the less damaged parts from the Spelljammer's engines. It's not particularly efficient, unfortunately. Still, should bring in some trade, and at least now we have a working link with home.

Even if we can't use it for anything much bigger than a cubic meter at a time, and that with massive energy expenditure. First job, porting in some trees. I have word on a buyer for quite a bit of wood...

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

7. - Top - End - #757

As, ZaIl corp is expressing an interest in setting up a permanent Warp gate, to allow for the creation of large amounts of materials from home, as well as more colonists.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, Shadowmind, your structure has been gated in (somewhere). Are we missing anyone else now or is that it?

Oh yeah, another thing: ore distribution has been rejiggered and reapplied. Should be less crazy now.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-01-28 at 05:31 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

Is it possible that we could procure a map for the latest changes?
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Alright, Shadowmind, your structure has been gated in (somewhere). Are we missing anyone else now or is that it?

Oh yeah, another thing: ore distribution has been rejiggered and reapplied. Should be less crazy now.
    Me, unless you already dropped Frozen Islands somewhere and didn't tell me about it.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh, i didn't. Wasn't even aware that you still wanted things ported, given your current position.

Also, Map update. (40mb... jeez. The new map is just about twice as big as our previous one with 350mb world size. In not even a month's worth.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ettin in the Playground

Am I correct the whitish looking area with trees is a snow biome?, Would anyone mind me building a little port there?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

I already set one up there. (But no teleporter leading back there, admitedly.)

The signature is All Netherrack.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

On request from Domo and Zain, I have begun work on a gate through which the Spelljammer can be flown back to the homelands. It is, for the most part, complete, but not functional as of yet. I will be installing the mechanisms as soon as possible. Here is a photo of the structure so far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-01-28 at 10:48 PM.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Can you actually get back to the old map?
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

16. - Top - End - #766

BlackDragon

Who own the large quarry area? It is the nearest structure to my new house, so looking for nearest teleporter.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

The gate won't take you back, but Domo can get things through it in larger quantities once it's done.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ettin in the Playground

I have found evidence of what appears to be more activity by the invaders, the site of the recent coastal attack on the fortress is now littered with landmines, and the turret pod left intact has been re activated, in addition, near the copper battleship, I found what appears to be a new pod, half buried into the wall of a small ravine, I also discovered the remains of a pod in the lava inside the canyon behind my shop.

Edit; I have disabled the newly found pod's blaze spawner, but have left the rest intact, it can be found at +312 x, +74 z.

edit 2(ooc); why are there a bunch of npc thingies now?, Their sort of annoying and I dont see any need for them.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-01-29 at 01:38 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    Can you actually get back to the old map?
    No, but it works for LP purposes.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Why are there a bunch of NPC thingies now?, Their sort of annoying and I don't see any need for them.
    Hmmm, the irony is astounding.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    edit 2(ooc); why are there a bunch of npc thingies now?, Their sort of annoying and I dont see any need for them.
    It's a plugin. They're meant to make the Spawn Town feel more populated. Some of them can fight mobs.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmn... we should name an NPC Zoidberg. (V)(;,,;)(V)
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

smile Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadowmind View Post
    Who own the large quarry area? It is the nearest structure to my new house, so looking for nearest teleporter.

I think you are talking about our runway we have started construction on. It looks like a quarry on the map but it isn't I think the map doesn't render CF foam correctly.

There is a teleporter in front of the cabin which is near the runway.

I hate to ask this but since you just got teleported in could we maybe move your base to a different wooded island. It is in the direct path of the runway and it would be nice to de-conflict the two structures now before you get too settled. If you are willing to move, big thanks from Sagitus, I_wuv_you, and I.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

I double checked this, and the runway will miss Shadowminds structures, by about 10 meters. So while moving them may not be strictly necessary, the value of that property may plummet as the airbase is complete since there will potentially be jets and conventional spacecraft landing and taking off. My suggestion would still be to move it if possible.

Also Zain, Domo, and 3Sec have been doing some great work at fortifying the Spawn area and providing living arrangements for the new wave of colonists that are arriving. I highly recommend stopping by spawn town and checking it out when you get the chance, and be sure to greet the new colonists warmly so they send back good reports of our activities to homeworld and hopefully we can receive better support for our ongoing altercations with these forces unknown.

Major Domo, has the Nether globe been warped in yet? I have a spot marked near the nether portal for it when you get a chance to drop it in.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagitus View Post
    Also Zain, Domo, and 3Sec have been doing some great work at fortifying the Spawn area and providing living arrangements for the new wave of colonists that are arriving. I highly recommend stopping by spawn town and checking it out when you get the chance, and be sure to greet the new colonists warmly so they send back good reports of our activities to homeworld and hopefully we can receive better support for our ongoing altercations with these forces unknown.
    I am glad our efforts have not gone unnoticed.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Just had a look. That's very nice indeed. Sorry I haven't been on more, my attention has been consumed by my LP. Next episode is almost ready to go. Just a bit more editting, and I'll have it up.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of LPs, any news from your end of things, Iska? Sorry if we've been hounding you a bit about this, but we just want to know.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

28. - Top - End - #778

Right, sorry. I'm here.

I've been lurking quite a bit, just haven't gotten back yet.

I'm being really lax about this, sorry. The truth is, in addition to being somewhat justifiably distracted, I've also been more than somewhat burnt out on Minecraft.

I'm not quite sure how to proceed, quite yet. I want to get back to playing again, I like doing my LPs, I just haven't sat down to play for a bit.

I know I'm letting you guys down, and I'm sorry.

All i can say, I am here, I am keeping watch, and things will sort themselves out. Eventually.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

29. - Top - End - #779
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Science officers followup on reported alien sighting.

I investigated the site of the most recent alien sighting that Togath mentioned finding and found some additional evidence of the aliens intentions on this planet. Within the ravine where the bunker was found there was a small mining operation going on, with generators to power them. The miner and generator appear to use the sign based technology we've seen previously, but unlike the turrets and sensors these do not appear to be locked from being replicated. However since we already have functional miners and power generators I don't see an immediate use for this technology. The aliens intentions in mining on this world do worry me however, especially considering the odd fluctuation of resources we've seen since arriving on this world (perhaps the tin that fouled up our transport hall was due to their mining operations). With more colonists beginning to arrive and more permanent warp structures on the way having resources available for construction and trade will become crucial. We must do what we can to locate and disable these mining operations when we find them. This operation was guarded by several blaze spawners, but fortunately no Ghasts. In addition to the miner and generator there was a room full of turret components, possibly for constructing defenses. These are all intact, but as of yet there is no good way to move these, unless Domo could try a localized warp field to move them without disturbing any of the components.

I also began an investigation of the offshore alien site but was quickly overwhelmed by the alien forces. They have a powerful aerial force there that I will need military assistance to defeat. I deactivated several spawners on one of the ships, but there are still several that are fully functional. Due to the proximity of this site to the spawn town I recommend it be dealt with soon, lest our town and new settlers come under attack.

Sagitus

30. - Top - End - #780

due to the nature of the larger ships, any AAA is largely ineffective, however the smaller scout ships should be easy pray. the Artillery will do what it can to suppress them. Also, should we consider shelling the building that they seem to guarding?