New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Might be more valuable to take that intact, or at least as much so as possible. If it's too damaged, we won't be able to tell what it is.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Might I ask where this is? I may have some time to help later tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

I believe that my scouts reported this in a while ago. The armada is northwest of spawn, actually within sight of the harbor itself. I will help when I can, but there have been other issues taking up my attention. Several of my workers are being uncooperative, so I must sort them out in turn.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

4. - Top - End - #784
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

The building took some damage from Ghast attacks yesterday, but we should leave what we can of it intact to study further. The smaller ships can be disabled, they are lightly armed and reachable by jetpack. The larger ships will be the problem, since that is where all the troop spawners are located. It would also be good to take any of the pilots from the smaller craft prisoner if possible for questioning. Do we have jail cells set up in the ministry of defense?

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

Not that I know of. Also, I have a couple concerns. Largely questions Zain can answer.

1: The town's power grid is, shall we say, overstressed. The lights in a lot of the buildings are flickering on and off. Power production needs to be increased before we hit blackout, and creepers start infiltrating.

2: Little concerned about the flight capabilities of the Spelljammer. Its engines were badly damaged and then salvaged for parts. Do we have the capabilities to fix that?

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    1: The town's power grid is, shall we say, overstressed. The lights in a lot of the buildings are flickering on and off. Power production needs to be increased before we hit blackout, and creepers start infiltrating.
    That one's on me. I hooked up the diner lights, but they take more power than the grid can provide right now. I attached a emergency generator to the power station and disconnected the primary power line for the diner, so that the other houses aren't affected.

So upgrading the power station is a priority.
    (Things i learned: you cannot use crystals to power batboxes. They only take batteries.)

Also, Sagitus, yes i think the ministry has some basic holding cells. So that might be useful if we manage to capture any of their forces. I will also send a delegation to check out the machinery you found and have it gated into a safer area. (You might wanna tell us where you want them though, being the research division.)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-01-31 at 05:12 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

7. - Top - End - #787
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Also, Sagitus, yes i think the ministry has some basic holding cells. So that might be useful if we manage to capture any of their forces. I will also send a delegation to check out the machinery you found and have it gated into a safer area. (You might wanna tell us where you want them though, being the research division.)
    Among other things, I can upgrade the main sections to include proper holding cells. In the meantime, though, I can retrofit the weapons stockpiles to hold prisoners (with two of them being vacant at the current time).
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-01-31 at 05:59 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

News: the gate is fully fitted, and functional. It should not be used without my supervision, though. It also takes a while to power down after being activated. I'm working on fixing that.
    Some pics (inactive and active):
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, I'm going to sleep. LP is editted and done. I'll upload it when I wake up.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #790
    Barbarian in the Playground

Not that I know of. Also, I have a couple concerns. Largely questions Zain can answer.

2: Little concerned about the flight capabilities of the Spelljammer. Its engines were badly damaged and then salvaged for parts. Do we have the capabilities to fix that?
    After we salvaged the engines for the matter transport system, I basically retrofitted the thing with older gold repulsion engines. Given that she does not need to hop worlds by herself anymore, the simpler atmospheric engines seemed like a better idea.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn. I get the feeling I'm missing out on a battle. You guys wouldn't be attacking the armada right now, would you?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

I'm interested in rejoining the server. Probably wouldn't be able to get on too much, though. Since it's now an RP server, would anything need to be done to explain my appearance or give me a role?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #793

Not really, You character will have simply warped in with the next wave of colonists, as for a role, make on up and post it here

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, so the server has moved to a full rp server, hadn't realised that part.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-01-31 at 11:09 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

Not really. You can if you want. Or just RP a highly genre-savvy person like I do.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ettin in the Playground

ah needed ten letters
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

17. - Top - End - #797

NinjaGuy

Ok, I'm going to sleep. LP is editted and done. I'll upload it when I wake up.
    Very well done!

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    ah needed ten letters
    OK, how did it let you get away with less than 10 characters?

Edit: oh...
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2012-02-01 at 07:13 AM.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

I assume that means Crossblade has seen it. For anyone who hasn't yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Dy6...ature=youtu.be

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Iska, I think I might have a simple suggestion. Instead of building something right off the bat, just start off touring the server, making a couple of videos. You can just do one or two. You never know, something out there might spark something.

It would be worth it just to have some presence, I think.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Battle and Research Report From Offshore Site

Last night several of us engaged the enemy at their offshore facility near spawn town. The battle was a defeat for our troops, but was quite valuable from a learning standpoint and should help in upcoming battles. We managed to disable many of the smaller scoutcraft and Zain took several of the pilots prisoner. We also managed to capture one capital ship and disable a second. The enemy ships seem to have self destruct mechanisms on the chronotriggers on their decks, and the ghasts readily attacked the compromised vessels, so both took heavy damage but have some salvageable components.

I was able to land one ship near the docking area for the Delilah and a small ranger detail led by Deerslayer is guarding the second vessel, which crashed into the shoreline near spawn town. The Delilah suffered some heavy damage in the attack but managed to limp back to her dock. Testing is in progress to strengthen her defenses before the next engagement. The new vessel has intact engines, but they will be supplemented by gold repulsion engines, probably requiring about 10 gold blocks.

On the less positive side the Ghasts we encountered in the battle were far stronger than we have seen previously, damaging the iron shielding of the Delilah and making the boarding of the enemy airships near impossible. Additionally a Blaze boarding party was able to reach the Delilah and plant a spawner on her to bring in more troops, and several reinforcing ships arrived once the battle started. This suggests that the aliens now have reinforcement parties close at hand, possibly in orbit around our world or in near warp range.

We will need to be careful in future encounters to strike quickly and in a coordinated fashion before reinforcements can arrive. The functional chronotriggers on their ships also ensured a cover of darkness throughout the battle. Since they prefer fighting in dark conditions it would suggest their sensors and troops have Infrared vision capability.

Sagitus

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

Is there any role that's currently empty?

Better phrasing: What is the role of each person currently on the server, so I can try to avoid overlap?
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

While I was only able to participate in a small portion of the battle, I had time to note that 'spawner' gateways our opponents used had the seeming ability to regenerate. After capturing a ship, I was forced to log, and upon rejoining, found that all the spawners I had destroyed were there again.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Is there any role that's currently empty?

Better phrasing: What is the role of each person currently on the server, so I can try to avoid overlap?
    If you wish for a quick list of military personnel, here you go:

Iskandar, Monarch and Head of State (currently MIA)

Domochevsky, Major and acting Commander in Chief

Zain, Lieutenant Commander (Naval forces)

Xenowrath, Brigadier General (Infantry)

3SecondCultist, Chief Recon Officer (Scouts and Intelligence)

Sagitus, Research and Development Officer

These are the department heads of the military. Others, such as Mario, Arcanamage, and Detrepid, are either Infantrymen, Marines, or Recon Officers. And there are some, such as Destro, who act outside the traditional command structure as private contractors.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't forget Anti-Domochevsky, Domo's evil clone who occasionally directs enemy forces.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Don't forget Anti-Domochevsky, Domo's evil clone who occasionally directs enemy forces.
    Ah, how could I forget?
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I assume that means Crossblade has seen it. For anyone who hasn't yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Dy6...ature=youtu.be
    I must say, the damage noise gave me a heart attack there. Kudos. Nice music too. Reminds me of that DXHR trailer song "Icarus". Also, why didn't the failsafe shut the entire thing down before it blew? Isn't that what failsafes are supposed to do?

28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground

If you wish for a quick list of military personnel, here you go:

Iskandar, Monarch and Head of State (currently MIA)

Domochevsky, Major and acting Commander in Chief

Zain, Lieutenant Commander (Naval forces)

Xenowrath, Brigadier General (Infantry)

3SecondCultist, Chief Recon Officer (Scouts and Intelligence)

Sagitus, Research and Development Officer

These are the department heads of the military. Others, such as Mario, Arcanamage, and Detrepid, are either Infantrymen, Marines, or Recon Officers. And there are some, such as Destro, who act outside the traditional command structure as private contractors.
    Hmmm...
    Could I be a recon officer, or are there enough of those?
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

Reason One: It wouldn't have fired if it was shut down.

Reason Two: Destro the Character is... rather half-arsed, you may have noticed. He didn't build an obsidian tower. He plated one he found with obsidian and called it good enough. He's a tad lazy, and if he thinks he can get away with automating something, or cutting corners, as long as it does what he wanted it to do, he's fine with that. So he built a giant space laser that didn't have a hard shutdown, because he only needed to fire it once. The 'failsafe' button vented the laser's coolant and pumped in new stuff, in an effort to keep it from overheating just long enough to hit the freem switch and get the hell out of dodge.

Reason Three: Plot.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

30. - Top - End - #810
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Frankly, reason 2 is good enough for me. And I should have seen that coming, given that Destro the character a) dropped out of school, b) is using alchemy to simulate, rather than actually do, magic. Although why he didn't just pull all three switches in order, then run before the crystal exploded is still unexplained. Also, he should have thought of the fact that if he shut it down when it started to fail, it could have survived to fire another night. Meh, I'll just chalk it up to "human foibles" and "plot necessity".